PDA

View Full Version : Why do NBA Players get Paid So Much?

mambaburger24
06-30-2010, 10:29 PM
I mean Walton, Shaq(last few years),Eddy Curry etc..

No way they deserve the money ( only a few Kobe, Lebron, Wade,Howard,Paul, WIlliams)

they are just potheads

:bs:

NYKnickFanatic
06-30-2010, 10:32 PM
You dont deserve to be apart of PSD.

*Silver&Black*
06-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Does these "worst contracts" threads that are being made have anything to do with the RUMORED contract the Hawks are showing JJ?

*Superman*
06-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Because no one wants to watch a garbage man pick garbage or someone flip burgers?

0nekhmer
06-30-2010, 10:49 PM
why do WNBA players get paid so little? ;)

Vikingfan84
06-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Anytime your contract is larger than the President of the United States, you're getting paid too much.

These athletes act as if they're out on a battlefield in World War 3. Those are the guys that deserve to get paid, not these guys that are doing what they enjoy to do.

At least some of them donate money for good causes.

Mudvayne91
06-30-2010, 10:52 PM
What's the deal with Knicks fans tonight?

mia305king
06-30-2010, 10:53 PM
What's the deal with airline food ?

dbroncos78087
They get paid because of their marginal productivity. Although i dont suppose anyone is looking for an economic analysis of why and just wants to vent, am i right?

ReedBoshMarleau
Anytime your contract is larger than the President of the United States, you're getting paid too much.

These athletes act as if they're out on a battlefield in World War 3. Those are the guys that deserve to get paid, not these guys that are doing what they enjoy to do.

At least some of them donate money for good causes.

your right, all those people in the war fighting to get the United States oil money because of their greed should be payed higher then NBA players... what a joke

blah-blah
06-30-2010, 11:02 PM
cause theyre good

mambaburger24
06-30-2010, 11:04 PM
cause theyre good

OO yea buddy Morrison desreved his 16 mil the last 2 yrs

what a joke

Swashcuff
06-30-2010, 11:04 PM
why do ppl keep *****ing about professional athletes' pay???? its just the way the world works deal with it and move on.

Gators123
06-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Some people get lucky.

Mudvayne91
06-30-2010, 11:06 PM
What's the deal with airline food ?

fair enough.

Swashcuff
to the OP what do you propose should be done to STOP NBA players from getting paid so much.

KaganRS
They get paid because we support them by viewing the games on television.

The advertising and television research drives the price of NBA tv deals.

Don't watch , and the value of the league will slowly go down.

There's also the fans that pay ridiculous prices to go and watch the games at the arenas . Most of the money for the players usually comes from gate revenues. or if you go to Auburn Hills michigan and they charge you 10 dollars just to park , in a parking lot that they own , that pays the players salary for the game.

_KB24_
06-30-2010, 11:08 PM
I gotta feed my wife and kids! :mad: *Latrell Sprewell voice*

robruss614
06-30-2010, 11:14 PM
They get paid so much because the average joe couldnt beat the 13th man on the bench in a game !!! lol the question i have is why do owners who make hundreds of millions of dollars and cry broke when it comes to putting a decent team on the court (ie ROBERT SARVER suns owner) !!!

Swashcuff
06-30-2010, 11:14 PM
They get paid because we support them by viewing the games on television.

The advertising and television research drives the price of NBA tv deals.

Don't watch , and the value of the league will slowly go down.

There's also the fans that pay ridiculous prices to go and watch the games at the arenas . Most of the money for the players usually comes from gate revenues. or if you go to Auburn Hills michigan and they charge you 10 dollars just to park , in a parking lot that they own , that pays the players salary for the game.

dude its not only the price of admission thats ridiculous, its the merchandise, food, drink, snack, every single thing.

Swashcuff
06-30-2010, 11:15 PM
The reason NBA players get paid so much....

Because the NBA is a business and the businessmen (owners) are making smart investments in which they are reaping the benefits. Its all about the might $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

DEAL WITH IT!

PurpleJesus
06-30-2010, 11:23 PM
basketball players get paid so much because they make their owners rich

Swashcuff
06-30-2010, 11:24 PM
basketball players get paid so much because they make their owners richer

fixed

Sixerlover
06-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Think of the revenue they bring into their organizations. How much money in sponsorships, ticket sales, jersey sales, advertisements etc does LeBron bring into Cleveland? Or D-Wade or CP3 etc.. They deserve the $$ because that is how much they are worth to their companies. Just like in any other job.

kjdills13
06-30-2010, 11:32 PM
i love how hypocritical the person who started this thread is.

The reason why they get paid so much is because people are obbsesed with sports and the nba and when they give a player 20 million it can make them 100 million when they give a player 8 million it can make them 60 million.

These players are making money because US the fans are watching and the ones GIVING them the money.

If you think they shouldnt make the money then dont watch games, dont come and BLOG about these players because the fact that you are apart of this site means you are a BIG sports fans and one of the main reasons why they make this money.

I love sports and IDC how much they get paid because i enjoy watching them play. Im not going to be a hypocrite and watch games and complain on why they get paid.

Sorry for the rant but seriously. Anyone who blogs about why people get paid so much on a sports site is the LAST person who should be complaining about why they get paid so much.

Wisdom Listens
06-30-2010, 11:35 PM
Capitalism.