PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh meets with Knicks for 2 Hours and 40 Minutes (Longest FA meeting to date)

KnicksorBust
07-02-2010, 05:27 PM
http://twitter.com/alanhahn

What do you think they talked about? How good he'll be with Wade in Miami? :o

:laugh:

The Dream
07-02-2010, 05:31 PM
We're looking real good right now. Just want some ANSWERS!!

ellisgw
07-02-2010, 05:32 PM
it would be funny if wade goes to chicago and lebron goes to ny with bosh

defender4m
07-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Donnie Walsh must of been wondering what all of the technology was from Bosh filming everything from his team search.

metsbulls1025
07-02-2010, 05:33 PM
It went so well they ended signing a different PF.

tangent12
Things are looking veryyyyyyyyy good for Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's go Bulls!!!

KB24PG16
lbj and bosh in ny?

The Dream
07-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Things are looking veryyyyyyyyy good for Chicago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's go Bulls!!!

Who wasted 3 hours on tht beautiful sig?

Gibby23
07-02-2010, 05:35 PM
He asked them to explain why they gave Eddy Curry all that money, and questioned the past moves. It took the Knicks 2 hours and 40 min to think of an answer. The didn't come up with anything and Bosh left.

tangent12
07-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Who wasted 3 hours on tht beautiful sig?

I did. :o

NYtilIdie
07-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Well if were about to sign Amare, this meeting was pretty much for nothing.

EDIT: If we get Amare or Bosh that Al Jeff/Lee trade will start to make more sense now. Put a defensive C like Jeff alongside Bosh or Amare and you got the nastiest frontcourt in the East.

The Raven
07-02-2010, 05:39 PM
hmmm not sure how this is going to work if the report that Amare is close to signing is true

kblo247
07-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Them signing Bosh and Amare to try and create their own twin towers isn't shocking especially if they feel Wade/James are stringing them along.

Douglas
Chandler
Gallo
Bosh
Amare

It isn't spectacular but it is an 8th seed out east and bides time to try and get Melo or Tony next summer.

gerber
07-02-2010, 05:46 PM
CB4 is overrated. sorry i know off topic

ink
07-02-2010, 05:47 PM
It took so long because he couldn't understand how they were going to win. He kept asking them to explain WTF they were talking about. ;) Just a joke folks.

kblo247
07-02-2010, 05:48 PM

EDIT: If we get Amare or Bosh that Al Jeff/Lee trade will start to make more sense now. Put a defensive C like Jeff alongside Bosh or Amare and you got the nastiest frontcourt in the East.

Did you just call Jefferson a defensive center? That boy isn't defending any rim or the best post option one on one. He wasn't doing that before the knee injury, let alone after it. You'd get better effort on that end by offering Curry a cheeseburger a stop.

heatfan123249
07-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Actually buddy the Heat met up with Lebron for three hours! So that is the second longest meeting to date and again prooves nothing

ink
07-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Actually buddy the Heat met up with Lebron for three hours! So that is the second longest meeting to date and again prooves nothing

:laugh2:

This free agency is getting to be great. Now fans are fighting about how long the meetings took.

Have they made special score cards for the meeting lengths yet? Hopefully they'll get those stats up on basketball reference soon.

J$mo0th_3o5
07-02-2010, 05:51 PM

I was about to post that.

_Supreme_
07-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Riley/Lebron lasted 2 hours and 50 minutes.

Not that it matters, but it makes the thread's title incorrect.

heatfan123249
07-02-2010, 05:56 PM
I guess that means Bosh is signing with NY lmaoooo, just because he had a long meeting does not mean anything, I think everyone has to agree the only sources we should be posting are ESPN, because honestly I hear 40 different reports daily

Ray_R
07-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Its all over the news. Bosh claims it was a hostage situation.

Ray_R
07-02-2010, 06:03 PM
I guess that means Bosh is signing with NY lmaoooo, just because he had a long meeting does not mean anything, I think everyone has to agree the only sources we should be posting are ESPN, because honestly I hear 40 different reports daily

IS usally NY biased.

redwhitenblue
07-02-2010, 06:03 PM
I thought I read that NY's pitch was actually over quickly, but Walsh kept talking 1 on 1 with Bosh for a while.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Them signing Bosh and Amare to try and create their own twin towers isn't shocking especially if they feel Wade/James are stringing them along.

Douglas
Chandler
Gallo
Bosh
Amare

It isn't spectacular but it is an 8th seed out east and bides time to try and get Melo or Tony next summer.

You don't have a clue do you? Thats easily better than an 8 seed in the East. Remember, the East sucks, so thats at least a 4-5 seed in the East.

Of course, honestly, Bosh and Amare won't both sign with the Knicks. The length of the meeting means nothing.

Dol-Fan
07-02-2010, 06:09 PM

When did Al Jefferson become a defensive C? :confused: hooray for being misinformed.

HeirCanada
07-02-2010, 07:57 PM
2 hours and 40 minutes? Maybe they watched Avatar.

Donnie Walsh wanted to show Chris what he would look like in blue next season. Too bad he cut his hair.

thekmp211
07-02-2010, 08:17 PM
i appreciate journalistic zeal and looking for stories in all sorts of places, but come on.

sintaks12
07-02-2010, 08:18 PM
2 hours and 40 minutes? Maybe they watched Avatar.

Donnie Walsh wanted to show Chris what he would look like in blue next season. Too bad he cut his hair.

With all the hate and bashing going on, this actually made me laugh out loud.

Cromedome
07-02-2010, 08:19 PM
It took so long because he couldn't understand how they were going to win. He kept asking them to explain WTF they were talking about. ;) Just a joke folks.

I don't find this funny at all. It's quite rude in fact.

NYK|NYY
07-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Length really means nothing to me at this point.

JNA17
07-02-2010, 08:23 PM
2 hours and 40 min....did they play gofish?

roshan3ai
07-02-2010, 08:24 PM
IS usally NY biased.

Is that a joke?

IrespectNumber3
07-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Lebron talked to Riley for 3 hours...so Its not the longest meeting

But I don't know how much these "meetings" are really the gamebreaker with these guys.

ink
07-02-2010, 08:37 PM
I don't find this funny at all. It's quite rude in fact.

Apologies. I just find this whole "we'll gut our lineup and sign megastars" concept that a few teams are trying is really ridiculous. It's selling false hope to the teams' fanbases. For the record I thought HeirCanada's avatar joke was much better. :)

sintaks12
07-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Apologies. I just find this whole "we'll gut our lineup and sign megastars" concept that a few teams are trying is really ridiculous. It's selling false hope to the teams' fanbases. For the record I thought HeirCanada's avatar joke was much better. :)

Some of us didn't have a choice. Not like NY can rebuild through the draft. Need draft picks for that ;)

lakers4sho
07-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Is this a world record? Is this going to the Guinness Book?

jetsfan89
07-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Me and Lebron were chilling for five hours the other day. I win!

pasquale
07-02-2010, 08:52 PM
you really dont want Bosh whether you get Amare or not. And definitely not if you get Amare. We in Toronto have watched Chris for all these years. Yes he is a very good player but ONLY because he has been on mediocre teams. What every team needs to move way up is a top point guard. So if you can get Chris Paul the promised land is near. Look at Boston with Rondo, and stay tuned for Golden State with Curry. The Suns with Nash are always a threat. look at the Bucks with Brandon Jennings. So all you NBA fans with teams that always fall a bit short. upgrade your PG.

Sandman
07-02-2010, 08:56 PM
I think Bosh is playing this the best. I consider his twitter complete cannon fodder.

Thisisouryear!!
07-02-2010, 09:04 PM

Things are actually looking pretty bad for u guys lol :clap:

Sandman
07-02-2010, 09:10 PM
:laugh2:

This free agency is getting to be great. Now fans are fighting about how long the meetings took.

Have they made special score cards for the meeting lengths yet? Hopefully they'll get those stats up on basketball reference soon.

x10 exposure for all parties involved.

Honestly, no matter where these guys sign, they're making money from the suspense. I'll bet thats what all these summits are about.

The Flash
07-02-2010, 09:13 PM
:facepalm:
Its all over the news. Bosh claims it was a hostage situation.

:clap: im cracking up

ink
07-02-2010, 09:14 PM
x10 exposure for all parties involved.

Honestly, no matter where these guys sign, they're making money from the suspense. I'll bet thats what all these summits are about.

I guarantee that in the lockout that's coming in 2011 the owners will want to find a way to keep this kind of debacle from ever happening again to their league. Free agency is fine but this is nothing but ego stroking.

The Flash
07-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Now we're comparing length of meetings what the ****

kyubi256
07-02-2010, 09:22 PM
They had a lot to talk about... maybe Donnie is working on something up HUGE

Kashmir13579
07-02-2010, 09:22 PM

nice one bill murray

zambo4president
07-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Here's a theory, think Wade, Bron and Bosh had those meetings a few weeks ago to make a bet between the 3? They decided Wade would take the Bulls, LeBron would take the Nets, Bosh would join Amare in NY and they level out the league so it'll be more competetive, rather than stacking one team, and really earning your ring :laugh:

FarOutIos
07-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Now call me crazy, but if NY can't get Lebron, then isn't it possible that they sign Bosh and Amare. Then, sign and trade Lee (and picks) for Melo.

Melo, Bosh and Amare would be a nice nucleus for the NY fans, I think.

ink
07-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Here's a theory, think Wade, Bron and Bosh had those meetings a few weeks ago to make a bet between the 3? They decided Wade would take the Bulls, LeBron would take the Nets, Bosh would join Amare in NY and they level out the league so it'll be more competetive, rather than stacking one team, and really earning your ring :laugh:

Just wondering ... why do people think that Bosh and Amare would be a good duo? They play the same position. Neither one wants to be a C. If you saw how JO and Bosh flopped because they took away each others' space you'd see how Stat and Bosh would likely be. No point.

B2theRY
07-02-2010, 09:29 PM
CB4 is overrated. sorry i know off topic

you're overrated...

how many games have you actually seen him play?

B2theRY
07-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Bosh will NOT be in NYC...

Bosh will be in Chicago or Miami.. (where ever wade or Lebron go)

I just want him to make up his mind and it would be nice if he made up it on his own why does he always need to confirm with wade?

Tony_Starks
07-02-2010, 09:36 PM
An "inside source" suggest the meeting went this way:

CB: So if I were to sign with you guys, what kind of core do you have?

D'Antoni: Well we have the future Larry Bird in Gallo, an up and coming Tony Douglas, the poor mans Kobe that is Wilson Chandler, and a MUCH improved..... yeah you guessed it.... EDDIE CURRY!!!!!!!!

CB: (Falls to the floor rolling over and over again in unstoppable hilarious damn near life threatening laughter)

...... 2 Hours and 35 minutes later......

CB: (getting off the floor, wiping tears away and trying to stop chuckiling)
Ok guys, but seriously, who do you have for me to play with?

D'Antoni: Um... I was serious.

CB: (stops laughing) Oh, I see..... (awkard silence)... Ok guys, nice seeing you again!

Slimsim
07-02-2010, 09:54 PM

D'Antoni: Well we have the future Larry Bird in Gallo, an up and coming Tony Douglas, the poor mans Kobe that is Wilson Chandler, and a MUCH improved..... yeah you guessed it.... EDDIE CURRY!!!!!!!!

CB: (Falls to the floor rolling over and over again in unstoppable hilarious damn near life threatening laughter)

CB: (stops laughing) Oh, I see..... (awkard silence)... Ok guys, nice seeing you again!

LMAO i'm keeping this post this **** is way to funny.

Sandman
07-02-2010, 10:18 PM
I guarantee that in the lockout that's coming in 2011 the owners will want to find a way to keep this kind of debacle from ever happening again to their league. Free agency is fine but this is nothing but ego stroking.
Goes both ways, I completely agree. Now is the time to opt out and get a new deal.

Dirk, Pierce and Joe Johnson are winning on new deals. Maybe that's what the summer of '10 is about to the players and their agents.

kyubi256
07-02-2010, 10:28 PM

Why would D'Antoni and the Knicks stay for 2+ hours to watch him laugh?

Sandman
07-02-2010, 10:33 PM
you're overrated...

how many games have you actually seen him play?

How many games has Bosh seen himself play? ""I want to be mentioned as the guy that people want to center their team around."

How has that worked in Toronto?

rhino17
07-02-2010, 11:17 PM
I am in NYC right now and am listening to local sports radio. They basically said Bosh will NOT be coming here and that the Knicks are no offering him a max contract. Stephen A Smith is on the air and he said Bosh is most interested in the MONEY, so he is working on a sign and trade to the HOUSTON ROCKETS in order to get his maximum money as well as exploit the Chinese market. SAS has also posted on his blog

But since Bosh wants the max at all cost (and he’s trying to get it in a sign-and-trade deal with Houston), it changed the game for everyone.

KnicksorBust
07-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Bosh's greed to the rescue. He's ruining the Miami big 3 and might make it hard for Bulls to get him. I'd love to see him get stuck as the odd man out but it's impossible. Too many teams want him.

Draco
07-03-2010, 03:16 AM
I am in NYC right now and am listening to local sports radio. They basically said Bosh will NOT be coming here and that the Knicks are no offering him a max contract. Stephen A Smith is on the air and he said Bosh is most interested in the MONEY, so he is working on a sign and trade to the HOUSTON ROCKETS in order to get his maximum money as well as exploit the Chinese market. SAS has also posted on his blog

Wow.. they're willing to give Amare the max but not Bosh?

redwhitenblue
07-03-2010, 03:17 AM
Stephen A Smith said it, you can be sure it's not true.

"Bay-natic"
07-03-2010, 03:21 AM
hey how do you guys make thos signatures?

THE MTL
07-03-2010, 03:46 AM
Chris Bosh is SO MUCH about the money it aint funny! (lol I rhymed)

But that whole needing the sixth year proves it. You dont hear Lebron or Wade needing that year.

Its funny though cause 2nd class guys will be getting paid more the Top Tier guys. Johnson (who will make the most), Amare, and Bosh (S&T w/ max increases and extra year). Watch NJ give Boozer a HUGE DEAL too.