PDA

View Full Version : WADE & LEBRON want to play TOGETHER

6deep
07-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Dwyane Wade will meet with the Bulls for a second time in two days on Friday and his interest is genuine, according to a source.

James is interested in playing with Wade, but is reluctant to play for the Heat, according to a source.

D-Wade and LeBron want to play together, but neither one wants to commit to each other, a source with knowledge of the conversations told Yahoo! Sports on Friday.

Chicago is hoping to secure a commitment from Wade before meeting with James, according to sources.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wadelebronbulls072010

redwhitenblue
07-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Old news!

LTBaByyy
07-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Jordan/Pippen v.2?

LTBaByyy
07-02-2010, 07:27 PM
if D Rose is your #3 option, very scary.

lakerboy
07-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Rose
Wade
LBJ

That's a good shooting team. My Lakers would crush that :D

Cullksinikers
07-02-2010, 07:30 PM
^^^^^^^

You'd crush two of the top five players in the league and one of the best young point guards in the leauge as a #3 option. I don't think we'd get crushed by LA.

29$JerZ
07-02-2010, 07:33 PM
if D Rose is your #3 option, very scary.

There is only 1 ball

DaoudS
07-02-2010, 07:35 PM
There is only 1 ball

^ that.

tredigs
07-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Seems like overkill to me. I really think a strong PF is the better match in Chicago for either Lebron OR Wade. Wade, Rose and Lebron on the same team? Yes, it's the best backcourt ever created (eclipsing Jordan/Pippen/Kerr), but all three of those guys are scorers -- I just don't like the fit as much.

That said, it's still scary as all hell...

edit: What the Bulls should do is go for their hometown boy in D. Wade, and supplement him with either Bosh or Boozer (Amare is pretty much all but signed as a Knick by most accounts). Then Lebron should sign with New Jersey, and supplement THEM with either Bosh or Boozer. Say hello to your eastern conference finalists for the next 6 years.

LTBaByyy
07-02-2010, 07:42 PM
too be honest i think it will work!!!

THeir gonna get max deals, so they dont have to worry about money
their gonna be all stars easily, and they would get championships!!!
It will be like an all star game everytime they play!!! Wade and Lebron are not selfish players, they get more assist than half of the starting point guards

Max deals + Championships = Stats dont matter as much anymore

LayZbone
07-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Initially I wet my pants thinking of the "big 3" Miami pipe-dream. But now that the roles are reversed and I see that something similar is possible on another team....I really hope this doesn't happen. For the sake of awesome basketball, I hope Wade/Bosh go to MIA, Lebron stays in CLE, and Amare goes to CHI. Thats not to say I won't be excited as hell if Miami pulls it off...but it would just be waaaay too raw. Lebron and Wade shouldn't need to play together to win. Ego's are at stake here people.

But if the reports are true, and they actually DO want to play together, I can see the logic of Lebron wanting to do it in Chicago rather than Miami. For as much as they are both currently invested in their home-team cities, there's probably a sense of "Why should I leave, and you get to stay in your comfort zone" from LBJ to Wade.

And if there's any merit to the "who's team would it be?" argument, or "there's only 1 ball to go around", doesn't adding Rose to the mix complicate things further? All 3 of them are extremely ball-dominant. Rose is too nasty to be a #3 option. It really is scary. I'm sure they could make it work, because they're all superstars.....but it just feels like overkill.

jim51990
07-02-2010, 07:46 PM
believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see

JordansBulls
07-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Seems like overkill to me. I really think a strong PF is the better match in Chicago for either Lebron OR Wade. Wade, Rose and Lebron on the same team? Yes, it's the best backcourt ever created (eclipsing Jordan/Pippen/Kerr), but all three of those guys are scorers -- I just don't like the fit as much.

That said, it's still scary as all hell...

edit: What the Bulls should do is go for their hometown boy in D. Wade, and supplement him with either Bosh or Boozer (Amare is pretty much all but signed as a Knick by most accounts). Then Lebron should sign with New Jersey, and supplement THEM with either Bosh or Boozer. Say hello to your eastern conference finalists for the next 6 years.

Not sure how I feel about having Wade and Lebron. I'd prefer a different type of combo than the MJ/Pippen combo. Would like to have an allstar/superstar big man for a change.

shep33
07-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Dang, what kind of offense will they run? Haha all 3 of those guys need the ball in their hands. I'd like to see how it works. Deadly combo though....

But in my opinion, I think a Wade/Lebron and a big like Bosh would be much better for the bulls. Just makes more sense too doesn't it?

NJrockPD
07-02-2010, 07:52 PM
There is only 1 ball

All three are very good passers.

DaoudS
07-02-2010, 07:54 PM

but none are really catch and shoot type guys.

NYK|NYY
07-02-2010, 07:55 PM
This version of a big 3 makes less basketball sense to me.

tredigs
07-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Not sure how I feel about having Wade and Lebron. I'd prefer a different type of combo than the MJ/Pippen combo. Would like to have an allstar/superstar big man for a change.

Considering the absurd amount of skill your team would possess, along with a solid bruiser in Noah down low, it's obviously a great thing for the fanbase to be able to say things like "I'm not exactly sure if I want another MJ/Pippen combo, kind of want to switch it up" hahah -- but like I said I completely understand/agree. I think they should get either one of the two if they can, and supplement them with one of the top tier free agent PF's. It would make it all the more interesting if Lebron did the same thing in NJ were Wade to be the one that signed, too. Makes two virtually identical teams talent/potential wise, and the winner would get to face off against the Thunder or Lakers in the finals for the foreseeable future. The playoffs would be drool worthy.

NJrockPD
07-02-2010, 07:56 PM

I know, you're right I would prefer bosh over Wade actually, but honestly is any Bulls fan going to complain about getting Lebron and Wade?

XXXGTHETRUTHXXX
07-02-2010, 07:56 PM
1. In me being a Chicago Bulls fan I only can hope that the bulls go for Lebron confirmation or I am staying in Clevland before the go after D-wade. :mad::mad:

2. Chicago Bulls are in a very good spot as far as free agency goes, but the got to play there cards right.:clap:

3. lol I wouldnt mind gettin both d-wade and lebron lmao NOW THATS A REAL SUPER TEAM :clap:

4. Trade deng with another player or draft picks to get BOOZER :clap:

5. then sign 2 free agents with 30 million cap space:clap:

Chicago Bulls Starting Lineup -

derrick rose
d-wade
lebron james
carlos boozer
joakim noah

HAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAH if that happens I will CRYyyyyyyyyyyyyy :clap::facepalm::):D

effen5
07-02-2010, 07:58 PM
as a basketball fan i dont want this to happen as it would ruin the league

as a bulls fan...HELL YEA lmfao @ Heat

Iceman05
07-02-2010, 07:59 PM
I think they'll do fine sharing the ball. Had no problem in the olympics. No doubt that would immediately put them as the front runners. The lakers are good. But I wouldn't say they are dominant. 3rd best reg season record and It took them 7 games to beat a team full of old geezers who no one expected to be there in the first place.

This bulls team would be scary good.

XXXGTHETRUTHXXX
07-02-2010, 07:59 PM
1. In me being a Chicago Bulls fan I only can hope that the bulls go for Lebron confirmation or I am staying in Clevland before the go after D-wade. :mad::mad:

2. Chicago Bulls are in a very good spot as far as free agency goes, but the got to play there cards right.:clap:

3. lol I wouldnt mind gettin both d-wade and lebron lmao NOW THATS A REAL SUPER TEAM :clap:

4. Trade deng with another player or draft picks to get BOOZER :clap:

5. then sign 2 free agents with 30 million cap space:clap:

Chicago Bulls Starting Lineup -

derrick rose
d-wade
lebron james
carlos boozer
joakim noah

HAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAH if that happens I will CRYyyyyyyyyyyyyy :clap::facepalm::):D

uchiha
07-02-2010, 08:01 PM
'according to a source' has come to be the most annoying phrase in recent history

dtmagnet
07-02-2010, 08:13 PM
If Wade and Lebron go to the Bulls they should trade Rose for Rondo.

redwhitenblue
07-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Eh...why would Boston do that?

dtmagnet
07-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Eh...why would Boston do that?

Good point. Maybe the Bulls would add something else.

oak2455
07-02-2010, 08:26 PM
There is only 1 ball

Love that :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

TEXASTITAN
07-02-2010, 08:40 PM
They don't want to play second fiddle to the other and they WONT be playing together. Especially if it was with the heat because lebron isn't going to go into d-wade's house and feel like he needs wade to win since wade's already got a ring. Furthermore once you either sign wade or sign lebron as chicago you then have to do a sign and trade to get the other and after doing that chicago is thin behind lebron,wade,rose,noah thats not a championship team. Ego's and money are going to be more of a factor than anything and wade and bosh would play together or bosh and lebron but i don't see any scenario that plays out where wade and lebron play together because wade feels like he's on the same level as lebron especially as the only one of the duo with a ring.

Human FlameShld
07-02-2010, 08:41 PM
There is only 1 ball

Normally I would agree with you.....but Rose seems to be a humble team guy, I don't think he'll be selfish or cause a problem, Wade not only is a great scorer but has said he wants a 20 assist game (I think they could make it work), Lebron needs the ball, and the rest of the Bulls are role players. I don't think Wade, Lebron, and Bosh would work but I think Lebron, Wade, Rose has a chance.

ryder78c
07-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Lebron & Wade in MIA not CHI

i rather chicago get Boozer and Ray Allen it would be better for the league
and i think MIA get shaq if wade stays and gets lebron and possibly big Z

CHI

Noah
Boozer
Deng
Allen
Rose

Mia

Shaq/Big Z
Beasley
Lebron
Wade
Chalmers

zambo4president
07-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Wishs can come true

Pinrod33
07-02-2010, 09:02 PM
'according to a source' has come to be the most annoying phrase in recent history

Seriously though........ every rumor that comes out is an "almost" confirmed report, and everyone has a source that is deeply rooted in whichever organization they are reporting about. Wade and bosh were a lock to sign in miami 2 days ago, yesterday "according to a source", all three guys were planning on signing with the heat and were discussing how they would have to structure their contracts, and now it's a virtual lock that they will be signing in Chicago???

Even ESPN is getting in on it. It's disappointing and maddening at the same time with the way everyone is playing with our emotions. Obviously one side or another is going to be right, but a lot of people are lying about "sources" and their supposed inside knowledge. Sad.....

NYK|NYY
07-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Doubt Lebron would want to sign back with the Cavs if the Bulls have Bosh/Wade/Rose going. Wassup NY!

TEXASTITAN
07-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Seriously though........ every rumor that comes out is an "almost" confirmed report, and everyone has a source that is deeply rooted in whichever organization they are reporting about. Wade and bosh were a lock to sign in miami 2 days ago, yesterday "according to a source", all three guys were planning on signing with the heat and were discussing how they would have to structure their contracts, and now it's a virtual lock that they will be signing in Chicago???

Even ESPN is getting in on it. It's disappointing and maddening at the same time with the way everyone is playing with our emotions. Obviously one side or another is going to be right, but a lot of people are lying about "sources" and their supposed inside knowledge. Sad.....

I think at this point everyone is out for themselves trying to break a story that may or may not be there and all credibility has gone out the window.

akagiredsuns
07-02-2010, 09:29 PM

:laugh: OMG and so the ultimate FAIL post just occurred in this thread. Dude seriously. That just ruined this thread. :facepalm:

akagiredsuns
07-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Believe only credible reporters. Most of the people who have broken news have been way off or totally inaccurate. We will just have to wait this out.

kblo247
07-02-2010, 09:31 PM
If this holds true then it is Jersey or Chicago plain and simple because Lebron won't be going to Wade's team and playing in his house.

It is most likely Chicago though because Wade may not want to play under Lebron's boy Jay-Z

CP3 The Great
07-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Rose
Wade
LBJ

haha, you guys couldn't hold lebron when it was just him on the cavs. what makes you think drose being the 3rd option your team could hold him and dwade? :clap: thats right, you cant. and if bosh signs, s&t haha luol and taj, thats attractive for the raps. we'd have another big lmao. im just sayin bosh and wade are in the office now.

RIPSweetness34
07-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Rose
Wade
LBJ

Ur Lakers would be too old to even defend that. Add a 3 point shooter and that team is unstoppaBULL. The fast break capabilities would be disgusting, and no team in the league would be able to drive to the hoop and pick up as many fouls as the Bulls. The Bulls would dethrone the Lakers in the finals just like we did in '91. Dunno about Kobe getting HIV 3 months later though, that would just be weird.

iggypop123
07-02-2010, 09:57 PM
^^^^^^^

You'd crush two of the top five players in the league and one of the best young point guards in the leauge as a #3 option. I don't think we'd get crushed by LA.

everyone would just play zone against that team

RIPSweetness34
07-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Initially I wet my pants thinking of the "big 3" Miami pipe-dream. But now that the roles are reversed and I see that something similar is possible on another team....I really hope this doesn't happen. For the sake of awesome basketball, I hope Wade/Bosh go to MIA, Lebron stays in CLE, and Amare goes to CHI. Thats not to say I won't be excited as hell if Miami pulls it off...but it would just be waaaay too raw. Lebron and Wade shouldn't need to play together to win. Ego's are at stake here people.

But if the reports are true, and they actually DO want to play together, I can see the logic of Lebron wanting to do it in Chicago rather than Miami. For as much as they are both currently invested in their home-team cities, there's probably a sense of "Why should I leave, and you get to stay in your comfort zone" from LBJ to Wade.

And if there's any merit to the "who's team would it be?" argument, or "there's only 1 ball to go around", doesn't adding Rose to the mix complicate things further? All 3 of them are extremely ball-dominant. Rose is too nasty to be a #3 option. It really is scary. I'm sure they could make it work, because they're all superstars.....but it just feels like overkill.

Can't find the link, Im sure Red222 can, but I saw a video with D Rose talking about what would happen if they picked up some big FA and he said he would have to change up his game, but if it meant winning championships he doesn't care.

VinceCarter
07-02-2010, 10:00 PM
^^^^^^^

No the Lakers would still probably beat that team. Why? Noah vs Bynum.....the Bulls don't have a true center. The Bulls frontcourt would be a joke for a team trying to compete. Bynum and Gasol are way too big for whoever the Bulls have to offer.

RIPSweetness34
07-02-2010, 10:02 PM
This version of a big 3 makes less basketball sense to me.

Big 3 plus a Rodman> then big 3 and no one

RIPSweetness34
07-02-2010, 10:04 PM

I hate when people say stuff like this...

chitown 4 life
07-03-2010, 03:46 AM

ummmmmmmmmm!!!! HELL to the NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cubs0707
07-03-2010, 03:55 AM
it would be unreal if the bulls could get wade an bron

jmtapia
07-03-2010, 03:59 AM
Rose
Wade
LBJ

:rolleyes:

29$JerZ
07-03-2010, 04:06 AM

With no one to pass too

Rose has a good midrange game, Dwayne as well. All 3 are accustomed to having the ball in their hand so having two of them on the wings negates their strength. It also hurts to not have any shooters in the lineup to utulize their slashing ability.

You'll have

Rose
Wade
LeBron
Gibson
Noah

This is assuming Chicago trades Deng for less cap or whatever since as of now they can't offer 2 full max contracts.

That team will have an incredibly tough time slashing, the paint will be clogged and they will be dared to shoot. No one is going to worry about the 3 ball since Chicago's backcourt has no 3 range, Noah/Gibson aren't outside shooters or bigs who can move the opposing Center from the paint so that lineup is going to have to constantly run and run to get points.

Normally I would agree with you.....but Rose seems to be a humble team guy, I don't think he'll be selfish or cause a problem, Wade not only is a great scorer but has said he wants a 20 assist game (I think they could make it work), Lebron needs the ball, and the rest of the Bulls are role players. I don't think Wade, Lebron, and Bosh would work but I think Lebron, Wade, Rose has a chance.

A chance but its an unlikely one. Knicks tried having 2 post players at the same time in Eddy/Zach, didn't work out well. You can't have the same clone of a player as 3/5 of your starting lineup. Neither of them are going to the bench either so you'll have no outside shooting. It can work but 2 of them have to change, why do that to Rose?

Kyben36
07-03-2010, 04:26 AM
TO be honest, I would rather have bosh with Lebron than Wade, thats alot of drive, no post prescence, no 3pt shooting I would rather have Lebron james, Bosh, and a 3pt shooting SG.othewise, we would likely have Deng at SF, and I just dont like that.

cubs0707
07-03-2010, 04:31 AM
i sense alot of hate towards chicago in here

RipVW
07-03-2010, 04:33 AM
Rose
Wade
LBJ

The Lakers dont have the personnel to match up with all of them.

RipVW
07-03-2010, 04:43 AM
No the Lakers would still probably beat that team. Why? Noah vs Bynum.....the Bulls don't have a true center. The Bulls frontcourt would be a joke for a team trying to compete. Bynum and Gasol are way too big for whoever the Bulls have to offer.

Bynum would be in foul trouble from the James-Wade-Rose combo driving to the basket.

barbjake
07-03-2010, 04:49 AM
With no one to pass too

A chance but its an unlikely one. Knicks tried having 2 post players at the same time in Eddy/Zach, didn't work out well. You can't have the same clone of a player as 3/5 of your starting lineup. Neither of them are going to the bench either so you'll have no outside shooting. It can work but 2 of them have to change, why do that to Rose?

this is sarcastic right? I hope to god you aren't honestly comparing 2 dysfunctional fat-***** to 3 of the best players in the NBA. The only way it would've worked with Curry/Randolph is if they hung a hamburger from a fishing pole in front of their fat heads.

barbjake
07-03-2010, 04:53 AM

2 very solid bigs, one of which WILL be on the allstar team next season (Noah) is no joke. Bynum has proved jack **** in his career. Except that his bones are made of glass and he looks like Gary Coleman with gigantism. Gasol would score more than Taj Gibson, but in this scenario, we have ****ING LEBRON JAMES AND DWAYNE WADE! WE DON'T NEED MORE SCORERS!

29$JerZ
07-03-2010, 05:26 AM
this is sarcastic right? I hope to god you aren't honestly comparing 2 dysfunctional fat-***** to 3 of the best players in the NBA. The only way it would've worked with Curry/Randolph is if they hung a hamburger from a fishing pole in front of their fat heads.

That has nothing to do with my point...

Isiah tried to duplicte what made us successful with low post scoring by adding Zach with Eddy. It'd failed horribly.

Same will happen to most players.

You can't expect Rose/Wade/LeBron to all be successful on the court simultaneously. One or two of them have to change their game, not to mention none can use their strength's effectively since all 3 are capable of doing the exact same thing and nothing else.

Bornknick73
07-03-2010, 06:01 AM
You can have the best slashers in the world but if you dont have shooters a 2-3 zone will shut it down everytime. Whats forcing my 3 guys in the lane to come out? Nothing. If you cant knock down the 3 consistently then ill take my chances with the rebound.

The Raven
07-03-2010, 10:31 AM
That would be a very deadly team if they somehow sign with the Bulls. Thats alot of talent right there on one team. Although im not necessarily sure if they are going to mesh very well due to the fact that there's only 1 ball to go around.

NYK|NYY
07-03-2010, 10:40 AM
I mean it could work, but why not just get a post player? It's a lot of talent but it seems like Lebron/Wade/Rose are too similar.

RipVW
07-03-2010, 12:52 PM
That has nothing to do with my point...

Isiah tried to duplicte what made us successful with low post scoring by adding Zach with Eddy. It'd failed horribly.

Same will happen to most players.

You can't expect Rose/Wade/LeBron to all be successful on the court simultaneously. One or two of them have to change their game, not to mention none can use their strength's effectively since all 3 are capable of doing the exact same thing and nothing else.

This is not true. When you have elite players who both can score and are willing passers, it can work. All these guys understand how guys over rotate to defend them. Theyve been facing it for their entire careers. Now, teams would be punished for loading up on Wade.

effen5
07-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Just watched the 97 Bulls playoffs....

Luc Longley lmfao

Bill Wennington lmfao

Oh god the memories

and yea we don't need a big man if we have those three in the lineup.