PDA

View Full Version : If Jays slide trade Jose B.?

jon32
07-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Not sure if theres already been a thread about this but w.e. Simple question....Being in a rebuild and having Jose have a career year and not really apart of our rebuilding group, should we be looking to move him to get the best possible return while his stock is high? What are peoples thoughts on trading him and what do you think we could net in return?

bomber0104
07-03-2010, 01:55 PM
yes there is already a 7 page bautista thread.

considering the last couple of weeks, he should be traded and i have no idea what we could get back

nstojic
07-03-2010, 02:05 PM
win or lose, he should be traded soon

BlueJayFanDan
07-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Trade him by the deadline.

marcre
07-03-2010, 03:22 PM
What do people honestly expect to get for him? I don't see us getting anything of high value. Why trade him for nothing and then have a hole to fill.

I wouldn't mind him being our 3rd baseman next year.

jaysfan4ever
07-03-2010, 03:35 PM
What do people honestly expect to get for him? I don't see us getting anything of high value. Why trade him for nothing and then have a hole to fill.

I wouldn't mind him being our 3rd baseman next year.

Ummm, hello, he's the major league home run leader. Yes, he may not keep the pace up for the whole year, but chances are he'll be a 30HR hitter the rest of the way. I'm sure there would be a lot of teams that would be interested in acquiring him as a 30HR power bat for the playoffs, and that would give up a good prospect for him (top 100 prospect).

marcre
07-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Ummm, hello, he's the major league home run leader. Yes, he may not keep the pace up for the whole year, but chances are he'll be a 30HR hitter the rest of the way. I'm sure there would be a lot of teams that would be interested in acquiring him as a 30HR power bat for the playoffs, and that would give up a good prospect for him (top 100 prospect).

Hello

Maybe, I don't see it. I like Bautista and wouldn't mind him staying, but if we could get something good for him I'd definitely consider it. I'm just not sure a team is going to give up a top, can't miss guy that we need.

B2theRY
07-03-2010, 03:57 PM
i cannot stand him... i dont know why i just cant.

marcre
07-03-2010, 04:31 PM

Makes sense, leads the league in HR's, plays good defense, has a good arm in the outfield, can play a few positions well, leads the team in RBI's…

Now that I think about it, there's a lot to dislike about him. Now I don't like him.

boilerguy2412
07-03-2010, 04:36 PM

I get what your saying. I agree there is just something about him that i just don't like. He could hit 50hrs this year and get 125 RBI and i would still say he isn't a starter. I just don't believe in this guy. I really do think we could get a good return for him right now. Any team that is in real contention that needs a bat i think might overpay for him. See Minny or the Padres. I think those are 2 teams that would really want him. Minny being the favorite IMO. I really think they are going to make a move at the deadline

GrumpyOldMan
07-03-2010, 04:54 PM
I like Bautista, and I hope contenders who need help like him too. I wouldn't move him for the sake of moving him, but for a decent return I would let him go.

Pride
07-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Bautista might attract some interest, but I doubt teams would offer a top tier(top 100) prospect for him unless their GM is desperate. Sure Bautista has played well over his head, but he's still a good player. He has some pop, plays decent D in a lot of positions with a plus arm, and although he's a low average hitter, he makes up for it with his OBP.

nstojic
07-03-2010, 06:23 PM
^^ oh, no way anyone's giving you a top 100 guy.....but......with that said, if your scouting is sharp, you can still get quality without the 'big' name... i.e. a few years ago, CLE trades Casey Blake to the dodgers for a good, not elite, catching prospect...that catcher is now viewed as one of the best catching prospects in all of baseball... Carlos Santana

HabsFan87
07-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Funny how 162 games always shows the truth about a team. When we blew those 2 close games last month against the Rays I felt it was going south. Still, they are competitive and if they can hang around .500 I will be ok, as long as our young arms and bats mature. Very concerned about Lind and Hill as Jose and Gonzo are not long term fixtures for any kind of championship team nothwithstanding thier great seasons so far. I think Marcum is in big trouble, which means we are in big trouble on the pitching front. I hear our Cuban SS cant hit Hill's avg. in A Ball. Im nervous about where we are going now I must say. I would feel better if Snider was pounding ball.

StealingSigns
07-04-2010, 01:15 AM
Funny how 162 games always shows the truth about a team. When we blew those 2 close games last month against the Rays I felt it was going south. Still, they are competitive and if they can hang around .500 I will be ok, as long as our young arms and bats mature. Very concerned about Lind and Hill as Jose and Gonzo are not long term fixtures for any kind of championship team nothwithstanding thier great seasons so far. I think Marcum is in big trouble, which means we are in big trouble on the pitching front. I hear our Cuban SS cant hit Hill's avg. in A Ball. Im nervous about where we are going now I must say. I would feel better if Snider was pounding ball.

That's why they promoted him to AA :D

Seriously though, I'm not worried about Hec.

nithanyo
07-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Dont trade him for the sake of trading him. Trade him if the right deal rolls around. If people are offering a crapy package for Bautista give em the finger and keep him. He is solid defensivley, has the strongest outfield arm on the team, and is leading the majors in HR's. Its not the end of the world if we dont trade him. He can sweeten up a trade to get a stud.

A trade with Bautista and Marcum should net us something really nice. Again, we are under no pressure to trade him

wamco
07-04-2010, 07:24 AM
He should have been traded a month ago.

OPS by month:

April: 741
May: 1.188
June: 693

So...as pointed out by others, he had one good month, and that month was incredible.

ah nuts
07-04-2010, 11:40 AM

the more I see him the less I like. I think it's his drama during at bats etc... if you know what I mean.

He is not a talented batter but I still see him as a 250avg, lot of walks, 30-35hrs and a very useful fielder.

Pitchers are pitching him very carefully lately so it will be interesting to see his stats at year's end. Too bad Hill and Lind are sucking this year. Wells 240 avg in june didn't help much.

wamco
07-04-2010, 12:56 PM
I don't get the spell he has over people.

hlhiii
07-04-2010, 04:33 PM
He's very valuable considering he can play multiple positions at a gold glove caliber level. More importantly, he's our most patient hitter and can consistently draw walks. If you can sign him to 3 year deal between 5-6 mill then I think it would be good. He's been our best player this year. I don't think he has a high trade value and I don't think you would have to break the bank to re-sign him so I say keep him.

idrinkpepsi
07-04-2010, 07:08 PM
We should maybe for a third base prospect.

ByShine
07-07-2010, 03:47 AM
are you guys joking me. I think Jose bautista has a very good eye and gets lots of BB's. It's just his rugged avg that he needs to bring up and don't swing every time for a home-run. I don't understand why anyone would trade this guy at the moment when hes on the pace for 40+ home runs with 100+ rbi

BIGdanielBABY
07-07-2010, 02:43 PM
are you guys joking me. I think Jose bautista has a very good eye and gets lots of BB's. It's just his rugged avg that he needs to bring up and don't swing every time for a home-run. I don't understand why anyone would trade this guy at the moment when hes on the pace for 40+ home runs with 100+ rbi

But that's the point. If he can continue his HR and RBI tear, we can get a few nice prospects for him. We aren't contending for a title at the moment, but other teams are and they may be willing to sacrifice prospects to take Jose.

Some people want to keep him, but if the right package comes along i say pull the trigger and move on.

Rochesta
07-07-2010, 05:06 PM
I don't get the spell he has over people.

Were you one of those guys who said that Cliff Lee would return to being a below average player after his Cy Young season?

Nuke
07-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Were you one of those guys who said that Cliff Lee would return to being a below average player after his Cy Young season?

Are you comparing Cliff Lee's Cy young Season to Bautista's 1 amazing month?

ByShine
07-08-2010, 03:07 AM
Are you comparing Cliff Lee's Cy young Season to Bautista's 1 amazing month?

No he is comparing to the amazing season that bautista is having.

Halladay
07-08-2010, 04:37 AM

Lee was a late bloomer, is that what Bautista is? Is he a late bloomer or just a guy having a career year? I'm going with the latter here...a career .754 OPS hitter and a pretty mediocre career at the age of 30. If you're going to deal him you do it sooner rather then later if something comes along.

nearyG
07-08-2010, 11:16 AM
bautista is a one-hit wonder...if the jays can get any value for him at the deadline, a deal will get done. His low average and career numbers go to show that this type of production won't stay for long. He is definitely on the block. John Buck is another one that could get some attention. The only player out of all the names that have been thrown out there that I believe we should keep is Scott Downs (if he signs with a new team after this season, Jays get 2 draft selections in the compensation round). The facts are simple to understand, rebuilding teams need draft picks and prospects...I'm pretty sure Buck, Bautista, Frasor, Downs, Gregg and Gonzalez don't fall into that category

Nuke
07-08-2010, 01:51 PM
No he is comparing to the amazing season that bautista is having.

Baustista Stats this year:

AVG OBP SLG HR RBI
April .214 .314 .427 4 16
May .287 .422 .766 12 25
June .179 .324 .369 4 9

Career .238 .334 .419

Like I said 1 Amazing month

ByShine
07-08-2010, 07:23 PM

Baustista Stats this year:

AVG OBP SLG HR RBI
April .214 .314 .427 4 16
May .287 .422 .766 12 25
June .179 .324 .369 4 9

Career .238 .334 .419

Like I said 1 Amazing month

?

wamco
07-09-2010, 08:47 AM

Possibly. I can't recall. Not sure what that has to do with Bautista though, a guy with dreadful career splits. Lee at least was a former top prospect for Cleveland.

T.O. Fan
07-09-2010, 09:24 AM
Not sure why the M L B T R A D E R U M O R thread is gone, but........

If the Twins want Bautista I'd gladly take Ben Revere off their hands.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=revere001ben

He doesn't have much pop at this stage, but looks to be a good lead off type with speed who could take over in CF at some point.

The Slave
07-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Hey I've got a great idea! Why not keep at least one of the bright spots on our team. He's young, and he's a very useful player for a rebuilding team and a contending team. He could be a super utility type of guy for us, kinda like how Ryan Spilbourgh is for Colorado.

I doubt we get exactly what we want in trade for him, hence, I'd keep him and roll with him going forward.

mkcavy
07-09-2010, 03:24 PM
I'd love for the Jays to trade Bautista... if they can get something of value in return for him.

If you consider what Bautista has been over his career, it's nothing more than a useful platoon player with moderate power. It's only been this season that he's provide strong power numbers, heck, before this season his highest OPS was .757. He's also a career .238 hitter.

Realistically you're not going to get a top prospect for him. You may be able to get another platoon player packaged with a decent reliever. But is that worth it? It's possible Bautista will put up numbers similar to this season next year, in which case his value will be even higher. So if you're not getting an offer that blows you away then what's the point?

That said, there are some really stupid GMs out there that may give something of value for a one-season wonder.

wamco
07-09-2010, 03:28 PM
I wouldn't pay more than 3.5M to have him next season.

wamco
07-09-2010, 03:29 PM
After homering Thursday, Jose Molina is making his first start of the year as a designated hitter on Friday.

This illustrates why the Blue Jays were never contenders in the AL East. Amazingly enough, it's actually the third career start at DH for Molina. At least the Jays are having him bat ninth.

--rotoworld.com

mkcavy
07-09-2010, 03:37 PM
If he hits over 30 homeruns, which is almost a given, he'll end up being a $4-$5mil player via arbitration next year. However, I could see the Jays getting him at $3.5mil per season if they sign him to a 3 or 4 year contract.

JaysFan87
07-09-2010, 04:38 PM
the more I see him the less I like. I think it's his drama during at bats etc... if you know what I mean.

He is not a talented batter but I still see him as a 250avg, lot of walks, 30-35hrs and a very useful fielder.

Pitchers are pitching him very carefully lately so it will be interesting to see his stats at year's end. Too bad Hill and Lind are sucking this year. Wells 240 avg in june didn't help much.

He's very valuable considering he can play multiple positions at a gold glove caliber level. More importantly, he's our most patient hitter and can consistently draw walks. If you can sign him to 3 year deal between 5-6 mill then I think it would be good. He's been our best player this year. I don't think he has a high trade value and I don't think you would have to break the bank to re-sign him so I say keep him.

In what world has bautista ever been a great on base guy? Prior to this season he was a career .329 onbase guy. And now after this season where he has an on base of .362 (largely due to his .422 on base in may compared to his .314 and .324 in april and june). Fact of the matter is Jose does one thing and one thing well and that is hit homeruns. And when he is not hitting them then he is not contributing at all in the lineup. Granted his defense is good, but he by no means should be a cornerstone of any team and is the ideal candidate to be traded to someone who is desperate for a good bench player and is willing to give up a decent prospect. Thats Bautistas value.

JaysFan87
07-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Hey I've got a great idea! Why not keep at least one of the bright spots on our team. He's young, and he's a very useful player for a rebuilding team and a contending team. He could be a super utility type of guy for us, kinda like how Ryan Spilbourgh is for Colorado.

I doubt we get exactly what we want in trade for him, hence, I'd keep him and roll with him going forward.

Because come arbitration and then FA he will want to be paid like a 25 HR guy when in reality he is not worth that type of money.

JaysFan87
07-09-2010, 04:48 PM
If he hits over 30 homeruns, which is almost a given, he'll end up being a $4-$5mil player via arbitration next year. However, I could see the Jays getting him at $3.5mil per season if they sign him to a 3 or 4 year contract.

WHY!!!!!! would u sign him long term!?!?!?!

wamco
07-09-2010, 05:25 PM
because he casts some kind of freaking weird curse on the majority of fans.
What does that say about the majority of the remaining jays fans?

2009mvp
07-09-2010, 05:27 PM
^^That we're desperate to find anything to be positive about?

nithanyo
07-09-2010, 06:07 PM
because he casts some kind of freaking weird curse on the majority of fans.
What does that say about the majority of the remaining jays fans?

Or maybe Toronto fans like fans of any team like good players especially when they are succeeding. If a trade comes up worth dealing him for im sure AA would pull the trigger on it. Right now however teams are hesitant to trade for him. Signing him 3-4 years at about 4 mill a season isnt a bad contract. seeing that he is making 2.5 mill this season as it is. Plus a rarely used player like Jmac is makin 1.5 mill a season. Essentially its not much of a hit on the payroll and the upside is huge. Leading the majors in HR's huge

ah nuts
07-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Or maybe Toronto fans like fans of any team like good players especially when they are succeeding. If a trade comes up worth dealing him for im sure AA would pull the trigger on it. Right now however teams are hesitant to trade for him. Signing him 3-4 years at about 4 mill a season isnt a bad contract. seeing that he is making 2.5 mill this season as it is. Plus a rarely used player like Jmac is makin 1.5 mill a season. Essentially its not much of a hit on the payroll and the upside is huge. Leading the majors in HR's huge

2nd in the league in walks.

wamco
07-09-2010, 11:51 PM
his upside is quite limited actually. See the pages and pages of numbers showing his lifetime splits as well as his monthly splits this year. A 3 or 4 year deal is so bad that NO team will sign him to one. Recent offseasons had vlad and abreu sign for around 5m.

Now if you wanted to platoon him with a player that can hit RHP like the Cat/Reed platoon years ago, I'd be all for it. The right hand side of the platoon could make 4 or 5 mill while the lhp side of it should make half of that.

2009mvp
07-10-2010, 02:40 AM
Or maybe Toronto fans like fans of any team like good players especially when they are succeeding. If a trade comes up worth dealing him for im sure AA would pull the trigger on it. Right now however teams are hesitant to trade for him.

And why do you think that is???

Signing him 3-4 years at about 4 mill a season isnt a bad contract. seeing that he is making 2.5 mill this season as it is. Plus a rarely used player like Jmac is makin 1.5 mill a season.

Irrelevant. Just because he's making that amount doesn't mean that that's what he deserves on the open market. His relative market value is what matters, not what the Jays are willing to pay because of other variables.

Essentially its not much of a hit on the payroll and the upside is huge. Leading the majors in HR's huge

Perhaps. If he keeps hitting like he has so far in '10 he's an MVP candidate. That being said, what kinda odds would I have to give you to bet that he'd keep up this pace? 100-1? 50-1? He settles in somewhere between his thoroughly mediocre April/June and his scorching May and he's a decent, yet unspectacular player. Answer that first question honestly and tell me if selling high on that kind of guy isn't the best move...

ah nuts
07-10-2010, 06:58 AM
I don't get why there are those who keep banging out Bautistas' history to us pro-Bautista(for the most part) people.

It should be obvious we had chosen the theory that Bautista is a late bloomer, who bloomed late august after a batting adjustment(according to himself). Therefore late august is our reference point - which means we expect a difference in performance from there after.

Sept-ish 2009: he hit 10 homers
April: IMO - trying to be a "lead off hitter" didn't fit or work
May: similar to sept 2009 performance
June: face nasty pitching(few jays hit well) plus pitchers adjusted to him
july: hitting 345 avg. (8 games)

I expect he is capable of around a 250avg , lot of walks, and 30 homers for this and 2 more years.

T.O. Fan
07-10-2010, 07:32 AM
his upside is quite limited actually. See the pages and pages of numbers showing his lifetime splits as well as his monthly splits this year. A 3 or 4 year deal is so bad that NO team will sign him to one. Recent offseasons had vlad and abreu sign for around 5m.

Now if you wanted to platoon him with a player that can hit RHP like the Cat/Reed platoon years ago, I'd be all for it. The right hand side of the platoon could make 4 or 5 mill while the lhp side of it should make half of that.

The funny thing is that he's actually hitting RH better than LH this season.

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/stats/individual_player_splits.jsp?c_id=tor&playerID=430832&statType=1

wamco
07-10-2010, 09:56 AM
why don't you insane "pro-bautista" crowd save this thread and visit it after the year?

ah nuts
07-10-2010, 02:07 PM

statquo
07-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Over the last year, I've watched Aaron Hill hit 38 homers, and then bat like a blind ****** this year. I think Bautista has won me over enough to hold onto him for the rest of the year, barring any crazy trade scenario, but he has to be able to do it again next year. There's no way we extend him for 3-4 years if he's never done it before back to back years. If he's a late bloomer, I want to see him not be a one year wonder late bloomer.

ah nuts
07-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Over the last year, I've watched Aaron Hill hit 38 homers, and then bat like a blind ****** this year. I think Bautista has won me over enough to hold onto him for the rest of the year, barring any crazy trade scenario, but he has to be able to do it again next year. There's no way we extend him for 3-4 years if he's never done it before back to back years. If he's a late bloomer, I want to see him not be a one year wonder late bloomer.

the baseball always few off his bat, he just couldn't hit. I believe that's what keep Cito's eye... wanted to give him some full time duty(and hitting lessons).

{ Tony Pena -- he was the Royals' manager at the time -- and he was, like, 'We shouldn't have let that kid go. He's going to be really good.' }

it will be interesting for sure to see what happens next year.

jaysfan4ever
07-11-2010, 03:03 PM
the baseball always few off his bat, he just couldn't hit. I believe that's what keep Cito's eye... wanted to give him some full time duty(and hitting lessons).

{ Tony Pena -- he was the Royals' manager at the time -- and he was, like, 'We shouldn't have let that kid go. He's going to be really good.' }

it will be interesting for sure to see what happens next year.

There's a couple other guys in the league who have the ball fly off their bat, yet they're journeymen who are used mainly off the bench. Their names are Russell Branyan and Marcus Thames. The thing with players like these, is that they will be red hot for one month, and then ice cold for another month. The sample size is simply too small for us to judge if Bautista is gonna be a hot-and-cold player like Thames and Branyan, or is reliable enough to be an everyday player. Due to his lack of a track record, and the fact that his profile seems strikingly similar to Thames and Branyan, who's to say if Bautista follows the career path of a Thames or a Branyan or becomes a Carlos Pena or Ryan Ludwick.

ah nuts
07-11-2010, 03:25 PM
There's a couple other guys in the league who have the ball fly off their bat, yet they're journeymen who are used mainly off the bench. Their names are Russell Branyan and Marcus Thames. The thing with players like these, is that they will be red hot for one month, and then ice cold for another month. The sample size is simply too small for us to judge if Bautista is gonna be a hot-and-cold player like Thames and Branyan, or is reliable enough to be an everyday player. Due to his lack of a track record, and the fact that his profile seems strikingly similar to Thames and Branyan, who's to say if Bautista follows the career path of a Thames or a Branyan or becomes a Carlos Pena or Ryan Ludwick.

that sounds like bautista for sure, very streaky.

As I said, it will be interesting to see if there will be any real improvement with his latest approach and first full season.

FlakeyFool
07-11-2010, 03:41 PM
buck,gonzo,jose better be gone by the deadline or else.

JaysFan87
07-14-2010, 07:55 PM
another reason to trade bautista

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/beware-the-jays-sluggers/

Rochesta
07-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Don't all hitters hit a fair amount of just enough homers. Without a comparison it's worthless information.

The real reason to trade him is that he's the best 3B available, and he's possibly the best OF available this deadline.

bomber0104
07-14-2010, 10:51 PM
Don't all hitters hit a fair amount of just enough homers. Without a comparison it's worthless information.

The real reason to trade him is that he's the best 3B available, and he's possibly the best OF available this deadline.

yeah he is also 3rd in the league in no doubters.. maybe it should leave him at 20 but thats still pretty impressive

2009mvp
07-15-2010, 01:40 AM

Not necessarily. 8/24 would seem like a really high % compared to the elite sluggers, though I suppose it should be expected considering the amount of fly balls he hits. I think the bigger concern is where the homers have landed for Bautista. I can't say that I've looked into this that thoroughly, but I remember very similar plots for Aaron Hill and Joe Mauer last year, all of their homers were flyballs hit to their pull side and we've seen what's happened to both guys HR totals this year. Conversely look at the plot of a guy like Josh Hamilton:

http://www.hittrackeronline.com/detail.php?id=2010_2080&type=hitter

or Prince Fielder last year:

http://www.hittrackeronline.com/detail.php?id=2009_164&type=hitter

Not that you expect power like that to all fields but just like myself and others said about Hill, I think Bautista is much closer to a 25 HR guy than he is the 35+ he's likely to post in 2010.

bomber0104
07-15-2010, 04:06 AM
Not necessarily. 8/24 would seem like a really high % compared to the elite sluggers, though I suppose it should be expected considering the amount of fly balls he hits. I think the bigger concern is where the homers have landed for Bautista. I can't say that I've looked into this that thoroughly, but I remember very similar plots for Aaron Hill and Joe Mauer last year, all of their homers were flyballs hit to their pull side and we've seen what's happened to both guys HR totals this year. Conversely look at the plot of a guy like Josh Hamilton:

http://www.hittrackeronline.com/detail.php?id=2010_2080&type=hitter

or Prince Fielder last year:

http://www.hittrackeronline.com/detail.php?id=2009_164&type=hitter

Not that you expect power like that to all fields but just like myself and others said about Hill, I think Bautista is much closer to a 25 HR guy than he is the 35+ he's likely to post in 2010.

That definitely seem to be the thing with Mauer. It looked like every highlight HR I saw him hit barely cleared that wall especially those hit the other way.

I'm not too sure about Hill though. I still think he can hit 25+ HRs easy and he isn't far off this pace this year anyways

StealingSigns
07-15-2010, 05:36 AM
Not so fast:

Thanks to DrunkJaysFans (http://www.drunkjaysfans.com/) for the transcript:

The GM elaborated on the deal in an interview on the Fan 590 this afternoon (audio here (http://www.fan590.com/media.jsp?content=20100714_172809_7916)), where he and Jeff Blair agreed that Toronto should present a better situation for Escobar—and, interestingly, Anthopoulos again mentioned the relationship between Escobar and Bautista, who himself could potentially be traded, suggesting that the latter player would be key in helping the new acquisition get used to the club and the city.

Bautista may get traded, but it sounds like it will be later rather than sooner. AA talked about the relationship between Bautista and Escobar twice in the interview.

wamco
07-15-2010, 07:24 AM
we assume all latinos are going to be best friends? that's racist!

pigspigs76
07-15-2010, 01:10 PM
we assume all latinos are going to be best friends? that's racist!

ahah from a social psychological standpoint their is merit in assuming people of the same cultural background are more likely to be or become friends...

for a long list of reasons not just the color of their skin lol

wamco
07-15-2010, 06:18 PM
this I know, one of my degrees are in Sociology. Made for a good joke though.

I'd hope even better than he gets EE going for the next 3 months and he rips it up, turns his career around and we have him as our 3bman. And Bautista is traded while his value is insanely higher than I ever thought it would be.

StealingSigns
07-15-2010, 11:13 PM
Escobar joins Hill, Lind, Snider, Wells and, it is increasingly becoming apparent, Bautista as the only current position players who project into the mid- to long-term plans for the Blue Jays.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/baseball/with-assets-to-trade-blue-jays-can-cement-gains-many-ways-in-second-half-98547544.html?viewAllComments=y

2009mvp
07-15-2010, 11:52 PM
^^I'm surprised Davidi wrote that. It's not even the Bautista part I take issue with most (and I do take issue with that), I just found it to be a really awkward read.

wowzman
07-16-2010, 01:16 AM
this I know, one of my degrees are in Sociology. Made for a good joke though.

I'd hope even better than he gets EE going for the next 3 months and he rips it up, turns his career around and we have him as our 3bman. And Bautista is traded while his value is insanely higher than I ever thought it would be.

Apparently none of your other degrees are in English :D

wamco
07-16-2010, 07:34 AM
ya, i went back and forth with is/are there, gotta admit, I was thrown.