PDA

View Full Version : Bulls and Heat Available Cap Space

YankeeFan28
06-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Over on ESPN Insider, they have a post regarding the Bulls' and Heat's available cap space.

It's mentioned that people think that all the Bulls needs to do is get rid of James Johnson's contract, and they'll have the space two sign to max free agents. But according to "salary cap expert" Larry Coon, he says, "that's not the case."

They mention Deng is in the way of two max contracts, and that Toronto is not willing to take on Deng in a sign and trade for Bosh.

As for the Heat, Larry Coon writes that the Heat cannot sign Bosh, James and Wade to max contracts and that "the Heat are really maxed out on moves to create more cap space." If Bosh and Lebron want to join Wade, someone's going to have to take less money.

Have at it.

dnewguy
06-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Over on ESPN Insider, they have a post regarding the Bulls' and Heat's available cap space.

It's mentioned that people think that all the Bulls needs to do is get rid of James Johnson's contract, and they'll have the space two sign to max free agents. But according to "salary cap expert" Larry Coon, he says, "that's not the case."

They mention Deng is in the way of two max contracts, and that Toronto is not willing to take on Deng in a sign and trade for Bosh.

As for the Heat, Larry Coon writes that the Heat cannot sign Bosh, James and Wade to max contracts and that "the Heat are really maxed out on moves to create more cap space." If Bosh and Lebron want to join Wade, someone's going to have to take less money.

Have at it.

Micky Arison is not afraid to go over the cap to get Lebron, Riley have always said they will spend whatever it takes as long as the player is worth the price.

Draco
06-30-2010, 01:19 PM
If the Bulls can't unload Deng then I'm liking Ford's Lebron and Johnson scenario since Johnson is reportedly willing to sign for less than max.

JordansBulls
06-30-2010, 01:21 PM
If the Bulls can't unload Deng then I'm liking Ford's Lebron and Johnson scenario since Johnson is reportedly willing to sign for less than max.

Agreed

Kakaroach
06-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Micky Arison is not afraid to go over the cap to get Lebron, Riley have always said they will spend whatever it takes as long as the player is worth the price. Thats not the problem, its that they can't offer another max, which is what most of these guys are expecting and will get.

If the Bulls can't unload Deng then I'm liking Ford's Lebron and Johnson scenario since Johnson is reportedly willing to sign for less than max. The Knicks are likely to sign JJ to a max, so I don't see him signing for less anywhere.

beasted86
06-30-2010, 01:40 PM
They have to take paycuts, but not to the extreme you seem to think.

Their cap holds & max contract for all 3 is exactly: $16,568,908

Assuming Beasley is used in a S&T for Bosh........

PG: Chalmers $0.854M
SG: Wade $16.4M
SF: LeBron $16.4M
PF: Bosh $16.4M
C:: Anthony $1.06M (qualifying offer)

EX: Jones' buyout: $1.5M

Total: $52.614M + $3.315M (cap holds x 7) = $55.929

Just under the $56.1M salary cap. Feel free to email this scenario to Larry Coon. It's all legit. Also three other things to note:

1) The Heat can rescind the qualifying offer to Joel Anthony and offer all their true max
2) If the rumored S&T leaked today goes through they can also get their true max
3) $16.4M in FL is still more than most other team can offer because of the tax situation

redwhitenblue
06-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Anthony and Chalmers were involved in the "trade"

beasted86
06-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Anthony and Chalmers were involved in the "trade"

Yeah, if they are traded they can all get their true max. I was just laying out 1 scenario of cap space use.

Heater4life
06-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Coon's basis of argument is based on Michael Beasley still remaining on the team, in which case he is correct. If Beasley if traded to toronto in a S&T deal (which is being reported unoffcially). All players would have to agree to a pay cut of 16.4/yr, in which they would still stand to make the same amount of money as a max deal anywhere else due to lack of state tax (save 800k/yr at 5%).

In any case they dont agree to less than max after Beasley deal, they can rescind Joel Anthony's 1.08M qualifying offer, which would allow to give each player the max.

It isnt that difficult for the Heat to do, and isnt a farfetched plan by any means. But we all will have to wait and see.

Heater4life
06-30-2010, 01:46 PM
They have to take paycuts, but not to the extreme you seem to think.

Their cap holds & max contract for all 3 is exactly: $16,568,908

Assuming Beasley is used in a S&T for Bosh........

PG: Chalmers $0.854M
SG: Wade $16.4M
SF: LeBron $16.4M
PF: Bosh $16.4M
C:: Anthony $1.06M (qualifying offer)

EX: Jones' buyout: $1.5M

Total: $52.614M + $3.315M (cap holds x 7) = $55.929

Just under the $56.1M salary cap. Feel free to email this scenario to Larry Coon. It's all legit. Also three other things to note:

1) The Heat can rescind the qualifying offer to Joel Anthony and offer all their true max
2) If the rumored S&T leaked today goes through they can also get their true max
3) $16.4M in FL is still more than most other team can offer because of the tax situation

LMAO!!!! You always beat me to it! :clap:

beasted86
06-30-2010, 01:48 PM
LMAO!!!! You always beat me to it! :clap:

Because I copy and pasted the same exact post from yesterday. :D

camador22
06-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Heat lands Lebron, Wade and Bosh

Knicks land J.J and Amare

Bulls land Boozer

Nets land Gay

Heater4life
06-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Because I copy and pasted the same exact post from yesterday. :D

I copied and pasted your post from yesterday to show an ignorant Knick fan how our cap situation actually works out. Hope you dont mind. Just feel ignorance is unacceptable.

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-30-2010, 02:00 PM
The Key is Beasley... Lets see if the DYNASTY really happens....
Either way LBJ or not the Knicks will be better this season so im not stressin.........

Heater4life
06-30-2010, 02:07 PM
The Key is Beasley... Lets see if the DYNASTY really happens....
Either way LBJ or not the Knicks will be better this season so im not stressin.........

Same here man. Although we all want Lebron and Bosh; regarless of what happens all teams with cap space should be in position for some sort of improvement.

JOSKOMANG4
06-30-2010, 02:07 PM
If i were the heat, I would!

1) Resign D.Wade(max contract)

2) Sign Lebron James(max contract)

3) Sign Carlos Boozer(5yr 55mill)

4) Keep Beasley & Chalmers

5) Resign C) Joel Anthony & SF Q.Richardson

6) Sign C) Shaquille O'Neal( 1yr 5.0 mill), PG K.Dooling( vet minimum), and SG Raja Bell(1yr 3.5mill).

2010-2011 projected Lineup:

C) Shaq
PF) Boozer
SF) L.James
SG) D.Wade
PG) Chalmers

Bench:

SG R.Bell
PF M.Beasley
SF Q.Richardson
PG K.Dooling
SF/SG D.Butler(rookie)
PF J.Varnardo(Rookie)
C J.Anthony
C D.Pittman(rookie)

Phenomenonsense
06-30-2010, 02:09 PM
Heat fans ignoring rules of the Cap space? Aren't you charged X amount for not having enough players on the roster?

JOSKOMANG4
06-30-2010, 02:11 PM
Heat fans ignoring rules of the Cap space? Aren't you charged X amount for not having enough players on the roster?

isn't it 12-15 ppl? I got 13 man roster right there.

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Lol.. Lbj is prob laughin at all the teams thats weakening themselves knowing he's def not goin there... My team was terrible so we had to purge anyway... I wonder if he's tryin to make his road back to the finals easier that way...

Heater4life
06-30-2010, 02:17 PM

No man, not by any means. If it wasnt possible, and i or any Heat fan were relying on some wild dream scenario, id be the first to call them out. Look at the first page, Heat fan Beasted explains it in detail (all legit numbers, nothing constructed)

JOSKOMANG4
06-30-2010, 02:19 PM
As for the Bulls...

1) Sign Chris Bosh to the max contract

2) Sign Tracy Mcgrady to a vets minimum.

Starting LIneup:

C) Noah
PF) Bosh
SF) Deng
SG) T-Mac
PG) Rose

effen5
06-30-2010, 02:26 PM
As for the Bulls...

1) Sign Chris Bosh to the max contract

2) Sign Tracy Mcgrady to a vets minimum.

Starting LIneup:

C) Noah
PF) Bosh
SF) Deng
SG) T-Mac
PG) Rose

:facepalm:

CrazyCrackar
06-30-2010, 02:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-freeagency-100629/cap-room-summary

saw this on ESPN, dont know if it helps........

Floridag8tr
06-30-2010, 02:32 PM
no brainer !!! come to Miami if you wanna win it all and have a change to catch Kobe and Jordan .... The problem with Chi Town is Rose and Noah will be free agents in 2 years and we know how the Chi Town owners are Cheap ... just go to miami and ur set with the NBAs big 3 for at least 5 years....Lets do this

unleashthebeast
06-30-2010, 02:49 PM
Heat lands Lebron, Wade and Bosh

Knicks land J.J and Amare

Bulls land Boozer

Nets land Gay

thats what im praying for:). if it happens that way than i would expect the bulls to go hard after granger and for the nets to sign lee

redwhitenblue
06-30-2010, 03:13 PM
no brainer !!! come to Miami if you wanna win it all and have a change to catch Kobe and Jordan .... The problem with Chi Town is Rose and Noah will be free agents in 2 years and we know how the Chi Town owners are Cheap ... just go to miami and ur set with the NBAs big 3 for at least 5 years....Lets do this
You've been told multiple times that you're wrong, why do you keep posting this junk?