PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinions

aheili30
07-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Alright, before I lay this upon you, I want to say a few things:

-I'm an avid North Dakota fan (who bred Parise and Zajac)
-I'm a fan of the Blackhawks as well (Devils are my favorite Eastern team, but the Hawks top 'em)
-I know you'll completely disagree, but hear me out

OK, so, I brought up this idea in the Hawks forum, and people don't like my idea whatsover.

My idea was to trade Patrick Kane for Zach Parise.

WHY THIS WORKS FOR NJ: The Devils would guarantee they have a star forward for years down the road in Patrick Kane. He's also younger and has a very high ceiling. With the chances of losing both Kovy and Parise (although unlikely, it's still possible), New Jersey wouldn't have to worry about resigning Parise, and can then let Kovy go. Kane makes a little more than $6M per, which is very fair for a player of his capabilities.

WHY IT DOESN'T WORK: Parise is the face of the franchise alongside Brodeur. It would be devastating to many fans to lose him, and that's the same for Chicago with Kane. But, sometimes it's just better for both sides to do a deal like this. Fans would grow to like Kane in NJ, and same with Parise in Chicago.

WHY CHICAGO SHOULD DO IT: It saves them $3M in cap space for this coming season, which would be huge for them. The downside is they would then have to try and resign Parise. However, if they can get him for a Kane-like price, then they essentially didn't lose anything salary wise come future seasons.

What do you think? Consider this thread a compliment rather than a negative one.

(PS, how 'bout you guys get Patrick Sharp and we get Travis Zajac too ;) )

Do0msday
07-03-2010, 06:02 PM
There's absolutely zero chance this would happen. Parise is just too valuable to the Devils. He's the newer, younger face of the franchise, and he's got a huge fan base. The team will never part with him for something like that. I realize Kane is a few years younger, but Parise has already had a better individual career than Kane (2 seasons ago Parise had just under 100 points). Parise is a better finisher than Kane and just fits the Devils system much better than Kane would.

That's not saying Kane is bad at all, because he's very talented and young, but Parise just means too much to this team to trade. Devils fans are extremely loyal to their homegrown talent after all ;)

BossMagglio
07-04-2010, 02:32 AM
No. Kane is overrated, I'd rather have Parise.

aheili30
07-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Right, you guys are both correct, Parise is the better player...it's obvious to any serious hockey fan outside of Chicago. The main positive for the trade would be because Parise only has a year left on his contract, and who knows what will happen. What if he decides he doesn't want to remain in NJ, then the Devils are left without any star forward whereas if they made the trade, they'd lock up a great young player for a long time, even if he isn't quite as good as Parise.

Do0msday
07-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Right, you guys are both correct, Parise is the better player...it's obvious to any serious hockey fan outside of Chicago. The main positive for the trade would be because Parise only has a year left on his contract, and who knows what will happen. What if he decides he doesn't want to remain in NJ, then the Devils are left without any star forward whereas if they made the trade, they'd lock up a great young player for a long time, even if he isn't quite as good as Parise.

I don't think Parise will go anywhere. I think he likes it here and I think he'll eventually get rewarded with a long term deal. Parise is definitely better in my eyes, especially because he just fits, but Kane is definitely a good playmaker in his own right. I'd love to somehow have both on this team, but that'll never happen.

Bluffmasta
07-06-2010, 12:08 PM
dumb move for chicago, even if it saves them money parise contract is up, and then chicago would have to resign to a similar contract to kane. Kane is great up and comer who has chemistry with Towes why mess that up. Parasi imo is gone after this season if Kovalchuck is resigned.

aheili30
07-06-2010, 04:33 PM
To be honest, I don't feel that chemistry of Kane with Toews. They are two completely different types of players. Kane likes the puck and likes to dance around with it until he loses it and then the puck is heading back the other way. I think Parise would be a perfect fit with a guy like Toews. They both can grind and get dirty, and Parise is a better finisher than Kane. With a guy like Toews winning faceoffs and his passing ability, I think Parise would have his best chance at 50+ goals.

blueman2424
07-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Sometimes I feel like the reason most trade proposals don't work is because they're simply unnecessary. I don't think there's much room for improvement in New Jersey over Parise; certainly not enough to justify trading a player that the fans love.

As the saying goes, "If it ain't broke..."

NYJshane88
07-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Yeah that's not happening lol. I do love Kane but he's not Parise. Zach is great at both ends, he's mature beyond his years, and is a lock for future captain. Plus he's the face of the team and prob the most loved Devil of all time aside from Brodeur and Stevens. If not yet, he's well on his way to that status. I can't see him ever leaving the Devils cuz I don't think Lou would allow it.

Even goin after Kovy now, he's gotta know in the back of his mind to have a plan to re-sign Zach next year or the fans will kill him. If you polled every Devils fan alive and said ok you only have enough money to keep 1 of them, do you want Zach or Kovy? You wouldn't get 1 person to say Kovy.

JetsYanksDevils
07-09-2010, 12:27 AM
No way theyres no point of the deal because there arguably as good as one another and its not worth it for a couple years younger. Parise is the face of NJ, Kane is the face of CHI u dont swap them theres really no point

aheili30
07-10-2010, 03:57 AM
Wow, you guys can't read either. It isn't about the pure talent. EVERYONE and their mom knows Parise is better. Kane is great, but he's still no Parise.

The proposal is there because New Jersey would have a great forward locked up for years to come, whereas Parise isn't a lock to re-sign with New Jersey after next year.

It's basically:

Guarantee yourself Kane for years to come
OR
Only get the guarantee of having Parise for one more year

If you lose Parise, THEN what do you have?

It's like the trade rumor from awhile back where there were talks about trading Pujols for Ryan Howard in baseball. Both are faces of their franchises that fans love. Both are great but Pujols is obviously better. So, where did the rumors come in from it? Well, St. Louis wasn't sure if they could keep Pujols around after his contract, but they could guarantee themselves an All-Star 1st baseman in Howard if they made the trade, and have him locked up for a long time to come.

Yikes...

Parisefan09
07-11-2010, 01:35 PM
I think if that trade ever did happen (which it won't) the devils would come out on the better side because in a year if the blackhawks cant keep parise then he can go where ever he wants to and chicago just basicly lost a lot of talent on the wing.

aheili30
07-14-2010, 04:26 AM
I think if that trade ever did happen (which it won't) the devils would come out on the better side because in a year if the blackhawks cant keep parise then he can go where ever he wants to and chicago just basicly lost a lot of talent on the wing.

Right, but the same could be said about NJ if the trade never takes place...that's why trading him now does make a bit of sense.

I agree, it never will happen, but I don't think it's a bad trade by any means. The reason I say Chicago should do it is because I think Parise would like it in Chicago and then re-sign with them. He's closer to home, on a team where he can showcase his offensive skills, and be on a team that is going to be in the Stanley Cup Finals for multiple more seasons in the next decade.

Parisefan09
07-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Thats true but i still can just never seeing this deal happen.Both players are basicly the face of thier franchises and have a huge fan following on thier current teams

deke173
07-23-2010, 01:43 AM
Kane is a dirtbag! Parise is an incredible two-way player, second only to Pavel Datsuyk. He is the Devils system in a nut shell. He is loved in NJ and he loves it here way to much to leave. EVERYONE who plays in NJ praises this organization. Elias took less money to stay here and spurrned the Rangers deal. Arnott is happy to be back, Holik came back, Rolston also, Claude Lemeiux, Jacques Lemaire and now Kovy! Players always talk about coming back to NJ when they are gone and they love it here. Lou is the best GM in all of sports and he will keep Parise here along with Kovy! Kane can stay in Chicago with his homosexual mullet!