PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul Frustrated With New Orleans Hornets Management

R_O_W_E
07-03-2010, 11:11 AM
It often goes that way when a rising star is stuck with a team on the decline, and the signs are strong that the fifth-year pro wants out. He means it when he says he loves New Orleans, and those who know him say it's not his style to demand a trade in the city that adores him back, but the continuing ownership uncertainty and bleak organizational outlook are clearly an irritant to the three-time All-Star.

"(Paul's frustration) is very real, very real," said a source close to Paul. "He doesn't see them putting a (championship-caliber) team together."

[/quote]
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/02/chris-paul-trade-rumors-could-be-the-next-talk-of-the-town/

Chris Paul wants the Hornets to add some free agents immediately, as he wants to win now.

"I would love to get very active in free agency because there's some players out there, there's some stars out there, guys who've been extremely successful in this league," Paul said. "We obviously have to do something." That something could include the Hornets trading Paul to a contender, but as of now, the Hornets have not been active in free agency.

R_O_W_E
07-03-2010, 11:13 AM
The Hornets' management needs to listen up or they can say goodbye to CP3.

Improve that team.

North Yorker
07-03-2010, 11:14 AM
I want Collison in Toronto, but it seems less likely that he'll be traded. Im guessing that IF they trade Paul they will package him with either Okafor or Posey or both, and go for a total re-build.

Raidaz4Life
07-03-2010, 11:19 AM
I'd love to see New York get a package together for him revolving around Chandler and Gallinari.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=346my5j

Tell me thats not a great trade for both sides

KnicksR4Real
07-03-2010, 11:24 AM
I'd love to see New York get a package together for him revolving around Chandler and Gallinari.

Gallo is not being traded. It would involve Lee and Chandler, Lee and Curry, or Chandler and Curry.

R_O_W_E
07-03-2010, 11:25 AM
I want Collison in Toronto, but it seems less likely that he'll be traded. Im guessing that IF they trade Paul they will package him with either Okafor or Posey or both, and go for a total re-build.

Rebuilding for the Hornets makes a lot of sense. By the time they a new owner in place, CP3 will have already agreed to opt out.

spreadeagle
07-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Gallo is not being traded. It would involve Lee and Chandler, Lee and Curry, or Chandler and Curry.

LMAO like the knicks wouldnt trade everything they own including MSG to get Paul

Raidaz4Life
07-03-2010, 11:27 AM

The Hornets don't need Lee so that is out of the question.

North Yorker
07-03-2010, 11:28 AM

I would think it would have to involve Gallo for NO to deal him to NY. They have a huge hole at SF and Chandler is good but not good enough for them to pull the trigger.

I think if NY was legititmately interested the deal would start off with Lee and Gallo for Okafor and Paul.

Raidaz4Life
07-03-2010, 11:28 AM
LMAO like the knicks wouldnt trade everything they own including MSG to get Paul

Exactly!!! According to my trade the Knicks could have a

PG Chris Paul
SG JJ
SF Posey
PF Amare
C Filler

That could easily do some damage in the East.

Raidaz4Life
07-03-2010, 11:29 AM
I would think it would have to involve Gallo for NO to deal him to NY. They have a huge hole at SF and Chandler good but not good enough for them to pull the trigger.

I think if NY was legititmately interested the deal would start off with Lee and Gallo for Okafor and Paul.

I tried that in the trade machine and the Knicks don't have nearly enough salary to match the 23 mil they are taking in Paul and Okafor's contacts.

Melo15
07-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Can you blame him? New Orleans needs to get busy or lose their superstar.

North Yorker
07-03-2010, 11:31 AM
i tried that in the trade machine and the knicks don't have nearly enough salary to match the 23 mil they are taking in paul and okafor's contacts.

tpe

R_O_W_E
07-03-2010, 11:32 AM
The Hornets don't need Lee so that is out of the question.

This.

David West > David Lee

West is the most underrated big man in the NBA. Hes also on a perfect cheap contract based on his talent.

Sandman
07-03-2010, 11:33 AM
I tried that in the trade machine and the Knicks don't have nearly enough salary to match the 23 mil they are taking in Paul and Okafor's contacts.

it doesnt matter they have cap space.

Chronz
07-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Why is it that every star except for Kobe is upset with management, is it really so hard to build around a great player?

R_O_W_E
07-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Why is it that every star except for Kobe is upset with management, is it really so hard to build around a great player?

Every star wants to be in a Kobe situation. They look at Kobe & the Lakers and get mad at why things aren't like that with them.

ellisgw
07-03-2010, 11:37 AM
chris paul and lebron james are players who have played with the least amount of talent out all the other stars in their career.

Jays Claw
07-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Is it really that hard to build around a great player?

I'm pretty sure any player would want to play with Chris Paul. However, in my opinion, it's the city. Most of the NBA players today want to play for a big market team.

ABOMB_56
07-03-2010, 11:48 AM

Come on man. You know the only reason Kobe isn't upset with management is because he went to three straight finals, winning two. It doesn't hurt that his GM pulled off a trade for Gasol and signed Artest. But if you remember in 07, Kobe wanted to be traded from the Lakers because of the lack of help he was getting. Personally, I would be upset if my star player didn't complain to management about getting more help because it shows they are settling for mediocrity instead of pushing for someone that can push them to a championship.

hgtiger32
07-03-2010, 12:08 PM
come on man. You know the only reason kobe isn't upset with management is because he went to three straight finals, winning two. It doesn't hurt that his gm pulled off a trade for gasol and signed artest. But if you remember in 07, kobe wanted to be traded from the lakers because of the lack of help he was getting. Personally, i would be upset if my star player didn't complain to management about getting more help because it shows they are settling for mediocrity instead of pushing for someone that can push them to a championship.

this!

Patrick Swayze
07-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Do you blame him? I'm a Hornets fan and I've already said my goodbyes.

NBA-GMaster
07-03-2010, 02:23 PM
CP3 wants to be out in NOH.. The most realistic trade that will happen is, Paul going to Cleveland(if LeBron resigns) or go to Orlando(they will rearrange their trade offer)

thedfactor
07-03-2010, 02:30 PM
New Orleans just needs to trade CP3, they can get some really good value for him plus unload the awful contracts of Emeka, Peja, and/or James Posey in the process.

The fact is they aren't in "win now" mode and it'd be beneficial for both parties to move on

NYtilIdie
07-03-2010, 02:50 PM

Well a trade thats discussed often in the Knicks forum is Chandler and Curry for Paul or Collison/Okafur.

You guys get a young, athletic wing in Chandler basically he's everything Wright was supposed to be and a nice expiring in Curry that would give you guys some CAP flexability.

Method28
07-03-2010, 03:46 PM
This.

David West > David Lee

West is the most underrated big man in the NBA. Hes also on a perfect cheap contract based on his talent.

As a Hornets fan I say....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaahahahahahahahaha

West is the most over-rated "star" in the league. I'd take a hustling Lee or West!

m26555
07-03-2010, 03:49 PM
CP3 wants to be out in NOH.. The most realistic trade that will happen is, Paul going to Cleveland(if LeBron resigns) or go to Orlando(they will rearrange their trade offer)
I don't really get how that's realistic seeing that Cleveland has absolutely nothing of value to trade.

Raidaz4Life
07-03-2010, 03:50 PM
As a Hornets fan I say....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaahahahahahahahaha

West is the most over-rated "star" in the league. I'd take a hustling Lee or West!

Overrated? By who?

Bornknick73
07-03-2010, 04:20 PM

I would trade all that AND those 2 hot *****es in your sig for CP3

386magictilidie
07-03-2010, 04:21 PM
A traditional pg like Paul cant play with lebron he has to have the ball in his hands at all times and if paul comes in one or the other would suffer Paul+Lebron=two frustrated superstars sorry

BradyIsTheMan12
07-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Well a trade thats discussed often in the Knicks forum is Chandler and Curry for Paul or Collison/Okafur.

You guys get a young, athletic wing in Chandler basically he's everything Wright was supposed to be and a nice expiring in Curry that would give you guys some CAP flexability.

There is no way that trade would happen. Portland can offer so much more than that piece of crap offer.

Bornknick73
07-03-2010, 04:34 PM
A traditional pg like Paul cant play with lebron he has to have the ball in his hands at all times and if paul comes in one or the other would suffer Paul+Lebron=two frustrated superstars sorry

The same way 3 ball dominant players can work under a defensive rookie coach. Knicks fans dream but at least the pieces fit. James or Wade on the drive who then kick to Joe and Amare goes to the glass. as opposed to...

Rose drives who kicks it to Wade whos drives and kicks it to James who drives and kicks it to??????? Add a 2-3 zone into it and Noah will average 20 rebounds a game in that system.

Rose James and Bosh is what you should be trying for. Rose James and Wade is a pipe dream. And a structurally broken team. But it'll whip *** in NBA 2k11

Sandman
07-03-2010, 04:34 PM

iverson and anthony didnt win much but they both shared the ball enough to get 25 points a piece per game.

Bornknick73
07-03-2010, 04:37 PM
There is no way that trade would happen. Portland can offer so much more than that piece of crap offer.

But does Paul want to go there? NY hating aside if it came down to moving to NY and being on TV constantly and filling my pockets for eternity or going to Portland and watch Oden go down 20 games into the season every year.....

Bornknick73
07-03-2010, 04:39 PM
iverson and anthony didnt win much but they both shared the ball enough to get 25 points a piece per game.

But like you so eloquently put it, they didnt win much. Its a unconventional line up. Once they got a true play making PG like Billups they rose to new heights. Which still isnt saying alot.

BradyIsTheMan12
07-03-2010, 04:40 PM
But does Paul want to go there? NY hating aside if it came down to moving to NY and being on TV constantly and filling my pockets for eternity or going to Portland and watch Oden go down 20 games into the season every year.....

He would rather go somewhere that has won at some point in the last decade, bud. Besides there are probably other "big market" teams that can offer a better package than Chandler plus expiring. Also if New York is such a basketball mecca then why isn't every FA just storming to NY?

NYtilIdie
07-03-2010, 05:00 PM
He would rather go somewhere that has won at some point in the last decade, bud. Besides there are probably other "big market" teams that can offer a better package than Chandler plus expiring. Also if New York is such a basketball mecca then why isn't every FA just storming to NY?

Um last I checked that last decade doesn't mean jack s**t seeing how were in a new decade, maybe you need to wake up and come join us in the present and stop living in the past. Can they give them Cap space? NO owner is a cheap bastard who refuses to pay lux tax even if it means winning a championship, thats why they traded Chandler and are now trying to trade Okafur. They want to get more under the CAP, they're barely under the Lux tax as it is. They get a cheap, 21 yr. old who is a better version of Wright and a huge expiring contract while we take Paul and a overpayed Center that their dying to get rid of.

As for you question

"I think people need to stop being scared and go to New York," he said. "They're scared. They're so scared of the pressure and the media.

-Ron Artest
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Ron-Artest-2010-free-agents-scared-of-New-York?urn=nba,204843

Amare posted on his Twitter that players would love to play in NY. Why do you think people questioned Lebron when he decided to hold the meetings in CLE? People have said they would love to see what Donnies sales pitch to Lebron would be in NY.
But right now their are better options then the Knicks thats all.

BradyIsTheMan12
07-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Um last I checked that last decade doesn't mean jack s**t seeing how were in a new decade, maybe you need to wake up and come join us in the present and stop living in the past. Can they give them Cap space? NO owner is a cheap bastard who refuses to pay lux tax even if it means winning a championship, thats why they traded Chandler and are now trying to trade Okafur. They want to get more under the CAP, they're barely under the Lux tax as it is. They get a cheap, 21 yr. old who is a better version of Wright and a huge expiring contract while we take Paul and a overpayed Center that their dying to get rid of.

As for you question

"I think people need to stop being scared and go to New York," he said. "They're scared. They're so scared of the pressure and the media.

-Ron Artest
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Ron-Artest-2010-free-agents-scared-of-New-York?urn=nba,204843

Amare posted on his Twitter that players would love to play in NY. Why do you think people questioned Lebron when he decided to hold the meetings in CLE? People have said they would love to see what Donnies sales pitch to Lebron would be in NY.
But right now their are better options then the Knicks thats all.

Last time I checked the Blazers are pretty good in the present so I guess I can do that as well. The point is that the Hornets are not going to let the Knicks bend them over and have their way just because Paul wants the bright lights, no chance in hell that happens. The last line in your post applies in any CP3 trade scenario as well.

magichatnumber9
07-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Management needs Chris Paul, not the other way around

heathonater
07-03-2010, 05:27 PM

except paul is not a free agent. paul really has no say on where he gets traded to and i highly doubt the hornets would except the knicks offers discussed here.

BradyIsTheMan12
07-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Management needs Chris Paul, not the other way around

But let's face it, Paul is stuck with management whether he needs them or not.

jiggin
07-03-2010, 05:32 PM
send him Portland's way...

SluggeR
07-03-2010, 05:56 PM

If was to go down, they could. Curry's contract, TD, Chandler or Galli, and could see if they could work sumn out with Al Harrington.

Method28
07-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Overrated? By who?

The fact he was an all-star is ridiculous. I live in LA so most of my friends are Laker fans. When I talk to them about N.O. they bring up "well Paul has West, he's a beast"

I need new friends lol

MagicBucsSox
07-03-2010, 06:36 PM

know your history youngbuck, Kobe was the same way after Shaq until gasol. the guy was furious with buss and kipchek for bringing in no talent. he was close to signing with the Clippers, they were even willing to move the franchise to Anahiem closer to his house

knickfan4life
07-03-2010, 06:45 PM

only way the hornets are gonna move CP3 is if the knicks take on one of their WORS contracts, so this trade, you would have to replace james posey with okafur and then the hornets would do it, but i dont know if the knicks wanna give up gallanari, theyre crazy about that kid, u think hornets would do it w/ a future first round pick instead of gallanari?

Kakaroach
07-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I think the Hornets GM should put more pieces around CP3, but thats tough to do when your near/over the luxury tax. Just ask my Jazz, they had to trade Eric Maynor and Ronnie Brewer just to lower their luxury tax.

knickfan4life
07-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Last time I checked the Blazers are pretty good in the present so I guess I can do that as well. The point is that the Hornets are not going to let the Knicks bend them over and have their way just because Paul wants the bright lights, no chance in hell that happens. The last line in your post applies in any CP3 trade scenario as well.

ur tlkin smack about what the knicks have not done in the last decade, when the last time u played for a ring? 91? u guys went n fired the best thing that ever happened to ur franchise, ur GM, and since ur new smart GM is gonna be great, what is he gonna offer to get CP3?

stop bein unrealistic man, u dont have the CAP SPACE to offer them relief of bad contracts, present a diff team, maybe the HEAT would be good...

they could get both CP3 and Okafur for beasley and chalmers... thats a good trade, gives the heat space for 2 max guys and cp3 and gives the hornets the cap relief they need so badly, since their GM is BROKE! he may or may not be cheap, but the guy is BROKE!

knickfan4life
07-03-2010, 06:57 PM
I think the Hornets GM should put more pieces around CP3, but thats tough to do when your near/over the luxury tax. Just ask my Jazz, they had to trade Eric Maynor and Ronnie Brewer just to lower their luxury tax.

im so envious of how ur team is being run man.... u guys are probably a top 5 franchise in terms of ownership, gm's, coaches, player scouts, player development, the only problem ur franchise has is they dont have the revenue to exceed the cap by a lot... if u guys were in a big city, you would be nothing short of the lakers for SURE

BradyIsTheMan12
07-03-2010, 07:09 PM
ur tlkin smack about what the knicks have not done in the last decade, when the last time u played for a ring? 91? u guys went n fired the best thing that ever happened to ur franchise, ur GM, and since ur new smart GM is gonna be great, what is he gonna offer to get CP3?

stop bein unrealistic man, u dont have the CAP SPACE to offer them relief of bad contracts, present a diff team, maybe the HEAT would be good...

they could get both CP3 and Okafur for beasley and chalmers... thats a good trade, gives the heat space for 2 max guys and cp3 and gives the hornets the cap relief they need so badly, since their GM is BROKE! he may or may not be cheap, but the guy is BROKE!

You do realize cap space is more than just a number right? We have the pieces that can expire after the season and young guys who are cheap to give a good deal.

Also, what part of my posting indicated I actually think Paul is coming or that our GM situation is good? All I have been saying is that even with our flaws we can still offer a much better package than New York..

fishfan79
07-03-2010, 07:12 PM

would love that personally put boozer/bosh/amare and wade with Cp3 and you have a killer team going forward

Interesting to consider but I just cant see NO trading CP3

JordansBulls
07-04-2010, 12:55 AM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/02/chris-paul-trade-rumors-could-be-the-next-talk-of-the-town/

The Hornets should trade CP3 while his value is extremely high now.

Raph12
07-04-2010, 12:58 AM
The Hornets should trade CP3 while his value is extremely high now.

Exactly, Otis get something done ASAP!

defender4m
07-04-2010, 01:12 AM
i think a deal of harris/favors/first rounder for paul/okafor is a better deal then any other team will give

Raph12
07-04-2010, 01:19 AM
Nelson, Carter's 16mil expiring and our trade exception for CP3, Okafor and Posey, you could throw Peja in there also, that easily trumps your deal defender4m. We give them much more cap relief than you do and something solid to ease the hit they take from losing CP3.

defender4m
07-04-2010, 01:21 AM
Harris is better than Nelson when healthy as we saw two years ago. And yea u give them cap room, but we give them a promising rookie with the sky as his potential.

JerseysFinest
07-04-2010, 01:28 AM
the nets would presumably offer harris, favors, lee, a first, second, 3 mil, and a te for paul and posey

Raph12
07-04-2010, 01:32 AM
Harris is better than Nelson when healthy as we saw two years ago. And yea u give them cap room, but we give them a promising rookie with the sky as his potential.

Harris' 2008-09 stats per 36mins:
21.2PPG 43.8FG% 29.1THR% 82.0FT% 3.3RPG 6.9APG 1.6SPG 0.2BPG 3.1TPG

Nelson's 2008-09 stats per 36mins:
19.3PPG 50.3FG% 45.3THR% 88.7FT% 4.0RPG 6.2APG 1.4SPG 0.1BPG 2.3TPG

So what exactly is Harris better than Jameer at? You don't even want to see the Advanced Stats, Jameer was hurt all year long, he started playing at his best going into the playoffs and was our best guy (besides Dwight) all playoffs long.

Face it, Jameer healthy>>>Harris healthy; better passer, shooter, rebounder, defender... Shall I continue?

Yeah you give them a solid rookie in Wes Johnson, but we give them a guy like Carter who sells tickets, keep them competitive and is a 17mil dollar expiring next offseason. Plus he'd rather play with his boy Dwight than the uncertain Nets anyday of the week. If he's traded, we are probably the most likely to land him.

Patrick Swayze
07-04-2010, 01:33 AM

HAHAHAHA yea they are going to trade him for a fugitive

Raph12
07-04-2010, 01:33 AM
the nets would presumably offer harris, favors, lee, a first, second, 3 mil, and a te for paul and posey

Again, we give them a better deal, more cap relief (a biggie with the owner), less contracts and better players.

defender4m
07-04-2010, 01:35 AM
really from ur stats it shows that devin avged more ppg and assists. but thats just me. and ur right if we got cp3 i dont think lebron and bosh wud wanna play with him here.

Raph12
07-04-2010, 01:52 AM
really from ur stats it shows that devin avged more ppg and assists. but thats just me. and ur right if we got cp3 i dont think lebron and bosh wud wanna play with him here.

0.9 points higher on 6% lower from the field, 16% lower from the arc and 7% lower from the FT line, wow wonder how bad Jameer has to play to make up that 0.9 difference. :rolleyes:

Ast-to ratio for Harris; 6.9:3.1 AKA 2.2 assists per turnover
Ast-to ratio for Nelson; 6.2:2.3 AKA 2.7 assists per turnover

Stop talking bro, there's no comparison, when both are healthy, Nelson is better than Harris in every aspect of the game. If Lebron and Bosh wanted, they could play with Wade, who's better than CP3, why would CP3 want to go to the Nets, in the HOPES that they'll get Lebron and Bosh?

Cmon bro, you're embarassing yourself.

mynameismo
07-04-2010, 01:54 AM
NO should trade him now while his stocks are high. They'll get a lot from him now than if they wait for NO to struggle and CP3 demands a trade.

ORL: CP3 + Dwight Howard would be awesome
NJ/NY/MIA: CP3 here would be interesting, max FA's would surely come
POR/OKL: can offer lots of young talents, NO might be forced to say yes

Cbast09
07-04-2010, 01:56 AM
It's very frustrating when you put your body on the line to get your team wins and they do nothing in return to really make the team a contender.

Raph12
07-04-2010, 02:05 AM
Here's a deal I was discussing with a Piston's fan:

Magic Send: Jameer + Carter + Trade Exception
Magic Receive: Paul + Posey + Rip

Hornets Send : Paul + Posey + Okafor
Hornets Receive: Jameer + Carter

Pistons Send: Rip
Pistons Receive: Okafor

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25fpupm

I think this would be a great trade for all parties involved, this move would immediately clear 22mil from the Hornet's 2011-12 payroll and the Pistons would be getting Okafor for Rip, a much needed serviceable big for a guy they we trying to trade.

knickfan4life
07-04-2010, 02:18 AM
You do realize cap space is more than just a number right? We have the pieces that can expire after the season and young guys who are cheap to give a good deal.

Also, what part of my posting indicated I actually think Paul is coming or that our GM situation is good? All I have been saying is that even with our flaws we can still offer a much better package than New York..

and im saying you cant, BECAUSE they want cap relief, you cannot offer that, you can giv players, yes, your talent level is higher, but you cannot give them cap relief, if they did not need the relief, believe me, they would be trading collison, not CP3... IF cp3 is even on the market, that is not even know yet.

knickfan4life
07-04-2010, 02:21 AM
would love that personally put boozer/bosh/amare and wade with Cp3 and you have a killer team going forward

Interesting to consider but I just cant see NO trading CP3

I hear you man, believe me lol

But i feel like that owner is financially in HORRIBLE shape, which is why he is dying to sell the team. If he cant sell it soon, he has no choice but to trade a couple guys with heavy contracts and CP3 would be his only possible option, because noone is taking Okafur without either CP3 or Collison and I think CP3 is more likely to be moved if they cant afford to keep high paid players. He is a superstar and wants to win, they wont be able to keep him around and keep trading away talent to save money

knickfan4life
07-04-2010, 02:24 AM
i think a deal of harris/favors/first rounder for paul/okafor is a better deal then any other team will give

why would the nets do that unless they sign another max? trade young assets for a player who has a bad contract (whom btw you have someone in his position already, so you either cut Brooke Lopez's minutes, or you pay a guy $60M to ride the bench for the next 4 years and hold up all your cap space) and you get CP3, who, if your not able to sign anyone else will also ask you to trade him and well, your trading away young talent, especially favors and the next pick, if your not a playoff team, that pick can get pretty high up there.

knickfan4life
07-04-2010, 02:29 AM

u have NO CLUE about the cap do you? how are you going to have CP3, OKAFUR, COMBINE $26M salary plus humphries and boone, $5M plus Lopez, t Will, Q Ross and Dooling making another $7.5M... thats like $38-$39M.... that leaves u barely enough for 1 max, how are you gonna sign bosh AND lebron?

good try tho

knickfan4life
07-04-2010, 02:33 AM
Here's a deal I was discussing with a Piston's fan:

Magic Send: Jameer + Carter + Trade Exception
Magic Receive: Paul + Posey + Rip

Hornets Send : Paul + Posey + Okafor
Hornets Receive: Jameer + Carter

Pistons Send: Rip
Pistons Receive: Okafor

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25fpupm

I think this would be a great trade for all parties involved, this move would immediately clear 22mil from the Hornet's 2011-12 payroll and the Pistons would be getting Okafor for Rip, a much needed serviceable big for a guy they we trying to trade.

this is a good trade, but carter and nelson have heavy contracts, these guys want to get under the cap soon, plus they dont want a PG, they wanna rebuild and they feel collison is good enough... maybe someone else for jameer?

mynameismo
07-04-2010, 02:39 AM
How bout a 3-way with OKL and DET

NO gets:
R.Westbrook (Young Talent)
J.Green (Young Talent)
N.Collison (6M 2years)
T.Prince (10M 2years)
**Young Talent + Solid Vets + Get rid of Okafor's contract

OKL gets:
C.Paul (Arguably Top PG, OKL city loves him)
J.Wright (2M Filler, Young Talent)

DET gets:
E.Okafor (Solid Bigman, reunites with Ben Gordon)

I don't think Presti will do this though. That guy gets the best deals.

The Jokemaker
07-04-2010, 02:39 AM
It took Paul this long to realize management wasn't focused on winning a contending team? That selloff of Chandler wasn't a giveaway?

Hornets should trade him now before he gets really disgruntled and forces their hand. It's time to rebuild.

Raph12
07-04-2010, 02:58 AM
this is a good trade, but carter and nelson have heavy contracts, these guys want to get under the cap soon, plus they dont want a PG, they wanna rebuild and they feel collison is good enough... maybe someone else for jameer?

Nelson is an AS point when healthy and has 3yrs at 8m on his contract (player option on the 3rd year). Carter's expiring after this season, which means NO would have cleared 22mil with this trade off of the 2011-12 payroll, plus they'd sell tickets with VC for the one-yr rental. Jameer has a decent contract, he's very tradeable, they can keep him as insurance for Collison or trade him for another expiring, not that difficult.

Let's do the math:

Jameer's contract has a player option on the third year, something he'll likely pick up. So basically they're taking on Carter's $17.5m he makes next season and the guaranteed $14m on Jameer's contract, that's a combined ~$32m coming in.

Now let's look at what they're sending out; $32m guaranteed from CP3's contract, $52m guaranteed from Okafor's contract and the $13.5m guaranteed from Posey's contract, that's a combined ~$97.5m going out.

Total cap saved: $65.5m saved

They save a lot and still ease the hit they'd take from trading Paul, Detroit gets rid of Rip while getting that center they need, while Orlando gets Dwight a lot of help in the form of CP3 and Rip and still have the flexibility to make a move for a real PF (ie: Bass+Anderson+Redick for Boozer)... Great deal for everyone involved.

BradyIsTheMan12
07-04-2010, 03:18 AM
It took Paul this long to realize management wasn't focused on winning a contending team? That selloff of Chandler wasn't a giveaway?

Hornets should trade him now before he gets really disgruntled and forces their hand. It's time to rebuild.

It's not like they were intentionally taking garbage in Okafor. His contract is holding the team back heavily now.

The Raven
07-04-2010, 04:08 AM

ya. That right there should of at least opened Paul's eyes as to how the tea, didnt have winning first but more money and cap space first more then anything. It doesnt seem like the Hornets are committed to winning at all so if i were them, i would trade him now while his stock is high so as to get as much back for him as possible.

If they truly care about winning though, they better step it up and sign someone before its too late

JiffyMix88
07-04-2010, 04:30 AM

im positive they can get more than that bs for chris paul

ryder78c
07-04-2010, 04:42 AM

Portland offered Batum,Miller,Pryzbilla,Bayless,first round Draft Pick for paul okafor or Peja i think throw in rudy & 2nd Round Draft Pick and get posey Peja no okafor

Joel P
West/ (Possibly Okafor)
Batum/Rudy
Miller/Rudy/Thorton
Collinson/Bayless

BradyIsTheMan12
07-04-2010, 05:42 AM

They can, Portland has already offered a better package than that during the draft and it was rejected.

Method28
07-04-2010, 10:09 AM
I understand some of u guys saying if they're committed to winning they need to sign someone now before its too late but the problem is, this team isn't a mike miller or JJ Redick away from a title. They're a Chris Bosh/Dwight Howard/Pau Gasol type of player away. They can't sign someone like that, no money. They're in a very tough position and its not looking for good.

gordo08
07-04-2010, 10:23 AM
the rumored Portland deal makes a lot of sense for New Orleans if the are going to rebuild

johnwayne
07-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Nelson, Carter's 16mil expiring and our trade exception for CP3, Okafor and Posey, you could throw Peja in there also, that easily trumps your deal defender4m. We give them much more cap relief than you do and something solid to ease the hit they take from losing CP3.

LMAO....whaaaaattt??? hey im a bulls fan i could care less but that is the most ridiculous thing ive seen in a while....nelson B-...carter C+.......for.....chris paul A....Okafor B...and peja C- ?????? worst trade ive ever heard of......defender4m was way closer with Harris B+...Favors B+...and nets 1st....DONT BE A HOMER!!!!

Raph12
07-04-2010, 10:42 AM
LMAO....whaaaaattt??? hey im a bulls fan i could care less but that is the most ridiculous thing ive seen in a while....nelson B-...carter C+.......for.....chris paul A....Okafor B...and peja C- ?????? worst trade ive ever heard of......defender4m was way closer with Harris B+...Favors B+...and nets 1st....DONT BE A HOMER!!!!

You're a ******;

1. Nelson's better than Harris, easily

2. Carter's 400x better than Okafor, and is an expiring this season

3. This move would clear up millions and millions in cap space

It's not about finding a fair trade, it's about finding a decent trade and shredding salary... Think before you talk smartass.

defender4m
07-04-2010, 11:20 AM
u have NO CLUE about the cap do you? how are you going to have CP3, OKAFUR, COMBINE $26M salary plus humphries and boone, $5M plus Lopez, t Will, Q Ross and Dooling making another $7.5M... thats like $38-$39M.... that leaves u barely enough for 1 max, how are you gonna sign bosh AND lebron?

good try tho

I think thorn would be able to get another team involved to take okafor, so there is 2 max plus cp3. get a clue

Raidaz4Life
07-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Portland offered Batum,Miller,Pryzbilla,Bayless,first round Draft Pick for paul okafor or Peja i think throw in rudy & 2nd Round Draft Pick and get posey Peja no okafor

Joel P
West/ (Possibly Okafor)
Batum/Rudy
Miller/Rudy/Thorton
Collinson/Bayless

I would take the trade I formulated with the Knicks over that considering Miller and Bayless would be worthless since they already have Collison.

So really its only Batum, Pryzbilla and a first. I'd much rather have Gallo, Chandler, Douglass, and Curry's expiring.

johnwayne
07-06-2010, 05:43 AM
You're a ******;

1. Nelson's better than Harris, easily
2. Carter's 400x better than Okafor, and is an expiring this season

3. This move would clear up millions and millions in cap space

It's not about finding a fair trade, it's about finding a decent trade and shredding salary... Think before you talk smartass.

1. only an orlando fan would say such a ridiculous thing

2. carter sucks, get over it, why do u think they wanna get rid of him, u must be the biggest homer on PSD, carter has about as much trade value as peja

3.who said it wasnt about finding a fair trade? do u work for the hornets FO??? they arent trying to get rid of CP3 for cap space you ****.

stop posting on PSD, its homers like u that make this site bullshitt

saintdrew
07-06-2010, 10:29 AM
all of these trades are awful. for a guy like chris paul, a team must give up someone big.

saintdrew
07-06-2010, 10:30 AM
1. only an orlando fan would say such a ridiculous thing

2. carter sucks, get over it, why do u think they wanna get rid of him, u must be the biggest homer on PSD, carter has about as much trade value as peja

3.who said it wasnt about finding a fair trade? do u work for the hornets FO??? they arent trying to get rid of CP3 for cap space you ****.

stop posting on PSD, its homers like u that make this site bullshitt

^ Nail on the head right there.

S-Dot
07-06-2010, 10:33 AM
I really just can't see CP3 leaving via trade. He means too much to that team. I hope they can figure this situation out and get him some help soon.

srfr4life
07-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Didn't they clear enough cap space in the draft?

Secondly, has Paul officially come out and say he wants a trade? Or is it just a matter of time?

I wonder if he'd rather play with Howard or Lebron? Not from a friendship stand point, from a who compliments each other's game better?

It seems to me that big men are harder to come by. Of course, you're talking to a MAGIC fan.

Patrick Swayze
07-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Where do some of you come up with your trade ideas? :laugh2: