PDA

View Full Version : Lakers interest in Matt Barnes is real?

kmorton06
07-04-2010, 05:38 PM
There's a rumor that Matt Barnes wants to play for the Lakers. He never gets brought up in free agent discussions. He plays good defense at the 2 or the 3 and his salary last year was only 1.6 mil which means he might fit nicely into the remaining MLE slot after signing Blake.

His career 3 point % is only 32%, but Ron Artest only shoots about 34% for his career.

albertc86
07-04-2010, 05:50 PM
I like it. He doesn't back away from anyone as we've seen with him and Kobe and Lamar. Good defender and a solid shooter.

BigGuy951
07-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Uhhh the guy that tried to scare Kobe and failed????

NFLNBA
07-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Would love Barnes! Plays with heart and is a good defender and pretty good spot shooter is def better then anyone else on our bench last year besides odom

New Power House
07-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Would love Barnes! Plays with heart and is a good defender and pretty good spot shooter is def better then anyone else on our bench last year besides odom

Barnes,Fish signing and the addition of either Mbenga or another decent veteran center.WIll bring a close to the Lakers free agency hiring. He can play the 3 or the 2 position. Now Sasha can play the 2 and the 1. I hope it is more than a rumor. This guy will help Ebanks to slowly develop at the three. I will pray for Puke to either retire or be traded. It will be a season to remember. Phil make this team to dominate. Great balance in all of the positions!

Philly 4 Life
07-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Even tho i am from philly i am a lakers fan as well (they are my 2nd fav team besides my sixers), i would love this signing, he would be a great defender for us off the bench and he brings toughness and that swagger to the bench and will stick the other teams best guy on the floor.

New Power House
07-04-2010, 06:09 PM

Odom? He is the King of inconsistency getting 7 or so mill a year?:mad: Artest makes like two less and he is money! Odom and Puke's contract for two decent role players at those positions plus picks.

New Power House
07-04-2010, 06:11 PM
There's a rumor that Matt Barnes wants to play for the Lakers. He never gets brought up in free agent discussions. He plays good defense at the 2 or the 3 and his salary last year was only 1.6 mil which means he might fit nicely into the remaining MLE slot after signing Blake.

His career 3 point % is only 32%, but Ron Artest only shoots about 34% for his career.

Also, remember that a lot of player's agents used this trick to make other teams to sign them for more just to get them away from us.:rolleyes:

ManRam
07-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Barnes is a great addition to any team. In response to BigGuys' post, Matt Barnes did go at it with Kobe, and I think visibly got under his skin. Kobe retaliated, which is very un-Kobe like. Barnes also was huge at the end of that game, causing Kobe to miss some big shots, and we came out with the win.

Barnes is an upgrade for any team he'll play for. He gives 100% effort 100% of the time, he defends amazingly well, he gets after the rebounds as good as any SF in the league and he's just a fierce competitor.

He wants to play for a winning team, but keep in mind the fact that he's never made more than 2 million dollars a season. He wants to play for a winner, but if there is any player in the league who should be chasing money, it's him. You guys have used up 4 million of your MLE- and I'd like to think he can make more than the 1.5 million that's remaining...

Hunter48MVP
07-04-2010, 06:28 PM
I would rather have Tracy McGrady instead of Matt Barnes.

KillaInstinct24
07-04-2010, 06:40 PM
barnes is garbage hiding behind human flesh

myqntab
07-04-2010, 06:43 PM
barnes will drain our mojo...he looks good on the surface with his hustle, but will choke in the end....no thank you

kmorton06
07-04-2010, 06:45 PM
I would rather have Tracy McGrady instead of Matt Barnes.

I think T Mac has more upside, but

1. He is injury prone
2. He might be able to make more than about the 1.8 mil that we have left on the MLE

That said, I would prefer T MAC, but I think Matt Barnes is a good 2nd choice... younger and preferred to Raja Bell in my opinion.

New Power House
07-04-2010, 06:47 PM
He is way better than Morrison and Puke together. He can play backing up Kobe also. He is not a starter but at times he can cover for either kobe or Artest. He will sign for the minimum for a year and earn a better contract for the rest of his carrier. He is a good piece for the lakers to be close to seal a very good hunting free agency for the summer. If he signs the Lakers just need to sign Fish and one big to go and enjoy the rest of the summer! T Mac is going to miss the bus just like Miller the greedy boy!

ohdouger
07-04-2010, 07:01 PM
This works for me. Especially considering he is not a high salary guy. Get er done Mitch, and then sign Fish. Mbenga comes back, and we will see you in the fall on our way back to the finals.

lakers4sho
07-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Everyone wants to play for the Lakers :shrug:

shep33
07-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Probably too expensive for us... how could we afford him? He could probably get more cash out there then with us, that being said, I like his game.

He'd be an excellent fit I think.

New Power House
07-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Probably too expensive for us... how could we afford him? He could probably get more cash out there then with us, that being said, I like his game.

He'd be an excellent fit I think.

He has not make more than 2 a year for his entire NBA carrier! He will be willing to sign for a year and show that he deserves more when Puke's or Sahsa's contract expire. Puke next year is going to be tested and if he is not able to perform again due to his back he might just decides to retire. I just hope!:facepalm:

nanablvd
07-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Barnes is one of the guys at his position most willing to go for the boards and hustle in the paint. Not a very good shooter but still a very very good back up wing if the Lakers can get him at less than 2million

THINKBLUE15
07-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Barnes is a thug. No thanks.

kobebabe
07-04-2010, 08:09 PM
matt barnes would be a great addition. However, i would rather have A. Morrow and have someone teach him some defense

still1ballin
07-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Rather have Tmac

Barnes is a punk. I do not like the guy

Reclaim
07-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Barnes is not coming. He'll surely want more than what the Lakers have to offer.

still1ballin
07-04-2010, 09:00 PM
I'd offer him a slap in the face

New Power House
07-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Rather have Tmac

Barnes is a punk. I do not like the guy

T Mac is done. But if he is willing to come for a year and show the Lakers that he still has it then fine with me.Otherwise, Matt is a decent bench player that can help Artest and Kobe at times. :D

plpfctn
07-04-2010, 09:36 PM
barnes, who's a punk, got smacked around by paul pierce in the east finals. but i'll take him for the absolute minimum. he can't be any worse than walton right?

numba1CHANGsta
07-04-2010, 09:48 PM
No thanks, id rather have Morrow, Tmac, JJ-Red, Bell, Korver, Outlaw

lakers4sho
07-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Barnes is a thug. No thanks.

Same argued that same reason against the Ron Artest signing. See how that turned out.

That being said, didn't Barnes opt out for a bigger payday?

myqntab
07-04-2010, 10:14 PM
i would rather have the ballboy than barnes.....he hustles because that is the only way he can stay in the league.....he has NO value to us and will only draw a negative to our chemistry.....

NO THANK YOU

let him continue his journey(man) career elsewhere

flyersfan2822
07-04-2010, 10:24 PM
He use to play from my hometown team the sixer but he improve a lot. i would take him over ron artest any day of the week.

myqntab
07-04-2010, 10:34 PM
He use to play from my hometown team the sixer but he improve a lot. i would take him over ron artest any day of the week.

are you serious?

kmorton06
07-04-2010, 10:43 PM
No thanks, id rather have Morrow, Tmac, JJ-Red, Bell, Korver, Outlaw

I'd rather have most of those guys more than Barnes as well, but we can't afford them.... unless we got someone to take Sasha. Morrow, JJ, and Korver are definately too expensive... probably Outlaw as well. Unless we can trade someone, you're talking about a salary of less than 2 mil per year.

Iceman_9
07-04-2010, 10:58 PM
everybody now wants to become a laker..

1i1f4b
07-04-2010, 11:10 PM
is there a link or any truth to this. i wud realli love if matt barnes played for us hes a really solid bench player that gets after yu on defence

THINKBLUE15
07-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Same argued that same reason against the Ron Artest signing. See how that turned out.

That being said, didn't Barnes opt out for a bigger payday?

I for one had wanted Artest for a long time, so count me out on that theory. There is a difference. Artest has had his problems, but has gradually changed over the past few years to a respectable person. He's misunderstood and a little weird. Barnes is a tatted out **** talking primadonna thug.

Lakers_ftw
07-04-2010, 11:30 PM
i would take him over ron artest any day of the week.

:punish

DownUnder
07-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Barnes for the $$$ we have is a good option. Hell yeah there is probably plenty of people we would want first, but can we afford them? Barnes for the vet min would be a very solid addition. He played some strong minutes this season in Orlando as a starting 3. We could definitely use him off the bench. Oh, by the way, I don't like him either, this is purely strategic. We need a better bench.

LetsGoKnicks
07-04-2010, 11:51 PM
sign barnes, sign blake, resign fisher and sign a center with the vets min. not named mbenga and the lakers will 3peat

robdizzle3
07-04-2010, 11:54 PM
I really dont want Barnes to be honest. We dont need another player like him. We got a better one in Ron and it should stay that way. We need a guy who can create his own shot or at least knock down shots, with more consistency. Barnes isnt gonna give that to us.

kmorton06
07-04-2010, 11:58 PM
I really dont want Barnes to be honest. We dont need another player like him. We got a better one in Ron and it should stay that way. We need a guy who can create his own shot or at least knock down shots, with more consistency. Barnes isnt gonna give that to us.

I agree. I thought the Lakers biggest weakness this year is that other than Kobe, there aren't any perimiter players who can create their own shot. However, I haven't heard any good ideas about free agents who can do this other than T-Mac. Can't put all your eggs in one basket. Any ideas besides him?

KillaInstinct24
07-04-2010, 11:59 PM
every tuesday morning they pick up my matt barnes on the side of the road

Fireworld
07-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Great role player but I don't like him. NO.

BKdoubleStacker
07-05-2010, 12:18 AM
every tuesday morning they pick up my matt barnes on the side of the road

They pick up my matt barnes on friday morning :D

I dont want him. Hes a decent all-rounded player but nah.

Avenged
07-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Barnes would be a great addition to this team, you can't go wrong with toughness, energy, hustle, and defense. The thing is, he's really not needed right now and the Lakers have to fill in much larger holes.

robdizzle3
07-05-2010, 12:51 AM
Barnes would be a great addition to this team, you can't go wrong with toughness, energy, hustle, and defense. The thing is, he's really not needed right now and the Lakers have to fill in much larger holes.

I agree. if you would've asked me last year, I woulda said yeah, but we have much more pressing needs.

Iron24th
07-05-2010, 12:56 AM
First,where is the link,then barnes would be a great addition.

showtime24
07-05-2010, 01:13 AM
I dont want barnes i'd rather see Ebanks develop to a ariza type of player. He will learn from Kobe & Ron.

Bench

Blake
Sasha
Ebanks/Luke
LO
Caracter/FA Center

If Ebanks & Caracter plays well enough to impress the Lakers FO and make the team. I think our bench looks pretty solid-young & athletic. We just need to resign fish and get a proven big that willing to take a paycut.

kblo247
07-05-2010, 01:23 AM
I dont want barnes i'd rather see Ebanks develop to a ariza type of player. He will learn from Kobe & Ron.

Bench

Blake
Sasha
Ebanks/Luke
LO
Caracter/FA Center

If Ebanks & Caracter plays well enough to impress the Lakers FO and make the team. I think our bench looks pretty solid-young & athletic. We just need to resign fish and get a proven big that willing to take a paycut.

My lineup:

STARTERS
Fisher
Kobe
Ron
Pau
Bynum

BENCH
Blake
Sasha
Bell or McGrady - (whoever bites first)
Luke
LO
Thomas or Kwame - (whoever bites first)

D-Fenders
Caracter
Ebanks

Shannon, Jordan, Josh, DJ, and Adam don't let the door hit you where the good lord split ya.

lakerssssssss
07-05-2010, 01:26 AM
Is there any truth to this rumor

showtime24
07-05-2010, 01:31 AM
My lineup:

STARTERS
Fisher
Kobe
Ron
Pau
Bynum

BENCH
Blake
Sasha
Luke
LO

D-Fenders
Caracter
Ebanks

Shannon, Jordan, Josh, DJ, and Adam don't let the door hit you where the good lord split ya.

Hopefully Thomas & Bell bites first :D

CLASSOF72
07-05-2010, 01:47 AM
My lineup:

STARTERS
Fisher
Kobe
Ron
Pau
Bynum

BENCH
Blake
Sasha
Luke
LO

D-Fenders
Caracter
Ebanks

:clap:
Sweet Jesus!

x_notorious
07-05-2010, 01:48 AM
Can't find a legitimate source via link but supposedly it was rumored by Barnes' friend over the radio. If true, I wouldn't mind him on the team if he were to come cheap. Good luck with LO and Kobe, though.

BigGuy951
07-05-2010, 03:35 AM
I guess he'd make this team better. Can he survive in LA? I'm just sayin'...

kblo247
07-05-2010, 03:50 AM
Played at UCLA and was a Warrior so yeah

BigGuy951
07-05-2010, 03:52 AM
Ahh i see cool.

KillaInstinct24
07-05-2010, 04:25 AM
They pick up my matt barnes on friday morning :D

I dont want him. Hes a decent all-rounded player but nah.

lol, i dont even think he's that good all around. he's a terrible shooter. i guess the only thing good about him is that he doesnt back down against star power. but that ball fake at kobe was an epic fail :facepalm: LOL

Raven19
07-05-2010, 04:59 AM
Hmm.. not a bad pickup just need some major attitude adjustments and im in..

LA_Raiders
07-05-2010, 09:58 AM
he is a solid bench player, but i rater have Bell or TMc

kmorton06
07-05-2010, 10:27 AM
"I'm out in L.A. and I've heard that the Lakers are definitely interested. But who knows?" Barnes told the Orlando Sentinel.

Read more: http://www.******.com/src_wiretap_archives/67549/20100629/barnes_hopes_to_stay_with_magic_says_lakers_have_i nterest/#ixzz0somoGszi

mamba24
07-05-2010, 10:47 AM
barnes, who's a punk, got smacked around by paul pierce in the east finals. but i'll take him for the absolute minimum. he can't be any worse than walton right?

fortunately as a bench player in la he would be guarding more of the opposite teams bench players as well... this would be a great pick up IMO

Statik1
07-05-2010, 10:57 AM
First,where is the link,then barnes would be a great addition.

Exactly how is this thread still alive ?

Vinylman
07-05-2010, 11:20 AM
It was on hoopshype yesterday... sounds like barnes is not confirming it

Alex Kennedy: ESPN Radio reporting that Matt Barnes wants to play for Lakers. "I've said nothing about where I'm leaning or going," texted Barnes Twitter

lake100
07-05-2010, 11:49 AM
i think the story is a fake. No one is confirming anything.....moreso Barnes.

Wilson
07-05-2010, 11:55 AM
For this to get it's own thread I'm going to need a link to a credible news source which is reporting the rumour. If anyone has a link, please post it here or PM it to me and I'll edit it into the first post.

I'll check back here in half an hour or so, if nothing is around I'll have to close this. Remember, the Free Agency and Trades Ideas (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497076) thread is where all our own speculation should go, new threads should only be created when a rumour is reported by a credible news source.

Raven19
07-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Goodbye thread

BrewinRamLakers
07-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Pass. Looks like a thug.

Wilson
07-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Sorry, since no link has been posted or PM'd to me I'm going to have to close this and re-direct you guys to the Free Agency and Trades Ideas (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497076) :cheers:

x_notorious
07-08-2010, 03:16 PM
A solid source tells me the Lakers' interest in free-agent forward Matt Barnes is "very real."

Via Ben Q. Rock's Twitter.

Who is he? Managing Editor of Orlando Pinstriped Post.

Raidaz4Life
07-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Via Ben Q. Rock's Twitter.

Who is he? Managing Editor of Orlando Pinstriped Post.

I think at this point he is one of the few options that the Lakers can actually afford.

x_notorious
07-08-2010, 05:07 PM
The Lakers are interested in Matt Barnes but source confirms that no offer has been made. Barnes still hoping to work out a deal with Magic.

-AlexKennedyNBA Twitter (Hoopsworld writer)

robdizzle3
07-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Im starting to rethink wanting this guy on our roster. Maybe we really could use him, especially if Lebron actually does go to the Heat.

kblo247
07-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Im starting to rethink wanting this guy on our roster. Maybe we really could use him, especially if Lebron actually does go to the Heat.

Yep. A little nasty and borderline dirty to face that team might be needed especially since the refs love 2/3 to death.

Vinylman
07-08-2010, 06:48 PM
I think at this point he is one of the few options that the Lakers can actually afford.

don't be so quick to assume that... alot of teams are shooting their loads right now... there will be alot of quality guys going for very little money in about a week.

Raidaz4Life
07-08-2010, 06:54 PM
don't be so quick to assume that... alot of teams are shooting their loads right now... there will be alot of quality guys going for very little money in about a week.

I'm not so convinced a lot of teams have cap and a lot of teams have holes to fill.

Vinylman
07-08-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm not so convinced a lot of teams have cap and a lot of teams have holes to fill.

most of the cap is GONE! Most the teams with MLE money have spent...

watch what happens... there are gonna be some bargains.

KillaInstinct24
07-08-2010, 07:03 PM
I like it. He doesn't back away from anyone as we've seen with him and Kobe and Lamar. Good defender and a solid shooter.

oh yeah he's a solid shooter and i think shaq should take technical free throws because his stroke is reminiscent of mark price:facepalm:

silentcompany
07-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Barnes dissapeared in the playoffs..

Does chemistry mean nothing? If Barnes was so great why did he only play 1 season in Orlando!

silentcompany
07-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Sorry double post.

Avenged
07-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Barnes dissapeared in the playoffs..

Does chemistry mean nothing? If Barnes was so great why did he only play 1 season in Orlando!

I'm assuming because he opted out of his contract.

silentcompany
07-08-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm assuming because he opted out of his contract.

I see, so he's looking for more money?
What would make everyone assume that he's willing to play for less?
I don't know how much he made last year, but I'm assuming it was more than 2mil a year right?

Avenged
07-08-2010, 07:37 PM
I don't know how much he made last year, but I'm assuming it was more than 2mil a year right?

I'm not an expert on contracts but Barnes did state he wanted greater pay than he was making and that was his reason for opting out.

kmorton06
07-08-2010, 07:42 PM

He made 1.6 million last year so its possible that we can afford him. It just depends on how popular he is in free agency. Everything's on hold until the "King" makes his decision...... The King of Early Playoff Exits!

x_notorious
07-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Unrestricted free agent swingman Matt Barnes, who averaged 8.8 points and 5.5 rebounds last season for the Orlando Magic, has had discussions with the Dallas Mavericks.

Barnes took to his Twitter feed Friday and listed the Mavs along with five other inquiring teams: "B4 LBJ situation went down we've ben n contact w/ the magic, lakers, mia, dallas, knicks & det. Have to see wat happens."

If you're not up to speed on Twitter shorthand, Barnes said that before LeBron James made his decision Thursday night, Barnes' agent, Aaron Goodwin, has had at least preliminary discussions with Orlando, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami, Dallas, New York and Detroit.

Barnes, 30, earned $1.6 million last season and will be seeking a raise, but is an affordable piece for the Mavs. The 6-foot-7 swingman is a solid defender and can hit the 3-pointer, although he only made 31.9 percent last season. He shot 48.7 percent overall and averaged 25.9 minutes. He played in 81 games and started in 58. Barnes was injured during the playoffs, but started all 14 games in which he played.

Mavs fans remember Barnes as a defensive annoyance and a big-shot maker during the 2007 playoffs against Golden State.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallasmavericks/post/_/id/4670010/mavs-among-six-pack-exploring-barnes?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Raidaz4Life
07-09-2010, 02:12 PM
It seems like everyone we are rumored to be in contact with are also in contact with the heat which is extremely annoying.

FakeBlackMamba
07-09-2010, 02:21 PM
getting matt barnes would be ideal. he is a very talented defender and playes with a lot of agression. exactly what LA needs more of. especially if they play against miami. Ron Ron + Barnes + KB24 IS A VERY STRONG PERIMETER DEFENSE.

L@ker4Life
07-09-2010, 02:45 PM
I think T Mac has more upside, but

1. He is injury prone
2. He might be able to make more than about the 1.8 mil that we have left on the MLE

That said, I would prefer T MAC, but I think Matt Barnes is a good 2nd choice... younger and preferred to Raja Bell in my opinion.

Well what wins championships O or D?? If you get Tmac you get instant O. If you get Barnes you get instant D, hustle, and athleticism.

I would pick up Barnes first and if that fails then go after Tmac and hope that he buys into playing D and hustling.

KillaInstinct24
07-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Well what wins championships O or D?? If you get Tmac you get instant O. If you get Barnes you get instant D, hustle, and athleticism.

I would pick up Barnes first and if that fails then go after Tmac and hope that he buys into playing D and hustling.

its because barnes cant shoot. we already got a defender who cant shoot. you put barnes and artest on the floor and we will be stagnant.

gr824
07-09-2010, 03:02 PM
its because barnes cant shoot. we already got a defender who cant shoot. you put barnes and artest on the floor and we will be stagnant.

Not if they are on the floor with Bryant, Odom, and Gasol ...

Statik1
07-09-2010, 03:08 PM
getting matt barnes would be ideal. he is a very talented defender and playes with a lot of agression. exactly what LA needs more of. especially if they play against miami. Ron Ron + Barnes + KB24 IS A VERY STRONG PERIMETER DEFENSE.

Just the idea of those two chuck and duck shooters on the floor scares the living **** out of me...

Replace Barnes with Raja Bell and I like it a whole lot better.

Edit: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506873

After reading that well Bell is out of the question....

kblo247
07-09-2010, 03:50 PM
The Lakers are on his list, but so are the god damn Heat.

Hopefully Orlando pissed him off with an ultimatum of how much they are willing to give him out the 2.4mil of their mle left.

2 Tweets -http://twitter.com/matt_barnes22

Before the LeBron situation went down, I've been in contact with the Magic, Lakers, Heat, Knicks & Detroit. Have to see what happens...

“We’ve been in contact with Miami,” Barnes said. ”No question they’ve added some pieces with the Big Three.”

Mitch better just nut the **** up and offer T-Mac a deal now.

truplayer199
07-09-2010, 04:28 PM
The Lakers are on his list, but so are the god damn Heat.

Hopefully Orlando pissed him off with an ultimatum of how much they are willing to give him out the 2.4mil of their mle left.

2 Tweets -http://twitter.com/matt_barnes22

Mitch better just nut the **** up and offer T-Mac a deal now.

He'll get better offers from other GM's. This offseason teams are just over paying for crappy players. Since when Tyrus Thomas, Millicic, Outlaw, and others are worth that much.

kblo247
07-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Darko is a steal at his price, and Outlaw is a better version of Ariza so them getting roughly the same salary is a wash.

PGLakers
07-09-2010, 05:11 PM
lot of these teams have money left over now...so they have to offer this ridiculous deals so that the players dont slip away to other teams.

now the only players that would come to lakers are the ones that are hoping to get a ring, or by trades.

kid24
07-09-2010, 05:50 PM
if he doesn't mind coming of the bench that will be great.

Kobe's Disciple
07-09-2010, 06:04 PM
I expect Barnes to sign with the Lakers late next week. Orlando is not happy with Barnes right now because of the messages he tweeted on Twitter. Orlando and Miami both prefer to sign Bell instead of Barnes. Barnes can get 1.8M for next season and play behind Kobe and Ron. You can tell Barnes is not a big of some of the guys in Miami.

PG. Fisher, Blake, Sasha
SG. Kobe, Barnes,
SF. Artest, Walton, Ebanks
PF. Gasol, Odom
C. Bynum, Caracter

anub!s
07-09-2010, 11:38 PM
I expect Barnes to sign with the Lakers late next week. Orlando is not happy with Barnes right now because of the messages he tweeted on Twitter. Orlando and Miami both prefer to sign Bell instead of Barnes. Barnes can get 1.8M for next season and play behind Kobe and Ron. You can tell Barnes is not a big of some of the guys in Miami.

PG. Fisher, Blake, Sasha
SG. Kobe, Barnes,
SF. Artest, Walton, Ebanks
PF. Gasol, Odom
C. Bynum, Caracter

I'd rather keep mbenga as a backup.

BigGuy951
07-10-2010, 01:00 AM
At this point, if he hustles like he did the past few seasons, keeps his attitude in check and can have some productive minutes off the bench, then i'm good with him signing.

Kobe's Disciple
07-10-2010, 01:51 AM
I'd rather keep mbenga as a backup.

Why? Mbenga doesn't play and Caracter has the potential to be a solid back up. He outplayed Greg Oden when they played against each other at camps.

robdizzle3
07-10-2010, 02:04 AM
Why? Mbenga doesn't play and Caracter has the potential to be a solid back up. He outplayed Greg Oden when they played against each other at camps.

I agree. I just dont want Mbenga as our backup. I wouldnt mind grabbing Joel Anthony for the Min.

BigGuy951
07-10-2010, 02:05 AM
Stupid C's got J.Oneal :mad:

Storch
07-10-2010, 02:47 AM
Barnes is overrated.

TheGsw
07-10-2010, 03:56 AM
http://twitter.com/BA_Turner/status/18158330860

TheGsw
07-10-2010, 03:58 AM
http://twitter.com/Matt_Barnes22/status/18131579195

The Raven
07-10-2010, 07:43 AM
i say sign him up. he's a good hustle player and a fairly decent shooter so why not. better than Miami getting him thats for sure

Wilson
07-10-2010, 09:54 AM
He's one of the guys I would love to have with the remaining $1.8 million of the MLE. If he's happy to accept that money, bring him aboard.

Lakeshow86
07-10-2010, 12:15 PM
we need to get barnes. They need to stay ahead of the heat. They are getting better and better with Miller and Haslem joining them. They are also probably going to get Bell after he turned us down. Barnes is another good choice instead of Bell. If not bell we have to get Barnes

BigGuy951
07-10-2010, 05:40 PM
He's one of the guys I would love to have with the remaining $1.8 million of the MLE. If he's happy to accept that money, bring him aboard.

Ditto. If it was down to either him or T-Mac, who would you choose?

iggypop123
07-10-2010, 08:20 PM
rather have a role player like barnes help backup kobe and ron. seeing as walton is trash and ebanks looks to fill in as a SF this can work

TheGsw
07-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Its possible Barnes might wanna play with Kobe because he did say Kobe is the baddest person in the league and he said he respects him.

RidgeRaider24
07-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Ditto. If it was down to either him or T-Mac, who would you choose?

hard choice, tmac if healthy but thats a big IF, loves barnes play though, tough defensive minded player

FeLted24
07-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Hello fellas...I've been trollin here for years enjoying readin news and seein what u guys think...took me long enough to create an account...forgive me if i make noob mistakes I never post in forums..nehow im unsure if matt barnes is the kinda player buss signs off on...hes a journeyman to the highest degree and is definitely a douche..the only real controversial player signed in recent memory would be artest.. but his skill set is superior to barnes obv...I'd be surprised if it happened is all..I wouldn't mind t-mac for the min but either way i don't see it making too big a difference..

Tree Rollins
07-10-2010, 11:01 PM
I would love to have Barnes. Between him and Bell, at this point in Bell's career and coming off the injury, i'm not sure who i'd rather have.

Tree Rollins
07-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Don't forget, Barnes is outta UCLA. Maybe he wants to come back to the area.

gerber
07-10-2010, 11:08 PM
i would rather have barnes over tmac.

barnes is a tough defender, hustle player.

and Tmac, well i just hate his sleepy eyes.