PDA

View Full Version : July 1st. is almost upon us!

liltedspop
06-29-2010, 04:20 PM
I might be interested in taking a look at Mike Modano, Kyle Wellwood, Matt Lombardi & Colby Armstrong not them all but all are good character guys & I cant see any of them being bank breakers. On the blue line Andy Sutton or Zybnek Michalek & thats really all that I find interesting in this ufa class.

rangerzfan4evr
06-29-2010, 05:10 PM
The major thing is for Sather not to do anything huge in terms of signing. We have enough handcuffing contracts and we have all these young kids that will be good players for us in the near future. We need to make a few minors signings, like Michalek, and then hold tight and prepare for the season.

mmmrevolver93
06-29-2010, 05:13 PM
i Think trades are the way to go this year.

thegame248
06-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Would you rather the Rangers resign Shelley for $1 mil, or would you rather them sign Derek Boogaard for $1 mil? If i had to choose, Id pick Boogaard. Id love to see the battles between him and Pronger. Boogaard is also 7 years younger than Shelley. I know the Rangers are probably not going to sign either, Im just asking Rangers fans if they had to choose one, who would they choose?

mmmrevolver93
06-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Would you rather the Rangers resign Shelley for $1 mil, or would you rather them sign Derek Boogaard for $1 mil? If i had to choose, Id pick Boogaard. Id love to see the battles between him and Pronger. Boogaard is also 7 years younger than Shelley. I know the Rangers are probably not going to sign either, Im just asking Rangers fans if they had to choose one, who would they choose?

I see what you are saying but i still want shelly. One of the main reasons he would be resigned is that he gels with the team and is a good piece in the locker room, id rather go with a guy that i know will work in the locker room than i guy that i dont know.

Isca92
06-29-2010, 06:05 PM
AA should not be stuck on the 4th line so there goes the gel of that line anyway. I like Shelly and Prust, but I don't expect them to have the season ending they did for the whole season. I don't think we need 2 fighters resign Prust, and save the rest of the money towards one of the other holes.

redwhiteandblue
06-29-2010, 06:53 PM

I actually really like Boogaard as a fourth line guy. Haven't seen him play a lot the last year, but I know he's a big enforcing body who makes you think twice when you play his team. Check out some of the dudes fights on youtube.

dashripdot
06-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Modano's too old. Armstrong will be a Penguin if Crosby has any pull (as I understand it, he has more pull than the elastic in a fat lady's underwear), although the Pens need to sign a couple of defensemen and don't have a lot of cap space. Sather should sign a couple of hardnosed defensemen, but he doesn't sound like he's gonna dump Redden to free up some space. Even if he trades Rozsival, his cap savings will be all but used up by signing his replacement. Really need at least one banger on the blueline and a couple of cheap scorers up front. It doesn't look good.

Redfish
06-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Modano's too old. Armstrong will be a Penguin if Crosby has any pull (as I understand it, he has more pull than the elastic in a fat lady's underwear), although the Pens need to sign a couple of defensemen and don't have a lot of cap space. Sather should sign a couple of hardnosed defensemen, but he doesn't sound like he's gonna dump Redden to free up some space. Even if he trades Rozsival, his cap savings will be all but used up by signing his replacement. Really need at least one banger on the blueline and a couple of cheap scorers up front. It doesn't look good.

The comment in recent days by Sather that Redden "has been discussed" kind of suggests to me the notion of waiving him is a distinct possibility this pre-season. I don't think Sather would let himself be quotes on this subject unless he wanted to be quoted. Only time will tell.

Ballistik
06-30-2010, 10:46 AM
As a depth move, I really like michalek. Assuming we can dump some of the dead weight on the blue line