PDA

View Full Version : Woud you be happy if Fisher doesn't return?

VPNeedAssistanc
07-02-2010, 11:58 AM
The lakers are a 65 wins team without him. He's better off retiring and begin his career as a coach.

BrewinRamLakers
07-02-2010, 11:59 AM
:facepalm:

Avenged
07-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Of course we wouldn't be happy.

Why would we? He's a major part of our core.

lakers4sho
07-02-2010, 12:00 PM
He just needs to realize that he's not worth more than 2.5 mil anymore.

The Raven
07-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Hell no i wouldnt. I think if the Lakers dont bring him back, then thats pretty messed up for them to do. He is a major part of this team that will be very hard to replace if we lose him

Hurricane H
07-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Are you new here?

kobeonekenobe
07-02-2010, 12:13 PM
D-Fish deserves all the money he can get ! He also deserves to be part of another 3peat !

BigGuy951
07-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Hell no i wouldn't be happy. Even if he goes to the bench, he'd be a great veteran, leading presence there and he'd save his battery for the playoffs, where we all know he tears it up. Fisher back would be great. Fishers retiring...Not so much. At all.

IDB Josh M
07-02-2010, 12:26 PM
It doesn't matter if we're happy or not; Kobe won't be happy.

Lakerfrk
07-02-2010, 12:31 PM
The lakers are a 65 wins team without him. He's better off retiring and begin his career as a coach.

Seriously? You're right.. Fisher totally didnt help us win the championship this year... its a good thing he didnt hit a big 3 in game 7.. or make TONS of great plays in a clutch game 3 win.....

... wait....

BrewinRamLakers
07-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Seriously? You're right.. Fisher totally didnt help us win the championship this year... its a good thing he didnt hit a big 3 in game 7.. or make TONS of great plays in a clutch game 3 win.....

... wait....

:clap:

Statik1
07-02-2010, 12:51 PM

You my friend can get the **** out :facepalm:

Avenged
07-02-2010, 12:53 PM
And btw, the Lakers weren't even a 65 win team with him this past season, so why would they be one without him?

New Power House
07-02-2010, 01:16 PM

Your opinion is very unfounded. Fish is worth his weight in gold for what he has done for us when plays are valuable. Lakers do not have the money to expend on him and his 35.But is not because he does not deserves more. He is a symbol of dedication and decency rarely found now days among our NBA players. You should ask to close your thread.:facepalm:

kid24
07-02-2010, 01:18 PM
:facepalm:

did you even watch the finals.:mad:

WeLoveLA
07-02-2010, 01:23 PM
F no I wouldn't be happy. We need DFish he is clutch.

SiR Lakers III
07-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Retards these days

nanablvd
07-02-2010, 02:27 PM
No, imagine a team without a captain. Fisher's contributions to the team goes far beyond his clutch threes.

LAdiablo
07-02-2010, 03:07 PM
doubtful we beat the celtics without his heart.
he came up huge against orlando two years ago.
there is no reason to insult the guy and even though he is not an everday starter anymore what he brings is not something you can find in the open market.
grit. determination. focus. triangle and championship experience.
see many of those guys out there?

Lakers14
07-02-2010, 03:12 PM
D-Fish deserves all the money he can get ! He also deserves to be part of another 3peat !

Fisher don't deserve 5 mil PERIOD. Lakers need a PG that can Defend and take somebody off the dribble. Kobe is the only Laker that take people off the Dribble on this team. Fish do make BIG shot, but be serious he get beat off the dribble so much that he keeps the other team in the GAME when the Lakers should be in control.

LakerfaninKY
07-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Idiot

XerxestheGreat
07-02-2010, 03:28 PM
I want Fish back for one more year. The 2.5 mil sounds about right, although he is Mr. Clutch in the playoffs, the FO needs to sign someone to make up for his shortcomings during the season. 5 mil multi-year deal would hurt the team in the long run...

LO took a paycut, RON took a paycut, and i truly believe Pau took a paycut to re-sign...Fish can too...if he wanted to. He can make up for the other 2.5 mil here in LA with using celebrity status endorsements ...which he doesn't have as much in other cities.

lakers4sho
07-02-2010, 03:34 PM
I would pissed because Fisher got greedy.

albertc86
07-02-2010, 03:39 PM
A couple things to remember... The Lakers did do Fisher a favor by bringing him back. Secondly, he needs to also realize that he can't be the starting PG for this team. It's not like he's going to command a lot of money anywhere else and be a starting PG; he's never had that talent.

lakers4sho
07-02-2010, 03:41 PM
A couple things to remember... The Lakers did do Fisher a favor by bringing him back. Secondly, he needs to also realize that he can't be the starting PG for this team. It's not like he's going to command a lot of money anywhere else and be a starting PG; he's never had that talent.

If Fish does come back, he WILL start. I don't think there's any question about that.

xbrackattackx
07-02-2010, 03:55 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

lakers4sho
07-02-2010, 03:59 PM
What's with the facepalm? He's NOT more than 2.5 mil.

albertc86
07-02-2010, 04:04 PM
If Fish does come back, he WILL start. I don't think there's any question about that.

You really think so? Fisher is a liability every game on the defensive end. To his credit, he steps up at the right time, but the Lakers need a more consistent PG to compete next year. Fisher may start next year but the following year he won't. I see him taking more of a mentorship role after the first year in a multi-year deal but that doesn't change the fact that no one else will start him. We've all seen what L.A. and championships mean to him so he should take a pay cut for the benefit of the team and himself --- not financially though. But, it is best for his family.

lakers4sho
07-02-2010, 04:15 PM
You really think so? Fisher is a liability every game on the defensive end. To his credit, he steps up at the right time, but the Lakers need a more consistent PG to compete next year. Fisher may start next year but the following year he won't. I see him taking more of a mentorship role after the first year in a multi-year deal but that doesn't change the fact that no one else will start him. We've all seen what L.A. and championships mean to him so he should take a pay cut for the benefit of the team and himself --- not financially though. But, it is best for his family.

I agree with your post. But neither you nor I am the Laker coach. :p

VPNeedAssistanc
07-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Fisher is terrible in the regular season, shoots poorly, defends poorly. Lakers are 65 wins team without him. Look at last season, how many times he went 2/10, 3/10. Remember the guy where he tried to shoot the final shot and got the ball blocked? He's a terrible player. His "intangibles" can come as a coach, not a player who wants 5m.

KillaInstinct24
07-02-2010, 07:49 PM
laker fans quickly forgot fisher's heroics against orlando the following season in 09. and now they quickly forget his heroics in the finals in 2010. i dont understand u guys that hate on fisher so damn much. its like you guys have selective memories or you're short term memory is shot. we better resign him, if for the simple fact, we dont let miami or whoever bron bron goes to sign him

JNA17
07-02-2010, 07:52 PM
new guy making god awful post, please close.

Vinylman
07-02-2010, 07:57 PM
before the blake signing i would have been unhappy...

now... i am scared to death...

TheHoopsProphet
07-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Look Fisher means a lot to this team. His biggest asset is the leadership he brings. He's the only player on our team that can put kobe in his place. HOWEVER, we all seem to forget how terrible he was during the regular season. He made some big plays in this playoff run, but he can only, Only, ONLY get worse, and its extremely unlikely he'll match what he did these playoffs.

Call me crazy but the pg I think we need to resign is farmar. Farmar, with more minutes and consistent playing time will be a much better player, trust me. phil always yanked him in and out sporadically which explains his inconsistency. Resign farmar, let Fisher get his 5 million on another contender.

Winning Over Loyatly.

ohdouger
07-02-2010, 08:50 PM
I think his leadership on this team CANNOT be understated. Is he the best point guard in the league (absolutely not), is he the best point guard for us (absolutely). Mitch has said that Fish was our number 1 off-season priority, and I believe him. For all his flaws, I would want him back no matter what. But of course, Fish has to do what is best for him and his family. If it doesn't work out, I wish him nothing but the best, and thank you Derek for all the memories. You are a class act, and a warrior. I will never forget what you have done for this franchise!

ldawg
07-02-2010, 09:02 PM
laker fans quickly forgot fisher's heroics against orlando the following season in 09. and now they quickly forget his heroics in the finals in 2010. i dont understand u guys that hate on fisher so damn much. its like you guys have selective memories or you're short term memory is shot. we better resign him, if for the simple fact, we dont let miami or whoever bron bron goes to sign him

The only way i would be afraid of Fish joining the enemy is if he give out our plays and secret, not his pg skills. But hope he comes back and defend his crown off the bench and help blake learn the triangle.

ldawg
07-02-2010, 09:05 PM
sorry fisher is not worth more than 2.99 mil

ldawg
07-02-2010, 09:21 PM
fisher need some time to think he knows this might be his last contract and he want to get paid. But the transition is now, time for him to hit the bench these young players are running circles around him and we need someone who has the ability to get in the lane if teams play zone and get Bynum and Pau looks. 2 yr deal 2.75 mil player opt 2nd yr.

PLAYERS FAN
07-02-2010, 09:56 PM

Hard to sell that if Darko and Amir Johnson are making around 4 mil a year. If I was him I be upset too. :laugh2:

PLAYERS FAN
07-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Remember Jerome James got a big pay because of a great playoff series! Don't be shock that see Fisher gets a 4 or 5 million per year deal!

lakers4sho
07-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Hard to sell that if Darko and Amir Johnson are making around 4 mil a year. If I was him I be upset too. :laugh2:

They're not 35 year old dudes though :shrug:

ldawg
07-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Remember Jerome James got a big pay because of a great playoff series! Don't be shock that see Fisher gets a 4 or 5 million per year deal! A perfect reason why to not fall for the contract year trick. See fat cat Walton anywhere? at 35 Fisher has inter vet status. 2.5 mil any team would pick him up to teach how to win but he would not start and avg 28 mpg. I hope fisher and Lakers can come to a deal want him to be apart of this but if he is out we loose his toughness and leadership skills but he can be replaced. hahahah if fisher is out Kobe will be the oldest player on the team and the only one left over form the first 3 peat. WOW how time fly

COBY KARL
07-03-2010, 05:29 AM
Say all you want about Fisher in the regular season. But in the playoffs this guy is MONEY.
Can't really guard those quick pgs like westbrook and rondo but he did a great job on Dwill and Steve Nash.

Plus he's win two finals games by himself. Game 4 last yr and Game 3 this yr.

kobebabe
07-03-2010, 05:40 AM
You are obviously a Laker hater in disguise!!!!!!!!!!! U are absolutely sick man!!:facepalm:

GspLAL
07-03-2010, 05:46 AM
And btw, the Lakers weren't even a 65 win team with him this past season, so why would they be one without him?

He probably means because we can pick up another good free agent but yeah stupid thread..

GspLAL
07-03-2010, 05:47 AM

wtf are you saying "Laker fans" it's just one person, did you not see everyone bombing on him for making this thread?

BrewinRamLakers
07-03-2010, 06:43 AM
He obviously didn't read it.

VPNeedAssistanc
07-03-2010, 08:01 AM
He probably means because we can pick up another good free agent but yeah stupid thread..

Nah. Hes a career 40%, his numbers have dropping constantly for the past 3 years and still continue to drop. If he really wants 5mil when he will be avging 5 pts with 38% fg, he needs to go away. You are talking about his intangibles, thats why he should be a COACH. He made a total of 3 3's in a 7 games final. Do you honestly think that is good for a guy who is a starter who is supposed to be a shooter?

RidgeRaider24
07-03-2010, 08:07 AM
fisher is without a doubt one of our most imp pieces, he is the lakers vocal leader and is a stud in the playoffs, hell ya we need him back !

Iceman_9
07-03-2010, 08:09 AM

:facepalm: OMG..

Raidaz4Life
07-03-2010, 08:21 AM
I wouldn't be happy, but I definitely don't care whether we resign him or not.

BrewinRamLakers
07-03-2010, 08:27 AM
FYI in the title of your thread it is would not woud :-)

Blackryder45
07-03-2010, 09:09 AM

This must me Kuptchaq, You were just stating to get on my good side, Please dont be retarted, He is Kobe opposite when it comes to leading and our guys need that.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Black24Momba8
07-03-2010, 09:32 AM
the Fisher man is the glue for this team Mr. big shot in his own right

Margie
07-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Go away clown.

gr824
07-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Nah. Hes a career 40%, his numbers have dropping constantly for the past 3 years and still continue to drop. If he really wants 5mil when he will be avging 5 pts with 38% fg, he needs to go away. You are talking about his intangibles, thats why he should be a COACH. He made a total of 3 3's in a 7 games final. Do you honestly think that is good for a guy who is a starter who is supposed to be a shooter?

Actually, Derek made only 2 3s in the entire series ... But both were big shots in Game Seven [ the basket to open the scoring a minute into the contest and the shot in the middle of the fourth quarter to tie the game at 64 ]. Plus, without his fourth quarter scoring outburst in Game Three, the Lakers do not win that game ... and likely lose the series as a consequence ...