PDA

View Full Version : Would Cavs Fans Boo Lebron if he went to another team and came back to play in Cle?

JordansBulls
06-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Would Cavs Fans Boo Lebron if he went to another team and came back to play against the Cavs?

Giannis94
06-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Yes because hell be winning championships in Milwaukee

tdunk21
06-28-2010, 09:42 PM
i personally wouldnt....

tdunk21
06-28-2010, 09:46 PM
and moreover this thread should be created after he leaves cleveland....he is still a cav....

BranWingss
06-28-2010, 09:47 PM
and moreover this thread should be created after he leaves cleveland....he is still a cav....

Would Cavs Fans Boo Lebron if he went to another team and came back to play in Cle?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-28-2010, 09:49 PM
I just asked Raptor fans the same thing about Bosh. And most said no.

I don't know how you can boo the greatest player of your franchise unless he went on bad terms. And Lebron does have the right to leave if he wants.

D Roses Bulls
06-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Would Cavs Fans Boo Lebron if he went to another team and came back to play against the Cavs?

come one JB...... you should already know the answer to that. it would be worse then when shaq left orlando

kjoke
06-28-2010, 09:57 PM
i say yes

unleashthebeast
06-28-2010, 10:00 PM
i would think that there would have to be more security at the game. personally, if i was lebron i would be worried about my safety

IrespectNumber3
06-28-2010, 10:09 PM
No But Bulls and Knick fans who boo if he doesn't go to there teams

harm0n1x
06-28-2010, 10:33 PM
actually we would sell those games out so we could boo him. this is cleveland, the reason the plastic beer bottle was invented, the infamous 5 cent beer night at the indians game years ago.. the browns suck, and they sell out every game. get your facts straight.

gbpackers12
06-28-2010, 10:37 PM
They'd boo him. I know I would.

Nighthawk
06-28-2010, 10:49 PM
No But Bulls and Knick fans who boo if he doesn't go to there teams

Bulls fans wont because they already have Rose, Noah and Deng and only need a piece or two.Not neccessarrily Bron.. NY has nothing

sixer04fan
06-28-2010, 10:49 PM
I hope so

avrpatsfan
06-28-2010, 10:59 PM
They shouldn't but they will. He singlehandedly changed their franchise from terrible to one of the best. He has no reason to stay if the Cavs are not the best option from the winning standpoint.

shep33
06-28-2010, 11:04 PM
I think they will big time, it could get ugly. Cleveland fans have nothing to cheer for except LBJ. The Indians, the Browns, haven't been too great in recent memory. New York is gonna hate him too haha, i think they'll dislike LBJ even more then Cleveland.

abe_froman
06-28-2010, 11:16 PM
probably.i would if i were them

abe_froman
06-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Bulls fans wont because they already have Rose, Noah and Deng and only need a piece or two.Not neccessarrily Bron.. NY has nothing

this

Bucsfan
06-28-2010, 11:18 PM
ii will boo him wherever he plays lol

maddBat
06-28-2010, 11:19 PM
it would be like vince carter playing against toronto. boos everytime he touches it. but eventually he'd shut them up with a jam or deep 3.

RaysFan
06-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Of course they would. If LeBron leaves then imo it would go down as one of the crappiest situations a group of fans ever had to endure.

I say that because of the way LeBron has handled this. He has been talking non-stop about his free-agency for 2 years now. I think it was all considered funny when he was a lock to stay in Cleveland. If he really was looking forward to this day as much as he let on over the last 2 years, it REALLY speaks poorly on LeBron. Remember his "July 1st of 2010 will be a big day guys" line from almost 2 years ago? I think that line takes on an entirely different meaning if he actually leaves Cleveland.

ldc62
06-28-2010, 11:50 PM
it would be like vince carter playing against toronto. boos everytime he touches it. but eventually he'd shut them up with a jam or deep 3.

wouldn't be even close...

HuRRiCaNeS324
06-29-2010, 12:05 AM
No, because the Cavs don't have any fans. It's just Lebron bandwagoners.

LMFAO at your sig!

Wade_County
06-29-2010, 12:08 AM
i would think that there would have to be more security at the game. personally, if i was lebron i would be worried about my safety

This.....

Melo15
06-29-2010, 12:28 AM
They would and they should. The guy grew up right outside of Cleveland and constantly promised the fanbase a championship. If he leaves now he would have basically just bailed and the city would never let him forget it. I'll do you one better, if LeBron leaves he will no longer be able to live in his Akron home or anywhere even close to the Akron/Cleveland area with family.

akagiredsuns
06-29-2010, 12:32 AM
Yes because hell be winning championships in Milwaukee

:facepalm:

GOON MUSIC
06-29-2010, 04:16 AM
no because the arena would be empty

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Master Mind
06-29-2010, 04:32 AM
They'll boo forever

magichatnumber9
06-29-2010, 06:48 AM
They would want Lebron's head on a pike.

levignjw
06-29-2010, 07:56 AM
They shouldn't but they will. He singlehandedly changed their franchise from terrible to one of the best. He has no reason to stay if the Cavs are not the best option from the winning standpoint.

The last time I checked he hasn't won a single Championship in Cleveland....

NYK|NYY
06-29-2010, 07:58 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets booed more when he comes to MSG.

tjlipford
06-29-2010, 08:10 AM
Some fans will, but really he has turned the franchise around even though he hasn't brought us any rings. It has been fun since the day we drafted him in 2003 so I wont boo or wish him bad luck or anything.

I would be a little mad because we here in Cleveland feel like there is unfinished business that must be taken care of. I already know fans from Chicago, New York, etc.... will question "what does he owe the city?" But Im not really going to explain myself because if u live here u know that feeling.

He has to put himself in the best place to win and thats whats most important. People can feel the way they want but 2 months ago everybody pretty much thought that the Cavs will be in the Finals and maybe win it, now his team isnt good etc.. Now I will say we dont have a Rose or what the Bulls have to offer at this moment but people act like we cant and wont make any moves.

The consensus here in Cleveland is that we definitely need some big time players and not just these OK players because it just didnt work out that way.

As a whole though, the city would look at him in a light that Art Modell is looked at.

Being that he is from Ohio and not too far from Cleveland I wouldnt have any hard feelings towards him.

MaHaRaJaH
06-29-2010, 08:54 AM
They'd boo him. I know I would.

Exactly.

GrumpyOldMan
06-29-2010, 08:55 AM
I think he would be booed, but I don't think he should be. All he is doing is exercising the rights that the CBA gives him. When is the next time that he can actually pick where he is going to work? Six or seven years from now?

DWills
06-29-2010, 09:48 AM

this might be the most ridiculous statement in this thread........these people are in the midwest......they dont think like we do down here in s. florida....most are nice hard working people.....certainly theyre gonna be disappointed, i mean he did singlehandedly take one of the worst franchises in the NBA and gave them relevance, but to suggest theyd hurt him is pretty lol....id be surprised if there weren't more cheers than boos

tjlipford
06-29-2010, 10:05 AM
this might be the most ridiculous statement in this thread........these people are in the midwest......they dont think like we do down here in s. florida....most are nice hard working people.....certainly theyre gonna be disappointed, i mean he did singlehandedly take one of the worst franchises in the NBA and gave them relevance, but to suggest theyd hurt him is pretty lol....id be surprised if there weren't more cheers than boos

Man Cleveland is one of the worst cities as far as crime rate. U said people in the Midwest don't think like y'all. Man if u only knew. :facepalm:

With that said I don't really think he has to fear for his life or anything but people are crazy

UCF2007
06-29-2010, 10:10 AM
He shouldnt be booed, nor should Bosh or Wade if they leave. I dont think Wade will but none would deserve it. James and Bosh would leave to win titles even though as a Raptor fan I would love Bosh to stay but it is different then when VC left, I still hate him.

Bosh and James could not do it alone so if they left, even without winning any titles I would have no hard feelings, but theres always going to be some people who will.

prodigy
06-29-2010, 10:24 AM
If lebron leaves!!! Yes I will boo him.

1. He did not win anything and sucked in the playoffs this past season.

2. He would be destroying the franchise pretty much for at least 3 years. thats only if cavs get lucky in the drafts.

3. He would be costing a lot of people Their jobs.

4. lebron is a reason the Cavs have not signed better players. Last season Ariza wanted to come here but just needed lebron to say he's committed to the Cavs. But Lebron wanted to be a FA so bad that he cost the Cavs talent. Frye and Artest both stressed the same feelings.

Boozer also called lebron before leaving Cleveland and asked him what he should do. lebron said " do whats best for your family". Wow, How about, RESIGN AND WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS AND MAKE MONEY!!!! lol.

5. Lebron said at the obama rally that he was not leaving. So that makes him a lair. But then when Ariza asked for a commitment he couldn't give one, wow.

6. Lebron claims to love Akron, Cleveland and Ohio, Well we will see.

Just a few reasons I would hate him. But Life does go on and I'm lucky. I'm lucky i have great jobs that do not depend on Lebron. My life really would not be effected. But I would still boo him to the fullest.

I would be interested to see what lebron does with that mansion, he can't live there and I'm not sure who can afford to buy it lol.

gcoll
06-29-2010, 10:27 AM
They will, and they should.

prodigy
06-29-2010, 10:31 AM
With that said I don't really think he has to fear for his life or anything but people are crazy

I still remember bottle gate. Man those refs cheated. you can't go back and review a play after another play is ran. CHEATERS!!!!! ahhhhhh where my bottles. Cost the Browns the playoffs.

heattiltheend94
06-29-2010, 10:33 AM
He doesn't deserve it, but he will. He was the one who created the cavs, and he hasn't gotten anything in return.

prodigy
06-29-2010, 10:36 AM
He doesn't deserve it, but he will. He was the one who created the cavs, and he hasn't gotten anything in return.

Believe it or not the Cavs were really good at times threw out their history before lebron got there.

They were better then the Bulls that one year, it took a insane shot for them to win.

JordansBulls
06-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Believe it or not the Cavs were really good at times threw out their history before lebron got there.

They were better then the Bulls that one year, it took a insane shot for them to win.

Yep 1988-1993 they were a great team. 1989 and 1992 they were title contenders.

Melo15
06-29-2010, 10:56 AM
nobody boo'ed jordan while he was on the wizards.....

Completely different situations

J_M_B
06-29-2010, 11:14 AM
I wouldn't, but Cavs fans will and for a very long time.

Knick fans might too..

Canterbury
06-29-2010, 12:32 PM
I would if I was a Cavs fan.

xbrackattackx
06-29-2010, 01:38 PM
I would boo him. Just saying. Anyone who leaves the franchise that made them, high and dry with nothing is a prick anyway.

Sly Guy
06-29-2010, 02:34 PM
I would find it very entertaining if they did. Considering he has not [to the best of my knowledge] mistreated the organization, and the fact Raptors fans have always gotten a hard time over booing vince.

nanablvd
06-29-2010, 02:52 PM
that's exactly the basis upon which I claim Lebron will return back to the Cavs; it's not a great scenario to be in to get booed by his hometown pple and the city in which he's built a legacy for 7 years. The only way to obliterate the minds of what happened in game 5 is to stay as a Cavs and try to win a champ for many years to come. Now, however, all indications point to Lebron would leave so I may have underestimated Lebron's desire to be the first billionnaire athelete.