PDA

View Full Version : Lakers still in hunt for Bosh?

Lakeshow86
07-05-2010, 11:26 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/070510dnspochrisbosh.109f8597a.html

According to Dallasnews, the lakers are one of the teams that are in the hunt for a sign and trade for Bosh. I think It depends on how everyone feels about it. All three sides have to agree. Does Bosh want to come to LA? Are the Raptors willing to take Bynum, who is starting to look injury prone? The Raptors can easily say we would rather let Bosh walk than take on the risky Bynum. The Lakers might have to throw in a draft pick or two to get Toronto to agree to it. I think Lakers want to get rid of Bynum badly. They dont want to take any more chances with his Knee

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-05-2010, 11:35 AM
not gonna happen

Young$avage
07-05-2010, 11:39 AM
not gonna happen

/thread

Margie
07-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Stop it please.

Raidaz4Life
07-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Just because we are "potential" sign and trade partners doesn't mean we are still looking to trade Bynum for Bosh

Lakeshow86
07-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Just because we are "potential" sign and trade partners doesn't mean we are still looking to trade Bynum for Bosh

True. The Lakers may no longer be in talks about a sign and trade. Toronto and/or Bosh might have said no way its going to happen

lake100
07-05-2010, 11:47 AM
means nothing...not gonna happen.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Plus Mitch said we ain't gonna trade him!

c'mon he's arguably 2nd best center in the league

The Raven
07-05-2010, 11:51 AM
We dont want this Diva to begin with. On top of that, its not happening

Raidaz4Life
07-05-2010, 11:56 AM

I would easily still take Bogut over Bynum

Rocco007
07-05-2010, 11:58 AM
At first I thought LA would mull it over....and they still may...But at the end of the day...
Bynum stays...
Its simple...
Looking around the league and even in the draft, Bynum is so unique...
A Center with a post game is such a commodity...
where as the versatile PF is becoming the norm around the league...
Yes Bynum is a health risk...
But judging from his desire win and his bravado of playing hurt in the Offs...
LA will gladly roll the dice with their young stud...

DodgerBlue82
07-05-2010, 12:03 PM

Exactley! I get so tired of seeing Bynums name mentioned. Now if we can do a sign and trade for Mr incosistent, AKA Mr. Lamar Kardashian then I would be all for it!

Raven19
07-05-2010, 12:08 PM
No Bynum = No low post muscle

Iron24th
07-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Stop with this BS speculation,that's ridiculous,not gonna happen,Mitch said it many times.

Avenged
07-05-2010, 12:19 PM
This move doesn't make any sense anymore.

BrewinRamLakers
07-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Pass.

Lakeshow86
07-05-2010, 12:25 PM
This move doesn't make any sense anymore.

I think this move makes perfect sense for the Lakers. In case you havent noticed, the lakers just went to 3 finals and two championships where Bynum was either not there at all or was very limted to injury. If you have a chance to get rid of Bynum id say do it. He hasnt proven he can stay healthy. For example, If we had had Bosh instead of the very limted Bynum against the celtics. I guarantee you it wouldnt have gone 7 games.The Lakers would have won in 4 or 5 games

Teeboy1487
07-05-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm with Avenged. This move makes no sense to me. Why get softer?

Lakeshow86
07-05-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm with Avenged. This move make no sense to me. Why get softer?

On paper it doenst make any sense. Good 7 foot 290 pound centers dont come around everday. But I would rather have a healthy soft bosh vs an injured Bynum anyday.

Avenged
07-05-2010, 12:42 PM
I think this move makes perfect sense for the Lakers. In case you havent noticed, the lakers just went to 3 finals and two championships where Bynum was either not there at all or was very limted to injury. If you have a chance to get rid of Bynum id say do it. He hasnt proven he can stay healthy. For example, If we had had Bosh instead of the very limted Bynum against the celtics. I guarantee you it wouldnt have gone 7 games.The Lakers would have won in 4 or 5 games

I'm going to have to disagree. Though Bynum was limited, he was still a defensive presence who kept the Celtics bigs in check. Sure he didn't have big nights offensively but his presence in the paint was huge. You really can't say the same about Bosh. Had we had Bosh there, this team would remind me a lot of the Suns. Offensive fire power with limited defense.

Even with Bynum not at 100%, he was one of the biggest reasons the Lakers won. Had we had bosh instead of Bynum, there's no way the Lakers sweep, I'd expect a Celtics team to win. They play tough physical basketball and Bosh is neither.

On paper it doenst make any sense. Good 7 foot 290 pound centers dont come around everday. But I would rather have a healthy soft bosh vs an injured Bynum anyday.

I really wouldn't. If we were a rebuilding/lottery team, then sure, why wouldn't we? But we're far from it. Bosh is really not the answer and he really isn't what we need. A healthy soft player couldn't get it done against the Cetics 2 years ago with Bynum not playing. You add a physical center in the paint and all of a sudden the Celtics can't have their way. It's all about making the pieces fit, as we've learned before, it's not always the team who has the greater talent who ends up winning it all.

ldawg
07-05-2010, 12:43 PM

I am all for Bosh as long as we snag a back up center. I have 0% faith in Bynums Knee regardless of the extra effort he put forth in the finals after hearing his name in trade talks for Bosh. Like Walton that is fools gold, If you are foolish you will pay for that mistake for a long time. Bynum is just not durable. Also as Kobe Ages I don't see Bynum and Pau being the next big thing as Kobe goes so will those two but Bosh changes that.

Lakerfrk
07-05-2010, 12:48 PM
If its for Odom and Luke, I'm all for it ;)

shep33
07-05-2010, 12:53 PM
No thanks. Gimme Drew... last time i checked our D won us the ring this past season.

shep33
07-05-2010, 12:58 PM
People forget what Drew does on defense... remember now when Big Baby was destroying us, Phil moved Drew on him, and Davis was insignificant whenever Drew was guarding him. If we have a lineup of Kobe, Pau, and Bosh.... it may look good on paper, but lets face it, that's a pretty weak frontcourt with 0 muscle and bad defense for the most part. Pau is a better defender than Bosh, and Pau ain't really a stopper. Don't get me wrong he has his momements, but Amar'e destroyed him in a few games, while he made KG look like a 27 year old in multiple games in the finals.

Good thing about Drew is he doesn't complain either, doesn't need to take shots. What happens to Bosh who we'd be paying a max deal, when he only gets 4-6 shots in a few games?

Gimme Drew.

ldawg
07-05-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm going to have to disagree. Though Bynum was limited, he was still a defensive presence who kept the Celtics bigs in check. Sure he didn't have big nights offensively but his presence in the paint was huge. You really can't say the same about Bosh. Had we had Bosh there, this team would remind me a lot of the Suns. Offensive fire power with limited defense. Even with Bynum not at 100%, he was one of the biggest reasons the Lakers won. Had we had bosh instead of Bynum, there's no way the Lakers sweep, I'd expect a Celtics team to win. They play tough physical basketball and Bosh is neither.

I really wouldn't. If we were a rebuilding/lottery team, then sure, why wouldn't we? But we're far from it. Bosh is really not the answer and he really isn't what we need. A healthy soft player couldn't get it done against the Cetics 2 years ago with Bynum not playing. You add a physical center in the paint and all of a sudden the Celtics can't have their way. It's all about making the pieces fit, as we've learned before, it's not always the team who has the greater talent who ends up winning it all.

You are paying to much attention to Bynum Presents. Sure he make a difference but we can find a big off the bench to play 15 min solid D get 6 pts 5 rbs don't need 12 mil for that. Bynum once again was on the bench when it mattered most in the 4th. So yes our last two titles came with little help from Bynum. The biggest difference in 08 and 2010 was not Having Artest or a healthy Ariza. no disrespect to Sasha but he let Ray Allen and Rhondo run right pass him. Fisher, Kobe and Sasha will never get it done. Artest making pierce a none factor is what got it done. While Kobe Chase Rhondo around the court making him work hard. Another resaon is Boston were better in 08 a healthy Kg and they had a better defender on Kobe in James Posey who also Knock 3's down unlike Tony Allen who you don't have to defend out there. Bosh to Lakers have a greater potential of being great. This is Jackson last year so the next Coach may need more skills. Against Boston Defense Lakers still had trouble scoring.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-05-2010, 01:17 PM
I would easily still take Bogut over Bynum

Bogut is a lot older and he's injury prone also but not as much as bynum

Avenged
07-05-2010, 01:22 PM
You are paying to much attention to Bynum Presents. Sure he make a difference but we can find a big off the bench to play 15 min solid D get 6 pts 5 rbs don't need 12 mil for that. Bynum once again was on the bench when it mattered most in the 4th. So yes our last two titles came with little help from Bynum. The biggest difference in 08 and 2010 was not Having Artest or a healthy Ariza. no disrespect to Sasha but he let Ray Allen and Rhondo run right pass him. Fisher, Kobe and Sasha will never get it done. Artest making pierce a none factor is what got it done. While Kobe Chase Rhondo around the court making him work hard. Another resaon is Boston were better in 08 a healthy Kg and they had a better defender on Kobe in James Posey who also Knock 3's down unlike Tony Allen who you don't have to defend out there. Bosh to Lakers have a greater potential of being great. This is Jackson last year so the next Coach may need more skills. Against Boston Defense Lakers still had trouble scoring.

I'm going to disagree but that's just me.

Bynum is part of the core and is relatively young.

Everything you mentioned played a part in winning the championship this year just like Bynum's presence. It's all the little things, everyone put their part in order to win. We've won back to back titles with Bynum in limited action, so why would we completely change things? Bosh is not a player who can just come in here and accept being the 3-4 option. There's no way, have you heard some of his interviews? The guy has a big ego and is all about attention.

While Bosh may be the better player than Bynum, he isn't the fit the Lakers need. If the Lakers want to trade Bynum due to injuries, they can go out and acquire someone the Lakers actually need.

Storch
07-05-2010, 01:30 PM
No more bosh threads please, bosh is just a diva that craves attention. We dont want that mess in the lakers, we have a bunch of professionals here now. Kobe and ron may have had their drama in the past but these guys just come to play now and why should we mess that up?

Bosh to the Lakers is a big NO. And im glad im seeing a lot of the laker fans here are saying the same.

CalJo1617
07-05-2010, 01:37 PM
why is dallasnews reporting this...? dont they have other big stories to cover like dirk resigning...it smells fishy

ldawg
07-05-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm going to disagree but that's just me.

Bynum is part of the core and is relatively young.

Everything you mentioned played a part in winning the championship this year just like Bynum's presence. It's all the little things, everyone put their part in order to win. We've won back to back titles with Bynum in limited action, so why would we completely change things? Bosh is not a player who can just come in here and accept being the 3-4 option. There's no way, have you heard some of his interviews? The guy has a big ego and is all about attention.

While Bosh may be the better player than Bynum, he isn't the fit the Lakers need. If the Lakers want to trade Bynum due to injuries, they can go out and acquire someone the Lakers actually need.

I am not saying Bynum was not part but he can be replaced by bosh Making the team better. I will admit on the defensive end we would become a bit softer but we will make up for that in other areas of the game. few examples are transition d, Team D, Fast breaks, pick rolls, high screen with kobe etc he is a more all around player. I heard his interviews but its not like We don't have that problem now so we swap players so what still the same. Kobe just need to adjust now that he have the help he wanted. no more need to avg 29 ppg he needs to be at 22 or 23ppg but thats just me. leave that for Wade, Lebron and Melo.

LA_Raiders
07-05-2010, 02:05 PM
bynum + fillers/picks would be a great trade for us, but odom/bynum... no way...

ldawg
07-05-2010, 02:10 PM
word is Bosh going to Huston. In a Year and a half Lakers will regret not making this trade they are on the Path to be Boston.

lakersrnumber1
07-05-2010, 02:11 PM
to be honest i rather see him come 2 la then go to houston mark my words if he goes there we goin have a problem. Thats the only team i see as a threat in the west for us.
houston line will be
brooks-pg
ariza-sg
yao-center
bosh-forward
scola-forward

bench
martin
lowry
battier
patterson
jefries
taylor
dont know if they still goin do a sign or trade but its a scary thought
looks real scary on paper

BrewinRamLakers
07-05-2010, 02:11 PM
How can they be Boston when Boston is already Boston?

lakersrnumber1
07-05-2010, 02:23 PM
rather have him in la then him goin 2 houston which would b a big problem for us

Avenged
07-05-2010, 02:32 PM
No more bosh threads please, bosh is just a diva that craves attention. We dont want that mess in the lakers, we have a bunch of professionals here now. Kobe and ron may have had their drama in the past but these guys just come to play now and why should we mess that up?

Bosh to the Lakers is a big NO. And im glad im seeing a lot of the laker fans here are saying the same.

That's what I'm saying. The guy craves attention and wants to be the go to guy. He will not become that guy in the Lakers with all the talent we have and he will not garner all the attention he craves for playing alongside Kobe, Pau, Artest, Odom etc..

word is Bosh going to Huston. In a Year and a half Lakers will regret not making this trade they are on the Path to be Boston.

I don't think so. Kobe and Pau have more than 1 year to stay on top. Add Bynum to the list and great role players, this team will still be contending for a couple year.

With Kobe leading the pact, the Lakers want to win right now. When the future comes, then they'll figure something out. The good thing about the Lakers being one of if not the biggest market out there is that they can always attract top players to come play here.

9erlakesdodgers
07-05-2010, 04:15 PM
plus Bosh makes us a small team, we cannot win obv being a small team with Pau at Center, that is the biggest thing to think about. No to Bosh Pau and a Odom combination, we will get murdered on the boards and inside.

KillaInstinct24
07-05-2010, 04:21 PM
it seems that the lakers are not even bosh's top 3 choices anymore according to broussard, but i wonder if it has anything to do with our FO or did he just change his mind on his own?

KillaInstinct24
07-05-2010, 04:23 PM
That's what I'm saying. The guy craves attention and wants to be the go to guy. He will not become that guy in the Lakers with all the talent we have and he will not garner all the attention he craves for playing alongside Kobe, Pau, Artest, Odom etc..

I don't think so. Kobe and Pau have more than 1 year to stay on top. Add Bynum to the list and great role players, this team will still be contending for a couple year.

With Kobe leading the pact, the Lakers want to win right now. When the future comes, then they'll figure something out. The good thing about the Lakers being one of if not the biggest market out there is that they can always attract top players to come play here.

yeah man, add an injury prone ineffective bynum to our squad, and its over for anyone :rolleyes:

Anilyzer
07-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Yeah, Bynum in the past 3 Finals... in the first two, he didn't play at all. In 2010 he definitely contributed, and was probably vital to the Lakers winning. His offense was very effective, and while Pau was struggling and Kobe was double teamed, Bynum was looking like a young Shaq at times, scoring at will inside. Still, his minutes were limited.

I mean Bynum is certainly a nice player... the injury risk thing is unfortunate, but it is possible he has grown into his body, gotten stronger, overcome the fear, and the risk is no longer there.

Still, even if Bynum is totally healthy, he is a developing young player with consistency issues... Nobody can realistically compare Bynum to Bosh. Even Pau to Bosh comparisons are somewhat laughable. In Bosh, you are talking about a legit 24/7 All Star... and just coming into his prime. Think Tim Duncan / Kevin Garnett. Think starter on the All Star team for the next 7 years.

Disregard that the Lakers have mainly gotten it done the past three years without Bynum... A Kurt Thomas the past three years would've probably been much better. But even if Bynum is healthy, Bosh is just on another level. Bynum would have to go crazy for the next two years and lead the league in scoring and FG% for us to even have this conversation.

If the Lakers can get Bosh for Bynum, or Odom, or some combination possibly including Walton, Sasha or picks, they simply have to do it. Bynum's trade value is super high right now, and again, he is a very nice prospect, but the idea of adding the best PF in the league to the Lakers... I mean, obviously the Laker's FO must be trying to get this done, they must be working on it, how could they not? If Bosh goes to Houston and forms another Twin Towers that would be bad... not that Yao can necessarily stay healthy, but that could be the nucleus that gets Houston (and Yao) their one title.

You know the NBA would LOVE to see Yao holding the trophy, and all the fans in China going wild. Bosh makes that a reality for them. Maybe not in 2011 but probably 2012 or something.

lakerssssssss
07-05-2010, 04:58 PM
mitch said countless timess that lakers are not going to trade bynum, so this is not happening.

New Power House
07-05-2010, 04:59 PM
to be honest i rather see him come 2 la then go to houston mark my words if he goes there we goin have a problem. Thats the only team i see as a threat in the west for us.
houston line will be
brooks-pg
ariza-sg
yao-center
bosh-forward
scola-forward

bench
martin
lowry
battier
patterson
jefries
taylor

They will have to give Scola to get Bosh and Yao is going to get hurt again.
We still beat them.

LifeLongLaker
07-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Exactley! I get so tired of seeing Bynums name mentioned. Now if we can do a sign and trade for Mr incosistent, AKA Mr. Lamar Kardashian then I would be all for it!

This is the more likely scenario: move Lamar and or sign and trade with Brown; or Sasha/Luke.

Have to say the Raptors would be interested in Lamar/Brown trade: better than what they may get elsewhere.

And as much as I love Lamar: Bosh/Bynum/Gasol would be an improvement.

LifeLongLaker
07-05-2010, 05:11 PM
it seems that the lakers are not even bosh's top 3 choices anymore according to broussard, but i wonder if it has anything to do with our FO or did he just change his mind on his own?

Seems like there might be some truth to the rumor that Kobe doesn't like his work ethic ... I never saw any problems on the court however. It's probably more about max money for Bosh... he can't get that with the world Champs. He might have if the outcome of the Finals had been different....

New Power House
Yeah, Bynum in the past 3 Finals... in the first two, he didn't play at all. In 2010 he definitely contributed, and was probably vital to the Lakers winning. His offense was very effective, and while Pau was struggling and Kobe was double teamed, Bynum was looking like a young Shaq at times, scoring at will inside. Still, his minutes were limited.

I mean Bynum is certainly a nice player... the injury risk thing is unfortunate, but it is possible he has grown into his body, gotten stronger, overcome the fear, and the risk is no longer there.

Still, even if Bynum is totally healthy, he is a developing young player with consistency issues... Nobody can realistically compare Bynum to Bosh. Even Pau to Bosh comparisons are somewhat laughable. In Bosh, you are talking about a legit 24/7 All Star... and just coming into his prime. Think Tim Duncan / Kevin Garnett. Think starter on the All Star team for the next 7 years.

Disregard that the Lakers have mainly gotten it done the past three years without Bynum... A Kurt Thomas the past three years would've probably been much better. But even if Bynum is healthy, Bosh is just on another level. Bynum would have to go crazy for the next two years and lead the league in scoring and FG% for us to even have this conversation.

If the Lakers can get Bosh for Bynum, or Odom, or some combination possibly including Walton, Sasha or picks, they simply have to do it. Bynum's trade value is super high right now, and again, he is a very nice prospect, but the idea of adding the best PF in the league to the Lakers... I mean, obviously the Laker's FO must be trying to get this done, they must be working on it, how could they not? If Bosh goes to Houston and forms another Twin Towers that would be bad... not that Yao can necessarily stay healthy, but that could be the nucleus that gets Houston (and Yao) their one title.

You know the NBA would LOVE to see Yao holding the trophy, and all the fans in China going wild. Bosh makes that a reality for them. Maybe not in 2011 but probably 2012 or something.

You got it all wrong when you said that Bosh is the best PF in the league. Gasol is now the best at his position and Bynum is after Howard the second best center. Bynum haven't explode yet due to the injuries,nevertheless he has shown thta he is capable to dominate in games. He is playing as the third or fourth option in a team that is loaded with scorers and still show dominnce at times. Bosh has been the first option all the time since he came into the league and he has not able to take his team beyond the first round of play offs. He is a very good player but being better than Gasol no way!
Lakers will need to wait for a player that in 3 or 4 years can be capable to take over to a certain extent. Lakers are cover for center and PF domination for at least 8 years. Kobe might just last 4 more playing at the level that we are used to see of him. Bosh is not coming and the Lakers are set for the next 3 years then I am not sure if they are going to reach for a Lebron or Wade or someone else to fill in for the KING.

ItsTheLastAce
sasha + luke + 3 1sts for bosh :p

numba1CHANGsta
07-05-2010, 05:13 PM
houston line will be
brooks-pg
ariza-sg
yao-center
bosh-forward
scola-forward

bench
martin
lowry
battier
patterson
jefries
taylor

The would have to give up Ariza, Scola, and either Battier or Lowry, but their starters would still look scary:

PG- Brooks
SG- Martin
SF- Battier/lowry
PF- Bosh
C- Yao

BUT Raptors have already stated that they wont do a S&T with Bosh so hopefully that stays true..

Anilyzer
07-05-2010, 05:21 PM
You got it all wrong when you said that Bosh is the best PF in the league. Gasol is now the best at his position and Bynum is after Howard the second best center. Bynum haven't explode yet due to the injuries,nevertheless he has shown thta he is capable to dominate in games. He is playing as the third or fourth option in a team that is loaded with scorers and still show dominnce at times. Bosh has been the first option all the time since he came into the league and he has not able to take his team beyond the first round of play offs. He is a very good player but being better than Gasol no way!
Lakers will need to wait for a player that in 3 or 4 years can be capable to take over to a certain extent. Lakers are cover for center and PF domination for at least 8 years. Kobe might just last 4 more playing at the level that we are used to see of him. Bosh is not coming and the Lakers are set for the next 3 years then I am not sure if they are going to reach for a Lebron or Wade or someone else to fill in for the KING.

OMG look I'm a Laker fan too and I like Gasol a lot also but c'mon, no way is Gasol the best PF in the league. Sorry. If that's what you think, then when we add Bosh to the lineup you will probably just be completely freaked out.

Also, somebody mentioned trading Sasha and Walton + picks for Bosh... that would be taking on too much salary. We'd have to trade another player for the $$ to make sense.

Honestly, I think if we had to send either Bynum or Odom, I'd rather send Odom. BUT, that creates a logjam at PF... so it makes sense to either send just Odom, or send both, and look for a free agent center like a Kurt Thomas.

Bosh is definitely >>> Odom

And obviously Bynum is still relatively unproven, so there is no discussion there at all. Bosh has proven it in Toronto and is a legit first team All Star and NBA superstar. No comparison WHATSOEVER.

Also, to those who keep saying "mitch has said this won't happen, just forget it" -- I mean, c'mon. General Managers always have secrets, change their minds, and lie. Seriously. You don't believe that just because mitch said it will never happen that means it's done, do you?

kobebabe
07-05-2010, 05:29 PM
No thanks. Gimme Drew... last time i checked our D won us the ring this past season.

yes, plus our length. No way mitch give up our strength....our length!

ldawg
07-05-2010, 05:48 PM
How can they be Boston when Boston is already Boston? getting old Bynum is not the Future but he is our or center on a championship team.

gr824
07-05-2010, 05:52 PM
This is the more likely scenario: move Lamar and or sign and trade with Brown; or Sasha/Luke.

Have to say the Raptors would be interested in Lamar/Brown trade: better than what they may get elsewhere.

And as much as I love Lamar: Bosh/Bynum/Gasol would be an improvement.

Moving the players you cite is much more complicated than you let on and the end result is likely to be more a decimation of a championship roster than an improvement:

First off, Brown cannot be included with Odom in a trade for Bosh [ even if the salaries were to match, which they likely would not ], since he is not currently under contract [ the player leaving a team via S & T has to be signed and traded away alone, not as a portion of a package swap; in your scenario, Bosh would be in compliance with that, but Shannon would not comply ] ... That problem could be solved, but only by making the deal 'bigger' and involving more men from both teams, in essence creating two simultaneous transactions, each of which much satisfy CBA restrictions as separate trades [ with me so far ... and do you still care ? ] ...

So what would something that could work look like ? The following would [ likely ] 'work' from a technical standpoint:

Transaction One: Bosh S & T [ 'max' contract ] for Odom, Vujacic, and Walton

Transaction Two: Jack or Banks for Brown S & T [ Early Bird rights, league average/min. two-year contract ]

Net Effect: Bosh and Jack or Banks for Odom, Vujacic, Walton, and Brown ...

That would leave the Laker roster at six men [ Artest, Banks or Jack, Bosh, Bryant, Bynum, and Gasol ] with lots of holes left to fill and even less $$$s with which to do it. Arguably, the team would be 'better' on the frontline, though not deeper there and probably less flexible overall ...

This is not a good idea ...

New Power House
07-05-2010, 06:08 PM
OMG look I'm a Laker fan too and I like Gasol a lot also but c'mon, no way is Gasol the best PF in the league. Sorry. If that's what you think, then when we add Bosh to the lineup you will probably just be completely freaked out.

Also, somebody mentioned trading Sasha and Walton + picks for Bosh... that would be taking on too much salary. We'd have to trade another player for the $$ to make sense.

Honestly, I think if we had to send either Bynum or Odom, I'd rather send Odom. BUT, that creates a logjam at PF... so it makes sense to either send just Odom, or send both, and look for a free agent center like a Kurt Thomas.

Bosh is definitely >>> Odom

And obviously Bynum is still relatively unproven, so there is no discussion there at all. Bosh has proven it in Toronto and is a legit first team All Star and NBA superstar. No comparison WHATSOEVER.

Also, to those who keep saying "mitch has said this won't happen, just forget it" -- I mean, c'mon. General Managers always have secrets, change their minds, and lie. Seriously. You don't believe that just because mitch said it will never happen that means it's done, do you?

It is not just my humbled opinion. It has been already proven for the last three years. All the experts have already expressed this and the results proved this. Bosh is an awesome player but Gasol is now even capable to play the 5 and 4 very successfully. This is something that Bosh can't and will never do. It will be something crazy completely if it ever happens. Lakers will give away a lot of size if they dare to trade Bynum for him.

xbrackattackx
07-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Moving the players you cite is much more complicated than you let on and the end result is likely to be more a decimation of a championship roster than an improvement:

First off, Brown cannot be included with Odom in a trade for Bosh [ even if the salaries were to match, which they likely would not ], since he is not currently under contract [ the player leaving a team via S & T has to be signed and traded away alone, not as a portion of a package swap; in your scenario, Bosh would be in compliance with that, but Shannon would not comply ] ... That problem could be solved, but only by making the deal 'bigger' and involving more men from both teams, in essence creating two simultaneous transactions, each of which much satisfy CBA restrictions as separate trades [ with me so far ... and do you still care ? ] ...

So what would something that could work look like ? The following would [ likely ] 'work' from a technical standpoint:

Transaction One: Bosh S & T [ 'max' contract ] for Odom, Vujacic, and Walton

Transaction Two: Jack or Banks for Brown S & T [ Early Bird rights, league average/min. two-year contract ]

Net Effect: Bosh and Jack or Banks for Odom, Vujacic, Walton, and Brown ...

That would leave the Laker roster at six men [ Artest, Banks or Jack, Bosh, Bryant, Bynum, and Gasol ] with lots of holes left to fill and even less $$$s with which to do it. Arguably, the team would be 'better' on the frontline, though not deeper there and probably less flexible overall ...

This is not a good idea ...
Would it be six?

I think it would be at eight..

Blake
Fisher
Jack
Bosh
Gasol
Bryant
Bynum
Artest

And then likely Powell/Mbenga to Min.

jonesyLakeShow
07-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Lets get david lee

Gasol/Haywood
Dav Lee/odom
Artest/Mcgrady
Kobe/Sasha
Blake/Fisher

evadatam5150
07-05-2010, 06:23 PM
The would have to give up Ariza, Scola, and either Battier or Lowry, but their starters would still look scary:

PG- Brooks
SG- Martin
SF- Battier/lowry
PF- Bosh
C- Yao

BUT Raptors have already stated that they wont do a S&T with Bosh so hopefully that stays true..

Seriously you think that line-up looks scary..?? LOL

I've seen a girl scout troop armed with cookies that honestly looked scarier.. WOW...!!! :facepalm:

gr824
07-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Would it be six?

Blake
Fisher
Jack
Bosh
Gasol
Bryant
Bynum
Artest

Actually, it would be seven once Blake signs, which should happen July 8, unless the Lakers try to do something fancy with that deal to 'save' their MLE [ whatever they could try, though, would probably be squelched by, or would nix, this proposed Toronto 'monstrosity' UNLESS they enlist Farmar in a S & T with the Clippers for Blake :facepalm: ] ...

Fisher is NOT under contract with the Lakers at the moment, so I did not include him ...

Powell and Mbenga might come back ... But, right at the moment, I suspect the Lakers are planning on soldiering on without them in the Three Peat ranks ...

numba1CHANGsta
07-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Seriously you think that line-up looks scary..?? LOL

I've seen a girl scout troop armed with cookies that honestly looked scarier.. WOW...!!! :facepalm:

Guess u couldnt see the sarcasm to the post i was replying to lol...would anyone seriously think they would be a "scary" team? maybe looks wise but talent wise? Nope, besides we dont know how Yao will bounce back after being out for more than a year and they wouldnt have a bence and our back court would own theirs defensively...no fear but like I said, it wont happen the Raptors arent going to do a s&t

lakers4sho
07-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Would it be six?

Blake
Fisher
Jack
Bosh
Gasol
Bryant
Bynum
Artest

logjam at the 1 spot if that happens with no backup SG or SF

Tree Rollins
07-05-2010, 08:03 PM
houston line will be
brooks-pg
ariza-sg
yao-center
bosh-forward
scola-forward

bench
martin
lowry
battier
patterson
jefries
taylor

With that type of length inside and the overall defensive intensity that the Rockets always bring, that roster could give the lakers some trouble.

Tree Rollins
07-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Lets get david lee

Gasol/Haywood
Dav Lee/odom
Artest/Mcgrady
Kobe/Sasha
Blake/Fisher

Lee wants almost max dollars. It wouldn't be worth it.

jonesyLakeShow
07-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Lee wants almost max dollars. It wouldn't be worth it.
Bynum is already max

gr824
07-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Bynum is already max

Bynum does not have a 'max' contract ...

JNA17
07-05-2010, 09:41 PM
not gonna happen and don't want it to happen

Avenged
07-05-2010, 10:10 PM
not gonna happen and don't want it to happen

I'm with you.

A lot of people seem to have had a change of heart overnight though.

ToLiveInDieInLA
07-05-2010, 10:14 PM
I guess im one of the few people that would do this trade: Am I the only one that has seen our team win back to back titles without Bynum doing that much? granted he did have a big game or two against the C's but overal wasn't much of a factor when he was chillin on the bench or in the locker room getting work done on his knee. I just think its funny that the kid who has NEVER stayed healthy for a season or postseason get so much love? did we forget that he knew that he had a small tear in that injured knee last June during the Lakers exit meetings???? he could've had that surgery done last summer and ready full strenght! he is overpaid, flatout! why not take the next best PF next to Gasol and put him next to Gasol? that duo would be better anyways, Bosh is a better passer and has more of a midrange game then Bynum. Plus Jarret Jack would most likely be in that deal and we could start him and have a great back up in Blake. Everyone talks about Bynum and his height and what he brings this team on defense. True, but how are you playing great defense when your injured?? I would take my chances on a 6'11 stud (better than Odom) type guy that would be in the game actually playing.....

lake100
07-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Not gonna happen. No way is it going to happen. Only can happen on 2k or NBA Live....there it can.:cool:

robdizzle3
07-05-2010, 11:59 PM
Man, if Bynum didnt get hurt often, he would'nt even be discussed, but we will never know if he's gonna be healthy throughout the season, because he never has. if Mitch did do a trade with Drew for Bosh, I wouldnt be that upset, because they have good reason. Plus his value is the highest its gonna be, because if he gets hurt again, he'll be very hard to trade.

BigGuy951
07-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Like someone said, not gonna happen, and i don't want it to happen.

Anilyzer
07-06-2010, 02:17 AM
I mean, ok, the people who are saying "never gonna happen" are probably right... it's unlikely.

But I think people are mixing up the arguments of why "it's never gonna happen" and why "it would be terrible for the Lakers if it did happen."

*jeez* We can admit to ourselves that it would be GREAT, amazingly great, if we did add Bosh to the Laker lineup. That would be awesome. People were having a cow about Odom re-signing last year, and Bosh would just be a HUGE addition to the team.

Yes, it's true, that it's not likely to happen, however it's not impossible... the key factor is whether Bosh wants to come to LA. If Bosh decided that he wants to be a Laker, wants to win a title, wants to be a big star in LA, then he could push to come here, and the Lakers could work some kind of S&T. It's not impossible.

ToLiveInDieInLA
07-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Does anyone remember the Espn report a few weeks ago saying he would only do a sign and trade with Bulls, Miami, New York, and Lakers. I do the Lakers have the best talent to give Toronto if that trade is going to happen. Who knows if the trade will happen or not? But you know it all posters don't know for sure.....these two teams talked last year about this and its reported that Phil is tired of Bynums injuries and LO showing up half the time.

Iceman_9
07-06-2010, 10:24 AM
we need a backup big, not another PF who cant play center. unless gasol can play the C the entire season.

Margie
07-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Brick Heads let this penatrate in your skulls Bynum is not going anywhere. Bosh is not a winner. What team has he lead to playoff victorys to warrent superstar status? Superstars teams win playoff and Championships.

Lakerfrk
07-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Brick Heads let this penatrate in your skulls Bynum is not going anywhere. Bosh is not a winner. What team has he lead to playoff victorys to warrent superstar status? Superstars teams win playoff and Championships.

Gasol pre-Lakers???

Raidaz4Life
07-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Gasol pre-Lakers???

I believe he was referring to Bosh:D

Anilyzer
07-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Yeah, Bosh was playing in Toronto, which is like the Siberia of the NBA. People who say he's not a "winner" or that he's "no good" or "not a good fit for the Lakers" or whatever are just flat out wrong. I mean in the Finals, we all saw the Lakers play a lineup at times with Gasol and Odom in the front court. If that was Gasol and Bosh -- *lights out*.

How'd you like to see Bosh skying over Garnett and all the Celtics to rip down rebounds, or tomahawking put-back slams right in Big Baby and Garnett's faces? Scoring from the baseline consistently and making shots from all over the floor? If the Celtics were doubling Kobe, we could toss the ball in to Bosh every play, OR can you imagine running the triangle when one side of the triangle has Gasol, Bosh and Artest, and the other side has KOBE, with a spot-up shooter like Sasha parked outside?

I mean everybody seems to play worse, or appear to play worse, in the triangle... it is like playing with a weight vest on or something. But pairing Bosh with Gasol in the triangle would be fantastic, and would open up more space for Gasol to maneuver. And Bosh, like Gasol (and completely unlike Odom) is a player that can take, and make, clutch shots at key points in the game, and who can score consistently throughout a game.

evadatam5150
07-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Guess u couldnt see the sarcasm to the post i was replying to lol...would anyone seriously think they would be a "scary" team? maybe looks wise but talent wise? Nope, besides we dont know how Yao will bounce back after being out for more than a year and they wouldnt have a bence and our back court would own theirs defensively...no fear but like I said, it wont happen the Raptors arent going to do a s&t

Yeah missed the sarcasm.. LOL

lakers4sho
07-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Lakers still in hunt for Bosh?

I guess not anymore.

Margie
07-07-2010, 10:08 AM
All you Bosh lovers we have a wagon to take you over to Miami it leaves tonight. Good Bye.

Iceman_9
07-07-2010, 10:11 AM
bye bosh! :D

Iron24th
07-07-2010, 11:26 AM
All you Bosh lovers we have a wagon to take you over to Miami it leaves tonight. Good Bye.

And I hope they all take the wagon.

Time to close this thread,finally.

Raidaz4Life
07-07-2010, 11:44 AM

Here come the fan police! Apparently you're not allowed to think that players outside of the Lakers could potentially make us better.:rolleyes: