PDA

View Full Version : Wade "intrigued" by Knicks

TheNatural797
07-02-2010, 02:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5348670

Wade is "intrigued" by the Knicks and has stated that the meeting they had was "very good..a very good meeting."

If Wade goes to the Knicks with Amar'e (Basically a done deal), LeBron can join a super team..just not in Miami.

The contracts would all be 5 years with a player option for the 6th leaving the Knicks JUST enough room to sign all three.

iggypop123
07-02-2010, 02:29 PM
wade must love lying

RadiantShot
07-02-2010, 02:30 PM
:laugh:
Too bad LeBron is taking all the money.

Evolution23
07-02-2010, 02:31 PM
very interesting

JNA17
07-02-2010, 02:32 PM
in a city like NY, who isn't? However, not gonna happen

soxnfins
07-02-2010, 02:32 PM
D Wade will stay in So. FL no matter what. He loves it too much to leave. And it helps the fact that he's loyal to the Heat fan base and organization.

LionBryan
07-02-2010, 02:33 PM
I thought the Knicks were short of having enough for 3 max contracts?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Like I said don't count out Walsh

29$JerZ
It's great to hear Wade's comments on this, means Donnie is doing a good job getting the Max FA's attention at least.

We'll see, ultimately I think he stays in Miami but if Amar'e goes to NY, Bosh to Chicago/Houston and Boozer goes to NJ all he'd have too look forward too is David Lee.
So we'll see.

D Roses Bulls

Wade is "intrigued" by the Knicks and has stated that the meeting they had was "very good..a very good meeting."

If Wade goes to the Knicks with Amar'e (Basically a done deal), LeBron can join a super team..just not in Miami.

The contracts would all be 5 years with a player option for the 6th leaving the Knicks JUST enough room to sign all three.

wade has loved every meeting he has had. dont believe anything you read.

PHILLYNIKES
07-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Im sayin Wade is Bull********. No way he Goes to ny. No way Lebron goes to ny

97NYer
07-02-2010, 02:36 PM

Great news....? When did we clear space to sign a 3rd FA?

hestar
07-02-2010, 02:37 PM
What's he supposed to say?,that it sucked?..He's just keeping his options open in case miami bombs in FA.

29$JerZ
07-02-2010, 02:37 PM
NY doesn't have enough for 3 Max.
We have enough for 2 legit Max and I believe 1-2 million left over.

Eddy Curry is the reason why we can't have a 3rd, actually it's Isiah fault :(

hgtiger32
07-02-2010, 02:38 PM
wade is just pulling everyone's leg, lol...i think he would do REALLY REALLY well as a Knick, however he's still got his heart in miami...

KnicksorBust
07-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Great News. Did you hear that LeBron?

Evolution23
wade is just pulling everyone's leg, lol...i think he would do REALLY REALLY well as a Knick, however he's still got his heart in miami...

Money > Heart lol

97NYer
Let's hope this happens.

STAT deal gets done.
LeBron re-signs.
Bosh goes to Chicago
Boozer to NJ
Dirk re-signs
JJ deal gets done in ATL
Gay already re-signed
Yao picked up option
Pierce re-signed

And when it is all said and done, and there are no FA's left for Miami....Dwyane Wade bolts Miami for New York to play with Amare. Then Eddy Curry and Wilson Chandler are traded for Parker.

abe_froman
07-02-2010, 02:42 PM

i can see him going to ny if the heat fail to land either boozer or bosh,no way does he go back to a team that has no one to help him

TheNatural797
07-02-2010, 02:42 PM
They're not max contracts..just 5 year contracts around 11.5 mill with a player option for a 6th. Supposedly this leaves the Knicks with enough money to "buy" all three. However knowing how much people love money, someone's gonna wanna max contract.

hestar
07-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Let's hope this happens.

STAT deal gets done.
LeBron re-signs.
Bosh goes to Chicago
Boozer to NJ
Dirk re-signs
JJ deal gets done in ATL
Gay already re-signed
Yao picked up option
Pierce re-signed

And when it is all said and done, and there are no FA's left for Miami....Dwyane Wade bolts Miami for New York to play with Amare. Then Eddy Curry and Wilson Chandler are traded for Parker.

Nope,won't happen,you can keep dreaming though.

97NYer
07-02-2010, 02:46 PM
i can see him going to ny if the heat fail to land either boozer or bosh,no way does he go back to a team that has no one to help him

I think this is becoming realistic. However, where would Boozer go beside Miami?

Draco
07-02-2010, 02:48 PM
He might be.. if he went to the Knicks vice the Heat, he'll go to an organization with a few more players and a few less dollars. The only major factor differentiating the Knicks from the Heat is Wade himself. The assumption is that Wade re-signs with the Heat, otherwise the two locations are fairly comparable.

chuckdaily85
07-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Boozer would come to NJ...He's listed NJ as an option numerous times.

abe_froman
07-02-2010, 02:49 PM
I think this is becoming realistic. However, where would Boozer go beside Miami?

chicago wants him pretty bad,magic( rumored s+t deal),going back to jazz(and they trade milsap),houston is looking for a pf,nets for reasons unknown are to

numba1CHANGsta
07-02-2010, 02:49 PM
The Knicks cant afford wade lebron and amare, i have a feeling neither one joins amare

Draco
07-02-2010, 02:50 PM
I still don't see Riley ******** the bed.. Walsh is more likely to do that in this free agency game.

still1ballin
07-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Bosh/Lebron/Wade to NY?

OH MY

thedfactor
07-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Wade should go to the NYK

The Dream
07-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Now that we have Amare it's funny to see all you haters not going around laughing at Knick fans anymore that their team will come up empty.

I love it. And we will not only get Amare, there's more to come

KnicksorBust
07-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Now that we have Amare it's funny to see all you haters not going around laughing at Knick fans anymore that their team will come up empty.

We? You are a Knicks fan? I've never seen you post in our forum.

king4day
07-02-2010, 02:57 PM
I still don't see Riley ******** the bed.. Walsh is more likely to do that in this free agency game.

So far Walsh has the one up on riley if Amare signs.

knicks=love
07-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Let's hope this happens.

STAT deal gets done.
LeBron re-signs.
Bosh goes to Chicago
Boozer to NJ
Dirk re-signs
JJ deal gets done in ATL
Gay already re-signed
Yao picked up option
Pierce re-signed

i love you so much

NYYCowboys
07-02-2010, 03:02 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth

NYYCowboys
07-02-2010, 03:02 PM

Dude get a life just because he doesn't post in a stupid forum doesn't mean he's not a Knicks fan.

ballinbalkman32
07-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth

uh oh fellas, looks like the BAND WAGON is already started seating lol..............go ny go ny go:clap:

kyubi256
07-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Wade is playing everyone

ballinbalkman32
07-02-2010, 03:05 PM
ya man, the dream posts in the Knick forum alot actually lol

NYYCowboys
07-02-2010, 03:05 PM
uh oh fellas, looks like the BAND WAGON is already started seating lol..............go ny go ny go:clap:

I post on other sites besides this one. I've probably been a Knicks fan for longer than you so don't call me a bandwagon fan my man.

The Raven
07-02-2010, 03:06 PM
I doubt he leaves the Heat

KnicksorBust
07-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Dude get a life just because he doesn't post in a stupid forum doesn't mean he's not a Knicks fan.

:laugh: Whatever you say champ. I just think it's curious that he's got over 1,000 posts and I haven't seen him before. If you are a fan of a team you'd probably post in their forum. Anyway, I'm just bracing myself for a tidal wave of "die-hard" Knicks fans who are going to come out of the woodworks. I think people who only are fans when a team is good are posers. But anyway, I gotta go try and get a life now. :)

KnicksorBust
07-02-2010, 03:08 PM

It's gonna get ugly for sure. Let's stick to Wade though.

If I was Wade I'd be intrigued too. Amar'e and Gallo is imo the best combo for him in terms of fit.

sintaks12
07-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Guys chill. Amare isn't official. Please don't jinx it :)

NYK|NYY
07-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Of course he's intrigued.

NYYCowboys
07-02-2010, 03:10 PM
:laugh: Whatever you say champ. I just think it's curious that he's got over 1,000 posts and I haven't seen him before. If you are a fan of a team you'd probably post in their forum. Anyway, I'm just bracing myself for a tidal wave of "die-hard" Knicks fans who are going to come out of the woodworks. I think people who only are fans when a team is good are posers. But anyway, I gotta go try and get a life now. :)

So do I but who are you to decide who is and who isn't. It looks like this could be a good time in the history of the Knicks so I'd rather not alienate fans who are also excited just because they don't post on this site's Knicks forum...

redzone11
07-02-2010, 03:11 PM
What else is Wade gonna say? Never ever do you here a guy come out of a meet and say it sucked, he will stay in Miami, there is no way he leaves. But the Knicks will make a splash I have a feeling, just not Wade.

BOSTON617
07-02-2010, 03:12 PM
boston will still be better ;)

NYYCowboys
07-02-2010, 03:13 PM
What else is Wade gonna say? Never ever do you here a guy come out of a meet and say it sucked, he will stay in Miami, there is no way he leaves. But the Knicks will make a splash I have a feeling, just not Wade.

He could have just said nothing like LeBron or simply it went well or something, but he said "he was in a NY state of mind" and was "intrigued" by the offer, so maybe there is something to that. But then again maybe not.

Kakaroach
07-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Could be an option if everything goes wrong for Miami, but I highly doubt that. Wade is prolly staying put.

LionBryan
07-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Could be an option if everything goes wrong for Miami, but I highly doubt that. Wade is prolly staying put.

Did he tell you this? I'm pretty sure no one knows anything.

J_M_B
07-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Yeah... Wade's not going anywhere

He's not gonna go out a say "the meeting was horrible, if Amare goes to NY then he's a loser!"

All he said is that it went very good, let's not change that to he's about to sign with the Knicks.

NY is great city, and I'm pretty sure that they'll land some top tier free agents, but I doubt it would be Wade. His home is in Miami.

Pat Riley isn't about to strike out. He's been planning this for years now, and he's made many blockbuster trades and free agent signings in the past. In Riley I trust. I'm hoping for a Wade/Bosh duo :D

Good luck NY in free agency :)

J_M_B
07-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Did he tell you this? I'm pretty sure no one knows anything.

Uhh yeah.

He's already told everyone that his heart is in Miami and would do everything in his power to recruit some top marquee free agents. He said, "I don't want to leave."

LionBryan
07-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Oh. That's what all athletes say.

KnicksorBust
07-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Uhh yeah.

He's already told everyone that his heart is in Miami and would do everything in his power to recruit some top marquee free agents. He said, "I don't want to leave."

Why isn't he signed then? I think he's staying but it is interesting that he hasn't inked with them and is even taking these meetings. Wade could have just said "It was a good meeting." Or he could have said nothing. Like LeBron did. Him saying that he was intrigued means that said something that interested him. It's not monumental, and it could end up meaning jack **** but I'll take any sign of interest I can get from a star player like him. Maybe LeBron hears that and says well **** maybe I should just sign and do unstoppable pick and rolls with Amar'e next season.

Giaps
07-02-2010, 03:30 PM
The thing that I wonder with Wade is:

1) Why doesn't he sign right away like Joe Johnson (supposedly) if he is definitely staying? Maybe he's unsure about what will happen in Miami and will leave if they strike out.

or

2) He already knows that he's staying and is spying on other team's pitches and reporting back to Riley

or

3) He's just having fun and enjoying the attention.

Gotta be one of those.

The Dream
07-02-2010, 03:35 PM

lol i post a lot in the knicks forum. where u been?!?

Da Knicks
07-02-2010, 03:47 PM
lol i post a lot in the knicks forum. where u been?!?

No matter what we all are knick fans and have suffered enough so lets just hope this season is a better season than the past 10.:)

8kobe24
07-02-2010, 03:49 PM

1) Why doesn't he sign right away like Joe Johnson (supposedly) if he is definitely staying? Maybe he's unsure about what will happen in Miami and will leave if they strike out.

or

2) He already knows that he's staying and is spying on other team's pitches and reporting back to Riley

or

Gotta be one of those.

#1 sounds " intriguing ". :D

bkmikeyy
07-02-2010, 03:50 PM
I agree his heart is in Miami, but if the Amare rumors are true, and bosh goes to texas he might have no choice but to leave, can't win with beasely chalmers and cap space.

DLeeicious
07-02-2010, 03:51 PM
This is getting old fast. I don't know why he is posturing the way he is, he is NOT leaving Miami.

chitown 4 life
07-02-2010, 03:56 PM

or

or

Gotta be one of those.

he's gonna stay in miami but he may need to sign for less then the max if bosh and lebron come to. i think thats way he has not signed yet. and a lil spying to.. will see

dbeastly
07-02-2010, 04:04 PM
wade has loved every meeting he has had. dont believe anything you read.

He's there just to play with every ones heads haha.....

Thisisouryear!!
07-02-2010, 04:05 PM

This

dbeastly
07-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Why isn't he signed then? I think he's staying but it is interesting that he hasn't inked with them and is even taking these meetings. Wade could have just said "It was a good meeting." Or he could have said nothing. Like LeBron did. Him saying that he was intrigued means that said something that interested him. It's not monumental, and it could end up meaning jack **** but I'll take any sign of interest I can get from a star player like him. Maybe LeBron hears that and says well **** maybe I should just sign and do unstoppable pick and rolls with Amar'e next season.

Because he wants to make sure his team is going in the right direction beofre he makes a career changing decision maybe?

kyubi256
07-02-2010, 04:08 PM
he's gonna stay in miami but he may need to sign for less then the max if bosh and lebron come to. i think thats way he has not signed yet. and a lil spying to.. will see

Not if they strike out... a team of Chalmers + Beasley is not really appealing

BiGBizzness
07-02-2010, 04:28 PM
the truth is he probably has an open mind about things,if miami happens not to sign nobody do u really think he will stay?u ****ing crazy have u seen the playoffs he did everything by himself...and if the knicks get amare and miami come up short he's going out of town.the good thing about miami is pat riley,and no tax besides that knicks aint bad they just had some bad contracts and bad decisions but this the new start of something good..remember this is a business before anything and if u got no decent players around and theres a good contract and they pick someone up,best to believe he gone and he already won a ring for miami and ya crowd dont even come for his games.the garden is always more packed without a star player if he comes the garden is gonna be sold out no doubt about it

KnicksR4Real
07-02-2010, 04:44 PM

Hahha so true... I can recall all the bashing, and now its quiet

97NYer
07-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Someone post an Amare Knick jersey.

akagiredsuns
07-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Let's hope this happens.

STAT deal gets done.
LeBron re-signs.
Bosh goes to Chicago
Boozer to NJ
Dirk re-signs
JJ deal gets done in ATL
Gay already re-signed
Yao picked up option
Pierce re-signed

:laugh2: That was the funniest thing I ever heard. The Spurs would NEVER take that deal. Curry is wanted by the police. You think he's gonna be Duncan's successor? NO words, just ---> :facepalm:

Evolution23
07-02-2010, 05:54 PM
:laugh2: That was the funniest thing I ever heard. The Spurs would NEVER take that deal. Curry is wanted by the police. You think he's gonna be Duncan's successor? NO words, just ---> :facepalm:

Hes an expiring contract, which means hes VERY valuable in the NBA.. Do you some research before you make goofy faces

TEXASTITAN
07-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Knicks should have kept the assets they gave the rockets to get these sign and trades done. Because there is no way they pull off a 3 superstar deal with a weak supporting cast under them one of them might be dumb enough to do it but not all 3. Their bench is thin and lee ain't coming back so even with 3 superstars you don't make the east finals.

Kevj77
07-02-2010, 06:06 PM
What's he supposed to say?,that it sucked?..He's just keeping his options open in case miami bombs in FA./thread

Everyone is saying all their meetings are great. They are just saying the right thing.

Slimsim
07-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Knicks should have kept the assets they gave the rockets to get these sign and trades done. Because there is no way they pull off a 3 superstar deal with a weak supporting cast under them one of them might be dumb enough to do it but not all 3. Their bench is thin and lee ain't coming back so even with 3 superstars you don't make the east finals.

Then we wouldn't have had room to sign 2 maxs players. Plus JJ and Jordan hill aren't anything special and from what i heard Houston played JJ more than they played Jordan Hill.

Slimsim
07-02-2010, 06:17 PM
/thread

Everyone is saying all their meetings are great. They are just saying the right thing.

Not true LBJ didn't say anything about his meeting with the Knicks.

Slimsim
07-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Beside Miami really don't have anyone on their roster. People bash the Knicks for not having a Strong core but Miami don't even have a core. Knicks have Wilson, Gallo, TD walker, Barron, Jerome Jordan, Rautins and Fields Their all role players some of them proven NBA talent others have yet to prove themselves but would most likely get a chance in the summer league. Who do Miami have ? Beasley the second overall pick who is already label a bust by most fans and chalmers who at best is a backup pg. So be realistic Knicks situation is much better than what some of you people make it out to be.