PDA

View Full Version : Bulls may nab Bosh to sway LeBron

YankeeFan28
06-30-2010, 06:34 AM
According to sources, the Bulls may try to lock up center/power forward Chris Bosh first and use that as a part of their sales pitch to James, the main domino in the NBA's high-stakes free-agent game.

With Bosh on board to go along with point guard Derrick Rose and center Joakim Noah, the Bulls could say they're the only team James is considering that already has two former All-Stars (Bosh and Rose) and a potential one (Noah).

The key to building a championship team, the Bulls would argue, is having multiple All-Stars, and James would be hard-pressed to find such an impressive supporting cast already in place.

Even if the Bulls don't get James, the Bosh signing makes sense because he's the second player on their wish list. They also could come to terms with Bosh and then try to work out a sign-and-trade with the Toronto Raptors.http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/2448000,CST-SPT-bull30.article

Allstar21
06-30-2010, 06:42 AM
Bosh wants sign & trade...how do the bulls do this?

Kyben36
06-30-2010, 06:58 AM
The thing is, here is my opinoin

Bosh will come if LBJ lands in chicago

LBJ will have a hard time turning down chicago with Bosh on it

but I dont think that Bosh will come if LBJ isnt guarenteed to be there, and I dont think that Chicago is promisin enough to LBJ without bosh. the only way we land them is if they talk with one another and decide that their destination would be chicago.

magichatnumber9
06-30-2010, 07:19 AM
That might be there best bet but I don't see it at this point. Miami is to tempting an offer

Confusious
06-30-2010, 07:32 AM
The Bulls better go hard at Bosh tomorrow. Hope for an agreement with him before meeting with James. If they both talk to each other after the meeting and feel good enough, I can see it happening.

I'm biased, but I see the Chicago situation being way more tempting, basketball and business wise, than the Miami situation.

I still wouldn't mind a combination of JJ and James, but I would not give Johnson the max.

akagiredsuns
06-30-2010, 07:38 AM
That might be there best bet but I don't see it at this point. Miami is to tempting an offer

How is Miami too tempting? They will have superstars but no bench. You think James or Bosh are gonna go to Miami with Chalmers, Haslem, & Beasley rather than Rose, Noah, Deng? People have to stop smoking that weed. Really. :facepalm:

BALLER71
06-30-2010, 07:51 AM
How is Miami too tempting? They will have superstars but no bench. You think James or Bosh are gonna go to Miami with Chalmers, Haslem, & Beasley rather than Rose, Noah, Deng? People have to stop smoking that weed. Really. :facepalm:

Nice, you don't even mention the fact that we have a top 3 player in the NBA! NICE.

Confusious
06-30-2010, 07:51 AM
For real. Yes, Miami has Wade, but he's aging and is EVENTUALLY going to be on the decline. Very soon, imo. Kind of like Paul Pierce and the Celtics are right now. Try and sell Bosh and James with the prospect of having Chalmers as their "trusted" PG.

Meanwhile, in Chicago, there is no player older than 25, and they have blooming talent in a 21 year old all-star Rose, and Noah has high potential to be an all-star when healthy.

Miami will not be a competitive team with three superstars. Suppose they get in foul trouble. Suppose there are injuries, and the bench players have to go in. All of a sudden you're getting the ball passed to you by some unknown kid. Not that appealing to me.

Miami is a laid-back city. If Bosh and Bron are serious about winning, they don't consider that place for longer than two seconds. But, I don't take a city where people eat steaks in thongs entirely seriously. It just cramps my style.

BALLER71
06-30-2010, 08:05 AM
For real. Yes, Miami has Wade, but he's aging and is EVENTUALLY going to be on the decline. Very soon, imo. Kind of like Paul Pierce and the Celtics are right now. Try and sell Bosh and James with the prospect of having Chalmers as their "trusted" PG.

Meanwhile, in Chicago, there is no player older than 25, and they have blooming talent in a 21 year old all-star Rose, and Noah has high potential to be an all-star when healthy.

Miami will not be a competitive team with three superstars. Suppose they get in foul trouble. Suppose there are injuries, and the bench players have to go in. All of a sudden you're getting the ball passed to you by some unknown kid. Not that appealing to me.

Miami is a laid-back city. If Bosh and Bron are serious about winning, they don't consider that place for longer than two seconds. But, I don't take a city where people eat steaks in thongs entirely seriously. It just cramps my style.

That just kind of confused me. You say Miami is a laid back city bu then you say, why would Lebron consider this city? And you don't like girls in thongs in the beach?

nstojic
06-30-2010, 08:08 AM
these don't need their own threads....clogging up our forum... just wait until Jul 1, until then, it's all crap

The Smurf
06-30-2010, 08:09 AM
Nice, you don't even mention the fact that we have a top 3 player in the NBA! NICE.

I am a Bulls fan and I thought the same thing. Ridiculous leaving Wade out of a discussion to make the Bulls look better. Truth is, both teams have a lot to offer LBJ.

Confusious
06-30-2010, 08:12 AM
That just kind of confused me. You say Miami is a laid back city bu then you say, why would Lebron consider this city? And you don't like girls in thongs in the beach?
I said people. Not women. What kind of person generally eats at steakhouses?

I think Lebron doesn't need to live in Miami to get girls in thongs. Pretty sure his wife wouldn't like that. Nor would it be very good for his kids. The last thing he needs is to follow in Tiger Woods' shadow.

Miami is a city that isn't pressured to win, and Wade has already won a ring. He isn't as desperate to get a ring as Bosh and James are. They go to a city like Chicago, who are absolutely DESPERATE to get out of their mediocrity post-Jordan era and emerge as champions once again.

Once more, I am biased, but it makes much more sense these guys go to Chicago than Miami.

Not to mention, Chicago is not far from his home... I think that might play a bit of a role.

johnwayne
06-30-2010, 08:20 AM
I am a Bulls fan and I thought the same thing. Ridiculous leaving Wade out of a discussion to make the Bulls look better. Truth is, both teams have a lot to offer LBJ.

why do people keep saying that? miami DOES NOT..i repeat DOES NOT have enough to sign all 3....if they re-sign wade then they only have room for 1 i repeat 1 more max FA....stop payin so much attention to PSD and pay attention to espn, which one do you think is more credible?

magichatnumber9
06-30-2010, 08:27 AM
ESPN says Bosh wants to get a max deal. Bosh's ego will be the stick in the spoke.

BALLER71
06-30-2010, 08:35 AM
I said people. Not women. What kind of person generally eats at steakhouses?

I think Lebron doesn't need to live in Miami to get girls in thongs. Pretty sure his wife wouldn't like that. Nor would it be very good for his kids. The last thing he needs is to follow in Tiger Woods' shadow.

Miami is a city that isn't pressured to win, and Wade has already won a ring. He isn't as desperate to get a ring as Bosh and James are. They go to a city like Chicago, who are absolutely DESPERATE to get out of their mediocrity post-Jordan era and emerge as champions once again.

Once more, I am biased, but it makes much more sense these guys go to Chicago than Miami.

Not to mention, Chicago is not far from his home... I think that might play a bit of a role.

I don't understand what you're trying to get at with the steakhouse question...

"Miami isn't a city that is pressured to win." Isn't this a good thing?

ryder78c
06-30-2010, 08:48 AM
i would rather be in miami if i was lbj n bosh wade>Rose and shaq would go there for mle and could easily get players to sign for MLE with that team

Shaq/Anthony
Bosh/Beasley
James/
Wade/
Chalmers/ (ridnour)

Possible players Ridnour,salmons,Alston,Allen,

Beasley can be a trade chip to the right team i think but who knows if anybody will pick him up....maybe the nuggets for JR Smith

DaoudS
06-30-2010, 08:48 AM
I hope for ***** and giggle Bosh just goes to the Bucks.

Truheatfan
06-30-2010, 08:50 AM
whoever gets bosh has a higher chance of getting Lbj and can we stop arguing about which city is more enticing cause its old any city is just about better than cleveland so if he really decides to leave (which he may not) we'll find out soon enough where and why

TO to the CHI
06-30-2010, 09:04 AM
i would rather be in miami if i was lbj n bosh wade>Rose and shaq would go there for mle and could easily get players to sign for MLE with that team

Shaq/Anthony
Bosh/Beasley
James/
Wade/
Chalmers/ (ridnour)

Possible players Ridnour,salmons,Alston,Allen,

Beasley can be a trade chip to the right team i think but who knows if anybody will pick him up....maybe the nuggets for JR Smith

Did you really just use the ability to have Shaq join the team as a reason to go to Miami????? Shaq would go to any team at this point. He would also be a horrific fit on a team with LBJ, Wade, and Bosh. I assume you have not followed basketball for the past 2-3 years.

As an aside, I think that all 3 going to Miami could be a scenario in play because they might want to all play together and might take a discount to do so. However, I am not sure how well 3 guys who were all the lead dog and primary option on offense for the past 5 years will co-exist. The Olympics is one thing. The NBA regular season is another. It would be very interesting to watch. The reality is that teams that have a supporting cast are a better fit (i.e. Houston for Bosh -- and I am not a Houston fan), but ultimately these guys get to decide what they prioritize.

marlinsfan24
06-30-2010, 09:13 AM
why do people keep saying that? miami DOES NOT..i repeat DOES NOT have enough to sign all 3....if they re-sign wade then they only have room for 1 i repeat 1 more max FA....stop payin so much attention to PSD and pay attention to espn, which one do you think is more credible?

When the Heat move Beasley, they will have the available cap space. You need to get your face out of your *** and pay attention to the facts.

Allstar21
06-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Shaq and Miami management didn't exactly like each other when they parts ways and shaq was traded to the Suns

BigBanger
06-30-2010, 09:18 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/2448000,CST-SPT-bull30.article

Cavs Have Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison, which have both been all stars. The also had Z and Shaq, two more past all-stars. JJ Hickson is a great development player too.

Besides, I don't see a team ever having 3 current true all stars on the same team. Not enough balls to go around for everyone to get their stats

johnwayne
06-30-2010, 09:24 AM
When the Heat move Beasley, they will have the available cap space. You need to get your face out of your *** and pay attention to the facts.

"WHEN" the heat move beasley, well he's overrated and the draft has came n went and free agency starts tomarrow and he has yet to be traded...so as of right now, the heat DO NOT have enough to sign all 3....in that case you can make the same argument for the bulls and deng...WHEN and IF we move him we'll have room for 3.....NOBODY WANTS BEASLEY and free agency starts tomarrow, get your face out of your *** and get over it

NYK|NYY
06-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Cavs Have Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison, which have both been all stars. The also had Z and Shaq, two more past all-stars. JJ Hickson is a great development player too.

Besides, I don't see a team ever having 3 current true all stars on the same team. Not enough balls to go around for everyone to get their stats

Mo was only an all star because of Lebron, Jamison is a joke right now. He doesn't look anything like he used to. If the Cavs really did surround him with good players why the hell would he be opting out?

BullsFTW
06-30-2010, 09:25 AM

Well, don't be suprised if Dwyane Wade pulls an Elton Brand....If he can turn his back from his hometown, he's capable of doing that to Miami....

The ChILL
06-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Kind of off topic here, but is it possible to sign a max deal and have years 4, 5 and 6 be a player option? I ask because what if LeBron re-ups with the Cavs and structures his deal like that and if he is not satisfied jumps ship to the Nets when they would officially be in Brooklyn after year 3?

Pauleboman
06-30-2010, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE=NYK|NYY;13867566]Mo was only an all star because of Lebron, Jamison is a joke right now. He doesn't look anything like he used to. If the Cavs really did surround him with good players why the hell would he be opting out?[/QU
Get the plan and sign them Bulls its just right.
Wade been smokin the stuff not us..

beasted86
06-30-2010, 09:38 AM
But if the Bulls sign Bosh to the max, what will they offer LeBron? $14M?

lavilevi23
06-30-2010, 09:43 AM
"WHEN" the heat move beasley, well he's overrated and the draft has came n went and free agency starts tomarrow and he has yet to be traded...so as of right now, the heat DO NOT have enough to sign all 3....in that case you can make the same argument for the bulls and deng...WHEN and IF we move him we'll have room for 3.....NOBODY WANTS BEASLEY and free agency starts tomarrow, get your face out of your *** and get over it

What team wouldn't take on a 15 ppg 6 rpg 21 year old player with great allstar potential for basiclly 5m$ ? Riley already said he had many offers for Beasley but i'm sure he wants to trade him for Bosh in a sign & trade.

mark1125
06-30-2010, 09:44 AM
In other news, the sun rose today across the world.

Seriously, until they sign there is going to be a new "source" saying the big 3 are going here, there, and everywhere. Can't we just lump them all into one topic?

BigBanger
06-30-2010, 09:46 AM
Mo was only an all star because of Lebron, Jamison is a joke right now. He doesn't look anything like he used to. If the Cavs really did surround him with good players why the hell would he be opting out?
The Cavs have tried, which I think is the key point. Gilbert will spend whatever money he can to try to make the team better. Cavs management has gone above and beyond in trades to try to get LeBron his missing pieces.

At the time of these trades, it was thought that they were good moves. Some of them were good, some not. But the Cavs tried to make it happen.

Giantwarrior
06-30-2010, 10:07 AM
if Bosh get a sign and trade he will get more money then Lebron signing as a FA. lol, i dont know how this will work out. Im sure they both have big ego's

Bob_at_york
06-30-2010, 10:16 AM
In other news, the sun rose today across the world.

Seriously, until they sign there is going to be a new "source" saying the big 3 are going here, there, and everywhere. Can't we just lump them all into one topic?

that is how I feel about all this. I just yawn with each article. By this time tomorrow I will start paying attention.

johnwayne
07-04-2010, 10:38 AM
What team wouldn't take on a 15 ppg 6 rpg 21 year old player with great allstar potential for basiclly 5m$ ? Riley already said he had many offers for Beasley but i'm sure he wants to trade him for Bosh in a sign & trade.

15 and 6 isnt great for a PF.....he also has many off court issues and character problems....also, that 5 mil is from his rookie contract, which is comin up soon, then he's gonna want more than he's worth.....also besides wade, the heat have nobody good enought o trade for bosh....toronto isnt stupid nobody on the heat besides wade is even worth mentioning.

GodsSon
07-04-2010, 10:42 AM
It's simple Chicago, part with Noah in a S&T and Bosh is yours.

He's repeatedly stated he wants the max, and BC won't accept your junk offers just to appease Bosh; on the flip side of the coin, Bosh won't walk away from the extra 30 mil and 6th year. Not to mention you only have room for one max FA, so if LeBron signs, you're SOL unless you part with a real asset.

Noah or bust.

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Bosh's ego won't take less than a max contract, and Lebron will not accept being the second most paid guy on a team.

If the Bulls want Bosh then they need to trade Noah for Bosh.

gwrighter
07-04-2010, 11:06 AM
the raptors want noah and a TPE at least.

redwhitenblue
07-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Well, the Raptors apparently aren't even that high on a S+T, so I don't see a need to push a great player to them.

What offer are the Raptors going to get better than Taj Gibson, multiple first round picks and TPE?

GodsSon
07-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Well, the Raptors apparently aren't even that high on a S+T, so I don't see a need to push a great player to them.

What offer are the Raptors going to get better than Taj Gibson, multiple first round picks and TPE?

Houston is willing to offer better then that...people need to use their heads, why would we want Taj Gibson when we just drafted Ed Davis and re-signed Amir for close to 7mil/per?

redwhitenblue
07-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Houston is willing to offer better then that...people need to use their heads, why would we want Taj Gibson when we just drafted Ed Davis and re-signed Amir for close to 7mil/per?
That's only if Bosh wants to go to Houston.

I know it's his old hometown, but I have major doubts with the injury problems they have with Yao.

If Bosh says he wants to go to Chicago or Miami, that's probably as good of a package as you get. If you choose to turn that down and make Bosh pick between the extra 30MM and Houston or the less money and the other destinations, please do. I'd prefer Bosh at the lower price or I'd rather just take Boozer for well under the max.

gaughan333
07-04-2010, 11:16 AM

I don't think bosh wants to go to Houston though, and this is his choice. Would you rather have Taj Gipson or nothing? Personally, (I'm a bulls fan) I'd tell bosh to F off since he's been such a dick throughout this process. However, a basketball team probably wants something...

GodsSon
07-04-2010, 11:28 AM
That's only if Bosh wants to go to Houston.

I know it's his old hometown, but I have major doubts with the injury problems they have with Yao.

If Bosh says he wants to go to Chicago or Miami, that's probably as good of a package as you get. If you choose to turn that down and make Bosh pick between the extra 30MM and Houston or the less money and the other destinations, please do. I'd prefer Bosh at the lower price or I'd rather just take Boozer for well under the max.

Bosh has said repeatedly he will not accept less than the max, something he can only attain by working with us.

Chicago has enough cap-space to sign one max FA, so if we don't like the package you put forth, then we tell you to **** off until you up the ante...the teams with cap-space seem to really be behind the 8-call this summer.

jules77
07-04-2010, 11:29 AM
I cant see how Chicago can get both Lebron and Bosh..without having to move Deng. Can't see Lebron or Bosh taking a pay cut..especially when Memphis gave Rudy Gay 5 years 82 mill! That set the market right there. Now the $51 million dollar question is can the Bulls move Deng?

G-Menfan4lyfe
07-04-2010, 11:31 AM
I cant see how Chicago can get both Lebron and Bosh..without having to move Deng. Can't see Lebron or Bosh taking a pay cut..especially when Memphis gave Rudy Gay 5 years 82 mill! That set the market right there. Now the $51 million dollar question is can the Bulls move Deng?

doubtit.com :)

DaoudS
07-04-2010, 11:32 AM
I don't know why any team would help the Bulls create a potential dynasty by taking that contract. Help yourself by not helping them.

platinum1
07-04-2010, 11:36 AM
The rumor is that the Bulls have a couple of teams ready to trade for Deng
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503045
By dumping Deng the Bulls can easily sign "2" max players.
But the Bulls dont need to sign Bosh to be a good team or trade Deng to get 2 good players.
They can sign Lebron or Wade with Boozer and still be able to keep Deng because Boozer wont be getting a max contract.
A team with Lebron or Wade with Boozer, Rose , Noah , Deng will be hard to beat.

redwhitenblue
07-04-2010, 11:38 AM
The Bulls don't need THAT much more room, moving Taj and JJ could create the room needed IIRC.
Bosh has said repeatedly he will not accept less than the max, something he can only attain by working with us.

Chicago has enough cap-space to sign one max FA, so if we don't like the package you put forth, then we tell you to **** off until you up the ante...the teams with cap-space seem to really be behind the 8-call this summer.
Then I guess the question is, would Bosh rather go to somewhere he doesn't want to, or only take 100 MM to go to his favorite place?

jules77
07-04-2010, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=redwhitenblue;13937637]The Bulls don't need THAT much more room, moving Taj and JJ could create the room needed IIRC.[/QUOTE/]

Ok how much in total cap space would they have if they move Taj and JJ? and who are the suitors for Taj and JJ?

Evolution23
07-04-2010, 01:55 PM
No they are not going to take anything less than a max... that means only bosh may come.. but lebron is not coming by himself i will bet you money

Mochalman
07-04-2010, 10:00 PM
more like nab bosh because they are not getting lebron

ldawg
07-04-2010, 10:08 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/2448000,CST-SPT-bull30.article
Noah would be a hard working cemter but not all-star