PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Get rid of Zambrano

cubbiesalldaway
06-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Should the Cubs get rid of Z

Matchstckman
06-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Finally someone opens a thread regarding this topic because I've been dying to find some place to discuss it.

/being a dick

croce_99
06-28-2010, 08:48 PM
It's not as simple as it sounds getting rid of him. I think we'd all agree that Zambrano should find a new home.

But that also means we're going to pay 75% of his salary.
Worth it?

Matchstckman
06-28-2010, 08:49 PM
It's not as simple as it sounds getting rid of him. I think we'd all agree that Zambrano should find a new home.

But that also means we're going to pay 75% of his salary.
Worth it?

I don't agree with that. He's been somewhat crappy this year, but also very unlucky.

croce_99
06-28-2010, 08:51 PM
I don't agree with that. He's been somewhat crappy this year, but also very unlucky.

His stats worth 18 million a year? He's really no better than a 3 starter right now.

Also, think about how Lou is using him. Is a relief pitcher worth that much money? That I know we all can agree on

Matchstckman
06-28-2010, 08:52 PM
His stats worth 18 million a year? He's really no better than a 3 starter right now.

Also, think about how Lou is using him. Is a relief pitcher worth that much money? That I know we all can agree on

Well, yeah, my desire to keep him is going to remain no matter what (as of now), but especially if he's back in the rotation and not with Strom Thurmond running things from the dugout.

croce_99
06-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Well, yeah, my desire to keep him is going to remain no matter what (as of now), but especially if he's back in the rotation and not with Strom Thurmond running things from the dugout.

I don't even remember the last time I saw/heard the name "Strom Thurmond" :laugh:

turnaround3
06-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Keep him if for no other reason then we can't get anything that would make it reasonable to move him.

Matchstckman
06-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Keep him if for no other reason then we can't get anything that would make it reasonable to move him.

Your sig inspired me to sit through that whole terrible song on YouTube and it was worth every second.

turnaround3
06-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Your sig inspired me to sit through that whole terrible song on YouTube and it was worth every second.

These are my exact feelings.

Randall Simon
06-28-2010, 09:50 PM
the poll is a simple question; get rid of him or not. in a vacuum: yes

Vandelay16
06-28-2010, 10:01 PM

That sig made my pants very tight...

writ42
06-28-2010, 10:33 PM
I say we just kill Zambrano. I mean there has to be enough Italian mobsters left in Chicago who would kill Zambrano for only a fraction of his contract. :cool:

Yagyu+
06-29-2010, 01:25 AM
Imagine the following, if you will:

Zambrano all giving Lou the Pedro Martinez v. Don Zimmer treatment.

Brenley all screaming, "Oh, the audacity!"

Ron's prostheses getting ripped off all, "And that's why you always leave a note."

Anything you can imagine is real.

EDIT: Is it wrong that I've started viewing this whole scenario with Zambrano as McMurphy and Lou as Nurse Ratched?

unbalanced
06-29-2010, 08:59 AM
the cubs used to be the lovable losers....now thanks to player like big Z, they're just losers.

IRNMN
06-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Yes. It's not like past year where the Cubs have had no pitching prospects. The Cubs have had their share of issues with the guy. In this situation if he blossums again some where else no one can blame the Cubs for trading him because he has made an *** of himself ever year basically. The Cubs will probably need to package him away to make the deal sweet enough to bring back value.

BDawk4Prez
06-29-2010, 11:04 AM
This place is reminding me of the Eagles forum where everry thread was about McNabb.

Wouldn't it be really cool if there were other places to discuss?

Hmm, I dunno, like the other 7347 Z threads.

windycityD
06-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Yes. It's not like past year where the Cubs have had no pitching prospects. The Cubs have had their share of issues with the guy. In this situation if he blossums again some where else no one can blame the Cubs for trading him because he has made an *** of himself ever year basically. The Cubs will probably need to package him away to make the deal sweet enough to bring back value.

Unless it's a straight contract swap (ex Zito) that lines up in terms of the money and years, this all would come down to us eating sizeable payroll. Sure, maybe an upside A ball spec gets tossed in (not Archer), but the money we'd eat is the sweetener. Anyone who might trade for him is going for the value they (still) see in Z, all on the cheap.

This fall & winter, I have no doubt moves will be explored. This summer, before Aug 31st (waiver deadline), not likely. It would be extremely dumb to relegate him to the pen for any significant length of time during the second half of the season. Of course, that's asking a lot if Hendry & Lou both finish out the season.