PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jays All Star Selections

BlueJayCarter
06-28-2010, 07:13 PM
I saw a thread about Jose Bautista in the Home Run derby. And I thought about a thread for Blue Jays selections to the actual All Star game.

Most of the Blue Jays in reality are playing over what they have done in their careers. Batista, still with a bad average but leading the MLB with home runs. Vernon Wells already with 19. John Buck with 13.

Pitching, starting has been good. Along with some relievers.

My selections:

Vernon Wells, good average, good defense, Homeruns and RBIs
Ricky Romero, ERA, Wins, Losses, CG, Shut-Out
Shawn Camp, Good ERA, Holds, Strikeout to Walk, Reliable pitcher

raps14
06-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Camp....really

Frank Costanza
06-28-2010, 07:18 PM
first of blujaycarter frank wants to say he is very impressed with your contribution this season so far good posts good thread

i like vernon alot not only the hrs but the extra base hits, the whole yr he has been consistent no extended slumps

ricky romero or shaun marcum i hope one gets in they both deserve it much

i dont think campy gets in cause if they wanna give three spots to jays i think one would go to bautista or gonzalez b4 campy but i agree he has been huge

keep up the good postage

BlueJayFanDan
06-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Vernon should make it and if we are lucky I say Ricky gets in. Camp wont make it.

marcre
06-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Gonzo deserves a shot as well.

H-MYK
06-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Vernon and Romero should get the nods

nithanyo
06-28-2010, 08:31 PM
VW imo should start but mlb voting is stupid. Romero and MArcum should make the team as well. Bautista should be in the HR derby. Gonzo should make it too

5 all star caliber players in a rebuilding season.... impressive

Gibby
06-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Romero and Marcum should make it with a couple more wins. Wells, Bautista, Gonzo should make it.

frostilicus
06-28-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm not sure that any of the hitters are all that deserving of going to the all star game. Pretty much all they do is hit home runs. Which I guess is fun to watch but all stars shouldn't be that one dimensional. I doubt any of the pitchers will get in if for no other reason than no one knows who they are. We'll probably be represented by Wells just because he has name recognition and maybe Romero will get in as one of the last pitchers. I'll be pretty surprised if anyone besides those two go.

GrumpyOldMan
06-29-2010, 08:09 AM
Shortstop isn't very deep in the AL, so Gonzo could be a reserve. I'd like to see Wells make it as well. Bautista is a tough one. I would like for Romero to make it too.

Nuke
06-29-2010, 09:53 AM
^^Shortstop in the AL isn't deep at all, but I still don't think Gonzo will get the invite. I think Wells should. He's put up good number so far (his avg has slipped a little). But Romero and Marcum both deserve to be there! No chance Camp gets and invite

blujaysrock
06-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Vernon and Romero should get the nods

I agree, Baustista would probably have a shot if his AVG was a little higher but hopefully Ricky and Vernon can represent us.

BlueJayCarter
06-29-2010, 10:06 AM
I know Camp is a long shot. However, he is the only Blue Jay in the pen that I trust when Cito hands him the ball. All the others have exploded for periods of time during the season. Downs, Frasor, R. Lewis, Roenicke, Gregg, Janssen, Purcey, Accardo, Valdez have all exploded. Some of that is from mis use by Cito and not having faith in them or putting them in bad spots.

But with Camp you put if in any situation and he is good. That is why I think he is underrated and deserves an All Star call. Going to happen, not in a long shot.

nithanyo
06-29-2010, 12:08 PM
I know Camp is a long shot. However, he is the only Blue Jay in the pen that I trust when Cito hands him the ball. All the others have exploded for periods of time during the season. Downs, Frasor, R. Lewis, Roenicke, Gregg, Janssen, Purcey, Accardo, Valdez have all exploded. Some of that is from mis use by Cito and not having faith in them or putting them in bad spots.

But with Camp you put if in any situation and he is good. That is why I think he is underrated and deserves an All Star call. Going to happen, not in a long shot.

If camp is gonna go to the all star game most of our relievers from 08 and 09 deserved to be all stars. Underated relievers like Camp often dont make it to the ASG. The bigname guys could be having a worse year than Camp but the Paps and the Mo's will defineley make it

heusy_79
06-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Wells will almost certainly be there given his numbers and the fact he's been there before and is supposed to be our "name" player. Bautista and Gonzalez will get considered because they both started so hot but I wouldn't consider either of them as locks. As for pitchers, both Romero and Marcum have a chance to be added to the roster but I bet they would stay glued to the bench.

scotttube
06-29-2010, 02:26 PM
They're not going to have more than 2, as much as we may think they should.