PDA

View Full Version : One reason why I think D-Fish will stay (also a hint that he is a staying)

Pau for Geico
07-03-2010, 01:41 AM
One thing that I think you guys are missing here is our superstar : Kobe Bryant.

Do you guys really think that Kobe is going to allow Derek to leave? If Fisher even THINKS about signing a contract thats not with the Lakers...KB will call him up and most likely convince him to stay.
Even on Jimmy Kimmel, Fisher hesitated when saying if he was a FA or not...and if I remember correctly Kobe said "No, he's not."

I know things change...but Kobe and Derek have won 5 rings together...and Kobe said that "we would have not won these 2 titles without Derek Fisher."
So, no matter what the price (NOT TOO HIGH THOUGH) The Black Mamba will NOT let the Front Office let Fisher go.

:clap:

ON ANOTHER NOTE. Steve Blake's wife has a twitter (it's real.) and she was talking about some bs about a wedding on her twitter and what not. Then she revealed that Steve was a Laker. Some fans started to ask her questions.

WHEN ASKED WHAT NUMBER BLAKE WOULD WEAR... KRISTEN BLAKE SAID #5.
A FAN ASKED AGAIN - @TheBurghBlues: @kristenblake2 Is it #5 for sure?

SHE RESPONDED WITH THIS

@KristenBlake2 (2 is Blakes old numero)

As far as I know yes. 2 was taken and 25 (his college #) is retired. So he asked for 5. (then it says RT @TheBurghBlues: @kristenblake2 Is it #5 for sure?)

I mean comeone...2 was taken :rolleyes: ...Wonder what that means.

Wanna see for yourself... ??? http://twitter.com/kristenblake2

dru5151
07-03-2010, 01:46 AM
I don't think fish is gonna leave us again. U r rolight about one thing, Kobe wouldn't let him go this time.

Pau for Geico
07-03-2010, 01:47 AM
True dat.

I just found it interesting that she said Steve couldn't take #2 cus it was "Already Taken"

PGLakers
07-03-2010, 01:51 AM
maybe kobe should pay fisher 2 mill from his own pockets... im sure as hell he can afford it lol

Avenged
07-03-2010, 01:52 AM
We're all as optimistic as you. :)

BrewinRamLakers
07-03-2010, 01:58 AM
I'm praying too.

Pearljammer II
07-03-2010, 02:02 AM
I'm sure D Fish will sign 2 yr deal 8-10 million & likely Farmar and/or Brown are gone...

nanablvd
07-03-2010, 02:33 AM
As much as I hope you are right about insinuations of Fisher's return, $2.5million is a little bit humiliating from Fisher's perspective. I believe out of loyalty Fisher would give the Lakers another chance of proposing another offer, and I bet he'd take it if it is as much as what Blake gets for one year. If I were Lakers brass, I'd strongly consider giving Fish $8million 2yrs, and the difference from the initial offer (i.e. 4-2.5=1.5) can be compensated by not using the remainder of their MLE (~1.8million). From then on they can just fill up the remaining roster with vet min deals, and the 2 cheap rookies.

numba1CHANGsta
07-03-2010, 02:46 AM
Fish will be back he has to retire a Laker and he knows this team has the best chance of winning next year

Raven19
07-03-2010, 03:34 AM
:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::p ray::pray::pray:

KillaInstinct24
07-03-2010, 03:34 AM
dude, they HAVE to say that. he's a new laker, what would he look like waltzing in and saying "YEAH I THINK ILL TAKE THAT OL NUMBER 2 JERSEY, GOOD RIDDANCE, LOOKS BETTER ON ME HAR HAR HAR" Its just public relations guys, read thru the lines :facepalm:

GspLAL
07-03-2010, 04:24 AM
I dunno..Fisher has proven himself throughout his career. He's clutch, he's a championship player, and he's a great coach on the floor, oh and he has 5 rings. At this point I wouldn't be too surprised if he goes after the money considering he's at the end of his career.

Lakerfan8032
07-03-2010, 04:36 AM
I will be very surprised if Fisher is playing in any other jersey than the purple and gold come next season.

lakers4sho
07-03-2010, 09:06 AM
2 is what Mike Miller is going to wear :p

Black24Momba8
07-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Fisher will be in La with his family for his daughter's eye

The Raven
07-04-2010, 03:23 AM
Im almost certain the Lakers and Fisher can get a deal done. He's a true laker through and through so im sure he doesnt even want to leave. Thats why impretty optimistic we can get a deal done. Also like Black24Momba8 said, he does have his daughter's health issue which im sure will be a deciding factor

BigGuy951
07-04-2010, 03:47 AM
OT: "I used to get blazer tweets a lot hatin on steve (when he played there!) Laker fans have showed nothin but luv so far...=)" Sweet! Go Blake's hot wife! :D

Back to this, i really hope Fisher stays. He's everyy bit as important to this team as Kobe and Gasol.