PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to Raja Bell?

Lakers3747
07-02-2010, 04:20 PM
wasn't he going to sign with us

Lakers14
07-02-2010, 04:23 PM
wasn't he going to sign with us

Raja Bell is so over rated at the Defensive End, at best he's a spot up shooter. Lakers need a true scorer off the bench not another spot up shooter that's not going to get the same shoots that he was getting in Phoenix. Pass on Raja Bell

Switch
07-02-2010, 05:05 PM
I've read that he wants to finish his career in his hometown Miami.

sp1derm00
07-02-2010, 05:05 PM
I don't think Raja is overrated on the defensive end at all.

I remember reading that Phil Jackson thinks that Raja is so talented and has such good footwork on the defensive end that age wouldn't matter that much.

The Raven
07-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Seems Miami is his first choice now

KillaInstinct24
07-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Raja Bell is so over rated at the Defensive End, at best he's a spot up shooter. Lakers need a true scorer off the bench not another spot up shooter that's not going to get the same shoots that he was getting in Phoenix. Pass on Raja Bell

u cant judge what kobe did to him by saying he's overrated. kobe is gonna demolish anyone. raja bell is a solid defender, knock down shooter, and fiery competitor. something our bench NEEDS

Marques24kobe
07-02-2010, 10:35 PM
I would say the Lakers have an excellent chance of signing him now. It looks (as of today which it could all change in 4 hours) that instead of Miami getting the big three they might get the big none. So why would Raja want to go there now?

kid24
07-02-2010, 10:38 PM
not sure never heard nothing on the lakers side .

plpfctn
07-02-2010, 10:57 PM
he wants to be as close to his home base which is miami. prefers to play on east coast.

Hurricane H
07-02-2010, 11:28 PM
There is still a lot of money out there so these guys like Bell will wait for a better offer than MLE or even less. Thats will be the same for T-Mac, Shaq and Miller. The only time we can sign them cheap is later in the summer when most of the free agents has been signed and the money gone.

RidgeRaider24
07-03-2010, 10:37 AM
come to LA raja if u wanna win

Cooper
07-03-2010, 11:35 AM
All thats left is the vets min. Blake used up most of the mle.

Avenged
07-03-2010, 12:25 PM
By signing Blake, the Lakers also leave just $1.8 million available of their mid-level exception to sign another free agent to something other than a league-minimum deal.

That means that the reported interest in players like Mike Miller in Washington, and Anthony Morrow and Raja Bell in Golden State, will become a moot point, unless one of those players agrees to a heavy paycut for the chance to win a ring or the Lakers can work out some sort of sign-and-trade involving one or more of the seven players they already have signed for next season.

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5350972)

BrewinRamLakers
07-04-2010, 05:54 AM
Who knows if he will still come for cheap however dish is the priority right now.

majmarcus
07-04-2010, 11:52 AM
The title "What ever happened to Raja Bell?" sounds like a Vh1 special, lol What ever happened to Raja Bell? Was it lack of money? MLE? Find out what happened to this NBA player who was known as a hard working spot up shooter & terrific defensive player when VH1 goes into an in depth look of the free agency blunder and left many Laker Hopefuls...stunned and silenced at the sudden lost of momentum & all but completely gone opportunity to sign a former Kobe Bryant nemesis!

Lakersho
07-04-2010, 12:51 PM
...best thing for us to do is work out deal with fish, and wait and see what goes down and who's left. thats how you get a steal...

RoyalG333
07-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Mike Miller > Raja Bell

Rocco007
07-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Raja Bell has always had 2 teams in mind...
Lakers and Miami...
Lakers having the best chance to win before he retires and Miami being his emotional last stop because he's from the area...

At 34, I don't see Raja Bell making that much more than 3 mil a year...He won't turn down a 2 year 6-7 mil offer...So it's still possible, especially if Brown walks...

Rocco007
07-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Lakers and Miami...
Lakers having the best chance to win before he retires and Miami being his emotional last stop because he's from the area...
But Kobe has publicly stated he wants Raja so it will be a tough call...
and aAt 34, I don't see Raja Bell making that much more than 3 mil a year...He won't turn down a 2 year 6-7 mil offer...So it's still possible...

BigGuy951
07-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Mike Miller > Raja Bell

So is his salary.

gr824
07-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Lakers and Miami...

At 34, I don't see Raja Bell making that much more than 3 mil a year...He won't turn down a 2 year 6-7 mil offer...So it's still possible, especially if Brown walks...

Brown walking has nothing to do with it ... Since the Lakers committed to Blake, they cannot offer any other FA $3+ million per year as things stand now [ only the unlikely possibility of a S & T attached to one of the signings could/would change that ] ...

Sorry ... :shrug:

dru5151
07-04-2010, 05:15 PM
I don't see the lakers making any more moves besides securing dfish for a while. I think we will see more movement from the lakers in a few weeks once the big names settle down and decide where they are going to go.

kmorton06
07-04-2010, 07:23 PM
I don't see the lakers making any more moves besides securing dfish for a while. I think we will see more movement from the lakers in a few weeks once the big names settle down and decide where they are going to go.

I agree. Other than D Fish, I think they'll see who doesn't get a big deal and is willing to come for vet min and also see how guys look in the summer league.

kmorton06
07-04-2010, 07:24 PM
I would prefer Matt Barnes to Bell. He's younger and doesn't have any injury issues.

New Power House
07-04-2010, 08:14 PM
I would prefer Matt Barnes to Bell. He's younger and doesn't have any injury issues.

Bell is a better player but Barness can play the 2 and the 3 and he will be able to play for less.Besides being younger and taller! Bell is probably a better shooter! Lakers can choose from Barnes,Bell and LR in case Fish decides to go to another team for the cash. I would not blame him for doing this at his age. I will miss his positiveness,hustle! and clutch threes!:cry: Mitch sign Fish and Barnes to help Artest!

New Power House
07-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Brown walking has nothing to do with it ... Since the Lakers committed to Blake, they cannot offer any other FA $3+ million per year as things stand now [ only the unlikely possibility of a S & T attached to one of the signings could/would change that ] ...

Sorry ... :shrug:

Barnes made less than 2 last year! SO why not,is the LAKERS! The two time champs!

gr824
07-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Barnes made less than 2 last year! SO why not,is the LAKERS! The two time champs!

Money is not the issue with Barnes ...

I wrote the following about him in another thread:

Barnes has been with seven NBA teams in seven seasons :eyebrow: ... I think I will pass [ & so should the Lakers ] ...

... Barnes has been waived repeatedly or made moves as a FA [ usually lateral or downward moves at that ] and, in fact, his true team count is ten, since he was on three different NBA teams before he ever played in the league ...

I smell a rat ... Or at least a vagabond, a journeyman, or a risky chemistry experiment ... Say no to Barnes ...

... and I have not changed my mind ... :no:

mafiah1tman
07-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Lakers want Fisher to take pay cut

The Los Angeles Lakers are asking Derek Fisher(notes) to take a pay cut with one-year deal – perhaps from $5 million to $2.5 million, a source says – to stay on their run for a three-peat.

The Los Angeles Times reported Fisher wants a two-year, $10 million contract. But the Lakers’ agreement with point guard Steve Blake(notes) on a four-year, $16 million deal has given the team leverage in its talks with Fisher, who turns 36 next month.

Still, there’s too close of ties between Fisher, Kobe Bryant(notes), Phil Jackson and the Lakers fans, to think the two sides won’t find a common ground.

Once the Lakers finish Fisher’s deal, league sources say general manager Mitch Kupchak will turn his attention to trying to sign free agent Raja Bell(notes) to the bi-annual exception. The Lakers have also shown an interest in Celtics guard Tony Allen(notes), a source said.

– Adrian Wojnarowski, 8:01 p.m. ET, July 4

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvuhXDMQXclGD4FMKcBmZ9G8vLYF?slug=ys-freeagentbuzz070410

gr824
07-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Lakers want Fisher to take pay cut

The Los Angeles Lakers are asking Derek Fisher(notes) to take a pay cut with one-year deal – perhaps from $5 million to $2.5 million, a source says – to stay on their run for a three-peat.

The Los Angeles Times reported Fisher wants a two-year, $10 million contract. But the Lakers’ agreement with point guard Steve Blake(notes) on a four-year, $16 million deal has given the team leverage in its talks with Fisher, who turns 36 next month.

Still, there’s too close of ties between Fisher, Kobe Bryant(notes), Phil Jackson and the Lakers fans, to think the two sides won’t find a common ground.

Once the Lakers finish Fisher’s deal, league sources say general manager Mitch Kupchak will turn his attention to trying to sign free agent Raja Bell(notes) to the bi-annual exception. The Lakers have also shown an interest in Celtics guard Tony Allen(notes), a source said.

– Adrian Wojnarowski, 8:01 p.m. ET, July 4

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvuhXDMQXclGD4FMKcBmZ9G8vLYF?slug=ys-freeagentbuzz070410

:sigh:

The Lakers do NOT have a LLE [ aka BAE ] this summer because they used it last year to resign Shannon Brown ...

kblo247
07-04-2010, 11:30 PM
:sigh:

The Lakers do NOT have a LLE [ aka BAE ] this summer because they used it last year to resign Shannon Brown ...

Correct, but they do have 1.8mil if you go by the Broussard scale and 2.3 if you go by what Pincus reported left out of the MLE so there is hope especially since both amounts are close to 2mil which is right around the LLE.

kblo247
07-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Money is not the issue with Barnes ...

... and I have not changed my mind ... :no:

I still don't get how going from the Warriors after Baron jumped ship, to the Suns, and to the Eastern Conference champs is a downward move.

Can you explain your reasoning to me?

gr824
07-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Correct, but they do have 1.8mil if you go by the Broussard scale and 2.3 if you go by what Pincus reported left out of the MLE so there is hope especially since both amounts are close to 2mil which is right around the LLE.

True, but that is not what Wojnarowski wrote ... He should know better and get it right rather than mislead naive readers ...

gr824
07-04-2010, 11:55 PM
I still don't get how going from the Warriors after Baron jumped ship, to the Suns, and to the Eastern Conference champs is a downward move.

Can you explain your reasoning to me?

Going from the Warriors to the Suns was certainly a downward move in terms of salary at the very least, plus staying with any team for only a season [ sometimes less ] implies some sort of instability, especially when your on-court demeanor resembles that of Dahntay Jones and generally makes Rasheed Wallace look sane by comparison ...

Despite his talents, Barnes is not a character guy ... and I still have not changed my mind about his worthiness to be a Laker ...

kblo247
07-05-2010, 03:12 AM
The blurb about Bell was corrected by Adrian

Once the Lakers finish Fisher’s deal, league sources say general manager Mitch Kupchak will turn his attention to trying to sign free agent Raja Bell with the money left from the Lakers’ midlevel exception. The Lakers have also shown an interest in Celtics guard Tony Allen, a source said.

showtime24
07-05-2010, 03:20 AM
The blurb about Bell was corrected by Adrian

Once the Lakers finish Fisher’s deal, league sources say general manager Mitch Kupchak will turn his attention to trying to sign free agent Raja Bell with the money left from the Lakers’ midlevel exception. The Lakers have also shown an interest in Celtics guard Tony Allen, a source said.

hope bell agrees :pray:

Blake+Bell>Jordan+Brown+Sasha

kblo247
07-05-2010, 03:40 AM
I'm good with either Tracy or Raja.

In a perfect world we would get both as well as a backup center. ;)

KillaInstinct24
07-05-2010, 04:28 AM
u guys heard about mike miller talkin to the clippers? he's just hype man, would have loved to have him, but he wants money not a championship