PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Lakers Interested in Matt Barnes

JNA17
06-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Orlando Magic starting small forward Matt Barnes' first preference as a free agent would be to try to win a title without needing to pack for another move. But if he doesn't re-sign with the Magic, Barnes said Monday that he believes there are options for him with other contenders.

Before signing with the Magic last summer, Barnes said the Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs were among the heavyweights who showed interest and he feels he's still on their lists.

"I'm out in L.A. and I've heard that the Lakers are definitely interested. But who knows?" Barnes told the Sentinel by phone from Los Angeles, where the former UCLA forward attended John Wooden's memorial service and the BET Awards and is also planning his wedding.

"I've heard a lot of rumors about a lot of things."

Barnes said he also has heard that the Magic perhaps are looking to swing a deal for a prime free agent. Shooting guard Vince Carter, reserve center Marcin Gortat and back-up small forward Mickael Pietrus have been among the names mentioned in trade scuttlebutt.

"I hope we can get all our pieces back, but you never know," Barnes said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-magic-matt-barnes-0629-20100628,0,7004216.story

LTBaByyy
06-29-2010, 04:11 PM
They just drafted ebanks???? He's like an ariza type

J4KOP99
06-29-2010, 04:13 PM
I don't like the sound of this one.

tdunk21
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500930

more discussion...he just thinks spurs, lakers and mavericks are still interested in him just because these teams expressed interest last summer....

Twolves88
He fits with the fact that the lakers are looking for more offense. I don't think hes a terrible defensive player either. He'd be a good 7th or 8th man off the bench for the lakers.

JNA17
06-29-2010, 04:15 PM
They just drafted ebanks???? He's like an ariza type

that's why I'm liking the news, we also have luke so we would have too many un needed SFs. To me Ebanks is good enough to be backup.

LTBaByyy
06-29-2010, 04:16 PM
I guess magic are not interested in giving a bigger contract?
I thought that was why he opted out?

I guess theyre moving Lewis back to SF and starting Bass at PF?

Bruno
06-29-2010, 04:22 PM
The Lakers should just sign every single player who has ever played decent defense on Bryant, its not a horrible idea. Lets sign Bell, Barnes, and trade for Shane Battier....

Russell_Roberts
06-29-2010, 04:24 PM
The mavs dont need matt barnes!! Waste of space to tell me

LTBaByyy
06-29-2010, 04:26 PM
^ who said mavs? lol

LTBaByyy
06-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Dang I just saw it, we dont need him!!! and dont want him

PHX2daDEATH
06-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Why do the lakers go after the players who arent afraid to get in Kobe's face.. first Artest.. now they're going after Bell and Barnes?

Russell_Roberts
06-29-2010, 04:29 PM
i just saw a post in this title said mavs are interested in matt barnes. we dont need nno matt barnes he can stay in orlando. WAIT A MINUTE WHO IS MATT BARNES ANYWAY!?

Russell_Roberts
06-29-2010, 04:30 PM
only thing matt barnes has can do is play aggressive ball and thats why the lakers probably want him

cheerio
06-29-2010, 04:31 PM
lakers love their aggressive players

Bruno
06-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Why do the lakers go after the players who arent afraid to get in Kobe's face.. first Artest.. now they're going after Bell and Barnes?

It's a pretty good strategy, don't you think?

Avenged
06-29-2010, 04:34 PM
I know he's a decent tough defender but how about his offense? I don't know much about it. The Lakers need a bench player who could generate offense, someone to spread the floor.

D Roses Bulls
06-29-2010, 04:35 PM
well laker fans will be jumping on the bandwagon again like they did with artest. they hated barn all this year, but if he signs with the lakers they will love him

Bruno
06-29-2010, 04:38 PM
well laker fans will be jumping on the bandwagon again like they did with artest. they hated barn all this year, but if he signs with the lakers they will love him

I've never understood this. No matter what a guy does is his past- when he starts strapping up and going into battle for your team with your colors, you're going to root for him. You support your team, and its players.

Laker fans were smack talking Barnes, and thats expected because he got in Kobes face a lot. If he were to use that same passion under Laker colors, how could you not become a fan of a guy who's busting his *** for your team?

The emphasis here should be less on the player as an individual, and more as a part of the team as a whole.

Gilly1254
06-29-2010, 04:39 PM
i just saw a post in this title said mavs are interested in matt barnes. we dont need nno matt barnes he can stay in orlando. WAIT A MINUTE WHO IS MATT BARNES ANYWAY!?

Just because he isnt the best scorer you make him out to be trash? Might not be that big of an offensive threat but hes a tough physical player who isnt shy on contact. IMO you need those types of players on a team to be successful. Heart and energy in a role player is good for me when hes the 5th option on the court.

Russell_Roberts
06-29-2010, 04:41 PM
like i said he is an an aggressive player. he plays good defense on the court. that is all i can give him. but on the real he does not fit on the mavs team. that is all im saying. i cant see him being on the team

Chacarron
06-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Why is it that every so-called "Kobe-stoppers" want to join Kobe. First Artest, now Raja Bell AND Matt Barnes.

Testaverde16
06-29-2010, 04:45 PM
maybe kobe respects people that stand up to him... thinks "oh yeah, that guy was a fighter - i want to go into battle with him."

as for artest, he always wanted to play with kobe, that was no secret.

Avenged
06-29-2010, 04:51 PM

Yep, don't see why you have to single out a fan base.

The majority of your fan base hated Lebron as well but now everybody up there is drooling at the thought of getting him. The 1st round in the 09-10 playoffs should serve to you as a reminder.

nanablvd
06-29-2010, 04:54 PM
this isnt even a rumor; these were merely random quotes by Barnes.

santana88
06-29-2010, 04:57 PM
The thing is la may want out of lo contract... Bad move.
If we sign fish to 3 mill for a year and go yr to yr...
Let shannon brown (if he wants to) and farmar go......
In fa
try to sign tmac to 3 million for a 2 yr contract.
Sign shawn livingston to a contract for a guy trying to prove himself.. Maybe 1.2 million a yr (vet???)
sign shaq (vet min or 2 million a yr)yes shaq, let kobe know that he will always have more rings now, shaq helped kobe win 3 so hope kobe can do the same for him.....
So you have lo, livingston, tmac and shaq coming off the bench..

If i was the lakers i would seriously consider a sign and trade 4 bynum,lo, sasha expiring contract, and farmar to the cavs for lebron....

Sahq at c
gasol pf
lebron sf
kobe sg
livingston pg

of the bench
fisher,
artest,
tmac,
2 darft pics..... That is 10 players...
The 2 others i make sure there is a 3 point threat somewhere to be picked up.....

Now that team would be unfair......

KJ21.the.truth
06-29-2010, 04:58 PM
He still called the magic players our pieces. Seems like the most important part of those quotes.

showtym24
06-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Pass

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-29-2010, 05:20 PM
that's why I'm liking the news, we also have luke so we would have too many un needed SFs. To me Ebanks is good enough to be backup.

NO, Ariza broke out after 4 years of experience

ebanks is a future project

Lakerfan In NY
06-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Why is it that every so-called "Kobe-stoppers" want to join Kobe. First Artest, now Raja Bell AND Matt Barnes.

If you can't beat him, join him :D

WITZ
06-29-2010, 05:32 PM

My thoughts exactly

8kobe24
06-29-2010, 05:33 PM
If you can't beat him, join him :D
+1:clap: