PDA

View Full Version : What Changes do Orlando need to make?

ldawg
07-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Orlando need to find a pf to play Along side Howard that has a mid range jumper and a set of post moves. Does Boozer or Al Jefferson Sound like good idea? Or what do they need?

Chives
07-02-2010, 11:41 PM
If they can get Boozer in a sign and trade, that would be very worth it.

Chives
07-02-2010, 11:41 PM
They also just need to trade Vince Carter.

rockets-fan
07-02-2010, 11:44 PM
how about al harrington? he has a nice jumper

MagicBucsSox
07-02-2010, 11:48 PM
al jefferson , noooooooooooo, having 2 players in 4th quarters to hack-a-shaq is bad business

ryder78c
07-02-2010, 11:53 PM
sign and trade for Bosh would be perfect

Howard & Bosh DAMN!

jimbobjarree
07-02-2010, 11:56 PM
they shudda traded for Boozer like yesterday!

JordansBulls
07-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Orlando need to find a pf to play Along side Howard that has a mid range jumper and a set of post moves. Does Boozer or Al Jefferson Sound like good idea? Or what do they need?

They don't need to make any changes.

Kyben36
07-03-2010, 12:12 AM
They need a Backcourt player who does more than shoot. they need somebody who can drive, take advantage of a defense. the fact remains, right now, Dwight is the only player on that team that can create a shot of his own. Turkaglu was good for a while, but now that he is gone and they got a broked down Vince, its just not the same, if they can get somebody who can do more than shoot in the back court, they would be great. but right now, the hole offense runs through Dwight.

MC Menace
07-03-2010, 12:13 AM
they need chris paul and mike james

D1JM
07-03-2010, 12:15 AM
they need to stop shooting too many god damn threes when they are missing so many in one game

5ass
07-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Bosh would clearly be the best fit he has post moves a great midrange jumper and hes a decent 3 pointer, but i dnt think they'll be able to get him. so boozer would be great too, but he cant shoot the 3.. which isnt a big deal, but i think they cant sign him either, so they should settle for an underrated PF like luis scola who still has a decent mid-range jumper, has good post moves and can put up 16+ ppg and hes a 78% free throw shooter.
Also if they do sign scola, that will leave them with more cash to address the second problem they have which is jameer nelson.. they need a good pass first point guard, trade jameer+gortat?+mikael pietrus?+cash for chris paul maybe?

RaysFan
07-03-2010, 12:21 AM
If they can get a player like Boozer then ok. In reality that will not happen though. I think they just need to hold tight. There really is nothing that a MLE free-agent can do to improve the team unless you can somehow convince Ray Allen to join in. Outside of that they just have to keep the team as is.

Kakaroach
07-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Big banger PF to pair next to Dwight. Please don't take that the wrong way. :) And also a legit scoring wing threat who can break the defense and make life easier on Dwight and Jameer.

ldawg
07-03-2010, 12:32 AM
sign and trade for Bosh would be perfect

Howard & Bosh DAMN!Dang thats not a bad Idea But Raps don't want Carter back

ldawg
07-03-2010, 12:34 AM
They don't need to make any changes.Chicago fan...lol.... you aint Afraid are you? don't worry Wade on his way to help out and he might bring Bosh Rose,Wade,Deng,Bosh,Noah...nice

pistonsfanomg
07-03-2010, 12:38 AM
I want them to win a Championship in that New Beautiful Arena their building and that's going to open up this season coming up so ya here's the deal

Yall need a PF

Sign and trade for Jefferson, Lee or Boozer

Then yall good but I got a feeling yall should trade for a good SG or sign Iverson

ldawg
07-03-2010, 12:41 AM
If they can get a player like Boozer then ok. In reality that will not happen though. I think they just need to hold tight. There really is nothing that a MLE free-agent can do to improve the team unless you can somehow convince Ray Allen to join in. Outside of that they just have to keep the team as is. not Bad Ray and Boozer that should do the trick right now they just like to run with 0 post moves meaning they can't slow down the game and Lewis is a 6'9" sf. more realistic Lee and Ray

ldawg
07-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Oh Stan need to do some Yoga before games that should help too and Maybe call Artest Shrink for some pointers on how to relax or he will loose his voice for good.

RadiantShot
07-03-2010, 12:47 AM
The honest truth :
Sign a good back-up point-guard.
Move Shard to small-forward, and get a power-forward to help Dwight with rebounds, and interior defense..
If not getting a 'real' power-forward...Then getting a go-to scorer. A real one.

lavell12
07-03-2010, 12:58 AM
Why would the Raptors or Jazz want a sign and trade? They would be much better just letting them go and freeing up $$ to sign other guys? Why would someone want Vince Carter's contract when they could sign a better player for cheaper if they just let Bosh or Boozer go.

RadiantShot
07-03-2010, 01:03 AM
Why would the Raptors or Jazz want a sign and trade? They would be much better just letting them go and freeing up $$ to sign other guys? Why would someone want Vince Carter's contract when they could sign a better player for cheaper if they just let Bosh or Boozer go.

Who said Utah wanted Vince?
They're EXTREMELY interested in Marcin Gortat, and J.J. Redick, or Mickael Pietrus. They like Bass too, but he's Millsap-lite.

LakersIn5
07-03-2010, 01:21 AM
trade vc,bass,picks for dirk. but not happening

mynameismo
07-03-2010, 01:49 AM
They need to go hard for CP3.

Howard+Paul >>>>>> Howard+Boozer/Bosh/Lee

Just imagine CP3 and Dwight Howard Pick and Roll with Lewis, Reddick, Pietrus in the Perimeter.

Sly Guy
07-03-2010, 02:06 AM
Bosh would clearly be the best fit he has post moves a great midrange jumper and hes a decent 3 pointer, but i dnt think they'll be able to get him. so boozer would be great too, but he cant shoot the 3.. which isnt a big deal, but i think they cant sign him either, so they should settle for an underrated PF like luis scola who still has a decent mid-range jumper, has good post moves and can put up 16+ ppg and hes a 78% free throw shooter.
Also if they do sign scola, that will leave them with more cash to address the second problem they have which is jameer nelson.. they need a good pass first point guard, trade jameer+gortat?+mikael pietrus?+cash for chris paul maybe?

Gortat and Pietrus in a sign and trade for Bosh?

strokeman
07-03-2010, 04:22 AM
They need a Backcourt player who does more than shoot. they need somebody who can drive, take advantage of a defense. the fact remains, right now, Dwight is the only player on that team that can create a shot of his own. Turkaglu was good for a while, but now that he is gone and they got a broked down Vince, its just not the same, if they can get somebody who can do more than shoot in the back court, they would be great. but right now, the hole offense runs through Dwight.

“Dwight is the only player on that team that can create a shot of his own?” :facepalm: Right away your post loses all creditability! The offense should run through Dwight (inside out) it’s the best way to play! What they need is a SF or SG that can knock down the midrange shot. Maybe get a true PF and move Lewis to sf. They just live and die by the 3! They get the ball inside to Dwight but when he kicks it out they don’t let him repost and send it back, they just take the 3, That’s not going to win championships! :rock::up:

DodgerBulls
07-03-2010, 04:31 AM
Find a taller PG, have Howard learn more post moves and shoot a better FT%, have Lewis back as SF, and a decent/mid range jumper PF.

HouRealCoach
07-03-2010, 04:44 AM
Boozer... Maybe even David West

JordansBulls
07-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Chicago fan...lol.... you aint Afraid are you? don't worry Wade on his way to help out and he might bring Bosh Rose,Wade,Deng,Bosh,Noah...nice

Why do they need to make changes? They just got upset. If it happens again then they need to make changes.

marlinsfan24
07-03-2010, 09:45 AM
They need to pick of one of Van Gundy's favorite players, Udonis Haslem and that will improve their inside D and rebounding when Howard takes a breather.

magichatnumber9
07-03-2010, 10:02 AM
center position maybe

The Raven
07-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Get rid of Rashard Lewis somehow. When the hell does he ever shoe up? Try and get a pf out on the market right now. Either one would work

gstarr42
07-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Although it's fun to talk about bringing in a Bosh/Boozer type, let's not forget this team has won 118 games over the past 2 years, once getting eliminated in the NBA finals and this season in the conference finals. I'm not sure trying to land another superstar (who'll want superstar touches) is really the solution.

In my eyes, the problem is with our system. Although having 4 shooters on the floor makes for some entertaining basketball, as we've seen now in the past 2 years, it doesn't hold up in playoff basketball when you have to grind out every point.

So I think the biggest "change" Orlando needs to make is to ditch the 3 point love fest, move Shard to the 3, actually give Brandon Bass playing time at the 4 (if you take his Bass's Dallas numbers and project them out to the same amount of time Carlos Boozer has averaged over the past 4 years, you get totals of 15 points and 8 rebounds per game... plus he shoots FTs at an 80% clip, so teams can't just hack the crap out of him).

Give him a year to prove if he can/can't handle being our 4. If he or Ryan Anderson can't get the job done, then when vince's contract comes off the books next year, we can go after a true 4 at that point if needed.

Although I'd love to see CP3 in a Magic uni, I don't see that happening. But if there was one guy I'd love to see them bring in, it'd be him.

plpfctn
07-03-2010, 11:04 AM
orlando needs a lot. they can start by releasing jason williams

macc
07-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Oh Stan need to do some Yoga before games that should help too and Maybe call Artest Shrink for some pointers on how to relax or he will loose his voice for good.

That's an understatement. Stan is such a high stressed guy. Hes a great coach and never stops coaching. There were games where we would be up by 20 pts with min to go in the game and Stan would be getting T'ed up on the sideline. He did get better as the year went on, but not much.

dodie53
07-03-2010, 12:28 PM
stop shooting too many 3s.

work the inside outside game.

and dwight should learn some post moves.

The Jokemaker
07-03-2010, 12:33 PM
I think they need a true PF like Boozer. Boozer isn't an A list star so won't have to worry about him clashing with Dwight for attention. A lineup of Nelson, Vince or whoever else at SG, Lewis, Boozer, and Howard is an excellent team. I have no idea how they can work out a deal for Boozer but a guy like him would be exactly what they need.

5ass
07-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Gortat and Pietrus in a sign and trade for Bosh?

maybe, but i dnt think the raptors would do that when other teams can offer them much more.. bcz at this point every1 is interested in bosh new jersey, miami and houston could make better offers.