PDA

View Full Version : What is the trade value for Carmelo Anthony?

RipVW
07-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Just curious to see what people think it would be.

Bornknick73
07-04-2010, 01:10 PM
There isnt any. Unless you can trade him for Kobe Lebron Wade or Dwight. Carmelo is just as big a Superstar as those guys. He is a top 5 player. And only a trade for a top 5 player is equal. But it never happens. Trading 2 top 10 players is a bit much. So my guess would be 2 top 20-25 players is a good value for Carmelo. Or a top 10 guy and a lower tier guy.

Bornknick73
07-04-2010, 01:13 PM
In your case Rose is a top 20 (somewhere in the 11-20 range depending on who you talk to) player and a deal would start with him. Might have to throw Noah in as well.

GSRaider
07-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Monta, Andris, Randolph for Melo?

Lakersho
07-04-2010, 01:22 PM
There isnt any. Unless you can trade him for Kobe Lebron Wade or Dwight. Carmelo is just as big a Superstar as those guys. He is a top 5 player. And only a trade for a top 5 player is equal. But it never happens. Trading 2 top 10 players is a bit much. So my guess would be 2 top 20-25 players is a good value for Carmelo. Or a top 10 guy and a lower tier guy.

...Im glad to see someone give melo some credit ,including lebron ,my opinion is melo right now is the best ,well rounded player in the league because of his youth i'll say he's got a step on kobe, thats bein real. but no way would i trade mamba for him. kobe brings other things that no one has. best you could get is maybe top 5 or 6 to 10 guy and maybe a 15 and 20 and pick ...thats pushin it tho... you couldn't get what he's really worth...

Tony_Starks
07-04-2010, 01:25 PM
You're not going to get equal value for him. The best you could get would probably be a package of good young players and expiring contracts. Thats why I think there's no way in hell they trade him, just trying to put a lil pressure on him to get this thing done.

LTBaByyy
07-04-2010, 01:28 PM

Top 5??? NOOOOOOOO
Top 10? YESSSSSS

OA SLAY
07-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Life as you know it....these threads are getting rediculous!

BALLER R
07-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Top 5??? NOOOOOOOO
Top 10? YESSSSSS

whos the top 5

kobe
lebron
wade
?
?

those are the only guys you can really say are better than melo but even those are arguable

roshan3ai
07-04-2010, 02:10 PM
whos the top 5

kobe
lebron
wade
?
?

those are the only guys you can really say are better than melo but even those are arguable
durant and dwight

DaoudS
07-04-2010, 02:11 PM
whos the top 5

kobe
lebron
wade
?
?

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Durant
Dirk/Paul/Williams/Howard/etc

td0tsfinest
07-04-2010, 02:12 PM
He's a top 5 scorer in this league. With the tools he has under his belt, Melo could be the best scoring weapon in the league. A team would have to give up a lot for his service.

Silent
07-04-2010, 02:15 PM
i wouldnt but what there looking for is a combo of deng rose noah for mello and filler

magichatnumber9
07-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Your roster< Carmelo ya dig

babyshaq87
07-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Melo is of course a top10 guy, i'd put him in my top 5.. anyway rumors want him to NY.. i'd love it but i don't think what knicks have might be enough.. curry's expiring and chandler must be part of the deal.. they might ask for a S&T with Lee or a trade exception that they might use to get another player from a team that wants to unload some contracts... also i don't know what's the situation with Kenyon Martin who should have a player option and i don't know what's happening with that.. if Denver lose Martin and want to replace him with a more offensive PF, NY has the best fit in Lee for the Nuggets..
knicks have always been interested in Lawson who has been named in a lot of trade rumors.. so there are a few pieces that both teams can use to make a trade... i think they could find a nice trade for both sides..

Ragun
07-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Monta, Andris, Randolph for Melo?

ewwww

Bornknick73
07-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Dwight
Melo

Durant needs more then 1 year to break into this group. Dirk is on the decline, Williams and Paul cant carry a team. If i had to pick someone to shoot my last shot in a game I take Melo over D-Will and Paul. Simple. If Durant can do it for a few more years he will supplant a few of those guys but 1 year isnt enough.

Bornknick73
07-04-2010, 02:38 PM
I would trade Lee and Gallo with a few bells and whistles thrown in for Melo right now.

BALLER R
07-04-2010, 02:41 PM
a bit off topic..but does anyone hate melo
i mean i seen and heard people bash alot of players but melo doesnt come up

RipVW
07-04-2010, 02:54 PM
In your case Rose is a top 20 (somewhere in the 11-20 range depending on who you talk to) player and a deal would start with him. Might have to throw Noah in as well.

I have no interest in acquiring Carmelo Anthony. This thread is a spin off from a discussion from the Bulls thread. For Denver to acquire a draft pick in the deal and for it to mean anything, youd have to be assured of being a lottery team. It would be like NJ trading its core pieces AND a first.

But I agree, theres really not a scenario where a team has core pieces and would be willing to only have Carmelo Anthony...even though for some teams this makes sense because once you have him, you can build around him. A lot of teams are looking to be better in 2011 though.

zambo4president
07-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Taj Gibson, 2 Future 1sts, James Johnson.

RipVW
07-04-2010, 02:58 PM
I would trade Lee and Gallo with a few bells and whistles thrown in for Melo right now.

If I was Denver, NYK wouldnt have anything Id want.

RipVW
07-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Taj Gibson, 2 Future 1sts, James Johnson.

Get real. Chicago's not a match.

zambo4president
07-04-2010, 02:59 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Neither Rose or Noah would go in a deal for Melo. I would LOVE to see Denver call Garpax and say "We want 2 1sts, Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah in return for Carmelo who's gonna opt out after this season"... "hello?, you guys still there?"

What?
07-04-2010, 03:00 PM
They could probably get some really good young talent for him like Derrick Rose and Noah from Chicago or Brook Lopez, Favors and Harris from NJ

I wouldn't do that deal but thats what Melo is worth

RipVW
07-04-2010, 03:00 PM
a bit off topic..but does anyone hate melo
i mean i seen and heard people bash alot of players but melo doesnt come up

Yeah, I dont like him that much either. He's a great player but I dont like his personality.

zambo4president
07-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Get real. Chicago's not a match.

:laugh2: Get real? Who the **** are you? Did ever say it was a match? No. You asked what his trade value was, that's what it is.

zambo4president
07-04-2010, 03:04 PM
They could probably get some really good young talent for him like Derrick Rose and Noah from Chicago or Brook Lopez, Favors and Harris from NJ

:speechless::speechless::speechless: What? (Perfect username for you) You guys are insane if you think ANYONE is gonna give up even close to that for Melo. Why trade your team for 1 year of Melo. This thread is unbeleivable

RipVW
07-04-2010, 03:04 PM

I think he's probably worth something closer to Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge.

LTBaByyy
07-04-2010, 03:05 PM
He's a top 10 player (7-10)

but his trade isnt gonna match value wise seriously why would i trade a young talent for someone thats gonna opt out of his contract when the season is over

Then you dont have your young talent or melo

RipVW
07-04-2010, 03:07 PM
:laugh2: Get real? Who the **** are you? Did ever say it was a match? No. You asked what his trade value was, that's what it is.

Exactly, which is exactly what Taj, 2 firsts, and Johnson is not.

RipVW
07-04-2010, 03:10 PM
He's a top 10 player (5-10)

but his trade isnt gonna match value wise seriously why would i trade a young talent for someone thats gonna opt out of his contract when the season is over

Then you dont have your young talent or melo

What makes it equal value is that after this FA period is over, there will be multiple teams that want/need Anthony. Competitive bidding is what makes it equal value.

zambo4president
07-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Exactly, which is exactly what Taj, 2 firsts, and Johnson is not.

That's huge value, especially considering Melo can test FA waters next season. Denver wants something in return but no way will they get any big name like you all seem to think.

RipVW
07-04-2010, 03:17 PM
That's huge value, especially considering Melo can test FA waters next season. Denver wants something in return but no way will they get any big name like you all seem to think.

No its not. A lot of teams can beat Taj, 2 low firsts, and James Johnson.

What?
07-04-2010, 03:18 PM
:speechless::speechless::speechless: What? (Perfect username for you) You guys are insane if you think ANYONE is gonna give up even close to that for Melo. Why trade your team for 1 year of Melo. This thread is unbeleivable

Your insane if you think melo is worth Taj Gibson and JJ Melo is a top 5-10 player in the league. I wouldn't trade Rose and Noah for Carmelo but that is what if I were Denver I would be looking for. Why the hell would Denver trade one of the best players in the league for bench players and a few draft picks.You really are underestimating one of the top players in the league.

What?
07-04-2010, 03:19 PM

Taj JJ and 2 firsts wouldn't get you Danilo Gallinari

abe_froman
07-04-2010, 03:23 PM
a huge haul,pretty much more than anyone is willing to spend...better off waiting for f.a. next year

REALLYYYYY?
07-04-2010, 03:31 PM
i would trade one or more nba players for him.

Melo15
07-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Well the thing is he likely is going to stay in Denver.

But for the sake of the discussion it really depends on whether or not he would sign an extension with a team. If he's willing to sign an extension then it would require a lot of young talent and picks to get him (Like the Brandon Roy and Aldridge idea posted earlier). If he's not then it would take a young talented player and some high upside players then too (Brandon Roy and Nicolas Batum for example). Thats my opinion however and I will admit I am biased towards Melo because obviously he's my favorite player.

sunnydayin'zona
07-04-2010, 03:48 PM
jason richardson and jared dudley?

haha...to think we got those guys for raja bell and boris diaw

MFFL==FML
07-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Dwight
Melo

Durant needs more then 1 year to break into this group. Dirk is on the decline, Williams and Paul cant carry a team. If i had to pick someone to shoot my last shot in a game I take Melo over D-Will and Paul. Simple. If Durant can do it for a few more years he will supplant a few of those guys but 1 year isnt enough.

That's pretty funny... Melo has only been out of the 1st round ONE time. D. Williams and C. Paul have gone just as far in the playoffs. In fact, D. Williams has more often than not got them out of the 1st round.

LakeShowRaider
07-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Andrew Bynum, 2 1st and ron artest.

RipVW
07-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Andrew Bynum, 2 1st and ron artest.

No way. Bynum is injured all the time. Artest, no. 2 1sts...ha...those are 2 low firsts.

RipVW
07-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Here are some that I think might make sense for both sides:

Phi: Anthony
Den: Turner, Iguodala

Port: Anthony
Den: Roy, Alrdridge

Atl: Anthony
Den: Johnson, Smith

Min: Anthony
Den: Brewer, Jefferson, 1st

_KB24_
07-04-2010, 04:29 PM

Those trades are just stupid, to be perfectly honest. Why the hell would other teams trade their best two players and get worse by acquiring Melo?

Nikeman
07-04-2010, 04:30 PM

Ok, now you my friend are truly overvaluing Carmello dude.

Phildelphia offer, Evan Turner could be a future star, while Iggy is a 20 ppg scorer

Portland, Roy is already a star in this league, while Aldridge is a 18/10 guy

ATL, are you ****ing serious? Johnson AND Smith? Gtfo

Minnesota, most reasonable offer, but doubt Melo signs with them, so its a fail.

Melo is a FA, why the **** would any team give up so much when he can be had in free agency? Denver really holds no cards here

But every offer here, you have teams giving their best two players for one, and it makes no sense

RipVW
07-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Ok, now you my friend are truly overvaluing Carmello dude.

Phildelphia offer, Evan Turner could be a future star, while Iggy is a 20 ppg scorer

Portland, Roy is already a star in this league, while Aldridge is a 18/10 guy

ATL, are you ****ing serious? Johnson AND Smith? Gtfo

Minnesota, most reasonable offer, but doubt Melo signs with them, so its a fail.

Melo is a FA, why the **** would any team give up so much when he can be had in free agency? Denver really holds no cards here

But every offer here, you have teams giving their best two players for one, and it makes no sense

I think the only one Im pushing it on is Portland. Other than that, I think the value is comparable. Anthony is an elite player. He is the kind of player who can score anywhere on the court. He can score through contact. He is the kind of scorer that demands respect from the defense. Iguodala isnt a "get on my back and Ill carry you" guy. Iguodala is a nice player but, Anthony is an elite player.

Also, youre right. Turner could be great. But he's not an elite player and Carmelo Anthony is. This is a case of a bird in the hand being worth more than one in the bush.

thedon01
07-04-2010, 04:51 PM
i think his trade value is dependent on the situation. Melo is a top player in the game no question about it, but if he doesnt except the extension offer the burden is on the nuggests to get "something" in return for him, while the teams interested have more power to negotiate because of the pending free agency.

I don't think Melo gets dealt because the nuggets are going to want a ransom for him. He's going to be next years free agent prize

Hollasoren
07-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Gallo, Chandler, TD, and a first for melo

RipVW
07-04-2010, 05:44 PM
i think his trade value is dependent on the situation. Melo is a top player in the game no question about it, but if he doesnt except the extension offer the burden is on the nuggests to get "something" in return for him, while the teams interested have more power to negotiate because of the pending free agency.

I don't think Melo gets dealt because the nuggets are going to want a ransom for him. He's going to be next years free agent prize

No, the burden is on the teams to bid against other teams.

You gotta love all these Knick fans who think the Nuggets exist to give them Carmelo Anthony.

VinceCarter
07-04-2010, 05:48 PM

Top 5? I don't think after last year he was top 5.

I think the top 5 right now would be:

1/2. Kobe
2/1. LeBron
3. Wade
4. Durant
5. Dwight

VinceCarter
07-04-2010, 05:54 PM

No way. You are making Melo out as a top 5 player with these. These only make sense for Denver. Roy straight up for Melo would be a steal on Denver's end. Adding Aldridge?!?! No.

RipVW
07-04-2010, 06:06 PM
No way. You are making Melo out as a top 5 player with these. These only make sense for Denver. Roy straight up for Melo would be a steal on Denver's end. Adding Aldridge?!?! No.

Carmelo is on par with Durant and Howard and is better than Roy.

JOSKOMANG4
07-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Spurs, wizards, nuggets, & knicks

- knicks acquire pg t.parker & sf melo

- spurs acquire pf d.lee(s&t) & pf/sf d.gallanari

- wizards acquire pf k.martin & spurs future 2nd rd pick.

- nuggets acquire sg g.arenas, sf w.chandler, pg t.douglass, & wizards future 1st rd pick

smith&wesson
07-04-2010, 06:15 PM
LOL at you guys who think dwight, durant, williams, are clearly better then mello.

the top ten in this league is very arguable and extreamly tight. theres no way you can say mello is not argually top 1-10

kobe
lebron
wade
melo
durant
paul
williams
dirk
roy
dwight
gasol
bosh

and im sure theres some im missing. these are the best players in the league in no specific order. the order in which they fall is very very arguable. hombers :facepalm:

magichatnumber9
07-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Just curious to see what people think it would be.
Dude I'm sorry but that is truly a photoshop fail

bahama0811
07-04-2010, 06:21 PM

- nuggets acquire sg g.arenas, sf w.chandler, pg t.douglass, & wizards future 1st rd pick

I'm sorry man but that's just a dumb idea.

ivylleague1'
07-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Melo is one of the best players in the NBA. He is the best combo forward (i.e power forward and small forward) in the NBA.

Wiz kids
07-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Arenas, Blatche, Young/McGee for Carmelo?

jimm120
07-04-2010, 08:36 PM
...Im glad to see someone give melo some credit ,including lebron ,my opinion is melo right now is the best ,well rounded player in the league because of his youth i'll say he's got a step on kobe, thats bein real. but no way would i trade mamba for him. kobe brings other things that no one has. best you could get is maybe top 5 or 6 to 10 guy and maybe a 15 and 20 and pick ...thats pushin it tho... you couldn't get what he's really worth...

Melo is next year's LeBron and Wade

Melo is right behind LeBron and Wade in worth. If Melo would be in free agency this year, he'd be "ranked" right behind those two.

He's good.

Denver-boy
07-04-2010, 08:36 PM
durant and dwight

wow Durant has 1 good Season..... can someon say OVERRATED!!!!

Denver-boy
07-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Arenas, Blatche, Young/McGee for Carmelo?

dude arenas will never leave the Wiz, doesnt matter what you guy do, try to trade Arenas for a bag of funions, nobodys gonna want the stupid expensive Contract :rolleyes:

imo Melo is SUper Talented, and trust me theres few player in the NBA that are at his level, and yes he a Top 5 Player in the League:

1: Kobe
2: Lebron
3: Wade
4: Melo
5: Dwight
6: Durant
7: Peirce
8: Dirk
9: Pau Gasol
10: Nash

RipVW
07-05-2010, 12:32 AM
Those trades are just stupid, to be perfectly honest. Why the hell would other teams trade their best two players and get worse by acquiring Melo?

Because Carmelo is an elite player. He can carry a team in the playoffs. There are probably only 5 or 6 elite players in the NBA.

ChiSox219
07-05-2010, 12:34 AM
dude arenas will never leave the Wiz, doesnt matter what you guy do, try to trade Arenas for a bag of funions, nobodys gonna want the stupid expensive Contract :rolleyes:

imo Melo is SUper Talented, and trust me theres few player in the NBA that are at his level, and yes he a Top 5 Player in the League:

1: Kobe
2: Lebron
3: Wade
4: Melo
5: Dwight
6: Durant
7: Peirce
8: Dirk
9: Pau Gasol
10: Nash

People wonder why I think Kobe is overrated.

Btw Carmelo Anthony is the best clutch shooter in the NBA, there is no contest.

RipVW
07-05-2010, 12:35 AM

Oh look. Its another Knicks fan overrating their players. Why would Denver want that cancer and ridiculous contract on top of that. They just traded a similar guy in Iverson 2 seasons ago.

RipVW
07-05-2010, 12:39 AM
LOL at you guys who think dwight, durant, williams, are clearly better then mello.

the top ten in this league is very arguable and extreamly tight. theres no way you can say mello is not argually top 1-10

kobe
lebron
wade
melo
durant
paul
williams
dirk
roy
dwight
gasol
bosh

and im sure theres some im missing. these are the best players in the league in no specific order. the order in which they fall is very very arguable. hombers :facepalm:

Are you kidding? Carmelo is top 6.

RipVW
07-05-2010, 12:44 AM
Dude I'm sorry but that is truly a photoshop fail

It started out with good intentions...and then it got turned into a thread about the Bulls and Knicks getting Carmelo. I was wanting it to encompass more than 3 teams.

JordansBulls
07-05-2010, 01:15 AM
I think Melo has a higher trade value than CP3 personally.

THE MTL
07-05-2010, 02:04 AM
Carmelo is a prolific scorer, but I dont think he is a TRUE franchise player. Yes, he has the abilities but the leadership and ability to raise the level of the team is in question.

Billups rose the level of the nuggets last year.
George Karl rose the level of the team this year.

Without Billups & Karl, the Nuggets were just another mediocre team with an easy first round playoff exit.