PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony strongly leaning towards declining extension

JordansBulls
07-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Carmelo Anthony is "strongly considering declining" the Nuggets' three-year, $65 million contract offer, according to Newsday. If he does decline, the Knicks may try to pry him from Denver with a trade offer. The Nuggets could be forced to trade him to ensure he won't walk for nothing as a free agent, though at this point it's all speculation. Stoking the fires is the fact that Melo and his wife were both born in Brooklyn, and they recently listed their Denver-area mansion for sale.

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo;JSESSIONID=D81D6C928C9FBB385F42.2742?site=n ewsday&view=page3&feed:a=newsday_5min&feed:c=sports&feed:i=1.2075105&nopaging=1

tdunk21
07-03-2010, 08:30 AM
maybe he is looking for a bigger crib.....or maybe he is on the move?

Mochalman
07-03-2010, 08:31 AM
my guess is he wants a bigger house because he just signed an extension

tdunk21
07-03-2010, 08:34 AM

he did not sign the extension yet....he was just offered an extension......btw ur sig is awesome.....i wish to see both of them on floor again.....

VIP1349
07-03-2010, 08:36 AM
It's being said he wanted to move closer to Denver.

philab
07-03-2010, 08:41 AM
NBA players aren't allowed to participate in the real estate market unless they're being traded or signing elsewhere. It's in the league's bylaws.

Mochalman
07-03-2010, 08:41 AM
he did not sign the extension yet....he was just offered an extension......btw ur sig is awesome.....i wish to see both of them on floor again.....

well I meant, he was about to or it hasn't be announced that he will sign it. and yeah, just for one game bring in robinson.

NYKalltheway
07-03-2010, 08:45 AM
NBA players aren't allowed to participate in the real estate market unless they're being traded or signing elsewhere. It's in the league's bylaws.

:confused::confused::confused:

Gxray
07-03-2010, 08:57 AM
:confused::confused::confused:

*whooosh*

VIP1349
07-03-2010, 08:59 AM
*whooosh*
He'll get it in a bit.

thawv
07-03-2010, 09:21 AM
"NBA players aren't allowed to participate in the real estate market unless they're being traded or signing elsewhere. It's in the league's bylaws."

Link please. This would just be crazy, and I can't believe it's true. Once a player buys a home, he's not allowed to move unless he's changing teams? I doubt it.

Gxray
07-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Wow...

Sarcasm is clearly a hard concept for some people on PSD

DCB/LAL
07-03-2010, 09:30 AM
"NBA players aren't allowed to participate in the real estate market unless they're being traded or signing elsewhere. It's in the league's bylaws."

Link please. This would just be crazy, and I can't believe it's true. Once a player buys a home, he's not allowed to move unless he's changing teams? I doubt it.

:facepalm:

He was being sarcastic as in trying to say that maybe the guys just wants a new home.

Maybe your being sarcastic and my sarcasm senses aren't kicking in? :shrug:

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Why would I point that out maybe you weren't being sarcastic but now you'll go and say you were being sarcastic just so everyone thinks you were being sarcastic even though you weren't being sarcastic. :shrug:

Anyway he was being sarcastic.

Reversed86Curse
07-03-2010, 09:33 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks, I feel better about myself now

thawv
07-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Wow! How did I miss that. I'm usually not THAT stupid.

T

effen5
07-03-2010, 09:55 AM
omgz JB hes cominG To thE BuLLs!!!!

mser58
07-03-2010, 09:56 AM
see ya in Philly Melo

Melo + ET = ringssssss

DanielC
07-03-2010, 09:57 AM
He wants a bigger house?

magichatnumber9
07-03-2010, 10:01 AM
I heard he is a die hard celtics fan

The Raven
07-03-2010, 10:10 AM
hmm seems more legit that the trade rumors could be true. i doubt it though

oak2455
07-03-2010, 10:16 AM
It's being said he wanted to move closer to Denver.

and NY......From NY and so is his wife:rolleyes:

R_O_W_E
07-03-2010, 10:19 AM
and NY......From NY and so is his wife:rolleyes:

Melo is not from NY. He was born there, but he is from Baltimore.

If anything he'd want to come closer to home and play with the Wizards.

R_O_W_E
07-03-2010, 10:21 AM
see ya in Philly Melo

Melo + ET = ringssssss

Im sure Denver really wants an overpaid #3 option Iguodala as their new "Franchise" player.:rolleyes:

Melo15
07-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Even I have to admit this is starting to get interesting. If he wants to start being a egomaniac like these guys in free agency are then just trade him. As much as I love him i'd rather see our team get some young talent back instead of not getting anything.

yanks08
07-03-2010, 10:37 AM

his wife is from brooklyn and wanting to come back to ny for career purposes.

R_O_W_E
07-03-2010, 10:40 AM
his wife is from brooklyn and wanting to come back to ny for career purposes.

When has he said he wants to come to NY?

When has he said he wants to leave Denver?

The only thing this man did was put his house for sale, and you're already welcoming him to NY. :laugh2:

DCB/LAL
07-03-2010, 10:54 AM

The only thing this man did was put his house for sale, and you're already welcoming him to NY. :laugh2:

Same thing happened 2 years ago when the Lebron talk started.

R_O_W_E
07-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Same thing happened 2 years ago when the Lebron talk started.

That talk actually made sense with LeBron's huge ego & his plan to become a sports billionaire marketed globally.

This whole nonsense just doesn't apply to Melo. Carmelo Anthony is not marketable to a broader audience. He lost that marketability with his incidents off the court which people still remember and hold against him. Melo is all about basketball, not trying to be a corporate sponsor to sell shoes to kids in Germany.

R_O_W_E
07-03-2010, 11:05 AM
A Nuggets source recently called talk of trading Anthony "absolute speculation" but did not deny it as a possible result if Anthony does not want to re-sign. A member of the NBA's famed 2003 draft class, Anthony has not been able to raise his stature to that of James and Wade, and a move to a major market could help.
http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo;JSESSIONID=D81D6C928C9FBB385F42.2742?site=n ewsday&view=page3&feed:a=newsday_5min&feed:c=sports&feed:i=1.2075105&nopaging=1

:laugh2:

yanks08
07-03-2010, 11:08 AM

:facepalm: sound like a denver fan being scared that his star player does not want to stay :ohno:

:laugh2: lol i never said he wanted to come here and you losing it lol.

Melo15
07-03-2010, 11:12 AM
:facepalm: sound like a denver fan being scared that his star player does not want to stay :ohno:

I'm a Nuggets fan and I clearly don't want to lose him but if we do trade him it won't be to New York. We likely would look to deal him for young talent and all you guys can offer us is Gallo, remember though all this is speculation. I do agree that if he left us in free agency though it would likely be for New York or Washington.

oak2455
07-03-2010, 11:13 AM

:laugh2:

His wife is from NY I know thats hard for you to understand not saying hes coming but he was born there played at the cuse which is in NY or Baltimore:facepalm:Anthony, who was born in Brooklyn’s Red Hook projects, is married to former MTV VJ LaLa Vazquez, who also was born in Brooklyn and is said to want to move back to New York for career purposes. They recently put their $9.5-million mansion in suburban Denver on the market. Just saying:D

R_O_W_E
07-03-2010, 11:15 AM

U mad?

When did I become a Denver fan? I am a fan of the Warriors.

R_O_W_E
07-03-2010, 11:18 AM
His wife is from NY I know thats hard for you to understand not saying hes coming but he was born there played at the cuse which is in NY or Baltimore:facepalm:Anthony, who was born in Brooklyn’s Red Hook projects, is married to former MTV VJ LaLa Vazquez, who also was born in Brooklyn and is said to want to move back to New York for career purposes. They recently put their $9.5-million mansion in suburban Denver on the market. Just saying:D

Steve Nash was born in South Africa. Does that mean he wants to play on a South Africa basketball team? :rolleyes:

Carmelo Anthony was born in New York. He is not from New York. You're not getting a hometown discount because NY isn't his hometown, his hometown is Baltimore where he has invested his own millions into programs here. Denver isn't trading Melo to NY who has 0 assets to trade back.

Link to Carmelo Anthony actually saying he wanted to move back to New York? :cool:

Quoting Newsday or the NY Post's sport section isn't good for your health.

bahama0811
07-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Steve Nash was born in South Africa. Does that mean he wants to play on a South Africa basketball team? :rolleyes:

Carmelo Anthony was born in New York. He is not from New York. You're not getting a hometown discount because NY isn't his hometown, his hometown is Baltimore where he has invested his own millions into programs here. Denver isn't trading Melo to NY who has 0 assets to trade back.

Link to Carmelo Anthony actually saying he wanted to move back to New York? :cool:

Quoting Newsday or the NY Post's sport section isn't good for your health.

Steve Nash was born in Canada.

R_O_W_E
07-03-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm a Nuggets fan and I clearly don't want to lose him but if we do trade him it won't be to New York. We likely would look to deal him for young talent and all you guys can offer us is Gallo, remember though all this is speculation. I do agree that if he left us in free agency though it would likely be for New York or Washington.

I basically said the same. I dont understand why people continually underestimate Washington DC when it is a major US market.

I doubt it would even be NY who gets Melo. New Jersey seems much more likely since 1 year from then they're going to be moving to Brooklyn, that place where Carmelo Anthony was born.:cool: New Jersey also has pieces to trade back unlike NY.

R_O_W_E
07-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Steve Nash was born in Canada.

Steve Nash was born in South Africa. However Steve Nash is from Canada.

bahama0811
07-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Steve Nash was born in South Africa. However Steve Nash is from Canada.

You're right, my bad.

td0tsfinest
07-03-2010, 11:35 AM

thats what I was thinking.

x_notorious
07-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Carmelo Anthony is "strongly considering declining" the Nuggets' three-year, $65 million contract offer, according to Newsday. If he does decline, the Knicks may try to pry him from Denver with a trade offer. The Nuggets could be forced to trade him to ensure he won't walk for nothing as a free agent, though at this point it's all speculation. Stoking the fires is the fact that Melo and his wife were both born in Brooklyn, and they recently listed their Denver-area mansion for sale.

rotoworld

oak2455
07-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Now that Melo has declined the Nuggets are looking to trade. Sources are suggesting that the only way they would listen to new york is if t was Eddy Curry + Gallo + another player and pick/s.:)

Go_NUGGETS
07-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Idiots...Everytime I see somethin about Melo, they always mention him being born in Brooklyn.

NY WILL NOT GET HIM IN A TRADE.

Sixerlover
07-03-2010, 01:12 PM

What's only a hour from B-More, and a hour and a half from NY?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iA4CY5eDmo4/SX9oILg0SDI/AAAAAAAAAqQ/of8XEbTCJ9w/s400/5961.gif

Bornknick73
07-03-2010, 01:16 PM
What people fail to understand.....if a player is set on going to a certain team theres nothing their current team can do about it. No matter who they try to trade him to he can just say he wont play for them. Its been done countless times. All a player has to do is tell the team wanting to trade for them is...I dont want to play for you. Players have forced thier way to other teams for years, this isnt a exception. If he only wants to play for NY he will force DEN to trade him there.

crewfan13
07-03-2010, 01:20 PM
I think just to stop this New York debate, Denver should just trade him to Milwaukee.

Go_NUGGETS
07-03-2010, 01:21 PM
What people fail to understand.....if a player is set on going to a certain team theres nothing their current team can do about it. No matter who they try to trade him to he can just say he wont play for them. Its been done countless times. All a player has to do is tell the team wanting to trade for them is...I dont want to play for you. Players have forced thier way to other teams for years, this isnt a exception. If he only wants to play for NY he will force DEN to trade him there.

The FO pays him...He doesnt pay the FO....And theres no "clauses" in his contract that says he has command on where he wants to go...He'll be sent to a team that gives us a superstar back.

Mcdyess didnt want to be traded to Denver, but he still got sent here, and his contract bought out.

LOL @ Knicks fans.

Sadds The Gr8
07-03-2010, 01:26 PM
talk about makin somethin outta nothin...

Kakaroach
07-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Strongly leaning towards declining? I'd just take the extension and have a nice 3 years and then sign. Pretty risky move if he does decline money-wise with the new CBA coming in next year.

Bornknick73
07-03-2010, 02:05 PM
The FO pays him...He doesnt pay the FO....And theres no "clauses" in his contract that says he has command on where he wants to go...He'll be sent to a team that gives us a superstar back.

Mcdyess didnt want to be traded to Denver, but he still got sent here, and his contract bought out.

LOL @ Knicks fans.

you can laugh at us all you want, but the fact remains your man has 65 mil on the table, which he isnt jumping at and hes putting his house on the market. I dont think you should be laughing at anyone. Your franchise player wants out. And no teams want a guy in a trade who doesnt want to be there. We've all been watching sports long enough to see what a unhappy superstar can do to a team.

And if you think your gonna get a superstar back you are delusional, look up every team that traded its franchise player in the history of the NBA. In every instance the franchise team never got equal value. So laugh away. Laugh him all the way out the door. Because hes got 1 foot in mine.

hype707
07-03-2010, 02:07 PM
which means he will be traded this year

Mudvayne91
07-03-2010, 02:15 PM
There is absolutely nothing the Nuggets would want from the Knicks that is fair value for him. Sorry NY fans, you'll have to wait at least one year. Even under fair value, the Knicks do not have anything....

Go_NUGGETS
07-03-2010, 02:21 PM
you can laugh at us all you want, but the fact remains your man has 65 mil on the table, which he isnt jumping at and hes putting his house on the market. I dont think you should be laughing at anyone. Your franchise player wants out. And no teams want a guy in a trade who doesnt want to be there. We've all been watching sports long enough to see what a unhappy superstar can do to a team.

And if you think your gonna get a superstar back you are delusional, look up every team that traded its franchise player in the history of the NBA. In every instance the franchise team never got equal value. So laugh away. Laugh him all the way out the door. Because hes got 1 foot in mine.

I will keep laughin.

LOL @ Knicks fans....Desperate, because of their garbage *** team.

Melo has already stated he wants to stay, but he wants to make sure the team is able to win. He hasn't accepted the offer yet, because he's playing chess with the FO...He's making them put in work and get the right guys around him..

So I will keep laughing at your delusional dreams....Nuggets are not rebuilding, if we trade Melo, it';s for equal talent.

D Roses Bulls
07-03-2010, 02:22 PM

how would the knicks get involved? what do they have to trade except some magic beans

29$JerZ
07-03-2010, 02:25 PM
how would the knicks get involved? what do they have to trade except some magic beans

They'd probably want Lee, Danilo, and maybe some future picks if they can waiti that long.

Doesn't mean we get him but it doesn't hurt to try and see what we can do to get him if he declines an option.

thedfactor
07-03-2010, 02:31 PM
It's better if he doesn't and just waits until next summer to be a FA

thesparky33
07-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Strongly leaning towards declining? I'd just take the extension and have a nice 3 years and then sign. Pretty risky move if he does decline money-wise with the new CBA coming in next year.
Well, no team would gut their best players for him and/or valuable assets for him to not have an extension already in place.

What that means, is its a lot like the Garnett trade in 2007. Garnett gave the okay to be traded to Boston (cuz he only was under contract until 2008), and Boston wanted him to agree to a 3 year extension before they'd give up over half of their team for him.

That's exactly what would happen if this situation ever gets this far, because no team would give up what they'd have to for Melo, and only have this next year guaranteed. No way.

BkOriginalOne
07-03-2010, 02:56 PM
As long as Melo is in title contention that's fine.

NY would accept him and it would be nice.
I would like Chris Paul over Parker, though.

Where's KG?
07-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Maybe he goes to the Wolves. Al Jefferson and the rights to Rubio for Melo......For $$ purposes we throw in say Corey Brewer as well.

Melo15
07-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Maybe he goes to the Wolves. Al Jefferson and the rights to Rubio for Melo......For $$ purposes we throw in say Corey Brewer as well.

If we do end up putting him on the trading block that is a very good package for him, probably the best i've heard so far.

NBAfan4life
07-03-2010, 03:11 PM

That would be awesome, but I dont ever see a true superstar coming to MN unless he was drafted. Mn has a long history of trading stars away for role players. We always get robbed.

R_O_W_E
07-03-2010, 03:12 PM
If we do end up putting him on the trading block that is a very good package for him, probably the best i've heard so far.

You can have Monta, Biedrins, Buike, & Wright on the condition Melo agrees to a longterm extension with the Warriors.

Thats probably 4/5 of our starting lineup next season.:(

JordansBulls
07-03-2010, 04:52 PM
I think the Nuggets need a guy like David Lee and they are set.

Billups
Smith
Melo
Lee
Nene

bahama0811
07-03-2010, 04:57 PM

He's losing money on his house, that's a good reason to sell. He's said he wants to be in Denver.

BradyIsTheMan12
07-03-2010, 05:49 PM
I bet Melo sticks around, he's just tying to see what his leverage is.

JordansBulls
07-03-2010, 06:31 PM
I bet Melo sticks around, he's just tying to see what his leverage is.

Or if the team will help him out. Everyone is going to do what Kobe did a few years ago to see if management is committed to winning or not.

BradyIsTheMan12
07-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Or if the team will help him out. Everyone is going to do what Kobe did a few years ago to see if management is committed to winning or not.

Agreed.

Kakaroach
07-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Still, I'd be pretty surprised if he actually didn't accept this max extension. I don't think he'd make this kind of money with the new CBA that will be in place.

BradyIsTheMan12
07-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Still, I'd be pretty surprised if he actually didn't accept this max extension. I don't think he'd make this kind of money with the new CBA that will be in place.

Exactly why his move to "not sign" at the moment is more of an empty gesture. He wants to pressure the Nuggets to make a move for someone even though he has no intention of not signing.

nuggetsyankees
07-03-2010, 06:54 PM
so if you sell your house does that mean you're gonna get a job in a different city? :facepalm:

bostncelts34
07-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Sign and trade Ray Ray, davis, sheeds contract and a future pick :)

Twolves88
07-03-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm thinking nets. He was born in Brooklyn.... and the nets are moving there...

blah-blah
07-03-2010, 07:44 PM

whaaat? is this true?

Mochalman
07-03-2010, 09:14 PM
^^no one can tell that was 100% sarcasm on his end?

Allstar21
07-03-2010, 10:36 PM
melo to the nets!

favors + devin harris for melo?...i dunno if that would work salary wise

d-harris + lopez + T-will for melo would work

what kind of contact will Favors be getting?

IBleedPurple
07-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Melo's camp actually mentioned towards the end of last season that he was going to approach the Nuggets about the extension. Hard to believe he's lost interest in the Nuggets since then. Once Kmarts max deal is off the books, and Billups' contract should be very reasonable......it frees up a lot of space for the Nuggets. They have always look to upgrade, but cap concerns have limited them.

goose15
07-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Yeah decline it and comes to NY

justinnum1
07-03-2010, 11:10 PM

And who does NY give to DEN?

Robbw241
07-03-2010, 11:10 PM
melo to the nets!

favors + devin harris for melo?...i dunno if that would work salary wise

d-harris + lopez + T-will for melo would work

what kind of contact will Favors be getting?

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

I would do Harris and Favors though for him if we can get a PG

Draco
07-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Lebron re-signing with the Cavs? That boy was our only hope.

No, there is another.

DenButsu
07-03-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm thinking that this "a person with knowledge of the situation" is just some random a-hole who saw the Westword article about Melo selling his house and jumped to a conclusion. For now, all indications continue to strongly point towards Melo holding out on signing the extension to gain the upper hand in negotiations and force the FO's hand in terms of getting them to bring in some more significant help than they did last summer (some better players than, say, Malik Allen).

But none of the writers who usually have the best inside scoops on what's happening in Nuggetsland (Ben Hochman, Chris Tomasson, etc.) have anything about this. I chalk it up to pure, unfounded conjecture until I see it verified by a third party source who I trust.

Allstar21
07-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

I would do Harris and Favors though for him if we can get a PG

ya the second one is soooo bad but i dont know what the cap figure is for the #3 pick

but if you could keep lopez and get melo...i would do it in a heart-beat
Nets would still have room to get major FA...maybe boozer or d-lee or even possibly amare

they would have a huge hole at PG tho...SG too :P but who cares

Melo + favors or lopez+ another FA are incredible building blocks!

JordansBulls
07-03-2010, 11:52 PM

Would be cool if Lbj went to chi as well. We would have a LBJ bs Melo and Chi vs NYK

Raph12
07-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Maybe NY holds out for Melo next year...

nuggetsyankees
07-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Frank Isola: A Nuggets source claims that Carmelo likely to re-sign with Denver. If I'm Knicks, I go after Tony Parker or Monta Ellis for now Twitter

While Wade, Bosh and James weigh their options, it’s clear that one piece of the puzzle that has been floated as a possibility this summer can absolutely be ruled out. That would be one of the teams in the LeBron-Wade hunt acquiring Carmelo Anthony from the Nuggets in a trade, either as a complementary piece to one of those superstars or as a substitute. “In absolute terms, there aren’t any possibilities of a summer trade [involving Anthony],” a person with direct knowledge of the situation told CBSSports.com Saturday. “That is laughable, laughable, laughable.”

CBSSports.com

/thread

Melo15
07-04-2010, 01:16 AM
Twitter

CBSSports.com

/thread

:dance:

nyanks79
07-04-2010, 01:29 AM
I've talked to Carmelo Anthony that he needs to come out here," Stoudemire said. "I've talked to Tony Parker. Both guys are ready to join me if I decide to come here. So we will see if we can work it out."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/07/03/2010-07-03_amare_rocks_on_bway.html#ixzz0sgkI5w72

Intresting comments. Obviously dosent mean that Melo will come to NY, as Amare isnt locked up yet. But pretty intresting comments anyway. I think the only way something like this would happen is if Melo requested a trade. Obviously the Nuggets have looked to keep him.

slack_justin
07-04-2010, 01:43 AM
he comes to detroit for rip,tay,1st rd pick next year. tays contract expires after this season giving u an extra 10 mil. and still keeping rip and a first rd pick.

Melo15
07-04-2010, 01:46 AM
he comes to detroit for rip,tay,1st rd pick next year. tays contract expires after this season giving u an extra 10 mil. and still keeping rip and a first rd pick.

Hold on one second.............:puke:

ABOMB_56
07-04-2010, 01:51 AM
I've talked to Carmelo Anthony that he needs to come out here," Stoudemire said. "I've talked to Tony Parker. Both guys are ready to join me if I decide to come here. So we will see if we can work it out."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/07/03/2010-07-03_amare_rocks_on_bway.html#ixzz0sgkI5w72

Intresting comments. Obviously dosent mean that Melo will come to NY, as Amare isnt locked up yet. But pretty intresting comments anyway. I think the only way something like this would happen is if Melo requested a trade. Obviously the Nuggets have looked to keep him.

I wonder if Stoudemire is telling the truth. Has he already talked to Melo to gauge his interest in NY? I don't see what the Knicks would offer that could beat out other teams' offers. For example (I am a Rockets fan and will use them for comparison purposes)
Which would the Nuggets rather accept:
Jeffries (Expiring)
Anderson(Expiring)
Battier(Defensive Stopper)
Hill(Young PF with loads of potential)
2011 and 2012 1st round picks of the Knicks
&
Possibly 2012 1st round pick of the Rockets.
To me, that is an attractive offer for the Nuggets

uprightciti
07-04-2010, 01:51 AM
Ur all ascared cuz he is moving to nyc with amare and parker

nyanks79
07-04-2010, 02:00 AM
I wonder if Stoudemire is telling the truth. Has he already talked to Melo to gauge his interest in NY? I don't see what the Knicks would offer that could beat out other teams' offers. For example (I am a Rockets fan and will use them for comparison purposes)
Which would the Nuggets rather accept:
Jeffries (Expiring)
Anderson(Expiring)
Battier(Defensive Stopper)
Hill(Young PF with loads of potential)
2011 and 2012 1st round picks of the Knicks
&
Possibly 2012 1st round pick of the Rockets.
To me, that is an attractive offer for the Nuggets

That is a good package. But first of all why dose everyone think the Rockets have the Knicks 2011 pick. They have the right to swap. Completly different. Also the pick is protected.

I think if the Knicks were to get involved this summer, it would most likely be 3 team deal, involving a S&T of Dlee, Curry's expiring and Wilson Chandler. Also the cap space would help as they contracts wouldnt have to match and they could take on a not so good contract.

And again, the only way I could see something like this happening is if Melo went to Denvers FO and requested a trade.

uprightciti
07-04-2010, 02:01 AM
Knicks sign and trade tmac trade curry for melo
Knicks trade chandler sign and trade harrington for parker

Any questions???

Parker/douglas/my dude
Walker/mle
Melo/gallo
Amare/rook
Mle/rook/min

ABOMB_56
07-04-2010, 02:03 AM
That is a good package. But first of all why dose everyone think the Rockets have the Knicks 2011 pick. They have the right to swap. Completly different. Also the pick is protected.

I think if the Knicks were to get involved this summer, it would most likely be 3 team deal, involving a S&T of Dlee, Curry's expiring and Wilson Chandler. Also the cap space would help as they contracts wouldnt have to match and they could take on a not so good contract.

I understand that, but I'm assuming that the Rockets will have a better record thus swapping picks with the Knicks. As it stands right now, 09 Rockets > 09 Knicks. Knicks add Stoudemire and the Rockets add Yao. Still 10 Rockets > 10 Knicks

OA SLAY
07-04-2010, 02:03 AM
:clap:

:clap:

nyanks79
07-04-2010, 02:09 AM
I understand that, but I'm assuming that the Rockets will have a better record thus swapping picks with the Knicks. As it stands right now, 09 Rockets > 09 Knicks. Knicks add Stoudemire and the Rockets add Yao. Still 10 Rockets > 10 Knicks

True, but the Id be shocked if the Knicks were done. They still could do plenty to improve. Also west is still better then the east by a solid margin, so its not all about record. With a healthy Yao, the Rockets probably are right in the mix as a team that should make the playoffs. But there a still plenty of good teams in the west and there is no guarantee that the Rockets make the playoffs. Obviously its the same for the Knicks, but in the East they should have a good chance to make the playoffs with the more moves they make.

Melo15
07-04-2010, 02:10 AM

Any questions???

Parker/douglas/my dude
Walker/mle
Melo/gallo
Amare/rook
Mle/rook/min

Yeah, what the hell you been smokin man? Lol

ABOMB_56
07-04-2010, 02:19 AM

Any questions???

Parker/douglas/my dude
Walker/mle
Melo/gallo
Amare/rook
Mle/rook/min

Yes. WTF are you talking about. Let me get this clear.

T-mac and Eddy Curry for Melo
Wilson Chandler and Al Harrington for Parker

I don't know whether I should laugh at the absurdity or be concerned about your basketball knowledge

jaded01
07-04-2010, 02:29 AM
the knicks have no one of value. and dont control their own draft picks. therefore melo will not be traded to the knicks.

Mudvayne91
07-04-2010, 02:31 AM
I'm sorry NY fans, but your team is way too awful. Any player on NY + Lee wouldn't get it done. I suppose a 3 way trade may be possible, but I doubt it. I still say he will resign, but if he doesn't, the only way Melo plays for NY is gonna be in 2011 in FA.

Sixerlover
07-04-2010, 02:33 AM
If of course for some reason Carmelo does decline the extension, and asked to be moved to the east coast I wonder if a Speights + Iguodala + Lou Williams + 2012 1st would be better than what NY has to offer?

The Jokemaker
07-04-2010, 02:48 AM
One factor to remember. If Carmelo doesn't want to go to the team who can offer the better package (for example Houston) then that will severely diminish the offers the Nuggets get. No team is going to offer top players and picks for a midseason rental. If Carmelo isn't going to 100% resign with that team (in this case Houston), then Houston won't offer up the best possible package because they face the risk of losing Melo. If this happens, the Knicks offer suddenly doesn't look so bad and they actually have a shot at landing Melo. For comparison, a couple years ago the Atlanta Braves traded Mark Teixiera for Casey Kotchman which is hardly an equal trade in terms of talent. However like Melo, Tex was a free agent at the end of the year and had diminished trade value because it wasn't a guarantee he would resign with that team.

Allstar21
07-04-2010, 03:48 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2d63zwz

and dont even need d-lee!

Allstar21
07-04-2010, 03:59 AM
or
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=235gm84

this trade needs to happen!!!!

VIP1349
07-04-2010, 04:29 AM
While Wade, Bosh and James weigh their options, it’s clear that one piece of the puzzle that has been floated as a possibility this summer can absolutely be ruled out. That would be one of the teams in the LeBron-Wade hunt acquiring Carmelo Anthony from the Nuggets in a trade, either as a complementary piece to one of those superstars or as a substitute. “In absolute terms, there aren’t any possibilities of a summer trade [involving Anthony],” a person with direct knowledge of the situation told CBSSports.com Saturday. “That is laughable, laughable, laughable.”
CBS Sports

Frank Isola: A Nuggets source claims that Carmelo likely to re-sign with Denver. If I'm Knicks, I go after Tony Parker or Monta Ellis for now

Thought I'd throw these out there.

SANDBURG23
07-04-2010, 05:06 AM
This guy really wants to be a Knick, If Amare and anybody else signs the'll be really happt next year. E.Curry and his 10 million gone next year and Knicks can get him to. Some great trio's possible.

Amare-C/Boozer-PF/Anthony-SF
Amare-C/Lee-PF/Anthony-SF
Amare-C/Anthony-SF/Johnson-SG
Amare-C/Bosh-PF/Anthony-SF

Allstar21
07-04-2010, 05:26 AM
amare cannot play center for a team that wants to win a championship
he just cant guard other centers in the nba

Kyben36
07-04-2010, 05:31 AM
I dont understand why you would except an extension. test FA, see what there is to offer. why not. he is a max type guy, see what he can get.

Kyben36
07-04-2010, 05:32 AM
amare cannot play center for a team that wants to win a championship
he just cant guard other centers in the nba

1st of all, he could guard C in the league, but he just wont, hell, he wont even guard PF in this league.

BradyIsTheMan12
07-04-2010, 05:40 AM
I dont understand why you would except an extension. test FA, see what there is to offer. why not. he is a max type guy, see what he can get.

From what I have heard, the CBA could complicate how much money a Max is so that may be a reason to accept the extension. I may be off-base on that one though, just what I heard.

Allstar21
07-04-2010, 05:43 AM
1st of all, he could guard C in the league, but he just wont, hell, he wont even guard PF in this league.
key word in there is "could"

ill believe it when i see it

magichatnumber9
07-04-2010, 07:35 AM
This would be crazy. Melo is nasty

Jesse2272
07-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Melo is built for NYC...

DenButsu
07-04-2010, 08:33 AM

For one thing, he likes Denver and he likes playing for the Nuggets.

For another, he stands to lose a ****load of money if he doesn't accept Denver's extension offer.

As it stands now, he's set to make $18,518,574 in the 2011-12 season if he doesn't opt out of his contract. And if he accepts the extension offer, which is reported as being $65,000,000, then he'll be averaging $21,666,667 per season in 2012-13, 2013-14, and 2014-15.

Enter the new CBA, which will almost certainly limit maximum salaries much more than they are now, probably in the area of $12-13 million. So being generous, let's call it 13, and say that in the same four seasons, rather than making a total of $83,518,574 million, he'd be making a total of $52,000,000, for a loss of $31,518,574 over that 4-year period. Even for someone as rich as Melo, that's a hell of a lot of money to walk away from.

And moreover, with an impending lockout a near certainty, if he opted out he's not even guaranteed to make that full $52,000,000, because he could well end up hung out to dry without a contract at all for an entire season.

Accepting the extension avoids the risk of that happening. It's the safest, surest choice he can make. It provides the most security and stability for his work, family, and financial situation. It provides continuity, and more chances to bring a championship home to the city he's played for his entire career.

I'm sure he's hopeful that by holding out on accepting the extension for the time being, he can strongarm the front office into making some bigger moves this offseason than they have tended to make in offseasons past. But at the end of the day, I'll be flat out shocked if he doesn't ultimately take it.

JordansBulls
07-04-2010, 09:31 AM
I think Denver needs another PF personally. A David Lee or David West is all they need.

jaded01
07-04-2010, 09:33 AM
For one thing, he likes Denver and he likes playing for the Nuggets.

For another, he stands to lose a ****load of money if he doesn't accept Denver's extension offer.

As it stands now, he's set to make $18,518,574 in the 2011-12 season if he doesn't opt out of his contract. And if he accepts the extension offer, which is reported as being $65,000,000, then he'll be averaging $21,666,667 per season in 2012-13, 2013-14, and 2014-15.

Enter the new CBA, which will almost certainly limit maximum salaries much more than they are now, probably in the area of $12-13 million. So being generous, let's call it 13, and say that in the same four seasons, rather than making a total of $83,518,574 million, he'd be making a total of $52,000,000, for a loss of $31,518,574 over that 4-year period. Even for someone as rich as Melo, that's a hell of a lot of money to walk away from.

And moreover, with an impending lockout a near certainty, if he opted out he's not even guaranteed to make that full $52,000,000, because he could well end up hung out to dry without a contract at all for an entire season.

Accepting the extension avoids the risk of that happening. It's the safest, surest choice he can make. It provides the most security and stability for his work, family, and financial situation. It provides continuity, and more chances to bring a championship home to the city he's played for his entire career.

I'm sure he's hopeful that by holding out on accepting the extension for the time being, he can strongarm the front office into making some bigger moves this offseason than they have tended to make in offseasons past. But at the end of the day, I'll be flat out shocked if he doesn't ultimately take it.

you just explained why the nuggets will trade him if he doesnt resign. he'd be foolish not to... but they are being proactive. i agree i think he's going to resign but you never know.

R_O_W_E
07-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Melo is built for NYC...

Just like when he got into a brawl and ran away on your court?:rolleyes:

JordansBulls
07-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Just like when he got into a brawl and ran away on your court?:rolleyes:

:speechless:

heattiltheend94
07-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Knicks have nothing to offer for a player of that caliber.

nuggetsyankees
07-04-2010, 10:42 AM
none of these deals will work unless the Nuggets get a first-tier or second-tier player

JordansBulls
07-04-2010, 11:20 AM
none of these deals will work unless the Nuggets get a first-tier or second-tier player

Deng and Noah.:)

DenButsu
07-04-2010, 12:05 PM
you just explained why the nuggets will trade him if he doesnt resign.

No, that's not what I did at all. Not even close.

JordansBulls
07-04-2010, 12:19 PM
I would like Denver to get someone else to help Melo. Maybe a big man like David West. That way they can challenge for a title as well.

Kakaroach
07-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Question is what can Denver trade? Kenyon Martin's expiring is pretty attractive, maybe JR Smith too?

But yeah, I don't think he'll decline the extension.

Go_NUGGETS
07-04-2010, 01:14 PM
I would like Denver to get someone else to help Melo. Maybe a big man like David West. That way they can challenge for a title as well.

I'd rather have K-Mart....David West always gets owned by him when Nuggets and NO play.

Lakersho
07-04-2010, 01:47 PM

you made my day !!!!! now thats funny ,i dont care where you live , thats funny...:laugh::laugh::laugh::worthy:

jaded01
07-04-2010, 03:45 PM
No, that's not what I did at all. Not even close.

you posted why he would be stupid not to sign. if he's not going to take $30 million+ more to stay in denver... he's not staying in denver. he should and probably will take the money but if he doesn't he's not committed.

JordansBulls
07-04-2010, 04:32 PM
I'd rather have K-Mart....David West always gets owned by him when Nuggets and NO play.

David West is a 20 and 10 guy.

Jahari Kavi
07-04-2010, 04:52 PM
david west > K mart...in this life and the next.

JordansBulls
07-04-2010, 07:23 PM

:nod:

VIP1349
07-04-2010, 09:00 PM
I think what he meant was that K-Mart when against West ate him alive, in general David West would be a great addition however.

jimbobjarree
07-04-2010, 09:02 PM
west is so overated

DenButsu
07-04-2010, 10:16 PM
West and K-Mart are such radically different players that it's hardly worth comparing them. If any team were to try to pick either of them up, it would be for totally different reasons (namely, for offense if they targeted West, and for defense if they targeted Kenyon).

Since the Nuggets have a SF and C who combine for over 40 ppg, it meets their needs better to have a lockdown defender who doesn't need the ball between them. So in that sense I'd still probably take K-Mart over West for Denver. But it would be understandable for different teams to go the other way depending on how they're constructed. But I do agree with jimbob that West is overrated, and I also think K-Mart's underrated, and the difference between the numbers on their stat sheets is far greater than the difference in the quality of players they are.

JordansBulls
07-04-2010, 10:55 PM
west is so overated

As a 2nd option yes, but not as a 3rd option.

bahama0811
07-05-2010, 02:52 PM
This report comes from the one of the beat writers that cover the Nuggets for the Denver Post.

Nuggets all-star Carmelo Anthony is very serious about accepting the team's contract extension, but Anthony is still waiting to hear about the team's attempts to improve the frontcourt, a league source said today.

Also, the source said that Anthony won't play for Team USA this summer in the World Championships in Turkey. Anthony is getting married in New York on July 10 and then will spend the summer with his family.

Anthony, who has spent a lot of time this summer in the Los Angeles area, has also been concentrating on working out.

The contract extension is worth $65 million over three seasons. If he wasn't to accept it, he would be a free agent in the summer of 2011.

Last month at the NBA Finals, Anthony said of a potential contract extension, "We'll go to the table and see what's the best situation for me."

Of the Nuggets, he said, "We have pieces," adding that he would be happy with the addition of "one or two more pieces that'll work out." The Nuggets' nucleus is all under contract for next season.

Asked if the current Nuggets roster can win a championship, Anthony said: "Obviously it didn't happen this year. They definitely need to add something, definitely."

Anthony was elected as an All-Star Game starter last season and was named second-team all-NBA. However, the Nuggets lost in the first round of the playoffs. Two seasons ago, he led the Nuggets to the Western Conference finals.

Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_15443721?source=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter)

JordansBulls
07-05-2010, 03:16 PM
This report comes from the one of the beat writers that cover the Nuggets for the Denver Post.

Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_15443721?source=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter)

Exactly!!! Nuggets can't hang with LA if they don't get some Frontcourt help.

ABOMB_56
07-05-2010, 03:57 PM

Colangelo must be ripping his hair out about the Team USA situation. He said that if the players don't suit up for this year's world championships, they are going to be competing for the 2012 Olympics just to get a spot. But currently, there is no Wade, Melo, Bron, Bosh, Joe Johnson, or Stoudemire participating. Apparently his threat was hollow.

But, back on topic. I think Melo will stay with the Nuggets. He is a great player and with the addition of one more front court player the Nuggets will be a top 2 team in the West. A David West type of player, or if they were able to work out a S&T for a player of Bosh's caliber, they would be challenging LA for favorites out west. Imagine a Bosh/Melo/Billups top 3.

arkanian215
07-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Nuggets all-star Carmelo Anthony is very serious about accepting the team's contract extension, but Anthony is still waiting to hear about the team's attempts to improve the frontcourt, a league source said today.

Also, the source said that Anthony won't play for Team USA this summer in the World Championships in Turkey. Anthony is getting married in New York on July 10 and then will spend the summer with his family.

Anthony, who has spent a lot of time this summer in the Los Angeles area, has also been concentrating on working out.

The contract extension is worth $65 million over three seasons. If he wasn't to accept it, he would be a free agent in the summer of 2011.

Last month at the NBA Finals, Anthony said of a potential contract extension, "We'll go to the table and see what's the best situation for me."

Of the Nuggets, he said, "We have pieces," adding that he would be happy with the addition of "one or two more pieces that'll work out." The Nuggets' nucleus is all under contract for next season.

Asked if the current Nuggets roster can win a championship, Anthony said: "Obviously it didn't happen this year. They definitely need to add something, definitely."

Anthony was elected as an All-Star Game starter last season and was named second-team all-NBA. However, the Nuggets lost in the first round of the playoffs. Two seasons ago, he led the Nuggets to the Western Conference finals.http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_15443721?source=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

KingsOfQueens
07-05-2010, 04:37 PM
That talk actually made sense with LeBron's huge ego & his plan to become a sports billionaire marketed globally.

This whole nonsense just doesn't apply to Melo. Carmelo Anthony is not marketable to a broader audience. He lost that marketability with his incidents off the court which people still remember and hold against him. Melo is all about basketball, not trying to be a corporate sponsor to sell shoes to kids in Germany.

According to ESPN, Carmelo openly said he would like to play for the Knicks.

Also, Carmelo is not all about basketball. He wants to be an icon as well. Obviously he will never get global like LeBron, but he does have other interests as do many other basketball players. Carmelo recently started his own record label, Krossover Ent. I'm sure he would rather be in NY than Denver. I know he's from Baltimore, but face it, he's a city boy.

NBA players care about the city they're playing in a lot. Look at Chris Bosh, he said he would never want to play in Cleveland even if LeBron does resign there because "there's nothing to do there".

THE MTL
07-05-2010, 04:57 PM
He isnt going anywhere this summer. And I doubt he leaves Denver unless, the team SEVERELY underachieves next season.