PDA

View Full Version : Casting Nets: Signs to lure fans on Knicks turf

D Roses Bulls
06-30-2010, 10:58 AM
The New Jersey Nets' move to Brooklyn is at least two years away, but new owner Mikhail Prokhorov was apparently serious when he said at his introductory news conference in May that he thinks he can "turn Knicks fans into Nets fans."

Ramping up tensions between the teams with free agency looming, Prokhorov has purchased billboard space near Madison Square Garden that will display a massive image of the Russian billionaire and Nets minority owner Jay-Z, with completion scheduled just before the start of free agency.

The 222-by-95-foot billboard sporting a Nets logo will picture Jay-Z and Prokhorov side-by-side under the heading, "The Blueprint For Greatness." The signage is strategically placed, according to sources with knowledge of the project, within the sight line of the Knicks' offices at the corner of 34th and 8th.

The Nets and Knicks, starting Thursday at 12:01 a.m., will be competing head-to-head for elite names as two of the NBA's four teams armed with the salary-cap space to sign two marquee free agents, along with Miami and Chicago.

New Jersey and New York are the first two teams scheduled to meet Thursday in Ohio with 2010 face of free agency LeBron James and are also scheduled to have separate sitdowns Friday in Manhattan with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

"That billboard is the anchor to an aggressive marketing platform for key transit hubs from Manhattan to Newark," Nets CEO Brett Yormark told the Bergen Record.

"It's a pretty aggressive campaign around free agency. It's one of the biggest advertising spaces in the city. What better place to make a statement."

The brazen move only figures to add fuel to a rising debate about which team -- New Jersey or New York -- has the better shot at securing James' signature.

Competition for the two-time reigning MVP is fierce, with Miami and Chicago making strong pitches as well and James' hometown Cavs desperately trying to keep him. But sources close to the process continue to describe the Nets' ownership tag team of Prokhorov and Jay-Z -- who ranks as one of James' mentors and role models -- as a bigger threat to steal James away from Cleveland than James Dolan's Knicks, despite the fact that the Nets are scheduled to spend the next two seasons in unfashionable Newark before making the move to Brooklyn.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5341391

ldc62
06-30-2010, 11:01 AM
Wow "The Blueprint For Greatness"? Someone is confident...

Evolution23
06-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Good luck with that one.. Knicks fans live and die for their team but I would still support the Brooklyn Nets when they come to BROOKLYN.

Melo15
06-30-2010, 11:08 AM
I absolutely love this idea.

Hindy27
06-30-2010, 11:12 AM
I think it's great, not only is it an advertisement for the Nets, it's great publicity for the NBA. The new look Nets laying down a challenge to the Knicks on their home turf.
I think it's just the new rich guy being a bit cheeky.:D

If the Knicks and Nets improve enough to be battling it out in the playoffs, it'll be great for the NBA. The success of these teams is usually while the other is down, so if both are going good and meeting in the playoffs it'll form a great rivalry.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
06-30-2010, 11:35 AM
If the Nets get LeBron watch how many Knick fans switch because they will realize there franchise is going no where.

Kakaroach
06-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Mikhail Prokhorov is becoming the most interesting man in the NBA. What an idea.

heattiltheend94
06-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Love his modesty

bmac_121
06-30-2010, 12:11 PM
I think this is awesome.

oak2455
06-30-2010, 12:30 PM
If the Nets get LeBron watch how many Knick fans switch because they will realize there franchise is going no where.

Thats probably one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard on here Really so Knick fans are fair weather fans well they were crap last year and around the top in attendance little can be said for you Nets:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: who were last.......another thing tell Jay Z and Beyonce to stop coming to Knick games!!!

njnets
06-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Wow "The Blueprint For Greatness"? Someone is confident...

jay-z had multiple rap albums with the phrase "the blueprint" in the title. So that's most likely where the idea comes from.

I love this new owner. Money definitely not buy everything, but his eagerness and passion for winning is certainly something I love and is great for the franchise. I think many people can agree with that

Rivera
06-30-2010, 12:48 PM
i absolutely am startin 2 like this rusian owner

hes got more swag and more money than mark cuban

but i know the US has just caught a whole bunch of russian spies and he could be one to

especially if the nets get dirk i mean a russian and a german teaming up together??? thats scary and i mean REALLLL scary talk about WW3

NYtilIdie
06-30-2010, 12:52 PM
:laugh:

Good luck with that. Were not fair weather fans we don't show up because our team isn't winning or going say 12-72. We've finished in the Top 10 in attendance for a reason because we have some of the most loyal fans.

Plus to top it off, they can move to Brooklyn and call their new area some fancy name, but the matter of the fact is their not going to play in the heart of NY which is Madison Square Garden.

rurichie
06-30-2010, 12:54 PM
i absolutely am startin 2 like this rusian owner

hes got more swag and more money than mark cuban

but i know the US has just caught a whole bunch of russian spies and he could be one to

especially if the nets get dirk i mean a russian and a german teaming up together??? thats scary and i mean REALLLL scary talk about WW3

I mean I'll be safe if WW3 happened because of that because I'm a Nets fan

ldc62
06-30-2010, 12:54 PM
jay-z had multiple rap albums with the phrase "the blueprint" in the title. So that's most likely where the idea comes from.

I love this new owner. Money definitely not buy everything, but his eagerness and passion for winning is certainly something I love and is great for the franchise. I think many people can agree with that

Thank you for telling me something I know. Still "Greatness"???

NYtilIdie
06-30-2010, 12:57 PM

Jay-Z rather take Beyonce to a Knicks game then go watch that disgrace of a team called the New Jersey Nets.

Didn't you guys have a game where only 1,000 people showed up?

magichatnumber9
06-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Mikhail Prokhorov is becoming the most interesting man in the NBA. What an idea.I like it

Hindy27
06-30-2010, 01:01 PM

Good luck with that. Were not fair weather fans we don't show up because our team isn't winning or going say 12-72. We've finished in the Top 10 in attendance for a reason because we have some of the most loyal fans.

Plus to top it off, they can move to Brooklyn and call their new area some fancy name, but the matter of the fact is their not going to play in the heart of NY which is Madison Square Garden.

One good reason is that the Knicks are based in the 'heart' of one of the most populated cities on the planet. Even when they suck there is always going to be a high number of fans willing to go to the games. Sure they have some loyal fans but so do most teams, the fact they have a high average in such a huge city means little.

Jay22Redd
06-30-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm starting to like the idea of Lbj in Brooklyn and the Knicks some big names. A rivalry between the two would be amazing!

Hindy27
06-30-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm starting to like the idea of Lbj in Brooklyn and the Knicks some big names. A rivalry between the two would be amazing!
Hell yeah, Imagine the Knicks and Nets meeting in the East Finals, it would be massive.

arkanian215
06-30-2010, 01:09 PM
It might not lure the entrenched Knicks fans but it can lure the young and upcoming generations of basketball fans.

How much does one of those billboards cost?

njnets
06-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Thank you for telling me something I know. Still "Greatness"???

No need to be rude lol. That message was to all those who didn't know about it.

I agree, a little out there, but what do u expect them to put? Mediocrity? They gotta set there standards high. They gotta show that they are confident.

NYtilIdie
06-30-2010, 01:14 PM
One good reason is that the Knicks are based in the 'heart' of one of the most populated cities on the planet. Even when they suck there is always going to be a high number of fans willing to go to the games. Sure they have some loyal fans but so do most teams, the fact they have a high average in such a huge city means little.

It doesn't matter, its not like we have someone like Durant or Melo playing for us who can sellout an arena. Our best player was David Lee yeah, not exactly a household name to the casual NBA fan. Its not like the Lakers when they had their little period after Shaq was traded and they were s**t, they still had Kobe who was dropping 35 PPG during that peroid.

We don't have any star player that can sellout an arena, but people still show up because their loyal. Were not talking about some LA Dodgers s**t were they leave in the 6th inning, they stay the whole game. When were winning and playing great we have the loudest arena in the league, when were losing and playing like s**t they let us hear it.

JerseysFinest
06-30-2010, 01:21 PM
people will always go the knicks games because its in the center of manhattan and its entertainment, regardless of the product they put on the floor. When the Nets were in the Finals, people were still going to their games, because of the convenience of their close proximity to the city. With the Nets moving to a place where theres actually transit and life, and with a new owner who's changing their image, things will be different

PatsSoxKnicks
06-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Thats probably one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard on here Really so Knick fans are fair weather fans well they were crap last year and around the top in attendance little can be said for you Nets:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: who were last.......another thing tell Jay Z and Beyonce to stop coming to Knick games!!!

lol, so great because Jay-Z spends more time at Knicks games then he does at Nets games

What does that tell you about the 2 franchises?

VinceCarter
06-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Don't even compare the Nets to the Knicks. That is a disgrace. David Lee, Gallo.......then your talent drops drastically. Not to mention they have no PG and C. The two most important pieces to have on a succesful team.

Do0msday
06-30-2010, 01:46 PM

Jay-Z rather take Beyonce to a Knicks game then go watch that disgrace of a team called the New Jersey Nets.

Didn't you guys have a game where only 1,000 people showed up?

Yeah, that's right. It was a game against the Bucks. But you fail to mention that it was a snow storm and 1,000 fans still managed to trek there and watch a team with such a bad record. That's loyalty.

And I love what Proky is doing. He's got some swag. Yeah, he's 1 cocky SOB, but I'd rather have a rich guy act that way than the type who never opens his wallet for anything. Imagine how much it cost to get a billboard that size in that location. It's a visual ***** slap to the Knicks and I love it. Proky is trying to turn dislike between the 2 franchises into hate and I love it. Great publicity too.

VinceCarter
06-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Yeah, that's right. It was a game against the Bucks. But you fail to mention that it was a snow storm and 1,000 fans still managed to trek there and watch a team with such a bad record. That's loyalty.

And I love what Proky is doing. He's got some swag. Yeah, he's 1 cocky SOB, but I'd rather have a rich guy act that way than the type who never opens his wallet for anything. Imagine how much it cost to get a billboard that size in that location. It's a visual ***** slap to the Knicks and I love it. Proky is trying to turn dislike between the 2 franchises into hate and I love it. Great publicity too.

If the Knicks were in East Rutherford they'd be the next Seatle Supersonics :laugh2:

colinskik
06-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Here's my take on it:

Lifelong Knicks fan starting in '92 when I was 7 or so. I've continued to watch my team even though it seriously is starting to feel like I just wasted years of my life watching horrible, pointless games. If the Knicks don't do something big this week and the Nets somehow land Lebron, along with the fact that the new arena is a subway stop away from my house, I will definiltey be going to more Nets games than I have in the past (currently that total is 0). However, I will never stop being a Knicks fan. Once a fan, always a fan. And if you don't subscribe to that theory than you were never a fan to begin with.

Robbw241
06-30-2010, 01:57 PM
It might not lure the entrenched Knicks fans but it can lure the young and upcoming generations of basketball fans.

How much does one of those billboards cost?

This. Of course we aren't going to win over the loyal Knicks fans who have been following their team for years, this is more aimed at the kids who are starting to like basketball and are first deciding on a team to root for.

O and I like how the ****** brought up how we only had 1,000 fans at a game and yet conveniently left out that over a foot of snow was falling before, during, and after the game. Nice try though.

GrumpyOldMan
06-30-2010, 02:03 PM
I like this Russian guy's style. It would be even funnier if they not only got Lebron, but David Lee too. That way they could do a Lebron/Lee billboard outside the MSG. :)

Giaps
06-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Never! Stay in Jersey!

knicks09
06-30-2010, 02:07 PM

0. So your telling me if we don't get LeBron, we're not going anywhere ?? :facepalm: I can't stand ignorant people on this forum...

Tony_Starks
06-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Wow... shots fired from Jersey! I like dudes confidence though, thats a bold move right there.....

Do0msday
06-30-2010, 03:03 PM
This. Of course we aren't going to win over the loyal Knicks fans who have been following their team for years, this is more aimed at the kids who are starting to like basketball and are first deciding on a team to root for.

O and I like how the ****** brought up how we only had 1,000 fans at a game and yet conveniently left out that over a foot of snow was falling before, during, and after the game. Nice try though.

Don't worry, I mentioned that above after the guy took that cheap shot. We still had fans go all the way out to the Izod Center for a game even though there was such terrible weather/conditions. Loyalty :D

mjqusoldier
06-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Nets will never be a bigger deal than the Knicks. Just like the Mets will never be as big a deal as the Yanks. And just like the Jets can never be a better franchise than the Giants.

LA_Raiders
06-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Thas going to be fun... I hate NY anyway... I hope they get LeBroom...

$KnicksAndKobe$
06-30-2010, 04:32 PM
Hmmm where is that grenade launcher ...

arkanian215
06-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Hmmm where is that grenade launcher ...

:laugh: is it up yet? Supposedly folks from the Knicks called the league to protest.

In fact, he reports that Jim Dolan is so upset by the audaciousness of the "Blueprint for Greatness" billboard outside his office window at 34th and 8th he's called the league offices to protest. via ND (http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/6/30/1545563/the-blueprint-we-can-make-you-a)

This time the encroaching on the 'Knicks' market argument won't work.

Cromedome
06-30-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm a Knick fan for life here ..and there's nothing Jay-z or some 6'8 owner can do to change my mind. I doubt I even watch the "new york" nets on tv.

mudvayne387
06-30-2010, 04:47 PM

HaHa, the Nets won 12 games last year right ? Thought So.

mudvayne387
06-30-2010, 04:50 PM
The Nets new owner may be a billionaire, but I'd be willing to bet he still has Stinky Russian Arm Pits.

Da Knicks
06-30-2010, 04:51 PM

Born a knick fan I will die a knick fan like the rest of us!!!! Take that to the bank kid. Nets couldnt get fans win they were competing for championship much less with the team they have now. Move this team to Russia!:burn:

NYK_kidd77
06-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Nets will never be a bigger deal than the Knicks. Just like the Mets will never be as big a deal as the Yanks. And just like the Jets can never be a better franchise than the Giants.

This. And im a Jet fan.

gilly
06-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Let's be fair.

Devin Harris, Brook Lopez, Terence Williams, Derrick Favors, Courtney Lee > David Lee and Danilo Gallinari

The Knicks would need to build a whole squad from free-agents more or less, atleast the Nets have a young starting five to build upon and upgrade their line-up. Nets are in a much much better position because they have pieces already. If the Nets get Lebron and maybe another (someone like Ray Allen potentially), they will be a force and many Knicks will change teams, I guarantee, especially the kids. The Knicks gets ***** on seats because their hub is literally the centre of Manhatten and easy to get to, Newark is less so. When the Nets moe to Brooklyn they'll double their fanbase.

ryder78c
06-30-2010, 05:25 PM
0. So your telling me if we don't get LeBron, we're not going anywhere ?? :facepalm: I can't stand ignorant people on this forum...

sorry but the team is goin no where with there coach i hope they get better because i enjoy the knicks but i dont think they get lebron hopefully though

i respect both teams i think they will be both watched by knicks & nets fans i can even see spike at a few nets games i think NY Fans like all there teams will embrace the nets, i know people in BK will watch the nets and i look forward to hearing biggie,AZ,Mos Def,Talib Kweli,Loso,busta joell ortiz,ODB,Masta ace,Mobb Deep,Jigga....doubt i'll hear most of em though i hope ether gets played there just cuz it'd be funny

NYY NYJ NYK
06-30-2010, 05:36 PM

Yeah the Nets reaching the NBA Finals last decade really put a huge dent in the Knicks fan base .... o wait

MustWinGame7
06-30-2010, 05:42 PM
i think people seriously underestimate the sheer loyalty of knicks fans. The knicks have been bad for a long time now... and they could continue to be a miserable team and i would never give up on them, and im confident when i say i speak for all true knicks fans on this matter. id be willing to endure another few years of torture because thats what fans do.

so, jay and wehsauswt whatever the the **** your name is back the **** off. you aren't going to convert anyone.

lbjnyk its happening.

colinskik
06-30-2010, 05:48 PM
The Nets new owner may be a billionaire, but I'd be willing to bet he still has Stinky Russian Arm Pits.
Ha!

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-30-2010, 06:02 PM

If they get Lebron I guarantee you they will be a bigger deal than the Knicks.

Also, its obvious that this Russian dude (dont know how to spell his name and too lazy to look it up) doesnt actually expect to convert die hard Knicks fans...but what he is trying to do is attract all the new basketball fans and convert all the non-diehard Knicks fans.

He wants to turn the Nets into the #1 New York basketball team...and if they get Lebron...then its probably going to happen. This is the perfect time to take over New York basketball...they can hit the Knicks when their down...and by getting Lebron...they can bury them in their own garden.

Lebron is by far the biggest attraction in pro sports today...he has the power to put the Nets franchise above the Knicks franchise...I dont care about MSG or the history they have...LBJ outweighs all of that and Knicks fans know it...and it doesnt matter if they get Joe Johnson and Amare.

Im not even a Nets fan btw...Im just a basketball fan with enough commen sense to realize that Lebron would make whatever team he goes to...the most interesting franchise in the NBA outside of LA.

I dont even like Lebron all that much to be honest...and I definately think that some of those young budding stars on the Nets are a tad overrated...especially Devin Harris...but Lebron can win with those guys and they would be exciting as hell to watch.

ManningToTyree
06-30-2010, 06:15 PM

Right cuz they Nets play in rural missouri? The Nets have plenty of people living in Newark, just they have very few die hard fans. In fact, Newark is the largest city by population in the state. :facepalm: Even when they were going to the Finals their attendance was crap. The nets have not been ranked higher than 19th in attenance in the last decade. In that time they made the playoffs six times. The Knick have not strayed from the top ten in attendance even though they have only two playoff apperances in last 10 years

SNYmets86
06-30-2010, 06:16 PM
i hope halloween is here and that stupid sign stays there

deepen03
06-30-2010, 06:23 PM
by getting Lebron...they can bury them in their own garden.

rofl! just great.. haha:clap::clap:

jimbobjarree
06-30-2010, 07:52 PM
heroes

Hindy27
06-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Right cuz they Nets play in rural missouri? The Nets have plenty of people living in Newark, just they have very few die hard fans. In fact, Newark is the largest city by population in the state. :facepalm: Even when they were going to the Finals their attendance was crap. The nets have not been ranked higher than 19th in attenance in the last decade. In that time they made the playoffs six times. The Knick have not strayed from the top ten in attendance even though they have only two playoff apperances in last 10 years
Well Knick fans can't have it both ways, so now Newark is a big city I see.

In the last few weeks with the FA debate playing in Newark was like playing in Alaska or something. So East Rutherford must've been like playing on the moon.

PurpleJesus
06-30-2010, 08:58 PM
wolves fans and kincks fans have been feuding since wolves drafted Rubio (im a wolves fan), and while I havent enjoyed the knicks fans comments on our board, I have learned that that fan bases blood runs deep. I dont see Knicks fans jumping the wagon at all.

Chill_Will_24
06-30-2010, 09:12 PM
wolves fans and kincks fans have been feuding since wolves drafted Rubio (im a wolves fan), and while I havent enjoyed the knicks fans comments on our board, I have learned that that fan bases blood runs deep. I dont see Knicks fans jumping the wagon at all.

I agree. However i doubt the plan was ever to turn die hard Knicks fans into Nets fans. The plan was to turn the huge number of NY sports in general. There are lots of die hard Knick fans. Those fans can stick with their dying franchise but you can bet that those that love cheering for a winning NY team will be Nets fans. Knicks have lots of history but history always starts somewhere and i have a feeling the Nets are about to start theirs. Ny hasnt been the Mecca for a long time. The Nets might be able to make it so again if LBJ was with them

DaBUU
07-01-2010, 01:54 PM
This is hilarious.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Turf-war-Nets-buy-giant-billboard-near-Madison-?urn=nba,252849

The best part:

Knicks owner Jim Dolan was so angry over a bigger-than-life 227-foot billboard of Nets owners Jay-Z and Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov on the Eighth Avenue side of the Garden that sources say Dolan called Jay-Z and declared the mural was "intimidating to his employees."

arkanian215
07-01-2010, 01:57 PM
This is supposed to be what it looks like when it's done.
http://www.nba.com/nets/media/top-story.jpg

Also...we've had 2 threads on this already.

dolfan720
07-01-2010, 01:58 PM
how great

DaBUU
07-01-2010, 01:58 PM
didnt see them, my fault, someone can close it up

Draco
07-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Knicks owner Jim Dolan was so angry over a bigger-than-life 227-foot billboard of Nets owners Jay-Z and Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov on the Eighth Avenue side of the Garden that sources say Dolan called Jay-Z and declared the mural was "intimidating to his employees."

:laugh2:

The Raven
07-02-2010, 05:10 AM
I suppose whatever you gotta do to irritate the opposition you should do

robdizzle3
07-02-2010, 05:16 AM
This guy is great. The Nets may become my second best team. People say Knicks fans wont turn if Lebron went to NJ, but thats tru and false, because I know some Knicks fans who I didnt realize were fans, until this offseason. They're hidden everywhere and come out when something positive happens. I know that they're some diehards out there, but you still have your fairweather fans.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-02-2010, 05:23 AM
I agree. However i doubt the plan was ever to turn die hard Knicks fans into Nets fans. The plan was to turn the huge number of NY sports in general. There are lots of die hard Knick fans. Those fans can stick with their dying franchise but you can bet that those that love cheering for a winning NY team will be Nets fans. Knicks have lots of history but history always starts somewhere and i have a feeling the Nets are about to start theirs. Ny hasnt been the Mecca for a long time. The Nets might be able to make it so again if LBJ was with them

HAHAHAHA...I didnt read your post at all...but I love your sig.

NBA-GMaster
07-02-2010, 05:37 AM
(Knicks Fans) :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy: :win: (Mikhail Prokhorov) HAHAHA!!

KnickFanSince91
07-02-2010, 06:55 AM
I love how people say the Knicks have no shot at LeBron but praise the Nets young core like they're not fresh off a 12 win season. Lopez played every game last season and Harris played 64...and they still only won 12.

The Nets will never be bigger in NY than the Knicks and the billboard makes the new owner look clueless. Instead of making a sign to piss Dolan off, he should ve spent the money in the neighborhood where the Barclay's Center is opening. The Nets project doesn't exactly have the residents' blessings.

Mochalman
07-02-2010, 06:58 AM
Mikhail Prokhorov is becoming the most interesting man in the NBA. What an idea.

you can say that again

_Supreme_
07-02-2010, 07:06 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Nets become one of the NBA's premier franchises 5 years from now, similar to Cuban and the Mavericks perhaps.

themadstork
07-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Considering that they all talk about playing in the Mecca of basketball and how Manhattan is the greatest borough in the greatest city in the world...I find it unfailingly hilarious how Knick fans come off like some 5'4" dude with a scorching Napoleon complex.

Guess thats what 2 championships in 65 years, and a 37 year drought will do for you. Seems to me that, despite their high pitched squeals, Knick fans know that they're sliding into oblivion.

Too funny.

-Stork

NYK|NYY
07-02-2010, 09:11 AM
I thought the sign was hilarious, good job by the Nets.

cheetos185
07-02-2010, 09:19 AM
All is fair in love and war the nets will always be the mets of NYK

King P
07-02-2010, 11:56 AM
And just like the Jets can never be a better franchise than the Giants.
That's debatable.

jetsfan89
07-02-2010, 12:12 PM

just how big a deal those teams are depends on how much they win. its really quite that simple. because the nets, mets, and jets aren't synonymous with winning they're not big deals.

lakers4sho
07-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Mikhail Prokhorov is the homie.

BiGBizzness
07-02-2010, 12:24 PM
but what i find funny is that even tho jay is one of the owners i barely ever seen this dude at nets games,but spend most of his time at games at the garden that tells u alot about one of there owners.and this new owner probably get locked soon lol because from what i see nobody knows how he got his money and what was on the news about russian spys in nj hmmm interesting....

omdigga
07-02-2010, 12:25 PM
the big russian has a sense of humor.. i cant see REAL knick fans switching.. but many would look foward to a good rivalry.. i know i do..
jay-z sweats the garden.. i didnt catch him court side at any net games.. but then again i didnt catch any net games so who knows...

JerseysFinest
07-02-2010, 12:37 PM
I love how people say the Knicks have no shot at LeBron but praise the Nets young core like they're not fresh off a 12 win season. Lopez played every game last season and Harris played 64...and they still only won 12.

The Nets will never be bigger in NY than the Knicks and the billboard makes the new owner look clueless. Instead of making a sign to piss Dolan off, he should ve spent the money in the neighborhood where the Barclay's Center is opening. The Nets project doesn't exactly have the residents' blessings.

thats a very ignorant statement, considering that was last season. Many of their players were injured, the interim coach was never a coach in his lifetime, and the overall team morale was low. Prokhorov seemingly won't stop until the Nets are the best, so I'll I'm saying is watch out

King P
07-02-2010, 01:21 PM
All is fair in love and war the nets will always be the mets of NYK
Not necessarily

NYK|NYY
07-02-2010, 01:26 PM
I forgot, Jay Z spends a lot of time at the Garden for a Nets owner!

29$JerZ
07-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Knicks are always NY's team, that won't ever change.

Da Knicks
07-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Real knick fans will be knick fans the rest can join all the laker bandwagon fans or the russian rullete fans.

Evolution23
07-02-2010, 01:32 PM
so 2 ugly dudes that know nothing about basketball are going to convert diehard knick fans? that might work in chicago but not in NY haha

Human FlameShld
07-02-2010, 01:43 PM
I love what the Nets are trying to do....if I was in NYC coming out of Penn Station and saw a Nets billboard I'd have smile a little...that attitude and arrogance is why this guy became a billionaire in the first place. That is taking a fight to your opponent.

I think he'll turn the Nets around but of course they'll still lose to the Sixers.

SaimoNETS
07-02-2010, 01:48 PM
so 2 ugly dudes that know nothing about basketball are going to convert diehard knick fans? that might work in chicago but not in NY haha

you mad?

King P
07-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Yankees are the only NY franchise that has their #1 spot secured.

Chill_Will_24
07-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Knicks fans are clinging to straws now

VinceCarter
07-02-2010, 02:22 PM
I have to stop coming to these NBA forums where the Knicks fans lurk. :facepalm:

I want to come here for good content on the NBA and I run into these......I'll stop myself there :laugh2: