PDA

View Full Version : First rookie rankings according to nba.com

tdunk21
07-03-2010, 04:23 AM
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/07/01/rookie.rankings/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

By Drew Packham, NBA.com

Gators123
07-03-2010, 04:25 AM
Monroe at #5, I'm fine with that. :clap:

EdGein812
07-03-2010, 05:38 AM
Yeah boyyyyy! Monroe is going to finish higher than 5, believe it sucka!

arkanian215
07-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Favors shouldn't be top 10. He's one of the least NBA ready guys from the draft. Cousins should be first/second imo. I'd also put Patrick Patterson there but he won't necessarily be able to show off what he has in Houston as long as there's Scola/Hill in the way. The top 6 look to get significant minutes from the start.

DanielC
07-03-2010, 09:15 AM
I doubt Ed Davis will finish in the Top 10 at the end of the season. I don't see him being effective for a few years to come.

Ragun
07-03-2010, 09:18 AM
I doubt Ed Davis will finish in the Top 10 at the end of the season. I don't see him being effective for a few years to come.

really? he is a defensive presence, is really good at finishing around the rim and a very good rebounder. he also a nice jumper but he doesnt take jump shots.

DanielC
07-03-2010, 09:19 AM
really? he is a defensive presence, is really good at finishing around the rim and a very good rebounder. he also a nice jumper but he doesnt take jump shots.

I think he is too weak to get close enough to score. He may do well on defense, but I think he left college prematurely.

I was told his dad told him to leave so he could get into the league before the potential lockout.

TheDetroitBlue
07-03-2010, 09:59 AM
I think he is too weak to get close enough to score. He may do well on defense, but I think he left college prematurely.

I was told his dad told him to leave so he could get into the league before the potential lockout.

I honestly love the defensive potential of Ed Davis I believe he can have the defensive skills of Big Ben and just play that role also this guy was mentored by Wallace as well if you look more into it since his Dad played at Virginia Union same time Wallace did

DanielC
07-03-2010, 10:17 AM
He does have great shot blocking ability, but I think he needs to gain at least 20 pounds of muscle to be effective. He will get pounded on the inside.

DaoudS
07-03-2010, 10:20 AM
I think Aldrich should be in there over Davis....just sayin...

jimbobjarree
07-03-2010, 10:48 AM

he's gunna bust so bad

Kakaroach
07-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Gordon Hayward is on the cusp, not too bad I guess.

koreancabbage
07-03-2010, 10:55 AM

considering that Bosh is leaving Toronto? Bargnani doesn't rebound, this guy might even reach double figures in rebounding in a night in, night out basis for the Raptors if given the proper minutes.

he'll be the 5th option on the court for offense but he'll put up defensive and rebounding numbers for the Raps.

koreancabbage
07-03-2010, 10:56 AM
I think Aldrich should be in there over Davis....just sayin...

Aldrich is Ostertag lite or Eric Montross lol

he has absolutely no skills what so ever-

he has size, but that is far as it goes.

DaoudS
07-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Aldrich is Ostertag lite or Eric Montross lol

he has absolutely no skills what so ever-

he has size, but that is far as it goes.

he is going to provide a HUGE defensive presence in the paint for OKC, watch.

koreancabbage
07-03-2010, 11:09 AM
he is going to provide a HUGE defensive presence in the paint for OKC, watch.

i don't think he'll suck, i just think he'll be an average center at best. Eric Montross and Ostertag were average at best.

I just don't see any upside other than the fact he's a 7 footer with no skill.

fadedmario
07-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Greg Monroe at 5. Hell yeah!