PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Morrow

StealingSigns
07-03-2010, 02:31 AM
Halfway through the season.

Sporting an all-time high in ERA, his WHIP is at 1.40. He does have nice :k: numbers though. Is it enough?

I'm on the fence here. Clearly he needs more starts and they should be at the major league level. Hopefully he turns it around.

But where does he go after this year? These are not numbers that get you to the dance in the AL East.

broncosfan_101
07-03-2010, 02:58 AM
Looking at all the numbers, he's done a lot better than I thought he would. His K/9 is above his career average and his BB/9 is much lower. Also consider that his GB% is significantly higher than his career average, and that his LOB% and BABIP show that he's been moderately unlucky in those categories. The only real problem moving forward is that he has been getting lucky with his flyballs, only giving up HR's on 7% of them. But as that levels off, so should his BABIP and LOB numbers, probably balancing it all.

He's on pace for a 4 WAR season, which would be a fantastic year and might put him in the top 20 among all MLB pitchers. It would be the most enjoyable plate of crow I've ever eaten.

Manatoo
07-03-2010, 04:49 AM
3.89 xFIP... nothing at all wrong with that.

wamco
07-03-2010, 08:09 AM
I had thought best case scenario he would be aj burnett, so I don't quite understand the question.

bomber0104
07-03-2010, 10:02 AM
I have been extremely pleased with Morrow. Only reason his ERA is over 4 is because of a couple of starts early. Lately, he has been money in the bank and with his new found control, there is no reason to not expect that to continue

bartron_44
07-03-2010, 10:48 AM
I can't believe this thread was even started.....won't cut it? Are you kidding, or have you been under a rock for the past month?....lol Before his last start, he should have won 6 in a row god sakes...including:In LA and COL, home against the Cards, Rays, Giants and Yankees! And really, had a quality start if not for 2 unearned runs against Cleveland...IF anything, he has been our best starter over the past month...if not a very close second to Romero..

marcre
07-03-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm not sure I understand. Aside from a bad start to the season, he's been very consistent. His ERA has come way down over the last several games. He has turned it around, now it's about staying like this.

GNick
07-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Halfway through the season.

Sporting an all-time high in ERA, his WHIP is at 1.40. He does have nice :k: numbers though. Is it enough?

I'm on the fence here. Clearly he needs more starts and they should be at the major league level. Hopefully he turns it around.

But where does he go after this year? These are not numbers that get you to the dance in the AL East.

He has a good arm...young pitchers there are usually bumps in road. He will be a good pitcher

Gibby
07-03-2010, 01:13 PM
He is performing really well, something has clicked in the last 6 or 7 starts and been awesome. The ERA and Whip are high because of few bad starts early on.

Ragun
07-03-2010, 01:55 PM
I have been extremely pleased with Morrow. Only reason his ERA is over 4 is because of a couple of starts early. Lately, he has been money in the bank and with his new found control, there is no reason to not expect that to continue

agreed

H-MYK
07-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Morrow has been surprising quite a few people. He's doing better than I thought.