PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the next "worst" contract?

WSU Tony
06-29-2010, 08:40 PM
With all of the hype about FA and the sudden value of expiring contracts in this league, who's the next player to become the most over paid player? We're about to see 8-10 (if not more) guys get max deals, who do you see as the worst contract in the league in 3 years from now?

I'm going Rudy Gay.

tangent12
06-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Future New York Knick JJ. That could turn out to be the worst deal in sports history.

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 08:45 PM
i agree...i'm goin with rudy gay...i'm a big fan of Rudy's but Minny will probably give him a max contract cause their GM is stupid...rudy isn't a a top tier free agent and he hasn't even made an all-star season yet

Pau was a better overall player than Rudy...but Rudy just like Pau aren't number one options...Pau would have never won anything if asked to lead a team and/or to become a complete player offensively and defensively...and neither will Rudy....great number 2 options...bad number 1 option...and most definitely nowhere being worth a max contract

WSU Tony
06-29-2010, 08:47 PM
i agree...i'm goin with rudy gay...i'm a big fan of Rudy's but Minny will probably give him a max contract cause their GM is stupid...rudy isn't a a top tier free agent and he hasn't even made an all-star season yet

Pau was a better overall player than Rudy...but Rudy just like Pau aren't number one options...Pau would have never won anything if asked to lead a team and/or to become a complete player offensively and defensively...and neither will Rudy....great number 2 options...bad number 1 option...and most definitely nowhere being worth a max contract

Name a bad move o misinformed-one.

Bubba17
Carlos Boozer.

beasted86
John Salmons.

He will get overpaid, and the owner will regret it. Maybe not max, but Ben Gordon money.

Kakaroach
Its gotta be Carlos Boozer or Joe Johnson. Both of them are gonna get near maxes/maxes and are not deserving.

29$JerZ
06-29-2010, 08:48 PM
David Lee or Carlos Boozer

I expect both to get a huge deal since the market for PF is abundant and most of the FA teams need a PF.

rhino17
Chris Bosh, anyone who signs him to a ma deal will be very sorry

Gators123
Joe Johnson

Chives
06-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Carlos Boozer is a double-double machine. He could get overpaid, but he won't be a bust as someone's second or third option. He could end up in Miami (he has a home there), and would be a very good option downlow for the Heat.

I also think Rudy Gay is a very good player in the league, but I think Minnesota is making a mistake trying to land him. They just got Wesley Johnson in the draft, and now they want a proven three in the NBA? If they were going to spend that money on Gay, they should have drafted a center with the fourth pick.

I would say John Salmons.

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Bosh deserves to get paid, but big men are more susceptible to injuries...so im going to say bosh, and amare.

either NYK, CHI or Miami will miss on the top guys and will be forced to look at the second tier. I think a lot of these second tier guys will be over payed. JJ, Rudy Gay, Salmons etc.

avrpatsfan
06-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Rudy Gay?? No way.

Heater4life
06-29-2010, 09:03 PM

Lebron James. By far.........:facepalm:

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Carlos Boozer is a double-double machine. He could get overpaid, but he won't be a bust as someone's second or third option. He could end up in Miami (he has a home there), and would be a very good option downlow for the Heat.

I also think Rudy Gay is a very good player in the league, but I think Minnesota is making a mistake trying to land him. They just got Wesley Johnson in the draft, and now they want a proven three in the NBA? If they were going to spend that money on Gay, they should have drafted a center with the fourth pick.

I dont think you can base your draft on free agent speculation...The Wolves probably drafted wes knowing that they would try to sign Rudy, but even if they offer Rudy, what's the chance he signs? 20%? thats not enough to gamble a draft on.

WSU Tony
06-29-2010, 09:04 PM
last years draft

giving my grizzlies Mayo for weak as Love

are you serious? I'm a grizzlies fan so i recognize bad player management...and Minny is even worse

ANDs if our managent were smart, they would have taken Minny up on the offer for the 16th pick for the Grizzlies 25th and 28th...so Minny and Grizzlies are like Dumb and Dumber...Minny is Dumber..lol

The draft you took Thabeet?

The year before when we gave you Jarics terrible contract (which you still owe 7M) and a chucker (Mayo is far from efficient per 36 mayo scores 16 pts, 3 rebounds, and 3 assits at a 45% and 38% clip. Love, on the other hand per 36 goes for 17 pts, 14 reb, and 3 assits at a 45% and 33% clip.) If your looking for a chucker who isn't efficent but puts up enough shots scores points, Mayo is the guy. If your looking for a PF who scores efficiently, is the best young rebounder in the league (#1 offensive rebounder in the league and #6 defensive rebounder) then Love is your guy.

Oh, and you traded Pau for, well, assets worth much less than Pau.

Now, back up your opinions with stats or I'll smack that weak shot out of here, again.

NBAfan4life
06-29-2010, 09:05 PM

MN does not have max money to offer a FA they also want to keep Darko so if we get rudy it wont be max money.

Stoudemire will be the most regretted. His max deal is potentially higher than those younger guys.. 6 years 130.3 million reasons why his contract will be the worst

WSU Tony
06-29-2010, 09:06 PM

Do you buy a car because you have received a job interview?

Iceman05
06-29-2010, 09:06 PM
My initial guess would be Boozer simply because of his injury proneness. He has missed more than half the season Twice since being in Utah.

My next guess would be Amare for the same reason. Hes constantly had knee problems, and if not that, its always something else. Plus if he leaves Pheonix, its bound to happen. Players seem to revive their career in Phenix (Shaq, G Hill) after years of injuries. Must be something in the water.......

Raidaz4Life
06-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Honestly... I think it will be Joe Johnson

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 09:08 PM
oh yeah...Darko...yall wanna resign him...didn't yall learn from thwe grizzlies (and 3 other teams)...Darko sucks...another examply of Minnesota management being a joke...Memphis mgmt is not great either...but Minny takes the cake

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 09:10 PM

ummm.... no one is going to offer rudy a max

MaHaRaJaH
06-29-2010, 09:11 PM
David Lee or Carlos Boozer

I expect both to get a huge deal since the market for PF is abundant and most of the FA teams need a PF.

Definitely agreed, Lee doesn't score a lot when he's not primary option.

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 09:12 PM
oh yeah...Darko...yall wanna resign him...didn't yall learn from thwe grizzlies (and 3 other teams)...Darko sucks...another examply of Minnesota management being a joke...Memphis mgmt is not great either...but Minny takes the cake

did you watch darko play with the wolves? he actually got playing time and excelled...he didnt get opportunity anywhere else. stop talking yourself into a corner kid

Mudvayne91
06-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Amare

CP3 The Great
06-29-2010, 09:13 PM

haha have you seen minnesota as of late? and they have the phenom in spain waiting in the wings. (which was a great decision) this GM seems to be on to something pretty good if you ask me.

RocketsDWM
06-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Let's just agree that Minny and Memphis have ineptitude running amuck in their organization. The hijacking of Pau Gasol (sorry, meant to write "trade") was inexcusable and the drafting of Flynn when Minny already had Rubio was stupidity to the greatest degree. I don't want Kahn or Wallace in the room when constructing a roster.

sunnydayin'zona
06-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Do you buy a car because you have received a job interview?

do you go and buy three ducati's in a week and spend all your money? after already buying two dirtbikes' in 5 minutes last year? all of this while you still need a daily driver?

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Let's just agree that Minny and Memphis have ineptitude running amuck in their organization. The hijacking of Pau Gasol (sorry, meant to write "trade") was inexcusable and the drafting of Flynn when Minny already had Rubio was stupidity to the greatest degree. I don't want Kahn or Wallace in the room when constructing a roster.

man...look at reality and see how it was a good move to draft flynn after rubio.
Rubio was drafted cause he was the best player available...but Kahn knew about the buyout and was worried it would be a problem, so he drafted Flynn as insurance. Rubio's buyout became a problem, thank god the wolves drafted flynn

RocketsDWM
06-29-2010, 09:18 PM
As to the OP, I would say A'mare represents the greatest risk. His past surgeries and lack of defensive energy (despite possessing the talent to be a defensive stopper) is a red flag. I wouldn't pin my hopes on him completing a five year deal without significant time missed.

NBAfan4life
06-29-2010, 09:20 PM
I think Darko in Mn makes sense because were a small market and are just looking for a big. Were not looking for a second overall draft pick in one of the greatest drafts possibly ever but for sure since the 80's.

sunnydayin'zona
06-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Amare

if he gets a 6 year max deal and has to have knee surgery again(soonish) in that time, yes.

BkOriginalOne
06-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Rudy Gay is going to be the most overpaid of the bunch, so in that sense he might get an inflated deal.
He's probably worth 10 mil per, but teams will throw 13-14 to flatter him.

WSU Tony
06-29-2010, 09:22 PM

Care to comment about my post including statistics and facts?

Ah, nah, your better with the "because I think so" arguments.

jtrinaldi
06-29-2010, 09:25 PM
gotta be John Salmons.

D-Block21-Chito
06-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Honestly... I think it will be Joe Johnson

I agree 110% and I'm scared to death bulls sign this total douche bag. SO SO over rated. Leader of his team last year? He was the worst looking allstar in the playoffs! I'd rather get ben gordan back before signing this DUD!

Kakaroach
06-29-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm surprised at all of the John Salmons posts. Guy is not gonna be a max but yet he's a very good wing. :shrug:

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 09:28 PM
I'm surprised at all of the John Salmons posts. Guy is not gonna be a max but yet he's a very good wing. :shrug:

no doubt salmons is a good player, but some team who misses out on the top guys is going to have a lot of cash, and could very well end up overpaying someone like salmons

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 09:30 PM
The draft you took Thabeet?

The year before when we gave you Jarics terrible contract (which you still owe 7M) and a chucker (Mayo is far from efficient per 36 mayo scores 16 pts, 3 rebounds, and 3 assits at a 45% and 38% clip. Love, on the other hand per 36 goes for 17 pts, 14 reb, and 3 assits at a 45% and 33% clip.) If your looking for a chucker who isn't efficent but puts up enough shots scores points, Mayo is the guy. If your looking for a PF who scores efficiently, is the best young rebounder in the league (#1 offensive rebounder in the league and #6 defensive rebounder) then Love is your guy.

Oh, and you traded Pau for, well, assets worth much less than Pau.

Now, back up your opinions with stats or I'll smack that weak shot out of here, again.
the ONLY stat you need is the win lose record

sad when people can't admit when they're team's management makes horrible decisions at times...I love my grizz but Hiesley makes horrible decisions sometimes...and yall current and former GM also makes horrible decisions

you're making an argument about Minny's mgmt is better than Grizz management...i'm saying they both suck...but minny's a lil worse

but i'd like you to admit that Minny's management makes horrible decisions also...can you be a man and admit you're wrong sometimes

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 09:35 PM

sad when people can't admit when they're team's management makes horrible decisions at times...I love my grizz but Hiesley makes horrible decisions sometimes...and yall current and former GM also makes horrible decisions

you're making an argument about Minny's mgmt is better than Grizz management...i'm saying they both suck...but minny's a lil worse

but i'd like you to admit that Minny's management makes horrible decisions also...can you be a man and admit you're wrong sometimes

Kahn has been rebuilding...he has had one season, and in one season, he has taken a team over the
cap to being 15 under it. He has taken a team that looked like this

Telfair / Bobby Brown
Foye / Miller
Gomes / Carney
Jefferson / Craig Smith
Love / Madsen

and turned it into

Rubio / Flynn
Webster / Brewer
Wes Johnson / Brewer
Jefferson / Love
Darko / Love

literally every position has been upgraded

He has done that in a year, i find that very impressive

One more thing, the only stat you need is not win / lose, a GM can inherit an awful team, which isnt his fault, it takes awhile to turn things around...Part of turning a losing franchise into a winning franchise is enduring change for the better and accepting losses from it.

WSU Tony
06-29-2010, 09:37 PM

Your saying the only way to grade David Kahn after a mere 18 months of being a GM is his W/L record? Do you understand how insane that sounds.

I don't mean to be rude but that argument is idiotic.

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 09:38 PM
extremely idiotic

WSU Tony
06-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Then again you can't argue a point like that with statistics, which is why you made it in the first place. lol.

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Your saying the only way to grade David Kahn after a mere 18 months of being a GM is his W/L record? Do you understand how insane that sounds.

I don't mean to be rude but that argument is idiotic.

yes...don't people grade Obama..he's been there about the same time as kahn

i ONLY grade him for his draft day dealing...and drafting ANY player with a lottery pick that went back overseas as he said he would is stupid

as for all those rubio scenarios....RUBIO ISN'T PLAYING NEXT YEAR...or ever in minnesota

Jays Claw
06-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Chris Bosh and Amare Stoudemire will be paid like no tomorrow. First of all, neither deserve a max contract and secondly, they're injury prone.

Chris Bosh: Are you joking? He doesn't deserve a max contract and shouldn't be given one. In my opinion, he's a carbon copy of Pau Gasol in Memphis. A good first option but a better second option.

Amare Stoudemire: Is in need of a terrific passing point guard. Would fit well in Chicago as they have Derrick Rose. However, I still think he's not worthy of a max contract.

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 09:56 PM

i ONLY grade him for his draft day dealing...and drafting ANY player with a lottery pick that went back overseas as he said he would is stupid

as for all those rubio scenarios....RUBIO ISN'T PLAYING NEXT YEAR...or ever in minnesota

first off, comparing a GM to a president isnt really a good argument

second off...you dont only grade him for his draft day dealing...in fact you dont grade him for that at all, you said the only stat that matters is win / lose

Third of all...Rubio will play here next year. Can you give me any concrete evidence that proves otherwise? I can give you concrete evidence he will play here...The Wolves own his rights meaning he cannot play in the NBA unless it is with the wolves or the wolves trade him...the wolves love him, so they will not trade him...Rubio has also said himself that the team who drafted him (minnesota) remains his #1 option to play for

Kakaroach
06-29-2010, 09:57 PM
no doubt salmons is a good player, but some team who misses out on the top guys is going to have a lot of cash, and could very well end up overpaying someone like salmons Still, he isn't gonna get paid like a max guy, I'm guessing tops he goes for 10mill. Sure thats overpaying, but not half as bad as giving a near max to Carlos Boozer.

WSU Tony
06-29-2010, 09:58 PM

I'm sorry you feel like you know the Wolves better than you do. At some point you have to be wise enough to know that you don't know everything about every subject.

I won't argue the Griz outside of what I know. You, on the other hand, will argue topics you think you know about even if you don't.

WSU Tony
06-29-2010, 09:59 PM
I'd be thrilled if the Wolves got their hands on Salmons. That would be awesome in my mind.

But Minnesota isn't Chicago, NY, or Miami... lol.

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 10:03 PM
first off, comparing a GM to a president isnt really a good argument

second off...you dont only grade him for his draft day dealing...in fact you dont grade him for that at all, you said the only stat that matters is win / lose

Third of all...Rubio will play here next year. Can you give me any concrete evidence that proves otherwise? I can give you concrete evidence he will play here...The Wolves own his rights meaning he cannot play in the NBA unless it is with the wolves or the wolves trade him...the wolves love him, so they will not trade him...Rubio has also said himself that the team who drafted him (minnesota) remains his #1 option to play for

can u find me evidence that he'll play in minny next year...or ever

and you're right...i can't only judge a team by win-lose record...but i still think drafting all those point guards last year and this year,drafting all those SFs and then think yall will get Rudy Gay is ridiculous

i really wish the grizzlies would have jumped at that draft day trade offer

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm sorry you feel like you know the Wolves better than you do. At some point you have to be wise enough to know that you don't know everything about every subject.

I won't argue the Griz outside of what I know. You, on the other hand, will argue topics you think you know about even if you don't.

first of all, i don't argue...i'm on a stupid message board and have real problems in life making anyone's comments online irrelevant and not worth arguing...we're simply debating and educating one another

but...i did admit i was wrong for judging only by win-loss record

jim51990
06-29-2010, 10:06 PM
boozer for sure

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 10:07 PM
and yes, i don't know the daily goings ons with the Minnesota franchise...they're really not worth knowing much about...lmao

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 10:10 PM
can u find me evidence that he'll play in minny next year...or ever

and you're right...i can't only judge a team by win-lose record...but i still think drafting all those point guards last year and this year,drafting all those SFs and then think yall will get Rudy Gay is ridiculous

i really wish the grizzlies would have jumped at that draft day trade offer

kid...you just simply dont know what you are talking about

Read my previous post...I can't give facts that rubio will play here, but i can give solid evidence which is the wolves own his rights, and rubio has said himself that minnesota is his preferred choice.

Drafting two PG's isnt ridiculous when you see what the scenario was. The scenario was Rubio fell to us and was clearly the best player available...we took him knowing his buyout may be problematic...so we took flynn as insurance. And man was it good to have insurance at PG because that buyout with rubio did not work out well. Who were we supposed to select at #6? really demar derozan would have been the only reasonable option if you take into consideration your argument that it is stupid to take back to back PG's (this would include Curry and Jennings), but at the time demar was considered a reach at #6

chitown 4 life
06-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Future New York Knick JJ. That could turn out to be the worst deal in sports history.

your crazy.. ok maybe not worth a max deal but his really close...

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 10:15 PM
kid...you just simply dont know what you are talking about

Read my previous post...I can't give facts that rubio will play here, but i can give solid evidence which is the wolves own his rights, and rubio has said himself that minnesota is his preferred choice.

Drafting two PG's isnt ridiculous when you see what the scenario was. The scenario was Rubio fell to us and was clearly the best player available...we took him knowing his buyout may be problematic...so we took flynn as insurance. And man was it good to have insurance at PG because that buyout with rubio did not work out well. Who were we supposed to select at #6? really demar derozan would have been the only reasonable option if you take into consideration your argument that it is stupid to take back to back PG's (this would include Curry and Jennings), but at the time demar was considered a reach at #6

LMAO..."minnesota is his preferred choice"? riiiight....sounds like PR to me...who would honesty make minnesota their first choice...why declare for the NBA draft if you're not planning on playing for a couple years? he's overseas BECAUSE MINNESOTA DRAFTED HIM and he's scared of the cold...and boredom

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 10:16 PM
LMAO..."minnesota is his preferred choice"? riiiight....sounds like PR to me...who would honesty make minnesota their first choice...why declare for the NBA draft if you're not planning on playing for a couple years? he's overseas BECAUSE MINNESOTA DRAFTED HIM and he's scared of the cold...and boredom

once again, you dont know what you are talking about...we are done here.

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 10:20 PM

there's your quote saying he will play NEXT year...and i'm still waiting on that so called concrete evidence / wishful thinking

your next quote says "well i don't have evidence he'll play next year but...." no need to continue cause you contradicted yourself

everyone knows Minny has his draft rights...and eventually they'll have to trade those rights cause he'll never play in Minnesota

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 10:21 PM
peace out Jesus (that in itself says alot about you)...lol

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 10:21 PM

nevermind, one more point before we are done...Rubio surrounded himself by people who told him he would for sure be the #2 pick...the difference in salary between the #2 pick and the #5 pick is roughly 1.3 million per year....thats a difference of roughly $5.2 million over the course of a rookie contract. Making his buyout of 7 million much harder at #5 than it would be at #2

Hawkeye15
06-29-2010, 10:22 PM
last years draft

giving my grizzlies Mayo for weak as Love

are you serious? I'm a grizzlies fan so i recognize bad player management...and Minny is even worse

ANDs if our managent were smart, they would have taken Minny up on the offer for the 16th pick for the Grizzlies 25th and 28th...so Minny and Grizzlies are like Dumb and Dumber...Minny is Dumber..lol

how was last year's draft bad?
First off, we won the Love/Mayo trade, but that was a McHale move.

While I can appreciate your willingness to try and group in your long time GM making mistakes with our newbie, Kahn has done nothing but clear cap space, get tons of picks, and turn large expirings or deals into smaller, more flexible deals.

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 10:24 PM
there's your quote saying he will play NEXT year...and i'm still waiting on that so called concrete evidence / wishful thinking

your next quote says "well i don't have evidence he'll play next year but...." no need to continue cause you contradicted yourself

everyone knows Minny has his draft rights...and eventually they'll have to trade those rights cause he'll never play in Minnesota

lol...when did i say i dont have evidence he will play here....read kid...read.

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 10:26 PM
peace out Jesus (that in itself says alot about you)...lol

its a homage to adrian peterson, not myself.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2010, 10:29 PM

you keep speaking of the Wolves old regime man. Kahn has only been our GM for 13 months. His decisions for the most part haven't even been realized.

And no, stats tell a lot. If you need help understanding them, PM me.

bigtime1957
06-29-2010, 10:34 PM
1. Carlos Boozer

2. Chris Bosh

3. Joe Johnson

Not in that order.

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 10:35 PM
its a homage to adrian peterson, not myself.

of course it is...does AP refer to himself as Jesus?

arkanian215
06-29-2010, 10:43 PM
It's gonna be one of the bigs with a injury history. Gonna go down like Elton Brand. It's really risky to throw that kind of money at guys who don't deserve it in the first place, then top that off with an injury history.

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 10:44 PM
it's really confusing with all this cap clearing bonanza to judge trades....but google NBA draft grades from the past year...guarantee on every website Memphis has a higher grade than Minny

and a for whoever said Minny won the Mayo/Love deal? wow

MAYO

Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
08-09 MEM 82 82 38.0 0.438 0.384 0.879 0.7 3.1 3.8 3.2 1.1 0.2 2.76 2.49 18.5
09-10 MEM 82 82 38.0 0.458 0.383 0.809 0.7 3.0 3.8 3.0 1.2 0.2 2.15 2.12 17.5

Love

Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
08-09 MIN 81 37 25.3 0.459 0.105 0.789 3.4 5.7 9.1 1.0 0.4 0.6 1.46 2.53 11.1
09-10 MIN 60 22 28.6 0.450 0.330 0.815 3.8 7.2 11.0 2.3 0.7 0.4 1.95 2.27 14.0

there's some stats for you since common sense aint workin

you realize the trade wasnt love for mayo strait up right? You guys are still paying marco Jaric 7.6 million which makes him your second highest paid player on the team. The wolves aquired Mike Miller and picked up two expirings in place of Jaric contract

Kevin Love, Mike Miller, 8 million expiring is better than

Mayo and having to pay Jaric 7.6 million. Since Jaric doesnt even really play for you guys, you are basically paying 13 million for OJ Mayo

xabial
06-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Amer'e History of Eye injuries and microfracture Knee Surgery. Showing no Ill effects of Microfracture surgery, but has history of injuries. Plus he doesnt play defence or Rebounds. Great Player not worth Max.

Joe Johnson- Just turned 29 today 6 yr max deal, would take him through his mid 30's. Hawks fans complain he chokes in playoffs. I predict that he will decline somewhere in his contract. Realy Good player thho.

Rudy Gay- One winning Season in Memphis/Playoffs will grossly make a sorry team over valuing him. I consider him a 'David Lee' Type of player with Better Defense.

David Lee- Averaged 20/11 on the Season. Poor Defensively, and never played in a winning Season with NY. Prediction- Slightly Above Charlie V. Type Contract and he'll play like Charlie V.
Good Player but this is the definition of a Stat filler.

I hope if My knicks sign Amer'e/ Joe Johnson we dont turn out to be this years pistons. (No offense Pistons Fans).

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 10:51 PM
see there...you're right...i still would take the Mayo trade...but since Jaric was part of the deal, it isn't so lopsided

see there...i can admit i'm not always right

what about u...i quoted you and still denied what you said earlier...anyways...i'm entertained enough for tonight

i do not deny anything i said...you claimed i said i dont have evidence that rubio will play here next year, which i didnt say

mavwar53
06-29-2010, 10:52 PM
Any one NY signs, its inevitable. I think it will be Joe Johnson and if david lee signs with a team not names the warriors knicks or suns he will be a terrible contract too.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2010, 10:53 PM
and yes, i don't know the daily goings ons with the Minnesota franchise...they're really not worth knowing much about...lmao

then why are you debating something you are not familiar with? You will learn on this board, that if you don't back up what you say, your respect level is not going to be there.

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 10:58 PM
Don't forget the trade of Martel Webster for Ryan Gomes and Babbit. That was one terrible trade.

yup god awful trade...wolves trade a bench player who was released and a middle round draft talent for a starting SG...god awful, awful trade

loufor2
06-29-2010, 10:59 PM
you have absolutely no understanding of statistics, do you? Love blows Mayo out of the water efficiency wise.

Love is a big man and Mayo is a shooting guard. Quite an absurd comparison when comparing efficiency...
I think at this point Mayo's value around the league is higher than Loves.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Don't forget the trade of Martel Webster for Ryan Gomes and Babbit. That was one terrible trade.

well, since Gomes was cut and is unemployed, and Babbit is a #16 pick, where trends show they are out of the league within 5 years, and Webster is 23 with defense and shooting ability, yes, you are right, the trade was bad. But not from the Wolves perspective

D-Block21-Chito
06-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Loufor2,

Turner will get ROY in my opinion! That kid has skills! Give him minutes thats all you need to do....

ldc62
06-29-2010, 11:00 PM

Yeah Im sure Miami will just be crying after getting Lebron and Bosh. :rolleyes:

maddBat
06-29-2010, 11:01 PM
yao ming.

ldc62
06-29-2010, 11:01 PM
yao ming.

Hes not opting out...

Hawkeye15
06-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Love is a big man and Mayo is a shooting guard. Quite an absurd comparison when comparing efficiency...
I think at this point Mayo's value around the league is higher than Loves.

explain how. I will take a player who has already shown the elite, and I mean elite, ability to rebound and to get 15 ppg in limited minutes with no usage, while creating 3 extra possessions a game for his team with offensive rebounding, while being able to trigger a break with the flick of a wrist. 17/5 SG's with minimal efficiency are a dime a dozen.
Now, add in the particulars of the trade, and Memphis got killed on it. Mike Miller became half the equation for Rubio.

Anything else?

loufor2
06-29-2010, 11:03 PM
yup god awful trade...wolves trade a bench player who was released and a middle round draft talent for a starting SG...god awful, awful trade

the part in bold was on point. Gomes was a much more accomplished player than Webster. He will quickly be picked. Webster has been a huge underachiever. He has been in the league 4 years and hasn't proven much. Until he proves himself, it is a bad trade. You consider him a starting SG? Babbit is a talented player and many experts thought he could land in the top 10.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2010, 11:03 PM
we need to have statistics 101 on PSD with all the newbies joining

Hawkeye15
06-29-2010, 11:04 PM
the part in bold was on point. Gomes was a much more accomplished player than Webster. He will quickly be picked. Webster has been a huge underachiever. He has been in the league 4 years and hasn't proven much. Until he proves himself, it is a bad trade. You consider him a starting SG? Babbit is a talented player and many experts thought he could land in the top 10.

Gomes has been horrible for 2 years. Great community guy. Great locker room guy. But not so great on the floor.

Hawkeye15
06-29-2010, 11:05 PM
for the thread, it depends on where said player goes.

td0tsfinest
06-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Boozer or David Lee. I think both are going to get deals that exceed their expectations.

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 11:07 PM

webster has not been given an opportunity yet...Brandon fricken Roy deservedly trampled those opportunities.

loufor2
06-29-2010, 11:08 PM
explain how. I will take a player who has already shown the elite, and I mean elite, ability to rebound and to get 15 ppg in limited minutes with no usage, while creating 3 extra possessions a game for his team with offensive rebounding, while being able to trigger a break with the flick of a wrist. 17/5 SG's with minimal efficiency are a dime a dozen.
Now, add in the particulars of the trade, and Memphis got killed on it. Mike Miller became half the equation for Rubio.

Anything else?

It's funny how the stats become a lot closer than they actually are?

How did the Mike Miller trade involve memphis?

The point is I don't feel the need to argue with you, you seem very steadfast and unwilling to change your opinion. You act snobbish in attempting to depend your points.

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 11:10 PM
then why are you debating something you are not familiar with? You will learn on this board, that if you don't back up what you say, your respect level is not going to be there.

i don't know you dude...your respect is not needed

good night

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 11:11 PM
It's funny how the stats become a lot closer than they actually are?

How did the Mike Miller trade involve memphis?

The point is I don't feel the need to argue with you, you seem very steadfast and unwilling to change your opinion. You act snobbish in attempting to depend your points.

Mike Miller trade involved Memphis because Memphis traded him in part of the Love / Mayo deal

loufor2
06-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Loufor2,

Turner will get ROY in my opinion! That kid has skills! Give him minutes thats all you need to do....

haha yeah, I'm excited for E.T.

(thankyou god)

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 11:15 PM

Anything else?

yes...mike miller sucked...very one dimensional (3 pt specialist)

love will suck too

i don't wanna bring up a stereotype...but we know love's story will turn out like the rest

did you use the word "elite" to describe Love...OMG

you're so entertaining

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 11:17 PM
he said his ability to rebound is elite...much different than calling the player elite

loufor2
06-29-2010, 11:18 PM
Mike Miller trade involved Memphis because Memphis traded him in part of the Love / Mayo deal

haha, there are so many links here...I wouldn't say that was the "main reason" you guys ended up with Rubio. w.e ....

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 11:19 PM
haha, there are so many links here...I wouldn't say that was the "main reason" you guys ended up with Rubio. w.e ....

he was half the trade, so he was half the reason, which is what hawkeye said

Foye and Miller for #5...#5 became rubio

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 11:20 PM
:(
we need to have statistics 101 on PSD with all the newbies joining

i have an accounting degree and have taken several stats classes...i could stat you til the hells freezes over....but when it comes to the Wolves, only common sense it needed....but obviously you're biased for your home team..as am I...but i already know you're the kinda person that never admits he's wrong or could even possible be wrong..and will keep on arguing and arguing...like i said, you're entertaining so keep it up

i may be a newb on this board, but you're a newb in basketball

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 11:22 PM
he said his ability to rebound is elite...much different than calling the player elite

he isn't ELITE in anything...i'm not saying he's a bad player but come on...ELITE?

PurpleJesus
elite rebounder yes...absolutely

loufor2
webster has not been given an opportunity yet...Brandon fricken Roy deservedly trampled those opportunities.

40% career fg %. He has gotten solid minutes. Did you ever think he wasn't suited for a bigger role than he received. Not to mention, he doesn't do much else besides score.

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Love will be the next Christian Lattner...didnt' the Wolves draft him also...LMAO

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 11:25 PM
40% career fg %. He has gotten solid minutes. Did you ever think he wasn't suited for a bigger role than he received. Not to mention, he doesn't do much else besides score.

on top of scoring he is considered a good perimeter defender, and a good rebounder

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 11:26 PM
Love will be the next Christian Lattner...didnt' the Wolves draft him also...LMAO

other than being drafted by the wolves, Love and Laettner have almost nothing in common.

loufor2
06-29-2010, 11:26 PM
he was half the trade, so he was half the reason, which is what hawkeye said

Foye and Miller for #5...#5 became rubio

Miller has just been a mediocre player for the last several years in the NBA. The trade would have still went through if you placed another bimbo of Mike Millers skill in his place.

loufor2
06-29-2010, 11:27 PM
on top of scoring he is considered a good perimeter defender, and a good rebounder

"Statistics" don't really say so.

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 11:28 PM
other than being drafted by the wolves, Love and Laettner have almost nothing in common.

but what they do have in common is their both pretty boys that received too much attention in college only to realize they're just average at best when it comes to the big leaque...and Minnesota took them both in the draft

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Miller has just been a mediocre player for the last several years in the NBA. The trade would have still went through if you placed another bimbo of Mike Millers skill in his place.

I think one of the main reasons washington wanted miller in the deal was because he was 9 million expiring, and was also ready to contribute right away, which at the time washington wanted because they thought they were going to be contenders. I dont think there really was anyone else we could have thrown in in Millers place.

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 11:30 PM
"Statistics" don't really say so.

you're right...stats don't back them up (i even found their career stats since they stats guys and they just ignored)...and i've never heard anyone talk about love since he entered the league...cause nothing he's done has been worth knowing so far

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 11:30 PM
but what they do have in common is their both pretty boys that received too much attention in college only to realize they're just average at best when it comes to the big leaque...and Minnesota took them both in the draft

14 and 11 is better than average for a 20 year old in my opinion...you dont have to go into Minnesota's draft history...I understand its ugly, but love is a good player. And I just want to make sure that you know memphis drafted thabeet #2

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 11:33 PM
you're right...stats don't back them up (i even found their career stats since they stats guys and they just ignored)...and i've never heard anyone talk about love since he entered the league...cause nothing he's done has been worth knowing so far

he's talking about webster, not love...love is a great rebounder

loufor2
06-29-2010, 11:35 PM
14 and 11 is better than average for a 20 year old in my opinion...you dont have to go into Minnesota's draft history...I understand its ugly, but love is a good player. And I just want to make sure that you know memphis drafted thabeet #2

Hypocrite?

14 and 11 is very solid. But also, you must take into consideration that he was playing on a 15 win team and Mayo was on a legitimate team.

Bryrob58
06-29-2010, 11:38 PM
:(

i have an accounting degree and have taken several stats classes...i could stat you til the hells freezes over....but when it comes to the Wolves, only common sense it needed....but obviously you're biased for your home team..as am I...but i already know you're the kinda person that never admits he's wrong or could even possible be wrong..and will keep on arguing and arguing...like i said, you're entertaining so keep it up

i may be a newb on this board, but you're a newb in basketball

:clap:

I don't mean to sound like an *** but I feel the same way.

PurpleJesus
Hypocrite?

14 and 11 is very solid. But also, you must take into consideration that he was playing on a 15 win team and Mayo was on a legitimate team.

nah, pointing out his hypocrisy...he was ripping drafting laetner in 1992 for some reason...

but if you have to take into consideration Mayo playing on a better team, then you also have to take into consideration Mayo played 38 mpg, while Love played 29mpg

magichatnumber9
Paul Pierce

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 11:39 PM
considering the talent level in Memphis and Minnesota...Love had way more opportunity...cause the rest of the team was lame...if i played for Minny, i would shoot 30 shots a game.....Mayo always defered to Gay and team ball and only shot when open

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 11:40 PM
we should have started a MAYO - LOVE thread

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 11:41 PM
:clap:

I don't mean to sound like an *** but I feel the same way.

high five :)

PurpleJesus
06-29-2010, 11:44 PM
considering the talent level in Memphis and Minnesota...Love had way more opportunity...cause the rest of the team was lame...if i played for Minny, i would shoot 30 shots a game.....Mayo always defered to Gay and team ball and only shot when open

Love didnt shoot it 30 times per game though...Love often deferred to Jefferson or Brewer. If you look at the efficiencies you see that Love was the better player. I take 14 and 11 in 29 mpg over 17.5 and 3 in 38 minutes per game.

Loves numbers projected to 36 minutes per game are 18 and 14. If the wolves find a way to trade Jefferson, that will free up more minutes for Love, and you will see him put up monster numbers...as if 14 and 11 werent already monstrous enough

PurpleJesus
we should have started a MAYO - LOVE thread

lol, probably

Grizz/Cowboys09
anyways, enough...DEBATE.....i joined this board over a year ago and I am a big fan...today was my first conversation with anyone and it was entertaining...hope i didn't anger any of you knowledgable "veterans".....when it all boils down, words are cheap...i'm a very honorable person (in my actions in real life)...but i'm a sh-ttalker like no other

peace out homeys

Bryrob58
06-29-2010, 11:48 PM
high five :)

Ehhhh Hawkeye knows his stuff, its just that he gets into an argument with a guy he considers a "newbie", and acts like he is superior ,, And he ends up saying that the "newbie" wont be around long if they don't argue in an appropriate way. I would bet that he has said this in the middle of this thread but I'm too lazy to search for it. I'm just confused why he thinks that he can shoot people down no problem, and were supposed to agree and have nothing to say back. I don't feel good about saying any of this though.

Allstar21
06-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Stephen colbert is gonna be signed by the knicks for the max

fadedmario
06-29-2010, 11:57 PM
Carlos Boozer and Joe Johnson for sure

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-30-2010, 12:31 AM
Ehhhh Hawkeye knows his stuff, its just that he gets into an argument with a guy he considers a "newbie", and acts like he is superior ,, And he ends up saying that the "newbie" wont be around long if they don't argue in an appropriate way. I would bet that he has said this in the middle of this thread but I'm too lazy to search for it. I'm just confused why he thinks that he can shoot people down no problem, and were supposed to agree and have nothing to say back. I don't feel good about saying any of this though.

first of all, why argue...is it really that important to prove your point to someone you dont' know...oh i know he's knowledgable..so am I...i'm only a newb cause i haven't really posted the entire first year i was a member

and yes, he said "if you don't follow your points with vaild statistical data, then people won't respect you"...lmao..oh no, my life will end...i'm an acountant and i deal with stats all day and don't feel the need to prove my opinion to yall (with detailed statistical analysis) than just gettin to know yall

so when i said I like "egging people on" as in spirited sport talk amongst friends/family (cause i was feeling great about finally conversating wtih you guys.....some broncos mod sent me an infractionl for saying "i like eggin peopel on"...since when is "egging people on" and degrading/insulting people the same thing?...i thought eggin people on was normal in sports

Your team sucks.......NO YOUR TEAM SUCKS...then we laugh cause it's all in good fun

isnt' it? lol

so if i never post again, i was banned...even tho i've been reading this site for well over a year and I know what i said was harmless but i forget how sensitive some peopel on...it's been a great night talking to you guys

http://www.helpforyourdepression.com/images/stinking-thinking-depression-help-thoughts1.jpg

Hawkeye15
06-30-2010, 12:45 AM

well, when dealing with someone who openly admits he doesn't pay attention to a certain team, and the continues to argue without making a single rational post except to tell us all goodnight every other post, I will show a bit of confidence.

You were arguing me the other day that if Wes Johnson is a 21/8 player, he isn't an all star. When I said that this prior season, a SF who produces those numbers was an all star. And we didn't agree. Because I don't agree with you on a private forum, you call me out. I have no problem with that at all. But I am confident in my ability to respond to any PSD poster with rational

Peace