PDA

View Full Version : Suns, Stoudemire to talk more

YankeeFan28
06-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Suns All-Star Amar'e Stoudemire, agent Happy Walters, Suns Managing Partner Robert Sarver and Suns Coach Alvin Gentry had a long meeting and "made progress" on Tuesday night in Los Angeles, according to Walters.

Stoudemire participated in much of the meeting, as Walters and the Suns' brass met for more than three hours in regard to a contract extension.

Walters said they will continue talking Wednesday, when Stoudemire could become a free agent at 9 p.m. Arizona time by exercising an early termination option in his contract that has a $17.7 million salary left on it for next season.

Talks with the Suns could continue into free agency for Stoudemire, whose exclusive negotiating rights with him end Wednesday. Free agents can negotiate with teams for a week starting at 9 p.m. Wednesday. Free agent contracts can't be signed until July 8.http://www.azcentral.com/sports/Blog/PaulCoro/87985

king4day
06-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Figure if STAT is really interested in resigning, then Sarver must have a plan. Amar'e said he wants a commitment that the team will do what's necessary to win. I can't see him staying if Sarver cuts spending intead.

magichatnumber9
06-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Amare you better stay. Lebron aint worth it. that backstabber

Kakaroach
06-30-2010, 12:42 PM
I wouldn't be that surprised if he ends up staying in PHX. He is the guy there, and I'd imagine they will offer him the max.

kjdills13
06-30-2010, 12:58 PM
They are discussing sign and trade situations. bc there is no contract talks. Amare has made it clear give him the max or he will walk or be used in a s&T. So in regards to amare staying there is nothing more they can talk about. The suns are discussing places amare would go that the suns could get someone in return.

that is my opinion lol im no expert just my thoughts

The Raven
06-30-2010, 01:16 PM
He isnt a #1 option imo. He plays no defense nor does he rebound so his best bet is to stay with PHX then try and be the # 1 guy when he really isnt

beasted86
06-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Play 6 years in the NBA under D'Antoni and of course he's not going to be a good defender.

Stoudemire's next coach will get him to commit to defense and rebounding more. He made slight improvements under Gentry already.

VinceCarter
06-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Amare has just opted out....
Amar'e Stoudemire has exercised the opt-out clause in his contract and become an unrestricted free agent, his agent Happy Walters tells Y!

Adrian Wojnarowski just tweeted the above

Mplsman
06-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Well I guess the talk didn't go well with him opting out afterall

cheerio
06-30-2010, 05:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5343906

PHOENIX -- Amare Stoudemire has opted out of the final year of his contract with the Phoenix Suns to become part of an illustrious list of free agents this season.

Agent Happy Walters says the five-time All-Star power forward made the move Wednesday after talks with Suns owner Robert Sarver failed to result in an agreement on a contract extension. The last year of Stoudemire's contract was worth about $17 million.

Walters says the Suns remain in the picture but Stoudemire wants to see what develops on the free agent market. Stoudemire has been with the Suns since he was drafted out of high school, as the ninth pick overall, in 2002.

dnewguy
06-30-2010, 05:16 PM
and more, and more and more..................the simple truth is this, Amare you're not a max player.

FrenchSunsFan
06-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Maybe two team would give a 6 years max contract to Amar'e .... Olympiakos and CSK Moscow.:laugh: