PDA

View Full Version : Brian Colangelo & Raptors After Amare Stoudemire?

Mile High Champ
07-01-2010, 11:20 PM
In free agency there are some thing you hear and say "why not?" there are thing you hear and say "are you serious?"

The Toronto Raptors are trying to get a meeting with Suns' free agent Amar'e Stoudemire in between meetings with the Knicks and the Bulls next week.

While on the surface, Raptors' GM Bryan Colangelo did draft Stoudemire and did give him the contract he just opted out of, but do the Raptors really think they have a chance?

I guess history has proven you never say never, especially not in the NBA, but that one sounds like a reach.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16647#ixzz0sUWQIoqa

Thoughts? A good fit? Granted the defense between Amare and Bargnani would be below par, Amare's inside game would really compliment the game of Bargnani's outside shooting.

Jays Claw
07-01-2010, 11:39 PM
This would mean the Raptors are trying not to rebuild. I'm not sure if I want Amare Stoudemire blocking the development of Amir Johnson, Ed Davis and Solomon Alabi.

Kakaroach
07-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Yeah wouldn't be too smart, especially since they gave that deal to Amir Johnson and Ed Davis looks like a good prospect. Highly doubt he would sign there anyway.

Sadds The Gr8
07-01-2010, 11:48 PM
if amare came here i'd drink my piss and eat my ****. thats how certain I am that Amare would never come to Toronto

topdog
07-02-2010, 12:01 AM
Personnel-wise: it could work. Amare-wise: I don't think he'd much enjoy Canada.

Calderon could be his Nash, Hedo his Marion and other guys can be other things, but can Amir play C?

Dol-Fan
07-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Personnel-wise: it could work. Amare-wise: I don't think he'd much enjoy Canada.

Calderon could be his Nash, Hedo his Marion and other guys can be other things, but can Amir play C?

no one on the Raps roster can play C, but I'd guess Amare and Bargs would take turns making pathetic attempts at doing so.

Jays Claw
07-02-2010, 12:07 AM
Jose Calderon could be his Steve Nash.

I ask of you to never put Jose Calderon and Steve Nash in the same sentence ever again.

Hedo Turkoglu could be his Shawn Marion.

:laugh2:

Hedo Turkoglu can't be compared to Shawn Marion. Both are two completely different players.

Can Amir Johnson play center?

He could. However, they have Andrea Bargnani as their starting center.

Ragun
07-02-2010, 12:31 AM
i dont see this happening.

topdog
07-02-2010, 12:46 AM
I ask of you to never put Jose Calderon and Steve Nash in the same sentence ever again.

:laugh2:

Hedo Turkoglu can't be compared to Shawn Marion. Both are two completely different players.

He could. However, they have Andrea Bargnani as their starting center.

I didn't say they'd be successful :o it would just be the Canadian version - which like everything else is slower, boring-er and far less successful... and comes with free healthcare. (Don't hate be Canadians - I'm just razzing ya)

E-Man117
07-02-2010, 12:50 AM
negative on amare, save your money raps, apply it to an area of more need, say d-wade :D a man can dream...... but seriously save the cap space to absorb other contracts in possible trade scenarios.

bostongrant
07-02-2010, 01:07 AM
Sorry dont see this happening. While Toronto has the money, I doubt Amare would want to go to Toronto. Dont get me wrong toronto is a very nice city with even nicer people. But, the raptors are a joke. They draft well, because they always finish so low, but after the rookie contracts run up their players bolt i.e vince, mcgrady, bosh. Toronto needs to land three nice draft picks have them develop and sign decent free agents to fill out the roster. Its a shame because it seems like while the Maple Leafs strive, the Blue Jays and Raptors cant do anything. The last couple of years I thought the Raptors were going to be good, but they always under perfom.

plpfctn
07-02-2010, 01:10 AM
Stoudamire will go anywhere that shows him the money. that's all he cares about. he'd play for the Tijuana Donkeys in the Mexico League if they gave him the money he wants.

DaoudS
07-02-2010, 01:10 AM
Sorry dont see this happening. While Toronto has the money, I doubt Amare would want to go to Toronto. Dont get me wrong toronto is a very nice city with even nicer people. But, the raptors are a joke. They draft well, because they always finish so low, but after the rookie contracts run up their players bolt i.e vince, mcgrady, bosh. Toronto needs to land three nice draft picks have them develop and sign decent free agents to fill out the roster. Its a shame because it seems like while the Maple Leafs strive, the Blue Jays and Raptors cant do anything. The last couple of years I thought the Raptors were going to be good, but they always under perfom.

Wrong. Vince Carter reupped with the Raptors for a huge contract and Bosh re-upped for 3 years after his rookie contract as well. T-mac was the only one who bolted because he wanted to be the man.

iam brett favre
07-02-2010, 01:11 AM
wait, didnt he just sign with the knicks?

DaoudS
07-02-2010, 01:12 AM
wait, didnt he just sign with the knicks?

fake account. A mod needs to lock that thread.

Dol-Fan
07-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Wrong. Vince Carter reupped with the Raptors for a huge contract and Bosh re-upped for 3 years after his rookie contract as well. T-mac was the only one who bolted because he wanted to be the man.

Seems to be the most common mistake out there. don't you just love it? Any way that people can say that players hate playing in Canada...jeez it takes simple math to realize that rookie contracts aren't 7 years long.

DaoudS
07-02-2010, 01:39 AM
Seems to be the most common mistake out there. don't you just love it? Any way that people can say that players hate playing in Canada...jeez it takes simple math to realize that rookie contracts aren't 7 years long.

That and that ****ing tax thing. There are 5 or 6 other states that have HIGHER taxes than Ontario, not to mention the CBA compensates players.

SA5195
07-02-2010, 01:48 AM
It could work offensively. Hedo ran alot of Pick and Rolls with Dwight, and Amer'e gets most of his points off Pick and Rolls.

But defensively... :puke: