PDA

View Full Version : Are the Celtics in trouble if Ray Allen doesn't come back?

magichatnumber9
07-04-2010, 03:53 PM
According to insider information there is some doubt if Ray Allen will return to the Celtics. As NBA fans looking in from the outside, do you think the Celtics are in trouble if Ray doesn't come back? They really don't have alternatives. If Sheed comes back they probably have less options.

still1ballin
07-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Nah

Kakaroach
07-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Well they don't have legit starting SG after Allen. I wouldn't trust Daniels or Tony Allen as a full-time starter.

DerekRE_3
07-04-2010, 04:05 PM
They'd have major problems with floor spacing if they had to start Tony Allen.

Cbast09
07-04-2010, 04:05 PM
I'd think so.

magichatnumber9
07-04-2010, 04:08 PM
They'd have major problems with floor spacing if they had to start Tony Allen.If you watch Tony Allen shoot the basketball its the weirdest thing. He shoots from the right side of his head. It's horrible. He's also had ample injury time to improve it but that is why he never reached his potential as a player.

R_O_W_E
07-04-2010, 04:11 PM
If you watch Tony Allen shoot the basketball its the weirdest thing. He shoots from the right side of his head. It's horrible. He's also had ample injury time to improve it but that is why he never reached his potential as a player.

Remember, Tony was beasting a few years ago before he blew out his knee dunking on a dead play.

jtrinaldi
07-04-2010, 04:15 PM
they'll trade Rondo for redd so then they get there shooting guard.

R_O_W_E
07-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Celtics are screwed without Ray Allen. Hes their best shooter, and despite Game 7 has shown he can be clutch in the Playoffs when needed.

I also think he is the "glue" that holds the Celtics together. You have strong personalities like KG, Pierce, Perkins and Rondo. You need that 1 laidback guy who is like "Calm down. Its not that serious. Relax".

shep33
07-04-2010, 04:16 PM
If they can get Mike Miller to replace him, I think they'd be okay. But they need some bench players, I doubt Nate or Tony Allen are coming back.

RadiantShot
07-04-2010, 04:20 PM
If you're a champion, you will remain a champion in my book.
Not this season, but you should know what I mean. They will get someone back, but my heart is still telling me Ray will sign with Boston.

Hellcrooner
07-04-2010, 04:21 PM
spanish media is reporting they are trying to trade for Rudy Fenandez.

but i guess ray ray comes back-

_KB24_
07-04-2010, 04:24 PM
They're in deep **** if Allen is gone.

m26555
07-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Will they be in trouble? Yes, but I don't think it's really going to be an issue because I don't see Allen going anywhere.

Gators123
07-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Rip would fit in good with the Celtics, especially with a pass first PG like Rondo.

jim51990
07-04-2010, 04:33 PM
problem next year better for the future

Jays Claw
07-04-2010, 04:34 PM
All I know is that they'll be worse without him.

arosen36
07-04-2010, 04:54 PM
the celtics are in trouble either way, garnett got old... fast, pierce is getting up there, teams are gonna play off rondo since he cant shoot, allen may leave and the 3 pointers, which they live or die bye, go away, allens getting old anyway, perkins is gonna miss half the year and probably never be the same, this team passed its prime as the lakers lifted the trophy, should have let pierce walk and start the rebuilding process

IDB Josh M
07-04-2010, 05:35 PM
They'll be fine. No Ray Allen means that Ainge will look elseware. If anything, Ray Allen not returning is a blessing in disguise for them.

magichatnumber9
07-04-2010, 05:36 PM
spanish media is reporting they are trying to trade for Rudy Fenandez.

but i guess ray ray comes back-
There are a few sources out there that back your statement up. If I had a espn link that was not insider I would of put a thread up in the Celtics forum. By the way I would love to have Rudy on the C's.

SANDBURG23
07-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Yep, they are getting old but did make the finals, they get another run for sure. They might not win it but they got another run. If R.allen leaves should start looking int otrading Garnett and Peirce right away. I really hope he stays and I'm a Bulls fan, i want to see this Fa period work out to where there are 10 legitment teams that can win a title starting each year again.

Remember the 90's when even the All 8 playoff teams where good. Even a Plyoff team that couldn't make it.

Detorit- Thomas,Dumars,Lambier and an endless more
Bulls- No need to say
Phil- Barkley,Cheek,Malone
Boston- No need to say
NY- Ewing, Oakley, Starks, Mason and the rest of the thugs
Miami- Mourning, Hardaway
Clev- Price,Daugherty,Harper,Nance etc they where deep
Atl- Mutombo, Smith,Lattener

Lakers- no need to say
Portland- Drexler and many more
Houston-olajuwon and gerat role players Drexler once
SA-Robinson,Elliot and more
Phoe- KJ, Chambers,Barkley a little while
GS- Remember they where good once
Seattle-Payon,Kemp
SAC- Remember they where good once

Ther league was more exciting then, hope this FA period bring it back.

BradyIsTheMan12
07-04-2010, 05:41 PM
There are a few sources out there that back your statement up. If I had a espn link that was not insider I would of put a thread up in the Celtics forum. By the way I would love to have Rudy on the C's.

I would guess it's very unlikely that happens though.

johnnyswimm
07-04-2010, 05:47 PM
if the dont sign ray allen then it would be ok, we would be able to go out there and offer more people who may be a little more consistent. dont get me wrong i will miss him he is on of the best all time 3 point shooters but its time for some youth on the team. they need to go after some young players anybody but reddick i hate duke and reddick is garbage. How about bringing in jefferson in a trade since they are looking to get rid of him instead of looking for someone to fill in for perk its time to find someone to replace, hes to soft.

magichatnumber9
07-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Found a link in the Boston Herald about Barbosa and Rudy Fernandez. So it looks like Danny is preparing for the worst. This would cost us big time. Trailblazers are very tough when it comes to negotiating.

m26555
07-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Found a link in the Boston Herald about Barbosa and Rudy Fernandez. So it looks like Danny is preparing for the worst. This would cost us big time. Trailblazers are very tough when it comes to negotiating.
You could re-sign Allen and still make a trade for one of those two.

hugepatsfan
07-05-2010, 12:44 AM
Remember, Tony was beasting a few years ago before he blew out his knee dunking on a dead play.

Yup. That play had a huge role in the way the Celtics are now. TA, playing at the level he was, was looking like a GREAT SG. That might have convinced them to build around him and Al Jefferson. That would have meant bye to PP and no big 3. Not saying that was a certainty, but it is a possibility.

bosoxlover12
07-05-2010, 01:01 AM
wow inside sources....

CAN WE JUST ALL ADMIT THAT I HAVE BEEN 100% CORRECT, AND MY SOURCES ARE CORRECT. He wants to sign in either CLE or MIA

robdizzle3
07-05-2010, 01:28 AM
If they can get Mike Miller to replace him, I think they'd be okay. But they need some bench players, I doubt Nate or Tony Allen are coming back.

I agree, if they can get Miller, they will be ok, but with Tony Allen probably gone as well, they lose their lockdown defenders and would have to try and sign Matt Barnes as well, but they wouldnt have much money, because Miller would command the whole MLE.

hugepatsfan
07-05-2010, 01:29 AM
I agree, if they can get Miller, they will be ok, but with Tony Allen probably gone as well, they lose their lockdown defenders and would have to try and sign Matt Barnes as well, but they wouldnt have much money, because Miller would command the whole MLE.

We have TA's bird rights. We could sign him if we wanted even after giving MM the full MLE.

iggypop123
07-05-2010, 01:53 AM
the window is just about shut, it doesnt matter. kg is the issue. he wont let them rebuild

holocaust227
07-05-2010, 02:09 AM

I think it's a little bit easier with KP gone

clehmun
07-05-2010, 02:20 AM
Ray Allen is their only shooter. So yes they'll be in trouble. His shooting is simply irreplaceable in the league.

But I think he'll be back, and the Celtics will be contenders again next year. They're old, but they're still dangerous. People have been saying the Spurs are old for the past 5 years now, yet they're still threats with some adjustments on their team.

The Raven
07-05-2010, 06:45 AM
He is stitll a key player on that team so i think they do really have to sign him if they even wanna make the playoffs

dodie53
07-05-2010, 07:48 AM
i read somewhere that the celtics are interested in barbosa

Adzman
07-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Look for the C's to throw some $$$ at Redick. Could Redick start?? All I know is he can shoot and do a decent job on D.

If ray is coming back, it will happen soon. If he is holding out for $$$, he is looking at playing elsewhere.

Fernandez would be sick, but cannot see the blazers letting him go cheap.

LA_Raiders
07-05-2010, 09:04 AM
they are done without ray...

pebloemer
07-05-2010, 09:30 AM
they'll trade Rondo for redd so then they get there shooting guard.

Wow, what a terrible deal that would be. Why would Milwaukee want another PG when building around Jennings? Who would play PG for Boston? Brutal idea...

Regarding thread. They still have MLE and possible trades to add some outside shooting. The veteran presence of Allen could be missed, but Pierce and Garnett should have that covered. I don't think you can replace Ray Allen, but they have options to replace his shooting.

magichatnumber9
07-05-2010, 09:46 AM
I really feel that Ray was the glue that kept that team together. Paul and Kevin sort of had there own little clique away from the team. Last year Leon Powe referenced that clique a few times in interviews esp about Garnett. Ray is or was that gateway between the big three and the younger players + the bench.