PDA

View Full Version : Lakers expected to offer Bynum and Odom for Bosh and Jarrett Jack

Avenged
06-29-2010, 11:44 AM
The Lakers also are expected to enter the picture with a bid for Bosh as it became clear in the Finals they need more scoring. And you can be sure they don’t want to see a LeBron/Bosh pairing in Chicago with Rose and Noah to go against. The Raptors would like to get something in a sign-and-trade for Bosh, but they likely won’t deal him in the East. The Lakers are expected to offer Andrew Bynum, a legitimate low post center, and Lamar Odom, and take back Jarrett Jack, whom the Raptors would like to move.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_100628.html

I think this deserves it's own thread since it's major news.

J4KOP99
06-29-2010, 11:50 AM
I really hope they don't. Even if Bosh and LeBron both go to Chicago, I still think we are better.

I do not want Bosh if it means we give up Bynum and Odom.

Lakerfrk
06-29-2010, 11:52 AM
bad trade for LA....

JCOtts
06-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Mitch was born at night, but not last night. No way he does this.

XerxestheGreat
06-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Completely against this trade...two proven contenders for a diva?!

sure we coulda used more scoring in the playoffs, but our length is what ultimately won the championship for us!

XerxestheGreat
06-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Completely against this trade...two proven contenders for a diva?!

sure we coulda used more scoring in the playoffs, but our length is what ultimately won the championship for us!

Testaverde16
06-29-2010, 12:06 PM
I get the discussion, but we are not getting enough.... i dont think they do it.

albertc86
06-29-2010, 12:10 PM
I don't think you guys are looking at the big picture; this is a good trade. Granted, we lose Bynum and Odom who have both contributed to the Lakers' success, but Bynum hasn't been fully healthy, and Odom disappears like nobody's business. What I like about this trade is, it opens up the possibilities for more moves and/or signings. One less big name translates into another savvy veteran signing with us and getting good minutes off the bench for the Lakers! What veteran wouldn't want this? Bosh would spread the floor more for Pau and draw big men away from him the same way Odom does. And I think Bosh is a little more feared than Odom, no?

lakers4sho
06-29-2010, 12:13 PM
I don't see any decent replacements for Odom in the FA market that would be willing for less than MLE salary.

I say no to this deal.

Hurricane H
06-29-2010, 12:21 PM
I don't think you guys are looking at the big picture; this is a good trade. Granted, we lose Bynum and Odom who have both contributed to the Lakers' success, but Bynum hasn't been fully healthy, and Odom disappears like nobody's business. What I like about this trade is, it opens up the possibilities for more moves and/or signings. One less big name translates into another savvy veterans signing with us and possibily moving into that starting line-up or getting good minutes off the bench. Bosh would probably become the first option when Kobe is off the floor, and he would spread the floor, allowing Pau to have more one on one's in the post. I like it.

The big picture is we lose 2 bigs for 1. Not a fair deal. Odom disappears everynow and then but he is stil better than what's out there. Bynum granted that he is always injured but if he stays healthy (big IF) he will be a great center for the team.

If you add another big body to Bosh then maybe. But straight up Bosh + 1 for Bynum and Odom, not enough.

zachattach
06-29-2010, 12:21 PM
Giving up to much! Bosh is a good player and so is Jack but Odom and Bynum are much more valuable to this team. In my mind its one or the other but not both.

just a side note we have more leverage then this in this situatuion. If Bosh walks for nothing they lose him and still have Jacks contract i think we can do better then this.

LakerfaninKY
06-29-2010, 12:27 PM
TERRIBLE IDEA! I hope that there is no truth to this. LA has won 2 titles because of their length - no other team could deal with three 7-footers. To trade 2 of them away for Bosh would be ridiculous.

albertc86
06-29-2010, 12:28 PM
The big picture is we lose 2 bigs for 1. Not a fair deal. Odom disappears everynow and then but he is stil better than what's out there. Bynum granted that he is always injured but if he stays healthy (big IF) he will be a great center for the team.

If you add another big body to Bosh then maybe. But straight up Bosh + 1 for Bynum and Odom, not enough.

That's why i said, look at the big picture. On the surface, it looks like a bad trade because the Lakers give up two bigs for one, but it opens the possibility for another signing. Think about it --- if you're a veteran chasing that elusive title, and think you can contribute greatly to a contender, but the team has essentially 5 big names on the roster already, you know your chances of contributing as much as you know you can, is going to be extremely limited. So, losing that one 'big' name will give way to the possibility of signing another well-known veteran to fill that void. Maybe the Lakers are looking to speed up the tempo or add players that are more potent scoring threats? The way I see it --- Boston probably won't be in the title picture next year and the Lakers still have Orlando's number. Not to mention, the league is going to be shaken up so much next year that other teams wouldn't have a stronger frontcourt than the Lakers if this deal went down, any way.

Furthermore, I think Mitch has something else up his sleeve. He said Bynum was untouchable so obviously he has something else planned.

shep33
06-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Makes no sense. 2 bigs for 1? Jack is a good player, but heck I'd take Blake/Ridnour in free agency who give similar production.

Mitch won't do it. He's not stupid, with this trade it makes not only our starting lineup smaller and worse defensively, but also making our bench worse.

Trading Odom is a huge mistake, he does a lot of stuff for us and he's okay with taking a bench role.

If they pull off this trade I don't know if we can three peat. Bench just got worse.

L@ker4Life
06-29-2010, 12:40 PM
Hey Albert when did Mitch say Bynum was "untouchable"?

shep33
06-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Honestly, I might be alone on this, but I think Andrew deserved to stay on this team with that gutsy performance throughout the playoffs. Guy is unselfish, a good teammate, good defender, and on one leg he cloggs us the lane.

Odom too? This is a terrible terrible idea. I think LA is looking at it in this way. The Lakers IMO aren't even going to get significantly better with this trade, heck I think we get worse, but it ensures that Bosh doesn't team up with Wade and Lebron. I dunno maybe thats their strategy? But its a terrible one IMO.

epizo1
06-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Why are people so enamored with Chris Bosh? I don't get it. The dude doesn't impress me. We solidify our bench and we're set. Let these FA's go where they will. We won with defense and we will win with defense again!

Lakerfrk
06-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Good discussions.. bad trade. remove odom from the deal and its solid.. (though id rather trade bynum for Okafor and collison)

Avenged
06-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Hey Albert when did Mitch say Bynum was "untouchable"?

I believe it was in the exit interviews in which he stated our 6 man core was untouchable (Kobe, Gasol, Artest, Fisher, Bynum, Odom).

A guy can change his mind though and if Mitch feels Bosh would help more then so be it. He's done magnificent trades and signings in the past. Although I don't agree with this trade myself, Mitch knows what he's doing.

majmarcus
06-29-2010, 12:49 PM
I get the discussion, but we are not getting enough.... i dont think they do it.

Dude, I'm with you, but I don't know if they won't. I think more so than the Lakers feeling threatened by Bosh hooking up with Wade & Lebron. I think the main things the Lakers are looking at is Bynum's lack of health and LO's overpaid inconsistency off the bench! Plus the last time a team acquired 2 other all stars besides the one they already had. Boston ended up winning the whole damn thing at the Lakers expense and The Lakers DO NOT want that to happen again! But rest assure, if the Lakers were committed to doing this deal and it went thru. They'd have 2 maybe 3 key free agent additions that they would add:

Fisher/Jack/Sasha
Kobe/Bell
Artest/T-Mac/ and/or Mike Miller
Bosh/Powell(or some other f.a. pick up
Gasol/Brendon Haywood(or vet F.a. pick up)

Now if it pans out like that. The Lakers would have far more fire power off the bench and more consistency as well. However, I'd personally like for them to hold on to Farmar! But anywho...The Lakers can't go for a 3peat hoping Bynum doesn't get hurt yet again because he's hurt way too often. They were able to get by with it this season and repeat. But The way I see it is, the Lakers probably would be going for their 4th straight if Bynum was healthy in '08. Buss & them understands their on the brink of something special. So in order to get better, we'd have to make some sacrifices as well. Am I crazy bout the deal? NO! Mainly because of Jarret Jack. I mean Mitch should atleast go after Calderon. But if Mitch can bring in said free agents...I think the Lakers would be better next season. Now it also depends on who'd be leading the team as well. If I'm not mistaken, Phil has always liked/wanted Bosh. Getting Bosh would entice Phil even more(IMO). I think I remember reading that Kobe isn't a fan of Bosh because of his perceived work ethic. So if that is the case, then Bosh is gonna have to win Kobe over. Aside from that, the Lakers could very well come out on top if this trade is made. The Raptors gets something for Bosh. Lakers obtain an all star and a pg while interrupting a major situation in Miami or wherever and still stayin ahead of the pack in their quest for a 3peat....BOOM...sleep!

Citanoxeno
06-29-2010, 12:51 PM
That's why i said, look at the big picture. On the surface, it looks like a bad trade because the Lakers give up two bigs for one, but it opens the possibility for another signing. Think about it --- if you're a veteran chasing that elusive title, and think you can contribute greatly to a contender, but the team has essentially 5 big names on the roster already, you know your chances of contributing as much as you know you can, is going to be extremely limited. So, losing that one 'big' name will give way to the possibility of signing another well-known veteran to fill that void. Maybe the Lakers are looking to speed up the tempo or add players that are more potent scoring threats? The way I see it --- Boston probably won't be in the title picture next year and the Lakers still have Orlando's number. Not to mention, the league is going to be shaken up so much next year that other teams wouldn't have a stronger frontcourt than the Lakers if this deal went down, any way.

Furthermore, I think Mitch has something else up his sleeve. He said Bynum was untouchable so obviously he has something else planned.

Sorry but that is way too much to give up. I get pissed with odom from time to time as everyone else but he still does a lot for us. when it comes to matchups, ball handling, passing, rebounding and sometimes scoring Odom can do that. Bosh is also a soft player and will be man handled in the west. We can't afford having 2 soft players and Pau is not a natural center. Bynum relieved him of the steady pounding the season does too you. What Odom and Bynum brings combine is more then what Bosh will bring. What free agents are you talking about? We are already way over the salary cap and we pretty much only need a backup or starting point guard. We won the title this year not even at full strength. We don't need drastic changes like this unless we are getting equal or greater value wich we ain't getting here. If this was for lebron then it would be no problems but this trade stinks. With Brown opting out and farmar may not be returning our bench would be to depleted. Odom is a solid sixth man or starter. We need more from this trade.

Citanoxeno
06-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Dude, I'm with you, but I don't know if they won't. I think more so than the Lakers feeling threatened by Bosh hooking up with Wade & Lebron. I think the main things the Lakers are looking at is Bynum's lack of health and LO's overpaid inconsistency off the bench! Plus the last time a team acquired 2 other all stars besides the one they already had. Boston ended up winning the whole damn thing at the Lakers expense and The Lakers DO NOT want that to happen again! But rest assure, if the Lakers were committed to doing this deal and it went thru. They'd have 2 maybe 3 key free agent additions that they would add:

Fisher/Jack/Sasha
Kobe/Bell
Artest/T-Mac/ and/or Mike Miller
Bosh/Powell(or some other f.a. pick up
Gasol/Brendon Haywood(or vet F.a. pick up)

Now if it pans out like that. The Lakers would have far more fire power off the bench and more consistency as well. However, I'd personally like for them to hold on to Farmar! But anywho...The Lakers can't go for a 3peat hoping Bynum doesn't get hurt yet again because he's hurt way too often. They were able to get by with it this season and repeat. But The way I see it is, the Lakers probably would be going for their 4th straight if Bynum was healthy in '08. Buss & them understands their on the brink of something special. So in order to get better, we'd have to make some sacrifices as well. Am I crazy bout the deal? NO! Mainly because of Jarret Jack. I mean Mitch should atleast go after Calderon. But if Mitch can bring in said free agents...I think the Lakers would be better next season. Now it also depends on who'd be leading the team as well. If I'm not mistaken, Phil has always liked/wanted Bosh. Getting Bosh would entice Phil even more(IMO). I think I remember reading that Kobe isn't a fan of Bosh because of his perceived work ethic. So if that is the case, then Bosh is gonna have to win Kobe over. Aside from that, the Lakers could very well come out on top if this trade is made. The Raptors gets something for Bosh. Lakers obtain an all star and a pg while interrupting a major situation in Miami or wherever and still stayin ahead of the pack in their quest for a 3peat....BOOM...sleep!

Your posting players as if you know for sure they are coming too the lakers? You do know we have a salary cap problem? We won the chip not even at full strength, we don't need drastic changes like this. I'm not trying to diss you but we have to remember we are already over the cap and Bosh would be getting a max contract. The cap is getting lowered this year not increasing. This is too much of a depletion of the team. Who will be our go to guy off the bench?

Lakerfan In NY
06-29-2010, 01:01 PM
I think the front office is just doing its due diligent & at the end of the day this won’t happen (I hope.) The move doesn’t make the team any better either financially or player personnel. I can eventually see LO being traded for an expiring contract or some cap relieve somewhere in the near future. Until then, LO & Bynum are main stays especially Bynum who at 65% was outstanding in the finals. That alone earned him more time in my opinion.

Lakers_ftw
06-29-2010, 01:05 PM
2 bigs for 1....Not happening. Mitch isn't stupid. Lamar and Drew for Lebron maybe...

majmarcus
06-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Your posting players as if you know for sure they are coming too the lakers? You do know we have a salary cap problem? We won the chip not even at full strength, we don't need drastic changes like this. I'm not trying to diss you but we have to remember we are already over the cap and Bosh would be getting a max contract. The cap is getting lowered this year not increasing. This is too much of a depletion of the team. Who will be our go to guy off the bench?

No Bruh,I understand what ur saying. The point I was tryin to make is Buss and Mitch knows better than this. They know what made them back II back Champs. It's extremely hard for me to believe that they'd do this deal and NOT have more to add via free agency(even with the cap situation u just mentioned. See players like Raja Bell, T-Mac, Mike Miller, etc...Knows this would be their only chance to coattail a ring. They are also aware that takin a huge paycut has to be in order. T-mac for cryin out loud hasn't even played in the 2nd rd! He and Bell both respects/favors Kobe more than anyone else. So IMO, even with the cap situation, the Lakers still has the inside track. But heck no I don't know if any of these players will sign with the Lakers. But until everything shakes out....I'm just attempting to put a positive spin on what would otherwise be a bad damn deal(IMO). But naw Fams, I don't think ur dissin me...u cool :cheers:

8kobe24
06-29-2010, 01:16 PM
No...not gonna happen. This trade does not make us a better team, besides... why would your break up a championship core for an unproven player. Bosh is a good player but a diva. The Lakers don't need that.

Mile High Champ
06-29-2010, 01:31 PM
As a raps fan, I am not even crazy about the trade. Bynum's knee scares me, its that simple. When a post player has knee or foot issues, there is serious trouble to be had. The fact that Bynum is still very young is a positive but in no way does it make his value that high considering his laundry list of injuries he has endured the past few seasons. This trade could actually be good for LA. The loss of Bynum is not really that big of a deal considering what the Lakers have done without him. With Kobe getting older, maybe getting some more offensive fire power in Bosh is not such a bad idea.

ToLiveInDieInLA
06-29-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm I the only one that saw the Lakers win back to back without Bynum? And win this yar without Odom???? Buss is I'm sure pissed he is overpaying for Bynum, Odom and Walton. I would do the deal, Bosh is better than both Odom and Bynum, they can go get a solid bigman for cheap as well. Plus Jack is a solid point guard that makes are starting 5 better and HEATHIER than last years team. Also you can have a bit more money to add bench guys like (Bell,Mcgrady,Miller,Fisher). Bosh makes our offense better, and gets more chances to make the bench deeper.

ToLiveInDieInLA
06-29-2010, 01:42 PM
No...not gonna happen. This trade does not make us a better team, besides... why would your break up a championship core for an unproven player. Bosh is a good player but a diva. The Lakers don't need that..

If Bosh is a diva what is Gasol? He is tougher than Pau. I'll take the best poward forward in the East and add him to our championship team anyday. What did Bynum do last year in the Finals? And what did Odom do any of the playoffs this year??? Bosh rocks a 20/10 with his eyes closed. This trade could happen and I hope it does.

CHAD27
06-29-2010, 01:45 PM
i don't think you guys are looking at the big picture; this is a good trade. Granted, we lose bynum and odom who have both contributed to the lakers' success, but bynum hasn't been fully healthy, and odom disappears like nobody's business. What i like about this trade is, it opens up the possibilities for more moves and/or signings. One less big name translates into another savvy veteran signing with us and getting good minutes off the bench for the lakers! What veteran wouldn't want this? Bosh would spread the floor more for pau and draw big men away from him the same way odom does. And i think bosh is a little more feared than odom, no?

totally agree! Bynum has shown his knees are bad and odom shows up every other game which is not gonna win us a third title in a row. Thats what we need to worry about at this point. Not to mention bynum and odom aren't doing us any favors with their current contracts.

aerion123
06-29-2010, 01:47 PM
I would definately consider this as long as we could sign a big in Free angency like JO, or Haywood.

Raidaz4Life
06-29-2010, 01:49 PM
I can't say I'd be completely against this, two career underachievers for a legitimate top 10 NBA player and a promising young PG.

bomber0104
06-29-2010, 01:56 PM
i was thinking mor along the lines of Bynum, Farmer or brown for Bosh, calderon.

but seriously, this isnt a bad trade. Who knows how many games Bynum plays next season. the guys is an injury waiting to happen. Odom can be the best bench player at times and disappear at others. I would rather have both giving us 2 scoring bigs that can play up to 38 mins a game.

Dont discount Jack either. He is better than anyhting we have right now

shep33
06-29-2010, 01:59 PM
I don't get this for LA. If Bosh signs a max via a sign and trade, and we give up Odom and Bynum, doesn't this make us worse off financially then if we just kept Bynum and Odom?

So then how do we sign any bench help? We'd have what Jack, Sasha, and Luke?

Still need to sign a bunch of players including 2 solid bigs, which we won't get.

To me this rumor is somewhat BS. Weren't there rumors about getting Bosh for Bynum earlier this year without giving up Odom? Why all of a sudden does LO have to be involved.

Gimme Drew and LO over Bosh anyday.

mstrdrk
06-29-2010, 02:06 PM
Having dissed on both Bynum and Odom...well I diss on every Laker that plays like **** including Kobe...I think that's too much to give up. I'm not sure I know enough about Jarrett Jack's game to say if he makes up for losing two bigs. I do want to point out a few things..

Everyone keeps saying never trade a big for a smaller player. Really? So you would not have traded Sam Bowie for Michael Jordan at the beginning of their careers?? C'mon..size is one thing. Basketball smarts, athleticism, ability, desire all factor in to who is a better player. Admittedly I don't know much about Jarrett Jack other than I have some of his RCs from when I bought/sold basketball cards, but really Bynum and Odom is I think much to give up.

Trading Bynum for Bosh straight up would be a good trade. I know many of you think you're smarter than Mike Dunleavy so this probably won't go very far, but he was just interviewed on ESPN radio...actually about 10-15 minutes ago. He was asked specifically about Bynum for Bosh. He said he liked Bynum a lot but if it were up to him, he would make the trade. He said that the Lakers window of opportunity is now, that Bynum has had a history of injuries, and that getting Bosh would solidify their chances of winning 3-4 in a row. He was then asked to make the case for Bosh to someone who hasn't watched Bosh much. His response was that Bosh has a medium range game, can drive to the hoop, can post up, and has good IQ. His last words were "his game is actually perfectly suited for the triangle."

So I think I would want more than Bosh and Jack if they want both Odom and Bynum but Bosh for Bynum would be good.

Vinylman
06-29-2010, 02:09 PM
People...People...People

This is steve smith... mr zero credibility...

Anyway... the only deal i see mitch doing is

bynum/Walton for bosh/jack or calderon

Anyway, gr824 needs to chime in but i thought that bosh can be the only player in the S&T from the Toronto side... or is it the half salary deal...

anyway... this looks like preemptive excuse making for the bulls in case they don't get bosh ;)

MadBomber
06-29-2010, 02:12 PM

Thanks for the news feed, but I don't think the Lakers will do it. If you read the entire column carefully this is just a section on possible scenarios to play out, but does not indicate that it will happen.

"The Lakers also are expected to enter the picture with a bid for Bosh as it became clear in the Finals they need more scoring. And you can be sure they don’t want to see a LeBron/Bosh pairing in Chicago with Rose and Noah to go against. The Raptors would like to get something in a sign-and-trade for Bosh, but they likely won’t deal him in the East. The Lakers are expected to offer Andrew Bynum, a legitimate low post center, and Lamar Odom, and take back Jarrett Jack, whom the Raptors would like to move."

I'm sure the Lakers can do better and I doubt this happens. Come on guys, this is the Lakers, not the Memphis Grizzles.....at least i hope not.

kblo247
06-29-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm not exactly for it, but I think the deal would be better if they made them eat Luke's deal as well.

Bosh and Jack for LO, Bynum, and Luke.

re-sign Fish
Use part of the MLE on Haslem
T-Mac on the cheap

Fisher Kobe Artest Bosh Gasol
Jack Sasha T-Mac Haslem

At the same time even with my disdain for Lebron, I can't help but think of offering Odom and Bynum for him, moving Ron to the bench behind him and Kobe, re-signing Fish, and then splitting the MLE on JO and Brad Miller.

This trade also makes me question not only if Andrew's knees are jacked but if Lamar's shoulder is worse than reported as well.

All that above is if this is real, but I doubt it looking at the exit interviews

BrewinRamLakers
06-29-2010, 02:17 PM
ROFL to this trade!! What a bad idea. Why give them two bigs an especially get back Jarrett Jack? That guy is a bonified scrub. Just leave the team as is, with only a few minor changes.

promixxer
06-29-2010, 02:17 PM
This trade makes the Lakers weaker. LO and Pau work great together and Bynum finally showed the Lakers he can work great with pau now. Sorry but Bosh won't do the things LO can do and I think a healthy Bynum is better than Bosh....

ToLiveInDieInLA
06-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the news feed, but I don't think the Lakers will do it. If you read the entire column carefully this is just a section on possible scenarios to play out, but does not indicate that it will happen.

"The Lakers also are expected to enter the picture with a bid for Bosh as it became clear in the Finals they need more scoring. And you can be sure they don’t want to see a LeBron/Bosh pairing in Chicago with Rose and Noah to go against. The Raptors would like to get something in a sign-and-trade for Bosh, but they likely won’t deal him in the East. The Lakers are expected to offer Andrew Bynum, a legitimate low post center, and Lamar Odom, and take back Jarrett Jack, whom the Raptors would like to move."

I'm sure the Lakers can do better and I doubt this happens. Come on guys, this is the Lakers, not the Memphis Grizzles.....at least i hope not.

Huh? The Lakers can do better than. Top 10 player? For 2 players that are overated and hurt all the time?? Remember how people were pumped about Gasol and how he would fit in the triangle? Bosh is a solid passer and has the best jumpshot of any poward forward. Why do you think Jackson has such a man-crush on him? Jack is a solid PG too! Better than what we have.

spanky006
06-29-2010, 02:25 PM
I pull the trigger on the trade, for one reason.....Baby Benoit aka Andrew Bynum. The guy has not only NOT lived up to expectation, but has been hurt every year. I love the quote by Bill Simmons at the beginning of the season when he said that the Lakers will win but only if certain things DON'T happen, one of which was a meteor hitting Bynum's Knees.

If you actually look at the #'s the trade is actually beneficial.

1 - The Lakers are looking for a PG and if we got Bosh and Jack in the trade, then that frees up our MLE (probably around $5M) and our LLE/Vet exemp (probably around $1M) to shore up the bench. Believe me some one like Steve Blake, Ronnie Brewer, or Ray Felton is going to take up the MLE. Jack is just as good as Raymond and better than Ronnie and Steve, and around the same age.

2 - Bosh and Jack > AB and LO. Here is why, Bosh is certainly going to out produce AB. 24ppg/11rpg vs 15ppg/8rpg, a gain of 9ppg/3rpg. As well Jack would be an upgrade to Fish (or anyone else for that matter). 11ppg/5apg vs 7ppg/2.5apg, a gain of 4ppg/2.5apg. But we are going to lose LO and he will probably be replaced with Walton. In Walton's best year he averaged 11ppg / 5rpg /4apg needing 33mpg to get those stats. Last year LO averaged 11ppg / 10rpg / 3apg in 32mpg. If Walton is healthy I think he help fill the void that LO leaves behind.

3 - In this scenario, we still have the MLE and the LLE to shore up the bench. Sign Shaq with the LLE, and that leaves us with the MLE to sign T-Mac.

Imagine the line up:

Pau/Shaq
Bosh / Powell
Artest / Walton
Kobe / T-Mac
Jack / Fish-Sasha

Raidaz4Life
06-29-2010, 02:26 PM
ROFL to this trade!! What a bad idea. Why give them two bigs an especially get back Jarrett Jack? That guy is a bonified scrub. Just leave the team as is, with only a few minor changes.

Jarrett Jack is the epitome of efficiency at the PG position... 2.5:1 Assist/Turnover ratio, 48% from the field, 41% from 3, 85% from the stripe and all at the age of 26. This kid is a hidden gem. Bosh speaks for himself, how many guys in the past 20 years average 24-11? We are talking guys like Duncan, Shaq, Malone, Hakeem, etc.! And Bosh himself is only 26 himself! All this for a guy who cannot stay healthy for more than half the year and another guy who has 5 games where he is non existent for every 1 game he makes an impact. I definitely like this trade.

Raidaz4Life
06-29-2010, 02:29 PM
I pull the trigger on the trade, for one reason.....Baby Benoit aka Andrew Bynum. The guy has not only NOT lived up to expectation, but has been hurt every year. I love the quote by Bill Simmons at the beginning of the season when he said that the Lakers will win but only if certain things DON'T happen, one of which was a meteor hitting Bynum's Knees.

1 - The Lakers are looking for a PG and if we got Bosh and Jack in the trade, then that frees up our MLE (probably around $5M) and our LLE/Vet exemp (probably around $1M) to shore up the bench. Believe me some one like Steve Blake, Ronnie Brewer, or Ray Felton is going to take up the MLE. Jack is just as good as Raymond and better than Ronnie and Steve, and around the same age.

2 - Bosh and Jack > AB and LO. Here is why, Bosh is certainly going to out produce AB. 24ppg/11rpg vs 15ppg/8rpg, a gain of 9ppg/3rpg. As well Jack would be an upgrade to Fish (or anyone else for that matter). 11ppg/5apg vs 7ppg/2.5apg, a gain of 4ppg/2.5apg. But we are going to lose LO and he will probably be replaced with Walton. In Walton's best year he averaged 11ppg / 5rpg /4apg needing 33mpg to get those stats. Last year LO averaged 11ppg / 10rpg / 3apg in 32mpg. If Walton is healthy I think he help fill the void that LO leaves behind.

3 - In this scenario, we still have the MLE and the LLE to shore up the bench. Sign Shaq with the LLE, and that leaves us with the MLE to sign T-Mac.

Imagine the line up:

Pau/Shaq
Bosh / Powell
Artest / Walton
Kobe / T-Mac
Jack / Fish-Sasha

Exactly, and to be honest I would much prefer a rotation of Bosh, Shaq, and Gasol to Odom, Bynum, Gasol.

Avenged
06-29-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm not so against this trade, I do think we need a defensive presence down low but I think Bosh would work out for us too. I think what it comes down to is Bynum's health, he can't seem to get healthy and trading him for a top player might be a good move.

Odom and Bynum seems a bit too much, not because Bosh isn't better than them because he is, but more because they've really helped us win.

ToLiveInDieInLA
06-29-2010, 02:31 PM

Huh? Better than a top 10 player? Bosh would fit perfectly in the triangle! He has the best mid-range shot among poward forwards. He is a solid passer too so he would be better than Bynum next to Gasol. Jack is also much better than what we got now.

lpdunks8
06-29-2010, 02:32 PM
First of all, Sam Smith wrote the article so everything in it must be taken with a grain of salt.

Also, it was mentioned that Bosh's numbers are better than AB inferring that he is a much better player. You don't seriously expect Bosh to average 24 and 11 in the Lakers lineup do you? I can also see AB averaging 20 and 10-15 in Toronto as the "Go to" post guy.

I vote "No" on this trade. The only way I'm giving those two up is if Cleveland and Lebron want to do a S & T.

Raidaz4Life
06-29-2010, 02:39 PM
First of all, Sam Smith wrote the article so everything in it must be taken with a grain of salt.

Also, it was mentioned that Bosh's numbers are better than AB inferring that he is a much better player. You don't seriously expect Bosh to average 24 and 11 in the Lakers lineup do you? I can also see AB averaging 20 and 10-15 in Toronto as the "Go to" post guy.

I vote "No" on this trade. The only way I'm giving those two up is if Cleveland and Lebron want to do a S & T.

Really I don't see why not? Chances are with Bosh in the lineup we will play at a faster pace allowing him more touches on offense. Haters kept saying Gasol's number would drop too when he came to the Lakers because he would not longer be the "go-to guy" but instead they stayed the same. I don't see any reason why Bosh could not be just as effective playing in LA.

ToLiveInDieInLA
06-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Bosh would still average 11boards cause he hits the glass but his 24pts would go down to between 17-20!!!! Still better than a kneeless guy and a candyman that scores 15 or more about twice a month. You do the math.....I could care-less about the guy that wrote this article.....its a fact these teams talked about a trade of close to this last year. Buss is a smart buisnessman do you think he is ok with paying two bums tons of money that aren't helping win championships? The Buss sons said last year if they keep winning titles they would continue to upgrade! Artest now Bosh.Vote YES if u wanna not see the Lakers struggle against a soft Suns team or scratch out a game 7 @ home against a old old team to win a title. It shouldn't be that hard that's why u upgrade.

Hurricane H
06-29-2010, 02:54 PM

You are gambling the franchises future by trading 2 bigs for 1 and the POSSIBILITY of signing a veteran that is out there. So please name one of that possibility that will help the franchise defend their back 2 back championship.

gr824
06-29-2010, 02:55 PM
People...People...People

This is steve smith... mr zero credibility...

Anyway... the only deal i see mitch doing is

bynum/Walton for bosh/jack or calderon

Anyway, gr824 needs to chime in but i thought that bosh can be the only player in the S&T from the Toronto side... or is it the half salary deal...

anyway... this looks like preemptive excuse making for the bulls in case they don't get bosh ;)

Technically correct ... The Lakers could throw multiple players at Toronto for the salary match, but the specific deal involving Bosh must be for Bosh alone from the Raptors' side ...

Now, in other similar circumstances, teams have gotten around that provision by generating two or more concurrent, yet separate, swaps that also work from a salary-matching standpoint, which has the net effect of multiple players from both sides switching teams at the end of the process. In this case, as outlined, that cannot be done, though, because Bynum for Bosh is not a salary match and neither is Odom for Jack. The Lakers might try to solve that problem by adding more men to the deal, but even that has limits since they do not have lots of guys under contract at the moment [ for instance, Bynum and Walton for Bosh might work as a salary match after July 1st -- when Bynum is no longer a BYC player -- and Odom for Jack and Evans likely does, too, though I am sure both teams might have objections to the effective end result of Bynum, Odom, and Walton for Bosh, Jack, and Evans; I know I do :shrug: ] ...

Anyway, I believe this is just an updated version of a prior [ disproved ] trade rumor ... But who knows ? More will be apparent after July 1st ...

albertc86
06-29-2010, 03:04 PM
You are gambling the franchises future by trading 2 bigs for 1 and the POSSIBILITY of signing a veteran that is out there. So please name one of that possibility that will help the franchise defend their back 2 back championship.

The Lakers are already banking on a signing a veteran, bro. You've been reading the posts. They may not be bigs but they are solid veterans looking for a ring. You make it seem like the Lakers will be a team of dwarves. We've just grown accustomed to having three bigs on the floor. The Lakers will just have two bigs on the floor at a time which is what every other team has. At any rate, I expect the Lakers to sign a big man, any way. That's why I said that, on the surface, it looks like a bad trade but it really isn't. Mitch wouldn't throw Bynum and Odom for Bosh if he didn't have something else up his sleeve.

Teeboy1487
06-29-2010, 03:23 PM
I will be very pissed if this goes down.

Wilson
06-29-2010, 03:41 PM
I don't think you guys are looking at the big picture; this is a good trade. Granted, we lose Bynum and Odom who have both contributed to the Lakers' success, but Bynum hasn't been fully healthy, and Odom disappears like nobody's business. What I like about this trade is, it opens up the possibilities for more moves and/or signings. One less big name translates into another savvy veteran signing with us and getting good minutes off the bench for the Lakers! What veteran wouldn't want this? Bosh would spread the floor more for Pau and draw big men away from him the same way Odom does. And I think Bosh is a little more feared than Odom, no?

That's a huge misconception about Lamar. Look at these numbers:

2005-2006 regular season: 14.8 PPG, 9.2 RPG / play-offs: 19.1 PPG, 11 RPG
2006-2007 regular season: 15.9 PPG, 9.8 RPG / play-offs: 19.4 PPG, 13 RPG
2007-2008 regular season: 14.2 PPG, 10.6 RPG / play-offs: 14.3 PPG, 10 RPG
2008-2009 regular season: 11.3 PPG, 8.2 RPG / play-offs: 12.3 PPG, 9.1 RPG
2009-2010 regular season: 10.8 PPG, 9.8 RPG / play-offs: 9.7 PPG, 8.6 RPG

Lamar's numbers have gone up in the play-offs every season he's been here apart from 2010. I don't know if it's fair to say that he disappears. The only rough patches he's had are when he was the second option, but that's not been an issue since the 2007-2008 season.

As for Andrew, he's had some terrible luck with injuries, but he is by far and away a better fit for our starting line-up than Chris Bosh. If we start Bosh and Pau Gasol in the front court, any team with a physical center will eat us alive. If we are to trade Andrew, we had better get an interior defender in return.

it became clear in the Finals they need more scoring.

Did it really? :eyebrow:

Surely the Celtics defense had more to do with the low scoring numbers than any offensive deficiency on our part. We were 12th in scoring in the regular season, we are fine.

junion
06-29-2010, 03:44 PM
pros:
- we get a big and a point guard
- we get players who haven't won a ring = they're hungry for it
- it opens up the possibility to sign another veteran who's hungry
- odom disappears and bynum gets injured
- more scoring
- we secure bosh = no other team can sign him

cons:
- we won the championship this year because of our length - pau, bynum, odom. we'd be giving away two of those for one.
- we lose bynum and odom - two big pieces of our success for the past 3 years
- with bynum out, we have no TRUE center except mbenga, pau can't play full-time center
- we change our core which has brought us success in the past - if it ain't broke, don't fix it
- we'd be offering too much for bosh, when we could just add a veteran guard hungry for a ring
- defense wins championships, not offense - if we do this, we have more offense - which we don't need as much as defense

8kobe24
06-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Bosh can never be the defensive presence AB is. Bosh can never be the versatile player LO is. I admit, AB and LO are inconsistent, but they have come through when it mattered most. Like I've said before, Lakers will be in the losing end of this trade even if Bosh is a more "talented" player than AB or LO. Plus, this guy has diva written all over him.

8kobe24
06-29-2010, 03:48 PM
pros:
- we get a big and a point guard
- we get players who haven't won a ring = they're hungry for it
- it opens up the possibility to sign another veteran who's hungry
- odom disappears and bynum gets injured
- more scoring
- we secure bosh = no other team can sign him

cons:
- we won the championship this year because of our length - pau, bynum, odom. we'd be giving away two of those for one.
- we lose bynum and odom - two big pieces of our success for the past 3 years
- with bynum out, we have no TRUE center except mbenga, pau can't play full-time center
- we change our core which has brought us success in the past - if it ain't broke, don't fix it
- we'd be offering too much for bosh, when we could just add a veteran guard hungry for a ring
- defense wins championships, not offense - if we do this, we have more offense - which we don't need as much as defense

And the verdict?:D

Vinylman
06-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Technically correct ... The Lakers could throw multiple players at Toronto for the salary match, but the specific deal involving Bosh must be for Bosh alone from the Raptors' side ...

Now, in other similar circumstances, teams have gotten around that provision by generating two or more concurrent, yet separate, swaps that also work from a salary-matching standpoint, which has the net effect of multiple players from both sides switching teams at the end of the process. In this case, as outlined, that cannot be done, though, because Bynum for Bosh is not a salary match and neither is Odom for Jack. The Lakers might try to solve that problem by adding more men to the deal, but even that has limits since they do not have lots of guys under contract at the moment [ for instance, Bynum and Walton for Bosh might work as a salary match after July 1st -- when Bynum is no longer a BYC player -- and Odom for Jack and Evans likely does, too, though I am sure both teams might have objections to the effective end result of Bynum, Odom, and Walton for Bosh, Jack, and Evans; I know I do :shrug: ] ...

Anyway, I believe this is just an updated version of a prior [ disproved ] trade rumor ... But who knows ? More will be apparent after July 1st ...

thats what i thought... you would think a guy whose job it is to speculate would know that there is no combination of his proposed deal that could work... anyway, wouldn't bynum for a max deal bosh be close enough straight up? If not we really don't have anything to add that can make it work... under the rules could we even resign a powell and ship him?

I think we would have to look hard at a deal that brings us bosh and gets rid of walton... but definitely not one that includes lamar.

Storch
06-29-2010, 04:01 PM
This is just another speculation thread. It does not have credible sources, its just an opinion statement by a writer. This needs to be merged with the off season thread.

No offense avenged but that's just my opinion about this.

Lo and ab for bosh and jack is not possible. We have an organization filled with great basketball minds, the gm, owner, co-owners, and coaches are too smart for that.

New Power House
06-29-2010, 04:02 PM

Lakers can maybe include Puke or Sasha in the deal and lakers can get The jordan from Greece or Calderon. Bosh and Jarret are better than Bynum and Gasol because of salary and the quality of Bosh at this moment. Jarret is a player that the lakers wanted before and he is a real PG that will flourish in the triangle offense. We loose size but lakers will then have the MLE to attract a PF or Center to relief them there. I see B.Miller or Haywood as probable centers. I will only do this deal if they take Puke on the deal.
His contract will aloud the Lakers to get M.Miller and we are set. Toronto will run at this deal and Bosh will push them to accept it.
Gasol,Bosh,Artest, Kobe and Fish.
Bench:
B.Miller,Haywood or any other center out there capable to cover this position for 15 minutes a game.
M.Miller
Caracter
B whatever the new guy is
Jarret
Sasha
T Mac, Bell,Kuamee,Crintenton or any player to make the bench stronger.
This group will be more consistent than the one with Odom and Bynum.
We loose lenght,but speed,defense, and scoring will be there. I repeat,the key here is to send Puke along with Bynum and Odom.This is maybe the big move for the Lakers this summer. Bosh can not go to join forces with L and W.
If they do then the Lakers will have to some how find a deal to add a consistent star to the pile.

Raidaz4Life
06-29-2010, 04:03 PM
That's a huge misconception about Lamar. Look at these numbers:

2005-2006 regular season: 14.8 PPG, 9.2 RPG / play-offs: 19.1 PPG, 11 RPG
2006-2007 regular season: 15.9 PPG, 9.8 RPG / play-offs: 19.4 PPG, 13 RPG
2007-2008 regular season: 14.2 PPG, 10.6 RPG / play-offs: 14.3 PPG, 10 RPG
2008-2009 regular season: 11.3 PPG, 8.2 RPG / play-offs: 12.3 PPG, 9.1 RPG
2009-2010 regular season: 10.8 PPG, 9.8 RPG / play-offs: 9.7 PPG, 8.6 RPG

Lamar's numbers have gone up in the play-offs every season he's been here apart from 2010. I don't know if it's fair to say that he disappears. The only rough patches he's had are when he was the second option, but that's not been an issue since the 2007-2008 season.

As for Andrew, he's had some terrible luck with injuries, but he is by far and away a better fit for our starting line-up than Chris Bosh. If we start Bosh and Pau Gasol in the front court, any team with a physical center will eat us alive. If we are to trade Andrew, we had better get an interior defender in return.

Did it really? :eyebrow:

Surely the Celtics defense had more to do with the low scoring numbers than any offensive deficiency on our part. We were 12th in scoring in the regular season, we are fine.

So... Orlando?

I keep hearing this and still don't understand this reasoning. Lets run through the list of Western Conference playoff teams that have a physical productive Center...

8. OKC- No
7. San Antonio- Yes/No- They do have Duncan but he is definitely on the decline and is becoming less and less of a threat each year, especially in the post.
6. Portland- Yes- They have Oden... but how many time has he been healthy enough to contribute for them in the playoffs?
5. Utah- No- Okur is far from a physical center
4. Denver- No- Nene is more of an out of place power forward and definitely the least of our worries when facing the Nuggets.
3. Phoenix- No
2. Dallas- No- They have Dampier but come on... Erik Dampier could NEVER beat us.

So that is maybe two teams that we would have to worry about... okay okay you're right its all about the Finals... how about the East?

8. Chicago- No
7. Charlotte- Yes- Okay I'll concede Tyson Chandler but honestly if Tyson Chandler is your biggest worry then you've got it pretty made (Don't ask me how Charlotte made it to the finals in the first place)
6. Milwaukee- Definitely- This would definitely be a concern to me but once again... what are the odds the bucks make it to the finals.
5. Miami- No
4. Boston- No- Boston was trying to deal Perkins on draft night for a reason. Besides he has always been more of a defensive threat than an offensive one anyways.
3. Atlanta- No
2. Orlando- This is the one many of you will reference to but come on... you can't build your entire team around one team that you may or may not face in the finals (Orlando is FAAAAAAAR from a lock to reach the finals)
1. Cleveland- Yes/No- depends on if Shaq resigns.

USMCLaker
06-29-2010, 04:06 PM
Here's my two cents.

Yes, Mitch would do this personally I think he is overrated as a GM. That being said my problem with this trade as others have pointed giving up two good bigs for one.

If Bosh gets injured essentially were out two bigs.

On the other side is if this deal somehow relieves the Dr. Buss of some salary you would have to consider it.

Raidaz4Life
06-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Here's my two cents.

Yes, Mitch would do this personally I think he is overrated as a GM. That being said my problem with this trade as others have pointed giving up two good bigs for one.

If Bosh gets injured essentially were out two bigs.

On the other side is if this deal somehow relieves the Dr. Buss of some salary you would have to consider it.

You would have to imagine it is. Hence the reason Odom is being included in it.

sp1derm00
06-29-2010, 04:12 PM
I would give up only Odom for Bosh.

I don't think we can afford to give up Bynum for Bosh unless Mitch knows something about that knee no one else knows. Bynum putting up lesser stats and being not as talented a player as Bosh is alright with me because he provides us with a solid defensive anchor in the post. We don't need Bosh with Pau on our team.

New Power House
06-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Bosh can never be the defensive presence AB is. Bosh can never be the versatile player LO is. I admit, AB and LO are inconsistent, but they have come through when it mattered most. Like I've said before, Lakers will be in the losing end of this trade even if Bosh is a more "talented" player than AB or LO. Plus, this guy has diva written all over him.

Odom is overrated. He is the most potentially talented player with a great deficiency. He is inconsistent as hell. He does not have the shooting skills and the IQ to be at the level of Bosh. Bosh is going to be the PF and Gasol the Center. Bynum is our lost but you have to give in order to receive. Puke has to go in this deal or I wont even discuss it. His contract will help to get another effective Center to support the bench. We get a very good PG and we can get a shooter like M.Miller or Korver to open up the court for Bosh and Gasol to operate. B.Miller or Haywood or any other center with their level of skills to help there and maybe another veteran either at the PF or at SF.
Let's see what happen in reality this coming 1st of July!
If this do not happen we are okay too. But Bosh is an all star and Jarret is what we need to sub for an aging Fish.

lalalakerz09
06-29-2010, 04:17 PM
I wouldnt trade Bynum for Bosh...no way!!! No problem with Odom and others going. Bynum is young and has more heart than Odom. Try playing with a torn Meniscus even for 5 minutes. Odom just doesnt have his head in the game and every single year everyone says if he shows up we are unbeatable. We still win really without him in the game and often times in spite of his blown defensive assignments. He is good when he goes to the hole and he is a good rebounder BUT he takes ridiculous 3's at the wrong times and he blows defensive assignments. Lets move on and forget this pipe dream that he will ever be a consistent contributor. Bynum showed me that he has a lot of heart by playing hurt and compromising his future on a weak knee. He would eat Bosh up when healthy. Please dont forget what he did for us during the Boston series. We need a good PG that can keep up with the quicker PG s in the league and a LOT of bench help. Maybe TMac, Miller or Bell. Raja maybe already past his prime and might be a gamble. Dont give up on BYNUM please.

USMCLaker
06-29-2010, 04:21 PM
I would give up only Odom for Bosh.

I don't think we can afford to give up Bynum for Bosh unless Mitch knows something about that knee no one else knows. Bynum putting up lesser stats and being not as talented a player as Bosh is alright with me because he provides us with a solid defensive anchor in the post. We don't need Bosh with Pau on our team.

I agree. I think Bosh could give us what Lamar gives us however, Bosh can not give us what Bynum gives us (When healthy).

This is not to bash Odom he did help us in critical parts of the playoffs.

sp1derm00
06-29-2010, 04:21 PM
On second thought, I would do this trade if we could piece together the rest of the team like this.

LO + Bynum for Bosh + Jack.

Sign JO for LLE (he can play both C and PF).

At least offer Shaq the vet's minimum to play C.

Sign Mike Miller for the MLE.

We end up with:

Jack/Fish
Kobe/Sasha
Artest/Miller
Bosh/JO
Pau/Shaq

Sounds solid as hell to me. We could even replace JO with Kwame since he knows the triangle and he's good defensively at least... plus Kwame isn't injury prone like JO.

USMCLaker
06-29-2010, 04:23 PM
On second thought, I would do this trade if we could piece together the rest of the team like this.

LO + Bynum for Bosh + Jack.

Sign JO for LLE (he can play both C and PF).

At least offer Shaq the vet's minimum to play C.

Sign Mike Miller for the MLE.

We end up with:

Jack/Fish
Kobe/Sasha
Artest/Miller
Bosh/JO
Pau/Shaq

Sounds solid as hell to me. We could even replace JO with Kwame since he knows the triangle and he's good defensively at least... plus Kwame isn't injury prone like JO.

I really like Mike Miller but how is his defense?

USMCLaker
06-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Odom is overrated. He is the most potentially talented player with a great deficiency. He is inconsistent as hell. He does not have the shooting skills and the IQ to be at the level of Bosh. Bosh is going to be the PF and Gasol the Center. Bynum is our lost but you have to give in order to receive. Puke has to go in this deal or I wont even discuss it. His contract will help to get another effective Center to support the bench. We get a very good PG and we can get a shooter like M.Miller or Korver to open up the court for Bosh and Gasol to operate. B.Miller or Haywood or any other center with their level of skills to help there and maybe another veteran either at the PF or at SF.
Let's see what happen in reality this coming 1st of July!
If this do not happen we are okay too. But Bosh is an all star and Jarret is what we need to sub for an aging Fish.

Same question, how is Jarrett Jack's defense?

still1ballin
06-29-2010, 04:29 PM
If Mitch does this, I will personally fly to LA and slice his throat. Terrible idea. Why break up this core. So much chemistry. We just won 2 championships in a row, we don't need to make a drastic move.

Bruno
06-29-2010, 04:30 PM
This looks a lot like the "trade Bynum and Odom for J. Oneal" scenario that we were considering a few years back. It's a horrible idea, we lose size and depth and get someone who hasn't proven they can score effectively in the triangle, or as a 2nd/3rd option in return.

The most we offer is Bynum, Sashas expiring and a low draft pick for Bosh. Odom stays. If we move Bynum for Bosh we need to sign Shaq as well.

New Power House
06-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Same question, how is Jarrett Jack's defense?

Jarret is better defender than Farmar and Brown for sure. He is a better passer and shooter. Lakers just need to attract a B. Miller or Haywood kind of center wiht the MLE to help the bench and bring a shooter like Bell or House to make the bench more effective.But I will not do the deal if they do not take Puke's contract too.

still1ballin
06-29-2010, 04:33 PM
What ever happened to the Bynum for Bosh straight up. Why add Odom to this.

shep33
06-29-2010, 04:34 PM
I don't think the Mamba is gonna like this, but this is the Lakers organization in reality they can do whatever they want.

I still don't like it. I'd rather keep LO here, he's one of the reasons why Ron came in the first place, and i think they really help each other out by being friends.

I feel for Odom if this goes through... he goes to Toronto and last year he coulda signed with the Heat... I dunno I just don't like it for our team. We lose our best bench player, and one of the most versatile players in the league. Him handling the ball off a rebound is a quality that is almost one of kind in this league for a big man.

Again, I hate this idea.

shep33
06-29-2010, 04:34 PM
You know what, that CP3 trade makes more sense for us than this one IMO.

still1ballin
06-29-2010, 04:35 PM
This looks a lot like the "trade Bynum and Odom for J. Oneal" scenario that we were considering a few years back. It's a horrible idea, we lose size and depth and get someone who hasn't proven they can score effectively in the triangle, or as a 2nd/3rd option in return.

The most we offer is Bynum, Sashas expiring and a low draft pick for Bosh. Odom stays. If we move Bynum for Bosh we need to sign Shaq as well.

I thought about that too. We will be making a big mistake if we make this deal.

Wilson
06-29-2010, 04:35 PM
So... Orlando?

I keep hearing this and still don't understand this reasoning. Lets run through the list of Western Conference playoff teams that have a physical productive Center...

8. OKC- No
7. San Antonio- Yes/No- They do have Duncan but he is definitely on the decline and is becoming less and less of a threat each year, especially in the post.
6. Portland- Yes- They have Oden... but how many time has he been healthy enough to contribute for them in the playoffs?
5. Utah- No- Okur is far from a physical center
4. Denver- No- Nene is more of an out of place power forward and definitely the least of our worries when facing the Nuggets.
3. Phoenix- No
2. Dallas- No- They have Dampier but come on... Erik Dampier could NEVER beat us.

So that is maybe two teams that we would have to worry about... okay okay you're right its all about the Finals... how about the East?

8. Chicago- No
7. Charlotte- Yes- Okay I'll concede Tyson Chandler but honestly if Tyson Chandler is your biggest worry then you've got it pretty made (Don't ask me how Charlotte made it to the finals in the first place)
6. Milwaukee- Definitely- This would definitely be a concern to me but once again... what are the odds the bucks make it to the finals.
5. Miami- No
4. Boston- No- Boston was trying to deal Perkins on draft night for a reason. Besides he has always been more of a defensive threat than an offensive one anyways.
3. Atlanta- No
2. Orlando- This is the one many of you will reference to but come on... you can't build your entire team around one team that you may or may not face in the finals (Orlando is FAAAAAAAR from a lock to reach the finals)
1. Cleveland- Yes/No- depends on if Shaq resigns.

A team doesn't need a Dwight Howard like presence in the middle to hurt a Pau Gasol - Chris Bosh front line. Look at a team like Denver, Nene and K-Mart aren't going to get a ton of points but they can harass Pau and Chris a lot and collect a ton of boards.

You mention that Kendrick Perkins is only a defensive presence, but he's still a physical presence that can beat the hell out of Pau and Chris.

I think the main problem with Chris Bosh is that I see him as Pau Gasol 2.0 - we already have Pau Gasol so why are we trying to get his replica? We're just losing some of our versatility to grab a guy who's full talents we won't be able to use because we don't have enough spare minutes or shot attempts to give him.

We're getting slightly worse defensively and no better offensively by trading for a guy we don't need.

We're also essentially trading away our entire bench - Lamar is the only punch we have on the bench.

BigGuy951
06-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Horrible idea.

Avenged
06-29-2010, 04:41 PM
This is just another speculation thread. It does not have credible sources, its just an opinion statement by a writer. This needs to be merged with the off season thread.

No offense avenged but that's just my opinion about this.

Lo and ab for bosh and jack is not possible. We have an organization filled with great basketball minds, the gm, owner, co-owners, and coaches are too smart for that.

It's a major story involving our core for a borderline superstar which will generate a lot of responses. Article states the Lakers are "expected" to propose this trade. It could happen or it couldn't, but it's the offseason and stories like this will keep coming until it's all over.

New Power House
06-29-2010, 04:41 PM

JO was considered a injury prone player already at that time. Bosh is healthier.
Bynum and Puke plus a pick. Bosh can push them to do it and they will get it,because is the best deal on the table for them. No other team can offer a very promising center as Bynum. The other reason mention here is that Buss probably to unload salary by sending Odom in the deal,but I will push for them to take Puke too.

Avenged
06-29-2010, 04:45 PM

Could be. But Bosh is better right now than J.O was back then and he's only 26 years old so it can be argued he's not yet to hit his prime.

If this goes down, we'd still be a top team but not so sure we would have enough to win it all depending if the Lakers manage to gather a decent big man.

We already have the sure thing though with our core, no need to mix it all up for one player. I do think though we'd be way better off with Bosh than we would have with J.O a few years back.

Raidaz4Life
06-29-2010, 04:48 PM
A team doesn't need a Dwight Howard like presence in the middle to hurt a Pau Gasol - Chris Bosh front line. Look at a team like Denver, Nene and K-Mart aren't going to get a ton of points but they can harass Pau and Chris a lot and collect a ton of boards.

You mention that Kendrick Perkins is only a defensive presence, but he's still a physical presence that can beat the hell out of Pau and Chris.

I think the main problem with Chris Bosh is that I see him as Pau Gasol 2.0 - we already have Pau Gasol so why are we trying to get his replica? We're just losing some of our versatility to grab a guy who's full talents we won't be able to use because we don't have enough spare minutes or shot attempts to give him.

We're getting slightly worse defensively and no better offensively by trading for a guy we don't need.

We're also essentially trading away our entire bench - Lamar is the only punch we have on the bench.

See I really don't think Nene and K-mart would be that much more physical than us. Both are undersized for their positions and really neither of them are very good rebounders either.

Boston was trying to shop Perkins during the draft which leads me to believe he won't be the same again after his injury during the finals.

And I completely disagree about us not improving on offense. We improve immensely on offense because we become that much more versatile as both Bosh and Gasol can either play the post or spread the floor. It gives us so many different options on offense and allows us to be a lot more flexible than kicking it down low to Bynum. Having Bosh would also allow us to give Kobe longer rests considering there were times that Kobe had to stay in the game or come back early due to our inability to score without him on the floor. With Bosh, we have the luxury of always having a go to guy on the floor.

Plus we cut some really bad contracts in Odom and Bynum. I think overall we need to take this risk because other teams are looking to improve and neither Bynum nor Odom are acting as difference makers for this team.

Iron24th
06-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Terrible trade for us.

If we do that after a repeat,we'll be the stupidest organisation ever.

Once again, I trust Mitch when he says our 6 man core is untouchable (at least for this upcoming season).

PGLakers
06-29-2010, 05:25 PM
i like this trade...yeah we won championships with the length...but with the consistency of bosh and jack...we prolly wont even need that.

i am tired of having lamar odom on this team to be honest...i like AB...but o well. i am up for this trade...adding a back up center would be of course required after this trade. lets see what kupchak does. i am sure bosh is going to have to agree to this too...didnt he say before that he doesnt want to be side kick..well this is Kobe's then Gasol's and then maybe if he comes..Bosh' team...soo he is going to have to be ok with that as well.

Raidaz4Life
06-29-2010, 05:27 PM
i like this trade...yeah we won championships with the length...but with the consistency of bosh and jack...we prolly wont even need that.

i am tired of having lamar odom on this team to be honest...i like AB...but o well. i am up for this trade...adding a back up center would be of course required after this trade. lets see what kupchak does. i am sure bosh is going to have to agree to this too...didnt he say before that he doesnt want to be side kick..well this is Kobe's then Gasol's and then maybe if he comes..Bosh' team...soo he is going to have to be ok with that as well.

Well considering his other option appears to be going to Miami with Wade and Lebron, I think playing second fiddle to Kobe would be a lot more appealing than playing third fiddle to Lebron and Wade.

lamar2006
06-29-2010, 05:28 PM
if Mitch trades both for Bosh and Jack he will be know as cupcake once again. We lost our 6th man. We lose our Center. We have no backup C if Gasol is moved to C and we have a worst bench than we did this year. Dont do this trade offer Bynum and a filler for Bosh. But, even then I dont want that trade.

KillaInstinct24
06-29-2010, 05:28 PM
i hope its bynum and sasha for bosh and jack LOL. i agree with most everyone here, 2 bigs for 1 is a bad idea even if it is Odumb

New Power House
06-29-2010, 05:32 PM
See I really don't think Nene and K-mart would be that much more physical than us. Both are undersized for their positions and really neither of them are very good rebounders either.

Boston was trying to shop Perkins during the draft which leads me to believe he won't be the same again after his injury during the finals.

And I completely disagree about us not improving on offense. We improve immensely on offense because we become that much more versatile as both Bosh and Gasol can either play the post or spread the floor. It gives us so many different options on offense and allows us to be a lot more flexible than kicking it down low to Bynum. Having Bosh would also allow us to give Kobe longer rests considering there were times that Kobe had to stay in the game or come back early due to our inability to score without him on the floor. With Bosh, we have the luxury of always having a go to guy on the floor.

Plus we cut some really bad contracts in Odom and Bynum. I think overall we need to take this risk because other teams are looking to improve and neither Bynum nor Odom are acting as difference makers for this team.

This is why this deal might be true. Kobe is showing signs of fatigue and Odom can not be the guy to consistently take over while he is hurt or on the bench. Bynum,is the incognito. We do not know how his knees will respond in the future. He is a big gamble. Odom is making a lot to be a bench player and Lakers can use this deal to lure Puke's contract away too. Jarret is the pg tht we need now and Bosh is warranty to bring offense and defense in a more consistent base and like you said,save Kobe's legs for better times.

lakers4sho
06-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Well considering his other option appears to be going to Miami with Wade and Lebron, I think playing second fiddle to Kobe would be a lot more appealing than playing third fiddle to Lebron and Wade.

More like 3rd behind Kobe and Pau, or sometimes 4th when Ron is having an erratic shooting night :shrug:

PGLakers
06-29-2010, 05:37 PM
if Mitch trades both for Bosh and Jack he will be know as cupcake once again. We lost our 6th man. We lose our Center. We have no backup C if Gasol is moved to C and we have a worst bench than we did this year. Dont do this trade offer Bynum and a filler for Bosh. But, even then I dont want that trade.

who told u that lakers were only going to this the whole off season?!?

PGLakers
06-29-2010, 05:39 PM
i wonder if boozer would take mle and come to lakers lol

KillaInstinct24
06-29-2010, 05:42 PM
who told u that lakers were only going to this the whole off season?!?

they would definitely have to grab another big if they did this trade. kurt thomas anyone? lol chuck hayes and scola are FAs too

gr824
06-29-2010, 05:52 PM
thats what i thought... you would think a guy whose job it is to speculate would know that there is no combination of his proposed deal that could work...

You would think that would be the case ... Yet, every day, stuff get tossed around in the press that flies in the face of CBA restrictions and NBA practicality ... Go figure ...

... anyway, wouldn't bynum for a max deal bosh be close enough straight up? If not we really don't have anything to add that can make it work... under the rules could we even resign a powell and ship him?

I think we would have to look hard at a deal that brings us bosh and gets rid of walton... but definitely not one that includes lamar.

Bynum for Bosh, one-for-one, might work after July 1st, but it depends on exactly how much the first year of a 'max' deal for Bosh will ultimately cost. Once the new Cap is established -- the moratorium ends July 8th -- then it will be clear what all the numbers are and the proposed swap may even be viable, though I doubt it at this moment ...

Resigning Powell or Mbenga or any other Laker FA and trying to include them does not work, since they could not be traded before December 15, 2010. The one exception to that could be Farmar and his QO, although I am a bit unclear on whether the Lakers could deal his rights under the circumstances [ What I am proposing here is that the Lakers extend their QO to Farmar, which makes him a restricted FA; should he then agree to play for the QO instead of seeking offer sheets from other squads, then I believe the Lakers could include him in a subsequent deal, though I have not been able to verify that likelihood absolutely. ].

LA_Raiders
06-29-2010, 05:53 PM
I dont think so, Bynum & Odom? **** that...

Bynum, Machine, & Walton for Bosh & Jack

Rocco007
06-29-2010, 05:55 PM
We can't lose our length advantage all in one trade...

I talked about Bosh for Bynum as a possibility...

but no way do we toss Odom in...

Silly trade...

deadman8586
06-29-2010, 05:55 PM
I dont think so, Bynum & Odom? **** that...

Bynum, Machine, & Walton for Bosh & Jack

Which I don't see that happening either this whole Bosh idea was stupid from the beginning.

CountSackula
06-29-2010, 05:57 PM
I don't like this deal at all. The front court that the Lakers have now is proven. If anything I'd rather have just Jack, but I wouldn't want LO and Bynum going anywhere. The FO just needs to focus on getting a new bench and a PG to help Fish, that's it.

deadman8586
06-29-2010, 05:58 PM
I don't like this deal at all. The front court that the Lakers have now is proven. If anything I'd rather have just Jack, but I wouldn't want LO and Bynum going anywhere. The FO just needs to focus on getting a new bench and a PG to help Fish, that's it.

Thank You.

showtym24
06-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Hell to the no. Plus ive yet to see a sam smith prediction come true.

NFLNBA
06-29-2010, 06:00 PM
I honestly cant believe you guys think Buss and Mitch would do this trade lol Thats pretty much giving them Bynum and Odom for Bosh, 2 starters for 1! Guys if Odom started for other team with a system other then the triangle you dont think Odom would have Bosh numbers? Yes Bosh has a much better jumper but he cant take the ball up court like Odom, he cant pass like Odom either! It would be fair to trade Odom for Bosh and im still ugh....on that then throw in Bynum? HELL NO! Trust me Buss and Mitch r not stupid lol he already said our main core is staying only thing we are doing is getting better replacements for Farmer, Brown, Benga

Why would you change the core of players on a team that has been to the Finals 3 Straight yrs and just got done winning a back2back :eyebrow:

fast_break
06-29-2010, 06:01 PM
**** this trade :)

LakeShowRaider
06-29-2010, 06:07 PM
You don't trade 2 proven big men for for smaller players. Simple as that. Don't **** up everything and make Gasol play C.

Big men win rings

lakerman
06-29-2010, 06:11 PM
There is NO WAY .... I do this trade

lakerman
06-29-2010, 06:13 PM
I honestly cant believe you guys think Buss and Mitch would do this trade lol Thats pretty much giving them Bynum and Odom for Bosh, 2 starters for 1! Guys if Odom started for other team with a system other then the triangle you dont think Odom would have Bosh numbers? Yes Bosh has a much better jumper but he cant take the ball up court like Odom, he cant pass like Odom either! It would be fair to trade Odom for Bosh and im still ugh....on that then throw in Bynum? HELL NO! Trust me Buss and Mitch r not stupid lol he already said our main core is staying only thing we are doing is getting better replacements for Farmer, Brown, Benga

Why would you change the core of players on a team that has been to the Finals 3 Straight yrs and just got done winning a back2back :eyebrow:

You took the words right out of my mouth there is no way in H*** I would do this trade...

The Raven
06-29-2010, 06:13 PM
Hell no. we'd be giving up a hell of a lot for 1 starter. As inconsistent as they have been at times, Odom was a key part of us winning our championship while Bynum was able to provide that big body inside to block and alter shots. As much scoring that Bosh will be able to provide, to me he isnt a center type player.

We're just in a really tough predicament here cos if Bynum wasnt hurt as much and Odom was even consistent, we wouldnt be having this convo but the fact that they seem to either go down or provide us nothing on the court has really put Mitch in this predicament.

lakerman
06-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Don't they know, if they do this trade other teams will have a field day in the middle :mad:

dyceman
06-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Don't do it..stay w/ Odom and Bynum/ this reeks of a really bad deal.

kobeonekenobe
06-29-2010, 06:20 PM
I know it has not been mentioned anywhere and it will never happen but a trade id like to see (if we really have to give them up) is Bynum, and Odom for Dirk(sign and trade) and Beaubois. That is the only way i wouldnt mind giving up both Bynum and Odom

s3antana5757
06-29-2010, 06:22 PM
I'd do Odom and fillers for Bosh. Not both though. And probably not even Bynum.

New Power House
06-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Don't they know, if they do this trade other teams will have a field day in the middle :mad:

Gasol and Odom? or Gasol and Bosh? Which one do you prefer? Bynum is the wild card,but B.Miller or any other center can provide Bynum's numbers up to this year. Lakers can attract some decent center with the MLE and just a sharp shooter like M. Miller to make our bench more assertive when Kobe sits.
We played with Gasol and Odom combo most of the time,particularly,during finals for three years in a row and Odom was not consistent as Bosh can be.

New Power House
06-29-2010, 06:25 PM
I know it has not been mentioned anywhere and it will never happen but a trade id like to see (if we really have to give them up) is Bynum, and Odom for Dirk(sign and trade) and Beaubois. That is the only way i wouldnt mind giving up both Bynum and Odom

Avoid trading in your own conference because this can bite you back. You will see those players 4 times a year. Bosh>Dirk the German fluke. Bosh is a better defender.

kobeonekenobe
06-29-2010, 06:27 PM
Avoid trading in your own conference because this can bite you back. You will see those players 4 times a year. Bosh>Dirk the German fluke. Bosh is a better defender.

Yes Bosh is but Dirk is a knock down 3pt shooter which we could always do with and i love Beaubois game, i know what ur saying about the same conference though.

lowdown32
06-29-2010, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=LakeShowRaider;13859243]You don't trade 2 proven big men for for smaller players. /QUOTE]

2 proven big men?
The only thing bynum has proven is the he is injury prone
06-got hurt
08-you know
o9-the other knee goes down
10- 2 injuries

3 surgeries in 3 season's

Bosh is 6"10 same as odumb

Vinylman
06-29-2010, 06:43 PM
You would think that would be the case ... Yet, every day, stuff get tossed around in the press that flies in the face of CBA restrictions and NBA practicality ... Go figure ...

Bynum for Bosh, one-for-one, might work after July 1st, but it depends on exactly how much the first year of a 'max' deal for Bosh will ultimately cost. Once the new Cap is established -- the moratorium ends July 8th -- then it will be clear what all the numbers are and the proposed swap may even be viable, though I doubt it at this moment ...

Resigning Powell or Mbenga or any other Laker FA and trying to include them does not work, since they could not be traded before December 15, 2010. The one exception to that could be Farmar and his QO, although I am a bit unclear on whether the Lakers could deal his rights under the circumstances [ What I am proposing here is that the Lakers extend their QO to Farmar, which makes him a restricted FA; should he then agree to play for the QO instead of seeking offer sheets from other squads, then I believe the Lakers could include him in a subsequent deal, though I have not been able to verify that likelihood absolutely. ].

i figured that was the answer but i thought i would check... also... farmar would be problematic even if it was legal because he will probably take 30-45 days to see if he could get a better offer than the QO which would put us out of the bosh hunt...

could the lakers make up the difference in cash? ie bynum plus $3 million... although i see that as unlikely unless we got the same $3 million coming back in a second deal with Toronto :cool:

Anyway, like i said... i wouldn't entertain this deal for bosh unless it helped us get rid of walton and get a good PG back in return.

Blackryder45
06-29-2010, 06:44 PM
As much as I hate Sodom I cant agree with this trade it would be disappointing because although odom takes more than half the season off to me when he comes to play there is no greater x factor for the triangle offense. I f this trade happens Mitch is an IDIOT

QUICKTRADE
06-29-2010, 06:51 PM
i trade LO and Luke for dirk or LO and Luke for Bosh. I will not include andrew at all but if Mitch pull the plug then I'd be happy to get Noah and Kirk for andrew and sasha.

New Power House
06-29-2010, 06:52 PM
As much as I hate Sodom I cant agree with this trade it would be disappointing because although odom takes more than half the season off to me when he comes to play there is no greater x factor for the triangle offense. I f this trade happens Mitch is an IDIOT

Lakers most of the time end having Gasol and Odom playing the 4th. thsi has happened for at least three years in a row and Lakers have won two Now, I think that the combo Gasol and Bosh is way better,because Bosh is pretty consistent and he is able to carry a team by himself. Odom is not.:facepalm:
Buss is the one making the choice here and is al about saving money too,if this ever happen.

New Power House
06-29-2010, 06:55 PM
i trade LO and Luke for dirk or LO and Luke for Bosh. I will not include andrew at all but if Mitch pull the plug then I'd be happy to get Noah and Kirk for andrew and sasha.

Kirk is gone! Dirk is not going anywhere and Bynum and Odom might be packing if Buss decides to save money and pick a proven all star to solidify the possibility of another ring and the wining culture of the Lakers.

gr824
06-29-2010, 06:55 PM
i figured that was the answer but i thought i would check... also... farmar would be problematic even if it was legal because he will probably take 30-45 days to see if he could get a better offer than the QO which would put us out of the bosh hunt...

could the lakers make up the difference in cash? ie bynum plus $3 million... although i see that as unlikely unless we got the same $3 million coming back in a second deal with Toronto :cool:

Anyway, like i said... i wouldn't entertain this deal for bosh unless it helped us get rid of walton and get a good PG back in return.

Getting $3 million from Los Angeles would certainly make the 'Canadians' happy, but it has no impact on the salary match issues relating to the proposed trade. If the Salary Cap winds up being below, say, $56 million, then the Lakers and the Raptors probably could swing Bynum for Bosh as a 'pure' S & T. However, I agree with you that Bynum AND Odom for Bosh [ and whoever ] does not make a lot of sense from a Laker perspective ...

Anilyzer
06-29-2010, 06:57 PM
I like this deal -- the Lakers are getting a legitimate All Star PF, one who obviously wants to come to the Lakers.

Even though we won the title this year, Bynum was again day-to-day health wise, and a question mark before and after every game. Better than the last few years when he was just *out*, but still, he's been a question mark every season.

Odom is a skilled player, and good on paper statistically, but is not that much of a factor. Of course he could do more and have better numbers on a team where he is the main guy (which I suppose he will be) but for what the Lakers need, obviously with Bosh they've upgraded the talent level.

I think most Laker fans are still kind of mind-numbed from all the Odom/Bynum years, so some of us aren't thinking clearly about this. Pau Gasol even seems like a super mega all star to our tired burned-out eyes.

Watch, when you add CHRIS BOSH to the Lakers, and you start seeing REAL athleticism and REAL aggression to the hoop, I mean like THROW IT DOWN... you will be AMAZED.

Also I am still optimistic about the development of our young draft picks.

I for one am really hoping this deal goes through... Although obviously if we could make it another player besides Odom (such as Farmar/Sasha etc) that would be better.... but Toronto has some leverage because of the numbers and because Jack is a quality player.

So maybe it's bye-bye Mr. CandyMan Enigma Mystery Underachiever Reality TV Star Next Magic 6'10" Rebounding Point Guard Power Forward

New Power House
06-29-2010, 06:58 PM
[QUOTE=LakeShowRaider;13859243]You don't trade 2 proven big men for for smaller players. /QUOTE]

2 proven big men?
The only thing bynum has proven is the he is injury prone
06-got hurt
08-you know
o9-the other knee goes down
10- 2 injuries

3 surgeries in 3 season's

Bosh is 6"10 same as odumb

But Bosh is very consistent player and a constant threat. Odom only constant is that he is inconsistent and lacks fire!

DownUnder
06-29-2010, 06:58 PM
Seriously. This i coming from a Bulls related webpage. It's speculation on their behalf to justify taking a chance on Bosh, posturising on if they don't he could go to the Lakers or the cavs or the ??? There is no substance to it. Same as Bosh and Lebron to MIA with Wade. Seriously. Wade and Lebron on the same team. Only one ball people. It's all speculation.

The Lakers will most likely just sign better bench players in the ilk of Bell and maybe a back-up big. The point seems to be being looked at internally, so another perimeter defender or two could be added in that respect. But there wont be any trades for one of the big 3 (or now 4 with Dirk). Remember the statement of Mitch regarding the core 6. The only 'big' name coming here! Maybe the once great Tracy McGrady or the once great Shaquille O'Neal or the once great Jermaine O'Neal. Not the 'great' Chris Bosh or the 'great' Lebron James. We may sign a past all-star FA vet or two, but not one of the current marquis players. We have a supreme squad, which just needs a bit better depth off the pine.

Anilyzer
06-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Also, note that Bosh is considerably younger than Odom... so while Odom is getting into his 30's, Bosh is just peaking in his mid-twenties... Also I'm sure the coaching staff sees something in Bosh that they feel they can develop...

New Power House
06-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Getting $3 million from Los Angeles would certainly make the 'Canadians' happy, but it has no impact on the salary match issues relating to the proposed trade. If the Salary Cap winds up being below, say, $56 million, then the Lakers and the Raptors probably could swing Bynum for Bosh as a 'pure' S & T. However, I agree with you that Bynum AND Odom for Bosh [ and whoever ] does not make a lot of sense from a Laker perspective ...

Buss wants to save money and he does not like the idea of having someone on the bench producing inconsistently for almost 9 mill!! Bynum is our lost because his lenght and power,but he is maybe destine to be hurt. Bosh will pick up the slack and he is bringing a PG along with him. I will force them to take Puke. Then I will call it a deal!

BYBLOS88
06-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Our size is what hepled the lakers win. Why give 2 bigs for 1 forget that deal. If its bynum and sasha for bosh then its a done deal or bynum odom for bosh and turgalu

deadman8586
06-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Buss wants to save money and he does not like the idea of having someone on the bench producing inconsistently for almost 9 mill!! Bynum is our lost because his lenght and power,but he is maybe destine to be hurt. Bosh will pick up the slack and he is bringing a PG along with him. I will force them to take Puke. Then I will call it a deal!

I say no because this is stupid to begin with, and our bench gets worse because if Gasol and Bosh ever goes down with injury or gets soft on us then we are F***ED!!!!!

RoyalG333
06-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Bosh and Gasol on the post is a nice thought but I am afraid we would get pushed around too much. Guys like Big Baby, and Demarcus Cousins who are nearly 7 feet and almost 300 pounds can really be trouble for those guys when it comes to rebounding.

Bynum showed toughness and if we don't get a guy who can at least match Bynums length and power under the basket, I think its a bad idea to move him. LO on the other hand is much more dispensable at this point. But I doubt the Raptors take anything less than LO and Bynum to give up Bosh.

deadman8586
06-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Our size is what hepled the lakers win. Why give 2 bigs for 1 forget that deal. If its bynum and sasha for bosh then its a done deal or bynum odom for bosh and turgalu

Ah hell no not Turrgalu. Also if we trade Bynum then we have to trade Odom to fill the rest of the bench because his minutes would be cut.

myqntab
06-29-2010, 07:18 PM
i find it hilarious you people are still arguing over whether to do the deal or not when it has already been pointed out (thanks gr824) that the deal does NOT work within the guidelines......

calm down people.....calm down.....

gr824
06-29-2010, 07:22 PM

Bynum and Odom for Bosh and Jack does not save the Lakers $$$s. Money-wise, it is pretty much a 'wash', with a longer overall contract commitment involved ...

Including Walton instead of Odom would make more 'bad' contract sense from the Laker point of view [ it gets two long-term injury risks off the L. A. roster ], but it might be a hard sell to the Raptors, talent-wise. Adding Walton to Bynum and Odom as you propose probably does not 'work' for reasons I stated earlier in this thread, unless Toronto includes Reggie Evans in the deal(s) [ Net effect: Bynum + Walton + Odom for Bosh + Jack + Evans ] ...

No matter what, though, I do not see any of these options as great improvements to a back-to-back championship squad. Does that mean the deal(s) will not happen ? No ... Though I would not bet on them transpiring ...

gr824
06-29-2010, 07:27 PM
i find it hilarious you people are still arguing over whether to do the deal or not when it has already been pointed out (thanks gr824) that the deal does NOT work within the guidelines......

calm down people.....calm down.....

Yeah ... Until the moratorium number crunching occurs in the first week of July, it is very uncertain what trade 'combos' will work and which will not ... It is fun to speculate, though ... :cool:

:D :D :D

Margie
06-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Hey Avenged 24 The sky is falling. Do you believe that?

HesusdGOD
06-29-2010, 07:40 PM
In my opinion..This is a Perfect Trade for LA...We get rid of a Headache and injury Prone player..for an elite player and an up and coming Good shooting and athletic PG in Jack...I can understand yall being afraid that we lose our length but truth is..we wont b..Bosh is just as longer and profides just as much range as LO..plus hes a better rebounded and scorer.....and with the bringing of Bosh we are going to attract the older vets to want and come and play with us..like a T-mac/miller and Shaq/haywood...not only do we get bigger we also dont lose any length and we have a more complete and solid bench now...

and as for defense......look at the stats...men lie woman lie numbers dont
Bosh AB
PPG 24.0
RPG 10.8
APG 2.4
SPG 0.6
BPG 1.0
FG% 0.518
FT% 0.797
3P% 0.364
MPG 36.1

SundaeBest
06-29-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm comfortable losing Bynum....but not Bynum+Odom.

HesusdGOD
06-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Bosh has just as much of a Defensive presence as AB....look at the Stats...men lie,woman lie..numbers dont!!

and with that being said...this trade will also attract other vets to want to come in a get a ship wit kobe...examples..SHAQ and T-mac...just imagine How solid our bench will b with the signing of them 2....

myqntab
06-29-2010, 07:48 PM
Yeah ... Until the moratorium number crunching occurs in the first week of July, it is very uncertain what trade 'combos' will work and which will not ... It is fun to speculate, though ... :cool:

:D :D :D

it might be fun to speculate.....but people are still arguing like it is possible....and it is not....i just dont see how they can fudge the numbers without getting the whole process screwed up (like including half of our team for half of theirs).......and we do not want that.....

deadman8586
06-29-2010, 07:51 PM
In my opinion..This is a Perfect Trade for LA...We get rid of a Headache and injury Prone player..for an elite player and an up and coming Good shooting and athletic PG in Jack...I can understand yall being afraid that we lose our length but truth is..we wont b..Bosh is just as longer and profides just as much range as LO..plus hes a better rebounded and scorer.....and with the bringing of Bosh we are going to attract the older vets to want and come and play with us..like a T-mac/miller and Shaq/haywood...not only do we get bigger we also dont lose any length and we have a more complete and solid bench now...

Bosh AB
PPG 24.0
RPG 10.8
APG 2.4
SPG 0.6
BPG 1.0
FG% 0.518
FT% 0.797
3P% 0.364
MPG 36.1

I think Khloe would go kick Mitch and Dr Buss in the nuts if that trade happens. Also this trade is stupid and false which I think Sam Smith needs to be kicked in the nuts as well for bring up this crap.

deadman8586
06-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Bosh has just as much of a Defensive presence as AB....look at the Stats...men lie,woman lie..numbers dont!!

and with that being said...this trade will also attract other vets to want to come in a get a ship wit kobe...examples..SHAQ and T-mac...just imagine How solid our bench will b with the signing of them 2....

Bosh would had to prove it to me because Raptor fans I ran into are calling him soft as well.

RollinDeep
06-29-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm on the fence with this proposed trade, we do solve our point guard issue, and add an all-star to the starting lineup. But losing Lamar off the bench will hurt.

DownUnder
06-29-2010, 08:17 PM

I'v read your stats and it shows me a good offensive player that's it. Stats don't nescesarily lie, but they sometimes paint a biased view. Show me the defensive rebounds. Show me the comparison of Bynum to their other 'C' in Bargiani. Show meth win-loss record with him at certain positions and with certain players. Stats canmask the real story as well.

Why does Bosh coming to the World Champs enthuse star vets more than just the World Champs themselves. As the team is constructed they are Champions. Who is to say or predict what it will be like wih Bosh. Take Bynum out and put Gasol to the 5 and Bosh to the 4 and watch them come at Gasol. And with Bosh, a known offensive player, it reduces court time for said vets. I'd rather have Shaq or JO over Bosh. At least people wont be trying to posterise our C all night long.

Its a BS trade that will never happen and as shown by gr824 can't happen.

albertc86
06-29-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm on the fence with this proposed trade, we do solve our point guard issue, and add an all-star to the starting lineup. But losing Lamar off the bench will hurt.

That's why they're looking into free agents, as well.

lowdown32
06-29-2010, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=lowdown32;13859477]

But Bosh is very consistent player and a constant threat. Odom only constant is that he is inconsistent and lacks fire!

and has bad taste in women

robdizzle3
06-29-2010, 09:02 PM

Agreed. Odom and Bynum should be able to pull away more than just Bosh and Jack. They are very good players and we give awya our anchor and best 6th man, who can start for any team, for a guy who will hinder our defense. I like Bosh, but im not giving away both Bynum and Odom. Maybe Odom and a filler, but not both. The Raptors are gonna take anything they can and no team will offer better than Odom by himself, let alone Bynum and Odom.

TRASH!!! TRASH!!!! TRASH!!!!

albertc86
06-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Agreed. Odom and Bynum should be able to pull away more than just Bosh and Jack. They are very good players and we give awya our anchor and best 6th man, who can start for any team, for a guy who will hinder our defense. I like Bosh, but im not giving away both Bynum and Odom. Maybe Odom and a filler, but not both. The Raptors are gonna take anything they can and no team will offer better than Odom by himself, let alone Bynum and Odom.

TRASH!!! TRASH!!!! TRASH!!!!

:facepalm:. You mustn't be so shortsighted. You have to open your mind to the free agents which Mitch is doing if this rumor is true. If the Lakers were to give up Odom and Bynum for Bosh and Jack, and no other moves were made for the duration of the season, then it would be ill-advised, but that's not the case. The Lakers are looking into the free agents too. It's much easier to attract free agents when you offer them good minutes off the bench. As it stands right now, the Lakers have essentially five big names on the roster in Kobe, Pau, Odom, Artest and Bynum. For a veteran looking for a ring and wanting to contribute greatly, having one less big name on the roster will make it that more attractive.

Anilyzer
06-29-2010, 09:10 PM

Bosh AB
PPG 24.0
RPG 10.8
APG 2.4
SPG 0.6
BPG 1.0
FG% 0.518
FT% 0.797
3P% 0.364
MPG 36.1

Agree. Also, did you notice that Jarrett Jack's career numbers for shooting, are .453 FG% and .357 3PT%

To me that says good shot selection and consistent.

Also it should be obvious OBVIOUS to everyone that Bosh >> Odom. And much younger.

robdizzle3
06-29-2010, 09:23 PM
:facepalm:. You mustn't be so shortsighted. You have to open your mind to the free agents which Mitch is doing if this rumor is true. If the Lakers were to give up Odom and Bynum for Bosh and Jack, and no other moves were made for the duration of the season, then it would be ill-advised, but that's not the case. The Lakers are looking into the free agents too. It's much easier to attract free agents when you offer them good minutes off the bench. As it stands right now, the Lakers have essentially five big names on the roster in Kobe, Pau, Odom, Artest and Bynum. For a veteran looking for a ring and wanting to contribute greatly, having one less big name on the roster will make it that more attractive.

This is just a bad trade in my eyes. We dont need offense that badly for us to abandon defense. Now, if Mitch isnt sure about Drew, then Im cool with that, but he doesnt have to throw Odom in, because the Raptors are getting the better end of that deal. The Raptors have to sign and trade, so they woould just be happt with LO in return, but to give up both is and will be a mistake, especially since there is no big man other tha Haywood and Shaq that will be a big help and Haywood will likely be retained and we kno how Kobe is with Shaq. No facepalm needed buddy.

CHAD27
06-29-2010, 09:26 PM
i pull the trigger on the trade, for one reason.....baby benoit aka andrew bynum. The guy has not only not lived up to expectation, but has been hurt every year. I love the quote by bill simmons at the beginning of the season when he said that the lakers will win but only if certain things don't happen, one of which was a meteor hitting bynum's knees.

1 - the lakers are looking for a pg and if we got bosh and jack in the trade, then that frees up our mle (probably around $5m) and our lle/vet exemp (probably around $1m) to shore up the bench. Believe me some one like steve blake, ronnie brewer, or ray felton is going to take up the mle. Jack is just as good as raymond and better than ronnie and steve, and around the same age.

2 - bosh and jack > ab and lo. Here is why, bosh is certainly going to out produce ab. 24ppg/11rpg vs 15ppg/8rpg, a gain of 9ppg/3rpg. As well jack would be an upgrade to fish (or anyone else for that matter). 11ppg/5apg vs 7ppg/2.5apg, a gain of 4ppg/2.5apg. But we are going to lose lo and he will probably be replaced with walton. In walton's best year he averaged 11ppg / 5rpg /4apg needing 33mpg to get those stats. Last year lo averaged 11ppg / 10rpg / 3apg in 32mpg. If walton is healthy i think he help fill the void that lo leaves behind.

3 - in this scenario, we still have the mle and the lle to shore up the bench. Sign shaq with the lle, and that leaves us with the mle to sign t-mac.

Imagine the line up:

Pau/shaq
bosh / powell
artest / walton
kobe / t-mac
jack / fish-sasha

love everything except the fact that you want to sign shaq! Hell no!!!!!!!

Raidaz4Life
06-29-2010, 09:28 PM
This is just a bad trade in my eyes. We dont need offense that badly for us to abandon defense. Now, if Mitch isnt sure about Drew, then Im cool with that, but he doesnt have to throw Odom in, because the Raptors are getting the better end of that deal. The Raptors have to sign and trade, so they woould just be happt with LO in return, but to give up both is and will be a mistake, especially since there is no big man other tha Haywood and Shaq that will be a big help and Haywood will likely be retained and we kno how Kobe is with Shaq. No facepalm needed buddy.

I don't get why everyone thinks we will be abandoning defense if we trade for Bosh? We were 5th in the league in opponent fg% with Bynum missing quite a bit of the season, so obviously we are still a good defensive team without Bynum. Gasol and Bosh are better defensively than Gasol and Odom. If we really wanted D we could sign Darko as a back up who is a very solid defender.

Cooper
06-29-2010, 09:32 PM
I can't believe that people are considering this....actually, I can't believe I read this entire thread! Might I remind you that the Lakers begin the free agency period with an 83 million dollar payroll. Signing players for more than the mle, or the vet min is not something we can even do...let alone taking on a max contract plus another 4.8 million....then doubling that!

I read this on HoopsHype this morning. The likelyhood of this taking place is roughly the same as giving Morrison 8 million to come back! Just because there is very little to talk about, lets not get carried away....

Raidaz4Life
06-29-2010, 09:33 PM
I can't believe that people are considering this....actually, I can't believe I read this entire thread! Might I remind you that the Lakers begin the free agency period with an 83 million dollar payroll. Signing players for more than the mle, or the vet min is not something we can even do...let alone taking on a max contract plus another 4.8 million....then doubling that!

I read this on HoopsHype this morning. The likelyhood of this taking place is roughly the same as giving Morrison 8 million to come back! Just because there is very little to talk about, lets not get carried away....

You do realizing we would be dropping a 14 mil and 8-9 mil dollar contract as well right?

still1ballin
06-29-2010, 09:36 PM
I just don't feel comfortable doing this. We owe Bynum one. He could of easily been selfish and sat out the whole playoffs let alone the finals and we lose, but that guy put everything on the line, the chance of getting injured even worse, playing with the pain, all the treatments for the TEAM, and we trade him like this? Now that is ****ed up.

thedon01
06-29-2010, 09:37 PM
i think the reason why the lakers are thinking about this type of deal is because they are'nt confident Bynum can stay healthy and will earn the money they're paying him. They watched Odom play ****** in the finals and wonder why they are forking over the cash for him as well. I think Buss wants to reduce payroll or at least pay players what they are worth, so they're thinking about Bosh being able to produce and stay healthy.

It's a gamble imo but i wish he had more info on Bynum's health before they push for this trade and is it possible to add a solid back up who can fill in for Bynum? i hope thats the route they go before they pursue bosh.

robdizzle3
06-29-2010, 09:38 PM
I don't get why everyone thinks we will be abandoning defense if we trade for Bosh? We were 5th in the league in opponent fg% with Bynum missing quite a bit of the season, so obviously we are still a good defensive team without Bynum. Gasol and Bosh are better defensively than Gasol and Odom. If we really wanted D we could sign Darko as a back up who is a very solid defender.

It matters when we get into the playoffs and we will need size. Pau and Bosh in the same lineup will hinder us IMO. I wouldnt mind just trading one or the other, but not both. We lose alot IMO. Odom is the man off the bench and we could get more than just Bosh and Jack, especially adding both of them.

thedon01
06-29-2010, 09:38 PM

once your over the cap you can trade dollars for dollars though

albertc86
06-29-2010, 09:40 PM

It just seems as though everyone who opposes this trade thinks that the Lakers will be a team of dwarves if they give away Odom and Bynum. We've grown accustomed to having three big on the floor, but if this trade occurs, we'll have two just like everyone else. the way I see it is --- Boston won't be going to the finals next year and the Lakers still have Orlando's number. Boston was the only team, in my opinion, that the Lakers really needed their size. Will the Lakers be abandoning their defense? No. Bell could be signed or a number of decent defenders. Or, the Lakers might be looking to be more fast paced and sign a shooter. Whatever the case may be, I'm sure Mitch has something else planned, if this rumor is in fact true.

Cooper
06-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Bynum is at 13.8 next year....Odom at 8.2

...unless someone thinks that Bosh will settle for less than a max contract, he will be around 20 mil.

Listening to gr824's explanation that its possible that the salaries could match for Bosh/ Bynum...why even involve Odom?

Days after Mitch says the core is "untouchable", he turns around and trades away 1/3 of it? Sorry....not buying it.

robdizzle3
06-29-2010, 09:47 PM
It just seems as though everyone who opposes this trade thinks that the Lakers will be a team of dwarves if they give away Odom and Bynum. We've grown accustomed to having three big on the floor, but if this trade occurs, we'll have two just like everyone else. the way I see it is --- Boston won't be going to the finals next year and the Lakers still have Orlando's number. Boston was the only team, in my opinion, that the Lakers really needed their size. Will the Lakers be abandoning their defense? No. Bell could be signed or a number of decent defenders. Or, the Lakers might be looking to be more fast paced and sign a shooter. Whatever the case may be, I'm sure Mitch has something else planned, if this rumor is in fact true.

I think this is where some people are getting me wrong. Im not worried that Bosh and Gasol cant play together or anything like that and yeah, we will still have "Bigs", but not fully. Bynum is a "center" and has the size of one and it affects players. Players like Big Baby just cant bully their way in and grab anything they want, but it can happen when you got the smaller forwards playing center, like Gasol or Bosh, because they dont have the mass. If they would only let one go, I would be fine with all that, but not both.

robdizzle3
06-29-2010, 09:49 PM

...unless someone thinks that Bosh will settle for less than a max contract, he will be around 20 mil.

Listening to gr824's explanation that its possible that the salaries could match for Bosh/ Bynum...why even involve Odom?

Days after Mitch says the core is "untouchable", he turns around and trades away 1/3 of it? Sorry....not buying it.

This is exactly what im saying here.

Raidaz4Life
06-29-2010, 09:50 PM

I don't think mitch or anyone else accounted for the fact that Buss is not pleased with Odom and I would assume Bynum.

albertc86
06-29-2010, 09:51 PM
I think this is where some people are getting me wrong. Im not worried that Bosh and Gasol cant play together or anything like that and yeah, we will still have "Bigs", but not fully. Bynum is a "center" and has the size of one and it affects players. Players like Big Baby just cant bully their way in and grab anything they want, but it can happen when you got the smaller forwards playing center, like Gasol or Bosh, because they dont have the mass. If they would only let one go, I would be fine with all that, but not both.

I agree with regard to Big Baby. Bynum's presence was greatly needed against Davis and Perkins. I don't see Boston in the title hunt next year if they don't secure Pierce and Allen.

Cooper
06-29-2010, 10:02 PM
I don't think mitch or anyone else accounted for the fact that Buss is not pleased with Odom and I would assume Bynum.

link?

Teeboy1487
06-29-2010, 10:10 PM
I just don't feel comfortable doing this. We owe Bynum one. He could of easily been selfish and sat out the whole playoffs let alone the finals and we lose, but that guy put everything on the line, the chance of getting injured even worse, playing with the pain, all the treatments for the TEAM, and we trade him like this? Now that is ****ed up.
I agree man. He put a lot on the line for the team. He deserves at least one more year to prove to us he can stay healthy.

jrands
06-29-2010, 10:19 PM
This would be a terrible trade. Bosh is good, but not that good.

albertc86
06-29-2010, 10:25 PM
This would be a terrible trade. Bosh is good, but not that good.

In Bosh's defense, Pau and KG didn't do well when they were the go-to guy either.

majmarcus
06-29-2010, 10:28 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

mstrdrk
06-29-2010, 10:36 PM
I agree man. He put a lot on the line for the team. He deserves at least one more year to prove to us he can stay healthy.

Unfortunately, this is the best time to trade Bynum. Yes, I can understand the sentiment of being loyal to someone who played injured but let's put it this way. Even if he has a big season next year (a big IF considering his history), if his knee gets injured again (not a big IF considering his history), he becomes untradeable. The Lakers will have to eat his contract and they'll be screwed with the salary cap for a long time. This is the time for the Lakers to win a few more championships because Kobe's window is starting to close. His finger may never be the same. His knee may need a third surgery. If you want to continue this run, you need to get Kobe help and not just mascara-help.

Besides, while none of our opinions really matter, what may be telling is that the FO may actually be considering this deal. You don't think they asked Kobe about trading Lamar and Bynum before considering it? You think Kobe wants to face a Lebron-Bosh or a Lebron-Bosh-Wade team? He himself said in his post game conference that he didn't want to think about playing that team because he knows how good the players are. I think in Kobe's eyes, there's only two untouchables...Pau and Derek....well, and Phil. Everyone else beyond that is fair game.

COBY KARL
06-29-2010, 10:40 PM
i hope Odom doesn't get traded :pray:

still1ballin
06-29-2010, 10:44 PM
Unfortunately, this is the best time to trade Bynum. Yes, I can understand the sentiment of being loyal to someone who played injured but let's put it this way. Even if he has a big season next year (a big IF considering his history), if his knee gets injured again (not a big IF considering his history), he becomes untradeable. The Lakers will have to eat his contract and they'll be screwed with the salary cap for a long time. This is the time for the Lakers to win a few more championships because Kobe's window is starting to close. His finger may never be the same. His knee may need a third surgery. If you want to continue this run, you need to get Kobe help and not just mascara-help.

Besides, while none of our opinions really matter, what may be telling is that the FO may actually be considering this deal. You don't think they asked Kobe about trading Lamar and Bynum before considering it? You think Kobe wants to face a Lebron-Bosh or a Lebron-Bosh-Wade team? He himself said in his post game conference that he didn't want to think about playing that team because he knows how good the players are. I think in Kobe's eyes, there's only two untouchables...Pau and Derek....well, and Phil. Everyone else beyond that is fair game.

Thats not what he meant. The reporter asked him about the idea facing them and yeah he said he didn't want to think about that, because he just went threw a tough 7 game series and just won his 5th ring. The last thing you wanna think is facing another team regardless who it is. He just wanted to enjoy the moment. You know Kobe will never back down to any challenge.

Marques24kobe
06-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Ill use Brian Cashman's saying here: Id rather get rid of guy 1 or 2 years early then a year or two late.

And thats what I believe with either one of these guys. Not that they are good or can help out this team tremendously now, but that if Bynum gets hurt again or LO's numbers go down again, you wouldn't be able to trade them for a young all star.

Better to sell high then to sell low.

ldawg
06-29-2010, 10:59 PM
nah he played hard because there were trade rumors him for Bosh and he thinks its his last chance for a ring. Lakers don't owe him anything. He got paid he did not play for free he won another ring, he felt bad being hurt 3 straight years. Bosh and Jack welcome to showtime bring your a game with you. A pg and a pf that has not peek? i don't see why not. At 83 mill La bench need rehab and their back court is Dated it was enough to win this year with the starting five putting the team on their back but Going for 3 straight will take a toll on the obvious aging Bryant, Fisher and a 3 time hobbled Bynum. Never in history was Bryant this worn in the 4th Quarter in 4 straight games He totally vanished in game 7. Yes they will miss Bynum size but they will make up for it. Jack,Kobe,Artest,Bosh,Pau would go down as one of the best starting 5 in history. This team can be legit contenders for say 5 Maybe 6 years but as they stand now 1 maybe 2 then its all down hill. The core would be over the hill. Pau would be La best player and we all saw how that went in Memphis. This Trade give Kobe life in the Back court and a two Legit 20 and 10 guys up front. All the other player that came in with Kobe has Fallen off and Kobe can't be to far behind. Bynum and Kobe both may be out for the start on next season.

Penetra8r
06-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Lakers would get hosed if they did this

shep33
06-29-2010, 11:12 PM
I'd rather have CP3 and Okafor for Odom, Bynum, and Sasha. At least we get a solid big back, and a top 2 point guard in this league.

ldawg
06-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Lakers would get hosed if they did this
When Bynum goes down again which history said he will every one is going to say i wish we did this trade.

ldawg
06-29-2010, 11:42 PM
I'd rather have CP3 and Okafor for Odom, Bynum, and Sasha. At least we get a solid big back, and a top 2 point guard in this league.Cp3 and Kobe Won't Work like i think Wade and Lebron won't. Cp3 will hate the triangle if Jackson stays. Him and kobe will broke every play. Jack is a Young fisher but can play the point, shoot Create for himself and others if needed. If Lakers want to keep Bynum they can always trade Sasha for Jack straight up. then sign Bell, J Oneal and Rasul Butler, Tmac or Miller

Iceman_9
06-30-2010, 12:01 AM
no way.. ill only do that trade if it is for LBJ.

deadman8586
06-30-2010, 12:09 AM
When Bynum goes down again which history said he will every one is going to say i wish we did this trade.

Fix the bench because no Odom=bench even worse. Also Smith's stories are always crap.

deadman8586
06-30-2010, 12:11 AM
Cp3 and Kobe Won't Work like i think Wade and Lebron won't. Cp3 will hate the triangle if Jackson stays. Him and kobe will broke every play. Jack is a Young fisher but can play the point, shoot Create for himself and others if needed. If Lakers want to keep Bynum they can always trade Sasha for Jack straight up. then sign Bell, J Oneal and Rasul Butler, Tmac or Miller

That's what we have been trying to tell you we need a PG so make it simple please.

Rai8drz
06-30-2010, 12:21 AM
:clap::clap::clap:
nah he played hard because there were trade rumors him for Bosh and he thinks its his last chance for a ring. Lakers don't owe him anything. He got paid he did not play for free he won another ring, he felt bad being hurt 3 straight years. Bosh and Jack welcome to showtime bring your a game with you. A pg and a pf that has not peek? i don't see why not. At 83 mill La bench need rehab and their back court is Dated it was enough to win this year with the starting five putting the team on their back but Going for 3 straight will take a toll on the obvious aging Bryant, Fisher and a 3 time hobbled Bynum. Never in history was Bryant this worn in the 4th Quarter in 4 straight games He totally vanished in game 7. Yes they will miss Bynum size but they will make up for it. Jack,Kobe,Artest,Bosh,Pau would go down as one of the best starting 5 in history. This team can be legit contenders for say 5 Maybe 6 years but as they stand now 1 maybe 2 then its all down hill. The core would be over the hill. Pau would be La best player and we all saw how that went in Memphis. This Trade give Kobe life in the Back court and a two Legit 20 and 10 guys up front. All the other player that came in with Kobe has Fallen off and Kobe can't be to far behind. Bynum and Kobe both may be out for the start on next season.

Raven19
06-30-2010, 12:28 AM
hell no..

shep33
06-30-2010, 12:39 AM
Cp3 and Kobe Won't Work like i think Wade and Lebron won't. Cp3 will hate the triangle if Jackson stays. Him and kobe will broke every play. Jack is a Young fisher but can play the point, shoot Create for himself and others if needed. If Lakers want to keep Bynum they can always trade Sasha for Jack straight up. then sign Bell, J Oneal and Rasul Butler, Tmac or Miller

My post was pretty bad, I really meant it in a way that I don't want either trade, but hypothetically I'd take the CP3 deal cause we'd get atleast Okafor back too, who is more defensive minded.

But I agree, we don't need Bosh, we just need good bench players.

Gimme, one of Miller/Tmac/Barnes/Bell with one of Ridnour/Blake, and a decent vetran big, and we'd be by far and away the best team in basketball (which we already are)

epizo1
06-30-2010, 12:45 AM
It's really funny how easily the word 'inconsistent' is thrown around when speaking about a back to back champion. No matter how you slice it and dice it ever player has a stake in the trophy they just won. Throw all the stats out there and the 'injuries' all you want but this team, the current team is proven. They were challenged on a defensive level in Game 7 like hasn't been seen since the late 80's early 90's by arguably the best defensive team in the last decade, maybe two decades, the Celtics. And guess what is scary? The Lakers met that defensive intensity. Why the heck do I want to break that up.

A lot of you keep saying Bynum might get hurt again and I say what if he doesn't. Will he play 82 games. Probably not. Does Odom take days off? Sure. But I wouldn't trade either one of them for a guy that people keep lumping in with LeBron and Wade. He is not at their level. He had talent in Toronto this year around him and did nothing with it. Bosh? Turk? Calderon? They didn't make the playoffs? In the East? C'mon, let's get real! He wants to be the 'it' guy and can't even make the playoffs.

Give me suffocating 'D' any day. Give me chemistry any day.

Avenged
06-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Hey Avenged 24 The sky is falling. Do you believe that?

:eyebrow: Seriously, I post this so people can discuss it and guess what? It worked. Hard to bet on 13 pages deep. It's the offseason and rumors are flying left and right. If you can look through any of my posts that says I absolutely believe this, let me know. Next time save yourself a post.

Avenged
06-30-2010, 12:55 AM
My post was pretty bad, I really meant it in a way that I don't want either trade, but hypothetically I'd take the CP3 deal cause we'd get atleast Okafor back too, who is more defensive minded.

But I agree, we don't need Bosh, we just need good bench players.

Gimme, one of Miller/Tmac/Barnes/Bell with one of Ridnour/Blake, and a decent vetran big, and we'd be by far and away the best team in basketball (which we already are)

Agree with this. Bosh isn't need at all. We've won back to back titles with Bynum and Odom, there really isn't any reason to let BOTH of them go. I like the sounds of Bosh joining the Lakers but not at the expense of letting 2 guys of our core go.

The bolded statement is right now. I'm not so sold on Barnes, but T-mac if he can stay healthy for the season, he would be great for us. Miller/Bell/Ridnour/Blake would also definitely help.

BlueCrew2009
06-30-2010, 01:14 AM
I think this trade would hurt us more than help us. Our advantage against a lot of the teams was our length. No team was able to combat with a 7 foot Bynum, 7 foot Gasol and 6-10 Odom. We'd be giving away 2 skilled big guys for 1 big guy who I'm not so sure would fit in on this team being a 3rd option. I hope that's just a rumor.

jrolfedrev
06-30-2010, 01:26 AM
This is just a smokescreen as front office deal never really on the open. I think they will keep LO and Bynum, it's the bench they are adding pieces when Farmar, Ammo most likely be gone as well as Brown if he chooses the cash. DJ and Josh will be gone as well with two 2nd rounder can be had for cheap. I just relax in the off-season watch the play-offs run again and just wait for Mitch Magic Wand...

aerion123
06-30-2010, 01:47 AM
Raptors look at Bosh sign-and-trade options
By Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports Staff
2 hours, 57 minutes ago
Email Print
The Toronto Raptors have begun to assess which players they would try to obtain in potential sign-and-trade transactions involving free-agent forward Chris Bosh(notes).

Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo told a Toronto radio station he thinks Bosh “likely” will leave the team. Should Bosh decide to sign elsewhere, Colangelo also said the Raptors will try to engage in a sign-and-trade deal to bring the franchise some measure of compensation.

Sources said the Raptors will try to acquire draft picks and young players in return for Bosh. They would likely ask for forward Michael Beasley(notes) and point guard Mario Chalmers(notes) in any deal with the Miami Heat. If Bosh were to go to the Chicago Bulls, the Raptors like forward Taj Gibson(notes) and center Joakim Noah(notes), though Noah could prove impossible to pry from Chicago. If Bosh settles on the New York Knicks, the Raptors would try to engage in a double sign-and-trade that sends Knicks forward David Lee(notes) to Toronto.

Sources called a potential sign-and-trade with the Los Angeles Lakers “doubtful.”

Bosh has most commonly been linked to the Heat and Bulls, where he could join either Dwyane Wade(notes) or LeBron James(notes), if not both. Agent Henry Thomas, who represents both Bosh and Wade, denied a report the two had met together with James over the weekend in Miami. But, Thomas said, the three have talked frequently about their futures. Sources said Amar’e Stoudemire(notes), Carlos Boozer(notes) and Joe Johnson(notes) have also discussed various scenarios with their fellow free agents. Denver Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony(notes) and New Orleans Hornets point guard Chris Paul(notes) have joined the conversations, as well.

Wade has made clear he won’t commit to re-signing with the Heat until he knows which other players will be joining him.

“That’s always been part of the decision,” Thomas said. “Obviously, Miami along with other teams, has a plan that they would like to execute. He’s going to listen to that plan and probably take the opportunity to listen to other plans.”

Wade and Bosh will reportedly meet with the Knicks and New Jersey Nets in New York shortly after the start of free agency. Thomas wouldn’t confirm any appointments, but said it’s possible Wade and Bosh could decide to meet with teams together.

“Their friendship is good,” Thomas said. “As a result of going through this experience, their relationship will be a lot stronger.”

James’ representative, Leon Rose, shares the same agency, CAA, as Thomas.

“It would be unrealistic to assume we won’t be having discussions about this,” Thomas said. “One of the things that will be to our advantage, that we will have, is information. We’re in the same company so information will be shared.”

rasajr23
06-30-2010, 01:53 AM
I really do feel that the Lakers will make a move. Now which move I dont know.. I do feel that Dirk should be involved in the conversations... He has size and shoots the hell out of the ball which would spread the floor. The only other person that I feel would work out well is Turk.. He has the size, passes the ball very well and can shoot lights out(even though they didnt see much of it in Toronto). Now in order for any of this to work Bynum is guaranteed to be moved. Farmar will most likely get signed and then traded along with Bynum. Odom I dont see the move happening unless there is something behind the scenes that the front office does not like. I do believe Walton will be shopped but not sure if there will be any takers. It would be nice to know who will be our coach so that we know what type of offense to look forward to. One last thing for any of you that say "It would be a horrible move to get this player or that player cause they have never been passed the 2nd round or havent been in the playoffs before"... All I have to say is Ron Artest is a great example of the hunger some players have to win it all... I would be ok with any trade including Bynum and Odom but it better make sense and it better make us a better team.

Penetra8r
06-30-2010, 02:59 AM

:D

And when Bynum gets the nod to the starting center of the West All Stars this coming season we all are gonna say thank god, I'm glad we didnt trade him. :D

Bynum showed toughness to play through pain during the playoffs. I feel both of his injuries against Memphis were freak in nature, stepping on the foot of Odom and dislocating his kneecap and Kobes accidental bump...

robdizzle3
06-30-2010, 03:35 AM
Honestly, if there was any trade, it would be Odom for Bosh and that may be ideal for us. Odom doesnt really play consistent and Bosh can be that go to guy off the bench or starting with Drew coming off the bench, so we can save his health, plus adding a big like Joel Anthony or Shaq would help that as well.

kid24
06-30-2010, 05:38 AM
not worth it what if we let bynum go and he never gets hurt again. we'll be kicking are selfs in the but. if we were'nt the champs maybe you would consider but no thanks.

swinjas
06-30-2010, 05:46 AM
and what about trading Nowitzki and JJ-Barea for odom and bynum ??

if we can afford bosh then we can afford nowitzki 2.

and i think he's much better then bosh.

how would he fit in the triangle ??

Raidaz4Life
06-30-2010, 07:22 AM
and what about trading Nowitzki and JJ-Barea for odom and bynum ??

if we can afford bosh then we can afford nowitzki 2.

and i think he's much better then bosh.

how would he fit in the triangle ??

I guarantee Mark Cuban doesn't trade his favorite player to the Lakers.

Margie
06-30-2010, 10:01 AM
Bynum Stay's.

Kobe2324
06-30-2010, 10:03 AM
I would do that trade for Odom or bynum but not both, thats just ridiculous, we already have the best PF why add another similar player, just need a solid big vet and a PG that can handle the ball and maybe on good spark plug off the bench to help out odom.

Margie
06-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Kobe 2324 Bynum will stay. Also what the hell are you saying.

aerion123
06-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Honestly, if there was any trade, it would be Odom for Bosh and that may be ideal for us. Odom doesnt really play consistent and Bosh can be that go to guy off the bench or starting with Drew coming off the bench, so we can save his health, plus adding a big like Joel Anthony or Shaq would help that as well.

Odom for Bosh?:facepalm:

Raidaz4Life
06-30-2010, 11:02 AM
Odom for Bosh would never work contractually.

jonesyLakeShow
06-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Would you guys trade for Carmello...Denver is willing to trade him if he doesnt sign extension ...just a thought and rumor. my wish list
Bosh/Powell/MBenga
Gasol/D.Gooden
Artest/Outlaw
Bryant/R.Bell
S.Blake/Fisher
Kobe's contract is a problem if we dont get a sign and trade we are going to be over paying current players on bench or signing bad bench players.He is gonna have to sacrifice that would make him loyal.With him pau and artest under conract in 3 years its 57 million for 3 players who the hell are we gonna sign then 10 people with 2 mill contracts to be under cap. Its all good cause we are winning championships the law changes for them but not when they lose ..Luxury tax will destroy them

Hunter48MVP
06-30-2010, 11:42 AM
Sources called a potential sign-and-trade with the Los Angeles Lakers “doubtful.”.

Lakeshow86
06-30-2010, 11:54 AM
I think many of you are missing the big picture. Yes, If Bynum is guaranteed to be healthy no way you make this trade. Good 7 foot 290 pound centers dont come around everyday. But Bynum has serious questions with his knees. He's had problems ever since high school and has only been Completly healthy maybe 35% of the time. Would you rather have a healthy Bosh or Bynum sitting on the bench in a suit? The lakers have Bynum under contract for many years and dont want to be stuck with a 15 million dollar player sitting on the bench. As far as Jack and Odom being in the deal, i think people might be undervalueing Jack. If you look at their numbers Jack is similair to production to Odom. Will we lose our size advantage? We never really used it before because we just went to 3 finals and 2 championships where Bynum was hardly there. We dont really need Bynum. Sign shaq if you want a Bigman to replace the size of Bynum.

Margie
06-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Bosh will not wear purple and gold.

Lakeshow86
06-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Jack averaged 11 points in 27 minutes this year. If he plays 40 minutes he would average 17-18 points a game. Jack is a pretty damn good player. He just doesnt play that many minutes

kobeonekenobe
06-30-2010, 12:45 PM
I think some people here are forgetting that its the system teams play and the other players around them which contribute to players numbers per game. Noah was a 20 and 10 guy on the raptors because he had to be. He wouldn't average that playing in the frontcourt next to pau. There isn't enough shots to go round. Same as jack, he wouldnt get close to 5 asts playing in a triangle offence. I havnt even mentioned kobe yet. The offence plays through him. He'll want his 20 shots per night.... U watch lebrons averages drop of he ends up on the same team as wade or bosh

Avenged
06-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Odom for Bosh would never work contractually.

Seriously though, some people are really underrating Bosh. I mean, Odom for Bosh? Hmm..

The Raven
06-30-2010, 12:58 PM
Jack averaged 11 points in 27 minutes this year. If he plays 40 minutes he would average 17-18 points a game. Jack is a pretty damn good player. He just doesnt play that many minutes

i wouldnt mind him as our starter.

Bosh on the other hand, well even though he's an all star id still rather have Bynum because like i have said before, how is he gonna be able to defend at center against a person say like Dwight

Raidaz4Life
06-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Seriously though, some people are really underrating Bosh. I mean, Odom for Bosh? Hmm..

I agree... as I said... name me 1 player in the past 10 years that has averaged 24 points and 11 rebounds a game and won't be considered an all time great when its all said and done... Odom is nothing at this point because he is nothing more than an over glorified ball handler.

Raidaz4Life
06-30-2010, 01:07 PM
I think some people here are forgetting that its the system teams play and the other players around them which contribute to players numbers per game. Noah was a 20 and 10 guy on the raptors because he had to be. He wouldn't average that playing in the frontcourt next to pau. There isn't enough shots to go round. Same as jack, he wouldnt get close to 5 asts playing in a triangle offence. I havnt even mentioned kobe yet. The offence plays through him. He'll want his 20 shots per night.... U watch lebrons averages drop of he ends up on the same team as wade or bosh

I think that excuse only holds up for inefficient scorers like AI. Bosh was the only consistent source of offense for Toronto all year... meaning teams go in focused on shutting him down yet he still averaged 24 PPG off of an extremely efficient 52% from the field and 80% from the line. Those numbers could easily translate over to the Lakers. The same thing could be said about Pau, his numbers are nearly exactly the same as they were in memphis even though he was the only person on their team that could score. People need to start being more open minded about this and stop using these flimsy excuses as to why it wouldn't work.

That being said it looks as if Bosh is going to Miami anyways so you guys have nothing to worry about... but if Lebron joins him then we sure do.

kobeonekenobe
06-30-2010, 01:37 PM
I think that excuse only holds up for inefficient scorers like AI. Bosh was the only consistent source of offense for Toronto all year... meaning teams go in focused on shutting him down yet he still averaged 24 PPG off of an extremely efficient 52% from the field and 80% from the line. Those numbers could easily translate over to the Lakers. The same thing could be said about Pau, his numbers are nearly exactly the same as they were in memphis even though he was the only person on their team that could score. People need to start being more open minded about this and stop using these flimsy excuses as to why it wouldn't work.

That being said it looks as if Bosh is going to Miami anyways so you guys have nothing to worry about... but if Lebron joins him then we sure do.

Yeh but what I'm saying is it would b impossible for bosh to ave those numbers on the lakere without Sum1 else's dropping. It's impossible for 2 players to avg 20-10 as well as kobe getting his usual 26 5 5

Raidaz4Life
06-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Yeh but what I'm saying is it would b impossible for bosh to ave those numbers on the lakere without Sum1 else's dropping. It's impossible for 2 players to avg 20-10 as well as kobe getting his usual 26 5 5

I don't think it would be THAT crazy especially considering that Bynum and Odom would be gone. they together averaged 25 PPG. Then of course Farmar and Brown will be gone as well.

But I think the biggest reason that Bosh would still be able to put up 20 points is primarily that without Bynum we are more of a fast paced team and would therefore receive more offensive possessions because we would push the ball more and score quicker. More possessions=more points.

jonesyLakeShow
06-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Lets trade Bynum and Luke walton For OJ mayo and marc gasol maybe we'll throw them and draft pick

jonesyLakeShow
06-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Please lets sign shaq lol anything better than him going back to miami to be their center and team up with bosh and wade or possibly LBJ you know who would coach that team...anyone wanna guess lol

Hellcrooner
06-30-2010, 02:33 PM
horrible idea, if we send both odom and bynum we have 0 bnch for itnerior positions.

alsoo if we are dealingf both i need CaldEROn not jac, back

myqntab
06-30-2010, 04:17 PM
horrible idea, if we send both odom and bynum we have 0 bnch for itnerior positions.

of course you do....

Bruno
06-30-2010, 04:34 PM
If the Lakers make this deal happen it proves the have zero faith in Bynum staying healthy long term. When you look at it from the perspective that hey- Bynums never going to be the player he can be because of health... it's a good trade. I'm still against it.

Lost Art
06-30-2010, 04:54 PM
if we do this trade we're done as champs, bottom line

Makakiluminati
06-30-2010, 06:43 PM

Odom for Bosh? Blahahahahhaha! Chris Bosh is an MVP calibur player that's only 23 and is not only a starter, he's an all star starter. He would rather play for the T-Wolves then play off our bench.

Let's not make any more jokes guys, be serious :cool:

gr824
06-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Odom for Bosh? Blahahahahhaha! Chris Bosh is an MVP calibur player that's only 23 and is not only a starter, he's an all star starter. He would rather play for the T-Wolves then play off our bench.

Bosh is 26 ...

rhjr06
06-30-2010, 07:01 PM

cmon twolves vs the lakers!! even it is the bench think abt it!! its a no brainer....ahhh 40 mins n starting vs coming of the bench 25-30 mins n a ring with the lakes!!!

John408
06-30-2010, 07:13 PM
I'd do the deal. Odom is such an underachiever and Bynum is prone to injury.

PG
Kobe
Artest
Bosh
Gasol

thats still championship material to me.

Bynum is helpful, but he plays half the time.

clyde3218
06-30-2010, 07:30 PM

I'd do the deal, I really wouldnt want to give up LO. But I have an open mind and unless they sign Haywood they shouldnt give up LO for basically Jack. We can get a pg in free agency. But if we did get Haywood and another bench player (Bell, TMac, Salmons, Miller, or whoever) our bench would be better. That would be three qaulity guys coming off the bench (Fisher included) so KB24 wouldnt have to do so much! Also two or three of our stars can rest and say Bosh can still be on the floor and we still score points so when KB24, Ron, or Pau comes back in we still have our lead or still be in the game. So yea I'd do it but a lil bit different.

myqntab
06-30-2010, 07:41 PM
cmon twolves vs the lakers!! even it is the bench think abt it!! its a no brainer....ahhh 40 mins n starting vs coming of the bench 25-30 mins n a ring with the lakes!!!

you are right....it is a no-brainer!

which is why lebron and wade will sign with us too!!!!

fresh prince
06-30-2010, 07:55 PM

I agree I dont like the deal either but has anyone taken the time to do the old:

Gasol
Bosh
Artest
Kobe
Fish/Watson ?/ Blake?

Thats pretty beastly right there!!

I still doubt this is true... just saying

robdizzle3
06-30-2010, 11:07 PM

By no means am I underrating Bosh. Im sayin that we would have the leverage in trying to pull a sign and trade, because the Raptors would have to take almost anything they can get or the best offer. Odom will probably be the best offer they would get and we would throw in some fillers, like sign Farmer and trade him as well. Bosh is a helluva player, but im not giving up both Bynum and LO for him.

deadman8586
06-30-2010, 11:20 PM
I'd do the deal. Odom is such an underachiever and Bynum is prone to injury.

PG
Kobe
Artest
Bosh
Gasol

thats still championship material to me.

Bynum is helpful, but he plays half the time.

It is not to me no bench no chance.

Glenfidish
06-30-2010, 11:31 PM
By no means am I underrating Bosh. Im sayin that we would have the leverage in trying to pull a sign and trade, because the Raptors would have to take almost anything they can get or the best offer. Odom will probably be the best offer they would get and we would throw in some fillers, like sign Farmer and trade him as well. Bosh is a helluva player, but im not giving up both Bynum and LO for him.

you have no leverage because the only way you sign bosh is through a S&T we can just let him walk if what is out there is ****** contracts. Then you would have no shot under the cap to sign him..

New Power House
06-30-2010, 11:39 PM
This rumor still alive in the NBA.com page,but they are saying that is maybe one of them. This is weird if it ever happens. If the Lakers manage to keep either Bynum or Odom is going to be the second biggest steal of the recent NBA History favoring the Champs! I will love to see the face of the haters!:D

gr824
06-30-2010, 11:48 PM
you have no leverage because the only way you sign bosh is through a S&T we can just let him walk if what is out there is ****** contracts. Then you would have no shot under the cap to sign him..

You appear to have the situation backwards ... It is the Raptors who have little or no leverage. The Lakers have won two straight titles and have been in the Finals three years consecutively. They do not have to have Bosh to insure continued success. On the other hand, Toronto certainly does not want to lose Bosh and get nothing in return [ the Cap space they would wind up with as a result of his departure would be relatively insignificant ] ...

I do not really like this trade from a Laker perspective. Nevertheless, despite my opinion of the merits of the swap, it is still very clear that the franchise with the greater position of strength in this proposed transaction is Los Angeles, not Toronto ...

robdizzle3
07-01-2010, 12:01 AM
You appear to have the situation backwards ... It is the Raptors who have little or no leverage. The Lakers have won two straight titles and have been in the Finals three years consecutively. They do not have to have Bosh to insure continued success. On the other hand, Toronto certainly does not want to lose Bosh and get nothing in return [ the Cap space they would wind up with as a result of his departure would be relatively insignificant ] ...

I do not really like this trade from a Laker perspective. Nevertheless, despite my opinion of the merits of the swap, it is still very clear that the franchise with the greater position of strength in this proposed transaction is Los Angeles, not Toronto ...

Thankis big dog, you get what im saying. I think we can just revamp this bench and from what it looks, Bosh wont be coming to LA. Ive learned to trust Mitch as I trust Frank Wren of the Braves, which is very much. He knows the right decision and has been making them over and over, but I hope he doesnt give up both.

Pau for Geico
07-01-2010, 12:01 AM
I have a feeling that Mitch is going to surprise the **** out of us with something...

New Power House
07-01-2010, 12:05 AM
I have a feeling that Mitch is going to surprise the **** out of us with something...

Either with Bosh or just bringing a set of players to make our bench a Dynasty caliber:speechless::clap: Let the phones ring!

Avenged
07-01-2010, 12:10 AM
I think this rumor has already died down.

Very unlikely this goes down, it's safe to say the majority of us aren't satisfied with this proposed deal if both Bynum and Odom are involved.

Mitch has pulled off some crazy stuff before though, so perhaps we can get Bosh/or any other top FA for cheap. ;)

Pau for Geico
07-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Either with Bosh or just bringing a set of players to make our bench a Dynasty caliber:speechless::clap: Let the phones ring!

Yeah bro...its weird...i don't get this feeling all the time. lol

I just really really feel like I'm gonna wake up in the morning to a Bosh trade. Whether it be good or bad.

Pau for Geico
07-01-2010, 12:13 AM
I really don't see the problem with Bynum and Sasha for him. As Sasha is an expiring and was rumored to go to Toronto at the trade deadline.

We add in a 1st too.

Idk man...but Chris Bosh traded to Lakers just looks right for some reason. LOL

shep33
07-01-2010, 12:14 AM
I don't think we're getting Bosh, he seems to be heading to Miami or Chicago, and honestly I'm not worried about it.

To me he's a tad overrated and doesn't fit with us anyways. I like him, but he lead a Raptors team with pretty decent talent to a below .500 record in the east. Toronto was also one of the worst defensive teams in the league last year, and he's the anchor of that defense. Gimme Drew on one leg over Bosh for defensive purposes.

I think people are forgetting that defense won us that ring last season. Drew gives us high efficiency offensively, while clogging the lane, blocking shots, and grabbing rebounds. He doesn't need a lot of shots, and he's a good teammate.

For me I'd rather keep our big 5 intact and get bench help.

JEbin
07-01-2010, 12:17 AM
you guys are missing a big point in this whole debate. it's really up to bosh himself where he's going to go

Pau for Geico
07-01-2010, 12:20 AM
He already said L.A was one of his top choices.

He was even at a Laker game vs the Suns. LOL

Avenged
07-01-2010, 12:23 AM
I don't think we're getting Bosh, he seems to be heading to Miami or Chicago, and honestly I'm not worried about it.

To me he's a tad overrated and doesn't fit with us anyways. I like him, but he lead a Raptors team with pretty decent talent to a below .500 record in the east. Toronto was also one of the worst defensive teams in the league last year, and he's the anchor of that defense. Gimme Drew on one leg over Bosh for defensive purposes.

I think people are forgetting that defense won us that ring last season. Drew gives us high efficiency offensively, while clogging the lane, blocking shots, and grabbing rebounds. He doesn't need a lot of shots, and he's a good teammate.

For me I'd rather keep our big 5 intact and get bench help.

Pretty much.

I like Bosh as a player, I actually think he'd fit in perfectly if Gasol wasn't a finesse player but he is.

It would be nice to acquire someone of Bosh's caliber but he really isn't needed. Bynum is a much better force and fit for this team while healthy.

Lost Art
07-01-2010, 12:50 AM
We are back-to-back defending champs...........Mitch would have to be a COMPLETE MORON to pull the trigger on this trade. This trade would change the entire dynamic of the team. We're golden right now, Kobe is the alpha dog, Pau is happy as the #2, Bynum is a stud when healthy, and Odom is perfectly happy as a sixth man. Throw Bosh into that equation and you subtract the #1 option off of the bench, you become an undersized team instead of an oversized team (which has been our biggest strength defensively), and you might have issues between Kobe/Bosh/Gasol sharing the rock/spotlight. This would be absolutely HORRIFIC IMO. NO DEAL!!!!

We took a HUGE risk shaking up our team last offseason by replacing Ariza with Artest (which I still think was a big mistake despite the championship), don't even think about doing it again :no:

ShadowX
07-01-2010, 01:30 AM
Its going to be a Bosh for Odumb and Walton with a few stragglers toss in like dingleberries. With Mitch's skill as a trader, the stragglers will do better than Bosh. They will go from 400K a year players to rejects who want to opt out of 2M deals to go somewhere where they will never play another playoff game.

deadman8586
07-01-2010, 04:16 AM
Its going to be a Bosh for Odumb and Walton with a few stragglers toss in like dingleberries. With Mitch's skill as a trader, the stragglers will do better than Bosh. They will go from 400K a year players to rejects who want to opt out of 2M deals to go somewhere where they will never play another playoff game.

Bosh is not even coming here so let go already.

lalalakerz09
07-01-2010, 04:52 AM
It is not to me no bench no chance.

Do you think that we beat Boston without Bynum? He changed the game even tho he didnt play as much as we all would have liked. You think Bosh would be able to deal with the likes of Perkins, Big Baby ? Bosh and or Gasol to play man to man on Howard? We have Gasol to play that role and we have Bynum to clog the middle and change shots. Bynum is going to get better. I read somewhere that he is planning to work with some conditioning guy to help him establish a better physical balance. Bynum just seems out of sync to me when he runs not very stable or something. I would let Odom be the centerpiece plus other bench players for Bosh but even if that would happen would Bosh come off the bench? I doubt it. Stay pat and strengthen the bench and get a starting defensive minded PG.

eso
07-01-2010, 04:59 AM
Lakers front office isnt stupid enough to do this!!!!! are they? lol this would be so dumb we just won the ****in championship with this team......

x_notorious
07-01-2010, 05:08 AM
I was skeptical with Bynum for Bosh straight up, but adding Odom to the mix is ridiculous.

tbarb20
07-01-2010, 05:22 AM

If this is true than it's one of the most stupid things the lakers could do. Bynum and odom?!?!?! Ugh!!!!

Burleson81
07-01-2010, 05:34 AM
Hahaha.. ahmm no way. Bosh is Kobe's friend and all, but no way this is even being considered. :D

BrewinRamLakers
07-01-2010, 06:56 AM
Close this already it ain't gonna happen. Thank goodness.

ldawg
07-01-2010, 07:20 AM
Everyone seem to hate trading Bynum but do any of us know About his Knee situation? On paper he may look good but lets get real here. The dude is wearing a huge knee brace to protect his knee and he still got it injured and thats two times under the knife on that same knee in a 3 yr span.

Anilyzer
07-01-2010, 04:31 PM
I agree with regard to Big Baby. Bynum's presence was greatly needed against Davis and Perkins. I don't see Boston in the title hunt next year if they don't secure Pierce and Allen.

LoL maybe we should make a trade for Big Baby. In any case, we've already drafted
Derrick Caracter, who according to scouting reports is actually a "more skilled" and actually larger, version of Big Baby.

When we're discussing the idea of picking up a true 24/7 All Star like Bosh, I don't think we really need to consider the "Big Baby" factor or a few extra pounds/inches of mass on the frontline. The fact is that despite all the accolades and hype, both Bynum and Odom have been very questionable at times, for various reasons.

Honestly, I think if this deal is available then the Lakers don't even hesitate
to make it -- although I'm sure they would push for a Bynum-Walton-Sasha package instead if possible. But it is somewhat unlikely that it will be possible... although that would be GREAT. It all hinges on Bosh, where he decides he wants to play. But if he says "LA", then the Lakers have the leverage, and I don't think they would have to send Bynum AND Odom in a package...

But maybe they are looking at the lineup, and see that if they trade Bynum for Bosh, then they will have Bosh, Pau, Odom, Powell, Caracter at PF, so why do you need Odom? If they're unhappy with Odom, underwhelmed with Odom, and they've decided to cut the injury risk by trading Bynum, then it makes sense.

Still I can't imagine that they'd rather keep Walton and Sasha than Odom... although imo they could by themselves form some kind of "All Irrelevant" team, still at least Odom has trade value. So even if you had just "had it" with Odom (although it's very possible that PJ highly values Odom in the triangle) but if you are just done with Odom, STILL you try to make the deal with Bynum-Walton-Sasha and then trade Odom for a backup center or something like that -- wow, how about this:

Bynum+Walton+Sasha for Bosh+Jack

Odom for Big Baby Davis+Nate Robinson

C Pau, Big Baby, Mbenga
PF Bosh, Caracter, Powell
SF Artest, Ebanks
SG Kobe, Raja Bell
PG Jack, Fisher, Robinson