PDA

View Full Version : John Salmons to Bucks Offical

TheBomb255
07-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Thought this should be a new thread.

From Chad Ford:

Chad Ford, ESPN Insider: Ok ... the Bucks and John Salmons have finally come to terms on a deal. It's 5 years, $39 million, but the deal has partial guarantees in it, so in reality, Salmons could be earning less if things don't work out down the road.

Awesome deal for Milwaukee imo.

xabial
07-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Bucks with alot of offseason spending and transactions. Things could work out in the long run or they could be this years pistons.

97NYer
07-02-2010, 02:25 PM
CDR, Redd, Salmons, Maggette, Mbah a Moute. That is a lot of wings....

Switch
07-02-2010, 02:27 PM

I agree, I don't get this signing for Milwaukee after they traded for Maggette.

TheBomb255
07-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Anyone else notice how Frye/Johnson/Gooden nearly got as much as Salmons? Awesome deal for Milwaukee.

Redd won't play for the Bucks this year, and probably will be traded.

Depth Chart:

PG: Brandon Jennings
SG: John Salmons/CDR
SF: Corey Maggette/Carlos Delfino/Hobson
PF: Drew Gooden/Ersan/Luc Richard/Larry Sanders
C: Andrew Bogut/Gooden/Sanders

R_O_W_E
07-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Anyone else notice how Frye/Johnson/Gooden nearly got as much as Salmons? Awesome deal for Milwaukee.

Depth Chart:

Thats about right.

Redd's expirer will bring Milwaukee back another good player also, maybe not a superstar but a good player no doubt.

Milwaukee is counting on Young Money & Bogut's progressions. If they become a top PG/C combo then the sky is the limit for Milwaukee.

cowboyz180
07-02-2010, 02:32 PM
great deal! Salmons is a great player

tredigs
07-02-2010, 02:33 PM

Depth Chart:

^Yup. Solid team if they can mesh. Salmons was the key to their playoff run, so I'm glad they got him back for their sake. That's a perennial playoff team for the foreseeable future. I don't see them being much better than that (just not quite strong enough to ever contend with that roster), but if they can work out a nice deal for Redd at the deadline - which they will - for a team looking to shore up cap space, then they'll be damn strong.

soxnfins
07-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Looking like a decent team finally is my Bucks.... Hopefully good enough to make it to the playoffs for years to come. Not just as a 1 year fluke.

PrettyBoyJ
07-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Not a bad move.. Brandon Jennings have more players to work with now.. and less pressure on him to score and throw up bad shots.. might have a big assist year next season

hgtiger32
07-02-2010, 02:37 PM

Redd-won't play this year, either get traded or will expire
Salmons-will start @ SG
CDR- will be our backup SG/possibly backup for jennings, idk
Maggette-will probably be our starting SF with delfino coming off the bench at the 2 or the 3
Mbah a Moute-he'll come off the bench and play D on the opposing teams best 2,3, or 4 player most likely

it's a lot of flexibility to play with certain matchups and such. if you watched the bucks at all this past year you saw how it was basically a different guy stepping up everynight: jennings, salmons, delfino, ridinour, ersan, etc...plus we really need some scoring...

soxnfins
07-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Not a bad move.. Brandon Jennings have more players to work with now.. and less pressure on him to score and throw up bad shots.. might have a big assist year next season

This is what I'm hoping for. Somewhere in the range of 18-19PPG and 8-9APG

TheBomb255
07-02-2010, 02:40 PM
If the Bucks can add Ridnour yet, it will be a fantastic off-season imo.

Jennings/Ridnour
Salmons/CDR
Maggette/Delfino
Gooden/Ersan/Luc
Bogut/Gooden

Bucks have a ton of depth also so that they can ship either Ersan or Luc off with Redd, and get back a very good SF.

Could you imagine if the Bucks were able to land Danny Granger from the Pacers? Something like Ersan, Redd, and picks for Granger?

Jennings, Salmons, Granger, Gooden, Bogut with Ridnour, CDR, Maggette, Delfino, Luc Richard etc off the bench?

heattiltheend94
07-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Bucks are having a great offseason, even without cap space.

ManRam
07-02-2010, 02:44 PM
That's an absolute bargain for the Bucks, considering what Amir, Gooden and Darko have gotten. He's much better than all of them.

Trouble87
07-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Bucks are making great offseason moves

Chinatownbiznes
07-02-2010, 02:45 PM
It is offical but is it official?

Ragun
07-02-2010, 02:50 PM
this is not offical. the agreed to terms. it will be official when salmons signs the papers.

D-Block21-Chito
07-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Looks like Milwaukee is putting together a pretty decent squad! Good stuff buck fans!

Giannis94
07-02-2010, 03:13 PM
fear the deer!

gilly
07-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Granger would be an awesome fit for this team, if they could use Redd to get him they'd be good to go next year. Alternatively, they could send Luc/Ilyasova + Redd to get a top tier PF. They're looking good next year.

Kakaroach
07-02-2010, 03:41 PM
For the predicted amount too, solid job on the Bucks part.

bahama0811
07-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Good job by the Bucks.

njnets
07-02-2010, 04:10 PM
great deal. trade redd for a PF possibly? idk. give gooden another team to add to his list haha.

also, with all of those SFs and PFs, they should trade one for a backup point.

nonetheless though, this team is looking GOOD. they will definitely be a force to be reckon with in the east next year imo. i say 2nd round exit.

The Raven
07-02-2010, 05:33 PM
great move by the bucks to get him. Solid signing

MU and UW Fan
07-02-2010, 05:44 PM
If we could somehow bring back Ridnour, sign one more veteran big man, and do something to get a consistent 3 point shooter then I don't see any weaknesses on this team.

Bucks24226
07-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Redd ersan 1st round pick for bosh lol

jtrinaldi
07-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Fear the deer *****es!!!!!!!!!!!!

jtrinaldi
07-02-2010, 06:08 PM
bucks gonna trade mike redd fo chris bosh now.........just watch when it happens I can say I CALLED IT!

LTBaByyy
07-02-2010, 06:51 PM
If the Bucks can add Ridnour yet, it will be a fantastic off-season imo.

Jennings/Ridnour
Salmons/CDR
Maggette/Delfino
Gooden/Ersan/Luc
Bogut/Gooden

Bucks have a ton of depth also so that they can ship either Ersan or Luc off with Redd, and get back a very good SF.

Could you imagine if the Bucks were able to land Danny Granger from the Pacers? Something like Ersan, Redd, and picks for Granger?

Jennings, Salmons, Granger, Gooden, Bogut with Ridnour, CDR, Maggette, Delfino, Luc Richard etc off the bench?

Larry Sanders not on the team to you??

TheBomb255
07-03-2010, 04:21 PM
One of the Bucks insider just tweeted that the 5th year of Salmons contract is just guranteed 1 million.

So it's pretty much a 5 year deal worth 32 million or so.