PDA

View Full Version : Lakers are considering bringing back Farmar for 1 year

kblo247
06-30-2010, 02:23 AM
link (http://tinyurl.com/295tpcq)
The Lakers are contemplating offering Farmar a one-year, $3-million contract in order to avoid losing him as an unrestricted free agent. If they tender him the deal, known as a qualifying offer, he remains a restricted free agent and they have the right to match any offer sheet he signs with another team.

It makes sense especially with Shannon reportedly looking for 5mil a year according to Vic the Brick.

I'm not against keeping Jordan and even letting him have the opportunity to do the Bynum start thing, while Fish finishes games.

lakerboy
06-30-2010, 02:31 AM
Omg pls no.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-30-2010, 02:50 AM
lol brown wants 5 millions per year

I hope Mitch shows THIS (http://www.therightperspective.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/STFU_and_GTFO.jpg) for him

dru5151
06-30-2010, 03:09 AM
5 mil for shannon (no defense, can't shoot consistently, holds the ball for 23 1/2 seconds when he gets the pass) brown wants 5 mil a year...
Please, I hope they let both of these underachievers walk.
Kick rocks b!tches.

Avenged
06-30-2010, 03:12 AM
I'm all for Farmar coming back especially for 1 year, one last shot to prove himself what he's made of.

We've all been talking about all these FA's coming over to add depth to the bench but lets be realistic, it's possible we don't get anyone that we're gunning for.

PGLakers
06-30-2010, 03:25 AM
unless mitch is planning on getting another PG for half mle...farmar is only option...option that i dont like..but what are u going to do.

shep33
06-30-2010, 03:26 AM
Hmm, this is interesting. I have always been looking at it this way... Farmar and Brown opt out and we get Rindour/Blake to replace them.

However, I see where LA is coming from here... Blake and Ridnour aren't sure bets, they can tell the Lakers to screw off if they wanted more money. I'm just saying, with Farmar we can at the very least ensure that we have another pg. Which makes sense if we're playing it safe.

robdizzle3
06-30-2010, 03:38 AM
Im prepared for Farmar to walk, even if we do offer him the deal, because he's got it implanted in his brain, that he wants to start, so we'll see what happens. If I had to bet, he's not gonna be a Laker next season.

Iceman_9
06-30-2010, 03:53 AM
are you willing to give farmar 3M and the starting job next year guys? It is very clear to farma that he wants to start. nothing more, nothing less.

kArSoN RyDaH
06-30-2010, 04:46 AM
noooooooooOoooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOoooO I DONT WANT HIM BACK.

Rskinz101
06-30-2010, 05:21 AM
If im Farmar i would be stupid to turn down any deal the Lakers would give him. He needs to think about it really good. He isn't really gonna start anywhere else and right now if Fisher retires he is going to be our starter and he can get a chance to show he deserves a bigger deal. I mean if you are given a chance to be a starter on a championship team and probably won start somewhere else what would you really do. Im sure another tean isnt gonna offer him more then 4 million a year.

Bye bye Shannon Brown your only good for a dunk evey other game that gets us excited but in the end its only 2 points and i dont wanna spend 5 million bucks for a guy who is undersized and doesnt show anything impressing beside he can jump high lol.

kid24
06-30-2010, 05:32 AM
no more farmar please let him go he sucks he maybe ok on any other team but not on a championship team

Raven19
06-30-2010, 07:47 AM
Resigning farmar would not be much of a risk if it is only for 1 year which would mean if he still sucks next season, then bye Jordan.. But if he becomes consistent, is very well worth the risk..

Toadman
06-30-2010, 11:09 AM
All these people that are saying let Farmar go. Who are you guarenteeing will sign with us
for the money we have available? We wanted Hinrich, but he's off the table. We might not be able to get anyone we want.

8kobe24
06-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Decent offer, but I doubt Farmar will take it unless he had no choice. At this stage of his career he is looking for long term security and a starting job.

Wow, Shanon wants north of 5 mil per year? As much as I like the spark he brings every dunk, he is not worth that much.

still1ballin
06-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Meh.

No.

The Raven
06-30-2010, 12:55 PM
I wouldnt mind him on a one yr deal. If he expects to start though, then nevermind cos i personally dont ever see him as anything more then a role player

halofan714
06-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Jordan Farmer is a waste of money to bring back. Shannon Brown is okay but he has to work on alot of areas, such as driving to the basket and not settling for the tiny jumper. He has hops but has to learn more the black mamba. We should use some of our money on more veteran leadership who knows how to play defense such as raja bell, maybe a marcus camby to help out with Bynum and Gasol. Get rid of Farmer, Mbenga, Morrison. Get rid of Walton for a forward name to be maybe a James Posey or Shane Battier for defensive purposes. Get all of Kobe's enemies from past - Posey, Battier, Bell.

kblo247
06-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Im prepared for Farmar to walk, even if we do offer him the deal, because he's got it implanted in his brain, that he wants to start, so we'll see what happens. If I had to bet, he's not gonna be a Laker next season.

By giving him his qualifying offer they have the right to keep Jordan for 1 year, match offers for him, or let him walk if they could get a Blake signing guaranteed at the same price. I think it is just smart to do it as he is restricted and would have no choice but to take it if he can't get more on the open market.

I laughed my *** off at Shannon expecting Sasha (dropped 20 in the Finals and set the record for 3pt percentage as a Laker) and Luke money when both of them played better to get paid and Luke even got less as the third best player and starter. Mitch should reach over the table and pimp slap him if he is serious.

ToLiveInDieInLA
06-30-2010, 02:16 PM
I was hoping he would be gone last year........then they brought him back with a team option this year. I was excited all year thinking this was his last year. He isn't a good defender, decent shooter and horrible at attacking the rack! Why do they keep this guy around? He isn't triangle type guard that Phil usually likes. Take your chance on a Raymond Felton or Steve Blake they won't be any worse than Farmar, if anything they will be slight to major upgrades. The Lakers are winning championships so continue to spend a be way over the cap the team is backing it for 2 yrs now. Please Mitch don't bring this dude back.

myqntab
06-30-2010, 04:10 PM
its all about the money fellas.....farmar at 3 mil is better than having to spend the MLE on a felton or blake.....come on guys...keep it real

L@ker4Life
06-30-2010, 04:52 PM
I can't believe how many people are dismissing Farmar like he is Mbenga. Farmar is a quality role player who is still getting into his groove in this league. Farmar will continue to be a good role player off the bench and possibly evolve into a starting PG regardless who he plays with. He played great against Nash his rookie season in the playoffs. I think given the opportunity he could be a good starter for this team. We have so many great big name players...we can't have an all star team. For the money farmar is a very good choice. I personnaly hope he stays because I dont see us getting Ridnour or blake or felton or any of these other guys.

I for one am STOKED that brown is leaving...peace homie dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

KillaInstinct24
06-30-2010, 05:29 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

New Power House
07-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Did not happen! Our prays were heard! Blake,Bell,LR,or any other player that can produce in a more consistent basis! We have enough with The king of inconsistency in our team,Mr. Lamar Odom!