PDA

View Full Version : Who is worth the MAX?

The Prodigy
07-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Just wondering out of all the players in the league today who would you give the max to. Some Candidates are...
Lebron
Kobe
Wade
Dwight
Bosh
D-Will
Cp3
Dirk
Amare
JJ
Carmello
Timmy if it was 2-3 years ago
etc you can mention any others if I forgot some
I bolded the ones I would give the Max to.

NYK|NYY
07-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Durant

Swashcuff
07-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Durant bud.

Swashcuff
07-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Hypothetically speaking, lets say Yao was able to stay on the court like his first 3 years in the league and became an unresticed free agent, given his ability, size and global recognition (China). Does he deserve a max contract?

dstruong
07-01-2010, 02:36 PM
yes... close thread...

the guy is injured and could still command 12-15 mil a year. if he could play 50 games a year he would be worth that max.

CaptainStu5
07-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Yao is arguably the best C when healthy and has one of the largest fan bases. Yes, he would deserve the max in his prime. More so than Amare, Boozer, JJ, Gay, or Bosh.

Swashcuff
07-01-2010, 02:38 PM
yes... close thread...

the guy is injured and could still command 12-15 mil a year. if he could play 50 games a year he would be worth that max.

dude we are not talking about what he can command, an injured Elton Brand commanded that kinda cheddar as well, hell Richard Jefferson just opted out of the last year of his contract which he was to make 15 mil.
But that didnt mean that they deserved it.

The question is not if he can get it is if he deserves it.

Swashcuff
07-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Yao is arguably the best C when healthy and has one of the largest fan bases. Yes, he would deserve the max in his prime. More so than Amare, Boozer, JJ, Gay, or Bosh.

no one would be stupid enough to even attempt to give Rudy the max

Sixerlover
07-01-2010, 02:42 PM
LeBron, Kobe, Durant, Paul, Williams, Wade, Bosh, Dwight. About it.

magichatnumber9
07-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Count Durantuala frankenberry

NY-SportsFan
07-01-2010, 02:43 PM

Rudy will likely get the max contract he is eligible for, which is starting at about 12-13 mil a year.

nstojic
07-01-2010, 02:44 PM
kobe, lbj, wade, durant

mikantsass
07-01-2010, 02:45 PM
IMO:

Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Carmelo, CP3, Durant

thapharcyd
07-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Howard
Durant

Swashcuff
07-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Rudy will likely get the max contract he is eligible for, which is starting at about 12-13 mil a year.

yeah thats true but i meant nba max i dont think he'll ever reach that level as a player

phlp_bj
07-01-2010, 02:48 PM
kobe
lebron
howard
paul
deron
durant
melo
dirk
bosh
wade
rose in a few years

Kyben36
07-01-2010, 02:49 PM
truthfully, only a few players

Kobe ( but he is getting out of his prime as well )
Wade
Lebron
Dwight
Melo
Roy
Cp3
Williams

These are the only ones that truely deserve max type contracts. bosh will get one though, because he is the best PF in the league right now, sad that we dont have a KG or Timmy anymore.

Swashcuff
07-01-2010, 02:52 PM

Wade
Lebron
Dwight
Melo
Roy
Cp3
Williams

These are the only ones that truely deserve max type contracts. bosh will get one though, because he is the best PF in the league right now, sad that we dont have a KG or Timmy anymore.

prime or no prime he's Kobe and he deserves it

no to Roy though

Swashcuff
07-01-2010, 02:55 PM
LeBron James
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Durant
Dwight Howard
Chris Paul
Deron Williams

arkanian215
07-01-2010, 02:55 PM

Quoted.

Indi23
07-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Kobe
Durant
Lebron
Melo
Wade

The Prodigy
07-01-2010, 02:57 PM
I wouldn't give Durant the Max yet.
IMO he hasn't really proven to be anything but a gifted scorer. People that I feel that should get the max have to be really good/elite level at more than 1 aspect of the game.

Swashcuff
07-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Quoted.

Sigh apparently the Grizz throught the bank at him

Swashcuff
07-01-2010, 03:00 PM
I wouldn't give Durant the Max yet.
IMO he hasn't really proven to be anything but a gifted scorer. People that I feel that should get the max have to be really good/elite level at more than 1 aspect of the game.

Winner, Leader vast improvement on his commitment on D.

arkanian215
07-01-2010, 03:06 PM
lol Yeah this year's weak SF crop combined with a huge amount of cap space forces owners to overpay for talent. I wonder what Raymond Felton is going to earn...(then again not many teams w/ significant cap space need a starting PG).

Hugbees
07-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Someone just had to sneak in a Rose..I knew it.

MacFitz92
07-01-2010, 03:20 PM

Wade
Lebron
Dwight
Melo
Roy
Cp3
Williams

I try to resist to reply to comments that frustrate me but wtf?

It seems like people on PSD forget about Dirk. Dirk is still worth the max, and he is the best big man shooter the league has seen, and it's not even close. His defense has improved and he is a better overall player than Chris Bosh.

MFFL==FML
07-01-2010, 04:36 PM

It seems like people on PSD forget about Dirk. Dirk is still worth the max, and he is the best big man shooter the league has seen, and it's not even close. His defense has improved and he is a better overall player than Chris Bosh.

I think they implied which black nba player deserves a max contract. That is why they forgot to mention Dirk... I give them the benefit of the doubt that they are not that ignorant and stupid.

ILoveL.A2416
07-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Kwame Brown... HA!

danidin
07-01-2010, 05:36 PM
lebron,kobe,wade,cp3...

koLohe2133
07-01-2010, 05:37 PM
kobe, lebron, wade, durant, nowitzki (even with no d), cp3, melo, deron williams, adam morrison, jordan farmar, and shannon brown!

The Raven
07-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Howard
Durant

i would agree

RAptorsNExtYeaR
07-02-2010, 05:21 PM
With all these free agents, people like JJ and Rudy Gay do not deserve max. Others debate about bosh, boozer, amare, etc.

Pros: Finesse Shooter, Amazing low post game, 80%+ free throw shooter, which means u can finish a game with him, unlike dwight, does not complain, heart of a true warrior, puts up great numbers with high efficieny. Arguably the best centre in the game. Great passer as well/Unselfish.

Cons: He's slow, endurance is real low. injury prone last couple years.

However, he brings rediculous media and attention from fans in china. Which can bring the economy up for an entire city. He helps out the community and you never have to worry about him leaving the city for more money, or not thinking the team is good enough even though your GM bends over to bring you talen ***cough cough lebron****

Would u consider him as a max contract for your team considering ALL the factors above?

Iodine
07-02-2010, 05:25 PM
With all these free agents, people like JJ and Rudy Gay do not deserve max. Others debate about bosh, boozer, amare, etc.

Pros: Finesse Shooter, Amazing low post game, 80%+ free throw shooter, which means u can finish a game with him, unlike dwight, does not complain, heart of a true warrior, puts up great numbers with high efficieny. Arguably the best centre in the game. Great passer as well/Unselfish.

However, he brings rediculous media and attention from fans in china. Which can bring the economy up for an entire city. He helps out the community and you never have to worry about him leaving the city for more money, or not thinking the team is good enough even though your GM bends over to bring you talen ***cough cough lebron****

Would u consider him as a max contract for your team considering ALL the factors above?
Wow, even in a thread that should not deal with him at all, you manage to take a shot at Lebron that a five year old could have done (and spelled better)

RAptorsNExtYeaR
07-02-2010, 05:28 PM

WHAT DOES YAO DESERVE??

Iodine
07-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Reposting the same thread with a different titles proves you should never reproduce

rockets-fan
07-02-2010, 05:34 PM
even as a rockets fan i think hes not worth a max...he would if he could stay healthy, if he doesnt get injured this year and is his old self, then yea a max is right. but i dont think anyone would risk a max contract on a player that cant playy all season. talent wise, he definatly deserves a max, and yea he bring a load of cash from china. still to much of a risk imo

XJW18
07-02-2010, 05:49 PM
When healthy he is the best Center in the League, In my opinion..

RAptorsNExtYeaR
07-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Reposting the same thread with a different titles proves you should never reproduce

hey guess what, you dont' have to be such a dick

try it :)

_Supreme_
07-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Unfortunately I have to say Yao is not worth a lot anymore. He has a great personality, but he is ALWAYS injured. I wouldn't spend my money on such a big risk.

IndiansFan337
07-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Yao is worth a lot, but it'd be difficult for any team to give him a long term contract. He's so risky because his body has proven that it can't stay healthy.

TEXASTITAN
07-02-2010, 05:59 PM
I get the whole dispondent raptors fan bit. Your losing bosh and your having a hard time dealing with it and it's ok. But if you are fishing for yao in a sign and trade to toronto you can forget it it would NEVER happen. Yao is the biggest free agent behind wade and lebron because of his marketing and worldwide audience in the NBA you have kobe,lebron,yao in terms of popularity,endorsements,marketability although yao has lost some value for sitting out a year if he comes back healthy as he says he is then he retains his status. When he's on the court he's the best center in the league period....

Tmac,lt,berkman
07-02-2010, 06:08 PM
i say he is when healthy but now prolly 12 million a year

sep11ie
07-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Not very creative are ya guy.

97NYer
07-02-2010, 06:14 PM

Being sarcastic..?

Sly Guy
07-02-2010, 06:14 PM
I think yao is worth his hospital bill, and not a penny more.

Slimsim
07-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Kobe
Wade
LBJ
Durrant
Adam Morrison

The Prodigy
07-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Winner, Leader vast improvement on his commitment on D.

Yea you say hes all those things cause he is the best player on his team. But when you actually break it down it doesn't mean the same as when you say Kobe is a winner, Wade is a winner, etc or Wade is a leader or Kobe is a leader.
In time he will truly have those quality as an NBA player.

The Prodigy
07-02-2010, 06:30 PM

I also try to resist to reply to comments when someone is being a complete homer. I understand Dirk is a great player but you simply can't give him the Max contract this point in his career. Maybe 2 or 3 years ago. And its debatable if he is better than Chris Bosh and I wouldn't even give Bosh the Max.

The Prodigy
07-02-2010, 06:33 PM
I think they implied which black nba player deserves a max contract. That is why they forgot to mention Dirk... I give them the benefit of the doubt that they are not that ignorant and stupid.

No I didn't forget too add any white players. If there were any white players that deserved it I would mention them. Would you give the Max contract to an aging player that hasn't won anything but an MVP and failed constantly in the Playoffs.

THE MTL
07-02-2010, 06:42 PM
I think there are a decent amount of players out there worth the MAX (16.5 million). The difference is players like Lebron/Wade/Paul/Durant are WORTH BEYOND the max.

Darko can get 5 million per year. Lebron should be getting at least 20 million per year.

rockets-fan
07-02-2010, 06:46 PM
I think yao is worth his hospital bill, and not a penny more.

:facepalm:

wow...idiot

MFFL==FML
07-02-2010, 06:52 PM
No I didn't forget too add any white players. If there were any white players that deserved it I would mention them. Would you give the Max contract to an aging player that hasn't won anything but an MVP and failed constantly in the Playoffs.

If his name was Dirk Nowitzki yes... I guess a league MVP, loyalty, commitment to winning even if taking a huge pay cut is required, and being an unselfish player with the talent and skillset Dirk has does not constitute a max contract (which is limited to only 4 yeas as the league has rules about 35+ year olds making max money).

sunnydayin'zona
07-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Howard
Durant

this.

for some reason pg's dont get big contracts that often. dwill, cp3, nash are all under 15mil a year.

sunnydayin'zona
07-02-2010, 06:58 PM
yao is worth the max. even though he is injury prone, his fanbase alone brings a franchise far more money than he costs.