PDA

View Full Version : Lebron Could Earn 2 Billion In New York

Pages : [1] 2

C_A_S_H
07-01-2010, 08:12 PM
During their meeting with LeBron James, the Knicks showed the free agent how much more money he could possibly earn while playing in New York.

Interbrand says it ran through 50,000 computer models of a potential LeBron career, using more than 200 variables like individual performance, fan demographics and championships. The report is light on the details of its methodology, but comes to this conclusion: LeBron has a 50% chance of earning at least $1 billion in New York. In Cleveland and Chicago the odds fall to 1%. The study put a 0% chance of LeBron making $1 billion playing for Miami.

An NBA title in New York could be worth $240 million to LeBron, according to Interbrand, about $60 million more than if he brought a ring home to Cleveland, and more than double the value of a Chicago championship.

LeBron could potentially earn as much as $2 billion while playing in New York.

The estimate dwarfed the $700 million he’d likely earn in Cleveland, the $690 million in Chicago, and $600 million in Miami.

http://blogs.forbes.com/sportsmoney/2010/07/lebron-james-what-the-knicks-told-lebron-new-york-and-make-billion-dollars/

Raidaz4Life
07-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Wait what?

lakers4sho
07-01-2010, 08:24 PM
money money money money

Geargo Wallace
07-01-2010, 08:25 PM
... and that extra billion will buy you what?

plpfctn
07-01-2010, 08:26 PM
he could if he wins a few championships. they say winning one title in NYC is like winning 3 titles in any other city.

IU Hoosiers 3
07-01-2010, 08:27 PM

who knows haha..a lot more than 1 billion, that's for sure.

Ill21
07-01-2010, 08:27 PM
And that is why he will come to NY.

Reyes6
07-01-2010, 08:28 PM
During their meeting with LeBron James, the Knicks showed the free agent how much more money he could possibly earn while playing in New York.

Interbrand says it ran through 50,000 computer models of a potential LeBron career, using more than 200 variables like individual performance, fan demographics and championships. The report is light on the details of its methodology, but comes to this conclusion: LeBron has a 50% chance of earning at least $1 billion in New York. In Cleveland and Chicago the odds fall to 1%. The study put a 0% chance of LeBron making $1 billion playing for Miami.

An NBA title in New York could be worth $240 million to LeBron, according to Interbrand, about $60 million more than if he brought a ring home to Cleveland, and more than double the value of a Chicago championship.

The estimate dwarfed the $700 million hed likely earn in Cleveland, the $690 million in Chicago, and $600 million in Miami.

http://blogs.forbes.com/sportsmoney/2010/07/lebron-james-what-the-knicks-told-lebron-new-york-and-make-billion-dollars/

http://basketball.******.com/src_wiretap_archives/67707/20100701/knicks_showed_lebron_math_of_how_hed_earn_more_mon ey_in_new_york/#

Championships? It's the Knicks. They have 4 players.

majmarcus
07-01-2010, 08:30 PM

:clap::clap::clap:

thats my point!!!!

infernoscurse
07-01-2010, 08:31 PM
yeah thats the same as i went from winning 3k in PR to now making 7k in NY

because its NY, concrete jungle where dreams are made of, theres nothing you cant do

D-Will4Prez
07-01-2010, 08:31 PM
LOL @ knicks winning a championship :laugh:

minervamob
07-01-2010, 08:32 PM
So wait that means Jeter must have a net worth of 10 billion right??? Gimme a fkn break!

tangent12
07-01-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm sure LeBron sees thru all the sugar coating BS. He knows he won't win a title in New York with the team they have so the percentage goes down significantly considering that. Like numerous articles have mentioned, it's a looong shot he'll land in New York. The Nets have a better chance if it comes down to a money based decision. The Knicks are pretty much out of the race.

It'll come down to Cleveland & Chicago.

Ray_R
07-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Knicks Championships. 0% chance of happening

VinceCarter
07-01-2010, 08:36 PM

He said he wants to own a basketball team when it's all said and done. And that much money allows him to run it with piece of mind.....

Come to the Nets and make even more with Jay!!!! ;) :pray:

BTW this article says New York that means the Knicks AND Nets.

Reyes6
07-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Aren't the Nets moving to NY, giving them that same value AND they have Lopez-Harris-Jay-Z.

PurpleJesus
07-01-2010, 08:38 PM
sounds like the knicks just increased the chances of NJ signing him

97NYer
07-01-2010, 08:39 PM
You really think a team with LeBron and Bosh wouldn't win multiple titles? Not to mention GALLO.

VinceCarter
07-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Aren't the Nets moving to NY, giving them that same value AND they have Lopez-Harris-Jay-Z.

:clap:

sounds like the knicks just increased the chances of NJ signing him

:laugh2: Exactly.

BALLER R
07-01-2010, 08:40 PM
So wait that means Jeter must have a net worth of 10 billion right??? Gimme a fkn break!

LOL that im saying

Kashmir13579
07-01-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm sure LeBron sees thru all the sugar coating BS. He knows he won't win a title in New York with the team they have so the percentage goes down significantly considering that. Like numerous articles have mentioned, it's a looong shot he'll land in New York. The Nets have a better chance if it comes down to a money based decision. The Knicks are pretty much out of the race.

he won't win one in chicago

BALLER R
07-01-2010, 08:42 PM
You really think a team with LeBron and Bosh wouldn't win multiple titles? Not to mention GALLO.

who else is on the team, just cause its lebron and bosh doesnt mean a thing unless they have players around them

PraiseJesus
07-01-2010, 08:44 PM
lmao.

The Knicks are turning into used car salesmen.

As much as I dislike the Russian Nets owner, I think his proposal of making $1 billion by expanding worldwide into china etc is more realistic.

Ray_R
07-01-2010, 08:45 PM

Maybe but what is to say Bosh is going.

Evolution23
07-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Looks like its a done deal, i've been saying this for 2 years now but people get angry when i tell them the truth

Evolution23
07-01-2010, 08:46 PM

Brooklyn is not Manhattan.. its not even close

Michael1320
07-01-2010, 08:46 PM

Two chicks at the same time...ha..;)

The ChILL
07-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Did the report really claim that he would earn more in Cleveland than Chicago? I hope his agent saw through that. Nice try NY but you can't downplay Chicago like that. We have a much better shot than you guys.

PraiseJesus
Looks like its a done deal, i've been saying this for 2 years now but people get angry when i tell them the truth

lol

So the Knicks made up a cute computer program now LeBron is going to NY?

hahhaha

I dont think so. I still think NY has a god awful team they don't look very good at all.

BALLER R
so lebrons decision are as followed:

WINNING OR MONEY

1.CHICAGO NEW JERSEY
2.MIAMI NEW YORK
3.CLEVELAND CLEVELAND

So if he wants to win he should go to chicago, but if he wants to become a billionaire go to the nets instead of the knicks because the nets atleast have a few good players on that team

Evolution23
07-01-2010, 08:48 PM
lmao.

The Knicks are turning into used car salesmen.

As much as I dislike the Russian Nets owner, I think his proposal of making $1 billion by expanding worldwide into china etc is more realistic.

u better pray to jesus the Knicks dont get Lebron cause thats what its looking like haha

Reyes6
Why are Knicks fans praising GALLO as if he is a superstar in the making? He's a spot shooter with the ability to drive when the Knicks are down 20. His defense is Mark Madsen-esque at best and he'll have to guard SG's IF LeBron does go to New York, which is a big IF... which is why I used my shift key. :)

PraiseJesus
Didn't a guy name MJ make a lot playing in Chicago????

hahah

This article is hilarious

PraiseJesus
07-01-2010, 08:49 PM
u better pray to jesus the Knicks dont get Lebron cause thats what its looking like haha

bwahaha. I really dont care. Its just funny how the Knicks are trying to sell the city instead of the team.

$2 billion???

come on now

Evolution23
07-01-2010, 08:50 PM
lol

So the Knicks made up a cute computer program now LeBron is going to NY?

hahhaha

I dont think so. I still think NY has a god awful team they don't look very good at all.

A computer program? No. More like they showed him that NYC is better city than any other city in the world and the potential to make billions of dollars is a real threat to you haters that are in denial. LMAO

Reyes6
07-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Space Jam 2 will make a BILLION at the Box Office.

VinceCarter
07-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Brooklyn is not Manhattan.. its not even close

Brooklyn (which is still in New York)+Prokhorov+Jay-Z>Manhatten

Evolution23
07-01-2010, 08:52 PM
bwahaha. I really dont care. Its just funny how the Knicks are trying to sell the city instead of the team.

$2 billion???

come on now

Fact: we have a better core and the most flexibility for years to come. Stop being in denial, Jesus wouldn't like that.

ARMIN12NBA
07-01-2010, 08:53 PM

It doesn't give the same value. When they say "New York," they are talking about the entity of the "New York Knicks." Brooklyn does not have the same standing. Even if it was the New York Nets. The New York Knicks is a brand and they are the 2nd most popular team globally. It isn't as simple as just moving a team to NY.

_Supreme_
07-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Lebron James will not make even close to 1 billion ever, regardless of where he goes.

Evolution23
07-01-2010, 08:54 PM

so what if its in New York, Abany is in New York, that doesn't mean it comes close to Manhattan.

Prokhoroc can't do anything to lure Lebron, and Jay-z owns 1% of the team.
Lebron is not playing in Jersey for 3 years please :facepalm:

VinceCarter
07-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Fact: we have a better core and the most flexibility for years to come. Stop being in denial, Jesus wouldn't like that.

Wait better core than who? :confused:

Evolution23
07-01-2010, 08:55 PM
It doesn't give the same value. When they say "New York," they are talking about the entity of the "New York Knicks." Brooklyn does not have the same standing. Even if it was the New York Nets. The New York Knicks is a brand and they are the 2nd most popular team globally. It isn't as simple as just moving a team to NY.

This

Evolution23
07-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Wait better core than who? :confused:

def more than a 12 win team

infernoscurse
i could see the commercials now!!!

I made a lot of money by switching to NY and by switching to geico

so easy, even lebron does it

Reyes6

The Rockets have the right to swap picks with you next year (#1 protected) and also GET the Knicks pick (Top 5 protected) in 2012.

PraiseJesus
07-01-2010, 08:57 PM
A computer program? No. More like they showed him that NYC is better city than any other city in the world and the potential to make billions of dollars is a real threat to you haters that are in denial. LMAO

I think you been eatin too much Rays pizza or somethin man lmao.

I love NYC, but the Knicks have a pretty crappy core. When was the last time you made a good draft pick?

I aint no hater, Im just being realistic and saying the Knicks are saying anything and everything they can to get LBJ.

In this global economy with the internet etc, what is the big difference with being on the Knicks?

If I were LeBron, I would goto the team that gives me the best chance to win. Along those lines I pick the team with the best ownership and mangement.

tangent12
07-01-2010, 08:57 PM
http://www.lifedoctrinemusic.com/ldm/forum/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

Delusional Knicks fans, me likey. LOL!

Evolution23
07-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Why are Knicks fans praising GALLO as if he is a superstar in the making? He's a spot shooter with the ability to drive when the Knicks are down 20. His defense is Mark Madsen-esque at best and he'll have to guard SG's IF LeBron does go to New York, which is a big IF... which is why I used my shift key. :)

Gallo is not a spot up shooter, hes a great all around player on offense and D is a lot better than you give him credit for. I can say that because I've seen every single Knick game. The guy went head to head with mello and stayed right with him the whole game. He can play sf/ pf and Lebron would play the Magic role like the showtime lakers.

BullsFan_1
07-01-2010, 08:59 PM
yeah thats the same as i went from winning 3k in PR to now making 7k in NY

because its NY, concrete jungle where dreams are made of, theres nothing you cant do

That's the kind of mindset that lands a lot of people in hot water.

PraiseJesus
07-01-2010, 09:00 PM
If im LeBron I try to get the Lakers to trade for me.

That simple. He will contend for the next decade

PraiseJesus
07-01-2010, 09:00 PM
That's the kind of mindset that lands a lot of people in hot water.

lmao

VinceCarter
07-01-2010, 09:01 PM
so what if its in New York, Abany is in New York, that doesn't mean it comes close to Manhattan.

Prokhoroc can't do anything to lure Lebron, and Jay-z owns 1% of the team.
Lebron is not playing in Jersey for 3 years please :facepalm:

*Prokhorov and *2 seasons.

Stop being such a homer and open your eyes fellow Yankee fan. :pity:

And Jay-Z owning 1% of the team is completely irrelevant when he is treated like he owns more.

PraiseJesus
07-01-2010, 09:02 PM
If the Knicks wants LeBron so bad then offer him part ownership of the team.

Evolution23
07-01-2010, 09:03 PM

I love NYC, but the Knicks have a pretty crappy core. When was the last time you made a good draft pick?

I aint no hater, Im just being realistic and saying the Knicks are saying anything and everything they can to get LBJ.

In this global economy with the internet etc, what is the big difference with being on the Knicks?

If I were LeBron, I would goto the team that gives me the best chance to win. Along those lines I pick the team with the best ownership and mangement.

Obviously you haven't been to NYC.. Nate Robinson had a top 10 selling jersey in the NBA. Al Harington got a shoe deal that made him a ton of money. and these are just role players. If they played for the Bulls or Heat do they even come close to getting any of these deals? Nope. Internet has nothing to do with it, its all about location.

the Knicks do give him the best chacne to win.. get 2 or 3 superstars this year, and get mello next year. sounds like a good shot to me.

btw i have been eating too much pizza cause we got the best pizza here in NY

MacFitz92
All that would be true, but the Knicks suck, and getting one or even two guys ain't changing anything.

PraiseJesus
LeBron has been trying to carry a team since his career started. I think he is ready to team up with at least 1 other superstar in his prime.

Thats my take on things. I don't think he wants to go to the Knicks or Nets where he is Michael Jackson with a bunch of Tito Jacksons

Evolution23
07-01-2010, 09:04 PM
If the Knicks wants LeBron so bad then offer him part ownership of the team.

Actually he can actually buy shares of the Knicks which would make him part owner

PraiseJesus
07-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Obviously you haven't been to NYC.. Nate Robinson had a top 10 selling jersey in the NBA. Al Harington got a shoe deal that made him a ton of money. and these are just role players. If they played for the Bulls or Heat do they even come close to getting any of these deals? Nope. Internet has nothing to do with it, its all about location.

the Knicks do give him the best chacne to win.. get 2 or 3 superstars this year, and get mello next year. sounds like a good shot to me.

I think LeBron is more of a sushi type of guy.

He should come to LA :)

Evolution23
07-01-2010, 09:05 PM
All that would be true, but the Knicks suck, and getting one or even two guys ain't changing anything.

Dallas has a bright future though... get 65 wins, get every piece needed to win and then choke in the playoffs. yeah im sure thats going to change next year rite?

VinceCarter
07-01-2010, 09:07 PM

For how much you seem to hate the Nets what you said right there narrows the teams you would join down to the Bulls or the Nets.

Reyes6
But if money was the issue why wouldn't he go overseas? That's where he can make the most... it's about winning the NBA Title, not about making the most money.

And Gallinari is a spot shooter, a good one... but that's his game... and defensively he's below average, even though he gets blocks/steals, he lets his man past him way too often.

But for Knicks fans sakes, I hope they land someone because they've stayed faithful to this team even through some of the worst Front Office decisions of all time and deserve a brighter future.

Evolution23
*Prokhorov and *2 seasons.

Stop being such a homer and open your eyes fellow Yankee fan. :pity:

And Jay-Z owning 1% of the team is completely irrelevant when he is treated like he owns more.

Ur the homer thinking Lebron wants to play for the 2nd team in NY...
Why do you think all the free agents want to play for the yankees and not the mets.

Reyes6
07-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Yeah, because the Yankees signed Beltran, Santana, and K-Rod right?

tangent12
07-01-2010, 09:09 PM
I can picture evolution singing his lungs out to empire state of mind with eyes closed and a small tear rolling down his left cheek. http://www.lifedoctrinemusic.com/ldm/forum/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

Evolution23
07-01-2010, 09:10 PM
But if money was the issue why wouldn't he go overseas? That's where he can make the most... it's about winning the NBA Title, not about making the most money.

And Gallinari is a spot shooter, a good one... but that's his game... and defensively he's below average, even though he gets blocks/steals, he lets his man past him way too often.

But for Knicks fans sakes, I hope they land someone because they've stayed faithful to this team even through some of the worst Front Office decisions of all time and deserve a brighter future.

Yeah oversees he will get a good contract but not recognition like he would in the NBA therefore leading to less marketing opportunities.

Gallo is not just a spot up shooter, if you saw him play more than just ESPN highlights you would see that.

PraiseJesus
[/B]

For how much you seem to hate the Nets what you said right there narrows the teams you would join down to the Bulls or the Nets.

No... That would narrow it down to the Lakers, Celtics, or Spurs really. They are the only teams that I consider to have great ownership, coaching, management.

Any team can contend for a year or 2, but t ostay good year after year takes good drafting, good trading, good coaching, and good free agent signing. Adjustments must be made every offseason and they have to be the right ones.

Evolution23
I can picture evolution singing his lungs out to empire state of mind with eyes closed and a small tear rolling down his left cheek. http://www.lifedoctrinemusic.com/ldm/forum/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

I could see you crying when captain Kirk left your team :rolleyes:

VinceCarter
07-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Ur the homer thinking Lebron wants to play for the 2nd team in NY...
Why do you think all the free agents want to play for the yankees and not the mets.

Terrible comparison! Baseball doesn't have a salary cap thus making the Yankees the favorite most of the time.

Reyes6
Yeah oversees he will get a good contract but not recognition like he would in the NBA therefore leading to less marketing opportunities.

Gallo is not just a spot up shooter, if you saw him play more than just ESPN highlights you would see that.

I watched nearly every Knick game, I live in New York, he was on my fantasy team... Playing on the Knicks was like playing on the Warriors last year, inflated stats and horrid defense.

Evolution23

no but they signed CC and A-rod
last i checked they were 2 of the greats

Reyes6
07-01-2010, 09:13 PM
No... That would narrow it down to the Rockets, Rockets, or Rockets really. They are the only teams that I consider to have great ownership, coaching, management.

Any team can contend for a year or 2, but t ostay good year after year takes good drafting, good trading, good coaching, and good free agent signing. Adjustments must be made every offseason and they have to be the right ones.

Very good point in bold.

VinceCarter
07-01-2010, 09:14 PM

Empire State of Mind if anything was Jay-Z pitching Brooklyn and the Nets.

bkmikeyy
07-01-2010, 09:15 PM
First of all to the people that don't know the difference between playing in Manhattan and Newark/Brooklyn, you clearly have no clue what you are talking about. That's like saying playing in LA and Golden State is the same thing for your brand,
Second you can't use the past as a barometer for a team's future success. Fact is Lebron + another Max, Gallo, Chandler, TD, Walker, Barron, a couple of vet mins and an 11 million dollar expiring contracts is a very serious team from day one, and the only team that has a lot of flexibility going forward past the first year. Much better than what Miami can offer and Chicago has been unbelievably overrated by the media and is an awful fit for Lebron.
To say that 2 of the top 10 players in the NBA, 4-5 promising young players, and a bench consisting of players like e.g.( Bell, Kurt Thomas, Shaq, Tmac, House...etc etc) cannot compete for a championship is stupid. Add 11 million to spend in the summer and you can easily build a dynasty. Lebron is 25 not 35, he can afford to win 60 games this year and lose in the conference finals this year and have almost max money to spend after the season is over.
Plus the whole picks argument is out the window too - Lebron + Bosh >>>> than anythign the Rockets will have so the swap becomes useless and at the very worst case scenario for the Knicks that other pick would be in the early to mid 20s which can be purchased for 3 million.

Evolution23
07-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Empire State of Mind if anything was Jay-Z pitching Brooklyn and the Nets.

If jay-z was pitching to the nets shouldn't he have been at 1 or 2 Nets games last season?

Also why does he sit courtside at all the Knicks games?

The reason why Jay-z is a minority owner of the Nets is because the Knicks were not for sale.

"Knicks and Nets give me high 5's??"

PraiseJesus
07-01-2010, 09:18 PM
First of all to the people that don't know the difference between playing in Manhattan and Newark/Brooklyn, you clearly have no clue what you are talking about. That's like saying playing in LA and Golden State is the same thing for your brand,
Second you can't use the past as a barometer for a team's future success. Fact is Lebron + another Max, Gallo, Chandler, TD, Walker, Barron, a couple of vet mins and an 11 million dollar expiring contracts is a very serious team from day one, and the only team that has a lot of flexibility going forward past the first year. Much better than what Miami can offer and Chicago has been unbelievably overrated by the media and is an awful fit for Lebron.
To say that 2 of the top 10 players in the NBA, 4-5 promising young players, and a bench consisting of players like e.g.( Bell, Kurt Thomas, Shaq, Tmac, House...etc etc) cannot compete for a championship is stupid. Add 11 million to spend in the summer and you can easily build a dynasty. Lebron is 25 not 35, he can afford to win 60 games this year and lose in the conference finals this year and have almost max money to spend after the season is over.
Plus the whole picks argument is out the window too - Lebron + Bosh >>>> than anythign the Rockets will have so the swap becomes useless and at the very worst case scenario for the Knicks that other pick would be in the early to mid 20s which can be purchased for 3 million.

I stopped reading at the part in bold. lmao

bkmikeyy
07-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Winning one ring in NYK atuomatically makes Lebron the face of New York City basketball and of the whole franchise. He becomes the face of the most popular sport in the largest market in the world...

Reyes6
07-01-2010, 09:19 PM
You can only use a thermometer.

Evolution23
07-01-2010, 09:21 PM

Exactly what i've been saying

VinceCarter
If jay-z was pitching to the nets shouldn't he have been at 1 or 2 Nets games last season?

The reason why Jay-z is a minority owner of the Nets is because the Knicks were not for sale.

Because he loves NY.

And I'm sure he likes the Nets more otherwise he wouldn't be in a mural with Prokhorov that reads "The Blueprint for Greatness" in Knicks territory.

bkmikeyy
I stopped reading at the part in bold. lmao

You can't use the Isaiah Thomas and Scott Layden era to say that a team with completely different management and 1 player (Chandler) from that regime in any sort of long term plans. The team has been very good under Dolan before and in the 90s had Jordan never played would have had several rings. Poor management that NO LONGER IS THERE drove the franchise into the ground, so you can laugh all you want but you clearly aren't using your head.

JNA17
07-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Lebron James: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHCVyllnck

bkmikeyy
07-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Because he loves NY.

And I'm sure he likes the Nets more otherwise he wouldn't be in a mural with Prokhorov that reads "The Blueprint for Greatness" in Knicks territory.

People really gotta get off this Prokorov's guys nuts, he hasn't done a single thing yet but be rich and ride jet skis and suddenly he is the greatest owner of all time.
Nets fans just drool all over him because they had one of the cheapest stingiest and corniest managers with his promotions now they think they are the hip new thing because some Russian guy thought it would be a nice investment to buy property in Brooklyn. Prokorov actually wanted to buy the Knicks originally but they told him Knicks weren't for sale so he figured he would take the cheap crummy alternative and stick it in NY and attempt to steal Knick fans. You guys don't even know how he got his money, the corrupt Russian government used to hand out oil businesses after the collapse of the soviet union, and Dolan is one of the largest media mogusl in the world...yet your beloved Proky is the business genius.

rockets-fan
07-01-2010, 09:23 PM
hahahah wow...he could make that in houston with the chinese fan base lol jk...

ny is a fool if they think even with lebron they will win championships ....

VinceCarter
07-01-2010, 09:26 PM

This logic only makes the Nets look even better. They have $30 million in cap but they have a talented core of Harris, Lopez, Favors, TWill, and many more draft picks in the next couple years than the Knicks.

And the key to the Nets core talent is the PG/C combo that is really hard to come by.

Thisisouryear!!
07-01-2010, 09:26 PM
WOW 2 billion, great shot he lands in NY

csenoner
07-01-2010, 09:27 PM

Bulls fans think that id lebron plays in chicago he will win 6 titles, but if he plays in new york he cant win 1.

if hes on the bulls hes the greatest ever. if hes on the knicks hes no better than pat ewing and charles barkley.

just imagine how much money jordan would have if he played in NYC.

People mention that the knicks have 4 players (wel actually they have 2 draft picks who will most likely make the roster, so actually they have 7 players). well the heat have 3, yet they are a real option??

and the bulls? they have 5 players...

so all this bs makes no sense.

and all they wanna say is that the bulls have rose. yeah well bosh or amare might like rose , but for bron and wade all it means is that they will have the ball in their hands less. what can rose do offball? nothing. the bulls have no shooters.

plus if they sign 2 max free agents (they still need to clear salary, a big if ) they are at the max, meaning next year they are going to let noah go... and the next year its rose who needs to be maxed. all the while theyll be paying deng 11 mil, 12 mil, 13 mil , 14 mill the next 4 years. and what makes you think reinsdorf pays the luxury tax to pay rose, let alone noah.

he has never paid the luxury tax in his lifel he has chaced away hall of fame players and coaches because he wasnt willing to pay the tax, yet lebrons supposed to take reinsdorf word that thats going to change? who says its not a ploy to get bron and once he gets him, goes back on his word and lets others go.

on the other hand dolan has been paying the tax for years and does not care if he has to pay to keep talent here. when gallos contract expires he will pay him his fair share to stay even if it means paying dollar for dollar. reinsdorf can claim that but cant back it up.

bkmikeyy
07-01-2010, 09:29 PM
This logic only makes the Nets look even better. They have $30 million in cap but they have a talented core of Harris, Lopez, Favors, TWill, and many more draft picks in the next couple years than the Knicks.

And the key to the Nets core talent is the PG/C combo that is really hard to come by.

Won 12 games...Mark Madsen can put up nice numbers on a 12 win team. They had to get on a winning streak late in the season to even get that many. Draft picks wont matter once the stars sign no need for them whatsoever.

Reyes6
07-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Bulls fans think that id lebron plays in chicago he will win 6 titles, but if he plays in new york he cant win 1.

if hes on the bulls hes the greatest ever. if hes on the knicks hes no better than pat ewing and charles barkley.

just imagine how much money jordan would have if he played in NYC.

People mention that the knicks have 4 players (wel actually they have 2 draft picks who will most likely make the roster, so actually they have 7 players). well the heat have 3, yet they are a real option??

and the bulls? they have 5 players...

so all this bs makes no sense.

and all they wanna say is that the bulls have rose. yeah well bosh or amare might like rose , but for bron and wade all it means is that they will have the ball in their hands less. what can rose do offball? nothing. the bulls have no shooters.

plus if they sign 2 max free agents (they still need to clear salary, a big if ) they are at the max, meaning next year they are going to let noah go... and the next year its rose who needs to be maxed. all the while theyll be paying deng 11 mil, 12 mil, 13 mil , 14 mill the next 4 years. and what makes you think reinsdorf pays the luxury tax to pay rose, let alone noah.

he has never paid the luxury tax in his lifel he has chaced away hall of fame players and coaches because he wasnt willing to pay the tax, yet lebrons supposed to take reinsdorf word that thats going to change? who says its not a ploy to get bron and once he gets him, goes back on his word and lets others go.

on the other hand dolan has been paying the tax for years and does not care if he has to pay to keep talent here. when gallos contract expires he will pay him his fair share to stay even if it means paying dollar for dollar. reinsdorf can claim that but cant back it up.

Wouldn't that be 6 players?

VinceCarter
07-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Won 12 games...Mark Madsen can put up nice numbers on a 12 win team. Draft picks wont matter once the stars sign no need for them whatsoever.

Wow you want to mention 1 bad season. Let's take a look at the Knicks past 10 years......oh wait I shouldn't compare the Nets past 10 to the Knicks past 10 becasue it's all about the future right?

9GRAVES9
07-01-2010, 09:36 PM
let the haters hate, 2 max,plus gallo,chandler,douglas and another max next year. that sounds like a legit dynasty in the making. sorry !!

bkmikeyy
07-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Wow you want to mention 1 bad season. Let's take a look at the Knicks past 10 years......oh wait I shouldn't compare the Nets past 10 to the Knicks past 10 becasue it's all about the future right?

ONE BAD season with the young talent thats supposed to your core for Lebron...the crazy young talent that nets fans love to talk about. The bad 10 years for the Knicks is irrelevant because it had completely different players...all the players that were the problem in NY are gone, the poor management that dug them into that whole is as well.
The only year that matter is last year, marbury, francis, randolph, harrington and the rest of the losers have nothing to do with NYK now, the team that took you to 12 wins is still that young talent you are selling.

Melo15
07-01-2010, 09:39 PM
LOL at people thinking the Knicks can win a championship with their roster plus 2 max free agents. That team isn't even close to the Lakers or Magics level imo.

oak2455
07-01-2010, 09:42 PM
He said he wants to own a basketball team when it's all said and done. And that much money allows him to run it with piece of mind.....

Come to the Nets and make even more with Jay!!!! ;) :pray:

BTW this article says New York that means the Knicks AND Nets.

Jay Z owns 1 % to 1.5 % of the Nets:speechless:

bkmikeyy
07-01-2010, 09:43 PM
LOL at people thinking the Knicks can win a championship with their roster plus 2 max free agents. That team isn't even close to the Lakers or Magics level imo.

easily solvable... having Lebron and Bosh and only a total of 7 million dollars spent on TD, Chandler, Gallo and Walker (all solid players btw and almost the same money that Chalmers and Beasely make together) leaves room for flexibility and growth. You add a few vet mins chasing for the championship in the mold that the celtics did and you are fine. You forget the celtics traded away all of their depth the year they got Ray and KG and players like posey came to win. You as a boston fan should know better than anyone how a few stars can turn a franchise around. The few young players the Knicks have will grow with the stars and drasticly improve (e.g. Perkins and Rondo) and players like shaq, bell, kurt thomas (who are all good 8th, 9th 10th bench guys for a championship team will gladly come). Then people forget the monsterous 11 million dollars the have to spend that can at the very least add two solid role players. No other team in the NBA can provide Lebron with all that stop looking at the past roster with al harrington and chris duhon trying to save their NBA careers. Gallo as a 3rd of 4th option would be absolutely BEAST.

Apophis
07-01-2010, 09:44 PM
LeBron has been trying to carry a team since his career started. I think he is ready to team up with at least 1 other superstar in his prime.

Thats my take on things. I don't think he wants to go to the Knicks or Nets where he is Michael Jackson with a bunch of Tito Jacksons

DUDE!!!! I literally spit out my drink laughing when I read this line.. this has to be one of the funniest things I have read this week.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :D :D :D

yuoke
07-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Didn't Germany say they would offer around 50 mil.? Why not go there; I don't get it. If it is about money, then there is your answer. Plu s it helps the international game.

ragee
07-01-2010, 09:45 PM

Lebron wants to be a billionaire... He said that a couple of years ago...

VinceCarter
07-01-2010, 09:49 PM

So you are telling me playing with a top 10 PG (Devin Harris) and a top 3 center (Brook Lopez) is not appealing? Also a top PF free agent that would come over with him like Boozer, Amare or David Lee...:facepalm:

Melo15
07-01-2010, 09:49 PM
easily solvable... having Lebron and Bosh and only a total of 7 million dollars spent on TD, Chandler, Gallo and Walker (all solid players btw and almost the same money that Chalmers and Beasely make together) leaves room for flexibility and growth. You add a few vet mins chasing for the championship in the mold that the celtics did and you are fine. You forget the celtics traded away all of their depth the year they got Ray and KG and players like posey came to win. You as a boston fan should know better than anyone how a few stars can turn a franchise around. The few young players the Knicks have will grow with the stars and drasticly improve (e.g. Perkins and Rondo) and players like shaq, bell, kurt thomas (who are all good 8th, 9th 10th bench guys for a championship team will gladly come). Then people forget the monsterous 11 million dollars the have to spend that can at the very least add two solid role players. No other team in the NBA can provide Lebron with all that stop looking at the past roster with al harrington and chris duhon trying to save their NBA careers. Gallo as a 3rd of 4th option would be absolutely BEAST.

I'm sorry but nobody on your current roster impresses me (I am a Nuggets fan btw) and I really don't think signing LeBron and Bosh would make you contenders. Clearly you would be a better team but you still have a coach that isn't likely to put a team over the top. His no defense style will never win a championship and that roster isn't one that is likely to win one either. I will say that LeBron would put up crazy numbers playing in there offense.

Melo15
07-01-2010, 09:50 PM
[/B]

So you are telling me playing with a top 10 PG (Devin Harris) and a top 3 center (Brook Lopez) is not appealing? Also a top PF free agent that would come over with him like Boozer, Amare or David Lee...:facepalm:

I agree with you man in the end I think it comes down to the Nets and Cavs and I think he will end up signing a 3 year deal with the Cavs. If they can't get anybody to help him then after the 3 years he will leave them and come to Brooklyn and play for your Nets.

mwoodri
07-01-2010, 09:51 PM
The estimate dwarfed the $700 million hed likely earn in Cleveland, the $690 million in Chicago, and $600 million in Miami.

http://basketball.******.com/src_wiretap_archives/67707/20100701/knicks_showed_lebron_math_of_how_hed_earn_more_mon ey_in_new_york/#

:laugh2:

The model they used must be extremely flawed if it predicts him to make LESS money in Chicago than Cleveland.

bkmikeyy
07-01-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm sorry but nobody on your current roster impresses me (I am a Nuggets fan btw) and I really don't think signing LeBron and Bosh would make you contenders. Clearly you would be a better team but you still have a coach that isn't likely to put a team over the top. His no defense style will never win a championship and that roster isn't one that is likely to win one either. I will say that LeBron would put up crazy numbers playing in there offense.

Their roster right now consists of a 4 players taking up 7 million dollars and even if you do not like them you still have to admit that they can be contributors on a championship contending team. 7 million dollars these days gets u a player like Drew Gooden. Fact is Knicks are practically a blank slate for Lebron to create his dynasty on.

VinceCarter
07-01-2010, 09:52 PM
I agree with you man in the end I think it comes down to the Nets and Cavs and I think he will end up signing a 3 year deal with the Cavs. If they can't get anybody to help him then after the 3 years he will leave them and come to Brooklyn and play for your Nets.

Props for not being a homer man. I'm not saying LeBron is coming here, I'm just saying the Nets are in the running with the Cavs and Bulls.

oak2455
07-01-2010, 09:53 PM

Jazz hope thats your HS team last I check nodda for the Jazz:confused:

mwoodri
07-01-2010, 09:54 PM
And besides, Lebron would rather win 7+ championships than earn more $. He either stays in Cleveland to remain loyal or goes to MIA or CHI to win championships. Sorry NYK!!

Melo15
07-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Their roster right now consists of a 4 players taking up 7 million dollars and even if you do not like them you still have to admit that they can be contributors on a championship contending team. 7 million dollars these days gets u a player like Drew Gooden. Fact is Knicks are practically a blank slate for Lebron to create his dynasty on.

LOL LeBron has already played with Drew Gooden and a lot of players with similar skill sets and they didn't help him win a title so what makes you think they will help him win one in New York?

Atownballa5
07-01-2010, 09:55 PM
so iv come as a nets fan, not saying lebrons coming... but knicks fans keep dreaming you fans make yourselves look so stupid trying to argue thinking you have a chance against teams that clearly are better than you. who cares if we won 12 games ill take my 12 win team over the knicks any day

ZHAKIDD532
07-01-2010, 09:56 PM
A better core than who? Jack Black after Thanksgiving dinner?

The Final Boss
07-01-2010, 09:57 PM
This is the kind of pitch that entices "these types of players". You know damn well Dirk wouldn't receive this kind of pitch. There's no need to.

oak2455
07-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Props for not being a homer man. I'm not saying LeBron is coming here, I'm just saying the Knicks are in the running with the Cavs and Bulls.

Fixed:D

Daze9900
07-01-2010, 09:58 PM

lol @ Jordan push-off against bryon russell.

daddies3angels
07-01-2010, 09:59 PM
my question how he make so much more in NEW YORK then Chicago? i know New York a little bigger but he still get alot of ads in Chicago

oak2455
07-01-2010, 09:59 PM
so iv come as a nets fan, not saying lebrons coming... but knicks fans keep dreaming you fans make yourselves look so stupid trying to argue thinking you have a chance against teams that clearly are better than you. who cares if we won 12 games ill take my 12 win team over the knicks any day

and you 12 fans......last in attendance..:clap:

knicks=love
07-01-2010, 10:00 PM

HAHAHAHAHA i totally agree, i just hope lebron puts this whole thing into thought

VinceCarter
07-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Fixed:D

:laugh2: :facepalm:

ElMarroAfamado
07-01-2010, 10:01 PM
haha at people thinking hes going to win a title

Atownballa5
07-01-2010, 10:02 PM

if your team was in any other state you wouldnt even be considered in a free agents mine

VinceCarter

If the Knicks were based in East Rutherford, NJ they'd be last too.

Atownballa5
mind *

VinceCarter
07-01-2010, 10:03 PM
if your team was in any other state you wouldnt even be considered in a free agents mine

They would have already gone the path of the Supersonics.

pacofunk64
NYK forget to mention the odds of winning a NBA championship in NY is 1 in 28 while if he were to go to Chicago it would be 1 in 5. By the time he wins 1 in NY he could have 3 or 4 in Chicago.

knicks=love
my question how he make so much more in NEW YORK then Chicago? i know New York a little bigger but he still get alot of ads in Chicago

because new york has the stock market and is the center of the world. he can buy so many stocks, something chicago cant offer. just look at the yankees - loads and loads of money, and championships. the cubs? well they just *******.

ZHAKIDD532
07-01-2010, 10:04 PM

That's why he went to downtown Cleveland telling LeBron to play for the Nets.

Daze9900
07-01-2010, 10:05 PM

Really? You should not be talking with a squad that threatened for worst all time record. At the very least you could always say watching knicks game were entertaining even if they lost. Why don't you troll back to the Nets forum and worry about who you're not getting in free agency. lol I live in brooklyn and I don't care about the Nets coming here.

ZHAKIDD532
07-01-2010, 10:06 PM
because new york has the stock market and is the center of the world. he can buy so many stocks, something chicago cant offer. just look at the yankees - loads and loads of money, and championships. the cubs? well they just *******.
Are you serious?

He obviously can't buy stocks from anywhere but New York...there's no such thing as telephones or the internet.

ZHAKIDD532
07-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Really? You should not be talking with a squad that threatened for worst all time record. At the very least you could always say watching knicks game were entertaining even if they lost. Why don't you troll back to the Nets forum and worry about who you're not getting in free agency. lol I live in brooklyn and I don't care about the Nets coming here.
The Knicks don't have the roster. The Nets have Devin Harris, Brook Lopez, Derrick Favors, and Terrence Williams.

29$JerZ
07-01-2010, 10:08 PM

Miami has 2, Beasly and Chalmers. Add Wade it's 3. Both 2nd rounders it's 5.
NY has 5, Douglass/Wilson/Danilo/Billy/Eddy, 2 2nd rounders it's 7.
Chicago has 6 players on contract.

Yet Miami/Chicago are more championship bound? Bad argument, at least say they have no all stars yet. Then you'd have a case...

Nice opinion, not a fact though.

Knicks Championships. 0% chance of happening

1/30 doesn't equal 0%

oak2455
07-01-2010, 10:09 PM
If the Knicks were based in East Rutherford, NJ they'd be last too.

But were in midtown Manhattan the Mecca of basketball........not hey watch that bullet in Newark NJ...Sorry

Focused1
07-01-2010, 10:09 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

GNR ( Gotta N****R Rolling)

Atownballa5
07-01-2010, 10:10 PM

cause last time i checked we barely had a real starting lineup untill the last few months of the season, and really you live in brooklyn thats probably the coolest thing i heard all day! and of course you dont care your a knicks fan, if your knicks came to where i lived i wouldnt give a ******* either

VinceCarter
07-01-2010, 10:11 PM
The Knicks don't have the roster. The Nets have Devin Harris, Brook Lopez, Derrick Favors, and Terrence Williams.

x2

Focused1
07-01-2010, 10:11 PM
That's why he went to downtown Cleveland telling LeBron to play for the Nets.

Co-Sign. I agree LOL

BALLER R
07-01-2010, 10:12 PM

1/30 doesn't equal 0%

lol true, thats an irrelevant stat because 16 teams makes the playoffs, can't look at the percentage until its playoff time

Atownballa5
07-01-2010, 10:13 PM
x2

wait... x3

NYK|NYY
07-01-2010, 10:13 PM
You posters are ridiculous, how the hell can't the Knicks add players around Lebron after the first year when Eddie's contract comes off the books. Sure, no championship within the first year probably not the second but over the length of the deal It's just as good of a shot as the other teams, because we can add big time pieces.

BALLER R
07-01-2010, 10:16 PM
You posters are ridiculous, how the hell can't the Knicks add players around Lebron after the first year when Eddie's contract comes off the books. Sure, no championship within the first year probably not the second but over the length of the deal It's just as good of a shot as the other teams, because we can add big time pieces.

but on a team like chicago he could win a championship next year, well his chances increase dramatically compare to the knick

imagesrdecievin
07-01-2010, 10:17 PM

4 of the 7 players on the knicks roster play the same position as Lebron? How is that supposed to work out?

themadstork
07-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Is it just me, or have Knick fans become the most entertaining entities in professional sports?

-Stork

NYK|NYY
07-01-2010, 10:18 PM
4 of the 7 players on the knicks roster play the same position as Lebron? How is that supposed to work out?

I dunno if you ever heard of TRADING players. It happens.

The Final Boss
07-01-2010, 10:18 PM
It's not just you...

imagesrdecievin
07-01-2010, 10:19 PM

sure as hell won't be through the draft.

That is why I am secure as a Nets fan - we didn't mortgage our future on one player. If Lebron passes you guys are crippled in the future.

Atownballa5

not to mention they all suck

VinceCarter
Is it just me, or have Knick fans become the most entertaining entities in professional sports?

-Stork

No, I'm with you on that one. :laugh2:

nyknicks33
07-01-2010, 10:20 PM
im trying to be as unbaised as possible till someone signs,
1.Manhatten> Brooklyn, not even Basketball wise, it just is lol
2. If it is true ... 2 billion dollars is very hard to give up!

imagesrdecievin
07-01-2010, 10:20 PM
I dunno if you ever heard of TRADING players. It happens.

You guys don't have anymore 1st round picks to entice teams to take your players.

Seriously though - Danilo is the only knick with legit trade value. And how much realistically can you expect to get back for him?

NYK|NYY
07-01-2010, 10:21 PM
sure as hell won't be through the draft.

That is why I am secure as a Nets fan - we didn't mortgage our future on one player. If Lebron passes you guys are crippled in the future.

Perhaps. We can still add someone when Eddies contract comes off or just trade it this season. I think our picks have some protections, so if we suck horribly at least we can keep our top 5 pick, and after that if we get the number 1 pick we get to keep it! But I agree the Nets are in complete better shape. I'm just annoyed at people thinking that the roster remains as is if Lebron signs here.

29$JerZ

Mike D'Antoni only has 1 set position which is PG.

All SG/SF and even PF are wing players

You can also trade them to fill needs, it's not impossible.

D1JM

rose was the fourth best selling jersey and he is barely going into his third season. Plus lebron cant buy stock or ownership of the knicks

Weezy
07-01-2010, 10:22 PM

Yet Miami/Chicago are more championship bound? Bad argument, at least say they have no all stars yet. Then you'd have a case...

1/30 doesn't equal 0%

LMAO 29 this just made my night with those responses.

Bornknick73
Cut the BS about rosters. We have 4 players and a boatload of money. We have the biggest market and a original 6 team. Not to mention the Knicks brand even with 10 years of ****** B-ball is still one of the most recognizable brands in the world.

Do you really think if we get lebron hes gonna run out on the court with only the 4 players we have? The Knicks if they land Lebron will assemble a team that will be whipping on your teams ***** for years. And will only add to it when Curry comes off the books. Thats the truth! And thats what all the negativity is about. FEAR!! Fear of NY and the team they can assemble.

Core this Core that....its nonsense. The core will be built around him before the start of the season. And if you dont think other players will come to us once we get Lebron you are fooling yourselves. 100 million on the table and JJ still is thinking about it?, 65 million on the table and Melo still hasnt signed it?. Why? Because they are gonna see what he does. And if he comes to us one of them will be following behind him.

You guys better pray we dont get Lebron, some of you are praying already. Lebron James with a blank slate team and a open checkbook, playing for a organization with limitless funds is a nightmare for the rest of the NBA. We spit on the luxury tax.

No team can offer him the money, the roster flexibility to build around him immediately, the biggest market on the planet. And for all your trades and cap clearing you still cant sign 2 guys outright. We dont have to make any moves and still get 2 maxes and fill out the bench.

Chicago has a cheap *** owner who in 3 years will let Rose or Noah walk and no one gives a **** about basketball in Miami. And NJ is NJ. My owner may be dumb but he aint cheap.

Stop the nonsense already. We can field a team as good or better than any of those teams. Core or no core. And we can improve on it next year which none of the other teams can say.

Current rosters dont mean ****! So stop it already. Fear of a NY team rising up is what fuels all the hate. I dont blame you. I'd be scared too.

NYK|NYY
You guys don't have anymore 1st round picks to entice teams to take your players.

Seriously though - Danilo is the only knick with legit trade value. And how much realistically can you expect to get back for him?

I like to think Wilson Chandler has some trade value, he's nothing spectacular but he isn't poop.

oak2455
07-01-2010, 10:23 PM
but on a team like chicago he could win a championship next year, well his chances increase dramatically compare to the knick

what can be done after that??? they will be stuck:eyebrow:

Melo15
07-01-2010, 10:23 PM
I will say though that both the Nets and Knicks are at a disadvantage seeing as how Chicago and Cleveland are the ones who get to give the last pitch to LeBron. That is huge for those teams and Cleveland getting to go last will stick with him the most which is why I think he will end up staying.

imagesrdecievin
07-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Mike D'Antoni only has 1 set position which is PG.

All SG/SF and even PF are wing players

You can also trade them to fill needs, it's not impossible.

therein lies the rub D'Antoni's system is proven to be an exciting brand of basketball that is not capable of being successful in the playoffs. Lebron has made a point of emphasizing how important defense is to him/winning a championship.

hiring D'Antoni has done more damage to the knicks chance of landing LBJ than the gutting of your roster has.

D1JM
07-01-2010, 10:24 PM
can someone please explain to me how lebron would make more money in cleveland than in chicago? You got to be stupid if you rely on this computer based ******** if you think he would make more money in cleveland than in chicago

Raph12
07-01-2010, 10:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToVsp7DdHzU&feature=fvst

NYK|NYY
07-01-2010, 10:27 PM
therein lies the rub D'Antoni's system is proven to be an exciting brand of basketball that is not capable of being successful in the playoffs. Lebron has made a point of emphasizing how important defense is to him/winning a championship.

hiring D'Antoni has done more damage to the knicks chance of landing LBJ than the gutting of your roster has.
Oh come on, I think if Amare doesn't get suspended in the Western Conf. Finals they win the championship that year and I think a lot of people would agree with me. But I agree for the most part.

oak2455
07-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Cut the BS about rosters. We have 4 players and a boatload of money. We have the biggest market and a original 6 team. Not to mention the Knicks brand even with 10 years of ****** B-ball is still one of the most recognizable brands in the world.

Do you really think if we get lebron hes gonna run out on the court with only the 4 players we have? The Knicks if they land Lebron will assemble a team that will be whipping on your teams ***** for years. And will only add to it when Curry comes off the books. Thats the truth! And thats what all the negativity is about. FEAR!! Fear of NY and the team they can assemble.

Core this Core that....its nonsense. The core will be built around him before the start of the season. And if you dont think other players will come to us once we get Lebron you are fooling yourselves. 100 million on the table and JJ still is thinking about it?, 65 million on the table and Melo still hasnt signed it?. Why? Because they are gonna see what he does. And if he comes to us one of them will be following behind him.

You guys better pray we dont get Lebron, some of you are praying already. Lebron James with a blank slate team and a open checkbook, playing for a organization with limitless funds is a nightmare for the rest of the NBA. We spit on the luxury tax.

No team can offer him the money, the roster flexibility to build around him immediately, the biggest market on the planet. And for all your trades and cap clearing you still cant sign 2 guys outright. We dont have to make any moves and still get 2 maxes and fill out the bench.

Chicago has a cheap *** owner who in 3 years will let Rose or Noah walk and no one gives a **** about basketball in Miami. And NJ is NJ. My owner may be dumb but he aint cheap.

Stop the nonsense already. We can field a team as good or better than any of those teams. Core or no core. And we can improve on it next year which none of the other teams can say.

Current rosters dont mean ****! So stop it already. Fear of a NY team rising up is what fuels all the hate. I dont blame you. I'd be scared too.

Well said:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::cla p::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::cla p::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

oak2455
07-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Oh come on, I think if Amare doesn't get suspended in the Western Conf. Finals they win the championship that year and I think a lot of people would agree with me. But I agree for the most part.

Without a dought:eyebrow:

29$JerZ
07-01-2010, 10:29 PM

If NY hired Marc Jackson no one would be talking about NY at all.
You need some type of proven coach in this league.
Does a Max FA want to play for Mike or Marc Jackson?

Mike does want his team to play D, but how can you play D when your GM gets Duhon/AL to pair along with Lee? Only 4 players on our team played any sort of D the last 2 seasons and all 4 are coming back. So we have a defensive core to surround with whoever we get. Whether we get any one important remains to be seen.

If we don't gut our roster we aren't in 2010 at all. We have Jamal/Zach to be our best players. That's why 2010 is well worth the chance, even if we miss out we can build a team correctly. Not tied down to bad players anymore.

imagesrdecievin
07-01-2010, 10:31 PM
I like to think Wilson Chandler has some trade value, he's nothing spectacular but he isn't poop.

he's not poop and neither is Gallo - but the trade chips that you have won't net you what NJ/Chi already has - Rose/Noah or Harris/Lopez. Those four players cannot be overlooked.

jjohnson154
07-01-2010, 10:31 PM

LeBron is gonna be rich no matter where he goes...that's the fact of it all. All that money isn't anything without a CHAMPIONSHIP RING.

Knicks Owner: Hey, here's a boatload full of american dollars and russian rubles
LeBron: You got any NBA Championships in here?
Knicks Owner: Uhh, we got the guy we traded Nate Robinson for...how about that?
LeBron: I think....yeah I think I'll go to the Chicago Bulls. I'll take the $690 million, 7 Championships, and a bigger statue than Michael Jordan.

The ChILL
07-01-2010, 10:32 PM
can someone please explain to me how lebron would make more money in cleveland than in chicago? You got to be stupid if you rely on this computer based ******** if you think he would make more money in cleveland than in chicago

bc they know if he went to Chicago the ECF would be locked down for years. They would rather him stay in Cleveland if they can't get him.

Besides I don't trust computer programs/models from NY. Didn't these "programs" result in the largest one day loss in the history of the stock market like two weeks ago?

NYK|NYY
07-01-2010, 10:33 PM
I really feel like people are ignorant for condescending the Knicks for cleaning out the cap. We were in basketball purgatory it was the ONLY option, no one gives good players for garbage contracts. Lebron was openly flirting with the New York Knicks, how the hell do we not take a chance knowing that?

VinceCarter
07-01-2010, 10:33 PM

:laugh2: :laugh2: Haters? You guys have haters? Those aren't 'haters' those are 'realist'.

29$JerZ
07-01-2010, 10:35 PM
bc they know if he went to Chicago the ECF would be locked down for years. They would rather him stay in Cleveland if they can't get him.

Besides I don't trust computer programs/models from NY. Didn't these "programs" result in the largest one day loss in the history of the stock market like two weeks ago?

Every team would want LeBron to stay if he didn't go to their team?
Think Chicago wants LeBron in Miami or NY? Or NY wants LeBron anywhere else but Cleveland or their team?

If LeBron went to the Lakers or Orlando it would be a wrap, but he isn't. NY isn't lying, bringing up information like this for no reason.

imagesrdecievin
07-01-2010, 10:36 PM
If NY hired Marc Jackson no one would be talking about NY at all.
You need some type of proven coach in this league.
Does a Max FA want to play for Mike or Marc Jackson?

Mike does want his team to play D, but how can you play D when your GM gets Duhon/AL to pair along with Lee? Only 4 players on our team played any sort of D the last 2 seasons and all 4 are coming back. So we have a defensive core to surround with whoever we get. Whether we get any one important remains to be seen.

If we don't gut our roster we aren't in 2010 at all. We have Jamal/Zach to be our best players. That's why 2010 is well worth the chance, even if we miss out we can build a team correctly. Not tied down to bad players anymore.

there's more than one way to skin a cat - but I'd like to believe that the draft really is the best way to build a team. I understand that Isiah left your team/cap in shambles but the Jordan Hill trade was craziness imo. Giving up a 1st and allowing Houston to swap positions with you is going to come back to bite you in the ***.

In theory - Houston can have the #2 pick(via the Knicks next year) and the #6 pick the following year(again via the knicks). And if LBJ passes - then the chance of those being lotto picks are pretty good.

Your squad was in between a rock and a hard place - and your GM decided to double-down. bornknick talks about fear...

I'd be scared shitless if I were a knick fan of striking out!

Bornknick73
07-01-2010, 10:36 PM
[/B]

:laugh2: :laugh2: Haters? You guys have haters? Those aren't 'haters' those are 'realist'.

Dude your team just won 12 games and lost out on Jon Wall. We supposedly have a worse team but somehow won twice as many games. For a 12 win team you shouldnt even be talking!

lakers4sho
07-01-2010, 10:37 PM

This is exactly why no one takes Knicks fans seriously.

Reyes6
07-01-2010, 10:38 PM
All I said that logically it is very difficult to see LeBron signing with NY.

Imagine you are a free agent in your prime and you are told you can join a team with 4 very young players and swapped pick with the Rockets for next year, and possibility of a loss of a pick in 2012. Franchises are built on draft picks majority of the time, JB can give you the stats.

But if I was LeBron I'd see New York as me having to be a Savior, which I couldn't do in Cleveland even with my best efforts in 2007. Sure they have a big market, but Cleveland has been good to me, Chicago gives me the ability to compare to Jordan, Miami gives me a guaranteed Superstar in Wade, and the Nets give me a great young core to surround myself with and picks in upcoming drafts.

If I was LeBron I'd stay in Cleveland, I just feel NY is the 3-legged horse in the race.

imagesrdecievin
07-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Dude your team just won 12 games and lost out on Jon Wall. We supposedly have a worse team but somehow won twice as many games. For a 12 win team you shouldnt even be talking!

focus on the 12 win season if it makes you feel better here and now - for the forseeable future I doubt I hear you comparing the Nets to the Knicks in any way, shape or form. We are poised to make moves with or without Lebron.

Where will you be when your inside straight doesn't pan out?

NYK|NYY
07-01-2010, 10:41 PM
there's more than one way to skin a cat - but I'd like to believe that the draft really is the best way to build a team. I understand that Isiah left your team/cap in shambles but the Jordan Hill trade was craziness imo. Giving up a 1st and allowing Houston to swap positions with you is going to come back to bite you in the ***.

In theory - Houston can have the #2 pick(via the Knicks next year) and the #6 pick the following year(again via the knicks). And if LBJ passes - then the chance of those being lotto picks are pretty good.

Your squad was in between a rock and a hard place - and your GM decided to double-down. bornknick talks about fear...

It's definitely worrisome but we've had no draft picks and no cap space before so it's not the worst thing in the world for the Knicks.

VinceCarter
07-01-2010, 10:41 PM
focus on the 12 win season if it makes you feel better here and now - for the forseeable future I doubt I hear you comparing the Nets to the Knicks in any way, shape or form. We are poised to make moves with or without Lebron.

x2
Thanks I need a break.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
07-01-2010, 10:42 PM
You guys all act like Lebron would be coming to New York alone. If Lebron comes, a friend or two is not far behind. You guys honestly believe that a team with Lebron and a friend(s) would be bad?

NYK|NYY
07-01-2010, 10:44 PM
You guys all act like Lebron would be coming to New York alone. If Lebron comes, a friend or two is not far behind. You guys honestly believe that a team with Lebron and a friend(s) would be bad?

I think peoples hatred for NY causes them to be a bit irrational.

29$JerZ
07-01-2010, 10:45 PM

I hate the trade too but I can't say it 100% sucks until we see what happens. Unlike Hinrich/Cook who are good players yet still needed a 1st to be added to trade them for CAP Jared Jefferies is the definition of a bum.

Taking Jefferies hurt there chances of flat out signing Bosh so they wanted a lot.

And I say it again, you know how bad Isiah left the team. How can you get better with the roster he gave us? Hill at least gave us a chance at 2 Max since we like Miami are the only 2 teams who can legitimately offer 2 Max. Donnie also got our PG in Toney Douglass in the same Draft as Hill so he did use the draft to help the team. It's risky but it needed to be done, NY needs a star.

All I said that logically it is very difficult to see LeBron signing with NY.

Imagine you are a free agent in your prime and you are told you can join a team with 4 very young players and swapped pick with the Rockets for next year, and possibility of a loss of a pick in 2012. Franchises are built on draft picks majority of the time, JB can give you the stats.

But if I was LeBron I'd see New York as me having to be a Savior, which I couldn't do in Cleveland even with my best efforts in 2007. Sure they have a big market, but Cleveland has been good to me, Chicago gives me the ability to compare to Jordan, Miami gives me a guaranteed Superstar in Wade, and the Nets give me a great young core to surround myself with and picks in upcoming drafts.

If I was LeBron I'd stay in Cleveland, I just feel NY is the 3-legged horse in the race.

So going to NY as a savior is a bad thing but playing with your home towns hated team in Chicago, or going to a team who barely got 10 wins, or going to a city who already has a ring thanks to Wade is a lot better?

NBA Free agents > draft picks.
You can build off LeBron, Bosh,role players,etc
Rookies are always hit or miss.

It's your opinion though, like I have mine's. I just don't see why playing for NY is very bad when all the places he can go or stay aren't exactly a dream.

JonnyBrav000
07-01-2010, 10:46 PM

LOL dude be serious, jay-z and Prokhorov are not bigger than Manhattan. Without Manhattan there is no NYC. Since when do all the entertainment industries and tourist flock to Brooklyn rather than Manhattan? Matter of fact what is there to do in Brooklyn without getting shot??? Nothing.

By the way, what can Jay-z even offer Lebron??? Nothing, Lebron is not a rapper, and Jay-z is not a billionaire, Beyonce makes more money than he does, plus he only owns like 2% of the team, give me a break, that guy has a king complex. I understand Prokhorov is a multi-billionaire and could have global success, but Dolan is no slouch and own media outlets in the US, if the knicks can pick up Stoudamire or Boozer and sign ray allen or trade for Tony Parker (trade chandler, RJ is leavin Spurs) than the Knicks become very attractive as a franchise with Gallo looking like a future star, then Curry comes off the books next year, the team can just keep getting better.

The Nets may be a better team for next season, but in the long run, the Knicks would be the smarter play. I truly think so.

oak2455

LeBron is gonna be rich no matter where he goes...that's the fact of it all. All that money isn't anything without a CHAMPIONSHIP RING.

Knicks Owner: Hey, here's a boatload full of american dollars and russian rubles
LeBron: You got any NBA Championships in here?
Knicks Owner: Uhh, we got the guy we traded Nate Robinson for...how about that?
LeBron: I think....yeah I think I'll go to the Chicago Bulls. I'll take the $690 million, 7 Championships, and a bigger statue than Michael Jordan.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: You must be 15 years old:facepalm:

Bornknick73

We'd still be sitting on a ton of money and options which i am perfectly fine with. And I wont hate on the Nets im born and raised in Brooklyn and ill root for them. Besides someone has to save them from irrelevance in NJ might as well be NYC.

jjohnson154
07-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Lebron going to the Knicks this year is like Tom Brady going to the Lions next year.

Melo15
07-01-2010, 10:47 PM

I don't think it would be bad but I don't think it would make them a contender. Obviously they'd be top 3 in the East but nothing more in my opinion. With D'Antoni's system LeBron would put up monster numbers but I don't think he wants to be in a no defense system. He has grown to love defense and wants his team to be a strong defensive team because he knows thats how you win championships. I think eventually New York could give him a strong supporting cast but I don't think they will anytime soon and that will worry him.

bkmikeyy
07-01-2010, 10:48 PM

top 5 protected...the draft is actually not the best way to build its very hit and miss...notice that its usually the same teams in the lottery and every year one or two get out because they get lucky.

jjohnson154
07-01-2010, 10:49 PM
[/B]
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: You must be 15 years old:facepalm:

Yes....yes I am.

Just saying how ridiculous the claim of 2 BILLEEEONNN DOLLARS is.

NYK|NYY
Lebron going to the Knicks this year is like Tom Brady going to the Lions next year.

Yeah...

lakers4sho

But LeBron and a friend means that NYK will already be close (if not already) to the salary cap. LeBron and 5 or so friends won't be enough for a team, nevermind contending team, nevermind championship caliber team.

imagesrdecievin
07-01-2010, 10:50 PM
It's the homer in me for sure - but NJ is a dream come true. The best of both worlds - a team that will be able to compete right away and the biggest market in the world(two years isn't that long at all).

Plus the ego factor - moving to Brooklyn + our lack of history = Lebron will be the founding father. His legacy will be guaranteed. He could come in win some championships and have his own statue.

In Chicago he can win three straight championships and still only be half as good as the greatest player the Bulls have ever seen.

*disclaimer* I was wearing red, white and blue glasses when I wrote this *disclaimer*

Melo15

While I agree that LeBron isn't likely to go to the Knicks you're just making yourself look like an idiot.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
I don't think it would be bad but I don't think it would make them a contender. Obviously they'd be top 3 in the East but nothing more in my opinion. With D'Antoni's system LeBron would put up monster numbers but I don't think he wants to be in a no defense system. He has grown to love defense and wants his team to be a strong defensive team because he knows thats how you win championships. I think eventually New York could give him a strong supporting cast but I don't think they will anytime soon and that will worry him.

A top 3 team in the East is not a contender? The Celtics were a 4 and they went to the championship. Not to mention our roster would have much more potential and flexibility then just about every team out therre. Mike D does not play in a no defense system, its just an assumption made by many(cough ESPN). In New York he had no players committed to defense(except Gallo, TD, and Chandler, all of whom are still around) which is why our defense was below average. New York could give Lebron in one offseason a better team then he had with the Cavs in 7 years(as could the Bulls and Heat IMO).

uknowmyname
07-01-2010, 10:51 PM

Right! And Rivera the greatest closer in history...I haven't even seen his commercials. I could run a BS algorithm too.

imagesrdecievin
07-01-2010, 10:51 PM
top 5 protected...the draft is actually not the best way to build its very hit and miss...notice that its usually the same teams in the lottery and every year one or two get out because they get lucky.

the one pick is #1 overall protected - the other pick(the swap I believe is top 5 protected).

RapOZo
07-01-2010, 10:52 PM
people need to consider that Lebron can make Any team including knicks a title contender, exactly what he did to Cleveland in about 2-4 seasons, so why shouldn't he just go for the money??

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
07-01-2010, 10:53 PM
But LeBron and a friend means that NYK will already be close (if not already) to the salary cap. LeBron and 5 or so friends won't be enough for a team, nevermind contending team, nevermind championship caliber team.

We would then have 8-10 under contract plus Eddy Curry's expiring(which we have seen has very good value) plus vet mins plus plenty of time until the Feb. trade deadline to add bench pieces.

bkmikeyy
It's the homer in me for sure - but NJ is a dream come true. The best of both worlds - a team that will be able to compete right away and the biggest market in the world(two years isn't that long at all).

Plus the ego factor - moving to Brooklyn + our lack of history = Lebron will be the founding father. His legacy will be guaranteed. He could come in win some championships and have his own statue.

In Chicago he can win three straight championships and still only be half as good as the greatest player the Bulls have ever seen.

*disclaimer* I was wearing red, white and blue glasses when I wrote this *disclaimer*

First off there is NOTHING that shows the Nets are ready to compete... the team was like 7-63 at one point Nets fans really need to calm down, obv some players put up good numbers somebody has too it is the NBA after all only fact and not opinion in this argument is that the nets were a late run away from being the worst team in NBA HISTORY!!!

Second you state he can't wait a year for the Knicks to spend another 11 million in 2011 to secure a deep team, but state him spending two years in New Jersey is not a long time...definitely a homer.

Bornknick73
If he leaves Cleveland thats bad enough, ******** on his home town. But playing for the Bulls in the same division is worse then slapping everyone in the state of Ohio bending them over and....you know the rest. He may leave and he may not but once he leaves I cant see him hurting the fans of Ohio for years to come. How would he ever be able to return to Ohio? They will hate him for leaving, they will kill him for joining the Bulls. Thats low, real low.

jjohnson154
07-01-2010, 10:54 PM
While I agree that LeBron isn't likely to go to the Knicks you're just making yourself look like an idiot.

I know. I'm just an attention whore.

imagesrdecievin
A top 3 team in the East is not a contender? The Celtics were a 4 and they went to the championship. Not to mention our roster would have much more potential and flexibility then just about every team out therre. Mike D does not play in a no defense system, its just an assumption made by many(cough ESPN). In New York he had no players committed to defense(except Gallo, TD, and Chandler, all of whom are still around) which is why our defense was below average. New York could give Lebron in one offseason a better team then he had with the Cavs in 7 years(as could the Bulls and Heat IMO).

his history in Phoenix/overseas seems to support the idea that D'Antoni would prefer to outscore you rather than out defend you.

p.s. Toney Douglas is underrated outside of NY - I appreciate his toughness and energy on defense.

NYK|NYY
Right! And Rivera the greatest closer in history...I haven't even seen his commercials. I could run a BS algorithm too.

Don't want to get into this, but Lebron plays Basketball and his popularity approaches what Michael Jordan's was, and something tells me you can't run an algorithm. The Knicks aren't going to come in there and insult the guy, the thing you are forgetting is EVERYONE is saying he stands to gain by coming to NY(money). There is something to it.

oak2455
07-01-2010, 10:55 PM

hmmmm post 12 will be:confused:

Gators123
07-01-2010, 10:55 PM

Seriously, you don't think Brady will be a Lion next year? :sigh:

Melo15
07-01-2010, 10:56 PM

Actually no I don't think a top 3 team in the East is a contender. The Celtics are a unique team this year in the sense that they started off really hot then dealt with injuries and basically just waited for the postseason to play the way they know how.

However, was anyone nervous about Atlanta winning the championship this year? I don't think anyone thought they were a contender and it is because the Eastern Conference is very top heavy. After next year that will likely change once Boston is even older and likely a new coach but Orlando will still be better. That Knicks team is still very small and you need quality depth to be able to win a title. Look at the amount of depth that the Lakers and Celtics had, thats why I don't think the Knicks with LBJ and Bosh would win it and I don't think Bosh Wade and LBJ in Miami would either.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
07-01-2010, 10:56 PM
his history in Phoenix/overseas seems to support the idea that D'Antoni would prefer to outscore you rather than out defend you.

p.s. Toney Douglas is underrated outside of NY - I appreciate his toughness and energy on defense.

Mike definitely is a better offensive mind, but that doesn't mean he doesn't preach defense. I won't be able to find it now, but there are stats that show Mike's Suns teams were better on defense then this years team(which was often cited for being successful because of improved D).

...and yeah, TD is the perfect PG next to a ball handling superstar-good defense, good shot, ability to score.

Bornknick73
07-01-2010, 10:57 PM

Word! Ask the Clippers how well the last 10 years of lottery have fared for them.

oak2455
07-01-2010, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE=jjohnson154;13900760]Yes....yes I am.

Just saying how ridiculous the claim of 2 BILLEEEONNN DOLLARS is.[/QUO

almost as your spelling:facepalm:

SDBearsFan
07-01-2010, 10:59 PM
So Lebron James can make 2 billion dollars from endorsements, thus making more than Tiger Woods and Michael jordan combined? GTFO with those numbers, I call ********.

Bornknick73
07-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Systems dont play defense, players play defense. You get players who play defense and the rest takes care of itself. You can preach defense till the cows come home, if you dont have the players who play defense it doesnt matter.

Reyes6
07-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Word! Ask the Clippers how well the last 10 years of lottery have fared for them.

Gave them Eric Gordon, which the Knicks passed up on.

NYK|NYY
07-01-2010, 11:00 PM
So Lebron James can make 2 billion dollars from endorsements, thus making more than Tiger Woods and Michael jordan combined? GTFO with those numbers, I call ********.

I'm sure it factors in his brand exploding, all the merchandise he would sell etc

29$JerZ
07-01-2010, 11:01 PM

For Danilo Gallinari who led the league in 3 pointers.

NYK|NYY
07-01-2010, 11:02 PM

Hurt in his only year of college and he looked like a VERY streaky shooter coming out. If I remember right he sucked after he came back from his injury. Definitely turned out great, but you can understand us passing on him.

*He was also considered a bit of a tweener

VinceCarter
First off there is NOTHING that shows the Nets are ready to compete... the team was like 7-63 at one point Nets fans really need to calm down, obv some players put up good numbers somebody has too it is the NBA after all only fact and not opinion in this argument is that the nets were a late run away from being the worst team in NBA HISTORY!!!

Second you state he can't wait a year for the Knicks to spend another 11 million in 2011 to secure a deep team, but state him spending two years in New Jersey is not a long time...definitely a homer.

Let's compare lineups LeBron on the Nets vs his contending Cavs

Harris>Mo
Lee>Parker
LBJ=LBJ
Favors<Antawn
Brook>Shaq

Devin is a top 10 PG and Brook is a top 3 Center. You can't tell me this lineup wouldn't compete:

Harris
Lee/FA upgrade
LBJ
Bosh/Boozer/Amare/David Lee
Brook

bryan71023
Enough is Enough! Why would LeBron want to play under Michael Jordan's Shadow in Chicago? Why would LeBron want to play in a Dwayne Wade team in Miami. Why would LeBron want to play in a team who's their best player is Gallinari in New York. The only two teams that make sense are the NJ Nets and Cleveland. However, as a Nets fan I'm not saying he's going to come over to Jersey, all I'm saying is it makes sense for him to play for the Nets over Chicago, Miami, and New York. In the end no matter how much you guys argue about where the hell LeBron will end up, he will stay in the CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!!

Bornknick73
07-01-2010, 11:03 PM

They got Blake Griffen too. Still hasnt added up to anything, neither has Chris Kaman or Elton Brand. For all thier lottery success and players picked they still havent done **** with it. And we werent the only ones to pass on him.

29$JerZ
07-01-2010, 11:08 PM

Harris>Mo
Lee>Parker
LBJ=LBJ
Favors<Antawn
Brook>Shaq

Devin is a top 10 PG and Brook is a top 3 Center. You can't tell me this lineup wouldn't compete:

Harris
Lee/FA upgrade
LBJ
Bosh/Boozer/Amare/David Lee
Brook

Even though I agree with you I know you'll agree that the rest of the league doesn't view your team like your own fan base does, it's a NY/NJ think :)

Harris didn't play like a top 10 PG but he very easily can if healthy.
That lineup would compete so but would any lineup with LeBron and Bosh/insert PF here.

VinceCarter
Enough is Enough! Why would LeBron want to play under Michael Jordan's Shadow in Chicago? Why would LeBron want to play in a Dwayne Wade team in Miami. Why would LeBron want to play in a team who's their best player is Gallinari in New York. The only two teams that make sense are the NJ Nets and Cleveland. However, as a Nets fan I'm not saying he's going to come over to Jersey, all I'm saying is it makes sense for him to play for the Nets over Chicago, Miami, and New York. In the end no matter how much you guys argue about where the hell LeBron will end up, he will stay in the CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!!

After getting caught up in all this **** I keep forgetting I feel that the chances LeBron stays with Cleveland is about 90%...so wrapped up in this arguement :sigh:

NYK|NYY
I just want to say that I think the Nets have a better core for Lebron to come 2, but if he does choose to come to the Knicks, he's not going to be surrounded by just Gallinari and Eddie Curry's dead body.

oak2455
07-01-2010, 11:09 PM
After getting caught up in all this **** I keep forgetting I feel that the chances LeBron stays with Cleveland is about 90%...so wrapped up in this arguement :sigh:

You do like the Yankees so thats a plus:eyebrow:

Slimsim
07-01-2010, 11:11 PM
The Draft is a hit or miss situation NJ only won 12 games and got the 3rd pick. They missed out on turner and wall. Favors is no Franchise changer Harris and Lopez only won 12 games and yet nets fan act like they are all good and gravy.

Noah has been very overrated for the pass months he's no Dwight Howard. Rose might be a All star talent But Do you think Rose and LBJ can really win a championship ? Neither LBJ or rose are good outside shooters.

Bornknick73
07-01-2010, 11:12 PM

Harris>Mo
Lee>Parker
LBJ=LBJ
Favors<Antawn
Brook>Shaq

Harris
Lee/FA upgrade
LBJ
Bosh/Boozer/Amare/David Brook

Lopez has skills no doubt but saying hes a top 3 C when there are only like 3-4 good ones in the whole NBA isnt saying much. This is a list of the supposed top 5 in the NBA last season. And at least 2 of them are PFs

http://sportige.com/top-5-centers-2009-2010-season-league/

Of course Brook is top 3 there isnt anyone outside of Howard.

Melo15
07-01-2010, 11:13 PM
The Draft is a hit or miss situation NJ only won 12 games and got the 3rd pick. They missed out on turner and wall. Favors is no Franchise changer Harris and Lopez only won 12 games and yet nets fan act like they are all good and gravy.

Noah has been very overrated for the pass months he's no Dwight Howard. Rose might be a All star talent But Do you think Rose and LBJ can really win a championship. Neither LBJ or rose are good outside shooters.

I agree that LeBron and Rose don't mesh well at all but they likely could someone like Kyle Korver relatively cheap. Actually seeing some of the deals that teams are giving for all you know Kyle Korver might get a max offer from the Timberwolves.

bryan71023

I want LeBron to come to the Nets as much more than the next net fan, but I just don't see him leaving Cleveland.

FLWolvesFan
Why, doesn't everyone know that playing in NY will make you 10x richer than anywhere else with all the endorsements and everything? David Lee, Eddy Curry, and Gallinari are everywhere! Do you think really think they'd have all these endorsements if they played in San Antonio or Cleveland? Let's not kid ourselves, all the best free agents for years now have been begging to go to the Knicks but they've all been turned down.....all just a grand scheme knowing that this year the King will come to NY, and all the others will follow-heck they'll probably play for free just to be with Lebron and in NY!

fishfan79
07-01-2010, 11:15 PM
dumb thread he can make 2 billion anywhere NYC does not offer anything different then any other major city in the world anymore.

Basically some desperation hype since nj and nyc might get locked out of big names

NYK|NYY
Why, doesn't everyone know that playing in NY will make you 10x richer than anywhere else with all the endorsements and everything? David Lee, Eddy Curry, and Gallinari are everywhere! Do you think really think they'd have all these endorsements if they played in San Antonio or Cleveland? Let's not kid ourselves, all the best free agents for years now have been begging to go to the Knicks but they've all been turned down.....all just a grand scheme knowing that this year the King will come to NY, and all the others will follow-heck they'll probably play for free just to be with Lebron and in NY!

I will marinate in that, thank you.

bryan71023

Dude, If you're LEBRON JAMES you will sell anywhere!

The Dream

Lol I've read some extremely dumb things in this thread already. I'm only on page 6 but I had to respond to this one.

Johan was traded to the Mets and signed an extension. How did he choose the Yankees over the Mets when he was already on the Mets? LOL

Why would we get K-Rod if we have the best closer of all time? LOL

And why the hell would the Yankees sign Beltran? Look at him now .. :facepalm:

Hahah Met fans...

NYK|NYY
07-01-2010, 11:16 PM
dumb thread he can make 2 billion anywhere NYC does not offer anything different then any other major city in the world anymore.

Basically some desperation hype since nj and nyc might get locked out of big names

You really think so?

ILMindState
07-01-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm sure it factors in his brand exploding, all the merchandise he would sell etc

Pretty sure the Jordan brand, which wasn't started in New York, is doing just fine. 2 Billion playing for the Knicks hahaha

VinceCarter
07-01-2010, 11:23 PM

Obviously Curry is not everywhere because the Chicago Police can't find him.

thenetslegend
07-01-2010, 11:26 PM

i hoped they checked mcdonalds..

VinceCarter
07-01-2010, 11:33 PM
i hoped they checked mcdonalds..

I think he's more of a KFC

thenetslegend
07-01-2010, 11:36 PM
I think he's more of a KFC

by the look of him he makes a stop at all the fast food places

sargon21
07-01-2010, 11:41 PM
the nets are no slouch, idc bout tht debacle last year, harris is better than he was last year and lopez is a good young C, eventho he's a lil overrated on this site, but as a bulls fan their team is the one im most worried about in competition with us, the only thing that really hurts them imo is b/c of newark, if they were going to be in brooklyn right away they would have a much better chance

MIKE&IKE's
07-01-2010, 11:41 PM

shut up and watch the kid play cuz from what your saying i bet 2 billion dollars that youv maybe watched three games with gallo playing. his defense is solid youv just never seen him play so PLEASE dont make comments that have no basis

FLWolvesFan
07-01-2010, 11:43 PM

They only place they can find him now is on TV endorsing products!:D

Evolution23
07-01-2010, 11:43 PM
I love how all the haters are getting mad. lmao

ohreally
07-01-2010, 11:44 PM
I think the slide show was a joke. Who created the LeBron brand? Where was it created? Would the brand be where it is today if LeBron started in New York? I'm a Knick fan, but I think not.

I never saw Ewing raking in this dough, Barkley never played in New York, but his brand is doing OK. Reggie Miller's brand is also probably pretty good. Tiger has no real association with New York.

If LeBron really wants to prostitute himself to the max making some lame local used car commercials, okay, he could make a lot of them in New York.

I don't know, but I think LeBron is smarter than to fall for this. Donnie would have done better actually trying to rebuild for two years before making his pitch rather than relying on this c***.

Chill_Will_24
07-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Pretty sure the Jordan brand, which wasn't started in New York, is doing just fine. 2 Billion playing for the Knicks hahaha

I think its precisely because od the Jordan brand that Lebron might need NY. The Jordan brand set the bar so high that it will be impossible for even the best player of this generation to achieve that level with his own brand. Jordan did it in Chicago because during his time his immense talent combined with the popularity of the NBA back then coincided perfectly. He was impossibly good and mesmerized nations. He was the clear best and there was none as good as he before him. Also unlike today, during the Jordan era, shoe deals were actually rare. Today every rookie that comes into the league with some hype gets a shoe deal. Therefore in order for Lebron to reach that level of marketability he would need the biggest market. This is all my own opinion thou so dont flame me to badly

sargon21
07-01-2010, 11:48 PM
LeBron James should consider one thing above all: winning

By Michael Wilbon
Friday, July 2, 2010

This LeBron James decision shouldn't be all that difficult, really. He's going to make about $20 million a year wherever he signs to play. He's going to earn as much as another $50 million a year off the court whether he's playing for the Knicks, Clippers, Bulls, Heat, Nets or Cavaliers. It's not like LeBron is choosing between New York and Missoula, Mont. There's not a Sacramento or Oklahoma City among the free agent suitors. His lifestyle isn't going to vary much from one city to another because he's going to be filthy stinking Powerball rich wherever he goes. He'll have a gated estate and bodyguards, never fly commercial and have access to anything and everything the world has to offer.

The notion that he somehow needs New York City is beyond preposterous. Madison Avenue has been known to travel. If fame and fortune found Brett Favre in Green Bay, Wis., or for that matter LeBron in Cleveland, then he doesn't need New York.

Given that LeBron has said more than once that he wants to win championships, plural, and that he wants to be considered one of the greatest players ever, his decision ought to come down essentially to one thing: Where can he win and win quickly? The only way to enhance his brand, the only way to grow the business of Being LeBron, the only way to take his place alongside the greats in his profession is to win championships. He'll have more pressure to win next year than any player has ever had in his life, and he might as well make his call with that in mind.

He's completed seven NBA seasons already without winning a title. Any examination of league history tells us that even though LeBron's only 25 years old, he's still got no more than eight additional years (presuming relative health) of great basketball in him. Nobody in the history of the game has had more than that. It's not the age, it's the mileage. At the age of 25 Michael Jordan had played in 312 regular season games. At the age of 25 LeBron has played in 548 regular season games -- and LeBron won't be 26 until December.

In other words, LeBron's window of opportunity for winning multiple championships, which is how legendary greatness is measured in the NBA, isn't as wide open as his age suggests.

As a very, very smart NBA executive suggested to me recently, start taking real life factors into account. Wherever he goes, one year is likely to be lost to injury, either his or a critical teammate's. Another year is likely to be lost to another team being better. What, Kobe Bryant and the Lakers aren't going to seriously contend this coming season? Kevin Durant and Oklahoma City are young and potent. Another year is likely to be lost to a fluke, a Derek Fisher shot with four-tenths of a second left, or a Ralph Sampson, no-look turnaround, bounce-twice-off-the-rim- at-the-buzzer shot.

That takes LeBron down from eight potential championship seasons to five. Hell, Kobe's already got five. Shaq and Duncan have four. LeBron's not even in the conversation yet.

So going to New York, even with a second A-list free agent, would be a waste of two more years at least. Even if Chris Bosh went with him, who's the Knicks' point guard? Where's the rebounding help, the specialists you need to win a championship? The Knicks don't have any of those things and can't acquire them together for at least two seasons. The Nets are further along, but we're still talking a third season. Cleveland hasn't done a thing to improve its roster, but hiring Byron Scott, who took New Jersey to the NBA Finals twice, might be the best thing the Cavaliers could have done. Problem is, Scott is going to inherit a roster, even if LeBron stays, that will begin the season behind Orlando, behind Boston, and probably behind Miami and Chicago. That's fifth in the Eastern Conference alone.

LeBron doesn't have the luxury, if he's looking to put his face on basketball's Mount Rushmore, to open the season with the fifth-best roster in the East. The Wizards can take that approach to building a contender. It's fascinating to observe the difference the last two days between Chicago, where every single conversation in the nation's third-largest city these days seems to start with, "You think LeBron is coming?" and Washington, D.C., where new Wizards owner Ted Leonsis is divorced from the current LeBron madness.

Leonsis, answering a question, said, "It actually feels good to not be holding our collective breath right now . . . We will be the tortoise. We will rebuild slow and steady. We still want to win the race. Time will tell which plan works best." (At Redskins Park, Dan Snyder took note of this slow pace and asked: You can do that?)

Leonsis has two important things on his side: low expectations from his fan base and current success with building the Capitals with draft picks and smart trades -- in other words, slow and steady.

Expectations for LeBron James, wherever he goes, will rage completely out of control. So his choices should have been pared before team executives started flying to Akron to give their recruiting pitches.

Knicks? Out. They have to be one of the least attractive teams in the league for him to join, with the expectation of winning. If LeBron goes to New York -- and there are people in the Knicks organization who believe it's possible -- he'd enter Year 10 of his career with all the fame in the world and zero championships, which means he made the wrong decision.

Nets? Out. Not winning the lottery and being unable to draft John Wall seem to have killed New Jersey's chances.

Clippers? Out. They've got a roster worth considering but an owner of unimaginable incompetence.

He should be left with Miami, presuming Dwyane Wade stays and Pat Riley can convince two more premier players to come to South Beach; and Chicago, where the Bulls already have a top-notch playmaker (Derrick Rose) and a threat to lead the league in rebounding (Joakim Noah).

Want to switch gears and go to Houston, where the Rockets are ready and have the pieces to facilitate a sign-and-trade, and still will be left with a roster than can seriously contend? That's understandable. The Rockets' GM, Daryl Morey, has already had just such a conversation with Chris Bosh, who reportedly listened, but has no such pressure guiding his interests.

Morey made the point that Bosh can join a team or a celebrity trio in Miami, which might not be as suited to win now, even with Riley coaching, as the hype over having such a threesome would indicate.If you don't think role players are important to winning championships, take a look at all those plays made over the years during championship runs by guys such as Michael Cooper, John Paxson, Robert Horry, Steve Kerr, Ron Harper, the aforementioned D. Fisher. Even a guy like James Posey, who helped Boston win two years ago, doesn't work for food. It takes money. Miami might be able to find some. The Knicks? Not so much. But it's up to LeBron to decide this is an urgent situation. If winning is the only thing to him, this might be his best chance to jump-start that part of his career.

sargon21
07-01-2010, 11:49 PM

FLWolvesFan
07-01-2010, 11:53 PM
I'm hearing the Knick's humble financial guys have the decimal points off by a few, Lebron could actually stand to make 2 trillion dollars playing in the big apple!

VinceCarter
07-01-2010, 11:54 PM
LeBron James should consider one thing above all: winning

By Michael Wilbon
Friday, July 2, 2010

This LeBron James decision shouldn't be all that difficult, really. He's going to make about $20 million a year wherever he signs to play. He's going to earn as much as another $50 million a year off the court whether he's playing for the Knicks, Clippers, Bulls, Heat, Nets or Cavaliers. It's not like LeBron is choosing between New York and Missoula, Mont. There's not a Sacramento or Oklahoma City among the free agent suitors. His lifestyle isn't going to vary much from one city to another because he's going to be filthy stinking Powerball rich wherever he goes. He'll have a gated estate and bodyguards, never fly commercial and have access to anything and everything the world has to offer.

The notion that he somehow needs New York City is beyond preposterous. Madison Avenue has been known to travel. If fame and fortune found Brett Favre in Green Bay, Wis., or for that matter LeBron in Cleveland, then he doesn't need New York.

Given that LeBron has said more than once that he wants to win championships, plural, and that he wants to be considered one of the greatest players ever, his decision ought to come down essentially to one thing: Where can he win and win quickly? The only way to enhance his brand, the only way to grow the business of Being LeBron, the only way to take his place alongside the greats in his profession is to win championships. He'll have more pressure to win next year than any player has ever had in his life, and he might as well make his call with that in mind.

He's completed seven NBA seasons already without winning a title. Any examination of league history tells us that even though LeBron's only 25 years old, he's still got no more than eight additional years (presuming relative health) of great basketball in him. Nobody in the history of the game has had more than that. It's not the age, it's the mileage. At the age of 25 Michael Jordan had played in 312 regular season games. At the age of 25 LeBron has played in 548 regular season games -- and LeBron won't be 26 until December.

In other words, LeBron's window of opportunity for winning multiple championships, which is how legendary greatness is measured in the NBA, isn't as wide open as his age suggests.

As a very, very smart NBA executive suggested to me recently, start taking real life factors into account. Wherever he goes, one year is likely to be lost to injury, either his or a critical teammate's. Another year is likely to be lost to another team being better. What, Kobe Bryant and the Lakers aren't going to seriously contend this coming season? Kevin Durant and Oklahoma City are young and potent. Another year is likely to be lost to a fluke, a Derek Fisher shot with four-tenths of a second left, or a Ralph Sampson, no-look turnaround, bounce-twice-off-the-rim- at-the-buzzer shot.

That takes LeBron down from eight potential championship seasons to five. Hell, Kobe's already got five. Shaq and Duncan have four. LeBron's not even in the conversation yet.

So going to New York, even with a second A-list free agent, would be a waste of two more years at least. Even if Chris Bosh went with him, who's the Knicks' point guard? Where's the rebounding help, the specialists you need to win a championship? The Knicks don't have any of those things and can't acquire them together for at least two seasons. The Nets are further along, but we're still talking a third season. Cleveland hasn't done a thing to improve its roster, but hiring Byron Scott, who took New Jersey to the NBA Finals twice, might be the best thing the Cavaliers could have done. Problem is, Scott is going to inherit a roster, even if LeBron stays, that will begin the season behind Orlando, behind Boston, and probably behind Miami and Chicago. That's fifth in the Eastern Conference alone.

LeBron doesn't have the luxury, if he's looking to put his face on basketball's Mount Rushmore, to open the season with the fifth-best roster in the East. The Wizards can take that approach to building a contender. It's fascinating to observe the difference the last two days between Chicago, where every single conversation in the nation's third-largest city these days seems to start with, "You think LeBron is coming?" and Washington, D.C., where new Wizards owner Ted Leonsis is divorced from the current LeBron madness.

Leonsis, answering a question, said, "It actually feels good to not be holding our collective breath right now . . . We will be the tortoise. We will rebuild slow and steady. We still want to win the race. Time will tell which plan works best." (At Redskins Park, Dan Snyder took note of this slow pace and asked: You can do that?)

Leonsis has two important things on his side: low expectations from his fan base and current success with building the Capitals with draft picks and smart trades -- in other words, slow and steady.

Expectations for LeBron James, wherever he goes, will rage completely out of control. So his choices should have been pared before team executives started flying to Akron to give their recruiting pitches.

Knicks? Out. They have to be one of the least attractive teams in the league for him to join, with the expectation of winning. If LeBron goes to New York -- and there are people in the Knicks organization who believe it's possible -- he'd enter Year 10 of his career with all the fame in the world and zero championships, which means he made the wrong decision.

Nets? Out. Not winning the lottery and being unable to draft John Wall seem to have killed New Jersey's chances.

Clippers? Out. They've got a roster worth considering but an owner of unimaginable incompetence.

He should be left with Miami, presuming Dwyane Wade stays and Pat Riley can convince two more premier players to come to South Beach; and Chicago, where the Bulls already have a top-notch playmaker (Derrick Rose) and a threat to lead the league in rebounding (Joakim Noah).

Want to switch gears and go to Houston, where the Rockets are ready and have the pieces to facilitate a sign-and-trade, and still will be left with a roster than can seriously contend? That's understandable. The Rockets' GM, Daryl Morey, has already had just such a conversation with Chris Bosh, who reportedly listened, but has no such pressure guiding his interests.

Morey made the point that Bosh can join a team or a celebrity trio in Miami, which might not be as suited to win now, even with Riley coaching, as the hype over having such a threesome would indicate.If you don't think role players are important to winning championships, take a look at all those plays made over the years during championship runs by guys such as Michael Cooper, John Paxson, Robert Horry, Steve Kerr, Ron Harper, the aforementioned D. Fisher. Even a guy like James Posey, who helped Boston win two years ago, doesn't work for food. It takes money. Miami might be able to find some. The Knicks? Not so much. But it's up to LeBron to decide this is an urgent situation. If winning is the only thing to him, this might be his best chance to jump-start that part of his career.

I believe it is between the Cavs, Bulls, and Nets. I think the Cavs have the edge over the 3 though.

D-Block21-Chito
07-01-2010, 11:57 PM

The estimate dwarfed the $700 million he’d likely earn in Cleveland, the $690 million in Chicago, and $600 million in Miami.

This is useless garbage information. Its a new York company that has cleveland earning more than Chicago lol what a joke. Jordan is a billionare lol.. Useless info

sargon21
07-01-2010, 11:58 PM
I believe it is between the Cavs, Bulls, and Nets. I think the Cavs have the edge over the 3 though.

i agree, but i dont think theres any justifiable way the nets are ahead of the bulls in terms of roster, so thats why i think it'll come down to the last day, when the bulls and cavs have their meetings, but i think lbj will ***** out and go back to cleveland

hugh1130
07-02-2010, 12:01 AM
:laugh2:

The model they used must be extremely flawed if it predicts him to make LESS money in Chicago than Cleveland.

Are you serious?

If you had any education in science or engineering, you would realize the extreme prejudice in dismissing a method as flawed because the results where not what you wanted.

Genetic optimization is far from exact, and it may be the case that the conclusions are mostly hogwash, but if they are, predicting that LeBron will make more in cleveland then in chicago is not evidence to such.

VinceCarter
07-02-2010, 12:03 AM
i agree, but i dont think theres any justifiable way the nets are ahead of the bulls in terms of roster, so thats why i think it'll come down to the last day, when the bulls and cavs have their meetings, but i think lbj will ***** out and go back to cleveland

I think he will too but I think when it comes to the last day those 3 teams will be the ones in his head as possibilities. One thing the Nets may have on the Bulls which could be huge is Brook Lopez is a true center where Noah is not. Centers are really important pieces for championship teams.

sargon21
07-02-2010, 12:07 AM
I think he will too but I think when it comes to the last day those 3 teams will be the ones in his head as possibilities. One thing the Nets may have on the Bulls which could be huge is Brook Lopez is a true center where Noah is not. Centers are really important pieces for championship teams.

the thing is though we have so many good pieces set in place, and lbj needs to play next to a guy like rose an underrated playmaker and a beast at gettin in the lane, and also the flexibility to bring a guy like lee(most likely)/bosh/amare/boozer in along with lbj possibly

cmellofan15
07-02-2010, 12:07 AM
Knicks are destined to suck for the whole millennium. no way they get LeBron.

Cbast09
07-02-2010, 12:10 AM
So everyone here pretty much thinks the Heat have no chance at getting Lebron?

Chill_Will_24
07-02-2010, 12:12 AM

I agree.Regarless of who thinks Brook is overrated, the fact is he is 22 and uis already a top 3 center in the east, maybe the league. The Nets are the only suitor with a legit Center. If anything JNoah is the one that gets too uch credit. Yes hes good but hes only a garbage man that plays hard with no upside. Their only real advantage over everyone is at the PG spot but thats a spot where many of the suitors are ok at. Mo Williams was an all star and fitted Lebrons game a lot better than Rose would, yet Lebron still couldnt win. Devin Harris is also a good PG that will be healthy next season so he will most likely return to being an all star. Clips have Baron Davis. Not to mention CP3s name is being thrown around out there. Idk but i dont think CHI is as far ahead as they are being portrayed