PDA

View Full Version : Did Bosh diva himself out of millions?

tr3ymill3r
07-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Chris Bosh hasn't exactly been the most prized asset on the market. No matter where he's gone he's been second fiddle. He joined Wade's meeting, and hasn't been invited to sit in on any of LeBron's meetings. We all fully understand that athletes and celebrities have mega egos, and because of those egos they have gotten to where they are. With that being said, Chris Bosh in my opinion is the Paris Hilton of the NBA. Out of all of the FA's out there he is the only one playing on twitter keeping us updated on his every step. This just in, Chris Bosh put on his left shoe. In doing so, it appears as if he's cost himself the max contract he and only he feels as if he deserves. He's not on same tier as Wade or LeBron, he was in a weak Eastern Conference and couldn't pull an 8th seed, very impressive. Now granted all we've heard is speculation after speculation, but I've yet to hear a report saying Bosh has been offered a contract anywhere. ESPN is reporting that Bosh may have worn out his welcome of a sign and trade, which was the only true way for him to receive a max deal. I'm sure he'll still get paid, but I don't think he'll be in the same sandbox as LeBron or Wade. Therefore here is my message to you Chris Bosh, and I'm sure you'll scoff but if he's on twitter as often as he is he probably has a Facebook, Myspace, and a Pro Sports Daily account, stop tweeting and play ball you primadonna.

Twolves88
07-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Yes he has ego problems. Will he still get his max contract.... yes

spreadeagle
07-03-2010, 07:36 PM
I was so stoked July first for all this ...now seems nothing is really going down could drag out for a month..players gettin paid way to much then they are worth.Disapointed

gwrighter
07-03-2010, 07:40 PM
the raptors have offered chris bosh the max.

blah-blah
07-03-2010, 07:41 PM
haha good he doesnt derserve it

LTBaByyy
07-03-2010, 08:16 PM
If he ever wants to be a Superstar in this league, he should stay with the raps and have that passion KG has....

KG intimidates people healthy or not healthy

Bosh is good but being a diva where he wants to be on the same level as lebron and wade. It will never happen when he leaves raps

He will be just a good star in the league, never a superstar

R_O_W_E
07-03-2010, 08:17 PM
This is the only chance Chris Bosh will get to feel relevant. After he signs elsewhere he will revert back to being just another guy selected to an All Star team.

Bosh is lucky to have played in Toronto, a major city. Had he played anywhere else he would be another JO in Indiana.

MaHaRaJaH
07-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Yes he has ego problems. Will he still get his max contract.... yes

Yes lol
Better shave off a mil here and there because of the wrong tweet :rolleyes:

magichatnumber9
07-03-2010, 08:31 PM
I have no respect for Rupaul. Diva is the perfect word to describe that lady

Big Quett
07-03-2010, 08:32 PM
This is the only chance Chris Bosh will get to feel relevant. After he signs elsewhere he will revert back to being just another guy selected to an All Star team.

Bosh is lucky to have played in Toronto, a major city. Had he played anywhere else he would be another JO in Indiana.

I think JO (in his prime of course) was better than Bosh. Offensively its a wash. But people forget in his prime JO was a dominant defensive presence. And hell probably still better than Bosh defensively.

JiffyMix88
07-03-2010, 08:34 PM
y would anyone care what he does on his spare time when hes on the court i bet hes not thinking about anything but the basketball game... stop making something more than what it is. hes not a diva on the court and thats all that matters its not like hes out there in high heels with a dress hes out there banging so stop :cry:

SA5195
07-03-2010, 08:35 PM
He's a media whore.

This man is documenting his free agent process. Like wtf.

He thinks he deserves attention like Wade and Lebron. He doesn't deserve it though.

Lebron and Wade both went to the finals, one won a ring, and another is a 2 time mvp. You start getting attention when you start winning.

What has Bosh done? Lead us to the playoffs twice in 7 years, and lost in the first round both times. I'm not saying he's bad or anything, he's given it all in his time here, but it wasn't enough.

Sadds The Gr8
07-03-2010, 08:38 PM

:laugh2:

Kakaroach
07-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Yes he has I think. Any organization would take what he's doing right now as very offensive. We drafted you and paid you for your whole career, and now you go and tweet and take pictures? I wouldn't do a S&T if I were the Raps either.

FOBolous
y would anyone care what he does on his spare time when hes on the court i bet hes not thinking about anything but the basketball game... stop making something more than what it is. hes not a diva on the court and thats all that matters its not like hes out there in high heels with a dress hes out there banging so stop :cry:

:clap:

JiffyMix88
He's a media whore.

This man is documenting his free agent process. Like wtf.

He thinks he deserves attention like Wade and Lebron. He doesn't deserve it though.

Lebron and Wade both went to the finals, one won a ring, and another is a 2 time mvp. You start getting attention when you start winning.

What has Bosh done? Lead us to the playoffs twice in 7 years, and lost in the first round both times. I'm not saying he's bad or anything, he's given it all in his time here, but it wasn't enough.

bosh has never been on a team where ppl predicted that he would make it to the finals or win a championship lebron and wade have been on teams that good but its good to hear the raptors fans wont miss him

ink
07-03-2010, 08:45 PM

Fair comparison IMO.

The irony is that if Bryan Colangelo hadn't talked to his Dad Jerry to include Bosh on the US Olympic team, none of this superteam ******** would have ever happened. Bosh at the time was a fringe All Star and BC wanted him to get some high level experience with the best so he got a chance to improve. Unfortunately the main thing that grew from that experience was his head.

He's a good player and he's given 7 very dedicated years to the Raptors but this is a disappointing showing from him now.

FOBolous
07-03-2010, 08:48 PM
But seriously i don't know why people have such a problem with bosh tweeting. He's just doing what everyone else in the world is doing. I mean...have you seen your Facebook lately and all the status update? Really..it's not that big of a deal. I think you're a Paris Hilton for making a big deal out of this.

The Jokemaker
07-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Bosh has been a diva but can you blame him? When the media hypes you up as superstar, guess what youre going to act like?

I don't think he's an A-list superstar. He is a good player yes but he isn't going to be the centerpiece that wins you a title unless that team is full of players with above average talent (04 Pistons). I'd compare him to Pau Gasol, nothing that special alone but if playing with a legitimate superstar, is a great piece.

shep33
07-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Pretty annoying for a player who isn't worth a max IMO.

Don't get me wrong he's a great player, but not on Kobe, LBJ, or Wade's level... and not close IMO.

LE-SHAQ
07-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Why is everyone hating. He hasnt said anything disrespectful or stupid. This is a social media age twitter and all that stuff is everday for the young fans. You always talk about "the kids" well tweeting and facebook is for the kids and the fans. On the court He is all about business so leave him along. Toronto will accept a sign and trade they are just trying to control him. They need the pieces and the cap savings.

ink
07-03-2010, 08:59 PM
It's not that he's on twitter. Everyone is on twitter. If he wants a deal to get done he has to communicate with his old team, not with his fans. That's the problem.

Omar Little
07-03-2010, 09:00 PM
I'll still take him and give him a max deal. He's worth it.

SA5195
07-03-2010, 09:01 PM
bosh has never been on a team where ppl predicted that he would make it to the finals or win a championship lebron and wade have been on teams that good but its good to hear the raptors fans wont miss him

Oh we'll miss him alright, but he's leaving some of us with a bitter taste.

People are hating on him cause he's basically not showing any interest except for the FA meetings.

BC said on an interview that he was trying to get a hold of him, but didn't happen, he also said that Bosh's agent couldn't even get a hold of him (I think)

Basically he's not communicating with the team.

SA5195
07-03-2010, 09:04 PM
So why are u so sad? Bosh is a beast and they shouldn't even let canadian teams in basketball... you guys kick ***** in hockey. You should be happy you even have a team and stop whining

Nevermind

JiffyMix88
07-03-2010, 09:04 PM

People are hating on him cause he's basically not showing any interest except for the FA meetings.

BC said on an interview that he was trying to get a hold of him, but didn't happen, he also said that Bosh's agent couldn't even get a hold of him (I think)

yeah i see the raptors are bitter toward him because they said they're not gonna do a sign and trade just because they dont want him to get a max deal lmao

ne3xchamps
07-03-2010, 09:06 PM
I'll still take him and give him a max deal. He's worth it.

damn right he is worth it!:D

Knowledge
07-03-2010, 09:07 PM

JO in his prime and Bosh were similar but:

If Last year is what Bosh is than Bosh is better than JO.While JO was better defensively, Bosh is not bad and JO isnt good enough to make up for the offensive difference. In O'Neals best years he put up points, but he didnt shoot well enough from field for a big.

IMO Toronto is the one who will come out the real loser if they let him walk for nothing. I think their team is pretty bad (no offense Rap fans, my 76ers were lighting the world on fire either last year) and without Chris bosh I dont see it getting better any time soon. They need to trade him and get some value back. I think he covered up a lot of holes and that is saying a lot seeing as how they weren't that good last year.

If Im a Raps fan I want the FO to trade him and get some young players back.

SA5195
07-03-2010, 09:07 PM
yeah i see the raptors are bitter toward him because they said they're not gonna do a sign and trade just because they dont want him to get a max deal lmao

I think they said that to get Bosh's attention.

ink
07-03-2010, 09:09 PM
IMO Toronto is the one who will come out the real loser if they let him walk for nothing. I think their team is pretty bad (no offense Rap fans, my 76ers were lighting the world on fire either last year) and without Chris bosh I dont see it getting better any time soon.

If Im a Raps fan I want the FO to trade him and get some young players back.

That's why the FO is taking this position. They want to get some young players back but all the suitors want to do is clear cap space by shedding bad contracts right? They're making it clear that they will not accept those bad contracts and they will not facilitate the creation of any super teams by giving those teams the cap space in the first place. They're not going to let themselves be used in that way.

If they got nothing for Bosh and tanked next year they would be on the road to a complete rebuild. That's not necessarily a bad last option. Much better than being capped out with someone else's discard players.

dodie53
07-03-2010, 09:11 PM
bosh said that he is a centerpiece right?

shep33
07-03-2010, 09:16 PM

Wasn't he a centerpiece in Toronto? That didn't turn out so great.

The thing that Bosh has to realize is that he's not going to win any rings if he's the main guy on his team... just won't happen. You put him in Houston, they're still not as good as LA.

CB4 needs to play with a Wade or Bron or Rose even to go deep in the playoffs.

Again I like Bosh, but I think he's being overhyped a bit in this offseason coming off a great season (contract year) for a team that should've made the playoffs.

Knowledge
07-03-2010, 09:21 PM
That's why the FO is taking this position. They want to get some young players back but all the suitors want to do is clear cap space by shedding bad contracts right? They're making it clear that they will not accept those bad contracts and they will not facilitate the creation of any super teams by giving those teams the cap space in the first place. They're not going to let themselves be used in that way.

If they got nothing for Bosh and tanked next year they would be on the road to a complete rebuild. That's not necessarily a bad last option. Much better than being capped out with someone else's discard players.

Good point. I didn't really think about it like that.

ink
07-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Good point. I didn't really think about it like that.

After I posted my response to you I found this article by Chad Ford. That's the way he's looking at it too. It's all strategy. I just started a thread about it here ...

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503501

Like it or not, it appears that Bosh is the guy that the top level FAs want as a sidekick. That's not really too shabby. I mean, how many players are in that position in the league?

MaHaRaJaH
07-03-2010, 09:32 PM

How the **** so?

LTBaByyy
07-03-2010, 09:36 PM

Yeah true, but JO was better in his prime!! Stats and acheivements prove that

FOBolous
07-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Honestly Toronto should accept Houston's package. They get a solid player in scola whose contract expires next year, a good defender in ariza and/or battier, and NY's first round picks to help them rebuilt. It doesn't get any better than that.

DaoudS
07-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Honestly Toronto should accept Houston's package. They get a solid player in scola whose contract expires next year, a good defender in ariza and/or battier, and NY's first round picks to help them rebuilt. It doesn't get any better than that.

Scola is a restricted free agent.

ink
07-03-2010, 09:48 PM

I'm hoping that some version of a deal without Scola can be worked out. To me the HOU deal is the best possible option:

- gets Bosh out of the East
- blocks the creation of a superteam
- doesn't create a monster the Raptors have to deal with for years
- much fairer situation
- Raptors get value, Rockets get value

_KB24_
07-03-2010, 09:51 PM
He couldn't lead a decent team to the playoffs even in the depleted Eastern Conference. The guy is way too full of himself. Bynum will end up having the better career than this fool.

FOBolous
07-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Scola is a restricted free agent.

He is. That's why his contract expires next year.

DaoudS
07-03-2010, 10:16 PM
He is. That's why his contract expires next year.

He would have to agree to the S&T and Raptors already have a plethora of PF on their roster. I don't see him as part of the deal, unless there are 3 teams involved.

Mochalman
07-03-2010, 10:17 PM

no team will win if bosh is the center piece.

Omar Little
07-03-2010, 10:38 PM

Ya but the thing is, in order to be a centerpiece, that means you need pieces around you. Bosh has never had much of a supporting cast. The Raptors have looked like the Greece national team for the past few years. Its just been him and a bunch of squirrely foreign guys, and while they occasionally show flashes of scrappy talent, in the end they're just average players.

tr3ymill3r
07-04-2010, 12:11 AM
On the ESPN ticker it said Bosh had met with the Bulls, Knicks, Nets and others, yet none have offered him a contract. You don't see LeBron or Wade posting tweets every minute on what they ate, it's just him. I feel as if it shows maturity, the social networks are for kids and stalking, (not for stalking kids). As we've seen off the court issues matter just as much these days...look at Arenas, Plaxico Burress, Mike Vick, the list goes on and on. You don't want a player who could potentially be more interested to who is flaming him on the forums and twitter than putting up 20/10.

rhino17
07-04-2010, 12:17 AM
I for one dont want him near my team, the guy is full of himself. It would be different if he produced on the court, but he doesn'y

ink
07-04-2010, 12:27 AM
On the ESPN ticker it said Bosh had met with the Bulls, Knicks, Nets and others, yet none have offered him a contract. You don't see LeBron or Wade posting tweets every minute on what they ate, it's just him. I feel as if it shows maturity, the social networks are for kids and stalking, (not for stalking kids). As we've seen off the court issues matter just as much these days...look at Arenas, Plaxico Burress, Mike Vick, the list goes on and on. You don't want a player who could potentially be more interested to who is flaming him on the forums and twitter than putting up 20/10.

I for one dont want him near my team, the guy is full of himself. It would be different if he produced on the court, but he doesn'y

I wouldn't get too carried away. Bosh is a very solid individual. He's just a bit naive. He's always been very professional for all of his seven years with Toronto. It's just that he's like a kid in a candy shop right now. It'll wear off when the season starts.

MaHaRaJaH
07-04-2010, 01:00 AM
I wouldn't get too carried away. Bosh is a very solid individual. He's just a bit naive. He's always been very professional for all of his seven years with Toronto. It's just that he's like a kid in a candy shop right now. It'll wear off when the season starts.

His unquestioned loyalty during his tenure in Toronto is obviously a cancer to a clubhouse to some of these people :laugh2:

Hell even our OWN

DP06
07-04-2010, 11:38 AM
If he ever wants to be a Superstar in this league, he should stay with the raps and have that passion KG has

Im a Raptor fan and I honestly think Chris has worn out his welcome in Toronto....at this point I don't give a crap what he does or where he goes.

Tony_Starks
07-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Bosh just strikes me as a young dude thats just having fun and really enjoying all the attention. There's nothing wrong with that but there's still a certain way to go about it. I'm pretty sure management would rather hear about whats going on from him directly instead of reading it off the net.

If he was just walking away this is all good but since he needs them to cooperate to get a sign and trade he really needs to get back on the same page with Torronto.

king4day
07-04-2010, 02:28 PM
I laughed at the notion that bosh visits this website. Nobody I know has heard of this sit e when I bring it up. Doubt bosh has or visits it

aman_13
07-04-2010, 03:31 PM
LMAO at everyone getting all worked up because of some tweets. There are a lot of bandwagon Bosh fans on this site.

sunnydayin'zona
07-04-2010, 03:54 PM
ITS TRUE, HE IS RUPAUL!

ask shaq. bosh is so overrated

sunnydayin'zona
07-04-2010, 03:55 PM

lawls

SANDBURG23
07-04-2010, 04:11 PM
I sure hope he did.

joshhorvath
07-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Good Riddens he's gonna leave Toronto, i dont want him back... Time to rebuild and become a good team.. Who knows, maybe Bosh will turn into Vince Carter and do shiiit in his new place and not do good anywere he goes, knowing the place he only did good was in Toronto.

shen
07-04-2010, 06:02 PM
For the record Wade is the one doing the film crew documentary thing. Chris Broussard talked about it last night and mentioned he is making a lot of people in the league upset with him. I don't see where this Diva talk is coming from.

He is also underrated, He has been one of the best bigs last few years while having nothing there to help him. I don't think any of the players deserve even close to the contracts they are getting but if they are there to be had then he should definitely get one.

rhino17
07-04-2010, 06:12 PM

The guy is full of himself. He thinks he is an elite player when all he has proven is that he has no ability to win at the NBA level. The guy is a joke.

blah-blah
07-04-2010, 06:18 PM
get out of town bosh :)

valade16
07-04-2010, 06:25 PM
If he ever wants to be a Superstar in this league, he should stay with the raps and have that passion KG has....
KG intimidates people healthy or not healthy

Bosh is good but being a diva where he wants to be on the same level as lebron and wade. It will never happen when he leaves raps

He will be just a good star in the league, never a superstar

yeah, just like KG! He stayed with the T-wolves and finally won his first championsh..... oh wait.... he DIDN'T stay with the T-wolves, he left for Boston!

I agree, he should pull a KG and go be part of a big 3 on a team that can compete for championships...

ink
07-04-2010, 06:28 PM
The guy is full of himself. He thinks he is an elite player when all he has proven is that he has no ability to win at the NBA level. The guy is a joke.

I can see what you're saying. That's not the way I've seen it watching him for 7 years.

He's immature. He's not full of himself. In fact he craves attention because he's insecure and defines himself by how "popular" he is. We've seen his youtube campaigns to get on the All Star team. He obviously has a problem being out of the spotlight. That doesn't sound like a person who's full of himself.

Strip all that insecurity and need for attention away and you have a guy who could do some damage on a team as a #2 option. He has a lot of skill and determination. If he's paired with a player like Yao he will excel. In fact I can't think of a more perfect match for him. Power on the block with Yao and speed and skill from Bosh. The Rockets would be one of the best rebounding teams in the NBA.

JOSKOMANG4
07-04-2010, 06:36 PM
If Miami winds up gettin the trio of Lebron, Wade, & Boozer... I could see Bosh signing the max contract to go Chicago.

C) Noah
PF) Bosh
SF) Deng
SG) ???
PG) Rose

JordanPippen
07-04-2010, 06:36 PM
It's good to see others feeling the same way. I would take David Lee over Bosh if the Bulls land Lebron. Check sig

mike_noodles
07-04-2010, 06:37 PM
To those of you who don't consider Bosh a "superstar", what does it take to be considered one? A 5 time all star, average a double double? Basically you guys are saying the league only has 3 superstars Kobe, Lebron and Dwayne. I'm a Raptor fan and I can tell you that stay or go, he is a great player. He can hit the jumper with a guy in his face, but if you d up on him, he will blow past you and take it to the bucket, not many (if any at all) in the league have the skill set that this 6'10" guy has, and he plays with heart which is more then I can say for a lot of players on sub .500 teams. Trust me whoever gets him will be very happy with his play. And he doesn't require a parking spot for his mother.

Jays52
07-04-2010, 06:44 PM
And he doesn't require a parking spot for his mother.

I am also a raptor fan and I will also never let this go. LOL

smith&wesson
07-04-2010, 06:44 PM
It's good to see others feeling the same way. I would take David Lee over Bosh if the Bulls land Lebron. Check sig

lee over bosh ? thats crazy talk bro. bosh is way more skilled. you can say alot about bosh and they way he has treated this free agency ... but you cant start comparing him to a guy like lee who played on the knicks and has inlated stats. bosh is ligit. any team would be lucky to have him. but his personality has been very childish as of late.

Verbal Christ
07-04-2010, 10:43 PM
I can see what you're saying. That's not the way I've seen it watching him for 7 years.

He's immature. He's not full of himself. In fact he craves attention because he's insecure and defines himself by how "popular" he is. We've seen his youtube campaigns to get on the All Star team. He obviously has a problem being out of the spotlight. That doesn't sound like a person who's full of himself.

Strip all that insecurity and need for attention away and you have a guy who could do some damage on a team as a #2 option. He has a lot of skill and determination. If he's paired with a player like Yao he will excel. In fact I can't think of a more perfect match for him. Power on the block with Yao and speed and skill from Bosh. The Rockets would be one of the best rebounding teams in the NBA.

i have to disagree, because in bosh the rockets have basically another yao. we really dont need soft, jumpshooting big men, we have those already. i for one dont think that yao is going to come back game 1 owning the paint and playing back to the basket, he's going to have to ease himself back from surgery, and even when fully healthy you cant describe yao's game to be that of 'power'. bosh seems to have a reputation of starting fast and finishing slow, and the rockets dont need that, they need a true, 1st option, last shot taking FINISHER, and with his health question marks and plenty of peoples admission that he's a 2nd option, why shell out a max contract on him? not like our PF position is an area of need quite honestly, and he isnt head and shoulders above even luis scola, who provides pleny of intangibles to make up for the lack of sexy stat lines. houston rocket fans have had to endure the 'me first' attitude of tmac for 7 years damn near, and it just makes me sick how bosh is acting, eerily remiscent of tracy's shenanigans. i know im in the minority of rockets fans, but i like the current team and direction, and would prefer to make a deadline move next year than to overspend like a bad team would on #2 options.

Chronz
07-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Vc can you please stop referring to bosh as a jumpshooting softie when the guys a great slasher who gets to the line. He's a softie on d but yao will fix that problem. And he is clearly head and shoulders better than scola. No amount of intangibles toughness grit all that good stuff could make this a close comparison.

MaHaRaJaH
07-04-2010, 11:51 PM
get out of town bosh :)

Toronto doesn't need you, either.

MaHaRaJaH
07-04-2010, 11:53 PM

:facepalm:

The Raven
07-05-2010, 06:47 AM
Im sure he'll still get a max contract for someone with his talent but, the fact that he seems to be such a diva should put a few teams off cos who needs a player like that no matter how talented

Me and Jack
07-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Bosh is way overrated... He's unproven. No KG.. paired with one or both or the real NBA superstars (future hall of famers Wade and James of coarse) would bring out the best in him but it doesn't make him PAU GASOL.

Unruly Fan
07-05-2010, 08:51 AM
He couldn't lead a decent team to the playoffs even in the depleted Eastern Conference. The guy is way too full of himself. Bynum will end up having the better career than this fool.lol I think someone got a tad bit ahead of themselves.

Unruly Fan
07-05-2010, 08:53 AM
I for one dont want him near my team, the guy is full of himself. It would be different if he produced on the court, but he doesn'yLOL, Is this sarcasm?

Bosh is way overrated... He's unproven. No KG.. paired with one or both or the real NBA superstars (future hall of famers Wade and James of coarse) would bring out the best in him but it doesn't make him PAU GASOL.False claim ^. BOTH Gasol and KG haven't done anything too notable in their careers until they defected to great teams.

Bosh is definitely an above avg player. He may not be on LBJ or Wades level but who else (available) in FA is closer? Bosh is fully aware of this and making the best out of his situation. Totally understandable. He played well during his contract years with the Raps and was as classy as they come. He has my respect still.

Verbal Christ
07-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Vc can you please stop referring to bosh as a jumpshooting softie when the guys a great slasher who gets to the line. He's a softie on d but yao will fix that problem. And he is clearly head and shoulders better than scola. No amount of intangibles toughness grit all that good stuff could make this a close comparison.

and im not trying to discredit the man or anything like that either chron, hard to dispute an end result of 24/10 ... only that for the rockets team, AND ONLY THE ROCKETS TEAM (im sure he could be a great force on plenty other teams) i dont feel as if he's the best fit personally. obviously morey has done enough research to feel otherwise and im not going to second guess the man, but bosh's penchant for fading late in games and sitting out with gimmicky injuries bugs me, his lackadaisical defense bugs me, he doesnt get down and dirty .. and the rockets are all bout hustle and outworking the other team. i digress. bosh may score 10 points more a game and snag a few more boards than luis, but i'll take the 2 or 3 charges,loose balls,blocks and toughness that the ice cream man brings any day of the week (especially at 1/4th the price) and remember also how much morey loves value.

omdigga
07-05-2010, 03:24 PM
bosh may have lost a few fans.. but the kid is gonna get his money.. and the fans he lost during this FA process he will make back in any city he signs with cause that kid can play..

AddiX
07-05-2010, 03:25 PM
I don't love Bosh either, but the disrespect that he is getting for his skills on the court in is completely crazy. The guy is one hell of a player. I admit I think he's soft, but most the people here saying how bad he is seem to of forgotten he's better than anyone on most of your teams.

MaHaRaJaH
07-05-2010, 03:38 PM
and im not trying to discredit the man or anything like that either chron, hard to dispute an end result of 24/10 ... only that for the rockets team, AND ONLY THE ROCKETS TEAM (im sure he could be a great force on plenty other teams) i dont feel as if he's the best fit personally. obviously morey has done enough research to feel otherwise and im not going to second guess the man, but bosh's penchant for fading late in games and sitting out with gimmicky injuries bugs me, his lackadaisical defense bugs me, he doesnt get down and dirty .. and the rockets are all bout hustle and outworking the other team. i digress. bosh may score 10 points more a game and snag a few more boards than luis, but i'll take the 2 or 3 charges,loose balls,blocks and toughness that the ice cream man brings any day of the week (especially at 1/4th the price) and remember also how much morey loves value.

All of which Bosh can do and does :eyebrow:

dtmagnet
07-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Well trying to strong arm the Raptors into taking the Heats garbage trade offer doesn't really go well with a GM.

rufo4100
07-05-2010, 06:06 PM
I still expect Bosh to get his money but he probably could have got the same deal as Amare if he hadnt been more worried about his docudrama!

drobe86
07-05-2010, 07:41 PM
You people are some real haters. Bosh is arguably the best PF in the NBA and has been since he came into the NBA. The guys not as good as Lebron no, but he is on par with Dwayne Wade. I'll take 24 and 10 8 days a week. And all 30 gms in the NBA would too. Not a single one of you clowns wouldn't take Chris Bosh on your team. People just say anything these days.

tr3ymill3r
07-05-2010, 07:47 PM
D-Wade(NBA Champ)>LeBron(Not a Champ).

rhino17
07-05-2010, 08:21 PM

It sounds exactly like a guy who is full of himself.

LOL, Is this sarcasm?

How many winning seasons does this guy have?

mike_noodles
07-06-2010, 11:11 AM

I agree, I'm pretty sure he was in the top ten in the league in FTA/Game, but people who don't watch him night in and night out don't really know much about his game it would seem. Yes he takes alot of jump shots, but he is smart, he knows that once he hits a couple the defence will get up on him and that's when he blows by and gets to the bucket.

MaHaRaJaH
07-06-2010, 11:37 AM
It sounds exactly like a guy who is full of himself.

How :eyebrow:

shen
07-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Again for the record, Wade is the one with the camera crew and documentary thing. If anything Wade is the one who is hurting himself. Don't get me wrong he will still get the max no doubt about it. However he has been making the biggest spectacle of the entire thing and been ticking off people around the league with HIS camera crew. Not to mention he has gone from recruiting people to Miami to now he is talking with Bulls every other day.

shen
07-06-2010, 11:54 AM
How many winning seasons does this guy have?

That is an invalid argument, he has been terrific, it's the rest the team that has been awful. I point to Gasol as evidence that your argument is false. Gasol won how much with the griz? What were the knocks on Gasol when first got to LA? They are just as good as each other if not Bosh being little better.

Punkindrublic03
07-06-2010, 11:57 AM

:clap:

tjlipford
07-06-2010, 12:04 PM
He is definitely a pre-Madonna. Good player but dude is too picky. He us second fiddle next to D Wade or Lebron. He needs to accept that and he forgets that Toronto doesn't have to do a sign and trade so he could make his millions. They could just let him walk and it looks like they are leaning towards that way.

AllTimeBest
07-06-2010, 12:06 PM
I have said all along that Bosh is going to screw himself in free agency. The Knicks already have a PF. The best bet for Bosh is for him to go wherever Wade goes, but that is if that team even wants him over someone like Boozer.

shen
07-06-2010, 12:08 PM
No one should ever take Boozer over Bosh for anything other then salary.

thescore53
07-06-2010, 12:20 PM
How Bosh has managed to transform the public’s perception of him from “good player tired of losing” to “greedy attention-seeking diva” is truly a thing of beauty. All Raptors fans wanted was a little feigned sadness and respect, instead we got a dose of egotism that changed our perception of him for the worse. He has handled the 2010 free-agency period about as poorly as one can. Whereas Dwayne Wade and LeBron James have met with other teams without alienating their existing ones, Chris Bosh has done exactly that. He’s managed to damage, if not burn the bridge with the Raptors 140 characters at a time for no other reason than to shine the light of attention upon him, and it has completely backfired. At LeBron James’ meeting with the Bulls in Cleveland, Cavs fans thronged the streets holding signs and booing the Bulls’ motorcade. Would anybody in Toronto even bother sending him an email asking him to stay? I think not. Even loyal fans have stopped updating their “Chris Bosh, please stay” website, and you can’t blame them.

thescore53
07-06-2010, 12:26 PM
bosh has had one winning season in 7 years in Toronto, i dont know how someone like that gets so much attention, if it wasnt for colangelo telling his dad to put him on the usa team, he still would be a no body(maybe not a nobody but not as popular) that experience also made him a better player,

markbutter
07-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Bosh may or may not be a diva. He'll get his money, but he's waiting for Bron and Wade to decide where they're going and then he'll decide. I sincerely doubt Bron & Wade go to the same team and bring Bosh along. That means Bosh will have to decide between Bron & Wade. I think his fallback plan is with the Rockets.

I also think Toronto will help with a SnT. If for no other reason than to get a trade exception. They don't have to take anyone's garbage to do the deal and they won't take Beasley and I don't think Lee wants to go to Toronto.

With Bron delaying his decision to mid-week and Wade also, fact is Bosh could already have a contract if he wanted one. One of these teams with max cap space, fearing losing out on FA would probably offer him one if he said he'd sign. The fact Bosh doesn't go out right now and tell a team put it in writing and I'll sign, to me IMHO, doesn't show he's an Alpha. He's a follower not a leader. Unless you've got some inside baseball, Chi, NJ, NY (until signing Amare') Miami would all offer a contract right now to Bosh if he said he'd sign.

Amar'e went right out and said, yeah, put it in writing and I'll sign. Phx may work something out, but it does put pressure on Phx and the other FA knowing Amare' now has "his."

tr3ymill3r
07-07-2010, 01:11 AM
I wonder if he'll try and get his own show to announce where he's going to play next year too like LeBron. Oh wait, nobody has even offered him a contract yet LOLOLOLOL.

rhino17
07-07-2010, 01:20 AM
Looks like Bosh is down to 3 teams

Miami
Chicago
Houston

I don't think he can get the max money in Miami because they have nothing to offer Toronto in a trade, so he'll probably chose between the other 2 since all he cares about is money. I bet he goes to the Bulls

40oz
07-07-2010, 01:23 AM
Not a fan but i'd like to see him ming and trevor tho.

Raoul Duke
07-07-2010, 01:25 AM
I feel bad for Toronto fans. You guys deserve better.

rhino17
07-07-2010, 01:32 AM
I feel bad for Toronto fans. You guys deserve better.

If they get a deal done with houston, Raptors fans could feel good about themselves. They would be getting The Knicks next 2 years of first rounders. Seeing how free agency has progressed, those are looking like very high lottery picks at the moment. They could get 2 potential great players and shove it in the face of New York every chance they get. Could be fun.

MaHaRaJaH
07-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Looks like Bosh is down to 3 teams

Miami
Chicago
Houston

I don't think he can get the max money in Miami because they have nothing to offer Toronto in a trade, so he'll probably chose between the other 2 since all he cares about is money. I bet he goes to the Bulls

I would much rather have Bosh walk for free and let some other team deal with his money, than having him traded for another team's trash.

If they get a deal done with houston, Raptors fans could feel good about themselves. They would be getting The Knicks next 2 years of first rounders. Seeing how free agency has progressed, those are looking like very high lottery picks at the moment. They could get 2 potential great players and shove it in the face of New York every chance they get. Could be fun.

That is the best case scenario.

Chronz
07-07-2010, 07:21 AM
Hustle and grit dont exceed talent and skill. Rockets not having to work so hard for every win will make them a better team in the long run.

Verbal Christ
07-07-2010, 11:00 AM
hustle and grit is what the last few minutes of the 4th quarter are all about dude.

OT Thriller
07-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Well I guess he didnt now lol.

Chronz
07-07-2010, 12:45 PM
hustle and grit is what the last few minutes of the 4th quarter are all about dude.

Disagree but even so, last few minutes of a 4th quarter isnt going to change anyones mind. Like Morey says, great teams dont win close games they avoid him.

Ill take the skilled team that can coast to 60 than the all out effort team that maxes out at .500

Verbal Christ
07-07-2010, 01:43 PM
^ toushay! but dont let it be a 6th seed backed into survival mode going against the fat 60 win team, results could be eyebrow raising.

Chronz
07-07-2010, 03:00 PM
I see what you mean, your saying Bosh is that kind of useless if hes not coasting