PDA

View Full Version : Is There A Scenario Where A Team Will End Up Better Than The Lakers?

J4KOP99
06-29-2010, 10:41 AM
I keep hearing different rumors of who is going where and how the fan's of these respective teams get more excited by the day but when I look at the projected rosters, I don't know if any team would actually be better than the current Lakers team.

Let's go over a few "best possible" scenario's that could happen during this years free agency:

Chicago: There has been a lot of talk that LeBron would love to go here and would bring Bosh with him...

PG- Rose
SG-?
SF-LeBron
PF-Bosh
C-Noah

or

PG-Rose
SG-Joe Johnson
SF-LeBron
PF-?
C-Noah

Miami- Tons of people are saying that LeBron and Bosh may end up hear, teaming up with Wade. Only problem is, if this were to happen, Miami would have to lose Beasley to make room... leaving Miami with only 1 current player on their roster. How the hell do they fill it up?

PG-Chalmers
SG-Wade
SF-LeBron
PF-Bosh
C-?

or

Chalmers
Wade
Beasley
Boozer
?

NY Knicks-Looks like they are way behind on the LeBron sweepstakes but who knows at this point. A lot of talk about Amar'e and JJ teaming up in NY.

PG- Toney Douglas
SG-JJ
SF-Gallinari
PF-Lee?/Amar'e
C-Lee?/Amar'e

or
Toney Douglas
?
LeBron
Amar'e/Bosh
?

Nets- They have a great supporting cast but I highly doubt any of these top FA's will "want" to play in New Jersey for 2 years.
PG-Harris
SG-JJ
SF -? LeBron?
PF-Bosh/Amar'e
C-Lopez

--Those are just a few options, if you guys think of any other potential starting line-ups, go for it. But this is the huge problem, these teams are completely depleted. How on earth will Miami fill out their roster if they do end up creating a "big 3?"

Here is our potential starting 5 and we still need a few signings on the bench:

Fisher
Bryant
Artest
Gasol
Bynum

We match up very well with all of those potential teams and the only one that maybe gives us trouble would be a Bulls or Nets team. Other than that, the other teams don't have a good enough supporting cast to play with us.

So, I hear a lot of panicking from fans of all teams but as Lakers fans, do we need to worry at all?

domz248
06-29-2010, 10:53 AM
3 finals 2 rings nothing has changed .. kobe and bynum will be healthy next year ... we will have a brand new bench ... were not defending champions were back 2 back defending champions

dru5151
06-29-2010, 11:14 AM
I'm not really worried about other teams, but that doesn't mean that we should not strengthen our team as well. We need to add some good bench players.

To answer your question, look at the celtics in 2008. They gave up half their team to make the big 3, and everyone said that that was all they had and that they had no bench, but their bench stepped up big for them when they needed them to. I guess what I am saying is don't sleep on any team because some teams will surprise you when it matters most.

Lets take care of ourselves first and we won't have to worry about anyone else.

aerion123
06-29-2010, 11:20 AM
There may be 2 teams that can beat us at the end of all this free agency fiasco.

The Bulls. Who cares if they don't have a 2 guard. If they can sign Lebron and Bosh. They would get through anyone in the East. And more than likely anyone in the west except the Lakers. Rose would shred us unless guarded by Kobe witch would take a ton of his offensive energy away believe it or not. Noah is one of those guys who has energy who can take care of Bynum. Their bench would be better. Deng and Taj Gibson is better than Odom and Sasha.

But I still think if LA can get home court we would win in 7.

Dallas. They will choke I know this but that doesn't meen they won't be a threat. If they resign Dirk and can lure Joe Johnson. They can make a series with us. They would lose Caron and Damps contract. I know Laker fans including me are cocky like no one can beat us. But Dallas is very capable if they can put that together.

Kidd
Johnson
Marion
Dirk
Center???

Bench
Terry
Buboious
Stevenson
JJ

That's a team without a center who can unseat us.

Avenged
06-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Not really worried where other FA's end up going.

I think the only real precaution the Lakers should have is if somehow Lebron ends up with 2 other top FA's (Wade/Bosh/Amare/Dirk). Other than that, the Lakers should be good to go with a few tweaks to their bench.

lakers4sho
06-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Only if Dallas somehow gets D-Wade without giving up Dirk or blowing up their roster (but that's not going to happen). Other than that I could care less where 0-time champion LeBron goes.

New Power House
06-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Not really worried where other FA's end up going.

I think the only real precaution the Lakers should have is if somehow Lebron ends up with 2 other top FA's (Wade/Bosh/Amare/Dirk). Other than that, the Lakers should be good to go with a few tweaks to their bench.

On paper either Chicago or Miami look like the potential contenders to challenge us for the ring,but Lakers have the advantage because of experience and time playing together.

ldawg
06-29-2010, 05:09 PM
The new Lakers

Jack
Kobe
Artest
Bosh
Pau