PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Want To Pair Parker With Amar'e

FaM0us Skins
07-03-2010, 01:50 PM
The Knicks are expected to try and pry Tony Parker away from the Spurs in order to pair him with Amar'e Stoudemire.

A person close to both players told the New York Daily News that Parker and Stoudemire have talked about playing together in either New York or Miami.

"It's perfect for Tony because he wants to be in New York and he wants to play with Amar'e," said the source.

The Knicks need a point guard to play with Stoudemire, who will reportedly finalize a huge contract with New York this weekend.

New York has contacted New Orleans about Chris Paul and there are free agent options such as Raymond Felton and Luke Ridnour.

http://www.mvptexas.com/featured-news/534-knicks-looking-to-snag-tony-parker-for-amare.html

hugepatsfan
07-03-2010, 01:51 PM
He would help in NY. Not a championship team, but good enough to help make the East less of a joke.

R_O_W_E
07-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Why does Parker want to leave SA?

Kakaroach
07-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Why does Parker want to leave SA? Because the Pop loves George Hill, and there were some trade rumors flying around after they got knocked out of the playoffs. Anyway, Parker isn't the ideal PG for a guy like Amare.

NYKalltheway
07-03-2010, 01:58 PM
His wife wants to be in New York or LA...

knickfan4life
07-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Why does Parker want to leave SA?

b/c they are trying to use george hill and dont want to pay parker after this season (his contract year) so they may either get rid of him for the right offer, or just let him expire and walk, but spurs are smart, they will trade him to get something back

Raidaz4Life
07-03-2010, 02:00 PM
I think Parker would fit well in Dantoni's offense

newbs001
07-03-2010, 02:02 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/07/03/2010-07-03_parker_has_amare_interest.html

When it dawns on Amar'e Stoudemire that he'll no longer be running the pick-and-roll with Steve Nash, he might not want to join the Knicks. That's why it's Donnie Walsh's job to find Stoudemire a running mate and the player expected to be targeted is Tony Parker.

As the Daily News reported in April, the Spurs' point guard is hoping to be traded to the Knicks and has long wanted to play with Stoudemire. A person close to both players said Stoudemire and Parker hatched a plan to join forces in either Miami or New York.

"It's perfect for Tony because he wants to be in New York and he wants to play with Amar'e," said the source.

Since Parker is under contract with San Antonio, the Knicks would have to work out a trade, which would likely require the club taking back a big contract. A sign-and-trade with David Lee is a possibility, but not likely. The Knicks have also talked to New Orleans about Chris Paul but they don't have the resources to get him.

The top free agent point guard is Charlotte's Raymond Felton, who is highly regarded by the Knicks. Another free agent option is veteran Luke Ridnour, a solid player who is not nearly in the same class as Parker, Paul and Felton.

The Knicks have several trading pieces, including Wilson Chandler and Eddy Curry, the latter of whom has an expiring contract. Curry could have a role on the team with Lee likely gone and Stoudemire stepping into the power forward position.

If Curry is dealt, look for the Knicks to sign a center, with Brendan Haywood at the top of their list. One problem, though, is that Dallas would like to re-sign Haywood, who has also drawn interest from Cleveland and Miami. Heat president Pat Riley is scheduled to meet with Haywood Saturday in North Carolina.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/07/03/2010-07-03_parker_has_amare_interest.html#ixzz0sdxpKQA6

R_O_W_E
07-03-2010, 02:14 PM
b/c they are trying to use george hill and dont want to pay parker after this season (his contract year) so they may either get rid of him for the right offer, or just let him expire and walk, but spurs are smart, they will trade him to get something back

Because the Pop loves George Hill, and there were some trade rumors flying around after they got knocked out of the playoffs. Anyway, Parker isn't the ideal PG for a guy like Amare.

The danger of being an expirer. This what guys like Pierce didn't want to see happen to them.

It seems like once you have 1 year left, fans start thinking about a life without a specific player.

Evolution23
07-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Amare, Parker, LBJ

sounds good to me. pretty much a done deal, the dominos will fall in place now.

Cromedome
07-03-2010, 02:27 PM
How does this happen? We trade Wilson and Curry?

coloradobuff
07-03-2010, 02:29 PM
parker and amare = 6th seed in east..big whoop

Hellcrooner
07-03-2010, 02:39 PM
i guess they get parker and stou and wait the year for melo'

but what do they have that spurs could want=? lee=? currys expiringˇ? pichs? chandler?

BkOriginalOne
07-03-2010, 02:52 PM
It's obviously gonna be a David Lee Sign and Trade, no way the Spurs tale Curry.

Joshtd1
07-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Lol, Amare cant want Parker all he wants...just not going to happen this year.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-03-2010, 03:46 PM
I heard Pops loves David Lee. So it could work.

SpursEvolution
07-03-2010, 03:52 PM
NY has good pieces to offer. Gallinari an Curry. Curry exp. could be nice at deadline.

gwrighter
07-03-2010, 03:54 PM
nice pair up two sub-par defenders. almost as bad as jose calderon and CB4

king4day
07-03-2010, 04:48 PM
If NY can't get a distributing PG of some sort (they at least shoulda gone for Blake), then getting Amar'e is kinda useless. He needs someone to play off of. He isn't a back to the basket post man. Paker could be an ok get but not if it means giving up Gallinari. If they can do a Lee sign and trade or Curry/Chandler, then go for it. But if not, they'll need someone like Felton to hold them over.

Evolution23
07-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Curry plus Chandler will work

iHoop
07-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Pass on Curry.
I like Chandlers game but I can't see where the Spurs would give up TP for him. I know Spurs need a big man but if Splitter comes over he would take care of a huge hole in our line up. If we take any deal from NY it would have to involve D Lee.

Rocco007
07-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Wearing a Yankees cap and leaning against a building on Eighth Ave., as he waited for his limo to pick him up from the musical "Rock of Ages," the free-agent forward confirmed that he will be meeting with the Knicks Monday, possibly to make a deal.

Then he dropped a bombshell that seemed too good to be true:

"I've talked to Carmelo Anthony that he needs to come out here," Stoudemire said. "I've talked to Tony Parker. Both guys are ready to join me if I decide to come here. So we will see if we can work it out."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/07/03/2010-07-03_amare_rocks_on_bway.html#ixzz0sj0AMpaL

----------------------------------------
Strategically, it could be possible...San Antonio would have to really consider a David Lee Sign and trade...and Melo can either force a trade involving Curry's expiring contract and pieces or just wait until next summer...

Tony Parker

Carmelo Anthony

Amare' Stoudemire

Nice Trio!

nuggetsyankees
07-04-2010, 10:50 AM
even if the Nuggets get David Lee in the deal they still wouldn't do it

especially knowing that you're helping create a dynasty elsewhere for nothing in return

NYK|NYY
07-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Wouldn't 'Melo have to take a pay cut as well? It sounds good 'till the players see the contracts they're going to get. We would have to move Gallo/pick/David Lee or something close to that.

NFLNBA
07-04-2010, 11:14 AM
LOL Melo can go out there next year but he wont be in a Knicks Jersey this year

avrpatsfan
07-04-2010, 11:18 AM
That would be a beast team.

redwhitenblue
07-04-2010, 11:20 AM
:laugh2: Yes Amar'e, everyone is dying to play with you!

D2theJ
07-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Yeah don't see how the Knicks have the players to trade for both. They'd have to trade everyone they have under contract plus picks.

KnicksorBust
07-04-2010, 11:33 AM
I love Amar'e's confidence. He was made for NY. Carmelo is too much of a longshot imo but David Lee for Tony Parker would be interesting for both teams.

sintaks12
07-04-2010, 11:46 AM
LOL Melo can go out there next year but he wont be in a Knicks Jersey this year

It would have to be a trade. NY can't sign him outright next year even though they have Curry's 11M coming off the cap.

Evolution23
07-04-2010, 11:58 AM
it might not happen this year but next year i could def see melo on the Knicks

m26555
07-04-2010, 12:05 PM
That would be a pretty awful team defensively, but they'd certainly score like the Suns.

Kakaroach
07-04-2010, 12:10 PM
As of right now Melo is too out there. Denver won't trade him until the dead-line but thats irrelevant cuz he'll sign that extension soon with the new CBA coming out next year. Lee for Parker is interesting, but is Lee the big man the Spurs need next to Duncan?

And yeah, Amare seems pretty confident.

LakersIn5
07-04-2010, 12:11 PM
even if the Nuggets get David Lee in the deal they still wouldn't do it

especially knowing that you're helping create a dynasty elsewhere for nothing in return

atleast better than getting nothing in return for melo when he leaves via free agency next year

FrenchSunsFan
07-04-2010, 12:15 PM
NYouloose

infernoscurse
07-04-2010, 12:19 PM
this just in..........

TheNBAtwittersource

A source close to me told me he was eating a hotdog down in 4th ave where this limo parked next to them, to his surprise it was amare stoudemire. After some chit chat about NY and his contract he reached out to say, i talked to albert pujols and Troy polamalu, they said they want to play with me here in NY.

:D

RaiderLakersA's
07-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Aren't we tired of these "super team" scenarios yet?

tdunk21
07-04-2010, 12:30 PM
BS amare......

The Raven
07-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Who the hell wants to play with no defense amare?

arkanian215
07-04-2010, 01:46 PM
hmm... It's not tampering if Amar'e goes out and tries to recruit guys who are still under contract?

Mudvayne91
07-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I love Melo, but he's not known for giving his all on defense. You add Amare to the mix and you've pretty much got two lazy players on the defensive side. If Melo is serious about winning championships, playing with Amare isn't the way to go.

marlinsfan24
07-04-2010, 02:01 PM
hmm... It's not tampering if Amar'e goes out and tries to recruit guys who are still under contract?

That's exactly what I was thinking...

Thisisouryear!!
07-04-2010, 02:03 PM
This team will probably happen either this year or most likely next season....Unless of course LBJ decdes he wants to play in NY

td0tsfinest
07-04-2010, 02:15 PM
It would be a nice trio except

Parker told a French newspaper last week that Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said he isn’t going anywhere.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pro_sports/basketball/knicks/070410_Once_LeBron_chooses_Knicks_others_could_see _flurry_of_activity.html

Amare is being Boom Dizzled.

king4day
07-04-2010, 02:20 PM

He's not on team right now so there's no way to tamper

RollinDeep
07-04-2010, 02:21 PM
It would definitely be tampering if it were front office guys saying it

Thisisouryear!!
07-04-2010, 02:25 PM
King4day, bit of a front runner are you....

STAT1
07-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Amare is all talk. That's how he's been forever. Don't believe anything he says.

sunnydayin'zona
07-04-2010, 02:37 PM
unlike a lot of angry suns fans, amare is still one of my favorite players, and with him on the knicks i'll definitely be rooting for the knicks out of the east next year.

probably an unnecessary post, just had to say it.

ichitownclowni
07-04-2010, 02:59 PM
:laugh2: Yes Amar'e, everyone is dying to play with you!Yp he just the greatest lol.

LakerDynasty85
07-04-2010, 02:59 PM
With Amare saying that Melo and Parker would like to play with him in New York, how can the Knicks Acquire them, would it have to come in a trade? Who do they offer? Also, if they do acquire Melo and Parker, can they still get Ellis is that three way trade?

king4day
07-04-2010, 03:01 PM
King4day, bit of a front runner are you....

Worthless post. Don't question my fan hood.

arkanian215
07-04-2010, 03:07 PM
He's not on team right now so there's no way to tamper

But the thing is, these guys he's trying to get are still under contract.

king4day
07-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Lee for parker. They don't have enough to trade for melo so it'll have to be via free agency. I think Ellis could be had for curry and gallo but its not worth it.

REALLYYYYY?
07-04-2010, 03:11 PM
i don't think this will happen

Oefarmy2005
07-04-2010, 03:12 PM
They, can't.

abe_froman
07-04-2010, 03:13 PM
only in a nyer's fantasy could they

king4day
07-04-2010, 03:13 PM
But the thing is, these guys he's trying to get are still under contract.

Good point. I doubt they can prove thAt anyway. Wonder what penalties they'd incur

RipVW
07-04-2010, 03:15 PM
With Amare saying that Melo and Parker would like to play with him in New York, how can the Knicks Acquire them, would it have to come in a trade? Who do they offer? Also, if they do acquire Melo and Parker, can they still get Ellis is that three way trade?

They dont have anything to offer. Thats one of the drawbacks of tearing down your roster for clearing cap space.

If Im Denver, theres no way Id want Gallo/Chandler/Douglas/Curry for Carmelo Anthony.

DaoudS
07-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Carmelo can't be had via trade, but maybe through free agency. Tony Parker on the other hand, might be acquired for Wilson Chandler, Galo and picks.

29$JerZ
07-04-2010, 03:18 PM
They dont have anything to offer. Thats one of the drawbacks of tearing down your roster for clearing cap space.

If Im Denver, theres no way Id want Gallo/Chandler/Douglas/Curry for Carmelo Anthony.

Not to mention they want a ransom for Melo since its hard to replace a Top 5-8 player like him.

Knicks and every other team are better off waiting until next summer for a chance in Melo. No way they trade him this season and expect anything close to equal.

LakerDynasty85
07-04-2010, 03:22 PM
So basically Amare is dreaming and talking nonsense? NY can't even take on Melos and Parkers contracts since there under the salary cap? Lee for Parker for Chandler and Currys expiring contract and Douglas?

REALLYYYYY?
07-04-2010, 03:29 PM
magic.

...that is how they can get them.

goose15
07-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Carmelo can't be had via trade, but maybe through free agency. Tony Parker on the other hand, might be acquired for Wilson Chandler, Galo and picks.

I wouldnt trade Gallinari straight up for Parker.

LakerDynasty85
07-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Maybe Chandler for Parker? Wouldn't Pop want another SF since Jefferson did a horrible job in SA. Lee and Douglas for Melo? I think that would leave NY with like 3 million left in salary cap too.

abe_froman
07-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Maybe Chandler for Parker? Wouldn't Pop want another SF since Jefferson did a horrible job in SA. Lee and Douglas for Melo? I think that would leave NY with like 3 million left in salary cap too.

den would laugh easily,maybe s.a. to

look the only way the knicks could get melo is when he's a f.a.(if they keep caproom from this year)

NYKalltheway
07-04-2010, 03:45 PM
We can't.

It's either get Stoudemire and another guy this year, or wait for next season to get Melo(if he doesn't extend) and Parker. A max this year eliminates the chances of us getting another great player, unless Gallinari transforms into some version of Nowitzki(or at least one of the Top 20 players in the league) and we can trade him for Melo, who needs to have his mind on leaving(so that the Nuggets could trade him)

So, chances are like 0.01%, and that's still a lot

infernoscurse
07-04-2010, 03:47 PM
they can trade charles oakley for carmelo and then send herb wiilliams for parker

R_O_W_E
07-04-2010, 03:48 PM
They cant.

New York would be a team full of offense since Melo, Parker, or Amare can play defense.

REALLYYYYY?
07-04-2010, 03:52 PM
maybe they could kidnap them.

Mudvayne91
07-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Even if Melo leaves Den and is a FA, I don't think NY is a lock. As it seems now, he's the top FA in the 2011, so there will be several suitors. The Knicks don't have near enough to get him through trade, so I don't see that as a option. And this is all under the impression he doesn't resign.

R_O_W_E
07-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Even if Melo leaves Den and is a FA, I don't think NY is a lock. As it seems now, he's the top FA in the 2011, so there will be several suitors. The Knicks don't have near enough to get him through trade, so I don't see that as a option. And this is all under the impression he doesn't resign.

If Melo doesnt sign an extension he is an idiot.

Denver fans have given him the benefit of the doubt through his idiocy on the court, multiple arrests, and Stop Snitching. The only other city I think that would embrace him the same way is DC and thats due to Baltimore being in driving distance.

Melo needs to stop thinking he is LeBron or Wade. He is not anywhere near as marketable as both of those guys. So why try to force your way to a major market? :shrug:

magichatnumber9
07-04-2010, 04:09 PM
This is no video game

SANDBURG23
07-04-2010, 04:10 PM
If all three want to play together they sign amare this year. Dont add any players with more than 1 year deal and sign Carmelo and Parker next year. They both will be FA's next year. The big FA plan would take 2 years now but it would still work. Also a new CB agreement might lower the max salary next year, making the cap space go farther also.

RipVW
07-04-2010, 04:12 PM
If Melo doesnt sign an extension he is an idiot.

Denver fans have given him the benefit of the doubt through his idiocy on the court, multiple arrests, and Stop Snitching. The only other city I think that would embrace him the same way is DC and thats due to Baltimore being in driving distance.

Melo needs to stop thinking he is LeBron or Wade. He is not anywhere near as marketable as both of those guys. So why try to force your way to a major market? :shrug:

Spot on. I agree with this. Maybe if Philly trades Turner and Iguodala. But what you say is the problem I have with him. Carmelo is good enough to be elite but he's not James/Bryant/Wade.

shep33
07-04-2010, 04:26 PM
they can trade charles oakley for carmelo and then send herb wiilliams for parker

hahaha

Put in Anthony Mason for Kobe and Pau.

R_O_W_E
07-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Spot on. I agree with this. Maybe if Philly trades Turner and Iguodala. But what you say is the problem I have with him. Carmelo is good enough to be elite but he's not James/Bryant/Wade.

Hes not just not on their level as a player. But Melo isnt on their level as an endorser. Excluding Kobe because hes a douche with a vendetta against media, but Bron and Wade and Dwight are great endorsers for companies.

All 3 are class individuals and dont give you the "thug" feel a guy like Melo gives off. Hes grown up but I dont think he can ever shake that label he received for his actions when he was younger.

The last time Denver sent a guy to NY he came back an alcoholic with an addiction to cocaine.

RipVW
07-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Hes not just not on their level as a player. But Melo isnt on their level as an endorser. Excluding Kobe because hes a douche with a vendetta against media, but Bron and Wade and Dwight are great endorsers for companies.

All 3 are class individuals and dont give you the "thug" feel a guy like Melo gives off. Hes grown up but I dont think he can ever shake that label he received for his actions when he was younger.

The last time Denver sent a guy to NY he came back an alcoholic with an addiction to cocaine.

Plus Carmelo runs his mouth too much. I would say he's top 6. He's one of the second tier of 3, which would be Howard, Anthony, and Durant.

slack_justin
07-04-2010, 04:48 PM
why not keep david lee, and sign amare, and tryu to find a guard. but im not a knicks fan. Just saying lee would make up for amare's lack of rebounding.

knickerbockerny
07-04-2010, 05:15 PM
If Carmelo goes to the Denver brass and states to them that he wants to be traded and he would like to go to the Knicks, Denver would have to oblige or risk losing him for nothing next season. One thing you don't want on your team or in your locker room is an unhappy player.

Other teams can offer better packages than the Knicks, but that is a big gamble, because Melo would have to sign an extension or else he could just leave the team that traded for him high and dry.

The Knicks can use Eddy Curry's expiring contract+ Wilson Chandler+ Gallinari and get the deal done. Or replace Curry with Lee, if the Nuggets want to engage in a long term contract to Lee.

Everything is really in Melo's hands.

Allstar21
07-04-2010, 05:31 PM
i dunno if TP is really all that great

RipVW
07-04-2010, 05:33 PM
If Carmelo goes to the Denver brass and states to them that he wants to be traded and he would like to go to the Knicks, Denver would have to oblige or risk losing him for nothing next season. One thing you don't want on your team or in your locker room is an unhappy player.
Other teams can offer better packages than the Knicks, but that is a big gamble, because Melo would have to sign an extension or else he could just leave the team that traded for him high and dry.

The Knicks can use Eddy Curry's expiring contract+ Wilson Chandler+ Gallinari and get the deal done. Or replace Curry with Lee, if the Nuggets want to engage in a long term contract to Lee.

Everything is really in Melo's hands.

No they dont. Thats silly. NY doesnt have enough ammo to do anything. The Nuggets can get better offers from other teams.

Draco
07-04-2010, 05:33 PM
NY waited two years for the chance to get Lebron and that's not happening. Good luck waiting another year for the chance to get Melo.

draino
07-04-2010, 05:45 PM
if melo was smart he would do everything in his power to get to NY with amare.....
CBA be damed... the only way he can escape the shadow of lebron.....he is a guy that could really benefit from the new york spotlight ( finacially ) ny york could maybe ST lee for parker and get melo next year when curry expires not only that but they have enuff flexbility this season to pick up amare...parker..and maybe a guy like chandler for defensive purposes...ray allen at the 2... a few other decent pieces and then melo next year...

melo and amare inthe front court would be sick....parker running point maybe

parker
allen
melo
amare
chandler
......not bad.....wont happen but it could

JOSKOMANG4
07-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Knicks would have to trade one of their SF's.. either Chandler or Gallo(most likely Chandler)( w/a future 1st rd pick).

C) A'Mare
PF) Gallo
SF) ???
SG) Rautins
PG) Parker

Prediction.. possibly a 40-45 win team.. 6th seed in the East Conference.

goose15
07-04-2010, 06:47 PM
NY has good pieces to offer. Gallinari an Curry. Curry exp. could be nice at deadline.

wont be Gallinari...

KRod#1
07-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Knicks would have to trade one of their SF's.. either Chandler or Gallo(most likely Chandler)( w/a future 1st rd pick).

C) A'Mare
PF) Gallo
SF) ???
SG) Rautins
PG) Parker

EW. That team would get killed inside. And Routins hasnt played a single minute but he is ready to start?

ramz.n
07-04-2010, 06:52 PM
imagine they pry chris paul from the hornets and signed lebron...
pg..cp3
sg..whoever
sf..lbj
pf..amare
c..whoever

...this team would be a 4th seed in the east at worse.

RaiderLakersA's
07-04-2010, 06:55 PM
I heard Pops loves David Lee. So it could work.

Who plays center in NY if Lee goes?

HookerFighter
07-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Can the Knicks sign 3 big deals or only 2? If I'm Lebron Amare and Parker might all of a sudden look better than Rose and Noah or Wade and Beasly.

HookerFighter
07-04-2010, 06:59 PM

C) A'Mare
PF) Gallo
SF) ???
SG) Rautins
PG) Parker

You want Gallanari to be your every day PW. I think Amare would be better at PF too.

I think you guys would look more like...

Parker
whoever
Gallanari
Amare
whoever/Lee??

ewells20
07-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Its too bad people still think Lebron is going to the Knicks to pair w/ Tony Parker and Amar'e Stoudemire. The reason the Knicks have gone to trying Amar'e and Tony is because they feel that they most likely won't be getting Lebron James. This is their plan B strategy. However, in order to get Parker they will have to give up at least one good young prospect such as Danilo or Wilson and a 1st rounder, otherwise the Knicks will be looking at plan C.

#2 It isn't even a definite that Amar'e signs, but he may want to talk to Tony Parker and Lebron first before he signs or he is probably going to see what happens with Lebron. It is all together possible that if Lebron decides on Chicago, or the Nets he could join him there instead of opting for the Knicks,

My general feeling is, however, that the Knicks will end up with Amar'e at best w/ a very slim to no chance at Lebron or Tony Parker (unless they are willing to part with the aforementioned pieces).

oak2455
07-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Its too bad people still think Lebron is going to the Knicks to pair w/ Tony Parker and Amar'e Stoudemire. The reason the Knicks have gone to trying Amar'e and Tony is because they feel that they most likely won't be getting Lebron James. This is their plan B strategy. However, in order to get Parker they will have to give up at least one good young prospect such as Danilo or Wilson and a 1st rounder, otherwise the Knicks will be looking at plan C.

#2 It isn't even a definite that Amar'e signs, but he may want to talk to Tony Parker and Lebron first before he signs or he is probably going to see what happens with Lebron. It is all together possible that if Lebron decides on Chicago, or the Nets he could join him there instead of opting for the Knicks,

My general feeling is, however, that the Knicks will end up with Amar'e at best w/ a very slim to no chance at Lebron or Tony Parker (unless they are willing to part with the aforementioned pieces).
The Knicks will sign Amre but depends what they do next..........

omdigga
07-04-2010, 07:46 PM
the knicks are making a lot of noise in FA considering nobody wants to play here (according to most experts ive been listening too) ...
i dont think any of these superteam scenarios are possible... but its nice to dream..

zambo4president
07-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Ehh it would be a start for New York, but obviously no winner, probably a low seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs, which would still be a huge improvement for them.

beasted86
07-05-2010, 12:09 AM
How does this happen? We trade Wilson and Curry?

2011 you sign him with cap space.

No insulting or baiting at all... let's just be realistic, Knicks have nothing Spurs want. Parker is already an expirer. Curry doesn't help them at all.

evadatam5150
07-05-2010, 12:15 AM
The Knicks are expected to try and pry Tony Parker away from the Spurs in order to pair him with Amar'e Stoudemire.

A person close to both players told the New York Daily News that Parker and Stoudemire have talked about playing together in either New York or Miami.

The Knicks need a point guard to play with Stoudemire, who will reportedly finalize a huge contract with New York this weekend.

New York has contacted New Orleans about Chris Paul and there are free agent options such as Raymond Felton and Luke Ridnour.

http://www.mvptexas.com/featured-news/534-knicks-looking-to-snag-tony-parker-for-amare.html

The Knicks will never learn will they.. So now they're going to pick up a couple more over the hill guys and pay them way more money than they're worth.. :clap::clap: WOW.. I'm not saying either guy has no value, but let's face it, parker is more than likely on the downside of his career and Amare, while still in his prime, still plays like a cream puff most of the time.. I guess the point is this, if Nash couldn't help make Amare a winner then how will Parker..??

jetsfan89
07-05-2010, 12:25 AM
The Knicks will never learn will they.. So now they're going to pick up a couple more over the hill guys and pay them way more money than they're worth.. :clap::clap: WOW.. I'm not saying either guy has no value, but let's face it, parker is more than likely on the downside of his career and Amare, while still in his prime, still plays like a cream puff most of the time.. I guess the point is this, if Nash couldn't help make Amare a winner then how will Parker..??

parker is 28 and amare is 27. amare is known for his monster dunks, something that a guy who isn't soft does.

you know, im not even a knicks fan, but i get kind of annoyed when every single thread i see has knicks bashing involved in it. perhaps this is why i never venture to the nba forum.

Chives
07-05-2010, 12:26 AM
I think the Knicks will get Amar'e Stoudamire, and that's only because of the Max deal along with the relationship with the head coach. I do think they could do a sign and trade with David Lee, and send him to the Spurs for Tony Parker. Then they will still have Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, and Eddy Curry. If they could possibly give Joe Johnson the Max then they will be sitting pretty for next year.

jim51990
07-05-2010, 12:33 AM
if they pull a trade off for tp i believe bron or wade will sign there for sure tp amare and fillers look 10x better then rose noah and fillers

ragee
07-05-2010, 12:37 AM
By getting Parker and Amare, will they be more enticing in the eyes of Wade, Bosh and Lebron? They can land one of them if that happens in my opinion...

abe_froman
07-05-2010, 12:57 AM
By getting Parker and Amare, will they be more enticing in the eyes of Wade, Bosh and Lebron? They can land one of them if that happens in my opinion...

they couldnt afford to give a contract to any of them if they get parker and amare.getting parker takes them out of the f.a. sweepsstakes

seikou8
07-05-2010, 01:01 AM
it will happen next year we should s&t dlee for carmelo

DABOYZ82
07-05-2010, 01:02 AM
So who is NY really going to sign??

Team*Chicago
07-05-2010, 01:04 AM
If I were a lame -ss Miami Heat fan and if the FO failed to get LeBron and Chris to team up with Dwayne, I would steal that pair(Tony+Amare) from the Knicks and have them team up with Dwayne and target Carmelo when he hits the FA.

NYY NYJ NYK
07-05-2010, 01:12 AM
okay but how are they going to get Parker ?

They don't have great trading chips

seikou8
07-05-2010, 01:13 AM
we are good position to get ether parker or melo we
are going to be better the knicks are in better shape then
the heat they we are gonig get shutout not truth

parker pg
toney sg
gallo sf
amare pf
brendan c

seikou8
07-05-2010, 01:14 AM
we are good position to get ether parker or melo we
are going to be better the knicks are in better shape then
the heat they we are gonig get shutout not truth

parker pg
toney sg
gallo sf
amare pf
brendan c

robdizzle3
07-05-2010, 01:15 AM
Spurs need a SF and the Knicks have one in Wilson Chandler, so a package starting with him will get the ball roilling. If I were the the Spurs, i would have to listen, because it seems like TP's name is being brought up everywhere, even though he insists he wants to be a Spur. i know rumors are gonna circulate like always, but I really believe he wants out.

ragee
07-05-2010, 01:27 AM
they couldnt afford to give a contract to any of them if they get parker and amare.getting parker takes them out of the f.a. sweepsstakes

Oh... Wait, I thought Miami and New York can both give out 3 max contracts?

abe_froman
07-05-2010, 03:35 AM
Oh... Wait, I thought Miami and New York can both give out 3 max contracts?

nope

blams
07-05-2010, 03:36 AM
Eh, Parker and Amare is still not a playoff team in the East

abe_froman
07-05-2010, 03:42 AM

in the east?? you serious? hell yeah it is.its not a title contender but it is a playoff team easy

blams
07-05-2010, 03:45 AM
in the east?? you serious? hell yeah it is.its not a title contender but it is a playoff team easy

Eh- Better teams right now I'd say, without fa changes
Celtics
Cavs
Magic
Hawks
Bulls
Heat
Bobcats

Now barring FA acquisitions, Bucks are better too. Minimum.

robdizzle3
07-05-2010, 03:47 AM

Hahaha. You dont even have to be .500 to get in the playoffs in the East. Hell, they could do some damage in the playoffs.

blams
07-05-2010, 03:50 AM
Hahaha. You dont even have to be .500 to get in the playoffs in the East. Hell, they could do some damage in the playoffs.

The Bulls were .500 last year- missing their 2 best players for a stretch of games. That would affect any team. So the Bulls "quality" was much higher than .500, more like .575.

But that aside:
Eh- Better teams right now I'd say, without fa changes
Celtics
Cavs
Magic
Hawks
Bulls
Heat
Bobcats

Now barring FA acquisitions, Bucks are better too. Minimum.

KnickFanSince91
07-05-2010, 04:20 AM
so hol up...even if the knicks added STAT and TP, they wouldn't win the extra 12 games they missed the playoffs by this year? Cmon son...at least be realistic. :facepalm:

blams
07-05-2010, 04:24 AM
so hol up...even if the knicks added STAT and TP, they wouldn't win the extra 12 games they missed the playoffs by this year? Cmon son...at least be realistic. :facepalm:

The Bulls will be much better than .500, the Bucks will be much better, and the Heat will very possible be better. The Bobcats will be better- not to mention there will be "surprise" teams I'm sure. We'll see.

KnickFanSince91
07-05-2010, 04:33 AM
The Bulls will be much better than .500, the Bucks will be much better, and the Heat will very possible be better. The Bobcats will be better- not to mention there will be "surprise" teams I'm sure. We'll see.

and u curiously left out that a Knicks team with Parker and Amare would be able to beat out at least the Bobcats for a spot? I mean come on...nobody knows who is going to land where but to say that two all stars from the west cant come east and get a squad into the playoffs is laughable. Lemme guess....even with those two players, the Nets would have a better core right?

LeBroom
07-05-2010, 04:51 AM
^^^
Don't bother KnicksFanSince91, 90% of PSD hates the Knicks. We can never catch a break here. We're not a playoff team, have been in the NBA Basement for nearly a decade now, and yet, people still hate us and don't want us to succeed.

To say that potentially, a team of:

Parker
*Mike Miller(?)
Danilo Gallinari
Amare Stoudemire
Okafor/Biedrins (using Eddy Curry's expiring)

is not a PLAYOFF TEAM? Come on. Add in the fact that the SSOL system is SUCCESSFUL during the Regular Season, And our bench: Douglas, Chandler, Rautins, Fields, Jerome Jordan, Earl Barron, *Raja Bell (maybe? or House). I think that's a 6th-7th seed.

FrenchSunsFan
07-05-2010, 05:02 AM
Lebroom with this team you have the worst NBA defence (like always with D Antoni) , sign Haywood , Melo , Jarret Jack and trade Curry to a SG could be better for you.

LeBroom
07-05-2010, 05:11 AM
Lebroom with this team you have the worst NBA defence (like always with D Antoni) , sign Haywood , Melo , Jarret Jack and trade Curry to a SG could be better for you.

Dude... Tony Parker is a San Antonio Spur. He plays Defense. Mike Miller is a decent/good one on one defender (of course he's not stopping Kobe or Wade, but you get the idea). Gallinari during the last 2 months of the season wanted to guard the opposing team's best player and has shown effort and heart on defense. Amare Stoudemire, though Defense is not his strongest aspect, he can still block shots and be intimidating on the paint. Okafor/Biedrins are shot blockers, they play Defense.

Come on... Mike D's Suns before RANKED 14th, 15th, 17th; around those lines, in DEFENSE. Which means they were never the worst Defensive team. While showcasing a Juggernaut Offense, they still managed to be better than the other 15 teams on Defense. That's not the "WORST DEFENSE" in my Book.

Raven19
07-05-2010, 05:17 AM
Hmm.. Doubt knicks could get parker this year.. But hey, if it happens NY could finally get a spot in the playoffs..

FrenchSunsFan
07-05-2010, 05:53 AM
I read Amare call Melo , LBJ ,Parker finally 20 millions $ for a PF/ GM is not that much:)

omdigga
07-05-2010, 06:57 AM

hahahahahahahaha... ur dislike for our franchise has clouded your ability to think... if this statement isnt a joke.. u most certainly are..

Heat-On-Fire!!!
07-05-2010, 07:23 AM
yeah,that would be a pretty solid team with parker,wilson,galinari,and stoudimare.

magichatnumber9
07-05-2010, 07:41 AM
His wife wants to be in New York or LA...Well her career is tail spinning into the gutter

evadatam5150
07-06-2010, 07:28 PM
parker is 28 and amare is 27. amare is known for his monster dunks, something that a guy who isn't soft does.

you know, im not even a knicks fan, but i get kind of annoyed when every single thread i see has knicks bashing involved in it. perhaps this is why i never venture to the nba forum.

I'm not Nicks bashing, I'm surprised by what they're (supposedly) after.. Amare doesn't rebound and shoots far more jump shots then he does rebound or crash the boards.. Maybe that's just a perception thing but it's odd they would give up a tough rebounder like Lee for Amare.. And I get that Parker's a young guy but he's also been injury prone and appears to have lost a step.. So yep this kind of surprises me a bit especially in the light of what they've gone through the last few years.. Also I don't care what annoys you, I just think it's curious at best..

Hype
07-06-2010, 08:00 PM
I think it's funny that teams want Mike Miller, the dude didn't even start for the Timberwolves when he played ball for half the season.

Anyways

How about:
NY gets: Parker, Hollins
SA gets: Kevin Love, Sessions
MN gets: Lee, Chandler

bowdown27
07-06-2010, 08:05 PM
I think it's funny that teams want Mike Miller, the dude didn't even start for the Timberwolves when he played ball for half the season.

Anyways

How about:
NY gets: Parker, Hollins
SA gets: Kevin Love, Sessions
MN gets: Lee, Chandler

I'd do that trade in a minute. I don't understand how the spurs are writing off Tony already. I just found out he is 28. I thought he was older how there writing him off and want to trade him

colinskik
07-06-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm not Nicks bashing, I'm surprised by what they're (supposedly) after.. Amare doesn't rebound and shoots far more jump shots then he does rebound or crash the boards.. Maybe that's just a perception thing but it's odd they would give up a tough rebounder like Lee for Amare.. And I get that Parker's a young guy but he's also been injury prone and appears to have lost a step.. So yep this kind of surprises me a bit especially in the light of what they've gone through the last few years.. Also I don't care what annoys you, I just think it's curious at best..
Lee is a good rebounder/ stat stuffer, but you can't ever add "tough" as an adjective when describing his game. He doesn't know the meaning of boxing out.