PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Does Bosh hold the key?

ink
07-03-2010, 09:21 PM
This article by Chad Ford explains how the situation is evolving ...

The pertinent questions regarding Bosh seem to be the following: Is he as committed to LeBron as LeBron is to him? Would he prefer to join Wade? Is he hoping it works out that all three of them can play together? Or will he go in a different direction, with teams like the Rockets and perhaps the Lakers interested in him? How critical is it to him that he get the largest possible contract, which can happen only if he stays in Toronto or leaves via sign-and-trade?

The Cavs, Bulls, Heat, Knicks and Nets are among the teams that have all been working to figure out how to acquire Bosh from the Raptors in a deal in which Toronto would sign-and-trade Bosh to Cleveland, Chicago, Miami, New York or New Jersey. But in the meantime, Bosh’s intentions remain unclear, as he’s been “hard to read,” according to one team executive.

Which way is Bosh leaning? The evidence at this point is mostly mixed and circumstantial. Bosh went to dinner on Thursday night in Chicago with Wade and afterward tweeted, "Just had dinner w @dwadeofficial. Great way to end day 1 of #freeagency although it feels like someone is missing." Many believe that the tweet referred to LeBron, but that’s only an educated guess.

If Bosh is insisting that he get a full max contract via a sign-and-trade, it might be that he’s holding up the whole process, especially as Toronto president Bryan Colangelo is taking a tough stance in trade discussions, demanding either a star player or cap space (via a trade exception) and draft picks. Colangelo is very reluctant to take back players like Bulls forward Luol Deng or Heat forward Michael Beasley as part of any deal, complicating sign-and-trade options. And as J.A. Adande reports, the Raptors are losing interest in a Bosh sign-and-trade, according to a source.

So while we focus on Wade, who appears to have Chicago and Miami in his sights, and LeBron, who seems to be considering Cleveland, Chicago and New Jersey, it’s another player who might hold the key.

What does CB4 want? What will he settle for? Find the answers to those questions and you may solve the free agent puzzle of 2010.

Does Bosh Hold the Key? (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17582/does-bosh-hold-the-key)

effen5
07-03-2010, 09:23 PM
I don't like Bosh anymore.

hgtiger32
07-03-2010, 09:25 PM
bosh is soaking this all in...haha what a character

Draco
07-03-2010, 09:28 PM
I might misunderstand how the cap works. If the Bulls send a second round pick to Toronto for Bosh, aren't they also sending a TPE the size of Bosh's contract?

MaHaRaJaH
07-03-2010, 09:29 PM
You still need a good Big

The Raven
07-04-2010, 05:08 AM

after all this neither do i. talk about a diva

The Panch
07-04-2010, 05:16 AM
Bosh is going to Miami with Wade, LeBron is going back to Cleveland. Thats how it was going to end when free agency started, and all 3 knew this.

Kyben36
07-04-2010, 05:27 AM
Bosh is going to Miami with Wade, LeBron is going back to Cleveland. Thats how it was going to end when free agency started, and all 3 knew this.

doubt it, I actualy am thinking that Bosh wont turn down the 30 mil, because the raps have reportededly refused to S&T bosh to Miami. they consider what he is doing ( pre july 1st ) tampering. and bosh isnt a player like Wade or James who can make muli millions in advertising and sponsors. Bosh would be hard pressed to turn down that &, with that said. I see Bosh going to a Texas team ( dont know which ), James staying and anouncing it at the Espys. and Wade, wade is a toughy, wade could stay in Miami, but I think he is having serious fealings about chicago.

BradyIsTheMan12
07-04-2010, 05:44 AM

after all this neither do i. talk about a diva

Bosh isn't being a diva, he's just covering his bases and not letting other people tell him where he should go.

C_Mund
07-04-2010, 05:58 AM
Bosh's inclusion in this whole mess can be summed up in two reasons:
1. He's a really good player that was drafted in the same lottery as Lebron and Wade
2. He's a better suit for either of the two (Bosh/Lebron or Bosh/Wade) over the other option (Lebron/Wade) because they're ball-requiring perimeter players and he's a forward that can compliment a ball-requiring perimeter player.

The only way that Wade and James play together is if Bosh plays on their team as well. But Bosh could easily match either one of them.

I bet that CB's being so social because he knows that no matter where anybody else ends up, he can still come out on top. This is what worries Raptor fans so much.

29$JerZ
07-04-2010, 06:58 AM
I might misunderstand how the cap works. If the Bulls send a second round pick to Toronto for Bosh, aren't they also sending a TPE the size of Bosh's contract?

Yes

Since no players are coming back to Toronto but a future pick they'd gain an exception equal to Bosh's new contract.

I think what's stopping that from happening is they want more than that. Especially if they are going to trade him to an Eastern team.

Traded Player Exception: If a team trades away a player with a higher salary than the player they acquire in return (we'll call this initial deal "Trade #1"), they receive what is called a Traded Player Exception, also known colloquially as a "Trade Exception". Teams with a trade exception have up to a year in which they can acquire more salary in other trades (Trade #2, #3, etc) than they send away, as long as the gulf in salaries for Trade #2, #3, etc are less than or equal to the difference in salary for Trade #1. This exception is particularly useful when teams trade draft picks straight-up for a player; since draft picks have no salary value, often the only way to get salaries to match is to use a trade exception, which allows trades to be made despite unbalanced salaries. It is also useful to compensate teams for losing free agents as they can do a sign and trade of that free agent to acquire a trade exception that can be used later. Note this exception is for single player trades only, though additional cash and draft picks can be part of the trade.
I'm not a fan of how Wiki describes it but that's generally how it works.

magichatnumber9
07-04-2010, 07:26 AM
No every one is waiting on Lebron.