PDA

View Full Version : Al Jefferson Requests Trade; Nuggets and Bulls Interested

JordansBulls
07-01-2010, 08:38 AM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16647

Al Jefferson of the Minnesota Timberwolves has requested a trade from the Minnesota Timberwolves. The Wolves tried to move Al leading up to the NBA Draft. Two teams that have shown serious interest include the Denver Nuggets and Chicago Bulls.

S-Dot
07-01-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm loving it for both the Nuggets and the Bulls. This is the type of move that really help both teams, especially the Nuggets. Does the interest in Al Jeff mean that Bosh may be of the market? I wonder what each team could/would give up for him.

As long as the Nuggets can keep Melo, Billups, and Nene in this deal I would like it alot for their team. They have a good amount of valuable, tradable assets

Not sure what/who the Bulls will offer.

Draco
07-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Looks like they're revisit the Deng for Al trade. Not surprising.

R_O_W_E
07-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Looks like they're revisit the Deng for Al trade. Not surprising.

Its not happening now that Wes Johnson is in Minnesota. Along with 4 other SF's. #Kahnfail

Bulldog76
07-01-2010, 08:52 AM
S-Dot... Are you dropping knowledge like sky-diving socrates ?

I think if Minnesota sends Jefferson to Denver, it either delivers them Carmelo in an attempt by Denver to reload/flip their roster...Or Nene and JR Smith... Either way, Al Jefferson is a stud.

Chicago would like to send Luol Deng to Minnesota, and with as thin as their roster is now after shedding almost every contract to clear room for free agency, he's the only player they could/would really offer...unless they want to send Joakim Noah...but I don't think they would want to do that.

R_O_W_E
07-01-2010, 08:54 AM
I'm loving it for both the Nuggets and the Bulls. This is the type of move that really help both teams, especially the Nuggets. Does the interest in Al Jeff mean that Bosh may be of the market? I wonder what each team could/would give up for him.

As long as the Nuggets can keep Melo, Billups, and Nene in this deal I would like it alot for their team. They have a good amount of valuable, tradable assets

I hope the Nuggets make a move. There have been rumors of GS being interested in Kenyon who due to his knee injuries might be able to get insurance, thus not allowing us to have to pay or play him.

I hope JR Smith can go to Minnesota and average 20/5/5.

S-Dot
07-01-2010, 08:57 AM
S-Dot... Are you dropping knowledge like sky-diving socrates ?

I think if Minnesota sends Jefferson to Denver, it either delivers them Carmelo in an attempt by Denver to reload/flip their roster...Or Nene and JR Smith... Either way, Al Jefferson is a stud.

Chicago would like to send Luol Deng to Minnesota, and with as thin as their roster is now after shedding almost every contract to clear room for free agency, he's the only player they could/would really offer...unless they want to send Joakim Noah...but I don't think they would want to do that.

Do you really think they'll give up Melo for Al Jeff? I thought they would use Jefferson to help keep Melo, and get him to sign that extension. I definitely think JR Smith and some picks would be sent...not sure what more though.

S-Dot
07-01-2010, 08:59 AM
I hope the Nuggets make a move. There have been rumors of GS being interested in Kenyon who due to his knee injuries might be able to get insurance, thus not allowing us to have to pay or play him.

I hope JR Smith can go to Minnesota and average 20/5/5.

I forgot about to mention Kenyon's aspect. I read about GS's interest in that. Maybe Minnesota will look at it as well.

R_O_W_E
07-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Do you really think they'll give up Melo for Al Jeff? I thought they would use Jefferson to help keep Melo, and get him to sign that extension. I definitely think JR Smith and some picks would be sent...not sure what more though.

You're a bunch right brah.

Al Jefferson isn't even a Top 30 player in the NBA. There are people who have never seen him play who think hes a Top 5 C in the NBA, when in actuality he is a slow footed PF playing C a la Nene. For what he can bring you on offense around the basket, he literally enjoys watching his mark on defense put his body on him and put the ball in the basket. Maybe it gives him an erection. We'll never know.

Hes the ideal #3 option on a good team. Denver would be smart to bring him in. Hes around Melo's age so they can play together for awhile.

Turtle55
07-01-2010, 09:04 AM

Bulls at this point would probably mostly offer cap relief and the Charlotte first round pick in 2012. Wolves would have to mainly be just looking to get out of Jefferson's contract for this to work though. I would wait until after the meetings with Lee and Boozer though before I made an official offer if I'm Chicago.

Melo15
07-01-2010, 09:18 AM
I would love this for the Nuggets

BOSTON617
07-01-2010, 09:33 AM
if denver got al jefferson i think melo would sign his extension.... but as a boston fan ido not want the nuggets to acquire him or anyone.... i want melo!!

WSU Tony
07-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Everybody is looking for a basement deal.

You won't get Jefferson for merely an expiring, you know that, right?

Kakaroach
07-01-2010, 09:42 AM
They were looking to trade him anyway, so the requesting part isn't that big of a deal.

But if the Nuggets got Al Jeff, they would be a pretty scary team. Would finally give them that low-post scorer that they need so much. What kind of package could they give Minny though? Something around Kenyon Martin? They would have to add in a lot more of course.

ChiSox219
07-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Everybody is looking for a basement deal.

You won't get Jefferson for merely an expiring, you know that, right?

Why should any team give up more than Memphis traded for Zach Randolph?

Jefferson isn't as good, has a major knee surgery, and owed more money.

J4KOP99
07-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Did somebody actually bring up the idea of trading Melo for Jefferson?

Get your head checked. They would be bringing in Al so that Melo stays.

WSU Tony
07-01-2010, 09:55 AM

When the Randolph trade when down, the title of "Slam" magazine was "Randolph now Memphis' problem." I don't see that as an option if Jefferson is traded.

There were many more factors in play when Randolph was traded than simply points per game and money owed.

Melo15
07-01-2010, 09:57 AM
When the Randolph trade when down, the title of "Slam" magazine was "Randolph now Memphis' problem." I don't see that as an option if Jefferson is traded.

There were many more factors in play when Randolph was traded than simply points per game and money owed.

Minnesota crippled any leverage they had. They have been trying to trade him for a while now so don't be surprised if he gets traded for some expiring and some 1st round picks.

ChiSox219
07-01-2010, 09:59 AM

Teams are concerned with Jefferson's big head as well.

And again, Randolph didn't have major surgery.

Lo Porto
07-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Why would Minny trade Jefferson within their own division? Why would Minny trade for Deng when they just got Webster and Johnson? The best trade for Minny is Jefferson to the Knicks for a Lee sign and trade.

WSU Tony
07-01-2010, 10:01 AM
How did we cripple our leverage? WE'll wait until all of the FA sign and the team which is left out will be happy to trade an asset for Al Jefferson.

If Lebron goes to NJ, man would they be happy to part with, say, Favors, for Jefferson and Flynn/Brewer.

J4KOP99
07-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Why would Minny trade Jefferson within their own division? Why would Minny trade for Deng when they just got Webster and Johnson? The best trade for Minny is Jefferson to the Knicks for a Lee sign and trade.

That would be a horrible move for the Knicks. I don't think they would do it.

WSU Tony
07-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Teams are concerned with Jefferson's big head as well.

And again, Randolph didn't have major surgery.

Jefferson doesn't have a big head and has never shown signs of them, either.
If all the Wolves will get are "bargain" offers for other teams, we'll simply hold him until the trade deadline. A PF putting up 20/10 is a valuable chip, if we don't get what we want, then we'll wait.

No skin off my back.

Melo15
07-01-2010, 10:06 AM
How did we cripple our leverage? WE'll wait until all of the FA sign and the team which is left out will be happy to trade an asset for Al Jefferson.

If Lebron goes to NJ, man would they be happy to part with, say, Favors, for Jefferson and Flynn/Brewer.

You've crippled your leverage because you have basically said you don't want him back. Its not like teams are now trying to wow you with offers to convince you to get rid of him. Kahn has even said that they want to get rid of him and become a more up tempo type team. I don't know what you're expecting the Wolves to get but from the looks of it you'll be disappointed.

WSU Tony
07-01-2010, 10:09 AM
You've crippled your leverage because you have basically said you don't want him back. Its not like teams are now trying to wow you with offers to convince you to get rid of him. Kahn has even said that they want to get rid of him and become a more up tempo type team. I don't know what you're expecting the Wolves to get but from the looks of it you'll be disappointed.

Any player putting up 20/10 has trade value. If we don't have leverage right now, then we'll wait until the trade deadline to trade him.

You honestly don't think a guy putting up 20/10 with a "fair" contract has value?

MagicBucsSox
07-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Its not happening now that Wes Johnson is in Minnesota. Along with 4 other SF's. #Kahnfail

hahahahaha the young based god, "on my d**k cause i look like john stockton"

Melo15
07-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Any player putting up 20/10 has trade value. If we don't have leverage right now, then we'll wait until the trade deadline to trade him.

You honestly don't think a guy putting up 20/10 with a "fair" contract has value?

No don't get me wrong I like Al and think he does have value but I think the way that Kahn has handled the situation has hurt his value. At teams he seems like just doesn't want anything to do with Jefferson on the Wolves next year which is a horrible way to go about it. Anytime you make a player publicly available it hurts your leverage, in my opinion.

tangent12
07-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Say NO to Al "iSlack" Jefferson. The guy sucks.

Hawkeye15
07-01-2010, 10:14 AM
so many misconceptions about Jefferson here. He is 25. The last 30 games of last year, we saw the Jefferson from the previous year. He is healthy. He is a 22/11 player, with a $12 million a year deal. He is the best low post scorer in the NBA.
The Wolves will most likely move him. But they will get more than the crap being listed here.

WSU Tony
07-01-2010, 10:16 AM
No don't get me wrong I like Al and think he does have value but I think the way that Kahn has handled the situation has hurt his value. At teams he seems like just doesn't want anything to do with Jefferson on the Wolves next year which is a horrible way to go about it. Anytime you make a player publicly available it hurts your leverage, in my opinion.

Or, the state of the NBA (where people won't trade a washing machine*copyright Hawkeye* for the #2 pick 2 years ago because he's paid 5M) is hurting his value. Kahn has handled it fine, it's how tight the NBA is on money right now that's hurting the value. As soon as teams miss out on the top FA and feel left out, they'll trade something of value for Al.

Didn't the Wolves turn down Al for Deng this past year? I guess Deng sucks too, then.

ChiSox219
07-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Jefferson doesn't have a big head and has never shown signs of them, either.
If all the Wolves will get are "bargain" offers for other teams, we'll simply hold him until the trade deadline. A PF putting up 20/10 is a valuable chip, if we don't get what we want, then we'll wait.

No skin off my back.

He scores inefficiently, below the league average and well below the average for a big man. It's not difficult for someone to score 20 (22.7) when they nearly 20 shots a night.

He's a poor defender and poor passer. He's overpaid and I'd be surprised if the T'Wolves get any player of value for him.

They offered Al Jefferson to a variety of teams asking for a player and a draft pick and got no takers.

WSU Tony
07-01-2010, 10:31 AM
They offered Al Jefferson to a variety of teams asking for a player and a draft pick and got no takers.

Like I said, it's the state of the NBA. A player and a pick are cheap to pay. Cheaper than 12M dollars. Once this whole FA mess gets figured out, teams who missed out will see Jefferson and his 12M differently. If Al was a FA this year, he'd get a much bigger contract than he currently has.

ChiSox219
07-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Like I said, it's the state of the NBA. A player and a pick are cheap to pay. Cheaper than 12M dollars. Once this whole FA mess gets figured out, teams who missed out will see Jefferson and his 12M differently. If Al was a FA this year, he'd get a much bigger contract than he currently has.

No he wouldn't, why would a team give him more, he's already overpaid? Then add, Lee would be maxed at out at about $12m and Boozer won't be getting much more. Plus there's Luis Scola and if a team is that desperate they could go for Randolph and his expiring deal.

Robbw241
07-01-2010, 10:38 AM

Favors for Jefferson and Flynn? Ooo I actually kinda like that.

Kakaroach
07-01-2010, 10:38 AM
I have to agree with Tony on that one, Al Jefferson would most likely get a near max much like Carlos Boozer will if he were a free agent, hell he would prolly get a max. The T-Wolves would do well to just keep him for now and move him later after the dust settles down.

Hawkeye15
07-01-2010, 10:41 AM
the offers for Jefferson recently are not indicative on what will be coming later. With pending free agency, in the oddest year I have ever seen, most teams, in fact only the teams that were not going to be players in free agency in any shape or form, are holding onto all their assets until the free agency dust settles. You will then see reasonable deals going down, and reasonable offers for Jefferson again.

Patience Wolves fans. No need to get uppity dealing with PSD after all this time. Things are finally starting to come together, slowly, for the future of the franchise.

Oefarmy2005
07-01-2010, 10:41 AM

I really can't stand you dude. All I hear out of you recently is blah, blah, blah, blah. You hate Jefferson, that's fine. But you act like you watch him play every day - which you don't and a lot of us do. He is like Randolph, yes, but a Rich man's version. His stat's are some what hollow do to how much he needs the ball to put up those stats, but he is much more skilled on the offensive end and they both suck on defense. He is also younger than Z-Bo and doesn't have the personality issues or drug issues.

Hawkeye15
07-01-2010, 10:42 AM
I have to agree with Tony on that one, Al Jefferson would most likely get a near max much like Carlos Boozer will if he were a free agent, hell he would prolly get a max. The T-Wolves would do well to just keep him for now and move him later after the dust settles down.

you sound like me on the Wolves board for the last 3 weeks.
jesus, PSD has such quick to judge responses its hilarious

WSU Tony
07-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Bingo.

I hope that is the plan.

Hawkeye15
07-01-2010, 10:43 AM
I really can't stand you dude. All I hear out of you recently is blah, blah, blah, blah. You hate Jefferson, that's fine. But you act like you watch him play every day - which you don't and a lot of us do. He is like Randolph, yes, but a Rich man's version. His stat's are some what hollow do to how much he needs the ball to put up those stats, but he is much more skilled on the offensive end and they both suck on defense. He is also younger than Z-Bo and doesn't have the personality issues or drug issues.

rich man's Randolph getting paid like a poor man's Randolph. Seriously, those who blast Jefferson's deal realize what kind of contract Boozer, Bosh, and Amare are going to get, right??????
Would you rather have Amare at $19 million in 2 years, or Jefferson at $14 million?

Oefarmy2005
07-01-2010, 10:47 AM
My only knock on Kahn is this, and I hate to agree with ChiSox219, but he could have waited to sign Pekovic until the last week of FA, IMO.

ChiSox219
07-01-2010, 10:49 AM

Randolph doesn't suck on defense.

I would consider DUI a drug/personality issue.

I'm sorry my realism clashes with your homerism, but I'm not the only one who thinks Jefferson's value is minimal.

Hawkeye15
07-01-2010, 10:49 AM
My only knock on Kahn is this, and I hate to agree with ChiSox219, but he could have waited to sign Pekovic until the last week of FA, IMO.

totally agree.
But this isn't a thread on the state of the Wolves or Kahn. Its about what can Jefferson fetch.

ChiSox219
07-01-2010, 10:50 AM
rich man's Randolph getting paid like a poor man's Randolph. Seriously, those who blast Jefferson's deal realize what kind of contract Boozer, Bosh, and Amare are going to get, right??????
Would you rather have Amare at $19 million in 2 years, or Jefferson at $14 million?

Boozer at $15m

Randolph is a better player, how does that make Jefferson the rich man's version?

Jays Claw
07-01-2010, 10:53 AM
If the Nuggets can keep Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billupd and Nene Hilario in this deal, I would like it a lot for their team.

Carmelo Anthony ain't going nowhere. However, I could see Chauncey Billups, J.R Smith or Chris Anderson going the other way.

I'm not sure what the Bulls have to offer.

They have a lot to offer.

All the Bulls fans on here think they could get any star for Luol Deng.

Hawkeye15
07-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Randolph doesn't suck on defense.

I would consider DUI a drug/personality issue.

I'm sorry my realism clashes with your homerism, but I'm not the only one who thinks Jefferson's value is minimal.

Randolph is not a good defender. Don't pull one year out of your arsenal to defend him

What NBA player doesn't have a criminal issue, agreed

Again, Jefferson makes a reasonable amount for what he produces, when healthy, which he is. Does he need to get to the line more? Yep. But he IS one of the most efficient block scorers in the NBA. He is far more in demand come July 8 when teams with allllllllllll that space miss on Amare, Bosh, and Boozer. And you know this. If you don't agree with that, you haven't ever watched him play in your life, unless it was one of the first 30 games of last season.

tangent12
07-01-2010, 10:55 AM

Hell yeaa we can. :laugh2:

Stunner
I think the Buls might get him. The Nuggets are interested in acquiring Andris Biedrins, according to the Denver Post.

Hawkeye15
Boozer at $15m

Randolph is a better player, how does that make Jefferson the rich man's version?

ah, I see. Its the what have you done for me lately between Randolph and Jefferson.
Jefferson is far superior to Randolph. Take the body of work over the past three years of their prime, and factor in Jefferson being healthy again.

DenButsu
07-01-2010, 10:58 AM
I think the Buls might get him. The Nuggets are interested in acquiring Andris Biedrins, according to the Denver Post.

The Nuggets could still do that deal (K-Mart's expiring for Biedrins + fillers), and trade Nene straight up for AJ.

ChiSox219
07-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Randolph is not a good defender. Don't pull one year out of your arsenal to defend him

What NBA player doesn't have a criminal issue, agreed

Again, Jefferson makes a reasonable amount for what he produces, when healthy, which he is. Does he need to get to the line more? Yep. But he IS one of the most efficient block scorers in the NBA. He is far more in demand come July 8 when teams with allllllllllll that space miss on Amare, Bosh, and Boozer. And you know this. If you don't agree with that, you haven't ever watched him play in your life, unless it was one of the first 30 games of last season.

I did not say Randolph was a good defender.

I agree Jefferson's value can only go up, but if teams like Chi, NJ, NY, Miami sign Boozer, Amare, Lee, Bosh, who is looking to take on Jefferson?

Dallas is, but they aren't offering what you guys want. I'm sure there are other teams but I don't see the T'Wolves getting a starter out of this.

Stunner
I could see the Nuggets doing a Kenyon Martin and a pick for Biedrins and Gadzuric. I think that gets it done.

Stunner
The Nuggets could still do that deal (K-Mart's expiring for Biedrins + fillers), and trade Nene straight up for AJ.

true

WSU Tony
07-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Carmelo Anthony ain't going nowhere. However, I could see Chauncey Billups, J.R Smith or Chris Anderson going the other way.

They have a lot to offer.

Hell yeaa we can. :laugh2:

The funny part is they offered Deng for Jefferson (who they all think sucks ***) and the Wolves said no.

Irony.

VIP1349
07-01-2010, 11:00 AM
If Minnesota would want Nene I know I'd do a swap, willing to toss picks in there to. Jefferson is like exactly what we need, hope we get him.

Kakaroach
07-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Nene would make sense for Minny, but I would imagine they would have to throw in a first rounder or two as well.

ChiSox219
07-01-2010, 11:04 AM
ah, I see. Its the what have you done for me lately between Randolph and Jefferson.
Jefferson is far superior to Randolph. Take the body of work over the past three years of their prime, and factor in Jefferson being healthy again.

No doubt, Randolph matured, or at least his game did. It's possible the same could happen for Jefferson.

I'm weary of Jefferson's knee, don't know what it can withstand or how long it will hold up. Rather go with Randolph on a short term deal and get more production than gamble on Al.

Draco
07-01-2010, 11:05 AM

you're right, I forgot about Webster.

bahama0811
07-01-2010, 11:07 AM
I would love to see the Nuggets make something happen with this. When Jefferson is healthy he's a double/double machine. I'd do Nene and a pick for AJ.

minervamob
07-01-2010, 11:09 AM

So why are they trying to recruit Rudy Gay? Why get Gay when you can get Deng?

VIP1349
07-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Gay's better? Not sure if that factors into it at all.

WSU Tony
07-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Deng would cost assets to attain. Gay wouldn't.

JOSKOMANG4
07-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Trade idea:

3 WAY TRADE!

- NUGGETS ACQUIRE PF AL JEFFERSON & PG L.WILLIAMS

LINEUP:

C) NENE
PF) A.JEFFERSON
SF) MELO
SG) AFFALO
PG) C.BILLUPS

- SIXERS ACQUIRE PF K.MARTIN

LINEUP:

C) SPEIGHTS
PF) K.MARTIN
SF) AI23
SG) E.TURNER
PG) J.HOLIDAY

- T'WOLVES ACQUIRE PF/SG A.NOCIONI SG JR SMITH

C) LEE(FA SIGNING)
PF) LOVE
SF) W.JOHNSON
SG) JR SMITH
PG) J.FLYNN/R.SESSIONS

Draco
07-01-2010, 11:14 AM
who knows what the wolves.. they draft multiple PGs with back to back high picks, not worth trying to figure out why they're looking to attain multiple SFs.

DenButsu
07-01-2010, 11:14 AM

Why? To fulfill the promise of the Gay-Love-Sessions lineup.

(Full disclosure: ^joke stolen from http://twitter.com/ShamSports)

WSU Tony
07-01-2010, 11:15 AM
who knows what the wolves.. they draft multiple PGs, not worth trying to figure out why they're looking to attain multiple SFs.

One PG is over seas, the other was traded for a pick. Johnson can play SG.

So in reality the Wolves have 2 PG's on their rosther (how many does your team have?) and they have 2 SF.

Does your team not believe in backups?

Mauer.400
07-01-2010, 11:16 AM
If the Wolves are going to unload Jefferson its NOT for cap relief...he doesn't fit our system. If he goes to Chicago MN will want Noah + maybe some cap relief, if its Denver is going to either cost them Melo or some package of JR Smith, Denvers Pick nxt year top 10 protected, and the 2012 Charlotte pick.

Draco
07-01-2010, 11:18 AM
One PG is over seas, the other was traded for a pick. Johnson can play SG.

So in reality the Wolves have 2 PG's on their rosther (how many does your team have?) and they have 2 SF.

Does your team not believe in backups?

Sure, but most people scratch their heads over their use of the 5th pick to a draft backup. Still, props to the wolves for screwing up NYs draft plan lol

WSU Tony
07-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Why? To fulfill the promise of the Gay-Love-Sessions lineup.

(Full disclosure: ^joke stolen from http://twitter.com/ShamSports)

If we drafted Favors.....

Darko
Love
Gay
Favor
Sessions

VIP1349
07-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Can people please stop saying we are trading Melo' for Jefferson, not happening.

WSU Tony
07-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Sure, but most people scratch their heads over the use of the 5th and 6th pick to draft backups. Still, props to the wolves for screwing up NYs draft plan lol

When a team wins 15 games, they take the player who they feel is the most talented. We felt Rubio was the most talented player at #5 (he was) and we felt Flynn was the next most talented. Rubio staying over seas for 2 years only helps enforce the decision to take two PG's with the picks, not the opposite.

Corey
07-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Celtics

Sheed's contract - Will come off the books when he officially retires
Perkins - Second best defensive center in the league. Injured, but has an expiring contract and his bird rights will transfer over if they want to re-sign him
2011 First rounder

for

Jefferson

WSU Tony
07-01-2010, 11:23 AM
We just signed Pekovic who according to ESPN would have been a top 10 pick if he was in this draft. I don't know if Perkins is valuable to us.

Then again we like to have 2 good players at every slot so maybe he is.... lol.

soxnfins
07-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Trade idea:

3 WAY TRADE!

- NUGGETS ACQUIRE PF AL JEFFERSON & PG L.WILLIAMS

LINEUP:

C) NENE
PF) A.JEFFERSON
SF) MELO
SG) AFFALO
PG) C.BILLUPS

- SIXERS ACQUIRE PF K.MARTIN

LINEUP:

C) SPEIGHTS
PF) K.MARTIN
SF) AI23
SG) E.TURNER
PG) J.HOLIDAY

- T'WOLVES ACQUIRE PF/SG A.NOCIONI SG JR SMITH

C) LEE(FA SIGNING)
PF) LOVE
SF) W.JOHNSON
SG) JR SMITH
PG) J.FLYNN/R.SESSIONS
Wolves get fleeced in this deal......

S-Dot
07-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Can people please stop saying we are trading Melo' for Jefferson, not happening.

:clap::clap::clap:He would be sent there to complement/keep Melo in my opinion

iamsteel
07-01-2010, 11:43 AM

There was an article saying he could be traded if they can't get a contract extension, so why couldn't Melo get traded for Big Al, Wesley "Sniper" Johnson, and another throw in?

nuggetsyankees
07-01-2010, 11:46 AM
the nuggets would have to give Nene, Balkman, and a pick to get big Al

VIP1349
07-01-2010, 11:47 AM
There was an article saying he could be traded if they can't get a contract extension, so why couldn't Melo get traded for Big Al, Wesley "Sniper" Johnson, and another throw in?
That's a worse case scenario thing and until Melo' comes out and says "I'm not signing the extension" nothing will come of it. Right now we are trying to appeal to Melo' by getting him some guys that he doesn't have to carry to the finals.

S-Dot
07-01-2010, 11:48 AM

He also said he's not signing until they show further commitment to winning. A trade like this will prove that they're looking to do this...a 25 year old power forward who could be something special in this league.

Klivlend
07-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Anyone see the Cavs making an attempt to land Jefferson?

Kakaroach
07-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Anyone see the Cavs making an attempt to land Jefferson? Prolly not. If they make a move I would imagine Bosh or Amare.

But Nene+2 first rounders for Big Al would be a good trade for both sides i would think.

nuggetsyankees
^The Cavs are basically throwing in the towel if they don't keep LeBrom

S-Dot

He would definitely be a good fit there, but Cleveland has been pretty hesitant this offseason. Not sure why, but I think all focus is LBJ at this point with the Cavs. And no team is looking to help them keep him.

nuggetsyankees
07-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Nene, Balkman & a 2nd rounder would do the deal and both teams would feel satisfied

Kakaroach
07-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Nene, Balkman & a 2nd rounder would do the deal and both teams would feel satisfied I don't think the T-Wolves would do that deal at all. It would have to at least be one first rounder, most likely 2.

VIP1349
07-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Not like we ever draft well would certainly toss a first rounder in there if they'd do it.

Klivlend
07-01-2010, 12:05 PM
He would definitely be a good fit there, but Cleveland has been pretty hesitant this offseason. Not sure why, but I think all focus is LBJ at this point with the Cavs. And no team is looking to help them keep him.

Ya, I think he would be a good fit as well. You're right, the focus was on LBJ and signing a head coach. Reportedly, they're gonna sign Byron Scott. Hopefully now they can take a more public and active role in making trades to show LBJ they will continue to build a team around him to persuade him to sign.

Mudvayne91
07-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Oh man, we'd get Jefferson and get rid of Nene?! My birthday is tomorrow, but that would be the best present of all.

imagesrdecievin
07-01-2010, 12:21 PM
The market dictates value. Once FA is over the market will shift dramatically. The Wolves would be wise to hold on to Al Jeff until the trade deadline.

The scary thing about the situation - is that Minny has amassed enough assets to really pull something special off via trade if the right guy were made available via trade.

VIP1349
07-01-2010, 12:26 PM
The market dictates value. Once FA is over the market will shift dramatically. The Wolves would be wise to hold on to Al Jeff until the trade deadline.

The scary thing about the situation - is that Minny has amassed enough assets to really pull something special off via trade if the right guy were made available via trade.
You don't want a guy that doesn't want to be on the team for that long. If you can get something that works now you take it so you can build chemistry.

imagesrdecievin
07-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Yeah but Al Jeff is a pretty decent guy. I don't see any blow ups or chemistry problems. The minny media market isn't really big enough for this turn into a saga like it would if it were NY, LA, Chi, Phi... etc.

nuggetsyankees
07-01-2010, 12:39 PM
I have to say, Nene is probably one of the best players in the league in establishing chemistry quickly, if you don't agree then you haven't seen him and Ty Lawson play together

CubsFanBudMan#1
07-01-2010, 12:39 PM
I don't love this move for the bulls. Why they want to trade for a player when they can sign a David Lee or Carlos Boozer and give up nothing. I would be okay if say they can sigh LBJ trade for Jefferson and Use the left over cap For a shooter.

RIPSweetness34
07-01-2010, 12:42 PM

Dude, you make us Bulls fans look terrible. First you go off about the Bulls making a huge move getting rid of Hinrich which was one of the best moves they could make, now you are saying a 20/10 guy sucks. I mean, really?

:facepalm:

tangent12
07-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Dude, you make us Bulls fans look terrible. First you go off about the Bulls making a huge move getting rid of Hinrich which was one of the best moves they could make, now you are saying a 20/10 guy sucks. I mean, really?

:facepalm:

Duuuuuuude, i could care less what another man thinks about me, much less a nobody like you. I'm actually kind of freaked out you've been stalking me that much. >.> LOL, weirdo.

Also, judgement day is still to come for the Hinrich trade because if we strike out it was obviously not worth it seeing as how we gave him away for nothing. So stop being so girly and getting all emotional about how i make you look just because we don't share the same opinions or points of view. Also focus more on chicks and what they do ... not other men. >.>

The Raven
07-01-2010, 12:46 PM

i think it'd be in their best interest to at least attempt to get someone this off season who's going to provide an impact instead of seemingly throwing in the towel if they don't get Lebron

zambo4president
07-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Deng and 2 future 1sts. GET IT DONE!

Rose
JJ
LeBron
Al Jeff
Noah

That team would steamroll for the next 4 or 5 seasons :laugh:

Pierzynski4Prez
07-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Duuuuuuude, i could care less what another man thinks about me, much less a nobody like you. I'm actually kind of freaked out you've been stalking me that much. >.> LOL, weirdo.

Also, judgement day is still to come for the Hinrich trade because if we strike out it was obviously not worth it seeing as how we gave him away for nothing. So stop being so girly and getting all emotional about how i make you look just because we don't share the same opinions or points of view. Also focus more on chicks and what they do ... not other men. >.>

So he doesn't agree with you on something to do with basketball, and your comeback is a gay joke? Get over yourself buddy. Are you really freaked out because someone has been quoting you in a thread? Maybe he just disagrees with you. But I guess that is stalkerish according to you. Am I stalking you now for responding to you? Guess so.

And what's with all the >>>?

srbaseball2003
07-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Yeah but Al Jeff is a pretty decent guy. I don't see any blow ups or chemistry problems. The minny media market isn't really big enough for this turn into a saga like it would if it were NY, LA, Chi, Phi... etc.

Despite being a small market team, Minnesota is actually a top 10-15 Media Market in the country....Just sayin...were 15th on the link below

http://www.proadvance.com/topmediamarkets.html

imagesrdecievin
07-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Despite being a small market team, Minnesota is actually a top 10-15 Media Market in the country....Just sayin...were 15th on the link below

http://www.proadvance.com/topmediamarkets.html

I stand corrected.

I still maintain my point that Al Jeff wanting to be traded doesn't cause a problem if Minny bides it's time.

NBAfan4life
07-01-2010, 01:11 PM
3 team trade one involving a S&T

MN Gay
grizzles ???
other team???

Less likely but it is possible

nuggetsyankees
07-01-2010, 01:15 PM

MN Gay
grizzles ???
other team???

why would you post a S&T of 3 teams without one team and only one team receiving anything :facepalm:

DenButsu
07-01-2010, 01:15 PM

MN Gay
grizzles ???
other team???

Not to be overly critical or anything, but I do believe you have just won yourself the Vaguest Trade Idea Ever Award at PSD. :cool:

NBAfan4life
07-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Not to be overly critical or anything, but I do believe you have just won yourself the Vaguest Trade Idea Ever Award at PSD. :cool:

I know basically I was just stating that with the darko signing Mn is not completely out of the "gaystakes". I know they have less of a chance now but it is still possible.

S-Dot
07-01-2010, 01:35 PM
I have to say, Nene is probably one of the best players in the league in establishing chemistry quickly, if you don't agree then you haven't seen him and Ty Lawson play together

Nene is highly underappreciated in this league. I've admired his tenacity and consistent play, especially this past season with Kenyon and Chris Andersen not having the same seasons they had in 2009. If they could somehow keep Nene and get Jefferson, they would be solid together.

Stunner
07-01-2010, 01:38 PM
AL gonna do his thing next year i pefer him over Boozer because he is younger.

Hawkeye15
07-01-2010, 02:11 PM
what would the Bulls have besides Deng to give the Wolves? Just a question, was curious to the responses

abe_froman
07-01-2010, 02:15 PM
what would the Bulls have besides Deng to give the Wolves? Just a question, was curious to the responses

gibson,james johnson,asik,tpe,cat pick,bulls future picks

i really hope the bulls dont do this so act like its horrible all you like :laugh:

christexaport
07-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Do you guys really believe Denver will rid themselves of Nene in the West? You need multiple bigs to win the West, and I'd expect them to keep both Nene and Jefferson.

kozelkid
07-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Ya, it's hoopsworld, I'm not worried.
The last thing we need is a black hole who doesn't play defense.

Kyben36
07-01-2010, 02:38 PM
bulls will only make a move if we cant land bosh. because we have made it clear we want bosh by meating with him last nigh. we are also probably looking to move deng as well. so those are the 2 cases.

magichatnumber9
07-01-2010, 02:51 PM
As much as I like Big Al he is more of an asset to me being a locker room cancer for the Timberwolves.

JordansBulls
07-01-2010, 02:57 PM
I'd take Al Jefferson if it meant getting Lebron or Wade or even Melo.

chitownbears89
07-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Or, the state of the NBA (where people won't trade a washing machine*copyright Hawkeye* for the #2 pick 2 years ago because he's paid 5M) is hurting his value. Kahn has handled it fine, it's how tight the NBA is on money right now that's hurting the value. As soon as teams miss out on the top FA and feel left out, they'll trade something of value for Al.

Didn't the Wolves turn down Al for Deng this past year? I guess Deng sucks too, then.

Bingo! Dude blows. And his suckiness is only surpassed by that joke of a contract he has. I would gladly give him up for a Reese's right now. As I am craving one.

Stunner
07-01-2010, 03:00 PM
This is from ESPN's Free Agency Chat...which has been awesome BTW. A lot of informative stuff.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...aily-dime-live

I'll be on the hunt for that link, but for now, it looks like Gay is staying.

Here's another link.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...-year-contrac/

David Aldridge reporting it's 6 years 100 million on NBA.com

Looks like Gay off the table for the T'Wolves and Nets makes Deng more tradeable now.

nuggetsyankees
07-01-2010, 04:36 PM
The Nuggets would probably have to give up JR, Birdman, picks for Big Al

IversonIsKrazy
07-01-2010, 08:02 PM
I don't want Bulls to pursue Big-Al, but Denver would be very interesting. Imagine Melo/Al/Billups/JR/Nene wow!

DenButsu
07-01-2010, 08:05 PM
I don't want Bulls to pursue Big-Al, but Denver would be very interesting. Imagine Melo/Al/Billups/JR/Nene wow!

I think that Denver would probably have to trade Nene to get him. So it would probably be (as roster currently constructed):

CB/JR/Melo/K-Mart/AJ

But maybe, if the Nuggs-Warriors rumor develops into a real trade:

CB/JR/Melo/AJ/Biedrins

And it's quite possible that JR gets traded, too.

plpfctn
07-01-2010, 08:30 PM
david kahn is destroying the Twolves

JordansBulls
07-01-2010, 11:06 PM

What would the Nuggets give for him?

Melo15
07-01-2010, 11:10 PM

Probably Nene and picks

draino
07-01-2010, 11:11 PM
As a jazz fan i would love to get big al... he is primed to have a huge year....i would do AK 47 and / or sign and trade with boozer....throw in anything within reason for that deal....Big Al is sick on the block

Mudvayne91
07-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Wouldn't Boozer have to agree to go there? I'd imagine he'd only go to a team that is a legit contender. I don't know if they'd really want AK either, at least compared to getting some of the players from CHI or Denver

nuggetsyankees
07-02-2010, 12:23 AM

I still believe the Wolves would want JR, Birdman, and a 1st round pick for Big Al instead of the Nene deal, so Kevin Love no longer has to come off the bench sometimes which Nene's presence would hinder

rabzouz 96
07-02-2010, 12:28 AM
jakes on timberwolves, shouldve drafted cousins.

thesparky33
07-02-2010, 01:32 AM
I just hope the Wolves give him up for crap.

Mudvayne91
07-02-2010, 01:34 AM
^ if that's the case, Nene is all yours.

21isBack
07-02-2010, 04:49 AM
Great DEAL for Bulls. We only spend a couple more mil but get the PF we been NEEDING.

DenButsu
07-02-2010, 04:55 AM
^ if that's the case, Nene is all yours.

Nene has been inconsistent, so he's definitely had his downs along with his ups, but to say he's "crap" is really not accurate. Not even close.

JordansBulls
07-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Probably Nene and picks

No way would I give up Nene for him.

Melo15
07-02-2010, 10:19 AM
No way would I give up Nene for him.

I don't mind giving up Nene for him as long as we can get a solid center to play with Jefferson, however if the Nuggets trade Kenyon for Biedrins I might just go ahead and give up. If we trade for Biedrins we don't deserve to even sniff the playoffs.

NYK|NYY
07-02-2010, 10:20 AM
How about If the Knicks acquire Al Jefferson we ship him with Gallinari and maybe a pick for 'Melo? If Melo wants to be traded that is.

WSU Tony
07-02-2010, 10:24 AM
The Wolves would trade Jefferson for Gallinari.

Melo15
07-02-2010, 10:24 AM
How about If the Knicks acquire Al Jefferson we ship him with Gallinari and maybe a pick for 'Melo? If Melo wants to be traded that is.

If we do put Melo on the block that would definately be an option thats considered. I could see a team giving up a lot of young talent for him though, yet we could make the decision to trade him to the eastern conference so we wouldn't have to deal with playing against him. All things considered though I think Melo signs the extension.

NYK|NYY
07-02-2010, 10:29 AM
The Wolves would trade Jefferson for Gallinari.

Yeah I just don't want Jefferson in this system.

tbone2171
07-02-2010, 10:40 AM
jakes on timberwolves, shouldve drafted cousins.

There was absolutely no chance that Cousins was coming here..He wouldn't even work out for the Timberwolves