PDA

View Full Version : Rzepczynski Up - Hoffpauir Down - Encarnacion Up - Reed FA

B2theRY
07-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Blue Jays purchased the contract of third baseman Edwin Encarnacion from Triple-A Las Vegas.

The Jays were a brutal offensive team during Encarnacion's brief stint in the minors. He'll help there, but he's still the worst defensive third baseman in the league. For what it's worth, he played in seven games for Las Vegas and went 14-for-32 with three homers.

and

Blue Jays recalled LHP Mark Rzepczynski from Triple-A Las Vegas.

Rzepczynski, who missed the first six weeks with a fractured finger on his pitching hand, is being called up despite posting a 6.66 ERA in nine starts for Las Vegas. After exhausing the bullpen today, the Jays wanted someone capable of going multiple innings on Saturday.

DL Marcum .... Sent Jarrett Hoffpauir Down.

ROTO

BlueJayCarter
07-02-2010, 07:13 PM
I think they should have kept him down until the All Star break. Get Hoff a few more at bats, he deserved them especially after today. But I can see with offense tanking getting him up and having him whack out some homers to get Toronto rolling and back in contention, and on a side note build up trade value for him if he can translate AAA hitting to MLB hitting.

1hardcore
07-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Whelp....
EE better get his stroke back or else ......!!!!

Maybe do the same for Hill and Lind!!

Like seriously.... HOw the **** can 2 guys who had all star type years be this ******????

B2theRY
07-02-2010, 07:36 PM
he only called him back up in hopes to have a few hot weeks to trade him.

I think the season is done.. they got swept by cleveland thats embarrassing.

B2theRY
07-02-2010, 07:37 PM
who cares we all knew we wouldnt win this year.

Dumb Baus-****-ta... to the first team that wants him.
move Overbay.. start making deals.

Macedonian
07-03-2010, 05:33 AM
The BLUE JAYS optioned 3B JARRETT HOFFPAUIR to Las Vegas of the Pacific Coast League (AAA), recalled LHP MARC RZEPCZYNSKI from Las Vegas and selected the contract of 3B EDWIN ENCARNACION from Las Vegas. In order to make room on the 40-man roster, the Blue Jays have outrighted OF JEREMY REED, and he subsequently has elected free agency.

wamco
07-03-2010, 08:08 AM
remember all the talk of reed being in the short term and long term plans? Whoda thunk that wouldn't actually be based in reality?

wamco
07-03-2010, 08:13 AM
i was hoping the answer was tony fernandez

2009mvp
07-03-2010, 12:29 PM
I think they should have kept him down until the All Star break. Get Hoff a few more at bats, he deserved them especially after today. But I can see with offense tanking getting him up and having him whack out some homers to get Toronto rolling and back in contention, and on a side note build up trade value for him if he can translate AAA hitting to MLB hitting.

A couple of slap singles and Hoffpauir deserves a longer look?? No thanks. He hasn't really gotten an extended look at the big league level but everything about him screams AAAA player to me.

BlueJayFanDan
07-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Wow Reed must be a jerk to do that. So long Reed.

marcre
07-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Wow Reed must be a jerk to do that. So long Reed.

What did he do to be a jerk?

bomber0104
07-03-2010, 03:37 PM
A couple of slap singles and Hoffpauir deserves a longer look?? No thanks. He hasn't really gotten an extended look at the big league level but everything about him screams AAAA player to me.

seems like a mccoy without the speed

BlueJayFanDan
07-03-2010, 09:45 PM
What did he do to be a jerk?

From the sounds of it he refused to be designated for assignment and would rather be an FA. That's kinda douchy.

BlueJayFanDan
07-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Oh no, nvm I misread it I guess. Got confused. But still kinda sucks that hes an FA now.

wamco
07-04-2010, 07:25 AM
why wouldn't he choose that option?

bartron_44
07-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Who cares about Reed, the guy thinks he's too good for AAA, yet he hasn't really done anything at the big league level....let him take his sorry for himself attitude somewhere else..

wamco
07-05-2010, 01:02 PM
best case scenario, someone gives him a mlb spot. Worst case, someone signs him to a minor league spot. don't blame him one bit.

marcre
07-05-2010, 01:51 PM
lol @ all the hate for Reed doing what's best for him.