PDA

View Full Version : Nash Deserves to be Traded!

indy787
07-02-2010, 01:48 AM
As a Suns fan I am asking a lot of questions right now. Why did Channing Frye just get a $30 million contract when we wanted him dead in the playoffs? It looks like after we lose Amare to NY, the Suns are headed straight to the lottery. I beg the Suns to trade Nash to a true contender so this great player can finally get a ring. Nash to Chicago in a sign and trade? Imagine this lineup:

Bosh
Noah
James
Rose
Nash

Maybe Deng would be the piece traded? I think he deserves this chance. Thoughts?

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-02-2010, 01:59 AM
Why does every1 wanna help chicago.. LOL

kblo247
07-02-2010, 01:59 AM
He doesn't DESERVE a damn thing.

He made the choice to stay there and not compete for titles. No one held a gun to his head, and he knew damn well that Sarver isn't about winning as much as he is about money.

So not I don't agree as know player is deserving of ****. Ewing wasn't deserving of a ring, neither was Chuck, or Stockton because they didn't go out there and earn it.

Nash hasn't earned the right to play for a title and that is on him just as much as it is on Phoenix brass.

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-02-2010, 02:01 AM

He made the choice to stay there and not compete for titles. No one held a gun to his head, and he knew damn well that Sarver isn't about winning as much as he is about money.

So not I don't agree as know player is deserving of ****. Ewing wasn't deserving of a ring, neither was Chuck, or Stockton because they didn't go out there and earn it.
Nash hasn't earned the right to play for a title and that is on him just as much as it is on Phoenix brass.

A dude name MJ stood in their way.. All of those guys fought hard in the finals at some point in their career. All are deserving.. :facepalm:

Mudvayne91
07-02-2010, 02:01 AM

Agreed. I wouldn't mind seeing Nash traded to a contender, but the Bulls don't need any help. He could be reunited with his Euro buddy Dirka Dirka in Dallas. I could actually see that happening if he was on the block.

kyubi256
07-02-2010, 02:02 AM
If you are going to trade him... reunite him with D'Antoni in the Knicks with Stoudamire.

We can offer you some nice pieces like Wilson Chandler and others. Look how well Channing Frye did for you guys last year (minus the playoffs)

Also... why trade him to Chicago? They have Derrick Rose... Are they going after 3 guys who need to handle the ball (play PG on offense)?

Mochalman
07-02-2010, 02:03 AM
Nash should get traded to the Lakers. The white version of Derrick Fisher.

indy787
07-02-2010, 02:04 AM

Chicago has some decent pieces to package together and this way D Rose could play off the ball. Nash, if traded, is definitely going to the East.

hotpotato1092
07-02-2010, 02:05 AM
Trade him to Cleveland if LeBron resigns, I think LeBron would rather catch alleyoops from Nash than watch Mo Williams jack up threes.

Iodine
07-02-2010, 02:08 AM
In related news, Steve Nash has been seen drinking heavily in recent weeks, and has been sighted curing the suns FO.

I mean really, has any FO ****ed over their star who revitalized much of the ENTIRE LEAGUE?
They pretty much traded the chances to have iggy/deng, rondo(who wouldnt have become as good of course since he would have never gotten baptised by fire), Nate, and keeping kurt thomas so they wouldnt go over the luxury tax. Of course they then signed Marcus Banks and Qrich to LOLContracts
Bill simmons explains this perfectly (Im paraphrasing since I cant copy and paste out of a book)
1. We know the suns should have had a 6 man core (5 if marion still doesnt enjoy winning) of Nash, Marion, Amare, Joe Johnson (who they wouldnt have pissed off by lowballing), Barbs, and Either Iggy or Deng from 2004 on. Never touch that unless Iggy deals coke or barbs develops into a serial killer. Just add late first rounders and cheap FA's/buyouts midway through the season and those are still good teams and but the franchise in a much better situation than they are in right now

And
2. Why own/run an NBA if your more interested in cutting costs and passing by than going for it all? How is that rewarding or fun? Who wakes up (besides Sarver) and goes "Hey im going to tease fans and then **** ourselves over by trading our draft pick then signing Banks to a contract that would be worth so much more than that pick's final year multiplied by 5". Does he enjoy when fans see him and whisper "Hey thats the ******* that ****s our team over"

What a waste of a chance for showtimeLITE and Nash's prime.

Sorry Im in a ranting mood

NYKnickFanatic
07-02-2010, 02:09 AM
If you were to trade Nash, you would want it to be to the Bulls? Doesnt even make sense...

kblo247
07-02-2010, 02:09 AM

Fisher can actually defend his shadow and knows what the Finals look like, so no.

PlezPlayDKnicks
07-02-2010, 02:10 AM
Chicago def doesnt have the money for the lineup u put up there bro.....

kyubi256
07-02-2010, 02:10 AM
Trade him to Cleveland if LeBron resigns, I think LeBron would rather catch alleyoops from Nash than watch Mo Williams jack up threes.

I don't see Cleveland having any good piece to get Nash... And their picks would be worthless

indy787
07-02-2010, 02:12 AM
In related news, Steve Nash has been seen drinking heavily in recent weeks, and has been sighted curing the suns FO.

I mean really, has any FO ****ed over their star who revitalized much of the ENTIRE LEAGUE?
They pretty much traded the chances to have iggy/deng, rondo(who wouldnt have become as good of course since he would have never gotten baptised by fire), Nate, and keeping kurt thomas so they wouldnt go over the luxury tax. Of course they then signed Marcus Banks and Qrich to LOLContracts
Bill simmons explains this perfectly (Im paraphrasing since I cant copy and paste out of a book)
1. We know the suns should have had a 6 man core (5 if marion still doesnt enjoy winning) of Nash, Marion, Amare, Joe Johnson (who they wouldnt have pissed off by lowballing), Barbs, and Either Iggy or Deng from 2004 on. Never touch that unless Iggy deals coke or barbs develops into a serial killer. Just add late first rounders and cheap FA's/buyouts midway through the season and those are still good teams and but the franchise in a much better situation than they are in right now

And
2. Why own/run an NBA if your more interested in cutting costs and passing by than going for it all? How is that rewarding or fun? Who wakes up (besides Sarver) and goes "Hey im going to tease fans and then **** ourselves over by trading our draft pick then signing Banks to a contract that would be worth so much more than that pick's final year multiplied by 5". Does he enjoy when fans see him and whisper "Hey thats the ******* that ****s our team over"

What a waste of a chance for showtimeLITE and Nash's prime.

Sorry Im in a ranting mood

This is extreme but for some reason I can really relate. I am tired of screwing Nash over and make him overachieve on teams that could have had more talent. I love Nash to death but I want him to be able to compete next season. I would really enjoy watching Lebron throw down dunks from Nash.

abe_froman
07-02-2010, 02:13 AM
what the hell??

More-Than-Most
07-02-2010, 02:14 AM

Bah lol

sjbirds
07-02-2010, 02:21 AM
Fisher can actually defend his shadow and knows what the Finals look like, so no.

bahahahaha.... really??? nash on that team would be crazy... fisher= good role player but nash is 100000000000x better... stop being a homer

blah-blah
07-02-2010, 02:22 AM
bulls hav rose... nash would be good for the lakers

kblo247
07-02-2010, 02:24 AM
bahahahaha.... really??? nash on that team would be crazy... fisher= good role player but nash is 100000000000x better... stop being a homer

Fisher is a winner. He plays big in big games. He leads when his team's back is against the wall and actually comes up big.

The two time MVP can't say that. He had had talent, but he hasn't won with it. He hasn't even been a good enough leader to get his team in the Finals. That is a ****ing joke in itself.

When Nash's team is against the wall he wilts and make youtube videos, when Fish's team is he hits daggers and comes up with rings.

I'll gladly take a winner and a guy who has 5 titles and started at PG on 7 Finals teams over a guy who doesn't even know what it feels like to step on the court of one.

The Raven
07-02-2010, 02:26 AM
I want to agree with you. He does deserve to be traded but, its his own fault he's in the position he is in. If he really wanted a chance to compete for a ring, he wouldn't of signed that extension with PHX when he could of signed with a contender.

Believe me. He does deserve to get traded and if i had to choose one team, id love for him to come to the lakers but, if he ends up retiring with no ring, he only has himself to blame.

Tenacity
07-02-2010, 02:32 AM
As a Suns fan I am asking a lot of questions right now. Why did Channing Frye just get a $30 million contract when we wanted him dead in the playoffs? It looks like after we lose Amare to NY, the Suns are headed straight to the lottery. I beg the Suns to trade Nash to a true contender so this great player can finally get a ring. Nash to Chicago in a sign and trade? Imagine this lineup:

Bosh
Noah
James
Rose
Nash

Maybe Deng would be the piece traded? I think he deserves this chance. Thoughts?

Nashy boy, come to Toronto. Although it's not a championship contender, it could be and Nash could finally play in his home country before retiring.

kurivaimu
07-02-2010, 02:32 AM
Fisher is a winner. He plays big in big games. He leads when his team's back is against the wall and actually comes up big.

The two time MVP can't say that. He had had talent, but he hasn't won with it. He hasn't even been a good enough leader to get his team in the Finals. That is a ****ing joke in itself.

When Nash's team is against the wall he wilts and make youtube videos, when Fish's team is he hits daggers and comes up with rings.

I'll gladly take a winner and a guy who has 5 titles and started at PG on 7 Finals teams over a guy who doesn't even know what it feels like to step on the court of one.

If ur sayin fisher is better than nash, your a moron. period.

Iodine
07-02-2010, 02:33 AM

Dude I love fisher, but LOL

Mochalman
07-02-2010, 02:36 AM
People need to stop someone is better than someone else due to rings. Is Mbenga better than LeBron cause he has two rings to Lebrons 0?

Nash is a better scorer and passer than Fisher. Fisher excels with Kobe behind him.

sunnydayin'zona
07-02-2010, 02:37 AM

Bosh
Noah
James
Rose
Nash

1. i've never seen you in the suns forum
2. no
3. why would chicago do this with rose?
4. no
5. no
6. who is being signed in this sign and trade?
7. not lottery, amare isnt that important to our team. not WCF next year tho

oh, and no.

gcoll
07-02-2010, 02:38 AM
The Suns will still compete next year. Mark my words, they will compete. Even without Amare.

Melo15
07-02-2010, 02:38 AM
People need to stop someone is better than someone else due to rings. Is Mbenga better than LeBron cause he has two rings to Lebrons 0?

Nash is a better scorer and passer than Fisher. Fisher excels with Kobe behind him.

No but Adam Morrison is a different story...........

Mochalman
07-02-2010, 02:40 AM
No but Adam Morrison is a different story...........

very true,when opposing teams see his 'stache from the bench they throw up bricks due to sheer intimidation.

kblo247
07-02-2010, 02:41 AM
If ur sayin fisher is better than nash, your a moron. period.

He is a better leader than Nash, he is a better defender than Nash, he is more clutch than Nash, and he plays better for it all than Nash.

Nash is a better scorer, Nash is a better passer, Nash is a better creator, and Nash is the better player.

Fisher is the better fit for LA and to play with Kobe. For everything Fish is not though I'll take him on the Lakers over Nash every day of the week because at the end of the day all that matters is he wins and plays a big damn role in doing just that.

sunnydayin'zona
07-02-2010, 02:44 AM
oh and :facepalm: to the guy trying to argue fish over nash. if nash went to the lakers for fish in some odd universe, lakers would have the best record of all time

tdunk21
07-02-2010, 02:45 AM
He is a better leader than Nash, he is a better defender than Nash, he is more clutch than Nash, and he plays better for it all than Nash.

Nash is a better scorer, Nash is a better passer, Nash is a better creator, and Nash is the better player.

Fisher is the better fit for LA and to play with Kobe. For everything Fish is not though I'll take him on the Lakers over Nash every day of the week because at the end of the day all that matters is he wins and plays a big damn role in doing just that.

dude dont embarass urself when u dont know what the fcuk u r talkin about....not only this but every reply of urs in this thread are so hilarious.....

_KB24_
07-02-2010, 02:45 AM
The moron decided to stay himself knowing the current situation with the team. You have to live with the decisions you make. Welcome to the No-ring club Nash.

sunnydayin'zona
07-02-2010, 02:46 AM

he's a better defender. thats it. and only if he can keep up with his man. nash is far more clutch and a far better leader, dont be a homer :facepalm:

sunnydayin'zona
07-02-2010, 02:47 AM
The Suns will still compete next year. Mark my words, they will compete. Even without Amare.

i agree. see the year amare had the knee injury

kblo247
07-02-2010, 02:49 AM
dude dont embarass urself when u dont know what the fcuk u r talkin about....not only this but every reply of urs in this thread are so hilarious.....

he's a better defender. thats it. and only if he can keep up with his man. nash is far more clutch and a far better leader, dont be a homer :facepalm:

Fisher was the voice on the 3 peat team. He rallied LA in game 7 and everyone from Kobe to Pau admit that he got their attention. He got their attention versus Orlando by telling them what to do. He has always been a captain under Phil for a reason. That reason is because when he talks everyone from Kobe on down admittedly listen. That makes him a better leader. You just don't lead when you are running teams out of the gym. You lead when you are down, out, and your team is on the ropes.

Also, what big shot that truly matters has Nash ever hit, or how many Finals games has he took over in the 4th quarter on the road? Oh yeah, none.

VinceGully
07-02-2010, 02:50 AM

What??? r u actually saying Flopper, I mean Fisher is better than Nash?

If Fish tried to guard his shadow he would somehow still end up on his back.

gcoll
07-02-2010, 02:52 AM
Fisher was the voice on the 3 peat team. He rallied LA in game 7 and everyone from Kobe to Pau admit that he got their attention. He got their attention versus Orlando by telling them what to do. He has always been a captain under Phil for a reason. That reason is because when he talks everyone from Kobe on down admittedly listen.

That makes him a better lead. You just don't lead when you are running teams out of the gym. You lead when you are down, out, and your team is on the ropes.
Ok. Great. Derek Fisher has a big mouth.

sunnydayin'zona
Fisher was the voice on the 3 peat team. He rallied LA in game 7 and everyone from Kobe to Pau admit that he got their attention. He got their attention versus Orlando by telling them what to do. He has always been a captain under Phil for a reason. That reason is because when he talks everyone from Kobe on down admittedly listen.

That makes him a better lead. You just don't lead when you are running teams out of the gym. You lead when you are down, out, and your team is on the ropes.

Also, what big shot that truly matters has Nash ever hit, or how many Finals games has he took over in the 4th quarter on the road? Oh yeah, none.

umm, he's still a role player and only that. between the two, who is a HOFer? dudley may be a good leader for the suns but im not gonna go out and say he's better than lebron. get real

VinceGully
Fisher was the voice on the 3 peat team. He rallied LA in game 7 and everyone from Kobe to Pau admit that he got their attention. He got their attention versus Orlando by telling them what to do. He has always been a captain under Phil for a reason. That reason is because when he talks everyone from Kobe on down admittedly listen. That makes him a better leader. You just don't lead when you are running teams out of the gym. You lead when you are down, out, and your team is on the ropes.

wow! Ive seen some homers in my day...but you my friend have taken the Loser trophy! Congrats! What are you gonna do now?

kblo247
07-02-2010, 02:53 AM
The moron decided to stay himself knowing the current situation with the team. You have to live with the decisions you make. Welcome to the No-ring club Nash.

We have a winner! he chose to stick around with a cheap owner, he chose to ***** about a coach who wanted to install a slower system that wins rings and not regular season games, he chose to not learn how to defend or rebound.

He put himself in his own ****ed up situation so he can only blame himself.

tdunk21
07-02-2010, 02:55 AM

put fish on suns and am sure as hell the suns will be lottery team every year....nash is far better leader than fisher.....nash makes players around him better ..... its true that he made bad decisions by sticking around in phoenix but he deserves a ring more than any other PG in this league....am a spurs fan and i should be hating on the suns and nash...but i dont ...i do respect nash a lot...so he does deserve a ring and he does deserve to get traded to a contender....

sunnydayin'zona
07-02-2010, 02:55 AM

really? you're gonna tell me fisher won those rings? not kobe, not shaq?

how about answer your own question. how many times has fisher done that?

kblo247
07-02-2010, 02:56 AM
umm, he's still a role player and only that. between the two, who is a HOFer? dudley may be a good leader for the suns but im not gonna go out and say he's better than lebron. get real

Nash is a HOF, and Fisher isn't.

Fisher will be remembered as one of the greatest role players in the history of the NBA and LA as well as have 5 rings that no one can ever take from him o say that he didn't contribute for.

Nash has the MVPs, the all star appearances, and the numbers. At the end of the day though he will always be the only two time MVP to never play in the Finals and a joke when he is on the same list as the other guys with that honor.

VinceGully
07-02-2010, 02:57 AM
We have a winner! he chose to stick around with a cheap owner, he chose to ***** about a coach who wanted to install a slower system that wins rings and not regular season games, he chose to not learn how to defend or rebound.

You're responding to a "thread" someone posted...not Nash himself. Im sure he is grown enough to realize he made his own decisions. They dont pick MVP's based on merit...HE WON THOSE. And might I mention only the 7th time it had happened before Lebron James just did it...something Kobe has never done (or will) and Derek Flopper cant even dream about doing. Give it up fam

sunnydayin'zona
07-02-2010, 02:58 AM

i cant even argue with this guy anymore. i swear i need a drink haha

kblo247
07-02-2010, 02:58 AM
put fish on suns and am sure as hell the suns will be lottery team every year....nash is far better leader than fisher.....nash makes players around him better ..... its true that he made bad decisions by sticking around in phoenix but he deserves a ring more than any other PG in this league....am a spurs fan and i should be hating on the suns and nash...but i dont ...i do respect nash a lot...so he does deserve a ring and he does deserve to get traded to a contender....

No one in life deserves or is entitles to ****. You make choices, some right and some wrong but you live with them. He chose to experience everything he has gotten, and that is on him and him alone.

ARMIN12NBA
07-02-2010, 03:00 AM
I think kblo is saying that Fisher is a better fit for the Lakers than Nash. I don't think he is saying that Fisher is a better player like others are implying.

sunnydayin'zona
07-02-2010, 03:01 AM

Fisher will be remembered as one of the greatest role players in the history of the NBA and LA as well as have 5 rings that no one can ever take from him o say that he didn't contribute for.

Nash has the MVPs, the all star appearances, and the numbers. At the end of the day though he will always be the only two time MVP to never play in the Finals and a joke when he is on the same list as the other guys with that honor.

i guarantee you in a decade nash will be remembered as one of the best pgs all time, and the best phoenix sun of all time, while people dont recognize the name derek fisher.

gcoll
07-02-2010, 03:02 AM

lol. Terry Porter was not gonna win the Suns any rings.

The reason the Suns don't have a ring isn't because our style is broken. It's because we got beat by good teams. It happens. Utah loses all the time in the playoffs, and nobody says a word about their system.

There is no logic there. We've consistently been second best in the Western conference. Is the argument that speed is good enough to get you to be second best, but not #1? If the style truly sucks, shouldn't everyone just beat it easily?

How does a fatally flawed system make it to the Western Conference finals on 3 separate occasions in six years?

jackdawson
07-02-2010, 03:03 AM

Bosh
Noah
James
Rose
Nash

AWESOME!!! Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and Wade will come off the bench.

kblo247
07-02-2010, 03:03 AM
I think kblo is saying that Fisher is a better fit for the Lakers than Nash. I don't think he is saying that Fisher is a better player like others are implying.

shush, if people don't read that is on them:

Allen Iverson is a better player and more talented than Derek as well, but I don't want his *** anywhere near a Laker jersey as well, same with Van Exel and Payton who were better and more exciting but just didn't fit the system, Phil, and Kobe.

thephoenixson28
07-02-2010, 03:04 AM
No player deserves to just get traded to a contender. These players get millions of dollars to play the game.

kblo247
07-02-2010, 03:08 AM
lol. Terry Porter was not gonna win the Suns any rings.

The reason the Suns don't have a ring isn't because our style is broken. It's because we got beat by good teams. It happens. Utah loses all the time in the playoffs, and nobody says a word about their system.

There is no logic there. We've consistently been second best in the Western conference. Is the argument that speed is good enough to get you to be second best, but not #1? If the style truly sucks, shouldn't everyone just beat it easily?

How does a fatally flawed system make it to the Western Conference finals on 3 separate occasions in six years?

Did they get out the west? Every time they ran into a team with comparable talent they got smacked back down be it by LA, Dallas, or San Antonio despite them always being deeper because that scheme is flawed and can be exploited by closing out to shooters and rebounding.

It is tailor made for the regular season, but running the ball like they do with no commitment to defense, no rebounding, and no post play (Amare dunking isn't the same as posting someone) will not win anything in the NBA and hasn't.

Nirvanaskurdt
07-02-2010, 03:09 AM
LOL @ the guy arguing for Fisher vs Nash :laugh2:

Nash >>>>> Fisher but thats not knock on Derek :)

Nash is a hall of famer and Fish is one of the best role players ever but not better than Nash :D

Nash is staying loyal to his team and not taking the easy route and going to a championship team or contender although the Suns may surprise people next year with or without Amare.. Nash is just fine in Phx :cool:

Shady66
07-02-2010, 03:11 AM

Dont feel like arguing so

:facepalm:

kblo247
07-02-2010, 03:13 AM
i guarantee you in a decade nash will be remembered as one of the best pgs all time, and the best phoenix sun of all time, while people dont recognize the name derek fisher.

Better than Barkley?

If people remember Byron Scott, AC Green, Coop, and those guys 20 years later they will remember the guy who started next to Kobe for 4/5 title runs and 5/7 Finals appearances. They will remember the guy who is all time in 3pt shots made in the NBA Finals is right there with only MJ, Kobe, and Horry. They will remember 0.4, Game 3 vs Boston, and Game 4 vs Orlando. Don't kid yourself.

Mochalman
07-02-2010, 03:15 AM

Nash is a hall of famer and Fish is one of the best role players ever but not better than Nash :D

Nash is staying loyal to his team and not taking the easy route and going to a championship team or contender although the Suns may surprise people next year with or without Amare.. Nash is just fine in Phx :cool:

you had me going till that.... if he was loyal he would still be in Dallas

kblo247
07-02-2010, 03:17 AM

This stuff started because he said Nash would be the white Derek Fisher. At no time did I say Fish was a better player than Nash; I said Fisher was a better fit for LA and that has helped him be the better winner. They are world's apart in talent and what they bring, but to say you can just as easily plug Nash in his spot and he be the white Fisher is asinine because it has been proven time and time again that he works for the Lakers, for Phil, and for Kobe better than just insert more talented PG here has ever did. To ignore that is just foolish on his part as a whole because history speaks for itself with Smush, Payton, Farmar, Farmar, Van Exel, and Atkins who all have more talent than Derek was ever blessed with but couldn't accomplish what the Lakers are all about ... winning titles and performing in the playoffs.

Shady66
07-02-2010, 03:17 AM

Why? to not get the money he deserved to get? Him and Cuban never saw eye to eye either.

Mochalman
07-02-2010, 03:19 AM
Why? to not get the money he deserved to get? Him and Cuban never saw eye to eye either.

who does cuban see eye to eye with?

xabial
07-02-2010, 03:19 AM
No player deserves to just get traded to a contender. These players get millions of dollars to play the game.

Some get tens of millions of dollars just to sit on their *****

kblo247
07-02-2010, 03:20 AM
who does cuban see eye to eye with?

Dirk

tdunk21
07-02-2010, 03:20 AM

didnt phoenix draft him?

Mudvayne91
07-02-2010, 03:21 AM
Fisher is amazing. Pass first player, clutch as can be and one of the classiest players in the game. Players like him are a dying breed IMO.

gcoll
07-02-2010, 03:24 AM
They are world's apart in talent and what they bring, but to say you can just as easily plug Nash in his spot and he be the white Fisher is asinine because it has been proven time and time again that he works for the Lakers, for Phil, and
for Kobe better than just insert more talented PG here has ever did.

I don't know....Steve Nash on the floor with Kobe, and Gasol....together the three of them could probably make some **** happen.

Mochalman
07-02-2010, 03:25 AM
http://www.grandstandsports.com/images/4498.jpg

Jenceman
07-02-2010, 03:26 AM

Dude. your ****ing insane.

Fisher is my favorite player, but Steve Nash is Steve ****ing Nash, no matter how much I hate him. He's one of the most efficient players ever, as multiple 50-40-90 seasons have proven, and his crazy good shooting would make him great in any offense, especially the triangle.

mynameismo
07-02-2010, 03:26 AM
Nash to Portland! ..oh wait. No Kevin Pritchard.. Damn Paul Allen.

PraiseJesus
07-02-2010, 03:33 AM
Dude. your ****ing insane.

Fisher is my favorite player, but Steve Nash is Steve ****ing Nash, no matter how much I hate him. He's one of the most efficient players ever, as multiple 50-40-90 seasons have proven, and his crazy good shooting would make him great in any offense, especially the triangle.

Nash hates the Lakers

junion
07-02-2010, 03:35 AM

they DESERVE respect, i think.

if they don't deserve a ring, they deserve respect. they were loyal to their teams - i think that counts for a lot. i also don't believe that a ring is the end-all be-all with basketball. rings are probably the most important part, but it's not the only important part. there IS honor in dying with your family rather than ditching them for your own success.

kblo247
07-02-2010, 03:35 AM
I don't know....Steve Nash on the floor with Kobe, and Gasol....together the three of them could probably make some **** happen.

I've seen **** blow up and got over that name PG who is using to playing with the ball in his hands and his way after the Payton experiment in the triangle. Tie that in with the fact Gary was better defensively and I'm not going to believe that Nash, CP3, or any star PG aside from Billups or Deron possily would simply fit the offense and what Phil/Kobe need them to do.

Watching Gary just turned me off all star PGs in this system, and watching all those other names I've seen try to be the PG since 96 just reaffirms that who has the most flair, talent, and skill doesn't always matter in the grand scheme of things.

I mean how can I honestly argue or even logically say this guy because he is better can do better than 5 titles, 7 finals, and reward Phil/Kobe's complete trust in him over and over again when it matters? I just can't do it to Fish because I appreciate what he has done, when I've seen others try and fail. It just doesn't make sense to do so, which is why I got on a ton of Laker fans *** all season long when they called for Fish's head and then kissed his *** in the playoffs with "Fish we never doubted you", "he can still start on my team anytime", and "re-sign him now" posts. I'm not disloyal and I'm not undervaluing what he does for LA and how he is simply a piece that fits perfectly in the puzzle.

king4day
07-02-2010, 03:39 AM
He knewgoing into this contract he wouldn't have much of a shot at a ring. Why should we trade him?

gcoll
07-02-2010, 03:45 AM
I've seen **** blow up and got over that name PG who is using to playing with the ball in his hands and his way after the Payton experiment in the triangle. Tie that in with the fact Gary was better defensively and I'm not going to believe that Nash, CP3, or any star PG aside from Billups or Deron possily would simply fit the offense and what Phil/Kobe need them to do.
You should adapt your style to your roster. Not try and force your roster into a style if it doesn't work.

With Nash on the court, don't play the triangle.

The reason Fisher fits well in that system, is due to his mediocrity as a player. He doesn't demand much of the ball, because he just simply isn't that good.

KB24PG16
07-02-2010, 03:45 AM
this thread has been a good read. i like the back and forth between te one fisher supporter vs all. its quite amusing

Duncan = Donkey
07-02-2010, 03:46 AM

White Fisher?? lol. Fisher is the biggest scrub in the league. Most overrated player ever. He is a scrub who gets to play on loaded teams.

_KB24_
07-02-2010, 03:48 AM
White Fisher?? lol. Fisher is the biggest scrub in the league. Most overrated player ever. He is a scrub who gets to play on loaded teams.

:laugh:

So what does that make Nash? A choke who gets to play on loaded teams? :rolleyes:

PraiseJesus
07-02-2010, 03:48 AM

U sir, deserve a facepalm

Duncan = Donkey
07-02-2010, 03:49 AM
OP is an idiot. What Sun's fan would want to trade their best player. Nash is staying in Phoenix unless he wants out.

And some of these laker fan's deluded, you'd rather have Fisher over Nash,lol.

Shady66

So what does that make Nash? A choke who gets to play on loaded teams? :rolleyes:

Oh no u didnt

kblo247
You should adapt your style to your roster. Not try and force your roster into a style if it doesn't work.

With Nash on the court, don't play the triangle.

Triangle Offense
13 Finals in 19 seasons
11 titles

You do not ditch it for one player, especially when you don't even ditch it for top 10 players of all time like Kobe, Shaq, and Jordan. That just isn't logical especially when Nash's style has never won in the league.

He just doesn't fit. Maybe if Kobe was younger like in his 20s and had no success before or if Phil wasn't the coach you think about it, but since the reality is Kobe has played most of his career in it and won and Phil has proven that it works you just don't do it at this point and time.

Duncan = Donkey
07-02-2010, 03:51 AM

A 2 time MVP who hasnt one a championship.

PHX have never had a loaded team, we have alway had players playing out of postion

Duncan = Donkey
07-02-2010, 03:52 AM
U sir, deserve a facepalm

A facepalm.......how original.

Duncan = Donkey
07-02-2010, 03:52 AM
How doesnt Nash fit?

Mochalman
07-02-2010, 03:54 AM
How doesnt Nash fit?

because hes never won a championship riding behind kobe... duh!

kblo247
07-02-2010, 03:54 AM
A 2 time MVP who hasnt one a championship.

PHX have never had a loaded team, we have alway had players playing out of postion

Joe
Q
Amare
Marion
Thomas
Thomas
Bell
House
Shaq
Hill
Diaw
Barbosa
Richardson

He has played with talent, and that talent plays out of position to fit his style of play and make him most effective (see: Porter and running a more half court style).

The fact that style hasn't won and he hasn't won with talent playing to suit his needs once again is on him.

NYKalltheway
07-02-2010, 03:58 AM
Nash should go to the Raptors... "Canadian back home"

king4day
Any laker fan would die to have nash in place of fisher. Fisher plays better defense but nashs offense far out weighs that. With 4 defensive minded starters the lakers can afford a nash.

Duncan = Donkey
Name a team that is loaded. It will have players playing out of postion.
There were the teams that Had Amare at C and Marion at PF. Way too undersized to do anything.
The Year Amare was out which had Diaw at C and Amare at PF. again way too undersized.
At recently the team that Past his prime Shaq at C and Amare at PF and Porter made Shaq the number 1 option and we ran a half court offense.

Which of teams are you saying we shouldve won the title with??

gcoll
07-02-2010, 03:59 AM

That makes Nash a guy who took a 29 win team, and won 62 games with them.

kblo247
07-02-2010, 03:59 AM
How doesnt Nash fit?

He likes to play with the ball in his hands too much, which is bad in a system that is predicated on ball and player movement as well as feeding and cutting off the post.
He likes to push the pace too much and Phil/Kobe teams generally don't run that much at all.
He also can't be expected to guard Deron and Parker one on one which is who LA tends to draw a hell of a lot in the postseason and Fish normally bodies up, and unlike Fish he can't simply switch on to a SG and run through picks or battle in the post when the PG is just too quick.

Square peg, Round hole

kblo247
07-02-2010, 04:01 AM
That makes Nash a guy who took a 29 win team, and won 62 games with them.

So they didn't tank that year because Amare was hurt and they decided to clear Marbury and Penny from their cap?

Mochalman
07-02-2010, 04:04 AM
nash has the ball in his hands because in phoenix who else will run the offense?

Duncan = Donkey
07-02-2010, 04:04 AM
He likes to play with the ball in his hands too much, which is bad in a system that is predicated on ball and player movement as well as feeding and cutting off the post.
He likes to push the pace too much and Phil/Kobe teams generally don't run that much at all.
He also can't be expected to guard Deron and Parker one on one which is who LA tends to draw a hell of a lot in the postseason and Fish normally bodies up, and unlike Fish he can't simply switch on to a SG and run through picks or battle in the post when the PG is just too quick.

Square peg, Round hole

So your saying you would rather have derick fisher play for the lakers more than steve nash

smith&wesson
07-02-2010, 04:05 AM
theres alot of asumptions there ... who knows if bosh and james sign in chicago let alone nash. pls homie. thats like an all star team. it aint gonna happen. 200 some odd posts and this is the best thread you can come up with ? you must be from chi town.

gcoll
07-02-2010, 04:06 AM
So they didn't tank that year because Amare was hurt and they decided to clear Marbury and Penny from their cap?
Don't remember. Blocked it from my memory.

We can do the following year.

That makes Nash the guy who can lose an all star power forward, and still make a return trip to the Western Conference finals. People were picking us to be a .500 team without Amare.

But what Nash really is. Is a point guard that is so good, that he can make teams play well, even when an owner cuts costs at every turn.

kblo247
07-02-2010, 04:06 AM
Any laker fan would die to have nash in place of fisher. Fisher plays better defense but nashs offense far out weighs that. With 4 defensive minded starters the lakers can afford a nash.

Not anyone who knows you win because of chemistry and fit, not just because of talent on paper alone.

Nash doesn't fit this kind of LA team.

Now if Scott was coaching LA (thank god he isn't) it would make for a better argument on your part.

kblo247
07-02-2010, 04:08 AM
So your saying you would rather have derick fisher play for the lakers more than steve nash

For this Phil Jackson and Kobe team, yes.

For a non-Phil team and a younger Kobe, no

If I had to only have 1 right now, it would be Derek. You cannot possibly argue that he doesn't fit and is the safer bet to win it all, can you?

Duncan = Donkey
07-02-2010, 04:09 AM
Also i dont get why people mention Fisher's defense over Nash's.

Whenever i watched the Lakers this post season, who ever Fisher was guarding seemed to light him up. Crap defender, crap on offense, dribbles like a PF and gives you laugh when he attcks the rim and chucks the ball at the backboard. And hits the occansional jumper or 3 ball.

he was so bad, i remember a ton of laker fans wanting to start someone else and to bench fisher.

Mochalman
07-02-2010, 04:10 AM

Whenever i watched the Lakers this post season, who ever Fisher was guarding seemed to light him up. Crap defender, crap on offense, dribbles like a PF and gives you laugh when he attcks the rim and chucks the ball at the backboard. And hits the occansional jumper or 3 ball.

he was so bad, i remember a ton of laker fans wanting to start someone else and to bench fisher.

did you just describe derrick rose?

Duncan = Donkey
07-02-2010, 04:11 AM
For this Phil Jackson and Kobe team, yes.

For a non-Phil team and a younger Kobe, no

If I had to only have 1 right now, it would be Derek. You cannot possibly argue that he doesn't fit and is the safer bet to win it all, can you?

well your probaly right, im not going to argue with someone who watches alot more lakers games than myself.

for the record id still take nash

KB24PG16
07-02-2010, 04:12 AM
wow this arguement is still going on :speechless:

kblo247
07-02-2010, 04:13 AM
nash has the ball in his hands because in phoenix who else will run the offense?

He struggled sharing running the offense through just Shaq and no one else as the other guys he plays/played with in Phoenix are all finishers and not creators.

How do you think he would do with Kobe, Pau, Lamar, Bynum, and even Luke when healthy once every blue moon used to all having the ball in their hands and making plays?

Hell you'd minimize Nash by simply telling him bring the ball up the floor or making an entry pass and saying get out of the way since he likes to push it in the open floor and run that damn wheel route to death. That alone makes me think you guys aren't thinking out what you are saying.

Shady66
07-02-2010, 04:15 AM
He struggled sharing running the offense through just Shaq and no one else as the other guys he plays/played with in Phoenix are all finishers and not creators.

How do you think he would do with Kobe, Pau, Lamar, Bynum, and even Luke when healthy once every blue moon used to all having the ball in their hands and making plays?

Hell you'd minimize Nash by simply telling him bring the ball up the floor or making an entry pass and saying get out of the way since he likes to push it in the open floor and run that damn wheel route to death. That alone makes me think you guys aren't thinking out what you are saying.

That was under Porter. When Gentry was put in charge he averages a few more assists, without amare.

kblo247
07-02-2010, 04:17 AM

He did better against Deron than Billups did.
He did better against Nash than the Spurs did.
He did a good job on Ray Allen.

Westbrook gave him hell and killed him though when he rebounded and pushed the ball, which was expected by me at least since he is similar to Francis and Fish never did well against him particularly after that foot injury in 01 because of the athleticism differential.

gcoll
07-02-2010, 04:18 AM

Right. Which is why if you got Steve Nash....you don't ****ing play the triangle.

Your argument is very static. Christ. Fire Phil. Let Phil go try and work his triangle magic in Minnesota. I'm sure he'll turn them into title contenders immediately.

Steve Nash
Kobe Bryant
Ron Artest
Pau Gasol
Andrew Bynum

That team could make the finals easy.

Even in the triangle. What can Fisher do that Nash can't? Fisher's amazing defense? Fisher's shooting ability? His passing ability? Just because the triangle doesn't best demonstrate Steve Nash's abilities, doesn't mean he couldn't replace Fisher in it.

kblo247
07-02-2010, 04:18 AM
That was under Porter. When Gentry was put in charge he averages a few more assists, without amare.

Fair point.

I would have loved to have Nash years ago when LA had Van Exel, but I just don't think the pieces would fit as it stands now since guys are more set in their ways when they are older.

Nirvanaskurdt
07-02-2010, 04:19 AM
Nash would just adjust to the triangle.. :shrug: have you seen this guy pass and shoot? :speechless:

Anyway Nash should retire a Sun.. he still has maybe 3 more seasons in him.. you never know he might win a ring with the right moves in PHX :D

kblo247
07-02-2010, 04:21 AM
Right. Which is why if you got Steve Nash....you don't ****ing play the triangle.

Your argument is very static. Christ. Fire Phil. Let Phil go try and work his triangle magic in Minnesota. I'm sure he'll turn them into title contenders immediately.

Steve Nash
Kobe Bryant
Ron Artest
Pau Gasol
Andrew Bynum

That team could make the finals easy.

**** winning is what you are saying!

11 titles
13 finals
Never missed the playoffs

You don't **** with what is a proven winner for anyone, let alone someone who hasn't won playing their style. That just isn't logical at this juncture, and no one would say it is if they have common sense.

Nirvanaskurdt
07-02-2010, 04:23 AM

11 titles
13 finals

You don't **** with what is a proven winner for anyone, let alone someone who hasn't won playing their style. That just isn't logical at this juncture, and no one would say it is if they have common sense.

So if you put Nash at pg on the Lakers and take away fisher and phil and put gentry at coach.. they wouldnt be contending for a title sir? :eyebrow:

gcoll
07-02-2010, 04:24 AM

11 titles
13 finals

How many of those teams had Michael Jordan on them?

How many of them had Shaq and/or Kobe on them?

Also, since I edited my last post...I added this:

Even in the triangle. What can Fisher do that Nash can't? Fisher's amazing defense? Fisher's shooting ability? His passing ability? Just because the triangle doesn't best demonstrate Steve Nash's abilities, doesn't mean he couldn't replace Fisher in it.

Nirvanaskurdt
07-02-2010, 04:25 AM
How many of those teams had Michael Jordan on them?

How many of them had Shaq and/or Kobe on them?

Also, since I edited my last post...I added this:

:clap:

Nirvanaskurdt
07-02-2010, 04:26 AM
Nash will never be a Laker though lol :D

Nirvanaskurdt
07-02-2010, 04:29 AM
I never seen the OP in the Suns forum before? :confused:

gcoll
07-02-2010, 04:32 AM
Nash will never be a Laker though lol :D
Right.

But I mean. I know Phil Jackson has been successful...but how many other teams have copied his style? If it's such an amazing style, why aren't more teams playing it?

Wizard of O's
07-02-2010, 04:36 AM
Nash to San Antonio, think about it!

Mochalman
07-02-2010, 04:37 AM
Right.

But I mean. I know Phil Jackson has been successful...but how many other teams have copied his style? If it's such an amazing style, why aren't more teams playing it?

because no one can copy the "zenmaster" by that i mean the "do nothing" style of coaching.

gcoll
07-02-2010, 04:41 AM
because no one can copy the "zenmaster" by that i mean the "do nothing" style of coaching.

Right. Either Phil Jackson is the only man smart enough to know how a triangle offense works. Or every other single person involved in the NBA really doesn't buy that it's that great of a system.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-02-2010, 04:45 AM
this thread has been a good read. i like the back and forth between te one fisher supporter vs all. its quite amusing

Fisher > Nash

OregonLakerFan
07-02-2010, 04:50 AM
Wow gotta love fish but if was just a skill thing I would love to see Nash wearing purple & gold. I really don't ever want that to many nightmares of playoff past and MVP award I though Kobe shoulda gotten anyway the reason I think Nash will prob end his career without a ring is not because he has not had talent ( they had Joe Johnson comming of their bench) but because he plays them game to have fun the whole WCF I had to listen to suns fans talk about there team chemistry and how they really enjoyed playing together the lakers did their job and won. When it all comes down to it this is a job and they are getting paid to win

not totally sure when it was but I saw an interview with Nash and they asked if he never one a title how would that effect him I can't remember his answer but it was along the lines of makeing sure his priority was haveing fun

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-02-2010, 04:56 AM

*11 titles
*13 finals

Dude, you put the asterisks in the wrong places.

Dont worry...I fixed it for you...I got your back.

And I agree... Fisher + Donahue + Stern >>> Nash.

Triangle offense is the best.

gcoll
07-02-2010, 04:57 AM
they had Joe Johnson comming of their bench
Joe Johnson started.

dtmagnet
07-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Bring Captain Canada to the Raptors!

Russell_Roberts
07-02-2010, 10:08 AM
nash does not need to be traded. he should have kept his *** in dallas but naw he want money so he deserves to stay in PHX!

BOSTON617
07-02-2010, 10:16 AM
boston will take him nash and j-rich for rondo

younggunn113
07-02-2010, 10:34 AM

Other coaches have had talented teams and have had every opportunity to win with them. Jackson is a great coach. Name me a coach who has won with not that great of a team? He does more than you think. If he's not that great of a coach and does nothing why did he earn 12 million last year and why are all of his players dying to get him back. Why did Shaq and Kobe want to play for him? He knows wtf he's doing.

Right. Either Phil Jackson is the only man smart enough to know how a triangle offense works. Or every other single person involved in the NBA really doesn't buy that it's that great of a system.

First of all, Phil actually is one of the very few people how the triangle actually works. Tex Winter, the guy who created it has been by Jackson's side for the better part of his career. The only people who have really ran it are the Laker assistants and former players. You need smart players, good passing big men, a dominant wing scorer, and guards who can shoot the 3. That's not an easy combination to find. If you look at Jordan's bulls teams and compare them to this Laker team, they're build pretty similarly. Lebron's already come out and said he'd love to play in the triangle as well. I mean Jackson has 11 rings and 13 finals appearances for a reason, he's doing something right.

97NYer
07-02-2010, 10:41 AM
boston will take him nash and j-rich for rondo

Lol

Hellcrooner
07-02-2010, 10:50 AM
he was a Fa last season and he could have either signed an MLE contract with the Lakers who needed a Pg baltantly or signed with say Orlando or cleveland where he could have started for the same Mle.

he could have lso signed for the Knicks and wait a year for the help to come.

H e rsigned with Suns knowing stoud would walk after a year .

So no, he does not deserve Jack.

Sadds The Gr8
07-02-2010, 10:51 AM
:facepalm: at the OP's Chicago dream team

PatsSoxKnicks
07-02-2010, 10:53 AM

Robert Horry > Kobe Bryant. Why? Using your reasoning, 7>5.

PatsSoxKnicks
07-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Fisher > Nash

You're on crack. But since titles mean everything, Horry > Kobe.

effen5
07-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Bring Captain Canada to the Raptors!

lmfao I LOVE YOUR SIG

Silent
07-02-2010, 11:20 AM

I rather have the MVP:rolleyes:

awmathewsjr
07-02-2010, 11:26 AM

Bosh
Noah
James
Rose
Nash

How could it be a sign and trade if Nash isn't a free agent:facepalm:

OregonLakerFan
07-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Joe Johnson started.

Sorry I remebered wrong it has been awhile

xbrackattackx
07-02-2010, 12:07 PM
he doesn't deserve a damn thing.

He made the choice to stay there and not compete for titles. No one held a gun to his head, and he knew damn well that sarver isn't about winning as much as he is about money.

So not i don't agree as know player is deserving of ****. Ewing wasn't deserving of a ring, neither was chuck, or stockton because they didn't go out there and earn it.

Nash hasn't earned the right to play for a title and that is on him just as much as it is on phoenix brass.

u mad?

ItsTheLastAce
07-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Nash is a great player and I would love to have him but I get what Kblo247 is saying. Fish brings things that Nash, even as great as he is, cant bring. Mainly intangibles, I'm not sure there's a player Kobe respects more than Fish. They have great chemistry together, playing most of their careers together. Fish also has loads of experience running the triangle. Nash is clutch, but Fish is BIG GAME CLUTCH he does make mistakes but when we're down and we need a big shot in a big game, Fish comes through.

Nash is a great player, Fisher is a proven player for us. Its not that big of a stretch for a laker fan to say they'd rather have Fish, because hey it works right?

RaiderLakersA's
07-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Threads like these disgust me. Trade a favorite player to a contender because he "deserves" a ring. Please! Thank the skies there isn't nearly as much quit in Steve Nash as there is in some of his fans.

Nash signed his extension believing that the Suns could get to the promised land. They came pretty damn close by making it to the Western Conference Finals last season. It's no one's fault that they ran into a better team. It's happened before to other great players, and it will happen again. Get used to it.

Furthermore, I don't know why any fan of ANY team would give up hope just 48 hours into the FA signing period. The Suns may lose Stoudemire, but it doesn't mean that it's the end of the world. The Suns can still find a replacement for Stoud. (And yes, of all of the top FA's in the market, I think Amar'e is the most interchangeable.) Who knows, the Suns may add a player that gives them better defense, rebounds, and bolsters the team in ways that Stoud couldn't.

I'm pretty sure that Nash won't shy away from his duty to get whatever team they assemble on the same page and competing for a championship. That's his job; that's the business he's in. If you're going to be a fan of his, then support him in that. Stop whining about pie in the sky scenarios that may never happen.

(And this is coming from a Raiders fan who has supported several great players in losing causes. You get no sympathy from me!)

LTBaByyy
07-02-2010, 12:43 PM

are you even comparing that bum to a 2 time MVP??

MacFitz92
07-02-2010, 01:29 PM

Karl Malone and John Stockton are one of the greast PG-Big Man combinations of all time. The only reason they never won a ring is because this guy named Michael Jordan played during their time. Don't know if you ever heard of him, but he was pretty good ;)

MacFitz92
07-02-2010, 01:31 PM
are you even comparing that bum to a 2 time MVP??

Nash was better, and it's not close, but he is right. Fisher did clutch it in huge games.

NYK|NYY
07-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Nash was better, and it's not close, but he is right. Fisher did clutch it in huge games.

Is it that big of a leap to think that Nash couldn't hit those same wide open threes?

97NYer
07-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Chandler/Curry/Lee (S&T) for Nash/STAT

theimortalone
07-02-2010, 01:49 PM

Bosh
Noah
James
Rose
Nash

No he doesn't deserve to be traded. He will be just fine without Amare. You obviously have no faith in this Phoenix Suns team. Steve Nash took a Stoudemire-less Suns team to the WCF in 2006 when Amar'e went down with his micro fracture injury. So don't tell me he deserves to be traded. Nash can still lead this Suns team back to the playoffs. Channing Frye could easily play better as a start as long as he works with Nash all summer long, the Suns should be just fine.

Sly Guy
07-02-2010, 03:42 PM
I'd like to see nash win a title, but it should have been years ago, not the veteran 'chasing the dream' trade it would be now.

indy787
07-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Threads like these disgust me. Trade a favorite player to a contender because he "deserves" a ring. Please! Thank the skies there isn't nearly as much quit in Steve Nash as there is in some of his fans.

Nash signed his extension believing that the Suns could get to the promised land. They came pretty damn close by making it to the Western Conference Finals last season. It's no one's fault that they ran into a better team. It's happened before to other great players, and it will happen again. Get used to it.

Furthermore, I don't know why any fan of ANY team would give up hope just 48 hours into the FA signing period. The Suns may lose Stoudemire, but it doesn't mean that it's the end of the world. The Suns can still find a replacement for Stoud. (And yes, of all of the top FA's in the market, I think Amar'e is the most interchangeable.) Who knows, the Suns may add a player that gives them better defense, rebounds, and bolsters the team in ways that Stoud couldn't.

I'm pretty sure that Nash won't shy away from his duty to get whatever team they assemble on the same page and competing for a championship. That's his job; that's the business he's in. If you're going to be a fan of his, then support him in that. Stop whining about pie in the sky scenarios that may never happen.

(And this is coming from a Raiders fan who has supported several great players in losing causes. You get no sympathy from me!)

IMO, this is a pretty lame opinion. Nash signed with us out of loyalty, respect, and faith in management to put a competitive team around him. We have decided this offseason that we are not willing to spend money to put players around Nash. Fine let Amare go, but DO NOT expect his replacement to be Hakim Warrick and Channing Frye. Management should have seen this Amare situation coming and should have been on the phone doing whatever it takes to unload contracts and try to sign a David Lee type player or a Mike Miller. I'm not asking for superstars, I just want a team that is a little better than one that just went to the WCF! Get a rebounder, a shot blocker, and we become relevant again.

Nash is not like Karl Malone or Gary Payton who signed with the Lakers in the last season of their careers. He is still able to contribute if not be the leader on any team in the NBA. For everything he has done for this franchise by keeping uss on the map for the entire decade, we owe this to him. It's out of respect if anything. If we have made a decision to rebuild and stop spending money, why should Nash suffer as a result? I want to see this player that I love spend the last 3 seasons of his career competing for a ring, not running pick and rolls with Hakim Warrick.

Vikingfan84
07-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Nash should get traded to the Lakers. The white version of Derrick Fisher.Please... Fisher isn't even on Nash's level.

I think the Knicks should bring in Nash. Trade the Suns Wilson Chandler and Douglas for Nash, or whatever it takes to get him.

AI4MVP
07-02-2010, 09:02 PM

this is the dumbest thing ive ever seen in my life. do u watch sports? GTFO.

and btw, The Suns will be just as good next year. Steve Nash is gunna make Hakim Warrick and beast and Nash is going to carry this team and create offense for whoever is on the court even if amare isnt here. The year that Amare was out, we did just as well. Now Amare is out, but this suns team has better chemistry and depth then any suns team in the nash era

TheGunnar7
07-02-2010, 09:10 PM

you're forgetting that if the lakers didn't get all the calls at home, Nash would have been in the finals this season. I agree with your views on fisher, but if the lakers had Nash there would be no need for a role player to be clutch, the lakers games would be over by halftime.

dodie53
07-02-2010, 09:23 PM
suns will be 05-06 again.
i hope
:)

Verbal Christ
07-02-2010, 09:31 PM
package nash with amar'e to the rockets for brooks/scola/battier/filler/1st round pick(knicks)

AI4MVP
07-02-2010, 09:46 PM
package nash with amar'e to the rockets for brooks/scola/battier/filler/1st round pick(knicks)

thats a great offer.

SugeKnight
07-02-2010, 10:53 PM

Second all-time face palm now in effect :facepalm:

Nash won back to back mvps and plays hard every time. thats why he deserves a ring.

P.S. What does your name mean? I can see you are a Laker fan, so I am assuming the K stands for kobe. So if we add the rest of your name I gues that means that you blow kobe 24/7

SugeKnight
07-02-2010, 11:04 PM

this is why i hate laker fans