PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Livingston is the best free agent PG

Chinatownbiznes
06-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Anybody who picks him up with probably get him for cheap and it would be a steal. Guy still has so much potential and was starting to beast at the end of the year with the wizards.
Who do you think would be a good fit for him?

Ragun
06-29-2010, 10:36 AM
i wouldnt mind seeing him in toronto if the raps get rid of calderon.

but felton>livingston

black1605
06-29-2010, 10:40 AM
eh...maybe, but not by much. Felton has leveled off a bit....if Felton does walk, id like to see Livingston sign with the Bobcats

Chinatownbiznes
06-29-2010, 10:42 AM
i wouldnt mind seeing him in toronto if the raps get rid of calderon.

but felton>livingston

No, Livingston is an all around playmaker who is developing a shot, which would complete his game.

mikantsass
06-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Maybe if this was 5 years ago, but injuries unfortunately have killed his career

Pierzynski4Prez
06-29-2010, 10:45 AM
if you're looking for someone to come in and play 15-25 games a year, this is your guy.

mia305king
06-29-2010, 10:46 AM
lmao

tdunk21
he is the tmac version of PG's......often injured...he will be taken as a backup but not starter tbh

BALLER71
He was pretty good with Washington. I'd love to see him back with the Heat. And I average 10-10-6 with him in 2k10 :D

J4KOP99
06-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Everytime I hear his name I cringe. That was the most disgusting injury I have ever seen. As for the thread, someone said Toronto which could be a good fit where he would get a lot of minutes. Maybe New York or Indiana.

Chinatownbiznes
06-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Maybe if this was 5 years ago, but injuries unfortunately have killed his career

No.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/shaun_livingston/game_by_game_stats.html

check his stats when he actually got playing time, check his averages for april and may. You sir are wrong.

jtrinaldi
06-29-2010, 10:49 AM
BRANDON JENNINGS is the only one better then the beastly Shaun Livingston.
FTMFD

tdunk21
06-29-2010, 10:51 AM
BRANDON JENNINGS is the only one better then the beastly Shaun Livingston.
FTMFD

thread is about shaun livingston...:facepalm:

black1605
06-29-2010, 10:51 AM
No.

check his stats when he actually got playing time, check his averages for april and may. You sir are wrong.

his may stats are 0 ppg 0 apg 0 rpg...the Wiz didnt make the playoffs

Carey
06-29-2010, 10:52 AM
His explosiveness is mostly gone but he's still a good player. He really developed a nice pull up game, pretty decent defensively and of course still has the special vision and passing ability that made him a lottery pick.

Chinatownbiznes
06-29-2010, 10:54 AM
his may stats are 0 ppg 0 apg 0 rpg...the Wiz didnt make the playoffs

I meant march, but you get the point.

R_O_W_E
06-29-2010, 11:03 AM
His explosiveness is mostly gone but he's still a good player. He really developed a nice pull up game, pretty decent defensively and of course still has the special vision and passing ability that made him a lottery pick.

Was he ever that explosive to begin with? I always remember him being tall skinny and having a high upside once he improved his shooting.

FinsSuperBowl
06-29-2010, 11:18 AM
He would do good on Indy. He is still a 6'7 pg with great ball handling and passing ability. He is a taller poor mans Rondo

Carey
06-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Was he ever that explosive to begin with? I always remember him being tall skinny and having a high upside once he improved his shooting.

He was quick, he could get to spots on the floor he cant necessarily get to now. He was never lightning quick but he's not the threat in the open court he was in LA.

D Roses Bulls
06-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Anybody who picks him up with probably get him for cheap and it would be a steal. Guy still has so much potential and was starting to beast at the end of the year with the wizards.
Who do you think would be a good fit for him?

I know we arnt suppose to troll, but come on man. livingston is one of the most overrated players to ever come in the draft. people said he was the next magic johnson. i remember having debates in high school everyone thought i was crazy when i said d howard was a better prospect at the time. livingston is still quite young, but he has been injured so much in his career that he wont be that much of an impact ever.

06-29-2010, 11:36 AM
I agree the guys a baller if he can stay healthy. Not knowing his contract status as a free agent, I actually was hoping he was included in the Kirk Hinrich trade. The way he plays, he's never been the most explosive guy. He could jump decently. What set him apart though was his passing. He's a true point guard definitely.

LTBaByyy
06-29-2010, 11:56 AM
he is the tmac version of PG's......often injured...he will be taken as a backup but not starter tbh

WOW haha Tmac has proven way more!!!!!!
Not even close he's the greg oden of pgs so much potential at the beginning of his career

Stunner
06-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Shaun Living got game heard the Knicks are going to go hard after him.

Chinatownbiznes
06-29-2010, 12:05 PM
I know we arnt suppose to troll, but come on man. livingston is one of the most overrated players to ever come in the draft. people said he was the next magic johnson. i remember having debates in high school everyone thought i was crazy when i said d howard was a better prospect at the time. livingston is still quite young, but he has been injured so much in his career that he wont be that much of an impact ever.

Ok buddy.

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-29-2010, 12:09 PM

If he takes a minimum contract im all for that.. I watched him live in the Knicks home finale and he looked really good. He still has great court vision and he's getting his legs back....... I saw 2 or 3 really explosive drives that game. If he does some more work this summer he's a great cheap option..

R_O_W_E
06-29-2010, 12:13 PM
If he takes a minimum contract im all for that.. I watched him live in the Knicks home finale and he looked really good. He still has great court vision and he's getting his legs back....... I saw 2 or 3 really explosive drives that game. If he does some more work this summer he's a great cheap option..

Has he improved his shooting range?

That could be a pretty good fit if he can knock down 3's.

Double_R
06-29-2010, 12:18 PM

Well said...
This guy was always overrated, just like Stephen A Smith who kept saying he was gonna be the best player in the 04 draft... He never looked that good even when he was healthy, I don't recall thinking he's explosive or man he has exceptional court vision... He was a bust before injuries...

I don't know what's up with all this Lebron and Bosh talk when Livingston and Adam Morrison are really the next dynamic duo.

Chinatownbiznes
06-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Well said...
This guy was always overrated, just like Stephen A Smith who kept saying he was gonna be the best player in the 04 draft... He never looked that good even when he was healthy, I don't recall thinking he's explosive or man he has exceptional court vision... He was a bust before injuries...

I don't know what's up with all this Lebron and Bosh talk when Livingston and Adam Morrison are really the next dynamic duo.

Leave comedy to the professionals.
Lol @ anybody disagreeing but not naming a free agent PG who is better.

mikantsass
06-29-2010, 12:23 PM
No.

Wow so he beat out Randy Foye and Earl Boykins for playing time in April games that meant nothing against teams that were resting their starters.....

Sign me up!

Stunner
06-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Shaun Living and A-Mo in NYC? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM CHAMPIONSHIP!

mikantsass
06-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Leave comedy to the professionals.
Lol @ anybody disagreeing but not naming a free agent PG who is better.

Off the top of my head:
Felton, Iverson, Nate Robinson, Will Bynum, Ridnour, Steve Blake

Chinatownbiznes
06-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Off the top of my head:

Nate is a 5'7 hybrid guard, felton isn't good at all, what you see is what you get with him and that isn't much. Will bynum, please. Blake will be lucky to put up 9 and 6 on any team, good luck with that guy. Ridnour is more of a hybrid again. Lmao @ naming iverson, good luck with those guys.

Chinatownbiznes
06-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Wow so he beat out Randy Foye and Earl Boykins for playing time in April games that meant nothing against teams that were resting their starters.....

Sign me up!

Your sarcasm fails. Young players often get playing time near the end of the season to prove what they can do, only a moron wouldn't recognize that.

SluggeR
06-29-2010, 12:37 PM
I wouldn't say he's the best. That knee will always be a concern, but the kid is still young and has potential. He has alot to prove before a team invest heavily in him.

xbrackattackx
06-29-2010, 12:37 PM
I am a fan of Livingston. I would let him him back up d-fish for sure.

Chinatownbiznes
06-29-2010, 12:40 PM
I am a fan of Livingston. I would let him him back up d-fish for sure.

The lakers should take a chance on him.

xbrackattackx
06-29-2010, 12:42 PM
I don't think we are gonna get a PG if PJ stays. He has been talking to Sasha about handling to the ball more this season.

sugarrayray
06-29-2010, 12:45 PM
No.

You sir are wrong. Any playoff team needing a point guard right now would easily sign Ridnour or Felton over him. Livingstong had more potential than either of those guys, but he was logging minutes on a team that didn't count this year.

He still has a lot to prove. You say he's developing a shot. It's still yet to be determined how good that will be. He might still have potential. But Ridnour and Felton are easily much better than him at this moment.

Hell, I would take Barea, Fisher, or Steve Blake's weak *** over Livingston if a playoff team needed help in the immediate future. Livingston is definitely not prepared to run a playoff team for 20-25 minutes a night right now.

This announcement by you is way too premature. Check back in 2 years or so.

Chinatownbiznes
06-29-2010, 12:46 PM
I don't think we are gonna get a PG if PJ stays. He has been talking to Sasha about handling to the ball more this season.

Isn't farmar leaving though?

Giannis94
06-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Who is livingston?

Chinatownbiznes
06-29-2010, 12:48 PM
You sir are wrong. Any playoff team needing a point guard right now would easily sign Ridnour or Felton over him. Livingstong had more potential than either of those guys, but he was logging minutes on a team that didn't count this year.

He still has a lot to prove. You say he's developing a shot. It's still yet to be determined how good that will be. He might still have potential. But Ridnour and Felton are easily much better than him at this moment.

Hell, I would take Barea, Fisher, or Steve Blake's weak *** over Livingston if a playoff team needed help in the immediate future. Livingston is definitely not prepared to run a playoff team for 20-25 minutes a night right now.

This announcement by you is way too premature. Check back in 2 years or so.

You can take those bums who have proved that they cant win, or you can take a young PG who has mass potential and played better than all of those guys at the end of the year.

xbrackattackx
06-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Isn't farmar leaving though?

Farmar and Brown both are but Cupkake doesn't wanna spend money.

sugarrayray
06-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Nate is a 5'7 hybrid guard, felton isn't good at all, what you see is what you get with him and that isn't much. Will bynum, please. Blake will be lucky to put up 9 and 6 on any team, good luck with that guy. Ridnour is more of a hybrid again. Lmao @ naming iverson, good luck with those guys.

Ridnour is a hybrid??!?! AHhahah! NO! Wrong indeed! Not even close. He's 6'2, 175 with point guard skills. The only time he's ever played shooting guard in his career was last year when Redd went down and he and Jennings logged some time together before the Bucks acquired Salmons. You obviously have never watched Ridnour play if you think he is a hybrid.

You say Felton isn't good at all. You say Will Bynum, please. Is this according to you? Felton started on a playoff team this year. You don't give any explanation why he's no good. You just announce it. You obviously don't know much about basketball because your saying some very stupid things. Your just one of those guys who sees somebody have good stats at the end of the year and tries to announce he's the next best thing.

Really, anybody who thinks little Luke Ridnour is a hybrid should go back to school and take Basketball 101.

I got one for your. I think Chris Douglas Roberts will be good. But I'm not saying: Douglas Roberts averaged 17 points per game last year when Lawrence Frank was his coach. He's the best young shooting guard in the league hands down. No questions.

You can't judge guys on 2 months of their career. Go out on a limb to propose the idea, don't try to announce it like you know everything when your obviously so wrong.

Double_R
06-29-2010, 01:03 PM
You can take those bums who have proved that they cant win, or you can take a young PG who has mass potential and played better than all of those guys at the end of the year.

What is this potential you talk of? All that left with his knee

"It's probably the most serious injury you can have to the knee," Clippers physician Dr. Tony Daly said Tuesday.

Livingston had an MRI exam Tuesday which revealed tears in the anterior cruciate ligament, posterior cruciate ligament, medial collateral ligament and lateral meniscus.

He also dislocated his patella, besides the previously diagnosed dislocation of his tibia-femoral. As a rookie in 2004, he dislocated his right knee.

Double_R
06-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Ridnour is a hybrid??!?! AHhahah! NO! Wrong indeed! Not even close. He's 6'2, 175 with point guard skills. The only time he's ever played shooting guard in his career was last year when Redd went down and he and Jennings logged some time together before the Bucks acquired Salmons. You obviously have never watched Ridnour play if you think he is a hybrid.

You say Felton isn't good at all. You say Will Bynum, please. Is this according to you? Felton started on a playoff team this year. You don't give any explanation why he's no good. You just announce it. You obviously don't know much about basketball because your saying some very stupid things. Your just one of those guys who sees somebody have good stats at the end of the year and tries to announce he's the next best thing.

Really, anybody who thinks little Luke Ridnour is a hybrid should go back to school and take Basketball 101.

I got one for your. I think Chris Douglas Roberts will be good. But I'm not saying: Douglas Roberts averaged 17 points per game last year when Lawrence Frank was his coach. He's the best young shooting guard in the league hands down. No questions.

You can't judge guys on 2 months of their career. Go out on a limb to propose the idea, don't try to announce it like you know everything when your obviously so wrong.

Thanks for saying it so I didn't have to

Chinatownbiznes
06-29-2010, 01:08 PM

He was basically a shooting guard last year with some point guard skills at 6'2 175, thanks for making my point that he is a hybrid.

Felton is inconsistent with every part of his game. Bynum just sucks all around, which is why he was a d-league player.

You are clearly reaching by giving a dumb example as 17 points wouldn't be close to being the best young shooting guard, but if you used that same example and he was a free agent and said " cdr is the best young free agent shooting guard available" then you would have a point.

You sir just lost

Double_R
06-29-2010, 01:13 PM
I would take Felton, 5'9'' Nate, Ridnour(who is a pg, apparently you started watching basketball a couple months ago) all before Livingston...

xbrackattackx
06-29-2010, 01:13 PM
I would take Felton, 5'9'' Nate, Ridnour(who is a pg, apparently you started watching basketball a couple months ago) all before Livingston...

Ridnour is beyond Nasty with some of his passes. He is a great great pass first PG.

Chinatownbiznes
06-29-2010, 01:15 PM

And your team would suck. Risks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>safe calls.
Word to drafting drew gooden over amare.
You can always get a player like those guys you named, dime a dozen, but you can't say the same for livingston.

06-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Off the top of my head:

Felton - Yes
Nate Robinson - No
Iverson - No
Will Bynum - No
Ridnour - No
Steve Blake - No

With Iverson I'm taking into consideration that he never has really been a true point guard but instead a score first guard. Which was fine when he was young and awesome. But he just can't do it anymore. Nate Robinson is a shoot first point guard who is and never will be even close to Iverson.

Out of your list, I only agree with Raymond Felton being a better free agent point guard.

mikantsass
06-29-2010, 02:04 PM

Your sarcasm fails. Young players often get playing time near the end of the season to prove what they can do, only a moron wouldn't recognize that.

Go back to China. You probably think Yi is better than Duncan too. Clown. Good job providing logic. Nate is 5'7 what does that have to do with anything? Felton isnt good at all? He had a pretty dam good year on a playoff team. Bynum would have easily started on the Wiz over Livingston Foye and Tiny. Iverson vs Livingston is laughable. Ridnour couldnt be more of a pure PG, watch a Bucks game will you. Blake putting up 9 and 6 is better than what Livingston can do with no knees.

Im done with you

xbrackattackx
06-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Go back to China. You probably think Yi is better than Duncan too. Clown.

Chinatown is not in China. C'mon man don't try and be racist, you are better than that.

Swashcuff
06-29-2010, 02:08 PM
I Love Shaun Livingston but quite frankly this thread shows exactly how overrated he really is. I can't believe what I'm reading.

You guys who say Livingston is the best FA PG can't be serious.

Luke Ridnour, Steve Blake and Raymond Felton are CLEARLY better POINT GUARDS than Livingston. Could someone please tell me what Shaun Livingston has proven in the NBA for someone to say without a shadow of a doubt that he's better than them. Has he played night in night out as the starting PG of a team who made the playoffs. Has he shown the ability to lead a team, control the pace, make wise decisions and adapt during the course of a game, and over an entire season.

Some please please please I am begging you please back your case up and tell me what he has proven. Because as far as I have witnessed he's extremely talented (more than any other FA PG) but in the NBA talent does not always translate into success. As we have already seen.

dstruong
06-29-2010, 02:08 PM
kyle lowry > shaun livingston

Swashcuff
06-29-2010, 02:15 PM
The OP has no real argument here. If you said he has the potential and youth on his side yes. But The Best. You must be crazy. And I'm sure I'm a much bigger Livingston fan than most posters here.

Chinatownbiznes
06-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Go back to China. You probably think Yi is better than Duncan too. Clown. Good job providing logic. Nate is 5'7 what does that have to do with anything? Felton isnt good at all? He had a pretty dam good year on a playoff team. Bynum would have easily started on the Wiz over Livingston Foye and Tiny. Iverson vs Livingston is laughable. Ridnour couldnt be more of a pure PG, watch a Bucks game will you. Blake putting up 9 and 6 is better than what Livingston can do with no knees.

Im done with you

I don't see how you got me thinking yi is better than duncan from my posts, but ok bud. You hurt my feelings with that part about going back to china, please dont say it again or i might cry :(

Gators123
06-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Bynums 20 assist game last year>>>>>>Livingston career

CityofTreez
06-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Shaun Livinsgton :laugh2:

JNA17
06-29-2010, 02:52 PM
no

HarlemWorld4eva
06-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Knicks should snatch him up for cheap!

Double_R
06-29-2010, 03:19 PM
And your team would suck. Risks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>safe calls.
Word to drafting drew gooden over amare.
You can always get a player like those guys you named, dime a dozen, but you can't say the same for livingston.

That's why all the NBA execs have been fighting over him... I'm all for a team taking a chance, but you think that a team that wants to win is gonna go after a guy who isn't the passer you want him to be, not a good defender, and is "working" on a jump shot, is gonna be the pick up of the year... come on man, you must be hanging out with Bam Morris...

And to the Lakers fan that said he was a true pass first pg... that was my point read earlier posts

Chinatownbiznes
06-29-2010, 03:31 PM
That's why all the NBA execs have been fighting over him... I'm all for a team taking a chance, but you think that a team that wants to win is gonna go after a guy who isn't the passer you want him to be, not a good defender, and is "working" on a jump shot, is gonna be the pick up of the year... come on man, you must be hanging out with Bam Morris...

And to the Lakers fan that said he was a true pass first pg... that was my point read earlier posts

Livingston is a great passer wtf

Swashcuff
06-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Bynums 20 assist game last year>>>>>>Livingston career

as ignorant as this sounds its sadly true.

AI4MVP
06-29-2010, 03:40 PM
shaun livingston is a BOSSSS. i can see him excelling in a place like New York

dolfan720
06-29-2010, 03:43 PM
kyle lowery is

Swashcuff
06-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Livingston is a great passer wtf

dude what has Shaun Proven throughout his tenure in the league for you to deem him the BEST PG on the FA market? Give me some facts instead of just potential and being average for a brief stint at the end of the season with a bad team.

AI4MVP
06-29-2010, 03:46 PM
anyone who actually watched what he did with the wizards last season knows hes better then blake and ridnour without a doubt. arguably better then felton. i dont think its absurd to say hes the best free agent point guard in the nba

Chinatownbiznes
06-29-2010, 03:57 PM
anyone who actually watched what he did with the wizards last season knows hes better then blake and ridnour without a doubt. arguably better then felton. i dont think its absurd to say hes the best free agent point guard in the nba

Basically, none of these dudes watched him.

Stunner
06-29-2010, 04:06 PM

have to agree Shaun Living got major piff mos deff he came on strong towards the end of the season. getting himself back up to speed. He is one of the top 3 young pg on in free agency this year either. He isnt that injury prone he really only had one major injury and the was the knee and when he was trying to come back he wasnt fully healed yet. But the kid can play i hope he go starts for New York or the Pacers could he can play. If starting next year i can see 14 5 and 7 from him. IMO

Stunner
06-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Shaun Living with the Wiz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW7Kx9-LP1w

Twolves88
06-29-2010, 04:21 PM
I think he'll always be a backup point gaurd at best. More of a journeyman type. He is comming into his own but he was excpected to do huge things with the clippers when he was drafted...

SluggeR
06-29-2010, 04:28 PM

Where did u hear that?

chitown 4 life
06-29-2010, 04:32 PM
i would take him to back up d-rose but i think the team that should get him is orlando they need a true pg that can see the whole cort and pass the rock...

xxseven72ducexx
06-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Knicks baby

Stunner
06-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Where did u hear that?

This was said a while back when the playoffs started and around when Shaun said he wasnt gonna come back to the Wiz there were reports the Knicks where going to look at him. Not really going hard but they are going to check him out. I think that would be a great fit for him to start there.

http://www.hoopsnotes.com/2010/04/knicks-are-interested-in-shaun-livingston/

Russell_Roberts
06-29-2010, 04:37 PM
bobcats

SluggeR
06-29-2010, 04:38 PM
If he can come all the way back and reach his potential, it would make for a good story

PHX2daDEATH
06-29-2010, 04:43 PM
I think the Knicks would be better fit for Felton.. I think D'Antoni can make him an All-Star if he surrounds him with top notch players.. The Most ive seen of Shaun was back in the 07 playoffs against the Suns and I remember him giving us a lot of problems because of his height at the PG spot, that being said he'd be real scary coming off the laker bench with L.O.

thekmp211
06-29-2010, 05:02 PM
lol the PSD nba gm symposium...who thinks they know more about basketball than the other??

livingston should get a shot as a legit backup on a good team.

he can still play in the league, if he ever develops a jumper perhaps he can start.

Stunner
06-29-2010, 06:35 PM
lol the PSD nba gm symposium...who thinks they know more about basketball than the other??

livingston should get a shot as a legit backup on a good team.

he can still play in the league, if he ever develops a jumper perhaps he can start.

lol x2

homestarunner93
06-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Felton blows Livingston out of the water.

ldc62
06-29-2010, 07:55 PM
If we count RFA then Lowry is better than him.

Felton is better as well.

bosoxlover12
06-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Nate Robinson>Livingston IMO

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16623

Stunner
06-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Nate Robinson>Livingston IMO

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16623

no Felton is better than Livingston but Shaun has more upside and Kyle is a lil better than him but not that much. And Nate no i would not like him running more team. more of a 6th man really small SG.

Kakaroach
06-29-2010, 08:27 PM
If Livingtston is actually 100% healthy, whoever signs him could end up getting a huge steal, specifically if its a long term deal.

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 08:30 PM
uuugh...who?

(enough said)

must be a sad free agent class...oh wait

Stunner
06-29-2010, 08:33 PM
uuugh...who?

(enough said)

must be a sad free agent class...oh wait

smh u dont knw about him its sad his story knw around the league.

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 08:38 PM
you're right...i don't know about him...the reason hardly anyone knows about him is because he's a role player...and role players are one dimensional and mostly irrelevant

lol...sorry, i just found it hilarious when i saw the thread title...i was thinking "who even knew or cares he's a free agent?"

stuckyfreshhh
06-29-2010, 08:39 PM
i havent seen that much of raymond felton. but from what i've read, and the fact they drafted dj agustine tells me he isnt to good. but since i havent seen him play much i wont say livingston is better.

but i will say this livingston in 2 years will turn out to be the best PG in this FA class. the kid was on track to having a good career before he had the most gruesome injury ive ever seen. and to people who say he was a bust i will strongely disagree. he was very good in the 07 playoffs and had he not suffered a freak injury he would not have ever been mentioned as a bust.

he has great size (6'7), he is a capable defender due to his size. he can play multiple positions he played SF for the thunder summer league team. he has great vision and is a terrific passer, and he is a hard worker most people's career wouldve been over but he has worked extremely hard to rehab that knee. i can only hope this kid succeeds. dont get me wrong i love john wall, but i woulda been fine with livingston at PG and d.cousins at C/PF

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 08:42 PM
so will he completely heal from this injury?n that's wa a gruesome injury

rhino17
06-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Kyle Lowry is a better free agent PG

Jaji
06-29-2010, 08:54 PM
I always liked him. But he was doomed the day the Clippers got a hold of him :facepalm:.

Stunner
06-29-2010, 09:04 PM
you're right...i don't know about him...the reason hardly anyone knows about him is because he's a role player...and role players are one dimensional and mostly irrelevant

lol...sorry, i just found it hilarious when i saw the thread title...i was thinking "who even knew or cares he's a free agent?"

He was the 4th pick in the 2004 draft he was coming into his own until he had a horrid knee injury. Took a few years to get back to him self. Last year with the Wizards he was starting to look like his old self putting up 15 7 and 4 starting. He plays both sides of the ball, 6'7 good passer, decent defense, almost automatic turnaround jumper in the post, developing jumpshot and is only 24.

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 09:13 PM
word...thanks for the knowledge

4th pick? damn i shoudda heard of him (besides the injury i kept seeing on tv)

well hopefully he's completely recovered and lives up to his expectations

Kakaroach
06-29-2010, 09:15 PM
He was the 4th pick in the 2004 draft he was coming into his own until he had a horrid knee injury. Took a few years to get back to him self. Last year with the Wizards he was starting to look like his old self putting up 15 7 and 4 starting. He plays both sides of the ball, 6'7 good passer, decent defense, almost automatic turnaround jumper in the post, developing jumpshot and is only 24.

word...thanks for the knowledge

4th pick? damn i shoudda heard of him (besides the injury i kept seeing on tv)

well hopefully he's completely recovered and lives up to his expectations I love it when PSDers work it out. :D

Anyway this is the truth, if Livingston is fully healthy, he can be a very good starter.

_KB24_
06-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Remember the Magic Johnson comparisons? I was so high on this kid coming out HS, but injuries have really ended the kids career. It's a sad story fellas :(

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Well hes only 24 so his career isnt exactly over just yet.

He could still be a solid pro if he stays on the court.

Jaji
06-29-2010, 09:39 PM
:eyebrow:

FarOutIos
06-29-2010, 09:42 PM
As much as I hate the Lakers, I could see him fitting in there. He would be the one player I could actually hope would succeed on the lakers.

Seems to me like he would benefit from going to a team that he isn't expected to do much. Let him keep progressing at his own rate.

Grizz/Cowboys09
06-29-2010, 09:42 PM
I love it when PSDers work it out. :D

Anyway this is the truth, if Livingston is fully healthy, he can be a very good starter.

well i'm never too proud to admit i'm wrong or uninformed

Stunner
06-29-2010, 10:07 PM
As much as I hate the Lakers, I could see him fitting in there. He would be the one player I could actually hope would succeed on the lakers.

Seems to me like he would benefit from going to a team that he isn't expected to do much. Let him keep progressing at his own rate.

x2 the Triangle likes tall guards expect for Fisher case. Shaun would be a great fit next to Kobe. Jus like when Ron Harper use to run the Point back in the day.

Jaji
06-29-2010, 10:20 PM
x2 the Triangle likes tall guards expect for Fisher case. Shaun would be a great fit next to Kobe. Jus like when Ron Harper use to run the Point back in the day.

Ron Harper didn't really run the point. You're right, taller guards are preferred and the reason isthere is no true PG in the triangle. Pippen usually brought the ball up for the Bulls and Jordan did most of the ball handling in the half court. Harper was only a PG in the program.

dodie53
06-29-2010, 10:36 PM
suns should take a look at him,
with their medical staff,
they could help him.

besides,
nash is on the decline, i think.

Swashcuff
06-29-2010, 11:08 PM
Is this thread a joke..............

MIKE "G.O.A.T" JAMES is the best PG available in FA.

Vikingfan84
06-29-2010, 11:22 PM

Out of your mind much? T-mac made a career for himself before injuries caught up to him. Livingston's career never got started. No comparison.

Stunner
06-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Out of your mind much? T-mac made a career for himself before injuries caught up to him. Livingston's career never got started. No comparison.

x2

christexaport
06-30-2010, 11:27 PM
Livingston will be in demand regardless, and his price won't be as small as others imagine. he could get some exception cash.

ILoveL.A2416
06-30-2010, 11:28 PM
Nope. That Knee Injury he had really messed his career up. Had great potential though. Sad to see...