PDA

View Full Version : Nice bunt Edwin.

GrumpyOldMan
07-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Okay, bunts get botched all the time, but you bunted into a double play because you didn't have the common sense to run. I have never sworn on this site and hopefully never will, but this has me upset.
I hope EE gets sent to the minors again or just released. What a waste of talent. He has all the tools but no toolbox.
I'm sorry, just had to vent to people who hopefully understand. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

D-Train#35
07-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Send him back down!

jsumadchat
07-04-2010, 08:44 PM
yeah.... he totally just stood in the box and watched the play develop... whatta douche

marcre
07-04-2010, 08:44 PM
I feel your pain, but it's not just him. Too many players do that stuff.

Twitchy
07-04-2010, 11:17 PM
It's also a good example of why you need to put your players in a situation where they can succeed. EE doesn't have a lot of experience bunting, and while he's struggled a lot, asking him to bunt is why we got into that mess. Even if he just pops up, you still have runners on and 1 out which means Overbay isn't as likely to get pitched around.

He should have run, no question. But I think it's a problem that could and should have been avoided by letting him swing, since he just doesn't have the skillset to successfully pull off a bunt.

JaysFan87
07-05-2010, 01:23 AM
I get that u need to put players in the position to succeed. But bunting is a fundamental part of baseball. I don't see why a pro baseball player cant lay a down a simple bunt.

broncosfan_101
07-05-2010, 01:56 AM
It's also a good example of why you need to put your players in a situation where they can succeed. EE doesn't have a lot of experience bunting, and while he's struggled a lot, asking him to bunt is why we got into that mess. Even if he just pops up, you still have runners on and 1 out which means Overbay isn't as likely to get pitched around.

He should have run, no question. But I think it's a problem that could and should have been avoided by letting him swing, since he just doesn't have the skillset to successfully pull off a bunt.

This.

1hardcore
07-05-2010, 01:58 AM
This is thing where they havent bunted that much.....better work on it!!!

boilerguy2412
07-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Nope sorry Cito, you brought Edwin back up because your team stoped hitting homers and was having diffucult times driving runnners in, at least that's what we were told. So why have him bunt. He's a homerun threat let him swing with runners in scoring position. EE hardly ever grounds out, it's either a strikeout or a flyout in which case maybe Overbay could move up anyway.

BlueJayCarter
07-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Agreed. You do not play small ball with a home run threat. That is for a Johnny Mac, Dewayne Wise, or even (Fred Lewis) with his speed.

I hope Edwin is traded for money or something by the deadline. He does not have the attitude to be on this team, or any team that is trying to rebuild.

heusy_79
07-05-2010, 12:18 PM
I have three letters to describe Edwin....DFA. Do it now! That at bat last night was pitiful, a five year old ball player knows to at least half-*** run as soon as the ball touches your bat, whether you think its foul or not.

wamco
07-05-2010, 01:00 PM
I also wondered why EE would be bunting