PDA

View Full Version : Brad Miller to the Rockets? Cavs?

dolfan720
07-01-2010, 06:49 PM
@STEIN_LINE_HQ Free-agent C Brad Miller having dinner tonight w/HOU coach Rick Adelman, his ex-Kings boss. Miller was also scheduled to talk w/Cavs today

Hmmmmmm

BenFrank
07-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Perfect backup Center for Yao.. can play starter minute's.. and give Yao some rest

rhino17
07-01-2010, 07:02 PM
He'll end up in Houston I'm pretty sure.

tdunk21
07-01-2010, 07:02 PM
can play yao when he is injured

ROCKETMAN34
07-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Would love to see him in Houston. As said would be a great backup and has been in Ricks system before. Hope we can get it done and he should come cheap for us.

69centers
07-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Great investigative work here by not mentioning the Celtics, who already spoke to him today.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/07/source_celtics.html

bahama0811
07-01-2010, 07:15 PM
This says he's having serious talks with the Nuggets.

Four top teams searching for a center are among those pursuing a two-time All-Star

OK, so the best days are behind Brad Miller, 34. But Miller's agent, Mark Bartelstein, still said about a dozen teams have called about his client.

The four most interesting ones look to be Boston, Denver, Cleveland and Houston. The Celtics really need help inside due to starting center Kendrick Perkins having suffered a serious knee injury in Game 6 of last month's NBA Finals and backup Rasheed Wallace on the verge of retiring.

"If Kendrick Perkins is out and Rasheed Wallace retires, they're going to need someone,'' said Bartelstein, whose client averaged 8.8 points last season for Chicago.

Bartelstein said talks with Denver are serious. The Nuggets are looking for help inside due to big men Kenyon Martin and Chris Andersen recently having undergone knee surgery, and they'd love to have a true center and move Nene from the pivot to his natural position of power forward.

Cleveland certainly needs help inside, with both of the Cavaliers' centers, Shaquille O'Neal and Zydrunas Ilgauskas, being free agents. And the Rockets always have concerns about the health of starting center Yao Ming, who missed all of last season due to a foot injury.

Two other teams Bartelstein has talked to about Miller are Chicago and the Lakers.

Miller was an All-Star in 2003 with Indiana and 2004 with Sacramento. Although his scoring average was his lowest in 11 years, he's still a heady veteran who can keep foes off balance with his ability to hit an outside shot.

It's not the first time the Nuggets have gone after Miller. They offered him a maximum contract in the summer of 2003 before he got a seven-year, $68 million deal in a sign-and-trade between the Pacers and Kings. That deal finally has expired.

Bartelstein also represents New York free-agent forward David Lee. He said teams Lee will be visiting include Chicago, Miami, New Jersey and Minnesota.

fanhouse (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/01/brad-miller-celtics-rockets-cavs-nuggets/)

KH12
07-01-2010, 07:16 PM
There's no way he goes to the Cavs without LeBron.

I think it's Bulls or Rockets for Big Bad Brad.

FaM0us Skins
07-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Hope he signs with Houston

Kyben36
07-01-2010, 07:19 PM
hes working out for lots of teams, Cs included.

magichatnumber9
07-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Brad and Rondo BFFL, Oh god I just threw up in my mouth

Verbal Christ
07-01-2010, 07:23 PM
guy is a bulldog, with a silky jumper ... wouldnt mind him on the rockets, and he already knows the offense having played for adelman .. makes sense at the right price.

Kakaroach
07-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Yeah when a dozen teams call you know your a pretty good bench piece. He would be a good piece for any team, my guess is Houston to back up Yao who won't play a lot of minutes this season.

HouRealCoach
07-01-2010, 07:52 PM
They might end up with Yao, Bosh, Miller, Ariza, Martin, Brooks, Lowry, Chase, Battier, Patterson... Solid Squad

dolfan720
07-02-2010, 12:27 AM
I wouldnt mind seeing him in houston. Great backup for yao

Melo15
07-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Would really like to see him in Denver

D1JM
07-02-2010, 12:36 AM
brad miller going to get a 35 million contract

dabears2010
07-02-2010, 12:43 AM
They might end up with Yao, Bosh, Miller, Ariza, Martin, Brooks, Lowry, Chase, Battier, Patterson... Solid Squad

ha ha ha ha.........That was a joke right? solid squad?..........LOL

Yao is "Mr injury". He is far too frail and it's a matter of when, not if he'll get injured.

Bosh is definately not going to Houston. There are too many better opportunities for him (i.e. Miami, Chicago, New Jersey, etc...)

Miller will probably stay with the Bulls, but even if he does go to Houston, he's old and won't be able to play 48 minutes a game when Yao is injured. Yes he's a decent player, but not sure about "solid"

Ariza, Marin, Brooks????...........HA HA HA HA.......I don't need to address them

Battier?????? Are you kidding me? That dude is "dreadfull" as Simon Cowell would say.

Patterson????? WHO?

I know you are obviously a Rocket's fan, but be serious. All the players that you named are role players, NOT stars. Except Yao, who is always in a suit and tie anyways. Bosh will NOT be in Houston so he doesn't count.

numba1CHANGsta
07-02-2010, 12:44 AM
I can see Miller going to Hou since you never know with Yao anymore..

Mudvayne91
07-02-2010, 12:44 AM
brad miller going to get a 35 million contract

At his age? I seriously doubt that. I'm a little bias, but if he signed with the Nugs he'd probably get a lot more playing time.

dabears2010
07-02-2010, 12:47 AM

One more thing...........before you talk about a "solid squad", make sure you have some decent players on the team you are talking about. Yao is the ONLY decent player on Houston, but since he'll play 20 games at most, he doesn't count.

A real "SOLID SQUAD" is:

Rose
?
Deng
?
Noah
Gibson
Johnson

Even without a full team the Bulls are one of the best teams in the East right now. When they get a couple free agents (i.e. Bosh, Korver, Wade, etc...) the Bulls will be unstoppable

D1JM
07-02-2010, 12:49 AM
At his age? I seriously doubt that. I'm a little bias, but if he signed with the Nugs he'd probably get a lot more playing time.

How everyone is getting payed right now, i wouldnt be surprised.

Mudvayne91
07-02-2010, 12:49 AM
One more thing...........before you talk about a "solid squad", make sure you have some decent players on the team you are talking about. Yao is the ONLY decent player on Houston, but since he'll play 20 games at most, he doesn't count.

A real "SOLID SQUAD" is:

Rose
?
Deng
?
Noah
Gibson
Johnson

Even without a full team the Bulls are one of the best teams in the East right now. When they get a couple free agents (i.e. Bosh, Korver, Wade, etc...) the Bulls will be unstoppable

^ you don't consider Kevin Martin or Aaron Brooks decent players..........? I'd take those players over any of Bulls at this moment minus Rose and possibly Noah, possibly. Deng is solid too, but IDK if he's better

tr3ymill3r
07-02-2010, 12:52 AM

Yao is "Mr injury". He is far too frail and it's a matter of when, not if he'll get injured.

Bosh is definately not going to Houston. There are too many better opportunities for him (i.e. Miami, Chicago, New Jersey, etc...)

Miller will probably stay with the Bulls, but even if he does go to Houston, he's old and won't be able to play 48 minutes a game when Yao is injured. Yes he's a decent player, but not sure about "solid"

Ariza, Marin, Brooks????...........HA HA HA HA.......I don't need to address them

Battier?????? Are you kidding me? That dude is "dreadfull" as Simon Cowell would say.

Patterson????? WHO?

I think that post is a joke...I think you won't address Ariza, Martin or Brooks because you don't know what to say. I'll help you out though, Ariza is a champion, Martin granted has had his injuries but is a 20+ producer, and Brooks was the most improved player in the league. Battier is a defensive stopper just ask Kobe, any offense Battier produces is just extra. Patterson was the 14th overall pick from the best college team. He's a rookie and we aren't expecting 20 and 10 from him. Let me guess, you're the type of kid to get 2K games and force trades so the only guys you know are CP3, Kobe, LeBron, Bosh, and Dwight. Aside from that stay off the forums and go back to playing Xbox.

dabears2010
07-02-2010, 12:54 AM
Kevin Martin started out with an incredible year last year before his injury. He was averaging what 30 ppg 5 apg 5 rpg or something like that through his first 5 games. When he came back, he wasn't even close to as explosive, hence being traded. I don't think he's a STAR. I think he's a starting SG, but wouldn't put him in a class with other guards like Rose. I think Brooks is O.K. He's too undersized for the NBA and isn't the best shooter. If he was a solid knock down shooter, his size would be overlooked. I think personally I'd take Kyle Korver over Martin considering the skill-salary ratio.

Mudvayne91
07-02-2010, 12:54 AM
^ I jumped on that post too quick, I forgot Ariza is a beast too. He messed my Nugs up in the playoffs 2 years ago.

How everyone is getting payed right now, i wouldnt be surprised.

I know what you mean, but the guy is 34, I believe. I don't see him playing more than 3 years and paying him more than +10 mill is crazy, I think

dabears2010
07-02-2010, 12:59 AM
I think that post is a joke...I think you won't address Ariza, Martin or Brooks because you don't know what to say. I'll help you out though, Ariza is a champion, Martin granted has had his injuries but is a 20+ producer, and Brooks was the most improved player in the league. Battier is a defensive stopper just ask Kobe, any offense Battier produces is just extra. Patterson was the 14th overall pick from the best college team. He's a rookie and we aren't expecting 20 and 10 from him. Let me guess, you're the type of kid to get 2K games and force trades so the only guys you know are CP3, Kobe, LeBron, Bosh, and Dwight. Aside from that stay off the forums and go back to playing Xbox.

Ariza is a champion because he was on teams with good players like L.A. It has nothing to do with him. Good players don't bounce around from team to team.

Martin not only has injury problems, but is very inconsistant. ..... Much like Kirk Hinrich. And inconsistancy doesn't equal solid

Brooks was most improved because he was playing on a team with a bunch of scrubs so he stood out quite a bit. Most improved SHOULD'VE BEEN Joakim Noah, without a doubt.

And first off fool,,.......I'm not a KID. 2nd off........get your ****ing facts straight before you address me. 3rdly......we weren't even talking about fantasy sports you idiot, so maybe you should go back to YOUR Xbox. Battier isn't solid if he can't defend AND score. Stay off the forums until you learn something about basketball.

dabears2010
07-02-2010, 01:00 AM
~~~the end~~~

D1JM
07-02-2010, 01:03 AM
^ I jumped on that post too quick, I forgot Ariza is a beast too. He messed my Nugs up in the playoffs 2 years ago.

I know what you mean, but the guy is 34, I believe. I don't see him playing more than 3 years and paying him more than +10 mill is crazy, I think

lol i was just being a little sarcastic lol

dabears2010
07-02-2010, 01:04 AM
^ you don't consider Kevin Martin or Aaron Brooks decent players..........? I'd take those players over any of Bulls at this moment minus Rose and possibly Noah, possibly. Deng is solid too, but IDK if he's better

SO........basically....... except for all the Bulls' starters, you'd take Martin and Brooks over "any of Bulls at this moment"? That makes a whole lot of sense dummy. So you'd take Martin and Brooks over (2) second year players in James Johnson and Taj Gibson is what you're saying?

plpfctn
07-02-2010, 01:08 AM
he can only shoot. he has the stamina of a 50-year-old. be lucky if he plays more than 25 mins a game

Melo15
07-02-2010, 01:09 AM
SO........basically....... except for all the Bulls' starters, you'd take Martin and Brooks over "any of Bulls at this moment"? That makes a whole lot of sense dummy. So you'd take Martin and Brooks over (2) second year players in James Johnson and Taj Gibson is what you're saying?

I know I would

dabears2010
07-02-2010, 01:11 AM

1 game doesn't make a player "a BEAST". In 8 years Ariza has played 80 or more games just twice (04-05, 08-09). 72 last season and 57 in 06-07. After that his high for the other four seasons was 36 games. In this career for the so-called "beast", he's ONLY AVERAGED 8.4 ppg, 0.3 bpg, 1.2 spg, 1.8 apg, 4.1 rpg, 65% FT, 32% 3P, and 23.1 mpg. This is NOT a "beast" or "solid player".

smuffins353
07-02-2010, 01:12 AM

dude obviously you are straight hatin' on the rockets....how can you sit there and say that " oh, id take rose, noah, and deng over brooks, yao, martin"
you sound really ignorant.

dont hate on the H b/c were are gonna get CB4 and Bmiller

Htownballa1622
07-02-2010, 01:12 AM
Wow we have ignorant fans in here. Bulls are solid? Weren't they .500 in the EAST. Rockets missed their best player and sill were two games above .500. Bulls aren't getting lebron. Dream on. Noah is a little better varejao with an uglier shot. Rockets have all the pieces to contend. You've got to be kidding me.

dabears2010
07-02-2010, 01:13 AM
I know I would

You would what? take Martin and Brooks over Taj and James? Of course. They were rookies last year although Gibson performed very well. There is no way in hell that anyone in their right mind would take either of them over Derrick Rose or Noah. Maybe Deng cause he's pretty inconsistant, but I don't think I'd even take Martin over Deng.

Sox72
07-02-2010, 01:14 AM

A real "SOLID SQUAD" is:

Rose
?
Deng
?
Noah
Gibson
Johnson

Whoaaaa. Calm down. We were 8th in the East but now are minus a Kirk Hinrich. I don't know how we'd be one of the best in the East. I guess unless you mean one of the eight best.

Melo15
07-02-2010, 01:16 AM
You would what? take Martin and Brooks over Taj and James? Of course. They were rookies last year although Gibson performed very well. There is no way in hell that anyone in their right mind would take either of them over Derrick Rose or Noah. Maybe Deng cause he's pretty inconsistant, but I don't think I'd even take Martin over Deng.

Well obviously nobody would take them over Rose. But Noah is being overrated like crazy in here. The guy is like Varejao great energy and good defender. Nothing more, nothing less imo.

ABOMB_56
07-02-2010, 01:16 AM
You know what I find funny is the fact that the Rockets had a better record than the Bulls last year even though their best player (Yao Ming) was hurt for the majority of the year. Not to mention the drama of Tracy McGrady. Also, the fact the Rockets were in the WEST and had a better record than the Bulls who play in the lowly east. :laugh2: You sound really ignorant dabears2010

Htownballa1622
07-02-2010, 01:17 AM
Yeah but what you're saying is that the Bulls with a few superstars would be better than the rockets? OBVIOUSLY. But the rockets with they're team healthy and the Bulls withouta superstar and just having their team healthy is not as good as the rockets. Sorry

dabears2010
07-02-2010, 01:17 AM
dude obviously you are straight hatin' on the rockets....how can you sit there and say that " oh, id take rose, noah, and deng over brooks, yao, martin"
you sound really ignorant.

dont hate on the H b/c were are gonna get CB4 and Bmiller

First off, you may need to get your reading glasses out, cause I never said anything about Yao. Although I would definately take Rose, Noah, and Deng over Brooks Yao, and Martin. Noah would've lead the league in rebounds had he not gotten plantar fasciitis. He was 2nd when he got injured by like .2 rpg to Dwight Howard. And that was even with him playing 4-5 minutes a couple games. Rose is WAY BETTER than Martin OR Brooks. Yao doesn't ever stay on the court so I'd never want him on my team. Why pay someone the kind of $$ Yao makes for him to be injured. That is stupid. Ignorance is you saying that Brooks, Martin, and Yao are better than Rose, Noah, and Deng. You should probably study up before you post again pal.

dabears2010
07-02-2010, 01:18 AM
Bulls are better than the Rockets right now. They don't even need a couple MORE superstars.

Htownballa1622
07-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Yao brooks and Martin are better than rose Deng and Noah. Yao alone when healthy is unguardable.

Sox72
Bulls are better than the Rockets right now. They don't even need a couple MORE superstars.

I'm not sure that's something to be bragging about....

smuffins353
bulls are trash bro even w a superstar yall aint goin no where

Mudvayne91
07-02-2010, 01:20 AM

Some you Chicago fans never cease to amaze me. You don't think Aaron Brooks and Kevin Martin are decent players and I'm the "dummy". You're either like 13 years old or you've taken the short bus your whole life. Either way, talking to you is like talking to a wall.

ABOMB_56
07-02-2010, 01:21 AM

dude please stop :laugh2:
How could you possibly say that considering the fact the Rockets had a better record last year when they were in the West W/O Yao Ming. You can't possibly be serious.
Yao>>Noah or Rose or Deng

smuffins353
07-02-2010, 01:21 AM
quit ridin rose nutsack cuz he had 3 sick dunks last year
he is alright....not a superstar

abe_froman
07-02-2010, 01:22 AM
my guess is houston

dabears2010
07-02-2010, 01:23 AM
You know what I find funny is the fact that the Rockets had a better record than the Bulls last year even though their best player (Yao Ming) was hurt for the majority of the year. Not to mention the drama of Tracy McGrady. Also, the fact the Rockets were in the WEST and had a better record than the Bulls who play in the lowly east. :laugh2: You sound really ignorant dabears2010

Abomb.........you are just completely clueless of how basketball works. First off.......the Bulls were in the same division as the team with the best record in basketball (Cavs). You might be forgetting one important piece to the whole "Houston had a better record with their best player injured for the year" theory. The Rockets have built their team so that when Yao gets injured, they can still compete cause he's always injured, first of all. Also, The Bulls went on a 12 game losing streak in the last few weeks of the season because of Noah being injured. Also the Bulls traded away Tyrus Thomas and John Salmons to open up more cap space. And they STILL were a .500 team. SO study up a little but dumb ***.

Htownballa1622
07-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Lol at this poor Chicago fan being ganged up on. I guess that's what happens when you post things that don't make sense.

ABOMB_56
07-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Per 48 minute stats:
Yao Ming- 28 pts, 14 reb, 3 blocks
Joakim Noah-13.3 pts, 15 reb, 2.7 blocks
(Based on 08-09 season, which is Yao's most recent season)
08-09 was one of Yao's least productive seasons of his career. If you look at his 06-07 or 07-08 seasons his PPG jumps to about 33 points.

Htownballa1622
07-02-2010, 01:28 AM
So because Cleveland is in the same division as the Bulls that counts for the Bulls losing more? Weren't the cavs and bulls the only teams making the playoffs from that division. They're some decent guys that play for teams called the mavs and spurs in the rockets division btw

dabears2010
07-02-2010, 01:30 AM
quit ridin rose nutsack cuz he had 3 sick dunks last year
he is alright....not a superstar

You are just hating cause your team doesn't have Rose. Rose is by far a top 7 player in the NBA and he's only entering his 3rd year. He won ROY and was an all-star in his first 2 years. He carried the Bulls the whole season. He is definately a superstar. 20.8 ppg, .4 bpg, .7 spg, 6 apg, 3.8 rpg, 76 FT%, 49 FG%. In the playoffs in 5 games this season those numbers went up to 26.8 ppg, .8 spg, 7.2 apg, 3.4 rpg, 81 FT%, 33 3P%. His numbers have increased each of his first 2 years as he gets more comfortable. The only players better than Rose right now are LeBron (obviously), Kobe, Carmelo, Wade, Chris Paul, ......hmmm I know there's probably 1 or 2 more. I'm talking about players that would beat him in a 1 on 1 battle. Dwight Howard is a better rebounder (obviously because of his size, but not a better Player). Name 1 PG other than Paul who is better than Rose.

Htownballa1622
07-02-2010, 01:30 AM
Oh yah my point is. They play each other four times a year so what does having the best team your division mean?

Mochalman
07-02-2010, 01:31 AM
so...

1) rose is garbage. hes a decent passer, and has a very inconsistent shot.
2) rockets > bulls
3) brad miller wont go back to being a bull
4) cb4 wont be a rocket

so all in all, I would take the rockets over the bulls any day of the week.

Htownballa1622
07-02-2010, 01:32 AM
Basketball is played on teams of five. Not one on one. Just to let you know. Lol

ABOMB_56
07-02-2010, 01:33 AM
Winning % per division
Southwest Divison- 224-186 = .550
Central Division- 207-203 =.504 (And that is with the team that had the best record in the NBA)

Conference Record
Bulls-28-24
Rockets-28-24
Advantage, Rockets because they played in the Western Conference was by far the tougher conference between the two.

Point Differential Per Game:
Bulls- minus 1.6
Rockets- minus .4

So tell me how the Bulls are better than the Rockets?

Mudvayne91
I hate the guy, but D Will is amazing too. I'd probably take Williams over Rose, but it's not like you lose with either.

dabears2010
Mavs have Dirk and Spurs have Duncan (old) and Parker (old). What does that have to do with anything. You were talking about how the records supposedly tell us that the Rockets are better than the Bulls when the Bulls traded away half their starters last year and lost another for 18 games. They weren't worried about last year. They were worried about free agency. get a clue.

FOBolous
07-02-2010, 01:35 AM

Patterson????? WHO?

I know you are obviously a Rocket's fan, but be serious. All the players that you named are role players, NOT stars. Except Yao, who is always in a suit and tie anyways. Bosh will NOT be in Houston so he doesn't count.

Dude this is a team that won 22 games in a row and took the Lakers to 7 games in the 2nd round of the playoffs without a star, if these players aren't "solid" than who is?

Mochalman
07-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Name 1 PG other than Paul who is better than Rose.

deron williams
steve nash
stephen cury
tyreke williams
gilbert arenas
russell westbrook
brandon jennings
tony parker
rajon rondo

Melo15
07-02-2010, 01:36 AM
Come on now guys you've proven him wrong in a million ways now, lets get back to the topic lol Brad Miller makes a lot of sense for Houston, Boston, and Denver.

PraiseJesus
07-02-2010, 01:36 AM
I cant emphasize enough how little I care about this topic.

dabears2010
07-02-2010, 01:37 AM
so...

1) rose is garbage. hes a decent passer, and has a very inconsistent shot.
2) rockets > bulls
3) brad miller wont go back to being a bull
4) cb4 wont be a rocket

so all in all, I would take the rockets over the bulls any day of the week.

This comment just showed how ignorant you are. By saying Rose is garbage you lost all credibility you may have had.

1. "garbage" players don't get drafted #1 overall especially if they're a PG

2. "garbage" players don't get ROY

3. "garbage" players don't become all-stars in their 2nd year in the league

4. "garbage" players don't bring their team to consecutive playoff appearances in their first 2 years and create the BEST playoff series ever in their rookie year (against the Celtics).

5. "garbage" fans think they know what "garbage" players are when they really just know that their team is garbage so they have to go to a board to talk **** that is ascenind.

Htownballa1622
Williams is better. And get a clue? It was you bringing up Bulls being in the same division as thecavs. Bottom line. Points aren't valid and rockets team are better than Bulls unless Bulls land lebron which won't happen. Sorry. End of discussion

ABOMB_56
deron williams
steve nash
stephen cury
tyreke williams
gilbert arenas
russell westbrook
brandon jennings
tony parker
rajon rondo

Bolded ones yes.
Everyone else, no. Rose is a top 5 PG in the game. I dunno how DaBears thinks Rose is top 7.
LeBron
Wade
Paul
Williams
Rondo
Nash
Durant
Melo
Duncan
Nowitki
Kobe
Howard
Bosh
etc.

ABOMB_56
07-02-2010, 01:39 AM
Williams is better. And get a clue? It was you bringing up Bulls being in the same division as thecavs. Bottom line. Points aren't valid and rockets team are better than Bulls unless Bulls land lebron which won't happen. Sorry. End of discussion

Winning % per division
Central Division- 207-203 =.504 (And that is with the team that had the best record in the NBA)

Conference Record
Bulls-28-24
Rockets-28-24
Advantage, Rockets because they played in the Western Conference was by far the tougher conference between the two.

Bulls- minus 1.6
Rockets- minus .4

I would like to know why he attacks everyone else's posts but the one post that has stats backing up the claim the Rockets are better than the Bulls he totally ignores. Shows he is arguing just for the sake of arguing

PraiseJesus
07-02-2010, 01:39 AM
Bolded ones yes.
Everyone else, no. Rose is a top 5 PG in the game. I dunno how DaBears thinks Rose is top 7.
LeBron
Wade
Paul
Williams
Rondo
Nash
Durant
Melo
Duncan
Nowitki
Kobe
Howard
Bosh
etc.

Stephen Curry is the best PG in the league already.

Htownballa1622
07-02-2010, 01:41 AM
Very true melo 15. Yeah. I see rockets. Celtics and nuggets as most possible as well for miller.

ABOMB_56
07-02-2010, 01:41 AM
Stephen Curry is the best PG in the league already.

Not even close. Please tell me this is a joke
Williams, Paul, Rose, Rondo, Nash are all better than Curry

dabears2010
07-02-2010, 01:43 AM
deron williams
steve nash
stephen cury
tyreke williams
gilbert arenas
russell westbrook
brandon jennings
tony parker
rajon rondo

Deron Williams????----Rose had 20.8 ppg vs Williams' 18.7 ppg. Rose had .4 bpg vs Williams' .2 bpg. Rose had 6 apg vs williams' 10.5 apg (williams had way more shooters around to make the buckets after he passed to them), Rose had 3.8 rpg vs williams'. Rose had 48.9 FG% vs williams' 46.9 FG%. Williams was a little better at FT% (until the playoffs) and 3p% (rose has gotten better each year and doesn't take much). Rose is clearly, by the numbers, better than D Williams.

Melo15
07-02-2010, 01:43 AM

Lol don't worry he was joking man

Melo15
07-02-2010, 01:46 AM
Deron Williams????----Rose had 20.8 ppg vs Williams' 18.7 ppg. Rose had .4 bpg vs Williams' .2 bpg. Rose had 6 apg vs williams' 10.5 apg (williams had way more shooters around to make the buckets after he passed to them), Rose had 3.8 rpg vs williams'. Rose had 48.9 FG% vs williams' 46.9 FG%. Williams was a little better at FT% (until the playoffs) and 3p% (rose has gotten better each year and doesn't take much). Rose is clearly, by the numbers, better than D Williams.

:facepalm: I have an idea. Go to your room open your closet and shut the door. Please stay in there until further notice.

dabears2010
07-02-2010, 01:47 AM
Steve Nash is a stud, I admit. But he has lost his explosiveness to the basket. He can shoot better than pretty much everyone in the league, but without LeBron we'll see how many assists he can get from easy buckets. Stephen Cury isn't even close to better than Rose and neither is tyreke williams. Definately don't put Arenas in the same category as Rose. that dude is stuck on stupid. Westbrook not even close to better than Rose, Jennings not even close to better than Rose, Parker is old and a horrible shooter, Rondo can't shoot FG's or FT's for a guard (noah is better at both than him). He got a lot of assists cause he was passing to knockdown shooters like Ray Allen and Paul Pierce while Garnett was also hitting high % shots and Perkins and Baby were inside. You'll see Rose's assist numbers rise if the Bulls get shooters like Kyle Korver too.

ABOMB_56
07-02-2010, 01:49 AM
Lol don't worry he was joking man

:phew:

Htownballa1622
07-02-2010, 01:49 AM
LMAO^^^. Thank you

Htownballa1622
07-02-2010, 01:50 AM
Who's tyreke williams?

dabears2010
07-02-2010, 01:51 AM
Nash is the only PG better than Rose right now. For the guy above that listed Dirk, Duncan, Howard, and Bosh as better than Rose..........get a clue dude. Rose would school all of them in a 1 on 1 game. That is how you truly know who's is the better all-around player. They all have 1 thing Rose doesn't.........height. But rose would drive right around all 4 of them with his explosiveness. I'm done debating with morons that don't know the first thing about the NBA. Enjoy your pipe dreams kids.

dabears2010
07-02-2010, 01:52 AM
Who's tyreke williams?

good question. I was just replying as the names were written by that poster. Rose is better than Tyreke Evans too though.

ABOMB_56
07-02-2010, 01:53 AM
Steve Nash is a stud, I admit. But he has lost his explosiveness to the basket. He can shoot better than pretty much everyone in the league, but without LeBron we'll see how many assists he can get from easy buckets. Stephen Cury isn't even close to better than Rose and neither is tyreke williams. Definately don't put Arenas in the same category as Rose. that dude is stuck on stupid. Westbrook not even close to better than Rose, Jennings not even close to better than Rose, Parker is old and a horrible shooter, Rondo can't shoot FG's or FT's for a guard (noah is better at both than him). He got a lot of assists cause he was passing to knockdown shooters like Ray Allen and Paul Pierce while Garnett was also hitting high % shots and Perkins and Baby were inside. You'll see Rose's assist numbers rise if the Bulls get shooters like Kyle Korver too.

1. Steve Nash being a stud has nothing to do with LeBron considering they've never played together before. :confused:
2. Look up some stats before spewing stuff out of your *****. He is ranked the 7th best PG in the league according to PER and 41st in the league. So your top 7 player in the league is laughable. He is barely a top 7 PG.

Melo15
07-02-2010, 01:55 AM
Nash is the only PG better than Rose right now. For the guy above that listed Dirk, Duncan, Howard, and Bosh as better than Rose..........get a clue dude. Rose would school all of them in a 1 on 1 game. That is how you truly know who's is the better all-around player. They all have 1 thing Rose doesn't.........height. But rose would drive right around all 4 of them with his explosiveness. I'm done debating with morons that don't know the first thing about the NBA. Enjoy your pipe dreams kids.

Best...............statement................ever :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mudvayne91

Yep, averaging a double double is garbage. I like how you totally ignore the steals per game and a .100 pts higher for threes is a big difference. Just wave the white flag bud. No one is saying Rose is crap, let's just leave it at that PLEASE.

So Brad Miller would most likely get the most playing time in Denver (at least with the current roster). Houston seems like the front runners, but barring Boston losing Paul and Allen, they would have the best chance to win even though all three teams should make the playoffs. That is under assumption he'd get the same amount of money anywhere.

ABOMB_56

:laugh: :laugh: I don't know if I should laugh or be concerned at your lack of knowledge about basketball and way of judging skills.
Bosh-4
Dirk-9
Duncan-5
Howard-6
That is their PER ranking. Rose is ranked a paltry 41.

ABOMB_56
07-02-2010, 01:56 AM
Best...............statement................ever :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Is that statement of his sig material? :laugh2:

Htownballa1622
07-02-2010, 01:56 AM
One on one isn't how it works man. You're obviously young huh? Basketball is player by teams of five. You think because rose can beat someone one on one means he's better. LMAO. Get outta here man.

Melo15
07-02-2010, 01:58 AM
Is that statement of his sig material? :laugh2:

Without question :up:

FOBolous
07-02-2010, 01:58 AM
I would like to know why he attacks everyone else's posts but the one post that has stats backing up the claim the Rockets are better than the Bulls he totally ignores. Shows he is arguing just for the sake of arguing

:clap:

let me quote your post again:

Winning % per division

Conference Record
Bulls-28-24
Rockets-28-24

Bulls- minus 1.6
Rockets- minus .4

true 3 of the league's top teams are in the East but everyone else other than these 3 teams are pure garbage. many of these "playoff teams" in the East will have no chance cracking the top 8 if they were in the West. Houston, without a star, was a .500 team in the West and was in contention for the last playoffs spot until the very last minute. If Houston was in the East, i have no doubt that Houston would be a shoo in for the playoffs year after year.

and really...Derrick Rose is overrated. He's a solid player...yea...and i'm sure he will be great one of these day but as of right now...he is NOT a top point guard in the league. a good PG...yes. but one of the best in the league? no. dare i say it..as of right now, Aaron Brooks is just as good as Derrick Rose. Here's a comparison of their stats from last year:

Derrick Rose
PPG - 21
FG% - 50%
FT% - 77%
3PT% - 27%
RPG - 4
APG - 6
TO - 3
STL - 1

Aaron Brooks
PPG - 20
FG% - 43%
FT% - 82%
3PT% - 40%
RPG - 3
APG - 5
TO - 3
STL - 1

they averaged the same amount of points. While Rose shot better from the field overall, Brooks is by far the superior 3 pts shooter. Both are good free throw shooters though Brooks have the slight edge on that. Rose only averaged 1 more assists than Brooks and they averaged the same amount of rebounds and steals. Looks pretty even to me. The difference though...is that Brooks led his team to a BETTER record than Rose in a more competitive conference...in a tougher conference. so what does that tell you?

PraiseJesus
07-02-2010, 01:59 AM

You have your opinion, I have mine.

I would take Curry and his efficiency, 3pt%, and steals over any of those guys.

I am on on the Steph Curry bandwagon I think he is a once in a generation player. Very underrated by the average NBA fan.

Mochalman
07-02-2010, 01:59 AM
People like dabears is the reason I dont want to see LeBron anywhere near Chicago unless its to curb stomp them. Where were all these "fans" before any speculation of leBron to their team? no where.

ABOMB_56
07-02-2010, 02:01 AM
Rose's rankings amongst PG's using Hollinger's metrics

True Shooting %-32
Assist Ratio-Outside of top 50
Turnover Ratio-19
Usage Rate-2 (Which makes his low assist ratio even more laughable)
Offensive Rebound Rate-14
Defensive Rebound Rate-42
Rebound Rate-28
Value Added-5
Estimated Wins Added-5

:laugh2: Top PG in the game huh? :laugh:

FOBolous
07-02-2010, 02:01 AM
You have your opinion, I have mine.

I would take Curry and his efficiency, 3pt%, and steals over any of those guys.

I am on on the Steph Curry bandwagon I think he is a once in a generation player. Very underrated by the average NBA fan.

every single player on the Warriors are overrated. Nellie ball is known to inflate stats.

Mudvayne91
07-02-2010, 02:05 AM
People like dabears is the reason I dont want to see LeBron anywhere near Chicago unless its to curb stomp them. Where were all these "fans" before any speculation of leBron to their team? no where.

Indeed. After the Jay Cutler trade, I'll never look at Chicago fans in the same way again because of fans like him. People like him have ruined that whole city for me, at least sportswise.

ABOMB_56
07-02-2010, 02:05 AM
Rose's rankings amongst PG's using Hollinger's metrics

True Shooting %-32
Assist Ratio-Outside of top 50
Turnover Ratio-19
Usage Rate-2 (Which makes his low assist ratio even more laughable)
Offensive Rebound Rate-14
Defensive Rebound Rate-42
Rebound Rate-28
Value Added-5
Estimated Wins Added-5

:laugh2: Top PG in the game huh? :laugh:

every single player on the Warriors are overrated. Nellie ball is known to inflate stats.

More stats for you, FOB!

PraiseJesus
07-02-2010, 02:07 AM

I have a nickname for Curry,

"The Chosen One"

I dont care what system he plays in the guy gets it. I think he got robbed of the ROY but it will just add more fuel to the fire.

He will be a multiple time MVP

No other player in the league Id rather watch

Melo15
07-02-2010, 02:07 AM
Indeed. After the Jay Cutler trade, I'll never look at Chicago fans in the same way again because of fans like him. People like him have ruined that whole city for me, at least sportswise.

There are some actual good Bulls fans out there that I feel really bad for. The true Bulls fans have stuck with the team since Jordan's days and the bandwagon fans left, now that LeBron might come the bandwagon fans are back.

ABOMB_56
07-02-2010, 02:08 AM
There are some actual good Bulls fans out there that I feel really bad for. The true Bulls fans have stuck with the team since Jordan's days and the bandwagon fans left, now that LeBron might come the bandwagon fans are back.

:hi5: Same sig quote

Melo15
07-02-2010, 02:11 AM
:hi5: Same sig quote

:cheers: I knew he was good for something lol

Mudvayne91
07-02-2010, 02:12 AM
I have a nickname for Curry,

"The Chosen One"

You're name is Praise Jesus, but your sig says Lakers, Dodgers and than Jesus. You also are saying Curry is the chosen one. I could just reading into something that isn't there, but it seems kinda sacrilegious with everything put together.

FOBolous
07-02-2010, 02:14 AM
More stats for you, FOB!

i have to admit though. Rose is a better clutch player. According to 82games.com (http://www.82games.com/0910/CSORT11.HTM), Rose averaged 1 more points and 1 more assists than Brooks during crunch time :p

PraiseJesus
07-02-2010, 02:15 AM
Update,

Stephen Curry Ranked #9 overall in Yahoo fantasy draft for next year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nba/news?slug=mb-bigboard-basketball

2nd PG behind only Chris Paul.

If you all are smart you will grab him with your first pick next year because he will finish the year #1 or #2 overall.

Tyreke Evans #38 btw.... how did that guy win ROY what a scam.

Mochalman
07-02-2010, 02:19 AM
Update,

If you all are smart you will grab him with your first pick next year because he will finish the year #1 or #2 overall.

seeing how brandon jennings is "on the bubble" is discredit that source.

ABOMB_56
07-02-2010, 02:19 AM
i have to admit though. Rose is a better clutch player. According to 82games.com (http://www.82games.com/0910/CSORT11.HTM), Rose averaged 1 more points and 1 more assists than Brooks during crunch time :p

I'm disappointed with you FOB. Rose had 3.2 more shots and only one more point. Brooks is obviously better than Rose in the clutch :p

FOBolous
07-02-2010, 02:20 AM
Update,

i will grab him as fast as i can in fantasy basketball. heck...i will grab ANY warriors player in fantasy basketball. why? cause they'll have good stats for sure due to Nellie Ball. but despite all their fancy numbers, the warriors will never be a top team in the league because...well...they're just not good. lol

ABOMB_56
07-02-2010, 02:20 AM
:cheers: I knew he was good for something lol

Not to mention some comedic relief

PraiseJesus
07-02-2010, 02:21 AM
seeing how brandon jennings is "on the bubble" is discredit that source.

Dude Jennings can't shoot. :eyebrow:

FOBolous
07-02-2010, 02:21 AM
I'm disappointed with you FOB. Rose had 3.2 more shots and only one more point. Brooks is obviously better than Rose in the clutch :p

yea you're right. sorry :D

FOBolous
07-02-2010, 02:23 AM
Dude Jennings can't shoot. :eyebrow:

yea Jennings is overrated too. other than that one good game he had last season, he played pretty poor overall.

PraiseJesus
07-02-2010, 02:26 AM
i will grab him as fast as i can in fantasy basketball. heck...i will grab ANY warriors player in fantasy basketball. why? cause they'll have good stats for sure due to Nellie Ball. but despite all their fancy numbers, the warriors will never be a top team in the league because...well...they're just not good. lol

So you are gonna hold it against him just cause he plays for the Warriors???

His skills are universal man look at his %'s

47% fg 43% 3pt 89% FT 2 stls/gm

all while sharing time with ball hog Monta Ellis.

Any1 who doesn't realize Steph Curry is the best or maybe 2nd best pg in the league is blind.

I think he is better than Chris Paul because of his shooting.

He is so fun to watch, so pure.

Mochalman
07-02-2010, 02:28 AM
sooooo what was this thread about again?

PraiseJesus
07-02-2010, 02:29 AM
Those are god like #s for a rookie

The Raven
07-02-2010, 02:31 AM
Isnt this thread supposed to be about Brad Miller? How the hell did it become something totally different

PraiseJesus
07-02-2010, 02:32 AM
Isnt this thread supposed to be about Brad Miller? How the hell did it become something totally different

Because Brad Miller is a very boring topic

Mudvayne91
07-02-2010, 02:34 AM
Oh man, you missed out. Dabears some how managed to have everyone gang up on him with the most idioitic posts, especially about Rose being the like best PG. Then I guess it transformed into a discussion of PG's.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
07-02-2010, 02:52 AM
yea Jennings is overrated too. other than that one good game he had last season, he played pretty poor overall.

you my friend...............:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm ::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm ::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm ::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm :
what rookies from the top ten picks single handedly led thier team as a first option??? answer me that....

PraiseJesus
07-02-2010, 02:54 AM
you my friend...............:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm ::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm ::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm ::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm :
what rookies from the top ten picks single handedly led thier team as a first option??? answer me that....

:eyebrow: dewd. Jennings has a big hole in his game that will likely remain the rest of his career.

Mudvayne91
07-02-2010, 02:56 AM
There's a big hole in the ozone layer, what's up with that?!

PraiseJesus
07-02-2010, 02:57 AM
There's a big hole in the ozone layer, what's up with that?!

sorry about that I farted

mynameismo
07-02-2010, 03:40 AM
What ever happened to Brad Miller?

PraiseJesus
07-02-2010, 03:43 AM
What ever happened to Brad Miller?

He got old, slow, and irrelevant.

Seriously, this guy does not deserve a thread in the NBA forum