PDA

View Full Version : Source: Knicks have a Three-Star plan for LeBron

The Dream
06-30-2010, 12:34 AM
The Knicks are preparing to pitch LeBron James on an ambitious proposal by which two other All-Stars join James in New York to form a dominant roster capable of winning multiple championships.

SI.com spoke with a "league source with complete understanding of New York's plans" who said the Knicks will sell James on the team's vision of surrounding him with shooting guard Joe Johnson and either Chris Bosh or Amar'e Stoudemire at power forward.

The Knicks have been seen as outsiders in the pursuit of James but their bold attempt to bring three stars to New York represents a significant shift in strategy.

The team would divide its estimated $34.5 million in cap room equally among all three free agents, meaning each would start at a yearly salary of about $11.5 million.

The source said that, with bonuses achieved, each player can earn an average salary of $15.7 million over a five-year contract.

On top of those salary and bonus amounts paid on the player contracts, the Knicks will emphasize that with the abundance of off-the-court business opportunities for star athletes in the world's largest media market, the players would be able to earn more in New York than they would make on a maximum-salary contract in other NBA cities. If the club reaches its potential and wins a championship, the endorsement and other business opportunities will multiply.

If the three top free agents are ready to come aboard, then Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Toney Douglas, Bill Walker, this year's draft picks, and three to four veteran-minimum players would surround the roster's 'Big Three.'

The team will also promise James that the front office will use the cap space created by Eddy Curry's $11.3 million expiring salary to pursue a fourth free agent, potentially Carmelo Anthony, in 2011. James will be told that this added flexibility next summer is another element that he would not have with any of the other teams.

Via SI.com

still1ballin
06-30-2010, 12:35 AM
and the saga continues!!!!!!!!!

hugepatsfan
06-30-2010, 12:36 AM
The only point in that whole piece that makes sense is the last one.

The Dream
06-30-2010, 12:39 AM

No it actually makes a lot of sense. They can split the max salaries up and get beyond their salaries in promotions and endorsements

Chinatownbiznes
06-30-2010, 12:43 AM
Only a knicks fan would actually think this will happen

Beltrans Mole
06-30-2010, 12:43 AM
I'm going to LOL big time if Lebron comes to the Knicks, and every god damn Heat and Bulls fan can be extremely salty about it.

iggypop123
06-30-2010, 12:44 AM
that actually is a better pitch than just NY is better than any other city in the world crap they were saying. the huge thing is the flexibility next year. once teams go all out this year they will be capped out and with the new CBA coming most teams wont be able to just MLE a player cause that would be much more than the usual 12 million taxed.

sixer04fan
06-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Didn't Melo just sign an extension? Or are they still working on that in Denver?

YANKSJETSKNICKS
06-30-2010, 12:47 AM
wow i like it...lol who wouldnt lets get real here

Chacarron
06-30-2010, 12:50 AM
That is pathetic.

DamnGoat
06-30-2010, 12:51 AM
Stupid plan. No chance 3 potential max players will accept less to all play with each. Not in NY, Miami, Chicago, anywhere...it's just not happening.

Plus if NY really believes that's the best they can offer then why can't Miami trump it since they already have a better SG than Joe Johnson and can offer each player a little more money than $11.5?

kntresistheheat
06-30-2010, 12:51 AM
No it actually makes a lot of sense. They can split the max salaries up and get beyond their salaries in promotions and endorsements

This is a copy of what the Miami herald, it said that lebron, bosh, wade can split the 38mil or they can do a sign and trade for bosh so he can have a full max. Cause wade and lebron can make the difference up with endorsements. Now I know these reports just copy each other and all these reports are false and I choose not to believe anything else! We are all buying into this crap, and it's making us go insane!!

AddiX
06-30-2010, 12:53 AM
It's funny how everyone forgets that Dolan is a media king not only in NY but around the world.

Just recently he was going to buy some big news website, and found out the owner said something bad about him. Within a month half of the guys sponsors pulled out and Dolan pulled out of the deal.

People have this idea Dolan is a joke. The guy has crazy money and crazy pull. '

Not only can he go to these free agents and tell him he will give them deals to do stupid stuff like show up to events or do a few radio ads, he can ask a bunch of his rich friends in the media world to do the same. The few million dollars these guys would lose in salary is pennies for what Dolan can offer them.

Heck, Al Harrington even got a shoe deal here. And believe it or not, but they actually sold.

Lakers4ItAll
06-30-2010, 12:53 AM
i'm going to lol big time if lebron comes to the knicks, and every god damn heat and bulls fan can be extremely salty about it.

:d

abe_froman
06-30-2010, 12:54 AM
if you have james why the hell would you go after melo???

xabial
06-30-2010, 12:54 AM
Sounds Smart and reasonable. Endorsements will more than make up the difference in pay cuts. Dam. Nice Plan Lets go Knicks.! This will be one scary team in 2010.. Dynasty..

KmB728
06-30-2010, 12:55 AM
Lebron Bosh and Wade this year

Carmelo next

:drool:

will never happen but could you imagine!

HOZ THE KNICK
06-30-2010, 12:57 AM
1 day away

lvlheaded
06-30-2010, 12:58 AM
Lets face it, no one knows ****, everyone has "sources" and "insiders" when in reality the only ones who know whats going on is the free agents, I cant wait for this to end

NYtilIdie
06-30-2010, 12:59 AM
Thats crazy, but won't happen unless we traded Eddy for Amare or Bosh which won't happen.

Plus Lebron would get more endorsements attention then Bosh and JJ which would cause a problem amongest the three.

uprightciti
06-30-2010, 12:59 AM
[QUOTE=DamnGoat;13865001]Stupid plan. No chance 3 potential max players will accept less to all play with each. Not in NY, Miami, Chicago, anywhere...it's just not happening.

umm what do you have to say about boston then?

HOZ THE KNICK
06-30-2010, 01:02 AM
you guys don't believe everything you read donnie will never present a blueprint as stupid as that.........now i guess sports illustrated is the next site posting false allegations i can't wait until this shitt is over.

DamnGoat
06-30-2010, 01:06 AM
Much different scenario. First KG and Ray were dealt to Boston, they didn't just say "hey, let's go sign with Paul Pierce and win a Championship." Second, they were all past their prime stars that were desperate for a championship and willing to put their egos aside. It's not like they all chose to go there as potential max FA's and then take less money to accommodate each other. Kinda strange that anyone would think that situation is even similar.

People are being a bit ridiculous expecting these super teams to form in NY, Miami or Chicago. It's just not happening. At best we might see 2 max guys on one team, but it's most likely gonna be a max guy and a lesser star in these places...like LeBron/Boozer, JJ/Bosh, Wade/Amare, etc.

But hey, if you and anyone else wants to buy into these fantasy teams then have fun being disappointed in a few days.

xabial
06-30-2010, 01:07 AM
you guys don't believe everything you read donnie will never present a blueprint as stupid as that.........now i guess sports illustrated is the next site posting false allegations i can't wait until this shitt is over.

I believe this plan, and hope it works

HOZ THE KNICK
06-30-2010, 01:08 AM
I believe this plan, and hope it works

5 mil per yr pay cut for each player banking on endorsements is not going to happen

PrestigeWldWde
06-30-2010, 01:09 AM

And it's a huge point. I haven't even though of it. In the end Eddie Curry might haunt his hometown Bulls...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!

yiformvp
06-30-2010, 01:09 AM
can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting starts knicks can really use a wish right now...

abe_froman
06-30-2010, 01:10 AM

celtics were bring together guys who tried on their own all during each's prime and failed,they were staring at the wrong side of their career and looking at the prospect of retiring without one

these guys are all still in their primes,still have years to do it as the man,ect.

calibird707
06-30-2010, 01:10 AM
But I thought lebron to the bulls is a done deal...what a joke!!!!!

PrestigeWldWde
06-30-2010, 01:13 AM
Thats crazy, but won't happen unless we traded Eddy for Amare or Bosh which won't happen.

Plus Lebron would get more endorsements attention then Bosh and JJ which would cause a problem amongest the three.

JJ isn't that type of guy though...he has never been in the spotlight even though he was a beast on the Hawks. I think he's been underrated for a while.

mets77
06-30-2010, 01:15 AM
Boston Fans (While Lebron is at the free throw line): NEW YORK KNICKS NEW YORK KNICKS NEW YORK KNICKS NEW YORK KNICKS NEW YORK KNICKS NEW YORK KNICKS NEW YORK KNICKS NEW YORK KNICKS NEW YORK KNICKS

footballer2369
06-30-2010, 01:17 AM
they can do that or they can have a better trio in Miami and not take a pay cut and not pay income tax...................

you tell me which is more appealing

ldc62
06-30-2010, 01:19 AM
Boston Fans (While Lebron is at the free throw line): NEW YORK KNICKS NEW YORK KNICKS NEW YORK KNICKS NEW YORK KNICKS NEW YORK KNICKS NEW YORK KNICKS NEW YORK KNICKS NEW YORK KNICKS NEW YORK KNICKS

Whats your point?

sixerfixer
06-30-2010, 01:19 AM
Knick fans are Delusional. Lebron IS going to be a New Jersey Net! Jay Z has already PROMISED Lebron one night...ANYTHING goes with Beyonce :-)

I mean how is New York, or any other team gonna top that ? I mean one night with her is worth MORE than say....5 Billion dollars a year. So you see, it's a easy call. Lebron is a Net!!

mets77
06-30-2010, 01:21 AM
Whats your point?

dont worry about it. even boston fans know.

The Dream
06-30-2010, 01:22 AM
Knick fans are Delusional. Lebron IS going to be a New Jersey Net! Jay Z has already PROMISED Lebron one night...ANYTHING goes with Beyonce :-)

I mean how is New York, or any other team gonna top that ? I mean one night with her is worth MORE than say....5 Billion dollars a year. So you see, it's a easy call. Lebron is a Net!!

really? (http://l.yimg.com/k/im_siggs15SeAJm.tbe4SN91hmE4g---y626-x495-q75-n1/omg/us/img/15/2c/2250867668_6348865613.jpg)

iggypop123
06-30-2010, 01:23 AM
i dont know why everyone has 9:30 pacific circled on their calendar when it strikes its not like a free agent will immediately sign. this will drag on for a week

nyknicks33
06-30-2010, 01:23 AM

There are PLENTY of better looking woman in NYC lol

Don Starks
06-30-2010, 01:24 AM
really? (http://l.yimg.com/k/im_siggs15SeAJm.tbe4SN91hmE4g---y626-x495-q75-n1/omg/us/img/15/2c/2250867668_6348865613.jpg)

hahahaha That is funny..

boriquaabe
06-30-2010, 01:26 AM

Actually Larry coon the most prominent Salary Cap expert has a write up about it and just responded that 15.7mil per year for each after bonuses would be what's offered.

Ok.... Here is the write up Larry Coon wrote about how the Knicks with the current cap available can pay 3 max's 15.7 mil per year after bonuses. First his tweet from 5 minutes ago and a link to the article.

@dogmanx23: SI.com wrote $11.5M for Lebron/Joe/Bosh and can turn that into $15.7M in bonuses

LarryCoon
I wrote about that here: http://bit.ly/90pscd

Ballin274
06-30-2010, 01:26 AM
can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting starts knicks can really use a wish right now...

that was so gay

mets77
06-30-2010, 01:29 AM
Actually Larry coon the most prominent Salary Cap expert has a write up about it and just responded that 15.7mil per year for each after bonuses would be what's offered.

Ok.... Here is the write up Larry Coon wrote about how the Knicks with the current cap available can pay 3 max's 15.7 mil per year after bonuses. First his tweet from 5 minutes ago and a link to the article.

@dogmanx23: SI.com wrote $11.5M for Lebron/Joe/Bosh and can turn that into $15.7M in bonuses

LarryCoon
I wrote about that here: http://bit.ly/90pscd

How much can then heat offer again?

OnslaughtXX6
06-30-2010, 01:31 AM
that was so gay

lmao

TheBay30
06-30-2010, 01:33 AM
Knicks are only going to end up with Joe Johnson watch!!!

Lisound15
06-30-2010, 01:33 AM
nobody knows **** about anything,
watch lebron goes to the clippers and everyone gets ****ed
plus it would be smart to take less money and go to new york because #1 all their jersey sales will skyrocket, #2 they will get a **** ton of endorsements, I mean look its new york the medie capital of the world, their faces will be all over times square and the rest of the world and #3 if they win in new york they instantly become legends in the eyes of new york sports fans, which is something that nobody can put a price on

boriquaabe
06-30-2010, 01:35 AM

Because the Heat and Bulls both made the playoffs neither can offer the unlikely to make playoffs bonus.

TheBay30
06-30-2010, 01:37 AM
Lebron staying in cavs!

boriquaabe
06-30-2010, 01:40 AM

Oh.... I think 44 cap divided by 3. 14.6per. But the knicks after signing 3 max would have 7 players on the roster and the heat would have 5. And then there are the endorsements which in NYC would dwarf Miami. I lived in Miami and during the off-season months the place is deserted. NYC has money moving in and out of the city 24/7 365.

boriquaabe
06-30-2010, 01:40 AM
Lebron staying in cavs!

I agree. It's going to be really hard for him to leave Cleveland, Very.

Ballin274
06-30-2010, 01:41 AM
lmao

i mean we get clowned on all the time, and some people come out with some good ****, but that was way too feminine to be funny.lol

boriquaabe
06-30-2010, 01:42 AM
LBJ needs to show some perseverance and forbearance and finish the job in Cleveland.

Robbw241
06-30-2010, 01:46 AM
Nets should do the same and have Mikhail give Lebron 1 billion dollars in endorsements mmmmmm.

kblo247
06-30-2010, 01:47 AM
If Lebron wanted endorsements so badly he should just go to the Lakers or the Rockets.

homestarunner93
06-30-2010, 01:58 AM
Hahaha...there's absolutely no chance he's going to take less than the max, much less less than $12 million. Delusional Knicks supporters are grasping at anything.

footballer2369
06-30-2010, 02:02 AM

full max, so an extra 4 million in base salary and there is no state income tax.

PrestigeWldWde

http://bostonherald.com/blogs/entertainment/the_assistant/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/beyonce.jpg

really :p

The Dream
Hahaha...there's absolutely no chance he's going to take less than the max, much less less than $12 million. Delusional Knicks supporters are grasping at anything.

none of us said this is happening , why do you gotta hatefor no reason? seriously?

abe_froman
i dont know why everyone has 9:30 pacific circled on their calendar when it strikes its not like a free agent will immediately sign. this will drag on for a week

this.nothing is going to change between now and than..same speculation.the same thats been going on for months and years.actual agreements..hell meetings even wont be for days/weeks

PrestigeWldWde
06-30-2010, 02:06 AM
I agree. It's going to be really hard for him to leave Cleveland, Very.

Nah...the only thing that would be hard for him----------if he signs somehwhere else and plays against Cleveland IN Cleveland...they would FLIP OUT ON HIM. There would be no more Cleveland love. Sorry.:clap:

PatelJ1010
06-30-2010, 02:18 AM

Knicks fans just love to dream...Yes i see this as a really ******** situation why would you need Carmelo if you have James

MacFitz92
06-30-2010, 02:23 AM
I would seriously doubt New York lands LeBron. But crazier things have happened.

abe_froman
06-30-2010, 02:25 AM
I would seriously doubt New York lands LeBron. But crazier things have happened.

i wouldnt,i have no idea whats gonna happen

PrestigeWldWde
06-30-2010, 02:25 AM

Yep.

So Mac, you're in Dallas...what's the word on Dirk resigning with the Mavs???

Do0msday
06-30-2010, 02:30 AM
First off, Carmelo was said to be nearing a 3 year, $65 mil dear around draft day, so I don't see him going anywhere. Denver fans LOVE him and he's a great fit for that team, therefore the last part of the article makes NO sense.

Secondly, there's no way on earth they'd all agree for less money. If that's the case then what's to stop Prokhorov from finding a loophole to get guys more money? Hell, he's got $13+ billion in his bank account.

I'm sorry, but this really does sound like Knicks fans grasping at straws. Last year they thought they'd be alone in getting him, that it was a 100% certainty. Now they've got competition and it does look like things aren't turning out the way fans had hoped. There are the Bulls, Heat, Cavs, Nets, and even the Clippers (though they really have no shot) all in the running for James and other big name free agents.

Look what Prokhorov did that, come later today (technically) will be finished and be looking over Madison Square Garden:

http://i50.tinypic.com/w8w0ht.jpg

Dolan has so much money ... yet Prokhorov is the 1 with the 200+ foot billboard over looking the Knicks' home...

THE MTL
06-30-2010, 02:33 AM

Im a Knicks fan and I dont even think that will happen

Ballin274
06-30-2010, 02:36 AM

This obviously wasn't posted by a knicks fan or it would've been in the knicks forum.

boriquaabe
06-30-2010, 02:53 AM
First off, Carmelo was said to be nearing a 3 year, $65 mil dear around draft day, so I don't see him going anywhere. Denver fans LOVE him and he's a great fit for that team, therefore the last part of the article makes NO sense.

Secondly, there's no way on earth they'd all agree for less money. If that's the case then what's to stop Prokhorov from finding a loophole to get guys more money? Hell, he's got $13+ billion in his bank account.

I'm sorry, but this really does sound like Knicks fans grasping at straws. Last year they thought they'd be alone in getting him, that it was a 100% certainty. Now they've got competition and it does look like things aren't turning out the way fans had hoped. There are the Bulls, Heat, Cavs, Nets, and even the Clippers (though they really have no shot) all in the running for James and other big name free agents.

Look what Prokhorov did that, come later today (technically) will be finished and be looking over Madison Square Garden:

Dolan has so much money ... yet Prokhorov is the 1 with the 200+ foot billboard over looking the Knicks' home...

The Toronto Raptors have begun to assess which players they would try to obtain in potential sign-and-trade transactions involving free-agent forward Chris Bosh(notes).

Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo told a Toronto radio station he thinks Bosh “likely” will leave the team. Should Bosh decide to sign elsewhere, Colangelo also said the Raptors will try to engage in a sign-and-trade deal to bring the franchise some measure of compensation.

Sources said the Raptors will try to acquire draft picks and young players in return for Bosh. They would likely ask for forward Michael Beasley(notes) and point guard Mario Chalmers(notes) in any deal with the Miami Heat. If Bosh were to go to the Chicago Bulls, the Raptors like forward Taj Gibson(notes) and center Joakim Noah(notes), though Noah could prove impossible to pry from Chicago. If Bosh settles on the New York Knicks, the Raptors would try to engage in a double sign-and-trade that sends Knicks forward David Lee(notes) to Toronto.

Sources called a potential sign-and-trade with the Los Angeles Lakers “doubtful.”

Bosh has most commonly been linked to the Heat and Bulls, where he could join either Dwyane Wade(notes) or LeBron James(notes), if not both. Agent Henry Thomas, who represents both Bosh and Wade, denied a report the two had met together with James over the weekend in Miami. But, Thomas said, the three have talked frequently about their futures. Sources said Amar’e Stoudemire(notes), Carlos Boozer(notes) and Joe Johnson(notes) have also discussed various scenarios with their fellow free agents. Denver Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony(notes) and New Orleans Hornets point guard Chris Paul(notes) have joined the conversations, as well.

Wade has made clear he won’t commit to re-signing with the Heat until he knows which other players will be joining him.

“That’s always been part of the decision,” Thomas said. “Obviously, Miami along with other teams, has a plan that they would like to execute. He’s going to listen to that plan and probably take the opportunity to listen to other plans.”

Wade and Bosh will reportedly meet with the Knicks and New Jersey Nets in New York shortly after the start of free agency. Thomas wouldn’t confirm any appointments, but said it’s possible Wade and Bosh could decide to meet with teams together.

“Their friendship is good,” Thomas said. “As a result of going through this experience, their relationship will be a lot stronger.”

James’ representative, Leon Rose, shares the same agency, CAA, as Thomas.

“It would be unrealistic to assume we won’t be having discussions about this,” Thomas said. “One of the things that will be to our advantage, that we will have, is information. We’re in the same company so information will be shared."

I really am getting tired of posters acting as if they are close personal friends to these athletes and act all high and mighty like they know what's running through these guys mind.

dodie53
06-30-2010, 02:55 AM

dream team FTW

boriquaabe
06-30-2010, 02:58 AM
Nah...the only thing that would be hard for him----------if he signs somehwhere else and plays against Cleveland IN Cleveland...they would FLIP OUT ON HIM. There would be no more Cleveland love. Sorry.:clap:

This is a typical asinine response from a biased fan. Do you know LBJ?

The guy grew up in Akron not too far from Clev., he just built a 25 million dollar dream home there, His kids are going to have to go to school there, his family and friends are there, he stated he wasn't going to go anywhere else until he brings a chip to cleveland.

Don't profess to know the man. Sure it's easy for you to say "NAH" but guy your not in the position he is in and will NEVER be in the position he is in. I am a 25 year Knick fan and as a fan I want him to stay in Cleveland and finish the job.

NYK_kidd77
I haven't seen any Knick fans say anything delusional in this thread and are being called that. So allow me to give them a reason. Curry for Melo

LA_Raiders
ok, dream on NY

NYK_kidd77
06-30-2010, 03:00 AM
ok, dream on NY

CP3
JJ
Melo
LBJ
Bosh

Only cause Howard cant be had right now.

abe_froman
06-30-2010, 03:03 AM
I haven't seen any Knick fans say anything delusional in this thread and are being called that. So allow me to give them a reason. Curry for Melo

:laugh2: there we go

NYK_kidd77
06-30-2010, 03:05 AM
:laugh2: there we go

Thought id at least give people a reason do call us that.:D

Heater4life
06-30-2010, 03:11 AM
Any team can do this. And if it hasnt been evident as of yet, i think the endorsements and attention will follow Lebron where ever he goes.

But ok i guess, we'll see soon enough. Lets give everyone hope i guess. (heat fans included)

boriquaabe
06-30-2010, 03:15 AM
Any team can do this. And if it hasnt been evident as of yet, i think the endorsements and attention will follow Lebron where ever he goes.

But ok i guess, we'll see soon enough. Lets give everyone hope i guess. (heat fans included)

Correction>>>> only teams that didn't make the playoffs last year.

LakeShowRaider
06-30-2010, 03:16 AM
Why would LeBron wanna get paid the same as Joe Johnson???

The Raven
06-30-2010, 03:16 AM
I really cant see him going anywhere other then the Heat now. But i guess anything's possible

boriquaabe
06-30-2010, 03:40 AM
This is a copy of what the Miami herald, it said that lebron, bosh, wade can split the 38mil or they can do a sign and trade for bosh so he can have a full max. Cause wade and lebron can make the difference up with endorsements. Now I know these reports just copy each other and all these reports are false and I choose not to believe anything else! We are all buying into this crap, and it's making us go insane!!

Are you guys even reading the damn article I posted?

Larry Coon addressed this already. He wrote that the unlikely playoff bonus that only a team can give if they didn't make the playoffs last year would be written into the contract. So the effin contract offer would be 15.7 mil per for each. Not 11.5mil and not the 14.6 mil the heat can offer. Just click on the link and read for yourselves.

boriquaabe
06-30-2010, 03:43 AM
Some of you just come on these threads and just start typing blah...blah...blah without going through the thread and reading the information some of us supply links too written by reputable sources on key Cap info..(larry coon...look him up and read his stuff you might learn something)

boriquaabe
06-30-2010, 03:45 AM
Why would LeBron wanna get paid the same as Joe Johnson???

If they all are going to max out what's the difference? He's not thinking wherever I sign I have to make sure I get more than Joe Johnson.

BlkProphet79
06-30-2010, 03:50 AM
Knicks fans just love to dream...Yes i see this as a really ******** situation why would you need Carmelo if you have James

Melo can lead the second unit! :D

Heater4life
06-30-2010, 04:11 AM
Some of you just come on these threads and just start typing blah...blah...blah without going through the thread and reading the information some of us supply links too written by reputable sources on key Cap info..(larry coon...look him up and read his stuff you might learn something)

With you being the first, typing random information in which you read from a possible unreliable source in 5 seconds and then act as if your a knowledgeable person. If it made you feel smart for a brief moment i applaud you :clap: . Now back to reality.

Where did you conjure up the idea that the Heat can only offer 14.6M

Here the breakdown:

They have to take paycuts, but not to the extreme you seem to think.

Their cap holds & max contract for all 3 is exactly: $16,568,908

Assuming Beasley & Toronto's 1st is traded in a S&T for Bosh or a separate trade involving Beasley for cap space (the three max's are not happening without the Beasley dea and Beasley will be moved )........

PG: Chalmers $0.854M
SG: Wade $16.4M
SF: LeBron $16.4M
PF: Bosh $16.4M
C:: Anthony $1.06M (qualifying offer)

EX: Jones' buyout: $1.5M

Total: $52.614M + $3.315M (cap holds x 7) = $55.929

Just under the $56.1M salary cap. Feel free to email this scenario to Larry Coon. It's all legit.

Add in the fact that we have no state income tax and there making the max, at 5% their saving 800k a year.

We all want these guys, lets not be a homer, state our view points, and wait and see. Luck to you and the Knicks.

boriquaabe
06-30-2010, 04:34 AM
With you being the first, typing random information in which you read from a possible unreliable source in 5 seconds and then act as if your a knowledgeable person. If it made you feel smart for a brief moment i applaud you :clap: . Now back to reality.

Where did you conjure up the idea that the Heat can only offer 14.6M

Here the breakdown:

They have to take paycuts, but not to the extreme you seem to think.

Their cap holds & max contract for all 3 is exactly: $16,568,908

Assuming Beasley & Toronto's 1st is traded in a S&T for Bosh or a separate trade involving Beasley for cap space (the three max's are not happening without the Beasley dea and Beasley will be moved )........

PG: Chalmers $0.854M
SG: Wade $16.4M
SF: LeBron $16.4M
PF: Bosh $16.4M
C:: Anthony $1.06M (qualifying offer)

EX: Jones' buyout: $1.5M

Total: $52.614M + $3.315M (cap holds x 7) = $55.929

Just under the $56.1M salary cap. Feel free to email this scenario to Larry Coon. It's all legit.

Add in the fact that we have no state income tax and there making the max, at 5% their saving 800k a year.

We all want these guys, lets not be a homer, state our view points, and wait and see. Luck to you and the Knicks.

Heater read your post. You said that any team can put together an offer like the one proposed the Knicks might do. You never mentioned a S&T.

And my response was to a poster that specifically asked "how much can the Heat offer again?" and I simply took the number that has been reported by Coon and others the 44 mil. and divided that by 3.

boriquaabe
06-30-2010, 04:38 AM

^^^^^^this is what you posted and it isn't true. Any team can't do this. Maybe if Toronto does do a S&T for Beasley like you mentioned...sure. But that's an entirely different scenario. LOL....you conveniently add a Beasley S&T for Bosh....ROTFL.

jbterrelle
06-30-2010, 04:39 AM
NBA version of the Yankees??

:facepalm::facepalm:

boriquaabe
06-30-2010, 04:39 AM
And then you subtract state income tax.....lol.

boriquaabe
06-30-2010, 04:42 AM
Riley's been trying to deal Beasley for a year now....

Endorsements are going to follow Lebron wherever he goes....lol. It's not about his existing endorsements following him it's about adding new ones. I guess in so.fla. he can get a lucrative endorsement from the winn dixie.

Kyben36
06-30-2010, 05:07 AM
The team would divide its estimated $34.5 million in cap room equally among all three free agents, meaning each would start at a yearly salary of about $11.5 million.

everyone saw this right ???

NYFan4Life
06-30-2010, 05:17 AM
ummm....11.5 m is not exactly the billions Lebron is looking for. ROFL!!

Allstar21
06-30-2010, 06:32 AM
Riley's been trying to deal Beasley for a year now....

Endorsements are going to follow Lebron wherever he goes....lol. It's not about his existing endorsements following him it's about adding new ones. I guess in so.fla. he can get a lucrative endorsement from the winn dixie.

lol...maybe Waffle house will ink a deal with him too....maybe even BP would endorse him to do some commercials about their clean-up effort

oak2455
06-30-2010, 07:39 AM

Dolan has so much money ... yet Prokhorov is the 1 with the 200+ foot billboard over looking the Knicks' home... So Carmelo hasnt signed yet which is big....second your a Yankees fan as am I your talking about the Nets...they will always be second in this town...plus playing in lovely Newark for at least two more years doesnt help and one big thing Rod Thorn is leaving thats a big hole nobody talks about

akagiredsuns
06-30-2010, 07:51 AM

Exactly another desperate article with no legs to it. Seriously they're calling Bulls fans pathetic? No way in hell will any team have LeBron, JJ, Bosh, & Melo on one team. EVER. OMG how stupid this is all getting. One more day. :facepalm:

obcha22
06-30-2010, 08:13 AM
The glaring issue to me here is, there are not enough in endorsements and promotions to make these guys feel happy. NYC has a ton of money and is the highest profile stage. But there is still the possibility of over-saturation. With three huge names expecting huge dollars, it will be difficult to find the companies and products to use their names for and they could end up competing for the off court dollars which will affect on court dynamic.
If they can put ego aside and actually share, it could work. And they would have to know Lebron will have to be top dog in everything. With that said, how do you sell Melo the next year? Come play second or third fiddle to Lebron?
If you tell me that the DOlan's were going to offer pieces of MSG or Cablevision (which they can do. Actually the only team who can do it i believe) That would make sense. But they will never part with enough of the stock to make the players happy.
But how cool would that be? If they gave away just enough that the players could start to call the shots and be their own bosses?
Personally I say F Lebron. Lets Get stoudmire and johnson then chase Melo next year

sintaks12
06-30-2010, 10:01 AM
No one EVER said that NY would offer 11.5M to each player. The article said they would be able to bring their salaries up to MAX because the "unlikely bonus" could be structured into the deals. The Knicks haven't made the playoffs in a millennia. Miami can't offer it. Chicago can't offer it. That coupled with 11 million in cap space in 2011... these are huge factors. Not saying this dream team will be assembled, but the unlikely bonus and flexibility in 2011 are huge selling points IMO.

JOSKOMANG4
06-30-2010, 10:12 AM
The Russian has more money than Dolan!! Let's go Nets!!!!!

The[chi][town]
06-30-2010, 10:24 AM
But I thought lebron to the bulls is a done deal...what a joke!!!!!

dont believe everything ya read!:)

uws
06-30-2010, 10:24 AM
I like the idea, and being a corporate NY'er I know how much earning potential players would have here over anywhere else. Other fans and outsiders can like it or not, but its a fact that they would make an astronomical amount more than any NBA contract could ever pay them; HOWEVER, I think it is hard for anyone on the outside to realize that, including players so I dont think it would be an easy pitch to make something like this happen. I also think a pitch that revolves around speculation is a bit hard to orchestrate

Thisisouryear!!
06-30-2010, 10:38 AM
that actually is a better pitch than just NY is better than any other city in the world crap they were saying. the huge thing is the flexibility next year. once teams go all out this year they will be capped out and with the new CBA coming most teams wont be able to just MLE a player cause that would be much more than the usual 12 million taxed.

Lets not also forget the Knickare the only team in the NBA that can offer these players STOCK in the team if the come here.....this could be a huge factor everyone is looking past.

sep11ie
06-30-2010, 11:05 AM
F'in ********

BocaHooperBrian
06-30-2010, 11:26 AM
LMAO...who comes up with this nonsense........oh ok, these guys are gonna take millions less, be taxed more than anyother state.....look I love the Knicks but this type of story is nonsense

showtym24
06-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Cant wait till lebron signs back with cleveland so all these knicks, heat, and bulls fans take all these stupid sigs off.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-30-2010, 11:34 AM
the russian has more money than dolan!! Let's go nets!!!!!

it dosen't matter what billionaire has more money than another billonaire there still a cap, what point you dudes don't understand.

buck4493
06-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Via SI.com

Why in the holy hell would these players accept less money to play in NEW YORK?? How laughable. They can play in Miami-No State tax, or Chicago-less expensive, while earning a ton more money over 5 years. Lebron can make 30 mill more staying in CLE.

Give it up not everyone dreams of being a NY Knick.

J4KOP99
06-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Forget the first part, but when he mentioned them also having money for next years free agent class... I think that is pretty important.

Maybe it won't be Carmelo Anthony but the Knicks will be able to throw a lot of money at a big time player if they can't get exactly what they want this year. So say they only get Joe Johnson and Amar'e or something like that, then next off-season, they still will have a lot of money to throw at someone else.

AddiX
06-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Al Harrington got a shoe deal here.

if he can get a sponsorship like that, believe me there is more than enough sponsorships to fill the needs of superstars that fans actually like. and if they bring a ring, forget about it. The $ will pour in.

NYK|NYY
06-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Al Harrington got a shoe deal here.

if he can get a sponsorship like that, believe me there is more than enough sponsorships to fill the needs of superstars that fans actually like. and if they bring a ring, forget about it. The $ will pour in.

And who doesn't own a pair of those?!?

buck4493
06-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Cant wait till lebron signs back with cleveland so all these knicks, heat, and bulls fans take all these stupid sigs off.

I agree, i respect James poking around at these teams but what reason does he have to leave. its his home, he has a mmonster crib there. He pretty much owns the city. He's already a global icon so endorsements are there for the taking anywhere.

I will laugh so god damn hard when overrated Donnie Walsh fails to get James.

buck4493
06-30-2010, 11:44 AM
And who doesn't own a pair of those?!?

Lebron can get endorsements anywhere. It doesnt have to be NY.

Peyton Manning is struggling big time not playing in a huge market isnt he??

NYK|NYY
06-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Lebron can get endorsements anywhere. It doesnt have to be NY.

Peyton Manning is struggling big time not playing in a huge market isnt he??

Your right hes going to stay.

buck4493
06-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Your right hes going to stay.

I think theres a good reason he cancelled his tour stops and is making all teams go to akron OH.

hes gonna be polite and listen, but he will remain in Cleveland

uws
06-30-2010, 12:00 PM
football and basketball endorsements are totally different. Football is the biggest sport in the US, basketball is a weak 3rd - but it has global appeal, and the only way to market globally is through a global city LA/NY are the only ones

not saying that will sway things, but its a fact that he will make more marketing money in a global city - miami, cleveland, and chicago are definatley not even close to being considered global

i think he bought his ticket out of cleveland 2 years ago... he just is having people come to akron to avoid the circus that would surround his trips

oak2455
06-30-2010, 12:02 PM
The "King" may be close to finding his castle.
LeBron James has checked out several West Village townhouses, raising the hopes of city hoops fans that world's greatest basketball player could be playing for the Knicks next season.
"King James" has fallen in love with one of Manhattan's most coveted neighborhoods -- which is just minutes from his other potential future home, Madison Square Garden -- said a broker who showed him the luxurious pads.
"He seems to be set on that neighborhood," big-league broker Dolly Lenz told The Post.
That's in part because the townhouses won't make the 6'8" Akron native worry about ducking when entering a room.

KENDALL RODRIGUEZ
DOWNTOWN SHOT: LeBron James toured this townhouse during a Village house-hunting trip.

"His main concern is ceiling heights," Lenz said.
One of the addresses the current Cleveland Cavalier star toured was 23 Perry Street, where "Piano Man" Billy Joel and his ex-wife, celebrity chef Katie Lee, lived.
The four-floor townhouse, which is listed at $12.95 million, has been featured in numerous glossy magazines and one of Lee's best-selling cookbooks.
It has four bedrooms, four bathrooms and the master suite has a private, landscaped terrace to check out the un-Akron-like views.
The 4,000-square-foot home also includes a fireplace, elevator, indoor pool, and a garden with a sound system.
There's custom cabinets and wine storage in a kitchen literally built for a chef.
The two-time MVP also took a peek at a 63rd-floor apartment in the Time Warner Building in Columbus Circle. That home, which includes floor-to-ceiling windows, is on the market for $14.95 million.
James wasn't just in town to house-hunt, however.
Last Thursday, he was at nightclub Avenue where Mary J. Blige sang a few numbers at the table next to him, Page Six reported.
He then watched the US World Cup match Saturday at Serafina on the Upper East Side while the whole restaurant gawked at the potential savior of the city's basketball franchise.
jennifer.keil@nypost.com

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/lebron_eyes_village_digs_Fw28y5O2qqAigWvF9lV45L#ix zz0sLw1aWjk

Eightyfive Y'aw
06-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Brilliant. The Knicks have the same plan as the rest of the FA contenders. Try to lure Lebron with other stars. The Knicks can only talk about their possible merits but have none. If everyone has money and some have major pieces in place what will make NYK more appealing?

Infamous916
06-30-2010, 12:12 PM
somebody make it end:sigh:

oak2455
06-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Brilliant. The Knicks have the same plan as the rest of the FA contenders. Try to lure Lebron with other stars. The Knicks can only talk about their possible merits but have none. If everyone has money and some have major pieces in place what will make NYK more appealing?

More cap space next year no one has that:eyebrow: Big Fatty Curry 11.5 million off the books:clap:

hockeyunhboy77
06-30-2010, 12:41 PM
I would never want to play in new york city way to busy. I would go to miami if i were lebron. be with wade and bosh. Bosh would def take a pay cut to play with lebron.

meloman1592
06-30-2010, 12:46 PM
lebrons going to the browns!!hands down

thekmp211
06-30-2010, 12:48 PM
It's funny how everyone forgets that Dolan is a media king not only in NY but around the world.

Just recently he was going to buy some big news website, and found out the owner said something bad about him. Within a month half of the guys sponsors pulled out and Dolan pulled out of the deal.

People have this idea Dolan is a joke. The guy has crazy money and crazy pull. '

Not only can he go to these free agents and tell him he will give them deals to do stupid stuff like show up to events or do a few radio ads, he can ask a bunch of his rich friends in the media world to do the same. The few million dollars these guys would lose in salary is pennies for what Dolan can offer them.

Heck, Al Harrington even got a shoe deal here. And believe it or not, but they actually sold.

he can be both

lvlheaded
06-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Again I say NO ONE KNOWS WHERE THESE GUYS ARE GOING. Every scenario is gonna be reported and explored by every writer from every city. Being a Knick fan I would love this, but the reality is that it probably wont happen without a S&T for eithe JJ or Amare. Only hours away before teams and players can talk so we will see.

What?
06-30-2010, 06:01 PM
football and basketball endorsements are totally different. Football is the biggest sport in the US, basketball is a weak 3rd - but it has global appeal, and the only way to market globally is through a global city LA/NY are the only ones

not saying that will sway things, but its a fact that he will make more marketing money in a global city - miami, cleveland, and chicago are definatley not even close to being considered global
i think he bought his ticket out of cleveland 2 years ago... he just is having people come to akron to avoid the circus that would surround his trips

http://www.pjentrepreneur.com/2008/11/01/at-kearney-ranks-top-10-global-cities-new-york-london-and-paris-lead-the-pack/

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-30-2010, 06:04 PM
I think theres a good reason he cancelled his tour stops and is making all teams go to akron OH.

hes gonna be polite and listen, but he will remain in Cleveland

Shoot maybe i should be polite.. Its costing him at least 600,000 dollars just to entertain free agency.. Im not sayin he's gonna be a knick but he obviously is seriously considering leaving especially if CLE doesnt find a way to get him some help ASAP.......

Vikingfan84
06-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Imagine...

Toney Douglas
Joe Johnson
Lebron James
Carmel Anthony
Amare Stoudamire/Chris Bosh

Catfish1314
06-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Plus if NY really believes that's the best they can offer then why can't Miami trump it since they already have a better SG than Joe Johnson and can offer each player a little more money than $11.5?

Because if LeBron does that in Miami, it's still Wade's team. If he went for this plan, he's still the man.

PrestigeWldWde
07-01-2010, 04:06 AM
This is a typical asinine response from a biased fan. Do you know LBJ?

The guy grew up in Akron not too far from Clev., he just built a 25 million dollar dream home there, His kids are going to have to go to school there, his family and friends are there, he stated he wasn't going to go anywhere else until he brings a chip to cleveland.

Don't profess to know the man. Sure it's easy for you to say "NAH" but guy your not in the position he is in and will NEVER be in the position he is in. I am a 25 year Knick fan and as a fan I want him to stay in Cleveland and finish the job.

With all-due respect...you are an idiot.
What? I said with all-due respect!!!;)

1) Now...where did I say I know LeBron James? Cmon...tell me.
2) So...we should all stop talking about LeBron going anywhere and our reasons for him staying in Cleveland or signing elsewhere because we will NEVER be in the position he is in and we won't understand it....what the ****??? Seriously???
3) From reading the rest of your posts, i'm fully convinced there might be a few things wrong with you...first, you might be extremely high or drunk...second, you might be 5 years old...or third, you might just be ****ing ********.

Try being logical. Do you actually think Cleveland would love him if he still bolted? Didn't think so. See, that wasn't so hard, was it?:D

PrestigeWldWde
07-01-2010, 04:07 AM
Imagine...

Toney Douglas
Joe Johnson
Lebron James
Carmel Anthony

Yeah nice IMAGINATION

and Toney Douglas...lol

xxcubs22xx
07-01-2010, 04:18 AM
Imagine...

Toney Douglas
Joe Johnson
Lebron James
Carmel Anthony

:facepalm:

Really?

I mean....really?

Just X out of your browser, now.

PrestigeWldWde
07-01-2010, 04:32 AM

Really?

I mean....really?

Just X out of your browser, now.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

_KB24_
07-01-2010, 04:33 AM
only 16 million averaging out?

machphantom
07-01-2010, 06:56 AM
I, as a Knicks fan do not think it's going to happen, but if I were pitching to LBJ, I tell him you get your #2 this year, but most importantly, we have movable pieces and expendable income for the following year with Curry's contract coming off the books. You have the advantage of being able to run the system for a full year, still compete, but if we fall short, we know where to improve and have considerable means to do so (and we will do so). If we need a Kendrick Perkins or Tony Parker next year (or even both), we will get it done and easily build a championship calibur team.

bosoxlover12
07-01-2010, 07:50 AM
lets. be. real. we ALL know that LBJ, Amare, Bosh, Wade will sign with the Kings, so that the King can be a King.

Amare-CB4-LBJ6-DW3-Tyreke

Cousins(BN)

goose15
07-01-2010, 08:22 AM

It will happen

oak2455
07-01-2010, 08:27 AM
It will happen
x 2:)

NYKalltheway
07-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Only Knicks haters believe that NY stands no chance. The fact is, Knicks have been the favorites since the 09/10 season begun

dstruong
07-01-2010, 11:20 AM
dumbest post of the year... if that was the case lebron and bosh are better off going to chi town and splitting the cap space. that would be a lot more money for each of them and i believe in the long run rose > johnson. + they have noah....

gocubsgo23
07-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Only Knicks haters believe that NY stands no chance. The fact is, Knicks have been the favorites since the 09/10 season begun

Actually, the fact is that only Knicks fans believe that. The rest of the basketball world and sports news knows the Knicks only have the city of NY to offer Lebron James, nothing else. And even that is questionable as a positive.

Thisisouryear!!
07-01-2010, 11:29 AM
With all-due respect...you are an idiot.
What? I said with all-due respect!!!;)

1) Now...where did I say I know LeBron James? Cmon...tell me.
2) So...we should all stop talking about LeBron going anywhere and our reasons for him staying in Cleveland or signing elsewhere because we will NEVER be in the position he is in and we won't understand it....what the ****??? Seriously???
3) From reading the rest of your posts, i'm fully convinced there might be a few things wrong with you...first, you might be extremely high or drunk...second, you might be 5 years old...or third, you might just be ****ing ********.

Try being logical. Do you actually think Cleveland would love him if he still bolted? Didn't think so. See, that wasn't so hard, was it?:D

lmao

sportzboy5252
07-01-2010, 11:32 AM
The pitch is completely ruined because they let it slip, which sent ATL into panic mode, and now they have a 6yr/124mil offer on the table. So how exactly will the Knicks convince JJ to turn that down for 9mil less per year with Lebron/Bosh/Amare not even being close to a sure thing?

Thisisouryear!!
07-01-2010, 11:32 AM
The KING will Be the KING OF THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD!

Rangers in 7
07-01-2010, 11:41 AM
i like the plan....a 4 headed monster! woohoo

JordanPippen
07-01-2010, 11:43 AM

gotta catch 'em all!

http://blog.palantirtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/pokepic1.jpg

JordanPippen
07-01-2010, 11:43 AM
double post

oak2455
07-01-2010, 12:08 PM
The pitch is completely ruined because they let it slip, which sent ATL into panic mode, and now they have a 6yr/124mil offer on the table. So how exactly will the Knicks convince JJ to turn that down for 9mil less per year with Lebron/Bosh/Amare not even being close to a sure thing?

What do the Nets have as their selling point...... forgot they play in New Jersey good selling point.. I know in possibly two years youll be in Brooklyn but til then your in Jersey:eyebrow: wait you had a 12 win season:eyebrow: last in attendance...JayZ and Beyonce are often at Knick games:) You have a billionare owner who wants to go global.....so does everyone else, and so you know NBA is pretty much global:eyebrow: just saying but you are the NJ Nets:speechless:

Evolution23
07-01-2010, 12:12 PM
LOL at all the Bulls fans that think they are getting Lebron on a average to below average team... Heat atleast have a decent team. The Bulls have been joke for the last decade while the Knicks have the best plan for getting free agents and this makes Bulls fans mad. Atleast u guys still got the goat Rose haha

Thisisouryear!!
07-01-2010, 12:25 PM
What do the Nets have as their selling point...... forgot they play in New Jersey good selling point.. I know in possibly two years youll be in Brooklyn but til then your in Jersey:eyebrow: wait you had a 12 win season:eyebrow: last in attendance...JayZ and Beyonce are often at Knick games:) You have a billionare owner who wants to go global.....so does everyone else, and so you know NBA is pretty much global:eyebrow: just saying but you are the NJ Nets:speechless:

Who would go to NJ seriously??? :confused:

ewells20
07-01-2010, 12:44 PM
...The Knicks will be lucky to just get Joe Johnson out of free agency, but even thats not going to happen as Johnson is reported to be close to resigning with Atlanta. Good luck though...

and BTW the Heat don't have any team. Michael Beasley, Jones, and Mario Chalmers are the only players still actually under contract and they're spending so much time trying to lure Lebron and Bosh there that they will probably loose out on some of their own players.

The Bulls on the other hand, if the manage to get LBJ and Bosh on the team, they would have Derrick Rose, Lebron James, Chris Bosh and Joakim Noah starting while they can use Luol Deng as trade bait to get a couple of bench players.

Both teams are pretty much in the same boat in terms of who's on the team. But I see Lebron and Bosh going to Chicago, and D Wade and Carlos Boozer teaming up in Miami

The Raven
07-01-2010, 12:47 PM
At this point, i dont evens see them getting any of those 4 players

The Dream
07-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Actually, the fact is that only Knicks fans believe that. The rest of the basketball world and sports news knows the Knicks only have the city of NY to offer Lebron James, nothing else. And even that is questionable as a positive.

What do you have to offer? Derrick Rose (who hasn't even proven himself), Joakim Noah, and a city half as famous as NYC

Well the Knicks have Gallo, Chandler, and TD to offer and the greatest city/greatest arena in the world.

I don't even know why I'm replying to this. It's so ignorant and stupid. bulls fans are seriously more annoying than met fans

ragee
07-01-2010, 12:52 PM
So they're planning to get Joe Johnson, Lebron and Melo? Are they planning to use one of them as their 6th man? LOL

Evolution23
07-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Bulls have nothing to offer but their overhyped mascot (noah), and a point guard that can't shoot 3's, can't defend or make others better.. Lebron is not going to Chicago, he wants his own legacy and he got dissed by jordan.. plus the buls are a disloyal team to their stars. Combine that with a Rookie Coach and a cheap owner... Lebron aint going there sorry.

cws5887
07-01-2010, 12:58 PM
New York is grabbing at its throat as the ship sinks! Looks like their pitch is as good as my 16 year old daughter's to borrow the car. I guess they forgot that these players have egos! Lebron will be staying in Cleveland with his family and friends, he is just trying to bet a BJ from some "strange" cities! Remember, Cle won mor games than any other team the last 2 years, and when Lebron signs another contract, so will someone else. Chicago would have the best chance, but he will decide to stay put, like most free agents will. They refer to this as the comfort factor. It will be funny to watch all the arrogant "we are the best city in the world" people slit there wrists in the bathtub when he resigns!

Evolution23
07-01-2010, 12:59 PM
So they're planning to get Joe Johnson, Lebron and Melo? Are they planning to use one of them as their 6th man? LOL

Lebron at point, Joe at sg, Melo at sf

ewells20
07-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Lebron may not go to Chicago, he may not go to Miami or Nets, but I'd like to know what makes New York so great? Why would Lebron want to play for one of the most dysfunctional teams of the 2000s?

...and just so you know Lebron, Melo, Joe Johnson and Bosh won't happen, I put a 100% guarantee on that!

The Dream
07-01-2010, 01:12 PM
New York is grabbing at its throat as the ship sinks! Looks like their pitch is as good as my 16 year old daughter's to borrow the car. I guess they forgot that these players have egos! Lebron will be staying in Cleveland with his family and friends, he is just trying to bet a BJ from some "strange" cities! Remember, Cle won mor games than any other team the last 2 years, and when Lebron signs another contract, so will someone else. Chicago would have the best chance, but he will decide to stay put, like most free agents will. They refer to this as the comfort factor. It will be funny to watch all the arrogant "we are the best city in the world" people slit there wrists in the bathtub when he resigns!

It will be funny when lebron doesnt go to chicago and you all are like "WHATTTTT IS HE CRAZY. HE COULD'VE PLAYED WITH SUPERSTAR DERRICK ROSE AND PLAYED WHERE MJ PLAYED LIKE OMG"

KingOf215
07-01-2010, 01:15 PM
I would certainly respect him more. Turning down temptations like this to support your home state would really say something about your character. This is one big difference between LBJ and Kobe, Kobe rats out his teammates & even insults his hometown. There's an unwritten rule against snitches, and talking down about where you are from. If LBJ stays, that should definitely command more respect... at least it does from me.

younggunn113
07-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Lebron may not go to Chicago, he may not go to Miami or Nets, but I'd like to know what makes New York so great? Why would Lebron want to play for one of the most dysfunctional teams of the 2000s?

...and just so you know Lebron, Melo, Joe Johnson and Bosh won't happen, I put a 100% guarantee on that!

Cause the 2000's are over? It's now 2010, new decade, new GM, new coach. I'm not a Knick fan by ANY means just making a point. They have a ton of cap space and have Curry coming off the books next year too. They can either trade him for a good player or let him walk and sign a FA next summer. He could also get to play for D'Antoni where he could average 35, 12, 11 because of the way they play. The players and management who were there during those dysfunctional teams are now gone. He also has the opportunity to build his OWN team. He can sign, pick who else he wants the Knicks to sign. Influence draft picks. The only players on the books for them I think are Danilo, Douglas, and Chandler. Curry as well, but he's either a trade chip or leaving after this year and giving the Knicks another 11 mill to spend.

I would certainly respect him more. Turning down temptations like this to support your home state would really say something about your character. This is one big difference between LBJ and Kobe, Kobe rats out his teammates & even insults his hometown. There's an unwritten rule against snitches, and talking down about where you are from. If LBJ stays, that should definitely command more respect... at least it does from me.

You're wrong, the one big difference is Kobe has 5 rings and Lebron has 0. I go to school in Philly and if you knew the story he never insulted his hometown. When he decided to declare for the draft people in Philly didn't support him and called him arrogant and stuck up, which he is, but he knew he was going to be great. They ragged on him forever and then when he had the opportunity he said he cant wait to win the title against the 76ers in Philly he said he wanted to rip the cities heart out. I also went to the 76ers/Lakers game this year and I can tell you the crowd was 60/40 Lakers-76ers. One of the few games sixers actually sell out. MVP chants everything. He also pays for his HS's basketball program. It's not like he completely distances himself from the city, and when he got booed at the ASG he even said it was disapointing and it kind of hurt his feelings. It shows that he cares about the area. You wouldn't know that though.

The thing that commands the most respect is winning. Do people forget Jordan punched Kerr in the face during a practice? I don't. It doesn't matter, it's your job to do whatever it takes to win and get people to follow you. Look at Shaq's relationships since he left LA. Everyone thought Kobe was the bad guy, but he had run ins with the Heat, Nash and the Suns and even the Cavs. I'd like to see LBJ stay as well, I like the whole one player one team idea, but if he stays he'll never win. Legacy may be more important than character right now for Lebron. People won't look back 20 years from now if Lebron stays and Cle and has 0 rings and say, "Well you know what, that guy was a real nice guy, he had a ton of character." They're going to say "Imagine if LBJ lived up to his potential, or what a failure his career was that he never won a ring."

rhymeratic
07-01-2010, 01:58 PM

+1

KingOf215
07-01-2010, 02:09 PM
You're wrong, the one big difference is Kobe has 5 rings and Lebron has 0. I go to school in Philly and if you knew the story he never insulted his hometown. When he decided to declare for the draft people in Philly didn't support him and called him arrogant and stuck up, which he is, but he knew he was going to be great. They ragged on him forever and then when he had the opportunity he said he cant wait to win the title against the 76ers in Philly he said he wanted to rip the cities heart out. I also went to the 76ers/Lakers game this year and I can tell you the crowd was 60/40 Lakers-76ers. One of the few games sixers actually sell out. MVP chants everything. He also pays for his HS's basketball program. It's not like he completely distances himself from the city, and when he got booed at the ASG he even said it was disapointing and it kind of hurt his feelings.

I lived in Philly my entire life and lived minutes away from Lower Merion High School. I am also old enough to remember the hatred Philly has for Kobe Bryant (which granted has died down through the years). Do you remember the All star game in 2002? It was held in Philly and they Boo'd Kobe till he was in tears. He cried like a baby! May be I'm old school, but one thing I know is that the older generation of Philadelphians do NOT respect snitches, and you don't talk trash about your hometown no matter what. And guess what? Saying you gonna rip the city's heart out is insulting your hometown. It's been a long *** time since 2001 finals, and all wounds heal over time. The Sixers haven't been relevant in nearly a decade, so it doesn't surprize me at all Kobe got some favorable chants. You can't tell me the Wachovia was packed with traditional Sixers fans, because they obviously are never there in 'regular games.' Most of these fans were there to see Kobe, and it was reported Kobe was Shocked at the response he got.

This is coming from someone who was born and raised in Philly... I wouldn't expect you to understand if you only came here for school.

Draco
07-01-2010, 02:17 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Walsh reveals a 4-star plan to obtain Lebron, Bosh, Wade, and Amare in which each star would agree to $8.25 mil compensation. Version 3.0 of this plan is expected Friday and sources have said another star could be added by dividing the capspace into an even smaller amount. Stay tuned.

29$JerZ
07-01-2010, 02:18 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Walsh reveals a 4-star plan to obtain Lebron, Bosh, Wade, and Amare in which each star would agree to $8.25 mil compensation. Version 3.0 of this plan is expected Friday and sources have said another star could be added by dividing the capspace into an even smaller amount. Stay tuned.

You could do a lot better than that.

Draco
07-01-2010, 02:19 PM
You could do a lot better than that.

I could, but I don't want to give Walsh any ideas. ;)

oak2455
07-01-2010, 02:22 PM

OMG your too funny that must be a hit in Chicago........:facepalm:

29$JerZ
07-01-2010, 02:27 PM

:eyebrow:

ewells20
07-01-2010, 02:30 PM
The 4 star plan is Not.....Going....To.....Happen... why does anyone think that 4 max contract players will take less than half to play with each other, I'm all for realistic possibilities but Walsh must be on something to think that he will get these 4 on the same team

NYtilIdie
07-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Nvm

dstruong
07-01-2010, 02:47 PM
This is a joke. No nba player in their prime will take less money to win championships! Only star players who have been in the league for 10+ years and full bank accounts would even consider something so stupid.

younggunn113
07-01-2010, 02:49 PM
I lived in Philly my entire life and lived minutes away from Lower Merion High School. I am also old enough to remember the hatred Philly has for Kobe Bryant (which granted has died down through the years). Do you remember the All star game in 2002? It was held in Philly and they Boo'd Kobe till he was in tears. He cried like a baby! May be I'm old school, but one thing I know is that the older generation of Philadelphians do NOT respect snitches, and you don't talk trash about your hometown no matter what. And guess what? Saying you gonna rip the city's heart out is insulting your hometown. It's been a long *** time since 2001 finals, and all wounds heal over time. The Sixers haven't been relevant in nearly a decade, so it doesn't surprize me at all Kobe got some favorable chants. You can't tell me the Wachovia was packed with traditional Sixers fans, because they obviously are never there in 'regular games.' Most of these fans were there to see Kobe, and it was reported Kobe was Shocked at the response he got.

This is coming from someone who was born and raised in Philly... I wouldn't expect you to understand if you only came here for school.

Yeah the hatred in the ASG stemmed from his comments in the 2001 finals. It's obvious where that came from. It was a year after he won a championship and did what he said he was going to do "cut their heart out." He had 0 support coming out of HS when he decided to go to the draft and all of Philly that he was too glizty and big time. His lack of support by the city made him make those comments in the finals. Why would he compliment a place that showed him 0 support? You're right you dont talk trash about your hometown no matter what. He went to Lower Merion, so that's technically not Philly. I wouldn't give my hometown the time of day if people were calling me out, telling me I'd never make it as a pro. Maybe if the city wasn't so scummy he wouldn't talk **** on them. Look at the way you guys treat star athletes, you were never happy with McNabb even though he took you to the playoffs essentially every year. Philadelphia will always be a second class sports city. Why wouldn't traditional sixer fans be there during a Laker game, if I was a sixers fan its one of the few games I'd actually go pay to see. Are you essentially agreeing with Jimmy Rollins that philadelphia sports fans are front runners and the fact that you havent been good in a decade is why no traditional sixer fans go to those games? Kobe has the same mentality as the city has, hard working and tough, yet you fail to recognize that. He has the same attitude as you as well, you disrespect him he says **** you and makes you pay. That is Philly, tough and hard working and they dont give a **** about what you think. Kobe is Philly, same personality and traits, you hate him cause he's just like you...except a winner. 1 title since 83 and that's all sports, unless youre counting the Arena Bowl then its 2..

Pistol_Pete
07-01-2010, 02:50 PM
The players dividing the money between each other is a great idea. It makes sense to put together a dominant winning team. It's probably very likely that they would all hit their bonus marks and make the aforementioned $15.7MM a year. And yes, in NY they will certainly make more money from from endorsements and other opportunities. And you can bet that you'll get some veterans willing to take the minimum to play with those guys ...in NY...and bring NY a championship.

But most players don't look at it like that. Amare wants a max deal. Bosh wants a max deal. I'm pretty sure JJ wants a max deal. And they all want it guaranteed in a contract.

The potential here is enormous, much more than in Miami, or even Chicago. Yeah it could be a risk, but with three max guys, it's probably not. And taking risks is how you become truly rich and famous. Let's hope these guys see the opportunity. Honestly though the more I pay attention the more I seem to think most guys are going to sign max deals with their current teams.

Open your eyes guys. Come to NY and be part of a team. Build a dynasty. Rule the basketball world on the biggest stage in the world.

NYtilIdie
07-01-2010, 02:51 PM
The 4 star plan is Not.....Going....To.....Happen... why does anyone think that 4 max contract players will take less than half to play with each other, I'm all for realistic possibilities but Walsh must be on something to think that he will get these 4 on the same team

CLICK ME!!!! (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sarcasm)

Pistol_Pete
07-01-2010, 02:55 PM
This is a joke. No nba player in their prime will take less money to win championships! Only star players who have been in the league for 10+ years and full bank accounts would even consider something so stupid.

This is exactly the type of thinking that dooms players. Let's say Amare Stoudemire signs with Phoenix for $17MM. Maybe he'll get $3MM in endorsements, and it's very likely he won't win a championship there. If he took say $12MM in NY, he could probably make $8-$10MM in endorsements. So now his salary is the same as it would have been in Phoenix, maybe more, he's more well known, and has a better shot at a championship.

LeBron does okay in Cleveland, but he'd do better in NY marketing wise. Amare, JJ, Bosh, they are would certainly make less money via endorsements by staying with their current teams.

You take a little less upfront and get much more on the end. It's business.

Draco
07-01-2010, 03:34 PM

Sources have told SAS that Walsh expects the swagger permeating from Prokhorov's mural outside MSG to trickle into contract discussions. It might be a long shot but everything now depends on Prokorhov's ability to persuade the best of the best... even if indirectly

KingOf215
07-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Yeah the hatred in the ASG stemmed from his comments in the 2001 finals. It's obvious where that came from. It was a year after he won a championship and did what he said he was going to do "cut their heart out." He had 0 support coming out of HS when he decided to go to the draft and all of Philly that he was too glizty and big time. His lack of support by the city made him make those comments in the finals. Why would he compliment a place that showed him 0 support? You're right you dont talk trash about your hometown no matter what. He went to Lower Merion, so that's technically not Philly. I wouldn't give my hometown the time of day if people were calling me out, telling me I'd never make it as a pro. Maybe if the city wasn't so scummy he wouldn't talk **** on them. Look at the way you guys treat star athletes, you were never happy with McNabb even though he took you to the playoffs essentially every year. Philadelphia will always be a second class sports city. Why wouldn't traditional sixer fans be there during a Laker game, if I was a sixers fan its one of the few games I'd actually go pay to see. Are you essentially agreeing with Jimmy Rollins that philadelphia sports fans are front runners and the fact that you havent been good in a decade is why no traditional sixer fans go to those games? Kobe has the same mentality as the city has, hard working and tough, yet you fail to recognize that. He has the same attitude as you as well, you disrespect him he says **** you and makes you pay. That is Philly, tough and hard working and they dont give a **** about what you think. Kobe is Philly, same personality and traits, you hate him cause he's just like you...except a winner. 1 title since 83 and that's all sports, unless youre counting the Arena Bowl then its 2..

I already told you, snitching and crapping on where you come from is not accepted in Philly. If that's cool where you are from, than that's you buddy. Here we don't have a very high view of someone like that. Those are not welcome traits in this city. There are those that live in the projects, scraping to survive whom still give props to there home town. But, hey, that's not something I expect you to understand. Lower Merion is a hop, skip and a jump from the Philly City limits. So you can't be serious in trying to make an argument that it's not really Philly? Get real. And guess what? There are gonna be front-runners in any major city period. WHen you are one of the largest and most diverse citys in the US (which Philly is), what you expect.

So if you think Philly is so scummy, why are you here for school? Most likely, your home state can't provide you with the education you need... so consider this another lesson learned in Philly. Good luck with your studies pal.

bringinwood
07-01-2010, 03:50 PM
No chance on this earth that any NBA player ( much less three ) takes less money to be on a team that has the same opportunities to win as two other teams playing the free agent field and can offer more money...

Not just that, but Miami and Chicago aren't exactly Siberia when it comes to media markets...

LeBron would still have just about any endorsement deal he chooses in the United States if he played for Miami or Chicago...

When talking about a national stage, where you play is pretty insignificant...

ragee
07-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Lebron at point, Joe at sg, Melo at sf

Not going to work...

Rocco Gandolfo
07-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Via SI.com

This is what I have been saying all along.

omdigga
07-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Not going to work...

i personally dont see it happening.. but it would definately work..

kyubi256
07-01-2010, 11:35 PM
The last part is the huge selling point here... and a damn good selling point.

But I don't get why we MUST get Joe Johnson. Why not just promise a Paul Pierce or Ray Allen (who won't cost 5 years)? They have experience winning championships already... and signing them weaken a strong Eastern Conference team.

Or why don't we promise Lebron that we'd try to sign Bosh + Amare? He'd have the best big man duo in the game... And then make a pitch for Derek Fisher or someone else to be your PG

C - Amare = Big man who can rebound and score. With Bosh = Best 4-5 in the game
PF - Bosh = Big man who can rebound and score. With Amare = Best 4-5 in the game (similar to Duncan-Robinson)
SF - Gallo = Our 3 point shooter, outside person for Lebron
SG - Lebron = The King
PG - Sign someone (Derek Fisher maybe?) = Another 3 point shooter for Lebron

And then in 2011 you can sign a Carmelo Anthony or make the finishing trade touch to get a Chris Paul/Tony Parker. That way we can have a team of

C - Amare = Big man who can rebound and score. With Bosh = Best 4-5 in the game
PF - Bosh = Big man who can rebound and score. With Amare = Best 4-5 in the game (similar to Duncan-Robinson)
SF - Gallo/Lebron/Free Agent signing
SG - Lebron/Wilson Chandler = The King
PG - Chris Paul = The best PG in the game (or Tony Parker)

ragee
07-02-2010, 07:04 AM
i personally dont see it happening.. but it would definately work..

You are going to waste Lebron's talent trying to make him run the offense... Sure, he is one hell of a player who can do almost everything but his most special skill is getting into the lanes and scoring...