PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pierce Opts Out

JordansBulls
06-29-2010, 11:10 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=5341636

Add one more marquee name to the most anticipated free-agent class in NBA history: Paul Pierce.

What happens if Paul Pierce, now a free agent, and the Celtics cannot hammer out an extension? The ramifications would strike the team's cap and impact in free agency. Chris Forsberg of ESPNBoston.com explains. Blog

The All-Star forward has notified the Boston Celtics that he will opt out of the final year of his contract before Wednesday's deadline, which will make Pierce an unrestricted free agent for the first time.

Pierce's agent, Jeff Schwartz, confirmed the decision in a text message to ESPN.com.

Link (http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view/20100629hey_danny_ainge_time_to_be_bold_if_paul_pi erce_opts_out_let_him_walk/)

“Do you have any doubt that Paul Pierce will pick up the option on his contract?” Ainge was asked on WEEI last week.

“I do have doubts,” Ainge said. “I’m not certain what Paul will do. He may be able to get a long-term contract somewhere else.”

Pierce would love the best of both worlds: a long-term deal here with the Celtics. And if there were another general manager here, it would already be a done deal. But Ainge can’t let terminally mismanaged teams like the Clippers or Knicks force his hand. Ainge could renounce Pierce’s rights, get under the cap, and begin the rebuilding process in earnest.

Jays Claw
06-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Didn't Paul Pierce say he was never going to leave Boston?

Cammy13
06-29-2010, 11:17 AM
I'll literally stop watching bball if he leaves Boston.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-29-2010, 11:17 AM
haha paul Pierce in Clippers jersey with his goofy headband

that would be cool cause then he meets 4 times a year with ron and kobe

mikantsass
06-29-2010, 11:18 AM
His agent has reportedly been talking to the Clippers and Knicks to see what kind of contract they would throw at him. Read it in the Herald this morning. He is going to opt out, especially if Doc leaves

JordansBulls
06-29-2010, 11:33 AM

I'm sure he is looking forward to that as well.

sep11ie
06-29-2010, 11:41 AM

He met them 9 times this year as a member of the Celtics...

R_O_W_E
06-29-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm sure he is looking forward to that as well.

I think its a great fit IMO. Clippers could add some more LA fans with actual LA basketball legends on there team like Baron Davis & Paul Pierce.

I actually like this lineup a lot.

PG-Davis
SG-Gordon
SF-Pierce
PF-Griffin
C-Kaman

6th Man-
Jordan
Aminu
Bledsoe
Warren

Add a few more vets and that team IMO can be as high as a 4th seed in the West depending on the coach.

BOSTON617
06-29-2010, 11:54 AM
wow id be shocked but i hope the best for him

Stunner
06-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Coach Vinny Del Negro gonna make them a 7th seed.

Stunner
06-29-2010, 11:56 AM
I would love for him to go to the Clippers. He has won a championship and i think he said before he would like to play for his hometown. Its toward the end of his career he might do it.

GEO123
06-29-2010, 12:30 PM
His agent has reportedly been talking to the Clippers and Knicks to see what kind of contract they would throw at him. Read it in the Herald this morning. He is going to opt out, especially if Doc leaves

It's my understanding that Pierce needs to let the Celtics know by the start of Free Agency which is tomorrow at midnight whether or not he's opting out, so he may not know for sure whether or not Doc is coming back.

JOSKOMANG4
06-29-2010, 12:49 PM
I honestly believe that if Pierce elected to be a free agent, he'd go to a contender. Personally, I'd love to see him play for either San Antonio or even Phoenix.

C) Lopez
PF) Frye
SF) Pierce
SG) J.Rich
PG) Nash

Bench:

Hill
Dudley
Barbosa
Dragic
Earl Clark

Chacarron
06-29-2010, 01:05 PM
I think his Lakers fanhood has taken over and is tired of his acting career in Boston. Take it to Hollywood and the Clippers!!!!! They are good with injuries, although not faking it :D

xbrackattackx
06-29-2010, 01:07 PM
He will be in Green,Dirk will be in Blue and Wade with still be in Red and Black. None of these players are leaving. I see JJ,Bosh,Amare and Lebron on the move though but not these guys.

MiamiBoy77
06-29-2010, 01:26 PM
he will be in green,dirk will be in blue and wade with still be in red and black. None of these players are leaving. I see jj,bosh,amare and lebron on the move though but not these guys.

+1

69centers
06-29-2010, 01:37 PM
It's my understanding that Pierce needs to let the Celtics know by the start of Free Agency which is tomorrow at midnight whether or not he's opting out, so he may not know for sure whether or not Doc is coming back.

Doc said his decision would come by July 1st as well, so we will here about both at exactly the same time. I'm sure they're speaking to each other about it right now.

Pierce will opt out no matter if he stays or goes. It will be in his best interest to get a new contract before there's a lockout.

JordansBulls
06-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Pierce and Boozer should go to the Heat while Lebron and Bosh to Chicago.:p

Raidaz4Life
06-29-2010, 01:46 PM
No loyalty, if it was for a ring I could understand but come on... stop being greedy.

magichatnumber9
06-29-2010, 01:54 PM
We do need to get younger

robdog_5
06-29-2010, 02:29 PM
As a Boston fan I would be bummed but he's getting old and if we could clear cap space to get younger or get sign and trade for some young players I actually might not hate it. The worst thing that could happen is the Celtics sign him to a 4-5 year deal at max money. As long as he gets somethign for 3 years or less I want him to stay, but something crazy, let him go, thanks for the memories. Pass the torch to Rondo.

robdog_5
06-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Nobody is talking about Dirk or Pierce in the FA's because they feel there is no way those guys leave Bos/Dallas but could happen.

jim51990
06-29-2010, 02:52 PM
as a celtics fan peirce had been one of my favorite players but in all honesty id rather let him and ray go and start the rebuilding now because i dont think they have enough left for another run like this year

Chronz
06-29-2010, 03:04 PM
No loyalty, if it was for a ring I could understand but come on... stop being greedy.

**** loyalty

vancitysfinest
06-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Paul Pierce & Ray Allen had there own summit as well! they've both decided to go home!

La Clippers(2010-2011)

PG: Davis
SG: Allen
SF: Pierce
PF: Griffan
C: Kaman

Bench:
Eric Gordon
Blake(if re-signed)
Outlaw(if re-signed)
Butler(if re-signed)
Aminu
Bledsoe
Warren

:clap: haha

BlueJayFanDan
06-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Somehow i don't see Pierce leaving the Celtics.

Gators123
06-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Marc Stein twitter

Marc Stein STEIN_LINE_HQ

Just filed to ESPN.com: Celtics' Paul Pierce is opting out, too. Has notified Celts he'll become unrestricted free agent. Link forthcoming

shep33
06-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Marc Stein twitter

I think that's a terrible move by Pierce, isn't he slated to make 20 mill next year? Really bad choice if he's looking at the money aspect of it.

Gators123
06-29-2010, 11:05 PM

Add one more marquee name to the most anticipated free-agent class in NBA history: Paul Pierce.

Pierce's agent, Jeff Schwartz, told ESPN.com that Pierce has notified the Boston Celtics that he will opt out of the final year of his contract before Wednesday's deadline to do so, which will make Pierce an unrestricted free agent for the first time in his career.

"Pierce is opting out" said Schwartz in a text message to ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan.

By opting out, Pierce will forfeit next season's $21.5 million salary but becomes eligible to sign a new four-year deal with the Celtics worth a maximum of $96 million and can receive four-year offers from other teams worth a maximum $93 million.

Pierce's name has scarcely been mentioned in the buildup to the summer of 2010 free-agent bonanza because, as with Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, most rival executives believe that the Celtics would never allow the go-to scorer of the 2008 championship team to walk.

Sources said that Pierce will begin free agency by talking first to the Celtics when the market opens on Thursday at 12:01 a.m., but the 32-year-old will field other offers.

External interest in Pierce is hard to gauge because there has been so little discussion in recent months about his potential free agency and because of the heavy load he has carried for the Celtics in recent seasons. Yet Pierce just played a pivotal role in helping Boston to reach the NBA Finals and take the Los Angeles Lakers to seven grueling games as a No. 4 seed in the East.

Asked recently to gauge the likelihood of re-signing Pierce, Celtics vice president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said last week on WEEI Radio in Boston: "I don't know because he may be able to get a long-term contract somewhere else. It may be better than what we have [to offer]."

Jonathan2323
06-29-2010, 11:08 PM
What is Pierce doing? He will not get a max and he's leaving 21 mil on the table.

VinceCarter
06-29-2010, 11:11 PM
I wonder what his first movie will be?

69centers
06-29-2010, 11:16 PM
What is Pierce doing? He will not get a max and he's leaving 21 mil on the table.

He'll get more in the long run doing it this way, then sticking to his 21 mil and getting stuck under the new CBA next year. This was the right move financially for him. I don't see the Celtics offering a 4 year deal. If they are stubborn like on Posey, and only offer 3, he may walk.

VinceCarter
06-29-2010, 11:19 PM
The Nets will sign him for a year if we don't get a max or Rudy Gay. ;)

Yanks All Day
06-29-2010, 11:21 PM
:rolleyes: LeBron to the Celtics?

DodgerBulls
what is pierce doing? He will not get a max and he's leaving 21 mil on the table.

c b a !

RollinDeep
The Nets will sign him for a year if we don't get a max or Rudy Gay. ;)

But why would he do that when he could have gotten more money staying in Boston for one year instead?

MJ-BULLS
bad move for PP.

Shaddix
06-29-2010, 11:23 PM
Wow. After Sheed retires...I'm pretty sure their celts can make their own run at Lebron

magichatnumber9
06-29-2010, 11:24 PM
This is good for the Celtics.

hugepatsfan
06-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Wow. After Sheed retires...I'm pretty sure their celts can make their own run at Lebron

No. The cap hild on roster spots screws us. We would need to deal either Big Baby or our first rounder.

Pierce to LAC is my surprise signing pick.

Shaddix
06-29-2010, 11:27 PM
No. The cap hild on roster spots screws us. We would need to deal either Big Baby or our first rounder.

Ah, the NBA's damn cap system is too complicated haha. I thought we could transfer Pierce's bird rights for a max free agent or something?

xabial
06-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Wow..
Maximum 4 year 96M with the celts
Maximum 4 year 93M with any other team.
Thats not a lot...

The Knicks should sign him lol.

R_O_W_E
06-29-2010, 11:30 PM
But why would he do that when he could have gotten more money staying in Boston for one year instead?

Thats because there is no gurantees he can even make as much as he'll make this offseason, than he could next offseason.

If Boston isn't as good next season, chances are they'll shop Pierce at the deadline and/or let him walk at the end of the season to rebuild around Rondo. There are few teams with salary cap space available in 2011 that would want a 34 year old swingman. Then when you add on the new CBA he could literally end up making around the MLE after next season.

Pierce signs a much more managable deal with Boston. Maybe 3/$39 Million similar to Ginobili's contract with San Antonio.

magichatnumber9
06-29-2010, 11:31 PM
Clippers are gonna be nice next year

hugepatsfan
Pierce to LAC - makes a lot of sense.

GodsSon

A conditional pick and cash for Avery Bradley

TragicallyHip
06-29-2010, 11:32 PM

If it meant LeBron was coming to Beantown, I'd have our 1st rounder on the first bus outta town. You'd be certifiably insane if you don't agree.

magichatnumber9
06-29-2010, 11:33 PM
I doubt Pierce comes back to Boston. Hello Rudy Gay

R_O_W_E

Boston isn't signing a Max Free Agent anyways. Boston has never signed one, ever. Boston throughout their franchise's history have always made their moves to acquire top talent via trades or through the draft.

boolish
this doesn't add up. He can already talk to the Celtics. Why is he waiting for July 1?

Allstar21
2010 sign lebron
2011 sign melo
get rid of garnett

boom

Super.
Awesome.

See ya later Pierce. Celtics wont give him that money.

Time to make a run at LeBron

AddiX
It's going to be real interesting to see what he gets paid and who pays him. He kind of forced the Celtics hand here, I wonder if they will break.

R_O_W_E
If it meant LeBron was coming to Beantown, I'd have our 1st rounder on the first bus outta town. You'd be certifiably insane if you don't agree.

Thats a huge "If".

magichatnumber9
06-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Lebron to Beantown. Hey were's Chi town at

magichatnumber9
06-29-2010, 11:35 PM
That was a joke by the way.

R_O_W_E
06-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Awesome.

See ya later Pierce. Celtics wont give him that money.

Time to make a run at LeBron
Stop embarrassing yourself. Boston is too historic and successful of a franchise to do that.

2010 sign lebron
2011 sign melo

boom
Cant happen.

KG is the most overpaid player in the NBA right now.

I doubt Pierce comes back to Boston. Hello Rudy Gay

Boston can only offer Rudy so much. Memphis has made it clear they are going to match any and everything other than the Max.

1. Do you think Rudy is going to sign for $10 Million?

2. Do you think Memphis doesn't believe Rudy is worth $10 Million?

I cant pick on if you're joking or not because I am crushing Adderall right now.

TragicallyHip
06-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Thats a huge "If".

No doubt, I'm just replying to patsfan's post where he said if we were to get LeBron, PP would have to go plus we'd have to trade Baby or the 1st.

HookerFighter
06-29-2010, 11:39 PM
Paul Pierce has an opportunity to make the classiest move in Celtics history. Hear me out. He could opt out as this article says he will and re-sign with the Celts for the mid-level exception. This allows us to sign Joe Johnson or Lebron James or Dwayne Wade and bring Paul back.

Rondo
Pierce
Lebron/Johnson
Garnett
Perkins

That's another championship right there. Let's see how bad Paul wants one. This move would put him in the top 3 Celtics all time, going down in history as one of the greatest unselfish players ever.

Lebron would want to come here because we are a top 3 market in the US and he wants rings.
....am I crazy?

avrpatsfan
:rolleyes: LeBron to the Celtics?
:pray: More likely is Rudy Gay.

R_O_W_E
No doubt, I'm just replying to patsfan's post where he said if we were to get LeBron, PP would have to go plus we'd have to trade Baby or the 1st.

I'd love to see LeBron join Boston, it would be a great fit for NBA reasons.

I just think Boston would be silly to blow things up on the level of the Heat/Knicks/Nets/Bulls in order to sign LeBron after losing the NBA Championshup by 4 points.

TragicallyHip
06-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Johnson would be NICE on this team!

Allstar21
06-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Cant happen.

KG is the most overpaid player in the NBA right now.

KG retire

loufor2
06-29-2010, 11:41 PM
I don't like this move by PP. It would have been good to see him retire a Celtic. I guess he feels the window "is over"

R_O_W_E
Paul Pierce has an opportunity to make the classiest move in Celtics history. Hear me out. He could opt out as this article says he will and re-sign with the Celts for the mid-level exception. This allows us to sign Joe Johnson or Lebron James or Dwayne Wade and bring Paul back.

Rondo
Pierce
Lebron/Johnson
Garnett
Perkins

That's another championship right there. Let's see how bad Paul wants one. This move would put him in the top 3 Celtics all time, going down in history as one of the greatest unselfish players ever.

Lebron would want to come here because we are a top 3 market in the US and he wants rings.
....am I crazy?

From a guy who is about to use some drugs, yes you are in fact crazy.

TragicallyHip
I'd love to see LeBron join Boston, it would be a great fit for NBA reasons.

I just think Boston would be silly to blow things up on the level of the Heat/Knicks/Nets/Bulls in order to sign LeBron after losing the NBA Championshup by 4 points.

With an aging team mind you. Plus, who knows how Perk is going to come back.

The promising thing with him is that he isn't a leaper and more of space occupier so it's not like we'll miss his explosiveness.

TragicallyHip
06-29-2010, 11:42 PM
From a guy who is about to use some drugs, yes you are in fact crazy.

:laugh:

R_O_W_E
06-29-2010, 11:42 PM
KG retire

It will still count against the cap. It wont clear off freeing up money to use.

Secondly, KG isn't walking away from like $40 Million.

loufor2
06-29-2010, 11:43 PM
The Boston faithful seem happy to get Peirce and Kg out of town? a little surprising after what they have done.

avrpatsfan
06-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Boston isn't signing a Max Free Agent anyways. Boston has never signed one, ever. Boston throughout their franchise's history have always made their moves to acquire top talent via trades or through the draft.
So they would pass up on one of the best players of all time and the best overall player of all time because in the past they didn't sign max FAs? :facepalm:

magichatnumber9
06-29-2010, 11:44 PM
This is a weird time for the C's. Lets go get Lebron and start a dynasty

magichatnumber9
06-29-2010, 11:45 PM
You all know who the dark horse is. Thank Rondo for being a stellar unselfish pointguard

Kakaroach
They will re-sign him I think, and its not like he's gonna command a ton of money.

albertc86
He should come back to L.A.... and play for the Clippers!

avrpatsfan
06-29-2010, 11:46 PM
The Boston faithful seem happy to get Peirce and Kg out of town? a little surprising after what they have done.
I don't want KG out but we are in a rebuilding faze.

Allstar21
06-29-2010, 11:46 PM
rondo can't hit an open shot...gonna scare lebron away....maybe not joe john

R_O_W_E
06-29-2010, 11:47 PM
With an aging team mind you. Plus, who knows how Perk is going to come back.
Its just not worth it in my opinion. Boston is still the #1 team in the East even heading into next season with an aging core, that defense is too good. Unless Miami puts together the Diva Team of LeBron, Wade & Bosh. I dont see anybody knocking Boston's crown off.

Boston's depth is what makes them unique and their system caters to their talent.

The promising thing with him is that he isn't a leaper and more of space occupier so it's not like we'll miss his explosiveness.

What exactly did he tear? You're right. He definetly isn't a leaper, he just grabs boards and takes up space. The injury will only make him angrier. Perkins had his pee pee touched by a priest.

TragicallyHip
06-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Its just not worth it in my opinion. Boston is still the #1 team in the East even heading into next season with an aging core, that defense is too good. Unless Miami puts together the Diva Team of LeBron, Wade & Bosh. I dont see anybody knocking Boston's crown off.

Boston's depth is what makes them unique and their system caters to their talent.

I don't think it's crazy to believe that the C's may decide to jump into the FA pool now that PP has opted out. It's almost doing the team an injustice if they don't do due dilligence on the prospect of rebuilding.

What exactly did he tear? You're right. He definetly isn't a leaper, he just grabs boards and takes up space. The injury will only make him angrier. Perkins had his pee pee touched by a priest.

I think it was his ACL and PCL if I'm not mistaken.

Hustlenomics
06-29-2010, 11:51 PM

Rondo
Pierce
Lebron/Johnson
Garnett
Perkins

....am I crazy?

would be awesome for boston

R_O_W_E
06-29-2010, 11:51 PM
So they would pass up on one of the best players of all time and the best overall player of all time because in the past they didn't sign max FAs? :facepalm:

Ok.

Trade Rondo to the T'Wolves/Knicks for Wilson Chandler or Jonny Flynn.

Trade KG to the Kings for Jason Thompson/Carl Landry.

Now Boston can stoop to the level of 3 franchises who have combined for 1 Championship ring in the last 35 years of planet Earth, in order to try to sign LeBron & Bosh.

avrpatsfan
06-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Lebron has a huge ego. And that ego would be massaged in Boston. He would win the championship of course. And he would be the greatest Celtic of all time easily. Being the greatest ever in such an historic franchise would satisfy him.
Rondo
Bradley
James
Garnett
Perkins
Game over.

R_O_W_E
06-29-2010, 11:56 PM
I don't think it's crazy to believe that the C's may decide to jump into the FA pool now that PP has opted out. It's almost doing the team an injustice if they don't do due dilligence on the prospect of rebuilding.
Look at the salaries though.

Without Pierce:

KG -$18 Million
Rondo- $9 Million
Sheed- $6 Million
Perkins-$4 Million
Davis-$3 Million
Bradley-$1.5 Million

You just went through rebuilding 4 years ago. Ainge & Rivers went through the rebuilding process together recently enough, it never makes sense to suck when you are capable of trying to win.

Dont give up Celtics fan. You dont want to feel like a Warriors fan.

hugepatsfan
06-29-2010, 11:57 PM
BOS needs to deal either Avery Bradley or Big Baby for max FA cap space. They could give a max to Gay, because his service time means a max deal only starts at 13 mil.

hugepatsfan
06-29-2010, 11:58 PM
Look at the salaries though.

Without Pierce:

KG -$18 Million
Rondo- $9 Million
Sheed- $6 Million
Perkins-$4 Million
Davis-$3 Million
Bradley-$1.5 Million

You just went through rebuilding 4 years ago. Ainge & Rivers went through the rebuilding process together recently enough, it never makes sense to suck when you are capable of trying to win.

Dont give up Celtics fan. You dont want to feel like a Warriors fan.

So deal Bradley or Baby. That gives enough room for a max. Sheed will retire, so he doesn't count.

R_O_W_E
06-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Lebron has a huge ego. And that ego would be massaged in Boston. He would win the championship of course. And he would be the greatest Celtic of all time easily. Being the greatest ever in such an historic franchise would satisfy him.
Rondo
Bradley
James
Garnett
Perkins
Game over.

LeBron Jameskeet skeet skeet.

I should've bought some heroin if I knew this was going to be the mood tonight.:speechless:

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 12:01 AM
So deal Bradley or Baby. That gives enough room for a max.
OK.

Sounds like a move the Wizards would jump all over, again. :laugh2:

Sheed will retire, so he doesn't count.

Sheed still counts. Unless he reaches a buyout, his contract will continue to count against Boston's cap without him getting paid.

avrpatsfan
06-30-2010, 12:05 AM
LeBron Jameskeet skeet skeet.

I should've bought some heroin if I knew this was going to be the mood tonight.:speechless:
He would be the greatest of all time in the Celtics franchise.

unwantedplayer
06-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Rondo
Bradley
James
Garnett
Perkins
Game over.

Dumbass.. Bill Russell will always remain the greatest Celtics ever. Nobody can overtake what he has done as whole in the Celtics organization.

avrpatsfan
06-30-2010, 12:07 AM
Dumbass.. Bill Russell will always remain the greatest Celtics ever. Nobody can overtake what he has done as whole in the Celtics organization.
Somebody could. And on the Celtics Lebron could win a LOT of titles. Bill Russell is #1 right now for sure and he is my 2nd favorite Celtic of all time, but even if he wasn't the greatest Celtic ever he would think that.

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 12:11 AM
He would be the greatest of all time in the Celtics franchise.

No he wouldn't. When he wins 12 champions, then yes.

Hes a great individual talent in his prime no doubt but there is a difference between being a great individudal talent and being an All Time Great Player.

Tracy McGrady is a great individual talent, while Kobe is an All Time Great Player.

hugepatsfan
06-30-2010, 12:12 AM
OK.

Sounds like a move the Wizards would jump all over, again. :laugh2:

Sheed still counts. Unless he reaches a buyout, his contract will continue to count against Boston's cap without him getting paid.

Dealing a bench player for the ability to offer the 2nd best player in the NBA discredits BOS as a franchise? Please tell me you'tr joking.

And Sheed will agree to a $1 buyout. He has said he doesn't care about the buyout - only being with his family. He honeslty has showed no care towards it. He would take a $1 buyout, IMO.

Cullksinikers
06-30-2010, 12:15 AM
Any chance he's back?

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 12:15 AM
Somebody could. And on the Celtics Lebron could win a LOT of titles. Bill Russell is #1 right now for sure and he is my 2nd favorite Celtic of all time, but even if he wasn't the greatest Celtic ever he would think that.

How is LeBron winning a lot of titles on the Celtics without Allen/Pierce & an aging KG?

You do realize you have to sacrifice your entire team for the sake of signing LeBron? That means you have to rebuild around LeBron. That could take several years before you are even in Title Contention. Because Boston after doing those salary dump moves would only be able to offer the Max. You will have no MLE. Just like New York/New Jersey/Chicago/Miami wont have for this offseason. Boston would have to hand out veterans minimum contracts in order to even field a 2nd unit for next season.

Think about the bigger picture brah.:cool:

VinceCarter
06-30-2010, 12:16 AM
Paul Pierce could probably make more money acting....

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 12:20 AM
Dealing a bench player for the ability to offer the 2nd best player in the NBA discredits BOS as a franchise? Please tell me you'tr joking.
Key word is in bold.

You can only offer. That doesn't mean Boston can sign LeBron over every other team who have spent 3 years waiting for LeBron. If Boston knew they could sign LeBron over everyone else they'd be looking to dump KG to be able to try to sign LeBron & Bosh. What do you think Chicago/New York/New Jersey/Miami have been doing? They each realize they are in the position to sign 1 Max FA and they are doing all they can to clear space to sign 2 Max FA's to entice LeBron further.

And Sheed will agree to a $1 buyout. He has said he doesn't care about the buyout - only being with his family. He honeslty has showed no care towards it. He would take a $1 buyout, IMO.

Link to him saying he'd take a buyout of $1 Million?

I'd love to see Sheed do that. It would make people forget about Portland.

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 12:23 AM

He can replace Jimmy on Degrassi.

nymets57
06-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Man you Celtic fans are ignorant. Don't you know wherever LBJ goes Bosh is going to and don't tell me we got KG. KG isn't getting any younger and plus without Pierce or Allen whats the difference from what the Cavs had this year and what the C's would have next year?

NOTHING!!!!!

hugepatsfan
06-30-2010, 12:28 AM
Key word is in bold.

You can only offer. That doesn't mean Boston can sign LeBron over every other team who have spent 3 years waiting for LeBron. If Boston knew they could sign LeBron over everyone else they'd be looking to dump KG to be able to try to sign LeBron & Bosh. What do you think Chicago/New York/New Jersey/Miami have been doing? They each realize they are in the position to sign 1 Max FA and they are doing all they can to clear space to sign 2 Max FA's to entice LeBron further.

Link to him saying he'd take a buyout of $1 Million?

I'd love to see Sheed do that. It would make people forget about Portland.

Sheed has never mentioned a buyout. His agent said it wasn't a major concern for Sheed. I doubt the buyout will be a problem with Sheed. I think that if it means the ability to sign a max player, it will be figured out.

And I don't think Lebron is our target. I say we work out a cheap buyout deal w/ Sheed and then trade him to NJ for Humphries and Courtney Lee. That gives them enough for a max player, and still leaves us with enough space to offer Gay a max deal (his is only 13 mil because of service time.

Rondo
Lee
Gay
KG
Perk

Baby, Hump, Harangody (2nd rounder), Avery Bradley (1st rounder) would be all we have for a bench. But that could be figured out.

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 12:29 AM
Man you Celtic fans are ignorant. Don't you know wherever LBJ goes Bosh is going to and don't tell me we got KG. KG isn't getting any younger and plus without Pierce or Allen whats the difference from what the Cavs had this year and what the C's would have next year?

NOTHING!!!!!

Let them have their chance to bask in the sun thinking that LeBron is going to wear #6(with permission from Bill Russell) and come to Boston for the Max after they trade Davis & Bradley in a salary dump, and then buyout Sheed for $1 Million of the $13 Million owed to him. KG will retire and agree to a buyout fo $1 Million and Carmelo Anthony will turn down his deal paying him the current Max with Denver in order to sign the new Max(making much less) with Boston.

I am literally blown away.

bagwell368
06-30-2010, 12:30 AM

PP for all his flaws has done a lot better at earning his pay then Vince Carter.

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 12:31 AM
Sheed has never mentioned a buyout. His agent said it wasn't a major concern for Sheed. I doubt the buyout will be a problem with Sheed. I think that if it means the ability to sign a max player, it will be figured out.

They better get it worked out soon because in 24 hours Sheed taking a buyout will be irrelevant if they are serious about trying to offer a Max FA.

bagwell368
06-30-2010, 12:31 AM
Only children think LeBron is going to Boston.

And only an elephant that grabs the tail of the one in front would assume Bosh is in lock step with LeBron. A sign/trade with the Lakers for Bosh would change all that.

hugepatsfan
06-30-2010, 12:32 AM
They better get it worked out soon because in 24 hours Sheed taking a buyout will be irrelevant if they are serious about trying to offer a Max FA.

I doubt they go after a max. But they have the flexibility to, if they choose too. It wouldn't take too much.

NYMetros
06-30-2010, 12:34 AM

PP for all his flaws has done a lot better at earning his pay then Vince Carter.

Owned. :laugh:

effen5
06-30-2010, 12:35 AM
If I was Boston, Id get rid of KG too and start rebuilding ONLY IF Pierce is done.

bagwell368
06-30-2010, 12:36 AM

The train has pulled out of the station, the Celts will not win with this group.

Ray is ready to be a sixth man, let him do it on someone else's dime.

PP is a smart player, but, his body is giving it up, he'll be useless by the start of '11-'12 anyone that signs him for 3 years is gucked.

KG is irreplaceable, but if you can get a good deal, take it, probably only in his final year.

It's time for the 2-4 year rebuilding under Ainge's pal McHale, and then get a real coach for the next run.

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 12:36 AM
And I don't think Lebron is our target. I say we work out a cheap buyout deal w/ Sheed and then trade him to NJ for Humphries and Courtney Lee.
1. If Sheed agrees to a buyout, he officially becomes a FA and cant be traded. You can only trade him right now, and have another team buy him out. It wont be NJ taking him on.

hat gives them enough for a max player, and still leaves us with enough space to offer Gay a max deal (his is only 13 mil because of service time.

All signs indicate Memphis is going to match whatever is offered to him. You have to remember he is a RFA and Memphis(Chris Wallace, former Celtics GM) is under pressure to keep Gay due to their owner.

Rondo
Lee
Gay
KG
Perk
NBA 2K11 is on its way soon. That team right there is going home in Round 1. You can't replace Pierce & Allen with Rudy Gay. Rudy is not that good of a player, hell hes not even worth $13 Million when you think about it.:cool:

Baby, Hump, Harangody (2nd rounder), Avery Bradley (1st rounder) would be all we have for a bench. But that could be figured out.

OK.

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 12:38 AM
The train has pulled out of the station, the Celts will not win with this group.

Ray is ready to be a sixth man, let him do it on someone else's dime.

PP is a smart player, but, his body is giving it up, he'll be useless by the start of '11-'12 anyone that signs him for 3 years is gucked.

KG is irreplaceable, but if you can get a good deal, take it, probably only in his final year.

It's time for the 2-4 year rebuilding under Ainge's pal McHale, and then get a real coach for the next run.

:laugh2:

The train has officially left the station on a team that was just in the NBA Finals Game 7 and lost by 4 points without their starting C?

OK.

Enjoy your sucky basketball, again. Things dont always work out the way you expect them to. If LA didn't part with Bynum, KG would've never been a Celtic. The Big 3 would've been Pierce/Allen/Jefferson. No KG = No 17th Banner. We'd take KG in Oakland for Vlad Rad, Gadzuric, Bell, & Wright.

hugepatsfan
06-30-2010, 12:41 AM
1. If Sheed agrees to a buyout, he officially becomes a FA and cant be traded. You can only trade him right now, and have another team buy him out. It wont be NJ taking him on.

NJ would get him before the buyout is filed. It will be agreed to by Sheed and then the trade happens. Then it officially happens with NJ

All signs indicate Memphis is going to match whatever is offered to him. You have to remember he is a RFA and Memphis(Chris Wallace, former Celtics GM) is under pressure to keep Gay due to their owner.

This is possible. They have a lot of depth now at SG-SF (if Mayo stays at SG). It's all speculation at this point anyway.

NBA 2K11 is on its way soon. That team right there is going home in Round 1. You can't replace Pierce & Allen with Rudy Gay. Rudy is not that good of a player, hell hes not even worth $13 Million when you think about it.:cool:

I didn't say it wopuld win a title. But Rome wasn't built in a day. We have not focused on our long term future at all for 3 years - it's been win now mode, as it should have been. These moves would give us some starting pieces for building a team that could contend at a chapionship level. It will take more than one year.

OK.

It's all specualtion at this point, so no one knows what will happen. I don't think any fan of any team can guess his team's whole offseason with 100% accuracy. I'm just listing potential moves I think can be made - it's nothing concrete.

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 12:41 AM
And only an elephant that grabs the tail of the one in front would assume Bosh is in lock step with LeBron. A sign/trade with the Lakers for Bosh would change all that.

1. Bosh has to negotiate with LA to work out that deal.

2. Toronto has to be willing to take on Bynum. If they dont want Bynum, it wont happen. I posted about the rumor yesterday. Nothing has said Toronto wants Bynum in return for Bosh, but LA could offer it.

ROCKYDENNIS
06-30-2010, 12:42 AM
If opierce is really in play here that would make R.Allen truely in play also. Plus
probally make K.Garnett available also.

hugepatsfan
06-30-2010, 12:44 AM
KG definately goes on the block if PP and Ray leave. To ORL for VC (expiring) + pick makes some sense. ORL needs a real PF (move Shard to SF) and it's not like KG's deal (2 years) is restricting long term.

bagwell368
06-30-2010, 12:46 AM

The train has officially left the station on a team that was just in the NBA Finals Game 7 and lost by 4 points without their starting C?

OK.

Enjoy your sucky basketball, again. Things dont always work out the way you expect them to. If LA didn't part with Bynum, KG would've never been a Celtic. The Big 3 would've been Pierce/Allen/Jefferson. No KG = No 17th Banner. We'd take KG in Oakland for Vlad Rad, Gadzuric, Bell, & Wright.

Clearly son.

I've lived through the Russell/Sam Jones, Havlicek/Cowens, and Bird/McHale/Parish dynasties running out of gas. All of the big 3 are going to sag next year from a small amount for the lucky one to a lot more for the other two, Rondo isn't going to improve enough to make up the difference. Who knows when Perk will be back and what the after affects will be. Our draft picks will not offer much help. We won't be able to snag guys like Gay, Amare, Bosh, etc. - instead will have to make do with guys like Gomes and Shaq.

I never said it would be enjoyable, but, sometimes you have to rip the band-aid off fast and not do it in stages. Rebuilding time. Under McHale at the start, then a real coach after a few years.

DR. Pepper
06-30-2010, 12:47 AM
i think now the celtics become players in the market.. rudy gay?

bagwell368
06-30-2010, 12:47 AM
1. Bosh has to negotiate with LA to work out that deal.

2. Toronto has to be willing to take on Bynum. If they dont want Bynum, it wont happen. I posted about the rumor yesterday. Nothing has said Toronto wants Bynum in return for Bosh, but LA could offer it.

They might not want Bynum all that much, but if they do nothing, they might get nothing...

DaVille
06-30-2010, 12:48 AM
Danny Ainge will on the most wanted list, if Pierce doesn't re-sign. A bandwagoner like me, is a Paul Pierce fan first. And I'll root for any team he plays for. Hopeful its Celtic Green, but f'em if they won't re-sign him.

bagwell368
06-30-2010, 12:49 AM
i think now the celtics become players in the market.. rudy gay?

RFA... all we can do is tie up some money on one team which may end up helping us out elsewhere. Too bad, I'd like to have him.

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 12:50 AM
It's all specualtion at this point, so no one knows what will happen. I don't think any fan of any team can guess his team's whole offseason with 100% accuracy. I'm just listing potential moves I think can be made - it's nothing concrete.

1. NJ isn't taking Sheed off of Boston's hands to buy him out for $1 Million while dumping their starting SG in the process. Why? Because Sheed's contract is fully guranteed unlike the contracts of Dooling, West, Gomes, Dampier, etc. This is why those teams are shopping those guys because they can provide instant cap relief if acquired and then waived. If New Jersey acquires Sheed and buys Sheed out, it wont count immediately towards their cap space this summer. Thus rendering the trade useless. Check out the NBA Salary Cap Rules/Guidelines.

2. Memphis has 0 depth at SG/SF. They have Mayo, Gay & Henry. If they dont match Gay or work out a S&T for Gay, they are screwing themselves with their own thumb.

3. I agree with that. However luck played more of a factor into Boston being able to win a Championship in 08' than the actual route they were taking. This is the same team that traded a Lottery Pick for Telfair. Allen only became available when Seattle got the #2 pick in the Lottery. KG only became available after the LA/PHX trade scenarios fell through for various reasons.

DR. Pepper
06-30-2010, 12:51 AM

OK.

give that some thought tho.. the C's qouldnt be in this little mess theyre in rite now.. Rondo/Allen/Pierce/Jefferson/Perkins .. add some good role players on tht team and they could push.. especially down the road a little bit and would be around longer..

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 12:52 AM
They might not want Bynum all that much, but if they do nothing, they might get nothing...

But sometimes nothing is better than something that you don't want.

I relate it to girls:

If there were only 100 girls left on planet Earth. But all 100 were so disgusting that they literally make you want to vomit. Would you still marry 1 for the sake of having a girl?

I think Bynum would be a good fit in Toronto. It depends on what Raptors management thinks and if LA is serious about acquiring Bosh.

bagwell368
06-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Danny Ainge will on the most wanted list, if Pierce doesn't re-sign. A bandwagoner like me, is a Paul Pierce fan first. And I'll root for any team he plays for. Hopeful its Celtic Green, but f'em if they won't re-sign him.

F Ainge if he signs that overrated aging player. Most of the Celts board never saw Bird play, including a certain key member who thinks PP is a better offensive player. As a fan since 1968 - take my word, Pierce is a 2nd rate superstar - by NBA standards or by Celtics history.

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 12:54 AM
give that some thought tho.. the C's qouldnt be in this little mess theyre in rite now.. Rondo/Allen/Pierce/Jefferson/Perkins .. add some good role players on tht team and they could push.. especially down the road a little bit and would be around longer..

There would be no 17th Championship Banner without KG.

They were going nowhere with that Pierce/Walker duo. They scrapped that and tried to rebuild around Pierce. We all know that didn't turn out too well. They went All In to win a NBA Championship, and did so in 2008 along with reaching the NBA Finals this year.

Its a long way down if they want to scrap it.

junion
06-30-2010, 12:55 AM
I think pierce is out. I kind of want doc to take time off because he has chosen his career over family. He was successful in his career, but he needs to spend time with his sons watching them play - he has missed out a lot because of coaching - but he's been successful. But he needs to be with his sons - that's a once in a lifetime experience, and coaching in basketball will come back to him later if he wanted. In conclusion, I think doc will take a break, and that would lead paul pierce to opt out, and ray allen.

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 12:55 AM
F Ainge if he signs that overrated aging player. Most of the Celts board never saw Bird play, including a certain key member who thinks PP is a better offensive player. As a fan since 1968 - take my word, Pierce is a 2nd rate superstar - by NBA standards or by Celtics history.

True.

However the team in place right now allows him to play like a 2nd rate superstar but look extremely effective in that role with other good options around him.

kblo247
06-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Boston should renounce Allen's and Pierce's rights as well as get Sheed to take a 1mil buyout. Then they should sign Lebron and get Byron Scott to coach.

They can kill two birds with one stone for LA by taking that horrible coaching option in Scott off our hands and stopping Lebron from teaming up with Wade/Bosh and us possibly having to overpay for Bosh to do it ourselves. ;)

Boy though the Lakers killed them:
- Injured Perkins ACL, PCL, and MCL
- Forced Sheed and Doc into retirement
- Made Ray and Paul consider free agency
- Exposed Rondo more than any team in the playoffs

Damn it feels good to watch "Anything is possible" and his terrible contract hang over another team with no hope of contending again in the immediate future. Back to chanting MVP for Kobe in the Garden I guess :laugh2:

----

Now for the more sensible and less F Boston perspective from me:

I hope Pierce considers a team like the Clippers to try and help make the somewhat more relevant

VinceCarter

opp hit a soft spot.

hugepatsfan
1. NJ isn't taking Sheed off of Boston's hands to buy him out for $1 Million while dumping their starting SG in the process. Why? Because Sheed's contract is fully guranteed unlike the contracts of Dooling, West, Gomes, Dampier, etc. This is why those teams are shopping those guys because they can provide instant cap relief if acquired and then waived. If New Jersey acquires Sheed and buys Sheed out, it wont count immediately towards their cap space this summer. Thus rendering the trade useless. Check out the NBA Salary Cap Rules/Guidelines.

2. Memphis has 0 depth at SG/SF. They have Mayo, Gay & Henry. If they dont match Gay or work out a S&T for Gay, they are screwing themselves with their own thumb.

3. I agree with that. However luck played more of a factor into Boston being able to win a Championship in 08' than the actual route they were taking. This is the same team that traded a Lottery Pick for Telfair. Allen only became available when Seattle got the #2 pick in the Lottery. KG only became available after the LA/PHX trade scenarios fell through for various reasons.

1.) I don't know the ins and outs of the cap. I'll take your word. We're going to deal Sheed to some team that want out of a deal. He will count for salary in the trade, but his new team won't have to pay him. Sheed and Baby to GS for Biedrins makes a lot of sense for both sides, IMO.

2.) They also have Ronnie Brewer. That's 4 guys for 3 spots (most teams only keep 1 primary backup at SG/SF). I think there's a chance they let Gay go. But they could re-up him too. We'll have to see. I don't think anyone can be sure either way. Luck plays a role in any team's success. LA was lucky Kobe worked himself to them and for the Pau deal. SA was lucky Robinson was hurt one year, allowing them to get Duncan.

3.) The Telfair trade was in huge part for getting Theo Ratliff for Raef LaFrentz. Ratliff expired a year eralier, allowing us to make a major move ( he was the expiring needed for KG). Our luck was getting SEA to take Wally back for Ray (he had 2 years left at the time)/

bagwell368
06-30-2010, 12:59 AM
But sometimes nothing is better than something that you don't want.

I relate it to girls:

If there were only 100 girls left on planet Earth. But all 100 were so disgusting that they literally make you want to vomit. Would you still marry 1 for the sake of having a girl?

I think Bynum would be a good fit in Toronto. It depends on what Raptors management thinks and if LA is serious about acquiring Bosh.

No but Bynum is a might better then that.

I have a theory related to a 100 girls. Never mess with the top 2-3-4 that are in the 10 range - because 40 guys will do the same thing, and really hot girls are usually stupid or *****y. I go after the 5th-10th, much less competition, and they are nice to look at and usually better behaved and bit deeper as well.

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 12:59 AM
Clearly son.

I've lived through the Russell/Sam Jones, Havlicek/Cowens, and Bird/McHale/Parish dynasties running out of gas. All of the big 3 are going to sag next year from a small amount for the lucky one to a lot more for the other two, Rondo isn't going to improve enough to make up the difference. Who knows when Perk will be back and what the after affects will be. Our draft picks will not offer much help. We won't be able to snag guys like Gay, Amare, Bosh, etc. - instead will have to make do with guys like Gomes and Shaq.

I never said it would be enjoyable, but, sometimes you have to rip the band-aid off fast and not do it in stages. Rebuilding time. Under McHale at the start, then a real coach after a few years.

OK.

I still think they could reach a NBA Title next season and win it by bringing back Allen, Pierce, & Rivers while adding several key FA's to strengthen their bench some more.

If Boston is going to completely rebuild, KG becoming available will be interesting.

DaVille
06-30-2010, 01:04 AM

Too bad, he'll trail Pierce in point soon. And in any mark he has set soon. Larry Bird is overrated. Just because he had lighter complection, he gets all the notoriety. And He played with 3-4 HOF in their prime. He'll be looking up to Pierce in every historical statistic.

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 01:05 AM
1.) I don't know the ins and outs of the cap. I'll take your word. We're going to deal Sheed to some team that want out of a deal. He will count for salary in the trade, but his new team won't have to pay him. Sheed and Baby to GS for Biedrins makes a lot of sense for both sides, IMO.
We wouldn't do that deal. Not a chance in hell, even if we are trying to clear salaries for Ellison.

Big Baby doesn't fit with GS.

2.) They also have Ronnie Brewer. That's 4 guys for 3 spots (most teams only keep 1 primary backup at SG/SF). I think there's a chance they let Gay go. But they could re-up him too. We'll have to see. I don't think anyone can be sure either way. Luck plays a role in any team's success. LA was lucky Kobe worked himself to them and for the Pau deal. SA was lucky Robinson was hurt one year, allowing them to get Duncan.

Ronnie Brewer is a FA.

Luck plays a role in any team's success, but how many times does luck strike the same team in a short period of time? You have to be at the right place, at the right time.

3.) The Telfair trade was in huge part for getting Theo Ratliff for Raef LaFrentz. Ratliff expired a year eralier, allowing us to make a major move ( he was the expiring needed for KG). Our luck was getting SEA to take Wally back for Ray (he had 2 years left at the time)

Still. Both the Allen deal & KG deal were pure luck.

Boston had the assets in place to make those moves. Boston shouldn't have acquired Raef in the first place. Bad moves, Bad draft picks, etc. Things really have to fall into place.

Jeff559
06-30-2010, 01:05 AM
If pierce opts out, is there any chance of one of the big free agents coming to boston?

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 01:06 AM
I have a theory related to a 100 girls. Never mess with the top 2-3-4 that are in the 10 range - because 40 guys will do the same thing, and really hot girls are usually stupid or *****y. I go after the 5th-10th, much less competition, and they are nice to look at and usually better behaved and bit deeper as well.

Well atleast you're honest.:cool:

abe_froman
06-30-2010, 01:07 AM
OK.

I still think they could reach a NBA Title next season and win it by bringing back Allen, Pierce, & Rivers while adding several key FA's to strengthen their bench some more.

If Boston is going to completely rebuild, KG becoming available will be interesting.

they really wouldnt have alot to do what your proposing.

besides that would it be worth it? trying for 1 more run i can see,but they arent going to take one year deals here,so the3y be stuck with aging vets waiting for them to expire

they really should rebuild

DaVille
06-30-2010, 01:09 AM
Well atleast you're honest.:cool:

R_O_W_E, you are a Celtics hater so your opinon is invalid. I'm sure you'll love nothing than Celtics failing, and FAkers surpassing them in Championships.

DaVille
06-30-2010, 01:11 AM
they really wouldnt have alot to do what your proposing.

besides that would it be worth it? trying for 1 more run i can see,but they arent going to take one year deals here,so the3y be stuck with aging vets waiting for them to expire

they really should rebuild

How many Teams who rebuild have reached the finals in the last 5years. Unless if you struck Gold an get draft a Lebron or a Wade, even they needed veterans to get there. You reload & extend your chances to contend one more year. After all the Celtics were 5points away from Championship.

abe_froman
06-30-2010, 01:16 AM
How many Teams who rebuild have reached the finals in the last 5years. Unless if you struck Gold an get draft a Lebron or a Wade, even they needed veterans to get there. You reload & extend your chances to contend one more year. After all the Celtics were 5points away from Championship.

thats a bad way to judge things are the nba goes through spans that are ruled by a handful of elites,era's if you will

the core isnt getting any younger and opting to stike it in the draft,after a could sucky years is the best hope.hell you can trad kg for younger guys or even slash payroll to go the route of f.a. as so many are doing this year,and try for next.

yes they were 5 point away from it,but the core is on the wrong side of 30 and there is nothing thats going to stop the aging process

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 01:17 AM
R_O_W_E, you are a Celtics hater so your opinon is invalid. I'm sure you'll love nothing than Celtics failing, and FAkers surpassing them in Championships.

I hate both teams actually. I enjoy their rivalry and would love to see Boston vs LA III for the Finals.

Lakers4ItAll
06-30-2010, 01:17 AM
Pierce anywhere but the Celtics is gna be weird

bagwell368
06-30-2010, 01:19 AM
Too bad, he'll trail Pierce in point soon. And in any mark he has set soon. Larry Bird is overrated. Just because he had lighter complection, he gets all the notoriety. And He played with 3-4 HOF in their prime. He'll be looking up to Pierce in every historical statistic.

Points does not equal very much in terms of offense or overall player. Bird crushes PP in his sleep.

Lighter competition? You mean like Magic and Jordan - 2 of the 5 best players of all time?

Maybe you ought to look at the Celtics record/team the year before he got here and the year after he got there before you keep looking foolish. PP was/is incapable of anything like that. The '08 team was led by KG, not PP. There was no question as to who won the 3 titles in the 80's and who was the leader of the team.

Bird won 3 MVP's (3rd all time in award shares) and 2 Finals MVP's to PP's 0 MVP's and 1 Finals MVP

Bird made 10 1st team All NBA - PP has ZERO
Bird made 12 All Star teams - 8 times
Bird led the league in win shares twice to zero for pee pee
Bird had 7 times in top 10 for 3pt% -- zero for pee pee
Bird had 11 times in top 10 for FT% (and 4 1st) -
Bird is 33rd all time in assists - pee pee is no place to be found
Bird is 47th all time in RPG - again nowhere in the leader list all time

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Bird >>>>>> pee pee

jim51990
06-30-2010, 01:19 AM
when shed accepts a 1 mill buyout the celtics have room for a max. then could resign ray with his bird rights (i believe this is possible) then sign a 6th man with the mle. (if they cant resign ray with bird rights use mle on him.

rondo
ray
lebron/wade
kg
perk

bench baby, bradley, mle (scoring player), luke.

hugepatsfan
06-30-2010, 01:26 AM
We wouldn't do that deal. Not a chance in hell, even if we are trying to clear salaries for Ellison.

Big Baby doesn't fit with GS.

Gudz and Charlie Bell fit right into GS? They need to make some fincnial moves for new ownership. Sheed would cost them nothing (as you have noted). Baby is an expiring deal. Thsi trade would basically be an eraser of the Biedrins deal.

Ronnie Brewer is a FA.

He's an RFA, just like Gay. But Brewer is a lot cheaper. MEM has a lot of scorers. I think they could use a defensive player like Brewer on the perimeter. His skill set and cheaper price MAY make him the preferred option over a max deal for Gay.

Luck plays a role in any team's success, but how many times does luck strike the same team in a short period of time? You have to be at the right place, at the right time.

Still. Both the Allen deal & KG deal were pure luck.

Boston had the assets in place to make those moves. Boston shouldn't have acquired Raef in the first place. Bad moves, Bad draft picks, etc. Things really have to fall into place.

Things have to fall into place for every team to win. The Telfair deal was genius by Ainge, especially considering he made the Rondo deal the same year. He knew that he could have two talented PGs AND a great asset. The plan was to let the young guys play and suck (whochh they did). Then they could use Ratliff and the young guys to get a great deal. They were lucky in that SEA gave them Ray. The KG deal was well thought out.

DaVille
06-30-2010, 01:32 AM
Points does not equal very much in terms of offense or overall player. Bird crushes PP in his sleep.

Lighter competition? You mean like Magic and Jordan - 2 of the 5 best players of all time?

Maybe you ought to look at the Celtics record/team the year before he got here and the year after he got there before you keep looking foolish. PP was/is incapable of anything like that. The '08 team was led by KG, not PP. There was no question as to who won the 3 titles in the 80's and who was the leader of the team.

Bird won 3 MVP's (3rd all time in award shares) and 2 Finals MVP's to PP's 0 MVP's and 1 Finals MVP

Bird made 10 1st team All NBA - PP has ZERO
Bird made 12 All Star teams - 8 times
Bird led the league in win shares twice to zero for pee pee
Bird had 7 times in top 10 for 3pt% -- zero for pee pee
Bird had 11 times in top 10 for FT% (and 4 1st) -
Bird is 33rd all time in assists - pee pee is no place to be found
Bird is 47th all time in RPG - again nowhere in the leader list all time

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Bird >>>>>> pee pee

Its a lot easier to accomplish those things when you play with 4 HOF in a weak era. 80s where no defense happened. Pierce is finally getting his chance at the latter of his career. He would've had 2 rings by now, if KG & Ray didn't screw up in game 7.

You forgot to mention that Pierce will destory Birds in total Points, when he sets sail.

1. John Havlicek 26395
2. Larry Bird 21791
3. Paul Pierce 19899

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 01:36 AM
thats a bad way to judge things are the nba goes through spans that are ruled by a handful of elites,era's if you will

the core isnt getting any younger

What I dont understand is why you think its in Boston's best interest to rebuild now as opposed to doing so in 3 years to let the Big 3 bow out together? Boston can still compete for a NBA Title with an aging Big 3. There is no gurantee that Boston going through a rebuilding process can even reach the point where they are at right now. Considering Boston went 20+ years between their last 2 NBA Titles is enough to defend that rebuilding isnt always the best option.

Tanking in the lottery got Boston nowhere post-Bird.

If Boston sucks with the Big 3 wouldn't you think that is much better than sucking without them? At the very least you already have a veteran core in place for a marquee young rookie to step into.

Blowing the team up is a Chicago-Jordan move that is more than likely to be remember for the wrong reasons.

hugepatsfan
06-30-2010, 01:39 AM
What I dont understand is why you think its in Boston's best interest to rebuild now as opposed to doing so in 3 years to let the Big 3 bow out together? Boston can still compete for a NBA Title with an aging Big 3. There is no gurantee that Boston going through a rebuilding process can even reach the point where they are at right now. Considering Boston went 20+ years between their last 2 NBA Titles is enough to defend that rebuilding isnt always the best option.

Tanking in the lottery got Boston nowhere post-Bird.

If Boston sucks with the Big 3 wouldn't you think that is much better than sucking without them? At the very least you already have a veteran core in place for a marquee young rookie to step into.

Blowing the team up is a Chicago-Jordan move that is more than likely to be remember for the wrong reasons.

If BOS keeps the big 3, they will be a 6-7 seed for the next 3 years. It will also take up major cap space. That will keep BOS from getting a title. They wouldn't have the cap space or draft picks to add impact players.

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 01:40 AM
Things have to fall into place for every team to win. The Telfair deal was genius by Ainge, especially considering he made the Rondo deal the same year. He knew that he could have two talented PGs AND a great asset. The plan was to let the young guys play and suck (whochh they did). Then they could use Ratliff and the young guys to get a great deal. They were lucky in that SEA gave them Ray. The KG deal was well thought out.

Ill deal with this whenever I wake up.

There is a lot wrong with this post.

DaVille
06-30-2010, 01:47 AM
If BOS keeps the big 3, they will be a 6-7 seed for the next 3 years. It will also take up major cap space. That will keep BOS from getting a title. They wouldn't have the cap space or draft picks to add impact players.

Celtics got 4th seed, cause they didn't care. If Celtics tried harder in regular season, they would've had top2 seed. You have Rondo, so part of the rebuilding is done.

Right now, you fix the bench with a Sheed trade, and picking a good player with MLE. Get some bigs for the minimum, and you are good to go. Give another shot or two. Rondo isn't ready to be a #1 option yet, but he is well on his way with improved Jump-shot.

TheWatcher34
06-30-2010, 03:39 AM
Wow..
Maximum 4 year 96M with the celts
Maximum 4 year 93M with any other team.
Thats not a lot...

The Knicks should sign him lol.

i wouldnt mind having 3 million on my bank account within the next 4 years in the first place

cheerio
06-30-2010, 09:25 AM

What happens if Paul Pierce, now a free agent, and the Celtics cannot hammer out an extension? The ramifications would strike the team's cap and impact in free agency. Chris Forsberg of ESPNBoston.com explains. Blog

The All-Star forward has notified the Boston Celtics that he will opt out of the final year of his contract before Wednesday's deadline, which will make Pierce an unrestricted free agent for the first time.

Pierce's agent, Jeff Schwartz, confirmed the decision in a text message to ESPN.com.

By opting out, Pierce forfeits next season's $21.5 million salary and adds another layer of uncertainty to Boston's general outlook in the wake of a wholly unexpected playoff run that took them to within one win of the championship. Ray Allen also becomes an unrestricted free agent this week, while the organization continues to watch for popular coach Doc Rivers to decide if he wants to continue with the team or take a temporary leave from the bench grind to spend more time with family.

Pierce's name has scarcely been mentioned in the buildup to the summer of 2010 free-agent bonanza because, as with Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, most rival executives believe that the Celtics would never allow the 2008 NBA Finals MVP -- who has maintained for some time that he wants to retire a Celtic -- to leave the only team he's ever known.

Pierce, though, could wind up emerging as one of the more interesting big names to track. Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that Pierce will begin free agency by talking first to the Celtics when the market opens on Thursday at 12:01 a.m., but the 32-year-old is preparing to field other offers.

External interest in Pierce is hard to forecast because his potential free agency has been widely regarded as a formality for so long and because of the heavy load he has carried for the Celtics in recent seasons. But with so many teams stockpiling significant salary-cap space for this offseason, it's conceivable that Pierce will wind up attracting multiple suitors looking for a title-tested scoring option.

Pierce just played a pivotal role in helping Boston to extend the Los Angeles Lakers to a grueling seven games in the NBA Finals, after the Celtics had previously eliminated Dwyane Wade's Miami Heat, LeBron James' Cleveland Cavaliers and Dwight Howard's Orlando Magic as the No. 4 seed in the East. Yet it remains to be seen how much money he can command, from the Celtics or anyone else, with his 33rd birthday looming in October and the mileage he's racked up.

The most Boston can give Pierce is a four-year deal worth a maximum of $96 million, although the Celtics are naturally hoping to re-sign him for less than that as they seek to start restoring some financial flexibility to infuse the roster with some youth. The maximum Pierce could receive from other teams is a four-year deal worth $93 million.

Asked to gauge the likelihood of re-signing Pierce, Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said last week on WEEI Radio in Boston: "I don't know because he may be able to get a long-term contract somewhere else. It may be better than what we have [to offer]."

It seems unlikely that Pierce would receive a contract longer than four years, because a fifth season would begin when Pierce was 37, which would have costly salary-cap implications for any team signing him because of the NBA's over-36 rule.

Pierce, though, is eligible to secure a rare no-trade clause if he stays with the Celtics. Players with at least eight years of service time and at least four seasons with the same team can negotiate a no-trade provision into new contracts, which would not have been possible had Pierce agreed to an extension to his current contract before Thursday.

If it winds up re-signing Pierce for less than the maximum, as the team hopes, Boston will inevitably wind up pleased that its captain took this step, since any amount below the $21.5 million that Pierce was scheduled to earn in 2010-11 will net a savings of twice that amount because the Celtics are a luxury-tax team.

Pierce's incentive to stay, though, could be lessened if Allen and Rivers wind up leaving.

ESPN.com reported during the NBA Finals that two former Ainge teammates -- Kevin McHale and Vinny Del Negro -- had emerged as the two most likely candidates to replace Rivers if the Celtics wind up with a coaching opening, but NBA coaching sources reiterated Tuesday that Rivers is still deliberating over his future. Del Negro, meanwhile, interviewed Tuesday for the Los Angeles Clippers' vacancy and is one of two finalists for the post along with Mavericks assistant coach Dwane Casey

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 09:37 AM
Celtics got 4th seed, cause they didn't care. If Celtics tried harder in regular season, they would've had top2 seed. You have Rondo, so part of the rebuilding is done.

Right now, you fix the bench with a Sheed trade, and picking a good player with MLE. Get some bigs for the minimum, and you are good to go. Give another shot or two. Rondo isn't ready to be a #1 option yet, but he is well on his way with improved Jump-shot.

Exactly.

So suddenly Boston will become a 40 win team next season, after being in the NBA Finals? :laugh2: They knocked out everyone because you can't get through that defense.

Its funny seeing some of these ignorant posters suggest breaking up a Championship caliber team for the purpose of overpaying Rudy Gay. Then give it 1 full season and everyone is like "What can we trady Rudy's huge contract for?"

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 09:45 AM

1. Gadzuric & Bell fit right into GS because they're going to be flipped in order to dump a larger contract. Why would we trade away an asset like Biedrins for the sake of buying out Rasheed Wallace? :laugh2: Hes not taking a $1 Million Dollar buyout with Golden State and Golden State isn't taking on his contract for no purpose at all. Throw in 2 unprotected 1st Round Picks and you have a deal. Big Baby doesn't fit in GS. We already have 3 ****ing PF's.

2. Why would Memphis resign Brewer over Gay? You do realize Brewer played 5 games for Memphis this season and he was acquired as Memphis was trying to make a Playoff Push? So let me get your logic here? Memphis is not going to match Rudy Gay's contract when hes a fan favorite and leading scorer, instead choose to match a Full MLE deal for Brewer who has barely played for them? There is no such thing as it "may happen". Its not going to happen. Boston would be the team signing Brewer and and Memphis would be keeping Gay.

I hope you wake up after last night because some of your posts were ignorant to the core.

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 09:46 AM

1. Gadzuric & Bell fit right into GS because they're going to be flipped in order to dump a larger contract. Why would we trade away an asset like Biedrins for the sake of buying out Rasheed Wallace? :laugh2: Hes not taking a $1 Million Dollar buyout with Golden State and Golden State isn't taking on his contract for no purpose at all. Throw in 2 unprotected 1st Round Picks and you have a deal. Big Baby doesn't fit in GS. We already have 3 ****ing PF's.

2. Why would Memphis resign Brewer over Gay? You do realize Brewer played 5 games for Memphis this season and he was acquired as Memphis was trying to make a Playoff Push? So let me get your logic here? Memphis is not going to match Rudy Gay's contract when hes a fan favorite and leading scorer, instead choose to match a Full MLE deal for Brewer who has barely played for them? There is no such thing as it "may happen". Its not going to happen. Boston would be the team signing Brewer and and Memphis would be keeping Gay.

Some of your posts were ignorant to the core.

bagwell368
06-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Its a lot easier to accomplish those things when you play with 4 HOF in a weak era. 80s where no defense happened. Pierce is finally getting his chance at the latter of his career. He would've had 2 rings by now, if KG & Ray didn't screw up in game 7.

You forgot to mention that Pierce will destory Birds in total Points, when he sets sail.

1. John Havlicek 26395
2. Larry Bird 21791
3. Paul Pierce 19899

Weak era? Most serious fans and experts think that the 1980's is the best decade in basketball history. There are 2 Celt teams, 2 Lakers teams, 1 76'ers team, and 1 Pistons teams that would likely beat any of Jordan's teams - because the teams in the 80's were stronger. What the heck were the Bulls going to do with McHale? Then Parish runs wild. Cover Bird, DJ kills you, with Ainge and Walton on the '85-'86 team. Please.

Among the best 25 players of all time look at how many played in the 80's:

Jordan, Bird, Magic, McHale, Jabbar, Akeem, Moses Malone, Karl Malone, Stockton, Erving, Gilmore, Barkley, Parish, Drexler, Dantley

and others nearly as great: Ewing, Pippen, Buck Williams, Horace Grant, Wilkins, Gervin, McHale, Sikma, Terry Porter, Schrempf, Hornacek, Thorpe, Laimbeer, Perkins, Cheeks, English, Green, Bobby Jones, Mullin, KJ, Terry Cummings, Hawkins, Moncrief, Rodman, Oakley, and Kemp - all in the top 100 of all time.

How old are you BTW? Ever see a Celts team without pee pee on it? I saw Russell play sonny.

Total points?

Pierce has played 884 regular season games at an average of 22.5 ppg (don't forget the longer pee pee plays the lower that average will go).

Bird played 897 regular season games at a 22.8 ppg average - hmmm. And you claim PP is better?

How about relative shooting percentage? Bird;s effective shooting percentage is .514 - pee pee has a .495 which means that he has to shoot more to score the same - that number will sink the longer pee pee plays.

rebounding: pee pee 6.1 RPG - Bird 10.0 -- oops Bird crushes

Assists: pee pee 3.8 APG - Bird 6.3 -- oops Bird crushes

Blocks: pee pee 0.6 BPG - 0.8 -- Bird edges

Turnovers: pee pee 3.0 TOV -- 3.1 - but Bird handled the ball a lot more too. And get this, pee pee has 5 of the worst single game turnover totals - including a gem with 12. Bird does not appear at all on this list.

Stl: pee pee 1.5 SPG -- Bird 1.7 -- Bird edges pee pee

So as pee pee ages, all these stats per game totals will fall.

KG screwed up in game 7? When, and why are you making excuses for the Captain? What did he do besides yell at Rondo for the ball, and shoot too much, and try to be the hero, which at this stage he can't do because he isn't good enough. Didn't fat pee pee claim the Celts were not going back to LA, and then lay a massive egg in the 3rd game? Some leader.

How about playoffs?

Pee Pee has: Points: 21.4 TRB: 6.6 APG: 4.1 (101 games & 1 ring & 1 MVP: WS/48: .144 )

Larry Bird has: Points: 23.8 TRB: 10.3 APG: 6.5 (164 games & 3 rings & 2 MVP WS/48: .173)

Yeah, pee pee is inferior in the playoffs too. Give it up... Just to quantify it for you. According to win shares per game, Bird is 16.8% better - the difference between a Star and an all time great. I'm sorry you missed Bird, obviously you are a newbie Celt fan. p.s. regular season Bird is 14.8% better, and as I have said PP will decline. Bird's WS/48 is 18th all time, and may rise because some of the active guys are hitting some bad years. PP is 62nd right now with an excellent chance falling below #75 when he is done.

S-Dot
06-30-2010, 10:33 AM
I honestly doubt Paul will leave. I think he's testiing free agnecy after coming off a really good playoff run, and wants to get more money. Also, its not bad having your name thrown into the list of players in arguably the best free agency class of all times.

I would hate to see Paul leave the Celts, and I certainly doubt that he will leave that team.

bagwell368
06-30-2010, 10:39 AM

I'm sorry, I wish you were right, but the Celts are toast. Pierce is quickly losing whatever athletic ability he ever had, he can't even get 7 inches off the ground - a disaster for a player of his size.

Allen simply isn't a starter anymore, too old. 20 minutes a game - OK. 34? NFW. KG's knees are getting better, but he's been in the league since he was about 11, his body is aging rapidly and he probably cannot be the man anymore, although he will attempt to do it.

This team is spent. Ainge is on record saying he would have broken up the original big 3, rather then running them into the ground - I'm with that. Blow it the hell up.

S-Dot
06-30-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm sorry, I wish you were right, but the Celts are toast. Pierce is quickly losing whatever athletic ability he ever had, he can't even get 7 inches off the ground - a disaster for a player of his size.

Allen simply isn't a starter anymore, too old. 20 minutes a game - OK. 34? NFW. KG's knees are getting better, but he's been in the league since he was about 11, his body is aging rapidly and he probably cannot be the man anymore, although he will attempt to do it.

This team is spent. Ainge is on record saying he would have broken up the original big 3, rather then running them into the ground - I'm with that. Blow it the hell up.

Many teams would be happy to have Allen as a starter in my opinion. He's still a solid player.

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Weak era? Most serious fans and experts think that the 1980's is the best decade in basketball history. There are 2 Celt teams, 2 Lakers teams, 1 76'ers team, and 1 Pistons teams that would likely beat any of Jordan's teams - because the teams in the 80's were stronger. What the heck were the Bulls going to do with McHale? Then Parish runs wild. Cover Bird, DJ kills you, with Ainge and Walton on the '85-'86 team. Please.

Among the best 25 players of all time look at how many played in the 80's:

Jordan, Bird, Magic, McHale, Jabbar, Akeem, Moses Malone, Karl Malone, Stockton, Erving, Gilmore, Barkley, Parish, Drexler, Dantley

and others nearly as great: Ewing, Pippen, Buck Williams, Horace Grant, Wilkins, Gervin, McHale, Sikma, Terry Porter, Schrempf, Hornacek, Thorpe, Laimbeer, Perkins, Cheeks, English, Green, Bobby Jones, Mullin, KJ, Terry Cummings, Hawkins, Moncrief, Rodman, Oakley, and Kemp - all in the top 100 of all time.

How old are you BTW? Ever see a Celts team without pee pee on it? I saw Russell play sonny.

Total points?

Pierce has played 884 regular season games at an average of 22.5 ppg (don't forget the longer pee pee plays the lower that average will go).

Bird played 897 regular season games at a 22.8 ppg average - hmmm. And you claim PP is better?

How about relative shooting percentage? Bird;s effective shooting percentage is .514 - pee pee has a .495 which means that he has to shoot more to score the same - that number will sink the longer pee pee plays.

rebounding: pee pee 6.1 RPG - Bird 10.0 -- oops Bird crushes

Assists: pee pee 3.8 APG - Bird 6.3 -- oops Bird crushes

Blocks: pee pee 0.6 BPG - 0.8 -- Bird edges

Turnovers: pee pee 3.0 TOV -- 3.1 - but Bird handled the ball a lot more too. And get this, pee pee has 5 of the worst single game turnover totals - including a gem with 12. Bird does not appear at all on this list.

Stl: pee pee 1.5 SPG -- Bird 1.7 -- Bird edges pee pee

So as pee pee ages, all these stats per game totals will fall.

KG screwed up in game 7? When, and why are you making excuses for the Captain? What did he do besides yell at Rondo for the ball, and shoot too much, and try to be the hero, which at this stage he can't do because he isn't good enough. Didn't fat pee pee claim the Celts were not going back to LA, and then lay a massive egg in the 3rd game? Some leader.

How about playoffs?

Pee Pee has: Points: 21.4 TRB: 6.6 APG: 4.1 (101 games & 1 ring & 1 MVP: WS/48: .144 )

Larry Bird has: Points: 23.8 TRB: 10.3 APG: 6.5 (164 games & 3 rings & 2 MVP WS/48: .173)

Yeah, pee pee is inferior in the playoffs too. Give it up... Just to quantify it for you. According to win shares per game, Bird is 16.8% better - the difference between a Star and an all time great. I'm sorry you missed Bird, obviously you are a newbie Celt fan.

What the **** is your problem? You have been a Celtics fan since 1968 but you are coming across as a insecure player troll. I tried quoting this last night but my internet ****ed up.

Nobody ever suggested that Pierce was better than Bird. The dude suggested Pierce was going to pass Bird in scoring. Thats it.

Bird is a Top 10 player of All-Time. Pierce is a borderline Top 10 Celtic of All-Time.

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 10:48 AM

Well, you better hope you will be around in another 22 years to see them win another title again. Boston & rebuilding doesn't work together.

DaVille
06-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Bird is a Top 10 player of All-Time. Pierce is a borderline Top 10 Celtic of All-Time.

R_O_W_E, I'm convinced you hate Celtics and Paul Pierce. Who in there right mind would say Pierce is not top10 Celtics all-time? Pierce was/is face of the franchise for 12+ years. He gave life again to this dead franchise back in the 90s and most of 00s. Pierce owns many records and is in top5 in every possible category of the most storied in NBA.

R_O_W_E
06-30-2010, 11:38 AM
R_O_W_E, I'm convinced you hate Celtics and Paul Pierce. Who in there right mind would say Pierce is not top10 Celtics all-time? Pierce was/is face of the franchise for 12+ years. He gave life again to this dead franchise back in the 90s and most of 00s. Pierce owns many records and is in top5 in every possible category of the most storied in NBA.

I never said he wasn't Top 10. I said he was borderline. Some people don't consider him in the Top 10. Others do.

DaVille
06-30-2010, 11:47 AM
I never said he wasn't Top 10. I said he was borderline. Some people don't consider him in the Top 10. Others do..

This all came up with Charles Barkley all-star game diss. Besides this last run on the Celtics, I don't think Barkley watched Celtics games in the last 15years.

Besides Havlicek & Bird, Celtics have not had a better scorer. Right now with possibility 3-4 years in green, Pierce will own many records.

Pierce is 5th in FG, 1st FTA, 1st FTM, 8th in assists, 2nd in steals, and 3rd in points.

Top 5 easily.

Lakerfrk
06-30-2010, 11:53 AM
I never said he wasn't Top 10. I said he was borderline. Some people don't consider him in the Top 10. Others do.

Im one of those who don't

1. Larry Bird
2. Bill Russell
3. John Havlicheck
4. Bob Cousy
5. Kevin McHale
6. Robert Parrish
7. Dave Cowens
8. Dennis Johnson
9. Sam Jones
10. Bill Sharman
THEN 11. Paul Pierce

magichatnumber9
06-30-2010, 11:53 AM
What the **** is your problem? You have been a Celtics fan since 1968 but you are coming across as a insecure player troll. I tried quoting this last night but my internet ****ed up.

Nobody ever suggested that Pierce was better than Bird. The dude suggested Pierce was going to pass Bird in scoring. Thats it.

Bags speaks the truth. That's all there is to it. He don't care who you are, at the end of the conversation you will understand that he knows what he's talking about. Don't take it personal. You yourself get a little hot sometimes I've seen you get like this :mad: and only trouble follows

magichatnumber9
06-30-2010, 11:54 AM

1. Larry Bird
2. Bill Russell
3. John Havlicheck
4. Bob Cousy
5. Kevin McHale
6. Robert Parrish
7. Dave Cowens
8. Dennis Johnson
9. Sam Jones
10. Bill Sharman
THEN 11. Paul PierceThat's a sexy list

Kakaroach
06-30-2010, 11:57 AM
I just don't see him leaving Boston, he just wants some security because of the new CBA agreement next year.

kurivaimu
06-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Hmm.
Things get interesting for Boston. Danny Ainges has said that the worst nightmare for him would be to hold the big three together for too long. Now Ray is a free agent and Pierce is a free agent.
Im sure the celtics offer Pierce somekind of contract considering hes been their main guy for a decade now. The question is, what pierce wants to do?! Its pretty obvious that the celtics need something new. KG isnt getting any younger and besides the starting five the team is crap.
I think that theres is a real good chance that pierce signs elsewhere. That gives the celtics cap space to go out for a second tier free agent and other filling. Maybe Rudy Gay ?

magichatnumber9
06-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Hmm.
Things get interesting for Boston. Danny Ainges has said that the worst nightmare for him would be to hold the big three together for too long. Now Ray is a free agent and Pierce is a free agent.
Im sure the celtics offer Pierce somekind of contract considering hes been their main guy for a decade now. The question is, what pierce wants to do?! Its pretty obvious that the celtics need something new. KG isnt getting any younger and besides the starting five the team is crap.
I think that theres is a real good chance that pierce signs elsewhere. That gives the celtics cap space to go out for a second tier free agent and other filling. Maybe Rudy Gay ?The best thing Danny can do is hand deliver to Wyc Mr. Kevin Pritchard and say this man will do a better job then me in building a winner next to Rajon Rondo and become neighbors with Doc Rivers

Mplsman
06-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Ouch that would begin the rebuilding movement for the celtics.

RaiderLakersA's
06-30-2010, 12:56 PM
If Ray Allen and Paul Pierce leave, it likely means that Doc Rivers is also gone. The Celtics will be in full rebuilding mode. The good news is that now is probably one of the best times to do that.

DaVille
06-30-2010, 12:56 PM

1. Larry Bird
2. Bill Russell
3. John Havlicheck
4. Bob Cousy
5. Kevin McHale
6. Robert Parrish
7. Dave Cowens
8. Dennis Johnson
9. Sam Jones
10. Bill Sharman
THEN 11. Paul Pierce

I'll give top4. Pierce is def top5-6. A lot of those guys have prestige & historic symbolism. But if you compare their career stats side-by-side, Pierce would be in the top3.

The Raven
06-30-2010, 01:19 PM
I really can't see him leaving Boston. All i see him doing is testing the waters to see what kind of deal he can get from other teams to sort of course Boston into offering more then what they are offering now

Statik1
06-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Hmm.
I think that theres is a real good chance that pierce signs elsewhere. That gives the celtics cap space to go out for a second tier free agent and other filling. Maybe Rudy Gay ?

The Grizz will match any offer for him.

He's restricted.

OT Thriller
06-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Doc is coming back now do you think Pierce will really leave? Perkins is out till December or January, KG adds another year, Allen might be gone. If I was Pierce, this would be the time to leave but then Doc comes back for nothing. I am very interested to see how this turns out. Gotta love free agency!