PDA

View Full Version : Unconfirmed Report: Bosh to Miami a "done deal"

Pages : [1] 2

Dark Donnie
06-30-2010, 11:02 AM
Update: 1:34pm ET
From Toronto source:

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Just filed a quick news story to my desk about the Bosh-to-Miami deal that's being reported off an ESPN fellow's tweet.

No one I talked to at the Raptors can confirm or will deny it; the free agency period hasn't even begun and they are not about to run afoul of the NBA's head off.

Look for the news item shortly and then let me spend a few hours trying to make sense of it. I will say it runs counter to what I've heard as the Raptors opinion of Mike Beasley for months.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan Lebatard reporting bosh to miami for chalmers, beasley, and anthonyhttp://twitter.com/Eric__Smith/status/17419491905

Le Betard's original tweet.

I hear bosh-miami is done ..bosh-wade shared agent avoids tampering...its why beasley, chalmers, anthony still here...raptors get them

http://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/17417534999

Yahoo is saying...

Sources said the Raptors will try to acquire draft picks and young players in return for Bosh. They would likely ask for forward Michael Beasley(notes) and point guard Mario Chalmers(notes) in any deal with the Miami Heat. If Bosh were to go to the Chicago Bulls, the Raptors like forward Taj Gibson(notes) and center Joakim Noah(notes), though Noah could prove impossible to pry from Chicago. If Bosh settles on the New York Knicks, the Raptors would try to engage in a double sign-and-trade that sends Knicks forward David Lee(notes) to Toronto.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...boshwade062910

h2r09
06-30-2010, 11:04 AM
if they give them chalmers ill be pissed. We need to keep him.

RadiantShot
Unconfirmed, biased report. Add in the word 'may' :laugh:

Raidaz4Life
wow

So who is currently on the heat's roster?

Venomous88
06-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Unconfirmed report : James, Amare, Wade, and Bosh sign to Miami

While I believe Bosh is heading to Miami, this has just as much legitimacy for the time being as my report

macc
06-30-2010, 11:06 AM
I'll believe it when I see the official report.

Tblaze
So who is making up for the remaining 10M in salary?

Focused1
if they give them chalmers ill be pissed. We need to keep him.

If this is true and seeing how Bosh helped Toronto, maybe they'll help out Miami by buying him out so he can go back. As a canadian we are too nice and passive lol

thatguy
06-30-2010, 11:07 AM
i find it hard to believe that that's the package they get for bosh. I think the rockets for one have better assets to trade.

Evolution23
06-30-2010, 11:07 AM
true lies

Jays Claw
06-30-2010, 11:08 AM
I would like to thank all that Chris Bosh has done for the Raptors.

You'll be missed by plenty and when you return to Toronto, I'll cheer you on.

Master Mind
I think it's a done deal

Evolution23
I would like to thank all that Chris Bosh has done for the Raptors.

You'll be missed by plenty and when you return to Toronto, I'll cheer you on.

nothign happened yet relax :)

ManRam
06-30-2010, 11:11 AM
MSNBC picked up on it.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38017785/ns/sports-player_news/

LeBatard is way too much of a respected source to make this up...

We'll see though.

sep11ie
I believe everything I read on Twitter.

Melo15
i find it hard to believe that that's the package they get for bosh. I think the rockets for one have better assets to trade.

It doesn't matter though it only matters where Chris Bosh wants to go.

TheWatcher34
is it after july 1st yet?

h2r09

in order for a sign and trade to work the player has to tell the team where he wants to go and the player tells them the team and then the team tries to figure out what could work with that team. You cant just pick any team for a sign and trade and say to bosh you are going there

coolmo
06-30-2010, 11:12 AM

heard it's 9 mil TPE + Cash or Picks on top of those players.

SluggeR
06-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Don't matter who has the best assets, it only matters where the player wats to go.

Jays Claw
Nothing happened yet. Relax. :)

It's doesn't matter if Chris Bosh goes to Miami, Chicago or New York. He's gone! I just wanted to say good bye to the Raptors' second best player in franchise history.

DaBUU
i have a sinking feeling this is true.....

S-Dot
Pat Riley really isn't playing around. I wonder how Chicago will react if this does become true at 12:01.

D1JM
06-30-2010, 11:14 AM
The Toronto Raptors have begun to assess which players they would try to obtain in potential sign-and-trade transactions involving free-agent forward Chris Bosh(notes).

Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo told a Toronto radio station he thinks Bosh “likely” will leave the team. Should Bosh decide to sign elsewhere, Colangelo also said the Raptors will try to engage in a sign-and-trade deal to bring the franchise some measure of compensation.

Sources said the Raptors will try to acquire draft picks and young players in return for Bosh. They would likely ask for forward Michael Beasley(notes) and point guard Mario Chalmers(notes) in any deal with the Miami Heat. If Bosh were to go to the Chicago Bulls, the Raptors like forward Taj Gibson(notes) and center Joakim Noah(notes), though Noah could prove impossible to pry from Chicago. If Bosh settles on the New York Knicks, the Raptors would try to engage in a double sign-and-trade that sends Knicks forward David Lee(notes) to Toronto.

Related Video

Pierce joins classPierce joins class
More NBA Videos

Sources called a potential sign-and-trade with the Los Angeles Lakers “doubtful.”

Bosh has most commonly been linked to the Heat and Bulls, where he could join either Dwyane Wade(notes) or LeBron James(notes), if not both. Agent Henry Thomas, who represents both Bosh and Wade, denied a report the two had met together with James over the weekend in Miami. But, Thomas said, the three have talked frequently about their futures. Sources said Amar’e Stoudemire(notes), Carlos Boozer(notes) and Joe Johnson(notes) have also discussed various scenarios with their fellow free agents. Denver Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony(notes) and New Orleans Hornets point guard Chris Paul(notes) have joined the conversations, as well.

Wade has made clear he won’t commit to re-signing with the Heat until he knows which other players will be joining him.

“That’s always been part of the decision,” Thomas said. “Obviously, Miami along with other teams, has a plan that they would like to execute. He’s going to listen to that plan and probably take the opportunity to listen to other plans.”

Wade and Bosh will reportedly meet with the Knicks and New Jersey Nets in New York shortly after the start of free agency. Thomas wouldn’t confirm any appointments, but said it’s possible Wade and Bosh could decide to meet with teams together.

“Their friendship is good,” Thomas said. “As a result of going through this experience, their relationship will be a lot stronger.”

James’ representative, Leon Rose, shares the same agency, CAA, as Thomas.

“It would be unrealistic to assume we won’t be having discussions about this,” Thomas said. “One of the things that will be to our advantage, that we will have, is information. We’re in the same company so information will be shared.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AuvWj3ALbuneUj38V60NMcq8vLYF?slug=ys-boshwade062910

Weezy
Well at least Toronto got something outa him I guess.

yankeesown69
Lebatard is on ESPN radio right now

D Roses Bulls
lebatard is an idiot...... i wont believe it till i see it.

Master Mind

Well Bosh has to agree to any sign and trade or he'll just walk come free agency. So if he wants to go to Miami and the Raptors want something in return they have no choice.

justinnum1
Unconfirmed report : James, Amare, Wade, and Bosh sign to Miami

While I believe Bosh is heading to Miami, this has just as much legitimacy for the time being as my report

:facepalm:

fadedmario
06-30-2010, 11:15 AM
This is a deal that sounds like it happened.

LTBaByyy
So they will have only Chris Bosh on the roster with pittman and butler after this trade?

masalex1205

cap space boss

camador22
Crap it's really happening :speechless:. It sounds legit

h2r09
lebatard is an idiot...... i wont believe it till i see it.

your an idiot. lebatard while not always serious is one of the best reporters we have ever had down here.

ManRam
06-30-2010, 11:16 AM
If this doesn't pop up on the Miami Herald website shortly, then it's probably pretty evident this isn't true.

Jays Claw
If this is true, the Raptors have to trade Michael Beasley for another player. I don't want that clown here in Toronto. However, I do think Jay Triano (Raptors' head coach) could discipline Michael Beasley to an extent.

Stunner
isnt this tampering if they were discussing this for a couple of weeks?

JOSKOMANG4
06-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Unless Miami resigned Joel Anthony b/c Anthony just opt'd out of his current contract to become a free agent.

Also, CHalmers is a great PG but I mean this team already has two overpaid PG's in Jack & Calderon(unless 1 of them get traded).

Hard to believe that this happen, but if it did, Miami, great pick up but sorry 2 tell you that you have 1 person on your roster right now; Chris Bosh.

sixerfixer
06-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Dan is on the Herd right now on ESPN, and he said that it is speculation. That Bosh and Wade share the same agent. So there can't be any collusion :-) He said that Bosh is like the best looking girl in a bar. And that EVERYONE is hitting on her, and that at any time she can change her mind. Hmmm. Doesn't sound like a done deal to me. Just a Local HACK reporter trying to make himself talked about nationally.

C_Mund
I don't mind what we're getting back. This gives us a ton of expiring contracts and trade exceptions to at least start to rebuild.

Ragun
i love this trade for both teams...hopefully beasley can turn it around in toronto. he has more upside than bosh or any raptors other than bargnani.

its not like we are going to be contenders next year anyway so beasley gets a good chance to develop with bargnani.

DaoudS
06-30-2010, 11:19 AM

A team can discuss principle deals, but can't talk to the player. Miami can't talk to Bosh until midnight. However, Colangelo can call up Riley and say...."if Bosh were to decide on Miami, what pieces would you be willing to send back?"

h2r09

you can discuss trades when both seasons are finished.

Weezy

Its not official yet. This is just another rumor in my opinion. But as said before trades can be discussed.... its a S and trade.

AllTimeBest
Not only does this move give them Bosh, it gets rid of Beasley which gives them the money they need to sign Wade and Lebron both. Could be the beginning move to a huge dynasty in this league.

yankeesown69
06-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Yeah this hasnt been agreed upon...at least not yet. Dan did not mention that this actually been accepted by both sides on the radio just now.

Stunner
06-30-2010, 11:20 AM
A team can discuss principle deals, but can't talk to the player. Miami can't talk to Bosh until midnight. However, Colangelo can call up Riley and say...."if Bosh were to decide on Miami, what pieces would you be willing to send back?"

ok well go get JJ and Boozer/Amare.

justinnum1
06-30-2010, 11:21 AM

Prob...but what are you gonna do about it:shrug:

RadiantShot
Yeah, this is sounding like it's going to happen..Raptors get a lot of depth, and the Heat gain an all-star. We'll find out if it was the best decision. I'd definitely do it.

yankeesown69
Not only does this move give them Bosh, it gets rid of Beasley which gives them the money they need to sign Wade and Lebron both. Could be the beginning move to a huge dynasty in this league.

Stop acting like it happened! It is quite possible that it will but as of now this is not the truth.

ManRam
On his radio show, he said the deal is "done".

Also.

I hear bosh-miami is done ..bosh-wade shared agent avoids tampering...its why beasley, chalmers, anthony still here...raptors get them

While it doesn't sound official (and it can't be), if anyone knows anything going on in Miami, it's this man.

Kakaroach
06-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Is Dan Lebatard a legit source guy? Never heard of him outside of PTI.

Anyway, nice deal for both sides. Chalmers, Beasley, and Anthony are better than nothing for Bosh.

R_O_W_E
Dan Leretard just trolled everyone.

1. Chris Bosh opted out of his contract making him a UFA. Toronto can't sign & trade him right now. Toronto can't sign & trade him until July 8th at the earliest. Miami can't have any discussions on a contract with him until 12:01.

2. Joel Anthony opted out of his contract making him a UFA. Miami can't sign & trade him right now. Toronto cant discuss a contract with him until 12:01 and they cant sign him until July 8th.

Anything happening before then is tampering. Miami cant have contact with Bosh and neither can Toronto with Anthony.

Stunner
While Toronto-Miami deal may be in the works, Anthony's agent says there is no way Joel is involved. "We're not under contract," he said.
http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA

coolmo
06-30-2010, 11:23 AM
:clap: someone's madly jealous. :D

i wish bosh the best. i am a big fan of raptors and miami so...
if this happens, i am happy for both teams.
i really didnt' want him to go .... chi

AllTimeBest
Stop acting like it happened! It is quite possible that it will but as of now this is not the truth.

Anyway, nice deal for both sides. Chalmers, Beasley, and Anthony are better than nothing for Bosh.

Yes he is. And everyone has been expecting this to be a done deal.

Chicagofaithful
so some guy is reporting that a reporter is reporting that this deal is done?! lmao

Jays Claw
I have a feeling it's a done deal.

D Roses Bulls
chris bosh said himself he doesnt see this happening and how it will work with the 3 of them..... so remember, bosh still would have to agree to the sign and trade. so miami and toronto can agree all they want but they will need bosh's approval and i just dont seebosh not at least hearing other pitches first.

mavwar53

They can get nothing at all, that is the main point of the trade, it frees up space for miami but toronto at least gets something out of it if in fact this is true.

Stunner
Prob...but what are you gonna do about it:shrug:

Im not gonna do anything but Stern can reject the trade though.

hawkeyefootball
06-30-2010, 11:24 AM
While Toronto-Miami deal may be in the works, Anthony's agent says there is no way Joel is involved. "We're not under contract," he said.

Focused1
nothign happened yet relax :)

I hear ya, but he MOS DEF Chris ain't coming back to Toronto so I can't blame the dude for saying that.

redwhitenblue
On his radio show, he said the deal is "done".

Also.

While it doesn't sound official (and it can't be), if anyone knows anything going on in Miami, it's this man.

Dan is on the Herd right now on ESPN, and he said that it is speculation.

Amazing trade for Miami, to trade a guy they don't even have under contract. . .

ManRam
06-30-2010, 11:25 AM

Without a doubt. He's probably the most respected, well known, and trust-worthy Miami columnist. He's been working for the Miami Herald for like 20 years. He has talks shows. He's written for many big name magazines. He has tons of connections. He's the big fish in the Miami sports pond.

I don't think any sportscaster/reporter has their finger on the Miami sports world pulse more than Dan.

R_O_W_E
so some guy is reporting that a reporter is reporting that this deal is done?! lmao

Basically.

What is wrong with your girlfriend's eyes? I keep looking at them & her **** and something doesn't look right.

Chicagofaithful

1. Chris Bosh opted out of his contract making him a UFA. Toronto can't sign & trade him right now. Toronto can't sign & trade him until July 8th at the earliest. Miami can't have any discussions on a contract with him until 12:01.

2. Joel Anthony opted out of his contract making him a UFA. Miami can't sign & trade him right now. Toronto cant discuss a contract with him until 12:01 and they cant sign him until July 8th.

Anything happening before then is tampering. Miami cant have contact with Bosh and neither can Toronto with Anthony.

this

YankeeFan28
It's probably been agreed upon on principle.

NYK|NYY

Yeah but they can just AGREE to sign and trade w/ Toronto. No idea about the Joel Anthony. But I'm thinking there is an agreement in place and it will be executed on the 8th. In 3 hours the agents will come out and deny everything but I think this makes sense.

D Roses Bulls
Amazing trade for Miami, to trade a guy they don't even have under contract. . .

lol

Melo15
06-30-2010, 11:26 AM

I must say that is impressive :clap:

S-Dot
chris bosh said himself he doesnt see this happening and how it will work with the 3 of them..... so remember, bosh still would have to agree to the sign and trade. so miami and toronto can agree all they want but they will need bosh's approval and i just dont seebosh not at least hearing other pitches first.

Not sure this is done deal, but if it is true, does Chicago shift their focus to Stoudemire or Boozer along with LBJ?

R_O_W_E

Exactly.

Bosh isn't under contract either. Had Bosh opted in with Toronto they could've worked out a deal immediately that wouldn't be made official until July 8th.

D1JM
so the heat are getting anthony who opt out and is unrestricted Free agent? Hmmm sounds weird

D1JM
06-30-2010, 11:27 AM
Without a doubt. He's probably the most respected, well known, and trust-worthy Miami columnist. He's been working for the Miami Herald for like 20 years. He has talks shows. He's written for many big name magazines. He has tons of connections. He's the big fish in the Miami sports pond.

I don't think any sportscaster/reporter has their finger on the Miami sports world pulse more than Dan.

so if he is so legit then why would he report anthony in the deal if he is UFA. He would know about this right

Stunner
smh something is fishy.

ManRam

Yeah. Of course it's not official. Everyone knows it can't be.

I do believe Le Bartard, and I do believe that once this trade can become official, it will be. It's speculation, because that's all that can happen now, but as far as I'm concerned, like Dan said, this is a done deal.

Kakaroach
06-30-2010, 11:28 AM

I don't think any sportscaster/reporter has their finger on the Miami sports world pulse more than Dan. I see, thanks Manrammy.

And yeah Anthony opted out a while ago, but they can trade his rights though. :shrug:

R_O_W_E
Yeah but they can just AGREE to sign and trade w/ Toronto. No idea about the Joel Anthony. But I'm thinking there is an agreement in place and it will be executed on the 8th. In 3 hours the agents will come out and deny everything but I think this makes sense.

It makes sense.

However how can you agree on a deal in principle when 2 players involved in the deal are UFA's? Both of these guys are in The Free Agent Pool. They aren't attached to either team right now. Toronto has to work out a deal with Joel Anthony and Miami has to work out a deal with Chris Bosh.

It sounds like more mumbo jumbo to make a team like Chicago/NY/Dallas/Houston/NJ to go out and do something stupid to try to get Bosh instead.

redwhitenblue
Can't agree on much when two of the players involved isn't even under contract.

Not only does Bosh have to agree to the sign and trade, Anthony would too.

I don't doubt that this trade might happen, or something similar, but I have severe doubts that anything is even close to set.

ManRam
so if he is so legit then why would he report anthony in the deal if he is UFA. He would know about this right

He's not an UFA.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/heat-extend-qualifying-offer-to-joel-anthony.php

According to Ira Winderman, the Miami Heat have extended a qualifying offer to 27-year old defensive specialist Joel Anthony. Anthony averaged 2.7 points, 3.1 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks in 16.5 minutes per game last season.

The Heat now have the right to match any offer given to Anthony. If Anthony does re-sign with the Heat, he would join Michael Beasley and Mario Chalmers as the only players the Heat currently have under contract.

They can sign-and-trade him as well...if he's consenting.

Lo Porto
06-30-2010, 11:29 AM

It's all up to where Bosh wants to go not what Toronto gets in return. Bosh says I want to go to _______. And then Toronto will get whatever ______ is willing to give up to get Bosh. If NJ, it would be Favors, Humphries, etc. If Miami, it's Beasley and Chalmers. If NY, it's Lee and Chandler. Etc, etc, etc.

Toronto might get the most from Houston, but Bosh has to want to go there.

justinnum1

You guys ain't getting bosh...accept it.

BALLER71
Can't agree on much when two of the players involved isn't even under contract.

Not only does Bosh have to agree to the sign and trade, Anthony would too.

I don't doubt that this trade might happen, or something similar, but I have severe doubts that anything is even close to set.

We made an offer to Anthony so I do think this deal will eventually go down... I don't know why Bosh wouldn't agree to coming to Miami.

Jays Claw
I'd rather just take Michael Beasley, Mario Chalmers, a draft pick or two and the trade exception. If the Raptors were to bring in Joel Anthony, it would probably mean Amir Johnson would be gone.

justinnum1
06-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Anthony is Canadian...just saying

D1JM
He's not an UFA.

They can sign-and-trade him as well...if he's consenting.

oh ok thanks for clarifying that

mavwar53

Ok, well an agreement that this deal will happen on the 8th isn't far fetched, why can this not happen?

redwhitenblue
Yeah. Of course it's not official. Everyone knows it can't be.

I do believe Le Bartard, and I do believe that once this trade can become official, it will be. It's speculation, because that's all that can happen now, but as far as I'm concerned, like Dan said, this is a done deal.
But if this trade doesn't happen, does LeBartard take any flak? Or will it be a "well, it must have fallen through" situation.

In my eyes, he better be right, otherwise he made himself look like a huge jack *** with this report.
Not sure this is done deal, but if it is true, does Chicago shift their focus to Stoudemire or Boozer along with LBJ?
Probably Boozer before Stoudemire. Considering injury-history and post presence, I think Boozer would be better with Rose. Also I think he'll come cheaper.

justinnum1
06-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Why would any agent admit to collusion???

R_O_W_E

The reporter is including Joel Anthony in the deal and Joel Anthony currently isn't even a member of the Miami Heat.

When has Dan LeRetard ever been a Miami Heat Insider? Does anybody watch him on PTI? He knows nothing about basketball. Hes a football & baseball writer.

ManRam
And even if Joel Anthony doesn't want to go to Toronto, Miami doesn't have to include him. They don't need to match salaries with this trade. I don't think Joel Anthony will affect this deal in Toronto's eyes. I'm sure a first round will be all the same in their eyes.

Of course, that's just my uneducated guess.

Master Mind
06-30-2010, 11:32 AM

You don't think he did? :eyebrow:

The ChILL
06-30-2010, 11:32 AM
If true congrats Miami. Although the big fish is still out there.

buck4493
06-30-2010, 11:33 AM
http://twitter.com/Eric__Smith/status/17419491905

Lebron will stay put in Cleveland. All of these media clows have no sources, they are just getting bloggers excited. He is not going to leave 30 million on the table without a guaratee of a title. None of the teams pursuing him would be the favorites next year.

James--stay in cleveland if you want to become a legend.

Stunner
Quote:
I'm listening to Lebetard on Colin Cowherd. He IS NOT claiming a trade has been made. He said he's heard rumors that Bosh to Miami is going to happen because Bosh and Wade have the same agent. But that the two of them are trying to convince LeBron to come and LeBron is not convinced yet.

/THREAD

buck4493
The reporter is including Joel Anthony in the deal and Joel Anthony currently isn't even a member of the Miami Heat.

When has Dan LeRetard ever been a Miami Heat Insider? Does anybody watch him on PTI? He knows nothing about basketball. Hes a football & baseball writer.

I thgt he was just a massive tool

LTBaByyy
Bosh will be in miami regardless but i dont think Lebron will...

Even though he's the better player obviously, he's gonna be playing the pippen role
and letting wade take the last shots and stuff

Trust me, i dont see him playing in Wade's city

ManRam
But if this trade doesn't happen, does LeBartard take any flak? Or will it be a "well, it must have fallen through" situation.

In my eyes, he better be right, otherwise he made himself look like a huge jack *** with this report.Probably Boozer before Stoudemire. Considering injury-history and post presence, I think Boozer would be better with Rose. Also I think he'll come cheaper.

Probably he'll take some heat. But from what I've gathered listening to the radio, and reading his tweets, he's not saying it's official, he's admitting it's speculation. Of course a snag in the deal can pop up in the next week...but he thinks the deal is "done". He's not saying that it is official (because, as he knows, nothing is right now).

I trust his sources. He's not one to make stuff up. That's what unestablished reporters do to try and make a name. He has nothing to gain from making this up.

h2r09
06-30-2010, 11:34 AM

probably because you are wrong and anthony is a restricted free agent and probably not in the deal.

Jays Claw
Joel Anthony is a Canadian.

Sorry, but I ain't inspired by that.

I'd take Amir Johnson over Joel Anthony any day of the week!

redwhitenblue
We made an offer to Anthony so I do think this deal will eventually go down... I don't know why Bosh wouldn't agree to coming to Miami.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Miami-Toronto agreed to this. My doubts come in whether Bosh agreed at all. Why wouldn't he want to go visit the teams come tomorrow? The only scenario in which he wouldn't visit, I would think, is if he's receiving the max contract. At that point, will Miami be able to afford Lebron with Bosh and Wade making max deals?

There are a few million reasons I can think of why Bosh would wait to sign with Miami after visiting NY, NJ, Chicago, etc.

Ragun
06-30-2010, 11:35 AM
And even if Joel Anthony doesn't want to go to Toronto, Miami doesn't have to include him. They don't need to match salaries with this trade. I don't think Joel Anthony will affect this deal in Toronto's eyes. I'm sure a first round will be all the same in their eyes.

Of course, that's just my uneducated guess.

yeah that makes sense.

anthony is from canada too so im sure he wouldnt mind playing here BUT we are now loaded in the frontcourt, especially if we bring back amir johnson (we better bring him back). anthony would be our #5 guy.

NYK|NYY

Even though he's the better player obviously, he's gonna be playing the pippen role

Yeah I agree with this. Anything those 3 achieve will have a blemish for Lebron.

BALLER71
Sorry, but I ain't inspired by that.

I'd take Amir Johnson over Joel Anthony any day of the week!

You gotta watch Anthony play defense. Absolute monster.

ChiGuy24

I'm pretty sure the salaries don't have to match up if both teams are under the cap, but I'm not positive. I know Miami is well under the cap, I don't know Toronto's cap situation.

D Roses Bulls
You don't think he did? :eyebrow:

at this point, i don't know..... there is so much BS going around. its hard to believe anything until someone comes out and proves it. if anything, im glad it will be the heat if its not the bulls being from florida, but id still prefer it be the bulls or magic. at least though its not new york or cleveland or the lakers

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 11:36 AM

Ok, well an agreement that this deal will happen on the 8th isn't far fetched, why can this not happen?

The deal would have to happen on the 8th.

1. Miami & Toronto will have to work out deals with Bosh after Midnight. It can't be made official until the 8th.

2. Joel Anthony will have to work out a deal with Toronto. Miami will decline to match it because hes a RFA.

Then they can make this deal.

I just dont see how Chicago/NY/NJ/Dallas/Houston/LA sit around and do nothing if this deal in fact might go down. Each of those teams can come up with a package to lure Bosh and interest the Raptors.

Michael Beasley is not a good fit character wise or talent wise with Toronto. Beasley & Bargnani at the 4 & 5 will be the worst interior defense duo in the NBA. Beasley plays 0 defense and Bargnani has improved but isn't a good enough defender to defend the 5.

Stunner
Quote:
I'm listening to Lebetard on Colin Cowherd. He IS NOT claiming a trade has been made. He said he's heard rumors that Bosh to Miami is going to happen because Bosh and Wade have the same agent. But that the two of them are trying to convince LeBron to come and LeBron is not convinced yet.

Chicagofaithful
how is this thread still open? We're basing this off of a twitter post by some guy ive never heard of, thats reporting that Dan is reporting this deal is done.... doesn't that sound ridiculous to everyone? Wheres the legit link with Dan's quote and dan's article? If he is a reporter and this is a done deal, he should have his own breaking news, not someone doing it for him so he can just brush it off as rumors

D1JM
Probably he'll take some heat. But from what I've gathered listening to the radio, and reading his tweets, he's not saying it's official, he's admitting it's speculation. Of course a snag in the deal can pop up in the next week...but he thinks the deal is "done". He's not saying that it is official (because, as he knows, nothing is right now).

I trust his sources. He's not one to make stuff up. That's what unestablished reporters do to try and make a name. He has nothing to gain from making this up.

so its more of what yahoo is reporting

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AuvWj3ALbuneUj38V60NMcq8vLYF?slug=ys-boshwade062910

redwhitenblue
There is no collusion. Collusion is involved when other teams discuss with players. Not agents, not agents+teams that currently can speak with players.

J4KOP99
06-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Wait, so now the Heat will only have Chris Bosh on their roster?

...if this deal happens of course.

Kakaroach
06-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Yeah I think we're gonna have to play the waiting game for another week before Bosh is finalized on a deal on July 8th.

ManRam
06-30-2010, 11:38 AM
so its more of what yahoo is reporting

Yeah. I think some people took his original tweet saying this deal was "done" as it meaning it's official...which certainly isn't what Dan meant. I'm sure he just meant that from what he's gathered, he thinks it's a done deal. Obviously, nothing can be official yet, and everything can change over the next week.

D Roses Bulls
06-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Yeah I think we're gonna have to play the waiting game for another week before Bosh is finalized on a deal on July 8th.

agreed or unless its many confirmed reports that say other wise and i mean more then 1 or 2

redwhitenblue
06-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Yeah. I think some people took his original tweet saying this deal was "done" as it meaning it's official...which certainly isn't what Dan meant. I'm sure he just meant that from what he's gathered, he thinks it's a done deal. Obviously, nothing can be official yet, and everything can change over the next week.
I'll repeat this:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Miami-Toronto agreed to this. My doubts come in whether Bosh agreed at all. Why wouldn't he want to go visit the teams come tomorrow? The only scenario in which he wouldn't visit, I would think, is if he's receiving the max contract.

Perhaps this deal was "done" in the possibility that Bosh chooses Miami after visiting everyone.

Jays Claw
06-30-2010, 11:40 AM
You got to watch Joel Anthony play defense. Absolute monster!

I've seen him play.

Has great length that allows him to grab rebounds and block shots. A little garbage on offense, but that could be worked upon. However, if bringing in Joel Anthony means getting rid of Amir Johnson, no thank you!

R_O_W_E
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 382 (74 members and 308 guests)

I cant wait for the Free Agency Madness on PSD.

BALLER71
Wait, so now the Heat will only have Chris Bosh on their roster?

...if this deal happens of course.

Yes. And I imagine Wade will quickly re-sign so that the Heat make a play for Lebron or JJ.

D1JM

if it is true, then congrats heat.

justinnum1
06-30-2010, 11:41 AM

There were reports of Lebron referring to this 3 max in miami as a dream team...even going as far to say if bosh don;t want to do it we can find someone else...LBJ is down to miami or CLE.

Bigbadmoffo
06-30-2010, 11:41 AM

Why is this so hard to believe. They resign anthony on the 1st and trade him on the 8th.

MJ-BULLS
06-30-2010, 11:42 AM
its not a done deal, we are going to have to play the waiting game.

J4KOP99
06-30-2010, 11:42 AM