PDA

View Full Version : Magic Might Pull Off Trade For Boozer

AllTimeBest
07-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Jazz free agent Carlos Boozer was bombarded with calls Wednesday night. The Jazz, Bulls, Heat, Nets and Knicks all made their calls. The Nets and Heat are considered the frontrunners for Boozer as far as teams with cap space go. But don't be surprised to see Boozer heading to a team like the Orlando Magic. The Jazz would like to re-sign Boozer. But if they can't, they'll actively pursue a sign-and-trade to get something back for Boozer.

The Magic have been offering Marcin Gortat, Brandon Bass, the expiring contract of Vince Carter to interested teams. The Jazz may also have interest in a sign-and-trade for J.J. Redick. They still need a shooter to replace Kyle Korver.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17427/magic-sign-and-trade-for-boozer

-

ManRam
07-01-2010, 02:18 PM
ESPN has a Free Agency live chat right now. http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dimelive-100701/daily-dime-live

Hollinger just said this.

John Hollinger:
Interestingly, Boozer attended Game 2 of the Eastern conference finals last year and was talking to Dwight Howard during stoppages in play. I imagine Jazz would want Gortat, Anderson and the trade exception from the Turkoglu deal.

and then shot down a Chicago proposal

John Hollinger:
Can't see that one ... if Utah does S-T with Boozer they're taking back way less money than they're sending out, because one of the goals would be to get under tax.

We are probably the most able to help them shed salary...especially with the trade exception.

He seems to think that Utah should hold out for Anderson. So, Gortat, Anderson and the trade exception for Boozer is his thought.

jimbobjarree
really hope he goes to the magic for Gortat and either Pietrus/Bass. Would love it for Utah, and would love it as a huge **** you to these so called 'experts' predicting Booz going to one of the cap space teams.

tdunk21
boozer will not resign with jazz....he will bolt for sure....

Melo15
Orlando would be loaded if they can pull this off

Kakaroach
07-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Yes pleaseeee Boozer for Gortat+Bass would be such a good deal for both sides.

AllTimeBest
07-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Boozer and Howard would be so dominant down low.

R cool J
07-01-2010, 02:23 PM
man... Boozer playing with president D Howard would be BEAST!!!

S-Dot
Utah should pursue Bass along with Gortat and whoever else they want. Bass is athletic and pretty strong. He brings great energy off the bench.

KB24PG16
orlando is being smart this offeseason

abe_froman
07-01-2010, 02:24 PM
could be good deal for utah ,dunno how wsell boozer+howard would mesh,but hey they are both big names

Raoul Duke
07-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Boozer for Gortat/Bass/Filler is a good move for both sides. Big change of pace for Orlando, as Lewis at the four spot made them a nightmare matchup for some of the powerhouse teams.

jimbobjarree
07-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Orlando have told Gortat he may be traded this summer, Howard has supposedly told the Magic he wants Boozer, Magic have been rumored to be looking for a back to the basket power forward to pair with Dwight, Dwight and Boozer are great friends and Boozer said once he'd love to play with Dwight at some point, Boozer lives in Florida, the Jazz have said they'd be open to a sign and trade deal and if they traded Boozer their biggest needs would be a back up power forward and a big defensive center which the Magic have expendable.

Theres just so much in favor of this deal happening. I guess it comes down to Boozer's choice at the end of the day, and if we're prepared to add equal salary for players who arent as talented as him. Deal just makes sense.

J4KOP99
07-01-2010, 02:31 PM
I keep feeling like we will see Orlando make a pretty big move. They need to do something and IMO, need to get Vince out of there.

KB24PG16
07-01-2010, 02:31 PM
would lewis be a sf in orlando then

ManRam
07-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Orlando have told Gortat he may be traded this summer, Howard has supposedly told the Magic he wants Boozer, Magic have been rumored to be looking for a back to the basket power forward to pair with Dwight, Dwight and Boozer are great friends and Boozer said once he'd love to play with Dwight at some point, Boozer lives in Florida, the Jazz have said they'd be open to a sign and trade deal and if they traded Boozer their biggest needs would be a back up power forward and a big defensive center which the Magic have expendable.

Theres just so much in favor of this deal happening. I guess it comes down to Boozer's choice at the end of the day, and if we're prepared to add equal salary for players who arent as talented as him. Deal just makes sense.

I agree. It sounds like too good of a deal for everyone involved. It's great for Boozer. It's great for Gortat. It's great for Orlando. And I think it's great for Utah.

Yes. I think Otis and SVG have finally decided that they aren't going to win with a small lineup. He's been working out this summer with a SF mind frame. In other words, Otis and Stan have told him that he's probably going to move back to his natural position.

MagicBucsSox
07-01-2010, 02:35 PM
yea this deal is bs, we better get cj miles back, that deal is rape

Swashcuff
07-01-2010, 02:35 PM
orlando is being smart this offeseason

they better be.

mikantsass
07-01-2010, 02:40 PM

Most likely. IMO he would get EATEN ALIVE as a sf. He is an easy guard for the top SFs in the league.

ManRam
07-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Most likely. IMO he would get EATEN ALIVE as a sf. He is an easy guard for the top SFs in the league.

I disagree. He was far more effective in Seattle. He think his length is a huge asset when he's being guarded by a lot of SFs. The advanced stats also show he has been more productive defensively at the 3 than the 4. I'll search for those now.

The biggest advantage is that tall teams, like Boston (was) and LA, will have a slightly tougher time down low. Boozer isn't the world's greatest or toughest defensive PF, but he's certainly an upgrade.

Chives
07-01-2010, 02:46 PM
I really hope this trade happens. Then the Magic have a capable four who will start and put up a double-double nearly every game. All they have to do is sign a seven-footer who can give Howard breaks here and there, and they are set. They will still have Ryan Anderson as a backup power forward to Boozer. Lewis moves to the three, and still gets some time at the four. Michael Pietrus will be back to being a role player, and him and JJ Redick will man the two. Send Vince Carter to Utah, please. He's terrible. Jameer Nelson was great in the playoffs. I love this move.

magichatnumber9
07-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Lewis I think excels at the small forward position.

KB24PG16
07-01-2010, 02:52 PM
if im orlando i think about this to get the finals you probably will have to go through lebrons team. do you think lewis can guard lebron probably not. if you get the finals and you probably will face the lakers. boozer cant do much against the lakers size as he has demonstrated in last two playoffs. he turns into a jump shooter. the last thing the magic needs is another shooter. this is a draw back that the magic need to think about

Kakaroach
07-01-2010, 02:56 PM
The Jazz would gladly welcome some athletic length in Gortat and a nice hustle player off of the bench in Bass.

MagicBucsSox
07-01-2010, 03:00 PM
if im orlando i think about this to get the finals you probably will have to go through lebrons team. do you think lewis can guard lebron probably not. if you get the finals and you probably will face the lakers. boozer cant do much against the lakers size as he has demonstrated in last two playoffs. he turns into a jump shooter. the last thing the magic needs is another shooter. this is a draw back that the magic need to think about

ok, bout to answer your dilemmas, who exactly can guard LeBrron? boozer did bad vs the LA bigs ? well what pf woulnt? he has 2 7fters and a 6'10 guy on him by himself, he has no help and he'd still ball on them

he wouldnt be alone here

BarnesWillKillU
07-01-2010, 03:03 PM

Everytime your boy Paul Pierce gaurded him in our series pierce got owned bro and yes the Jest DO suck.

tbomlad
07-01-2010, 03:03 PM
If Orlando pulls this off and then turns around and makes another trade involving Carter and his expiring contract for an "upgrade" type player at SG then WATCH OUT! We're going to be talking about Orlando's huge offseason and not the cap friendly wannabees.

Dwight_is_King
07-01-2010, 03:05 PM
if im orlando i think about this to get the finals you probably will have to go through lebrons team. do you think lewis can guard lebron probably not.

pietrus would probably guard lebron. with a guy like pietrus (and hopefully matt barnes again) the magic can match up with any of those superstars. now if lebron teams up with d-wade.. no one will be able to guard them. but i doubt that happens.

it will come down to defense. the magic know that the 3 pointer isn't going to win them a championship

ManRam
07-01-2010, 03:06 PM

It's not about shutting down LeBron, no one can do that. It's about containing him, playing good help defense (Dwight Howard) and preventing the other guys from scoring. Is Lewis a great defender, no. Are we a great TEAM defensively? Yes. It might be somewhat worrisome, but I'm sure SVG, a defensive genius, can figure something out to slow him a little. If we bring Barnes back, he'll find ways to get him minutes.

defender4m
07-01-2010, 03:10 PM
good deal for both

Raph12
07-01-2010, 03:21 PM
This is a great move and it would still give us the flexibility to trade Carter away for another big name (ie: VC and Jam for CP3, Posey [via trade exception] and Peja)...

Easy...

You put Pietrus/Barnes/Redick (whoever we have playing the 2) on Lebron and let Shard guard the less-mobile player, for example, if Lebron stays in Cleveland, put Shard on Parker/West; Chicago, put Shard on Deng; New York, put Shard on Gallo or whoever's playing the 2; etc, etc...

Otown_skins
07-01-2010, 03:23 PM
If Orlando pulls this off and then turns around and makes another trade involving Carter and his expiring contract for an "upgrade" type player at SG then WATCH OUT! We're going to be talking about Orlando's huge offseason and not the cap friendly wannabees.

Imo if we sign Boozer and move Lewis to the 3 then we have to trade Carter. With VC and Shard on the wing we will get eatn alive on the outside and D12 & CB will always be in foul trouble. Carter played matador all season but our team defense bailed us out. Lewis is a underated defender but he has to improve his lateral movement to stay in front of the quicker SF. Our wings don't need to be great defenders but if this goes down and VC and Shard are the starters, they will have to improve. Can they improve at this stage of their career? What do you guys think?

D-Will4Prez
07-01-2010, 03:25 PM
yea this deal is bs, we better get cj miles back, that deal is rape

I don't think this deal is rape for either team but I would send Miles to you guys in a heartbeat to make a Gortat+Bass/Anderson trade happen

Tony_Starks
07-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Imo if we sign Boozer and move Lewis to the 3 then we have to trade Carter. With VC and Shard on the wing we will get eatn alive on the outside and D12 & CB will always be in foul trouble. Carter played matador all season but our team defense bailed us out. Lewis is a underated defender but he has to improve his lateral movement to stay in front of the quicker SF. Our wings don't need to be great defenders but if this goes down and VC and Shard are the starters, they will have to improve. Can they improve at this stage of their career? What do you guys think?

I think if they have Boozer and D12 back there protecting the basket it'll actually help them on the perimeter. When you have that safety net behind you it lets you be a little more agressive on D. I would still keep Vince but they definitely would need to re-sign Barnes for defensive insurance.

Ware_Spencer
07-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Vince Carter will not be coming to the Utah Jazz. So all you Orlando fans stop dreaming. Jazz are better off not getting anyone than taking on Vince Carters Contract along with AK's bad deal. Jazz will not go over the luxury tax again unless we improve.

It will be Gortat & Bass and maybe Pietrus or a filler.

Orlando will have to find a trade for Vince Carter. Which is possible since he is expiring. Rashard's lateral quickness scares me at the 3.

If I am the Jazz I would ask for Pietrus. But the Magic better keep Pietrus or have Barnes locked up. Because they need a tough athletic defender next to Lewis.

The only problem I see with this trade for Orlando is who is going to give the ball the Dwight and Boozer?

Dwight had complaints anyways about not getting the ball. Now you have another low post scorer who needs the ball? They need someone who can run the pick and roll properly. Trade Vince Carter and get a pass first point guard. Include Jameer Nelson and whoever else they want.

LA_Raiders
07-01-2010, 03:30 PM
that would be a fare trade... Bring It Jazzy!!!

bringinwood
07-01-2010, 03:33 PM
That would make the Magic the favorites in the east...

No one in the NBA would be able to compete with that beef inside...

That, along with their sharp shooting, would make them pretty unstoppable on offense...

Double_R
07-01-2010, 03:34 PM

Yea 6-10 guys that have a quick release are an easy guard.... come on.. didn't you watch him before the Magic...

MagicBucsSox
07-01-2010, 03:35 PM
I don't think this deal is rape for either team but I would send Miles to you guys in a heartbeat to make a Gortat+Bass/Anderson trade happen

no im saying if jj is involved.

B2theRY
07-01-2010, 03:36 PM
it is pretty damn sad when VC only gets mentioned into trades because of his expiring contract and no longer his talent :P

Kind of funny..

KB24PG16
lebron will dominate this team. lakers will dominate boozer once again

Raph12
Vince Carter will not be coming to the Utah Jazz. So all you Orlando fans stop dreaming. Jazz are better off not getting anyone than taking on Vince Carters Contract along with AK's bad deal. Jazz will not go over the luxury tax again unless we improve.

Orlando will have to find a trade for Vince Carter. Which is possible since he is expiring. Rashard's lateral quickness scares me at the 3.

If I am the Jazz I would ask for Pietrus. But the Magic better keep Pietrus or have Barnes locked up. Because they need a tough athletic defender next to Lewis.

The only problem I see with this trade for Orlando is who is going to give the ball the Dwight and Boozer?

Dwight had complaints anyways about not getting the ball. Now you have another low post scorer who needs the ball? They need someone who can run the pick and roll properly. Trade Vince Carter and get a pass first point guard. Include Jameer Nelson and whoever else they want.

No one's giving you guys Carter, we're keeping him for a different trade. If the VC+Jameer+Trade Exception for CP3+Peja+Posey trade goes through, we'll be set for years to come. Resign Barnes for part of the MLE, sign a backup point like CJ Watson for the rest of the MLE, sign a backup center like Ben Wallace for the vet's min and match JJ's contract;

Potential Lineup:
PG - Chris Paul, CJ Watson?
SG - Mickael Pietrus, JJ Redick, James Posey
SF - Rashard Lewis, Matt Barnes, Peja Stojacovic
PF - Carlos Boozer, Ryan Anderson, Daniel Orton
C - Dwight Howard, Ben Wallace?

What do you think?

lebron will dominate this team. lakers will dominate boozer once again

Lebron can't beat Dwight, plain and simple, especially now that Shaq's out; the Lakeshow will get theirs...

Otown_skins
07-01-2010, 03:39 PM

Totally agree. Gortat/Bass/Anderson would be the deal if Gortat/Bass was not enough. Anderson and Lewis are the same player with Lewis being more clutch thus more valuable to the Magic. We need Pietrus and Barnes for perimiter defense and energy off the bench. We drafted some front court players that can be developed to replace the loss of two PFs.

ManRam
07-01-2010, 03:47 PM

Who is saying Vince is going to Utah? I don't think that's ever been in the discussions. Utah will not make a trade that has them taking on more salary that what Boozer made last year. With Gortat and Anderson/Bass or whoever, and the TPE, that's not a lot of salary coming back to you guys.

Hollinger really think that Utah should hold out for Anderson, and I agree. Bass is just a Milsap-lite. I think having him would be a bit redundant.

Otown_skins
07-01-2010, 03:48 PM

I don't think Lewis is such an easy guard for SFs. Lewis really has a refined low post game that gets lost in otown because he plays the 4. Lebron and Melo are the only SF that come to mind that could guard Lewis strait up at the 3. Does anyone remember when Boston put Pierce on Lewis in the ECF? Lewis looked like Hakeem down low.:D

Rivera
07-01-2010, 03:48 PM
This is a great move and it would still give us the flexibility to trade Carter away for another big name (ie: VC and Jam for CP3, Posey [via trade exception] and Peja)...

Easy...

You put Pietrus/Barnes/Redick (whoever we have playing the 2) on Lebron and let Shard guard the less-mobile player, for example, if Lebron stays in Cleveland, put Shard on Parker/West; Chicago, put Shard on Deng; New York, put Shard on Gallo or whoever's playing the 2; etc, etc...

im as big of a magic fan as any1 on this board but lets be honest with our selves

JJ REDDIK CANNOT GUARD LEBRON JAMES
PIETRUS CANNOT GUARD LEBRON JAMES yea he already did and we won the series in 09 but lebron did avg 38 ppg if he had help n stopped dribbilin the ball so much we could of beeen in trouble

KB24PG16
07-01-2010, 03:53 PM
im as big of a magic fan as any1 on this board but lets be honest with our selves

PIETRUS CANNOT GUARD LEBRON JAMES yea he already did and we won the series in 09 but lebron did avg 38 ppg if he had help n stopped dribbilin the ball so much we could of beeen in trouble

exactly when all these guys are backups if they put their 2 on bron it will be carter. carter on lebron :speechless:

jimbobjarree
07-01-2010, 03:56 PM
no im saying if jj is involved.

I dont think JJ can be involved can he? Can two FAs be involved in the same sign and trade deal?

ManRam
07-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Who can guard LeBron? Artest couldn't slow him. Thabo can't slow him. Deng couldn't slow him. Pierce couldn't slow him...

No one can. Bruce Bowen is the only player I've seen that actually held LeBron to poor numbers for a whole series. No one in the league today is going to slow him for a whole series. He's going to get his 30/10/10 or at least damn near it every night.

You don't beat a LeBron team by stopping him. That's not how we beat them two years ago. That's not how Boston beat them this year. You beat a LeBron team by stopping everyone else.

ManRam
07-01-2010, 03:57 PM
I dont think JJ can be involved can he? Can to FAs be involved in the same sign and trade deal?

Yes. They can. I was reading up on sign-and-trade rules yesterday, and that was mentioned. I'll try to find the source.

jimbobjarree
07-01-2010, 03:58 PM
ooo really. I'd still be all over Gortat+Pietrus+Anderson though, that would be the sex. But honestly, anything is better than losing Boozer for nothing so I'm not picky.

Avenged
07-01-2010, 04:01 PM

Easy...

Yeah.. It's not as easy as you think.

Raph12
07-01-2010, 04:03 PM

Are you mentally ********? I'm seriously asking here, no jokes...

NOBODY IN NBA HISTORY COULD GUARD LEBRON JAMES!!!!

They'd do a better job than Shard, that's all that matters...

exactly when all these guys are backups if they put their 2 on bron it will be carter. carter on lebron :speechless:

Carter will be gone, sooner rather than later, definitely before the season really gets going (post AS weekend).

Idk why Lakers fans are talking so much, Artest can't touch Lebron, last I checked, he lit Artest's *** up for 38pts and won both games convincingly... Our Lebron-container is Dwight, he makes things difficult on the inside, Lebron would just jam over Bynum and Pau. If anything, you guys better hope we eliminate them, if we don't you guys will be handing over that trophy faster than you can say "so where did Lebron sign again?"

Raph12
07-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah.. It's not as easy as you think.

It's easy to get Shard off of Lebron, it's not like any one guy could stop Lebron anyways. Shard will guard Artest/Odom/Walton, Parker/West/Moon, whoever the lesser-mobile player is on the court, we'll put Shard on them... At 6'10" 230lbs, it will be his defenders that will struggle with him in the post.

MagicBucsSox
07-01-2010, 04:10 PM
I dont think JJ can be involved can he? Can two FAs be involved in the same sign and trade deal?

you gotta manram on that one

KB24PG16
07-01-2010, 04:17 PM
look this all im trying to say putting lewis at 3 creates matchup problems. put whatever 2 you have on bron. then lewis is on the 2. matchup problem lewis last year was guarding guys like garnett and now hes guarding faster 2 guards matchup problem.

Ironman5219
07-01-2010, 04:17 PM
As a Jazz fan I'm tottally all over this one.
Good for Utah: They may loss Boozer for nothing and we have Milsap in the waiting to take Boozers place. Utah needs a big tall defensive minded center in Gortat. That give Gortat the min he wants. Utah could also use a JJ Redick or Bass to complete its roster. And they stay out of salary cap trouble.

Good for Orlando. Boozer is a top 5 player in PF's. He compliments Howard with a feirce low post presense that would open up the 3 point game that Orlando Loves. Orlando becomes a title condender.

Get it done!!!

Twolves88
07-01-2010, 04:19 PM
I like this trade for both teams. Utah gets a decent starting center and a backup powerforward, and vince carter for some offense. I like it.

Orlando gets their post scorer to go with howard. The only thing I don't like is giving up JJ redick... hes been a tough player and better then i ever expected him to be.

D Roses Bulls
07-01-2010, 04:25 PM
-

I think Boozer might now be a good fit with the magics system and I think he is overrated, but i could be wrong, but if i were the magic i would take the chance

Raph12
07-01-2010, 04:26 PM
look this all im trying to say putting lewis at 3 creates matchup problems. put whatever 2 you have on bron. then lewis is on the 2. matchup problem lewis last year was guarding guys like garnett and now hes guarding faster 2 guards matchup problem.

You look at it like that, but the way I see it, Dwight's protecting the paint regardless and I doubt Artest, Parker, Deng or whoever can do much damage anyways. In comparison, Shard can rip any of those guys in the post, it's like a guaranteed 15-20ppg from him in the post against those guys.

If you watch Shard guard Pierce in the ECFs, you can clearly see it won't hurt us that much, but watching Pierce guard Shard was just funny, he got raped. Plus Shard has been playing the 3 all summer, defending and playing against them as well.

He did it for most of his career, I think he'll be ready.

D Roses Bulls
07-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Zach Harper from ESPN said this is areal possibility

Rivera
07-01-2010, 05:33 PM

ask lebron james if the boston celtics could guard lebron james cause they did a hell of a job guarding him n fusterating him

omdigga
07-01-2010, 05:36 PM
boozer on the magic would be scary... lewis, boozer, howard is a nasty front court..

Rivera
07-01-2010, 05:46 PM
^^^^^ o **** the 3rd guy in ur sig looks like stan van gundy!!!!!!!

chitown 4 life
07-01-2010, 06:03 PM

i dont know, i think pippen in his prime could do a good job on LBJ.. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?

Swashcuff
07-01-2010, 06:08 PM
ask lebron james if the boston celtics could guard lebron james cause they did a hell of a job guarding him n fusterating him

are they 1 player?

Raph12
07-01-2010, 08:28 PM

Exactly, it takes a full team effort, nuff said.

i dont know, i think pippen in his prime could do a good job on LBJ.. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?

I loved Pippen, Jordan and the rest of the '90s Bulls, but Pippen would get raped. Lebron would literally **** all over him and any other defender anyone can put on him.... 1v1, he's unstoppable, plain and simple.

jimbobjarree
07-01-2010, 08:42 PM
I still think the main obstacle for this trade is Lebron James. If Boozer could somehow team up with him I think he'd take it over the Magic. Hopefully Bosh jumps into bed with Lebron quicker than Boozer is able to.

xbrackattackx
07-01-2010, 08:43 PM
I am for this.

ManRam
07-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Brian Schmitz is very reliable...

If you’re hoping that Orlando Magic GM Otis Smith is working on a sign-and-trade for Jazz forward Carlos Boozer, go buy a lottery ticket.

Your chances of winning are greater.

Orlando Sentinel Magic guru Brian Schmitz reports:

Tony Dutt, agent for Rashard Lewis and Brandon Bass, said a rumored sign-and-trade deal between the Magic and the Utah Jazz “has no legs.”

Various versions of the rumor have the Magic packaging Marcin Gortat and Bass in a deal for free agent Carlos Boozer, but sources close to the Magic say they aren’t interested in Boozer, a close friend of Dwight Howard’s.

It’’s way too early to rule anything out, but as of right now it looks like that trade rumor is just a lot of overblown speculation.

With that, we now rejoin your true free-agent frenzy already in progress.

Good night.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2010/07/magic-sign-and-trade-for-carlos-boozer-has-no-legs-agent-says.html

mshan5
07-01-2010, 08:58 PM
It'd be weird seeing Orlando with a big man who actually knows how to play offense.

Bruno
07-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Exactly, it takes a full team effort, nuff said.

I loved Pippen, Jordan and the rest of the '90s Bulls, but Pippen would get raped. Lebron would literally **** all over him and any other defender anyone can put on him.... 1v1, he's unstoppable, plain and simple.

And? It's a five on five sport. 1 vs. 1 discussions are nice, but ultimately it doesn't matter how good you are 1 vs. 1, because great team defenses can lock down any player, no matter how good he is individually.

ManRam
07-01-2010, 09:08 PM

You kind of answered your own question.

You said "the Celtics", you didn't name one player. It's a team effort. No one player can stop him. Having Perk and KG down low to help out is huge. That goes the same for the Magic and Dwight.

EDIT: Raph beat me to it, but yeah.

Kakaroach
07-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Brian Schmitz is very reliable...

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2010/07/magic-sign-and-trade-for-carlos-boozer-has-no-legs-agent-says.html Damn that sucks, what a deal it would have been for both teams. Still a chance, but doesn't sound like a good one.

Raph12
07-01-2010, 09:36 PM
And? It's a five on five sport. 1 vs. 1 discussions are nice, but ultimately it doesn't matter how good you are 1 vs. 1, because great team defenses can lock down any player, no matter how good he is individually.

You're an idiot, go back, read the previous posts and get back at me. Don't just intrude on a convo and pretend like you know what you're talking about.

The arguement was that Shard can't stop Lebron, at which point I said we'd put Pietrus/Barnes/Redick on him, then he said they couldn't stop Lebron, I said no one can, he said the Celts can, I said the Celts aren't just one player.

Next time you should read everything before acting up on something you have no clue about...

Blue Magic
07-01-2010, 09:40 PM

You said "the Celtics", you didn't name one player. It's a team effort. No one player can stop him. Having Perk and KG down low to help out is huge. That goes the same for the Magic and Dwight.

Gerald Wallace

KB24PG16
07-01-2010, 10:12 PM
i hope orlando makes this trade and gets to the finals so pau can dominate boozer for the 3rd straight time

tredigs
07-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Gerald Wallace

...gets abused when he tries to single Lebron.

Lo Porto
07-01-2010, 10:35 PM
If Boozer will take $12.8 in year one of his new contract, Gortat and Bass works financially. That is a very fair and good trade for both teams. Orlando gets an elite offensive post talent to add to their defensive post talent. Utah gets a much needed defensive minded rebounding center and a hustle backup PF.

dodie53
07-01-2010, 10:45 PM
boozer and dwight.
strong front court

lavell12
07-01-2010, 10:47 PM
i hope orlando makes this trade and gets to the finals so pau can dominate boozer for the 3rd straight time

well this time Boozer would have some help inside instead of being the only guy down low. Howard/Boozer > Bynum/Gasol. It is pretty easy for a team with three good inside guys to dominate a team with one offensive inside threat, now try that with Boozer and Howard.

Mochalman
07-01-2010, 11:46 PM
bring in boozer for bass and gortat then carter for arenas.

kblo247
07-01-2010, 11:48 PM
well this time Boozer would have some help inside instead of being the only guy down low. Howard/Boozer > Bynum/Gasol. It is pretty easy for a team with three good inside guys to dominate a team with one offensive inside threat, now try that with Boozer and Howard.

Put Pau on Dwight like in the 09 Finals and put Lamar on Boozer so he can dominate him like he has the past 3 years straight.

hockeyunhboy77
07-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Thad be dangeous booz and superman down low holyyyyyyyy. I may want to go to that team if i were a free agent. The east is becoming way to dominate

boolish
07-02-2010, 12:30 AM
hahaha what happened to bosh to MIA?

numba1CHANGsta
07-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Dwight, Boozer, Lewis would be a dominating front court!:speechless:hope it dont happen

lavell12
07-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Put Pau on Dwight like in the 09 Finals and put Lamar on Boozer so he can dominate him like he has the past 3 years straight.

well those are two different situations, combine Howard and Boozer and they dominate the Lakers backcourt

The reason the Lakers played well against Howard and Boozer was because it was basically two against one in the paint.

Raph12
07-02-2010, 02:35 AM

This isn't 2009, Dwight's made a lot of improvements in his game, let's take a look at his stats vs his best defender (Perk) in comparison for the two years;

His playoffs stats against Boston (without KG and Sheed) in 2009:
16ppg-16rpg-2bpg on 48FG%

His playoffs stats against Boston (with KG, Sheed and an improved Perk/Baby):
22ppg-12rpg-3bpg on 57FG%

Nuff said...

Give Boozer a team like Orlando that spreads the floor better than any other and watch how his game flourishes. Talk is cheap, we'll just wait and see how things unfold.

THE MTL
07-02-2010, 02:41 AM
Orlando Magic will OWN ALL REBOUNDS!!!! lol. Anyway, it would be beast.

But between: Carter, Nelson, Dwight, Lewis, and Boozer that team will be in LUXURY TAX HELL!!!!! It would be a 100 million dollar payroll.

386magictilidie
07-02-2010, 02:48 AM
money ain no thang down in O-town RDV got deep pockets and a brand new arena there is no doubt that we ride into a new season in style new court, upgraded team, and new banners to hang

386magictilidie
07-02-2010, 02:50 AM
RDV already gave the "do what it takes to make the team better" I dont see the problem with the luxury tax when you have ownership like the Magic

WarrenLowe21
07-02-2010, 03:44 AM
Dat would be a GREAT DEAL for the Magic and also a good deal for the Jazz cuz they gettin alot for nothing. Cuz he could just leave without the sign n trade deal.

The Raven
07-02-2010, 03:56 AM
It'd be a great move if they can get the Jazz to do a S&T. Trading Gortat and Bass, and Carter would make sense since you're getting a viable starter out of it who really plays well

Blue Magic
07-02-2010, 04:19 AM

Pau didnt really single Dwight in the finals tho, that was mostly Bynum. Whenever Bynum went out, they'd regularly double with Odom and/or 1 of their guards... Honestly Pau was rarely match'd up 1-on-1 with Dwight, w/o immediate help from what i can recall...

The one thing i like about Boozer though is his rebounding. Im not quite sure how his offensive skillset would mesh, but we could use a goon like him. The worst thing about the Magic in that series wasnt with scoring or getting stops imo, it was with rebounding. Pretty much we had only one 6'10+ guy who could rebound above the rim, they had 3... How can one man, beat 3 guys?

mynameismo
07-02-2010, 04:26 AM
I'd rather they go hard on CP3. They do have some good trade pieces.
Boozer+Howard is Good but CP3+Howard is dayyyuumm!!

Rivera
07-02-2010, 02:56 PM

hey the celtics are a somebody

he said nobody not no one can guard lebron

there is a difference lmao

jimbobjarree
07-02-2010, 03:00 PM
It'd be a great move if they can get the Jazz to do a S&T. Trading Gortat and Bass, and Carter would make sense since you're getting a viable starter out of it who really plays well

the Jazz seem up for it, they have been rumored to be interested in the pieces mentioned. Its all down to wether the Magic want/need Boozer and wether Booz wants to go to Orlando.

RadiantShot
07-02-2010, 03:03 PM
I see it happening if LeBron, Wade, and Amar'e, or any other big 3 free-agents don't join forces. Yes, I said 'don't.'

Jahari Kavi
07-02-2010, 03:22 PM
good deal for both sides

jimbobjarree
07-02-2010, 04:01 PM
The thing is with Boozer is that EVERYBODY thinks they can do better. Teams that are inevitable to lose out on Bosh are still telling him he's an afterthought, and these teams are going to lose out. Even the Magic are saying meh to Boozer, lets go after Paul even though thats a less likely situation.

As soon as someone comes out and say hey Carlos, we actually want you to play for our ball club, I think he'll sign.