PDA

View Full Version : Wade Could Sign With Bulls To Be Near His Kids

JDMVP
07-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Many people around the league still expect Dwyane Wade to return to Miami but the superstar free agent may feel compelled to sign with the Bulls in order to be near his children in Chicago.

"The one potential snag," writes Frank Isola of the New York Daily News, "is that Wade's former wife and children live in Chicago and Wade may feel he has no other choice but to return home."

Wade is originally from Chicago.

we should all respect his decision, wether he stays or not

http://******.com/src_wiretap_archives/67836/20100705/wade_could_sign_with_bulls_to_be_near_children/#

Raidaz4Life
07-05-2010, 08:56 AM
What a blow that would be for Miami

marlinsfan24
07-05-2010, 08:57 AM
I still don't expect him to leave

ldawg
07-05-2010, 09:17 AM
That makes two reasons why he should sign in Chicago and if he whats to go there he don't have to feel bad for Miami. Its Business they would do the same if a move made them more money. I am not Bias either I am neither a Bulls or Miami fan but I do think him and Bosh should sign with bulls. That would be a very good If not the best team behind Lakers. being from Chicago and have a family base there is just icing on the cake. Gab can always follow her man. But i don't think Lebron fit in this mix. Sorry Cavs but Nets is where Boozer and Lebron should reunite.

kntresistheheat
07-05-2010, 09:22 AM
He has one last court hearing in Chicago this month regarding his battle with the custody of his children, I am sure he is going to win and he takes his children where ever he decides to go.

magichatnumber9
07-05-2010, 09:40 AM
That title sounded really bad. :facepalm:

TheKing23
07-05-2010, 09:52 AM

:laugh2:

philab
07-05-2010, 10:00 AM
He has one last court hearing in Chicago this month regarding his battle with the custody of his children, I am sure he is going to win and he takes his children where ever he decides to go.

I have no knowledge on Wade's custody, but this surprises me ...

You think he's going to get FULL custody, with no visitations or anything? What has his ex-wife done that would prompt this?

h2r09
07-05-2010, 10:05 AM
wade told the AP literally in march that the kids decision will do nithing to alter his decision.

Custody is absolutely vital to Wade. But winning will shape the basketball decision. As his agent says, he can raise the kids anywhere.

Re: buzz about how custody case is a sudden factor for Wade. He and his agent told AP on 3/30 it wouldn't affect FA decision.

In short, no reason to overreact now, folks. This isn't a new issue.
This is all for the drama folks. He is not going anywhere, i guarentee you. Especially since he is in miami all week doing public appearences.

jimbobjarree
07-05-2010, 10:07 AM
his own children, or just children in general?

IAmKira
07-05-2010, 10:08 AM

P3do-Wade LOL!!

h2r09
07-05-2010, 10:10 AM
his own children, or just children in general?

both.

dstruong
07-05-2010, 10:13 AM
i thought wade said he wanted to stay the hell away from his crazy ex wife....

RipVW
07-05-2010, 10:28 AM

Why do Miami fans keep thinking its only about that? Theres a lot up in the air right now and the Bulls roster, as its currently constituted, is the safes bet when it comes to having a chance to win. If Chicago strikes out at FA, theyre still a good team. Thats not so much the case with Miami. And so, Wade probably doesnt want to end up a loser when the music stops.

The Jokemaker
07-05-2010, 11:19 AM
If he comes to Chicago and uses this as a main reason, what a cop out. It's rather genius though because it's harder for the fans to hate him if his main reason is that he wants to be with his kids.

effen5
07-05-2010, 11:34 AM
If he comes to Chicago and uses this as a main reason, what a cop out. It's rather genius though because it's harder for the fans to hate him if his main reason is that he wants to be with his kids.

Cop out how?? It is an absolute legit reason. Why not join the better team and be with your family.

The Raven
07-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Miami is screwed if he leaves. How would they even be able to recover from that. They might get someone though like Boozer per say but, even then that team just lost a superstar for an allstar. Not a fair one at that. Boozer isnt gettin them in the playoffs thats for sure.

Bulls on the other hand will be doin dances if he comes

Sadds The Gr8
07-05-2010, 11:49 AM
if he wanted to be near children wouldnt he have said this the first day of free agency and possibly even before that?

Aussy4GM
07-05-2010, 12:02 PM

Thats Not How It Works My Man, My Parents Are Split. And they just ont take children away from their mothers these days. Besides its not really a full custody fight. His Ex-Wife just wants full custody because she claims there kids have seen Wade and his girl Union setting it off more than once.even if he wins he will only have partial custody. the kind where both parents have equal time seeing the kids.

Wherever he goes I Still Like Wade Even as a bulls fan. But I do find it odd that the trial has been going on a while now and all of the sudden it has become and excuse to go to chicago. I Think he might realize the difference in rosters and is maybe using that as an excuse to make it easier on miami's FO and Fans rather than just saying he likes the bulls roster better. than again idk and Miami fans will probably trash me now so stating my opinion.

Raven19
07-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Cant wait till the Top FA finally sign with a team..

Raven19
07-05-2010, 12:15 PM
IMO, Bulls or Heat for D-wade... Just not seeing wade leaving miami unless its his hometown Chicago..

hugepatsfan
07-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Why do Miami fans keep thinking its only about that? Theres a lot up in the air right now and the Bulls roster, as its currently constituted, is the safes bet when it comes to having a chance to win. If Chicago strikes out at FA, theyre still a good team. Thats not so much the case with Miami. And so, Wade probably doesnt want to end up a loser when the music stops.

Would you still call him "Diane Wade" if he goes to CHI?

JJMONEY
07-05-2010, 12:16 PM
People forget to realize that his kids we raised her all their life. They have ponly been in Chicago for a year and half after the separation. Wade is coming to Miami.. Nuff said

Raidaz4Life
07-05-2010, 12:29 PM
People forget to realize that his kids we raised her all their life. They have ponly been in Chicago for a year and half after the separation. Wade is coming to Miami.. Nuff said

:confused:

justinnum1
07-05-2010, 12:32 PM
He's saying wade's kids have been living and going to school in miami, until there divorse thing began a year ago.

shep33
07-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Meh, I don't expect him to leave... IMO, and I may sound like a jerk here, but I think he's doing this for his little documentary on free agency. Aren't he and Bosh doing the same thing?

Anyways, it makes for more entertainment... deciding between one city or another, the personal factors, etc. I don't expect him to leave, don't understand why he would leave anyways, cause it looks like Bosh is going to follow him.

The Jokemaker
07-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Cop out how?? It is an absolute legit reason. Why not join the better team and be with your family.

I'm not saying he'd necessarily be doing it on purpose but it would essentially allow him to abandon a team to nothing without too much backlash from fans or media. Think Derrick Fisher gettin released by the Jazz so he could go to LA where he could get better treatment for his daughter.

Sly Guy
07-05-2010, 01:44 PM
just as delonte west could request a trade to wherever lebron signs to be near his mom? com'on, these rumors are rediculous!

IAmKira
07-05-2010, 04:09 PM

we're gonna have heats fan pulling a jazz on Fisher. Bringing in a judge and a women for divorce act when he comes back to miami

RaiderLakersA's
07-05-2010, 04:20 PM

Agreed. His ex-wife has been characterized as nothing short of a nutcase...by & large due to her own actions...so I don't see the courts giving her the kids.

But stranger things have happened. Who knows, maybe the judge is a Bulls fan with a vested interest in keeping Wade in Chi-Town. :)

King Koopa
07-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Hopefully Wade doesn't leave. I'll miss him if he does.

D Roses Bulls
07-05-2010, 04:37 PM

his children are 8 and 3, i remember being 8 and not wanting to leave my school and my friends. there grandmas are there including their whole extended family. its not that easy and women usually have more rights when it comes to children. so with that said, i dont think wade would take them out of the only environment they know and bring them to miami. being a father is more important then a city.

D Roses Bulls
07-05-2010, 04:37 PM
and I hope if he does leave, Miami understands and doesnt bash him cause he is trying to be a good father

Gibby23
07-05-2010, 04:39 PM
and I hope if he does leave, Miami understands and doesnt bash him cause he is trying to be a good father

lol.. They shouldn't bash the guy that got them their first championship.

DWills
07-05-2010, 04:40 PM
his children are 8 and 3, i remember being 8 and not wanting to leave my school and my friends. there grandmas are there including their whole extended family. its not that easy and women usually have more rights when it comes to children. so with that said, i dont think wade would take them out of the only environment they know and bring them to miami. being a father is more important then a city.

lol....do u know anything???? wades children lived in miami up until about a year ago.........lawlllllllllllllllllllllll

i feel so bad for the future of this country

D Roses Bulls
07-05-2010, 04:41 PM
lol.. They shouldn't bash the guy that got them their first championship.

exactly....... If it was lebron and he won the cavs a ring, they would be saying lebron did his job andhe just wants to go onto another city cause he is young and all that crap

redwhitenblue
07-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Agreed. His ex-wife has been characterized as nothing short of a nutcase...by & large due to her own actions...so I don't see the courts giving her the kids.

But stranger things have happened. Who knows, maybe the judge is a Bulls fan with a vested interest in keeping Wade in Chi-Town. :)
Courts don't take children away from their mothers in today's age without a specific reason. Daddy having more money isn't a legitimate reason.

And to those asking why we didn't hear about this until late, Wade just had a custody hearing the Friday before FA started, he could've been trying to get custody in that hearing and failed.

D Roses Bulls
lol....do u know anything???? wades children lived in miami up until about a year ago.........lawlllllllllllllllllllllll

ummmm they lived there part of the year and it was only for a few months when his mom came down there to help him. they are from CHICAGO and his mom isnt going to pick up and go to miami. she runs a church in chicago so........

ImNotNotorious

:laugh2: @ the Bulls fan telling others not to bash a player.

Wade is staying in MIA...so you can continue bashing him like you Bulls fans were doing before.

Melo > Wade remember...:facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
07-05-2010, 04:45 PM
:laugh2: @ the Bulls fan telling others not to bash a player.

Wade is staying in MIA...so you can continue bashing him like you Bulls fans were doing before.

Melo > Wade remember...:facepalm:

wow are we 12 years old here. you think every bulls fans represents everyone. did i say that? no!!!!! so get off that.

redwhitenblue
07-05-2010, 04:47 PM

Doesn't matter. Mother moved back to Chicago and brought the kids with her. They've been living there a year, which is more than long enough to establish residency in Illinois. If she brought the kids to Chicago at the start of the summer it could be different, but after a year in Chicago she will not be forced to relocate.

I'm not sure how anyone can see Wade winning a custody battle here. Wade is on the road half the year, is he going to bring his kids with him as they travel? Oh, he's going to leave them at home with other relatives? A judge is going to grant the mother custody (and surely, Wade will get his time-probably get most of the summer months with them).

DWills
07-05-2010, 04:48 PM
ummmm they lived there part of the year and it was only for a few months when his mom came down there to help him. they are from CHICAGO and his mom isnt going to pick up and go to miami.

enjoy boozer....

and wades kids just moved back to chicago a little over a year ago......but enjoy carlos.....he should complement ur roster well........:D

redwhitenblue
07-05-2010, 04:49 PM
enjoy boozer....

and wades kids just moved back to chicago a little over a year ago......but enjoy carlos.....he should complement ur roster well........:D
I'd love Boozer, so thanks. Sorry that you know so little about the law. A year is long time in the law's eyes. Long enough to establish full residency in that state-especially if they've already spent an entire year in the school system there.

chitown85
07-05-2010, 04:50 PM

It's not just about the children, Chicago is his hometown, and I think the King like's Chicago's supporting cast way better than Miami's. Miami isn't even in the conversation as far as he's concerned. If Lebron decides to reside in Chicago, then Wade's decision isn't just about the kids, his hometown, or any other personal specualtion, it is about winning. Lebron going to Chicago alone makes them an immediate beast in the east, and then add Wade, you have a team that gives other fans title hopes...pause. I do agree with the fact that he is pulling a Kobe, but ultimately if he goes anywhere Chicago is the likely landing spot. Even if the Bulls can't sign Lebron, Bosh is still in the mix and Wade and Bosh, with D. Rose and Noah already in place would be a beautiful thing. So if Bosh signs, expect the prospect of winning in Chicago being a very real thought going through Wade's head.

D Roses Bulls
07-05-2010, 04:50 PM
enjoy boozer....

no, they went back home a while ago from only living in miami for like 2 months. I guess since my fam has a vacation home in florida and we go there for a month or two out of they year that i move to florida for a month and move back, lol come on now

shizzle09
07-05-2010, 04:53 PM
just as delonte west could request a trade to wherever lebron signs to be near his mom? com'on, these rumors are rediculous!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

AddiX
07-05-2010, 04:54 PM
I wonder what the backup plan for the Heat is if they lose Wade.

That would be historically the most damaging loss a team in professional sports has ever felt.

The won't even have a roster anymore, and who will go there? Not only that but whatever non-max players are left will demand way over there value just because Heat have no choice.

Heat went from thinking they had a legit chance for 3 max FA's to possibly having an empty roster.

shizzle09
07-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Keep talking, the other Miami fans should be embarrassed by how dumb you sound.

Family court is completely about what is best for the children. Having dad out of state and out of the country for a large portion of the year, forcing them to relocate after establishing residency in IL and away from their mother is not what's best for the children.

true but people do get full custody and move to other states with their children. It does happen and in the case of a celebrity it most certainly can happen. Wade is seeking full custody for a reason, that chick is crazy. she has 9 different attorneys that can say the same. Having the crazy mother around isnt always a good thing. that said his comments certainly do make a Heat fan wonder. i just want this crap to be over.

shizzle09
07-05-2010, 04:58 PM

That would be historically the most damaging loss a team in professional sports has ever felt.

The won't even have a roster anymore, and who will go there? Not only that but whatever non-max players are left will demand way over there value just because Heat have no choice.

Heat went from thinking they had a legit chance for 3 max FA's to possibly having an empty roster.

back up plan involves me driving to the golden gate bridge and leaping into the abyss. the end

boolish
07-05-2010, 05:00 PM
I don't see it as a factor whatsoever. And I am a Bulls fan.

D Roses Bulls
true but people do get full custody and move to other states with their children. It does happen and in the case of a celebrity it most certainly can happen. Wade is seeking full custody for a reason, that chick is crazy. she has 9 different attorneys that can say the same. Having the crazy mother around isnt always a good thing. that said his comments certainly do make a Heat fan wonder. i just want this crap to be over.

well for one, I think the girl is upset, she is still in love with wade and wants to make him hurt like she hurt because he was cheating. love can make you do some F'ed up things. women have more rights when it come to children, i dont know if she'll win, but i think maybe wade is thinking that the children have gone through enough and maybe the children would be better off in chicago for stability. thats why i think he is really thinkin bout signing with the bulls

Bornknick73

I would have to strongly disagree about it being a cop out at all. Regardless of Bulls...Heat....FA....NBA....Winning....it all means nothing compared to your kids.

Im a father and I know some of you are too. If it came down to Team vs. Children. Children win everytime. What kind of man would he be if he turned away from being with his kids for the sake of his career? His D-Wade image will go in the toilet and his marketability amongst women will be the crap floating in it.

Now if your using COP OUT as being a good reason to leave then I guess, but if COP OUT is being used as just an excuse to avoid media backlash then thats a scumbag thing to do.

I dont care what he does in regards to his NBA career but I hope hes a better Father than that. Im not pulling for the Bulls but if his wife gets custody and stays in chicago then he should be in chicago. Boys need their father. And not a guy who lives 1500 miles away.

If shes gets custody then get ready for D-Wade in Chicago. If hes any kind of real man. And as far as crazy x-wives go, theres always fences, dogs, big guys with guns.

ManRam
I'm really losing patience with the senseless baiting between certain fan bases. Please, cut it out. If you don't have anything constructive to say, and aren't physically able to poke fun at other franchises/fan-bases, don't post. Consider that a last warning.

The amount of crap being posted in these threads is mind-blowing. Just stop baiting. It's not hard.

DWills
07-05-2010, 05:01 PM

there is no bu plan....riley will be run out of town and tbh i wouldnt want him picking the team if he were to lose the most sure thing on the fa market.....

that being said, wade leaving is about 100:1 against......this was all decided a few months ago and its not gonna change now....

redwhitenblue
Once the parent gets full custody, they can move whereever they want-BUT they have to make the children available for the other parent when it's their time. If you move out of state, the courts will likely expect you to get the kids back to visit the other parent.

As of now, Wade's primary residence is in Miami.

And many "celebrities" who win full custody are able to bring their children with them. Actors/producers aren't on the road as frequently as athletes. Wade can't charter the kids with the team, meaning they'd have to be home with a non-biological parent, which wouldn't be as high in the kid's interest as simply being with their mother.

And that's Wade's fault if the chick is a psycho *****. Many girls are, but unless he can get a doctor verifying that, it means nothing in court.

Jonathan2323
The Bulls getting Boozer isn't a bad think they will atleast make the playoffs 5-8 spot.

shizzle09
07-05-2010, 05:08 PM
well for one, I think the girl is upset, she is still in love with wade and wants to make him hurt like she hurt because he was cheating. love can make you do some F'ed up things. women have more rights when it come to children, i dont know if she'll win, but i think maybe wade is thinking that the children have gone through enough and maybe the children would be better off in chicago for stability. thats why i think he is really thinkin bout signing with the bulls

thats more than likely the case but i can tell you this. thousands and thousands of people's crimes and pyscho problems stem from situations like this. This is where it starts. She made things up and put it in the media like he gave her std's. He actually filed a lawsuit against her. She wouldnt let Wade see his kids on several occasions. She cant get along with her own attorneys at all. she is simply losing it and the real question is does D Wade think she is stable enough to be that much in the kids lives? She hasnt shown any signs of coming around as of late so why would he just thrust the kids back into those previous problems. I think Wade wins custody hands down and will have the ability to take them wherever he goes especially since the judge cant stand this girl either. Thats where the basketball part plays in, do the bulls have enough to sway him. they certainly do have nice pieces but is it enough to leave 30 million on the table? we shall see.

justinnum1
07-05-2010, 05:10 PM
The Bulls getting Boozer isn't a bad think they will atleast make the playoffs 5-8 spot.

Yea, boozer would be a great fit on the bulls.

mikantsass
07-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Lol does everything concerning the Bulls get a thread?

There should be one thread called "Post rediculous Bulls fantasies here" for all these garbage articles with garbage sources

shizzle09
07-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Once the parent gets full custody, they can move whereever they want-BUT they have to make the children available for the other parent when it's their time. If you move out of state, the courts will likely expect you to get the kids back to visit the other parent.

As of now, Wade's primary residence is in Miami.

And many "celebrities" who win full custody are able to bring their children with them. Actors/producers aren't on the road as frequently as athletes. Wade can't charter the kids with the team, meaning they'd have to be home with a non-biological parent, which wouldn't be as high in the kid's interest as simply being with their mother.

And that's Wade's fault if the chick is a psycho *****. Many girls are, but unless he can get a doctor verifying that, it means nothing in court.

you dont have to be deemed pyscho. Her actions alone show she isnt stable. How is it Wade's fault that she cannot control herself. So when a guy finds out his girl is banging some dude on the side and he goes off and kills her does the court says it's her fault she was cheating on him? The bottom line for the court is whats best for the kids and being with Wade full time is clearly the best option at this point. he will have the ability to take them to Miami where they were raised its just a matter of whether D wade wants to or not. Would you trust this girl at this point if you were wade?

redwhitenblue
07-05-2010, 05:19 PM
thats more than likely the case but i can tell you this. thousands and thousands of people's crimes and pyscho problems stem from situations like this. This is where it starts. She made things up and put it in the media like he gave her std's. He actually filed a lawsuit against her. She wouldnt let Wade see his kids on several occasions. She cant get along with her own attorneys at all. she is simply losing it and the real question is does D Wade think she is stable enough to be that much in the kids lives? She hasnt shown any signs of coming around as of late so why would he just thrust the kids back into those previous problems. I think Wade wins custody hands down and will have the ability to take them wherever he goes especially since the judge cant stand this girl either. Thats where the basketball part plays in, do the bulls have enough to sway him. they certainly do have nice pieces but is it enough to leave 30 million on the table? we shall see.
Whether the judge likes her doesn't matter.

All that matters is does she treat the children well and is it better to force the kids to move to Miami to live there without either parent for at least 1/4 of the year (when Wade is on the road)

I don't see a judge saying that's better for the kids.

redwhitenblue
07-05-2010, 05:20 PM
you dont have to be deemed pyscho. Her actions alone show she isnt stable. How is it Wade's fault that she cannot control herself. So when a guy finds out his girl is banging some dude on the side and he goes off and kills her does the court says it's her fault she was cheating on him? The bottom line for the court is whats best for the kids and being with Wade full time is clearly the best option at this point. he will have the ability to take them to Miami where they were raised its just a matter of whether D wade wants to or not. Would you trust this girl at this point if you were wade?
No, but it doesn't matter. And have these kids lived their entire lives in Miami, or just a portion? Furthermore, they wouldn't be with Wade full-time either way, as stated he is on the road so much. They'd be without either parent, which is NOT good for children.

shizzle09
07-05-2010, 05:20 PM

add Boozer to the Bulls and they are likely better than most teams in the east except the top 3. They would be legit.

redwhitenblue
07-05-2010, 05:23 PM
add Boozer to the Bulls and they are likely better than most teams in the east except the top 3. They would be legit.
Probably a 4-6 seed if healthy.

It's not a bad offseason for me if the Bulls only nab Boozer. Use the extra cap space to develop a full team instead of a top heavy one.

shizzle09
07-05-2010, 05:26 PM
No, but it doesn't matter. And have these kids lived their entire lives in Miami, or just a portion? Furthermore, they wouldn't be with Wade full-time either way, as stated he is on the road so much. They'd be without either parent, which is NOT good for children.

you aer correct but she certainly hasnt helped herself in this situation and thats where the judge needs to make the call. In my mind she would have to show she is again stable before i even think about giving the kids back to her on any level. Who knows what she could do with them, she could try and dissappear or worse. there are many other factors the judge needs to consider. chicks do some crazy things and she is certainly leaning towards the coocoo side.

shizzle09
07-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Probably a 4-6 seed if healthy.

It's not a bad offseason for me if the Bulls only nab Boozer. Use the extra cap space to develop a full team instead of a top heavy one.

if you got Boozer you would have room to fill out nicely. dont even want to think about how good you would be with Wade and or Bosh. please no. haha

ManRam
07-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Bulls with Boozer, assuming there is only one team of the bunch (NY, NJ, Miami, Cleveland) that really can contend next year (two at most), are a top 4 team. Orlando and perhaps Boston (Allen and health to be determined) are the only teams I'd take over them right now as is. I think a Boozer/Noah front court is a really good pair. They compliment each other's style of play very well.

FrenchSunsFan
07-05-2010, 05:28 PM
I m not sure Wade and Rose can play together .

magichatnumber9
07-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Would you still call him "Diane Wade" if he goes to CHI?That would be some bipolar **** right there

sleepercell3
07-05-2010, 05:31 PM

:laugh2:

effen5
07-05-2010, 05:34 PM
if you got Boozer you would have room to fill out nicely. dont even want to think about how good you would be with Wade and or Bosh. please no. haha

E is marrying that bro...

DeyAce
07-05-2010, 05:40 PM

uh oh somebody is getting scared

DeyAce
07-05-2010, 05:55 PM
I m not sure Wade and Rose can play together .

They can

rufo4100
07-05-2010, 06:07 PM
I still expect Wade back in Miami. I think he is just doing his homework.

zambo4president
07-05-2010, 06:29 PM
I've fully expected him to come to Chicago for awhile now. Better team, hometown, kids live in Chicago, Wade literally has NO reason to go back to Miami and EVERY reason to come to Chiacgo. Time to come home Dwayne.

zambo4president
07-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Wade to a max, Booz would get a fat contract but not a max, money left for Mike Miller coming off the bench. I prefer that over Bosh.

NewSoxDynasty
07-05-2010, 06:47 PM

I do think it's the main reason. Wade loves the fans and organization in Miami, but only a selfish person would love an organization and their fans more than their own children. The kids live there... have friends there... have family there. Dwayne's mom pastor's a church there. He has countless long time friends and relatives there. He can keep his kids in the same school and offer them more stability by switching jersies than he can by taking them to Miami. His mother could watch the kids when he goes on the road and when he plays home games... they would be in the stands watching their dad play and he would be able to father his children much more in person. Every father wants to be with his kids. It doesn't matter how much money he makes... how good or bad his marriage is... a father's joy is being with his children and knowing that they are happy and doing well.

Miami fans have to understand... as do Pat Riley and Alonzo Mourning... family comes first. Why else would Pat Riley stop selling free agents on the idea of playing with Dwayne Wade? He stopped mentioning Wade... probably bedcause he realizes the nature of the family situation Dwayne is currently in.

If Miami fans feel the least bit betrayed by Dwayne Wade because he ends up choosing his children's well-being over the well-being of the Miami Heat organization, then shame on them. I don't think that will be the case however. I think Miami fans understand that anyone, not just Dwayne Wade, who has to choose between their job and their kids is making the right decision by choosing their kids... no matter how great their job is.

AddiX
07-05-2010, 06:55 PM
there is no bu plan....riley will be run out of town and tbh i wouldnt want him picking the team if he were to lose the most sure thing on the fa market.....

that being said, wade leaving is about 100:1 against......this was all decided a few months ago and its not gonna change now....

No offense, I'm actually curious as to where all the confidence is he will stay? If Wade doesn't get Bosh or Amare which it looks like he won't, will he hang around?

I don't really see why a lot of Heat fans think he's such a lock to stay especially with the recent developments.

RIPSweetness34
07-05-2010, 07:09 PM

That's what you are praying for. We have been telling you guys all along, instead of thinking u were gonna get all 3 you should worry about getting Wade back. What kind of Dad would take his kids 1500 miles from their mother? Something to seriously consider, even if him and his wife ended poorly you don't want ur kids to be without their mother.

DWills
07-05-2010, 07:54 PM
No offense, I'm actually curious as to where all the confidence is he will stay? If Wade doesn't get Bosh or Amare which it looks like he won't, will he hang around?

I don't really see why a lot of Heat fans think he's such a lock to stay especially with the recent developments.

lol.....what recent developments????? dwade jerkin bulls fans off??

That's what you are praying for. We have been telling you guys all along, instead of thinking u were gonna get all 3 you should worry about getting Wade back. What kind of Dad would take his kids 1500 miles from their mother? Something to seriously consider, even if him and his wife ended poorly you don't want ur kids to be without their mother.

lmao...i realize his little show this week has given bull's fans hope, but if u really believe this is about his kids, lol...look, as much as we may love dwyane on the court, off the court he is a DIVA....nobody was talkin about him cause hes said all along that he wants to stay in miami...as much as he may claim that he and lebron are friends, dont kid yourself, he believes he is on par with, or better than kobe and lebron and doesn't like it when he's left out of that conversation....the bulls asked for a 2nd meeting and he saw the opportunity....he knew exactly what would happen if he took a 2nd meeting....

dwyane was never going anywhere other than back to Miami

chitownbulls
07-05-2010, 08:00 PM
I do think it's the main reason. Wade loves the fans and organization in Miami, but only a selfish person would love an organization and their fans more than their own children. The kids live there... have friends there... have family there. Dwayne's mom pastor's a church there. He has countless long time friends and relatives there. He can keep his kids in the same school and offer them more stability by switching jersies than he can by taking them to Miami. His mother could watch the kids when he goes on the road and when he plays home games... they would be in the stands watching their dad play and he would be able to father his children much more in person. Every father wants to be with his kids. It doesn't matter how much money he makes... how good or bad his marriage is... a father's joy is being with his children and knowing that they are happy and doing well.

Miami fans have to understand... as do Pat Riley and Alonzo Mourning... family comes first. Why else would Pat Riley stop selling free agents on the idea of playing with Dwayne Wade? He stopped mentioning Wade... probably bedcause he realizes the nature of the family situation Dwayne is currently in.

If Miami fans feel the least bit betrayed by Dwayne Wade because he ends up choosing his children's well-being over the well-being of the Miami Heat organization, then shame on them. I don't think that will be the case however. I think Miami fans understand that anyone, not just Dwayne Wade, who has to choose between their job and their kids is making the right decision by choosing their kids... no matter how great their job is.

This. If I were him, I wouldn't really give a damn which team I go to. As long as I get some good money, and my kids are happy. We both know whichever team Wade chooses to go on, they are going to do well so that won't be a problem. IMO the main factor right now is his family.

DWills
07-05-2010, 08:10 PM
^^^^^

lmao.....so according to both of ur logic, if he chooses to stay in miami, he doesn't care about his kids' well-being?????

yea.....this is pointless.....

JayHunter
07-05-2010, 08:15 PM
If the Heat dont make a move trying to better their roster within a couple days, I definitely see Wad signing with the bulls

Silent
07-05-2010, 08:20 PM
did u realize wade is a package deal if he comes back to chi he brings his gorgeous girlfriend with him Gabrielle Union:drool::drool::drool:

chitownbulls
07-05-2010, 08:39 PM
^^^^^

lmao.....so according to both of ur logic, if he chooses to stay in miami, he doesn't care about his kids' well-being?????

umm I never said that. Its depends on what he thinks is best for his kid. Someone on this thread already stated that his kids have lived in Miami in the past. So its really if he feels they would be better over there, or in chicago. Again I think he should do whats best for his familiy and kids. And whatever that is, is his decision to make

J_M_B
07-05-2010, 08:57 PM

You really know what your talking about my friend.. :rolleyes:

Wade's kids have been living in Miami. They recently were moved to Chicago about a year ago.

Dwyane Wade isn't going anywhere.

Yeah, Wade has had two meetings with the Bulls, but for all we know he's being Riley's little spy. Maybe he's just simply wasting their time to give Riley more time to lure other top free agents.

I don't see him walking away from $30 million.

We'll all find out his decision soon, but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I was the Bulls..

J_M_B
07-05-2010, 09:03 PM

What recent developments?

We have known about his custody battle, what developments are you talking about?

J_M_B
07-05-2010, 09:25 PM
I've fully expected him to come to Chicago for awhile now. Better team, hometown, kids live in Chicago, Wade literally has NO reason to go back to Miami and EVERY reason to come to Chiacgo. Time to come home Dwayne.

No reason stay in Miami? Really?

Everybody talks about Chicago being his hometown, but his home is Miami. He's been here for almost 8 years. Wade is very involved in the community. He visits hospitals, schools, runs basketball programs, etc. D-wade always goes above and beyond to help this community.

He is the heart and soul of Dade county, which is referred by many as Wade county.

He is sports in Miami. This is his city. This is Wade's home NOW.

His kids have lived in Miami, they recently were moved to Chicago when the custody battle began. So they are very familiar with this environment.

You say Chicago has the better roster? Well at the moment they do, but that can very well change. What if Miami adds Bosh to go along with Wade? What if Riley is able to snatch some quality role players like Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, or Luke Ridnour?

It's your opinion, but a starting five of Haywood, Bosh, Miller, Wade, Ridnour - looks like a team that can contend for a title.

Aussy4GM
07-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Lol does everything concerning the Bulls get a thread?

There should be one thread called "Post rediculous Bulls fantasies here" for all these garbage articles with garbage sources

No Every Free Agent Is Linked To The Bulls & It Seems To Me The Bulls Fans Care Much More Than Other Teams because it shows in the number of bulls fans on the forum daily. we are committed to our team and of course we have fantasies. like the celtics fans who had fantasies of winning a title this year. or fantasies that Kevin Garnett is still a top player in the NBA. And as for the heat fans. 50 of them showed to see the beloved D-Wade today and all 50 of them showed at the wrong terminal. Awesome. You guys are great. I Could care less if all we got is boozer because if all miami gets is wade back assuming boozer comes to chi, LBJ goes home, Bosh goes to Houston, lee goes to GS in a S+T for Monta Ellis. Then you miami fans have Chalmers,Beasley, & Wade :clap::facepalm:

AddiX
07-05-2010, 09:30 PM
No reason stay in Miami? Really?

It's your opinion, but a starting five of Haywood, Bosh, Miller, Wade, Ridnour - looks like a team that can contend for a title.

Considering you have none of them you have a long way to go.

HiphopRelated
07-05-2010, 09:32 PM
He's seeking full custody

Miami gives them a fresh start.

There are several angles to every quote.

J_M_B
07-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Considering you have none of them you have a long way to go.

All I always saying was there is a possibilty that Miami can have a contending roster, which isn't unrealistic.

I was just putting names out there, never said Miami was going to land any of them.

Aussy4GM
07-05-2010, 10:06 PM
He's seeking full custody

Miami gives them a fresh start.

There are several angles to every quote.

He Wont Win Full Custody Im Sorry. and its not because im a bulls fan. Lets be realistic here. How can a guy Who is on the road 1/2 the year take care of 2 kids. These days judges dont take kids away from their mothers especially if its several states away. They will have joined custody. and IF his Ex-Wife is going to stay in Chicago. It would be much easier on the Kids to have their dad in chicago with them where he can see them when he is home rather than being without them for several months. Im sorry But thats just the way it is no matter what way all 50 of the heat fans think.

I say all 50 heat fans because....well thats how many people showed up to the wrong terminal today to see wade.:clap:... no literally 50 people. and that includes some of the teams employees.:facepalm:

HiphopRelated
07-06-2010, 12:00 AM
He Wont Win Full Custody Im Sorry. and its not because im a bulls fan. Lets be realistic here. How can a guy Who is on the road 1/2 the year take care of 2 kids. These days judges dont take kids away from their mothers especially if its several states away. They will have joined custody. and IF his Ex-Wife is going to stay in Chicago. It would be much easier on the Kids to have their dad in chicago with them where he can see them when he is home rather than being without them for several months. Im sorry But thats just the way it is no matter what way all 50 of the heat fans think.

I say all 50 heat fans because....well thats how many people showed up to the wrong terminal today to see wade.:clap:... no literally 50 people. and that includes some of the teams employees.:facepalm:
lol, firstly people are employed you know and the Heat PR just cobbled together some info the night before. lol @ thinking hundreds or thousands of people are going to turn up somewhere on short notice. You have no life if you're doing that..sorry. So that goes for those 50 and you if you would have been out there flag waving. It wasn't some planned event.

Secondly how did he end up with temp custody in the 1st place? His wife hasn't exactly shown herself to the courts to be a picture of stability. Arrangements can be made.The stuff Wade was saying about his future is what he said about the HEAT before FA.

blams
07-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Yeah, people have jobs.

tr4shb0t
07-06-2010, 12:43 AM
rings > kids

right?

effen5
07-06-2010, 12:52 AM
rings > kids

right?

only to heat fans

NewSoxDynasty
07-06-2010, 01:14 AM
^^^^^

No... I didn't say that. What I'm saying is, imo, he will see chicago as the best place for him to play because of the custody battle. He wants his children to have stability. Regardless of where they used to live... the situation is completely different now because of where their mother lives. Joint custody gets complicated if the parents live 12 states away. It's rare that the court would grant full custody, which is what Dwayne is seeking. Children need both parents regardless of how bitter a divorce can become. Even if this woman is crazy, which is what I'm hearing... D-Wade knows how much his sons love her and I'm sure understands how important it is that they have a relationship with her, regardless of how difficult things have become between the two of them. He's more likely to get full custody if he's in closer proximity to the mother with strong family ties around to offer support. As I said before. Having their grandmother (Dwayne's mom) who is a pastor, close by to watch them and spend time with them helps. He has other family in the area. These kids will be healthier emotionally with a strong family presence around them. He will get to see his mother more, and his children will get to spend more time with grandma. For the first 12 years of my life my grandmother lived in another state. When she and my grandfather moved to the same town I'm from, I had the chance to start developing a relationship with both of them. I'm thankful now, because I had some wonderful memories spending time with them for several years. We were very close from that time until they died. Family matters. D-Wade knows family matters. Trust me... he wants to be home... and home is where his family is. It doesn't mean he doesn't care about the Heat, the city of Miami, or the fans... it just means he cares about his family more.

This isn't Latrell Spreewell saying he's got a family to feed. This is a man... a father... saying he's got a family to raise. I respect whatever decision he makes and trust it will be the right one for his family. I hope it's chicago. I believe it will be.

hugepatsfan
07-06-2010, 03:49 AM
No Every Free Agent Is Linked To The Bulls & It Seems To Me The Bulls Fans Care Much More Than Other Teams because it shows in the number of bulls fans on the forum daily. we are committed to our team and of course we have fantasies. like the celtics fans who had fantasies of winning a title this year. or fantasies that Kevin Garnett is still a top player in the NBA. And as for the heat fans. 50 of them showed to see the beloved D-Wade today and all 50 of them showed at the wrong terminal. Awesome. You guys are great. I Could care less if all we got is boozer because if all miami gets is wade back assuming boozer comes to chi, LBJ goes home, Bosh goes to Houston, lee goes to GS in a S+T for Monta Ellis. Then you miami fans have Chalmers,Beasley, & Wade :clap::facepalm:

Fantasy? We lost by 4 in Game 7 of the Finals. I wouldn't say that winning a title was an outragous fantasy. And I have not seen any Celtic fans call KG a top player. Now, he's not garbage like a lot of haters think. A this point, he's just a role player. He still leads on defense and puts people where they need to be, despite his declining physical skills. On offense, he is really just a pick and pop player, where he is still pretty effective.

I loved the way you just threw in a few shots at the Celtics when they were totally unecessary. It really just shows what a petty and immature poster you are.

chitown 4 life
07-06-2010, 04:08 AM
wade in his mind prolly wanted to stay in miami but after meeting with the bulls and growing up a bulls fan that may have changed. if he was 100% staying he should be signed so they could us him to get more player...

robdizzle3
07-06-2010, 04:37 AM
Wade did say in that short interview in his car, taht he would do what's best for his family and you'd have to think that staying in Chicago is a big time decision for him. if he doesnt come back to the Heat, Miami will be screwed IMO.

Cbast09
07-06-2010, 04:39 AM
This thread has turned into the lets hate on the Heat thread.

People chill out. Wade is not going anywhere.

robdizzle3
07-06-2010, 04:44 AM
This thread has turned into the lets hate on the Heat thread.

People chill out. Wade is not going anywhere.

I dont think they're hating on the Heat, but everybody is looking at the possiblity, if Wade doesnt sign with them. All the allure of playing in Miami would be weakened and they would have to makeshift a lineup.

JSK
07-06-2010, 04:45 AM
Regardless of the "where will he go debate" here is something to think about as far as the kids.

Nearly every state in the union heavily favors the mother in custody cases, even if she is the lesser "model citizen". To top it off you basically have to be a complete f-up, jailbird, mental wackjob, etc, to not get partial custody or at least visitations as a mother.

The odds of Wade getting full custody are probably pretty slim, more likely so if he is taking them hours and hours away.

robdizzle3
07-06-2010, 04:48 AM
Regardless of the "where will he go debate" here is something to think about as far as the kids.

Nearly every state in the union heavily favors the mother in custody cases, even if she is the lesser "model citizen". To top it off you basically have to be a complete f-up, jailbird, mental wackjob, etc, to not get partial custody or at least visitations as a mother.

The odds of Wade getting full custody are probably pretty slim, more likely so if he is taking them hours and hours away.

Especially since he'll be playing all those games and going on the road much. That's a big reason why there's a good chance he wont get full custody.

Cbast09
07-06-2010, 04:49 AM
I dont think they're hating on the Heat, but everybody is looking at the possiblity, if Wade doesnt sign with them. All the allure of playing in Miami would be weakened and they would have to makeshift a lineup.
No but it seems everyone wants and expects Chicago to succeed and get all the best players and they want Miami to ultimately fail. That's probably because we're rivals with the Bulls and Knicks. Why does everyone want Wade to leave so badly?

Everyone is going to be biased in their opinions of where a player is going. We will just have to wait and see.

RipVW
07-06-2010, 04:50 AM
Wade did say in that short interview in his car, taht he would do what's best for his family and you'd have to think that staying in Chicago is a big time decision for him. if he doesnt come back to the Heat, Miami will be screwed IMO.

If he goes back to Miami, Wade could be screwed. As long as Toronto isnt accepting Bosh, Wade really has a lot to think about where having a chance to win is concerned too.

Cbast09
07-06-2010, 04:51 AM
If he goes back to Miami, Wade could be screwed. As long as Toronto isnt accepting Bosh, Wade really has a lot to think about where having a chance to win is concerned too.
Why would he be screwed?

RipVW
07-06-2010, 04:53 AM
Why would he be screwed?

Their roster is a big question mark. In Chicago, you arlready have a PG and Center in place along with other productive players.

robdizzle3
07-06-2010, 04:57 AM
No but it seems everyone wants and expects Chicago to succeed and get all the best players and they want Miami to ultimately fail. That's probably because we're rivals with the Bulls and Knicks. Why does everyone want Wade to leave so badly?

Everyone is going to be biased in their opinions of where a player is going. We will just have to wait and see.

Yeah, there is alot of that going around. I hope the Heat turn it around, because I actually like Wade, cant stand Lebron and some obnoxious Knicks fans, not all, but the bandwagon ones piss me off like a Golden Shower lol.

Cbast09
07-06-2010, 04:57 AM
Their roster is a big question mark. In Chicago, you arlready have a PG and Center in place along with other productive players.
When another player signs here like Boozer or Bosh, Wade will resign with the Heat. There are over 150 FA's out there to build a contender. They have the cap space to build a contender. Wade took a good solid team to a championship. This year he should have a great team around him. There's a slight chance Miami loses in FA, but I doubt they come out empty handed.

RipVW
07-06-2010, 05:01 AM
When another player signs here like Boozer or Bosh, Wade will resign with the Heat. There are over 150 FA's out there to build a contender. They have the cap space to build a contender. Wade took a good solid team to a championship. This year he should have a great team around him. There's a slight chance Miami loses in FA, but I doubt they come empty handed.

I know you feel that way. And its easy to say that but Bosh has to go to Miami first. Currently Beasley and 30 million dollars are preventing it. The thing is, besides Beasley, you really dont have anything on your roster to make it work. I guess something could happen for Bosh to go there but at this point, that seems unlikely. Im not sure if Boozer carries the same cache...and also, Im not so sure Chicago's situation isnt still more attractive than with Boozer. Its hard to know though. It comes down to pure preference from Wade though...but since he and Bosh are buddies, it seems like he improved your chances with Wade.

Cbast09
07-06-2010, 05:06 AM
I know you feel that way. And its easy to say that but Bosh has to go to Miami first. Currently Beasley and 30 million dollars are preventing it. The thing is, besides Beasley, you really dont have anything on your roster to make it work. I guess something could happen for Bosh to go there but at this point, that seems unlikely. Im not sure if Boozer carries the same cache...and also, Im not so sure Chicago's situation isnt still more attractive than with Boozer. Its hard to know though. It comes down to pure preference from Wade though...but since he and Bosh are buddies, it seems like he improved your chances with Wade.
Well yeah there's still a chance we lose out on FA, but we most likely won't. A lot of weird things have been going on down here in Miami. Heat fans are worried and excited at the same time because we have no clue what's going on lol. Riley definitely has a plan in place. Nobody but he and the Heat know what it is.

_Supreme_
07-06-2010, 06:53 AM
I just read that Wade has been telling the teams he spoke with that the domestic issues (aka the kids) are not a deal breaker, leading them to believe that all the media talk about him wanting to be near his kids is very overblown.

redwhitenblue
07-06-2010, 07:13 AM
I just read that Wade has been telling the teams he spoke with that the domestic issues (aka the kids) are not a deal breaker, leading them to believe that all the media talk about him wanting to be near his kids is very overblown.
I don't think it's a deal-breaker at all. That doesn't mean it's unimportant. I still think it has an impact (but I don't think it's anything set-in-stone because of it).

Again, it still wouldn't surprise me at all to see Wade and Lebron resign on Thursday.

fishfan79
07-06-2010, 07:16 AM
or he could bring the kids to miami and be away from the crazy ex-wife

makes more sense for miami instead, specially 30 million more sense.

REALLYYYYY?
07-06-2010, 07:36 AM

...i don't think everyone necessarily wants and expects chicago to succeed while miami fails... i think the bulls just have a better team...so people say that it makes more sense for FAs to go there...

_Supreme_
07-06-2010, 07:40 AM
or he could bring the kids to miami and be away from the crazy ex-wife

makes more sense for miami instead, specially 30 million more sense.

I haven't been following what the deal is with his ex-wife (she could be completely cuckoo), but usually it is very hard for a father to win custody unless there are specific issues with the mother. Especially when the father is away from home a lot.

So Idk about that. The custody case is the 19th if I'm correct, and Wade will have to have decided way before that date.

Mr. Baller
07-06-2010, 07:48 AM
The women is a whackjob, and Wade wants a psychologist to see if she is sure she could raise a family.

Wade will resign with the Heat, he will get custody of the kids, and even if he gets joint he could still stay with the Heat, because it would most likely be she gets the kids during season, and Wade gets them during offseason. Therefore it would be irrevelant for him to go there for his kids if he has them only during the offseason, and he will come to Miami along with Bosh.