PDA

View Full Version : LeBron & Bosh to Miami with Wade

smdodgerfan
06-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Just heard it on the Dan Patrick radio show. According to Stephen A. Smith, LeBron and Chris Bosh will sign with Miami and D Wade will resign as well. That gives them the "3 headed monster" everyone wants. Dan was saying that gives them the best lineup and can beat the Lakers. What do you all think?

My thoughts, no way. Yes they will be competitive with LA, but still can't beat us in a 7 game series. Patrick was saying that those 3 can beat our big 3 of Kobe, Gasol & Bynum. What he fails to consider is that we also have RonRon, who will have a year under his belt with the triangle and can easily defend LeBron. Kobe can guard Wade and that leaves Gasol on Bosh. But who than can guard Bynum? they have no legit center. Of if we are playing Lamar, no one on their team can stop both he and Gasol. Bosh can only cover 1 guy. I still think LA can beat this so called dream team.

What say you?

lakers4sho
06-28-2010, 05:51 PM
lol Stephen A. Smith...

borat
06-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Good if it ends up being true.I hope everyone jumps on the bandwagon. I hope everyone predicts that they will win it all next year. More motivation for Kobe and company to prove them wrong and that is one of the biggest factors in trying to 3peat. It is hard to stay motivated and this sort of thing could only help us.

BYBLOS88
06-28-2010, 05:54 PM
i dont think it will happen but if it does us and all the other teams in the league are screwed. lakers are damn good but honestly that team would be ridiculous, i dont think you can make that good of a team on nba2k!

Raidaz4Life
06-28-2010, 05:59 PM
I think a lot of it depends on whether or not we can acquire some sort of a bench this offseason (Bell, McGrady, Miller, Ridnour, etc.) and the other part of it depends on our overall team health (primarily Kobe and Bynum). If we can acquire two of the aforementioned players (I would LOVE McGrady and Bell) and Kobe and Bynum come back 100% next year, then I think we could beat a trio of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. But then again there are a lot of what ifs in there.

Cooper
06-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Those three are only good when they have the ball in their hands. I personally think that Wade and Lebron on the same team would be a bad match. If they do that, someone's numbers are going to take a nosedive.

still1ballin
06-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Good if it ends up being true.I hope everyone jumps on the bandwagon. I hope everyone predicts that they will win it all next year. More motivation for Kobe and company to prove them wrong and that is one of the biggest factors in trying to 3peat. It is hard to stay motivated and this sort of thing could only help us.

This

If that happens and they don't win it all, all of their reputation will crumble

8kobe24
06-28-2010, 06:29 PM

I agree, I could care less who signs where. They think that's what it takes to beat the Lakers? Well in less than a year they will find out they were ALL wrong. I'm sure Kobe and Co. will rise to the occasion and slay the 3 headed, 4 headed monster, or whatever. The only team that I see beating the Lakers is themselves.

Avenged
06-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Doubt this happens but if it does, lets not kid ourselves. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh on the same team and you guys think they can't beat the Lakers? Come on now. The Lakers are good but they're not unbeatable.

TboneM3
06-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Whose going to handle the ball? Yes you can have too many egos on one team.

LA_Raiders
06-28-2010, 06:47 PM
no way, LeBrooms ego will joind Wades Team...

And 3 max deals leaves with a ****** PG, C & Bench...

lakers4sho
06-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Doubt this happens but if it does, lets not kid ourselves. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh on the same team and you guys think they can't beat the Lakers? Come on now. The Lakers are good but they're not unbeatable.

2004 didn't win the gold medal.

I don't think championships are made by putting together the best talent on paper. For one thing, there's only one ball. Then you bring up the question of ego.

Plus with 3 max contracts, who else can they sign? D-Leaguers?

8kobe24
06-28-2010, 06:51 PM

Not saying the Lakers are unbeatable, also you gotta factor in all those egos (wade, lebron, bosh) in one team will have a hard time mixing. IF this ever happens, this is not boston's big 3 where all 3 players were willing to take on their roles. wade, lebron, bosh all are looking to be top dog on a team. The Lakers will play as a unit, as a family, my question is will they (wade lebron bosh)?

kblo247
06-28-2010, 06:51 PM

Support and coaching come to mind. I'd assume Riley would coach so that part is a given, but the support isn't a given as they would have to have a team of vet mins, d-league guys, and rookies.

thedon01
06-28-2010, 07:06 PM
1. trying to sell papers
2. not happening, Wade and Lebron can't co-exsist on the same team. Bosh and Wade is more realistic.

Avenged
06-28-2010, 07:09 PM
2004 didn't win the gold medal.

I don't think championships are made by putting together the best talent on paper. For one thing, there's only one ball. Then you bring up the question of ego.

Plus with 3 max contracts, who else can they sign? D-Leaguers?

2004 featured an old Malone and Payton.

Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are not there yet, they're still in their prime and it can be argued that some of them aren't even in their prime yet.

Not saying the Lakers are unbeatable, also you gotta factor in all those egos (wade, lebron, bosh) in one team will have a hard time mixing. IF this ever happens, this is not boston's big 3 where all 3 players were willing to take on their roles. wade, lebron, bosh all are looking to be top dog on a team. The Lakers will play as a unit, as a family, my question is will they (wade lebron bosh)?

That's a major concern, I agree. But with 3 very talented superstars, it's not like they'll suck it up. At the end of the day, they have the talent and experience to get it done especially Wade.

Support and coaching come to mind. I'd assume Riley would coach so that part is a given, but the support isn't a given as they would have to have a team of vet mins, d-league guys, and rookies.

I guess that would be a problem but the Lakers didn't necessarily have a good bench either. Very inconsistent and limited contributions but they still found a way to win it all.

lakers4sho
06-28-2010, 07:11 PM
By 2004 I meant Olympic team, hence the "gold medal" :cool:

Avenged
06-28-2010, 07:13 PM
By 2004 I meant Olympic team, hence the "gold medal" :cool:

Completely missed that one.

:facepalm: @ myself.

showtime24
06-28-2010, 07:33 PM
having a back court of wade & lebron is freaking scary

Kobe, Ron & Pau vs Wade, LBJ & Bosh

bring it on!

jonesyLakeShow
06-28-2010, 07:35 PM
2004 featured an old Malone and Payton.

Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are not there yet, they're still in their prime and it can be argued that some of them aren't even in their prime yet.

That's a major concern, I agree. But with 3 very talented superstars, it's not like they'll suck it up. At the end of the day, they have the talent and experience to get it done especially Wade.

I guess that would be a problem but the Lakers didn't necessarily have a good bench either. Very inconsistent and limited contributions but they still found a way to win it all.
lets get dirk nowitzki for lamar and luke walton lol maybe throw in future first rounder and sign and trade shannon brown

Avenged
06-28-2010, 07:40 PM
lets get dirk nowitzki for lamar and luke walton lol maybe throw in future first rounder and sign and trade shannon brown

I don't know where your comment comes from but Dirk is going to opt out anyway and the Lakers can't afford him.

nanablvd
06-28-2010, 07:41 PM
As much as I think it's not going to happen, I do think either Lebron OR Bosh will end up in Miami with Wade. If Lebron chooses Miami, Bosh is not going there cuz he will be the third option and he hates that.

RollinDeep
06-28-2010, 07:41 PM
This

If that happens and they don't win it all, all of their reputation will crumble

And the magic of the Lakers, and legacy of KB24 will grow.

Showmeyourtds
06-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Anyone who has seen me post knows I fully support the lakers. That heat team absolutely would push us to 7 games no matter what if they got those two additions. I think it will force the lakers to play the best game of the season to win it which I have full faith that we would. I am so excited for next season and free agency hasn't even began lol. I honestly wish the nets would get some stud talent with all that cap space and a new owner and the fans although pretty rowdy, no fan deserves to lose that many games....well maybe the celtics do....not the point though :-D

lakers4sho
06-28-2010, 07:45 PM
But we better be ready, because that team for sure will shoot at least 50 FTs.

jonesyLakeShow
06-28-2010, 07:46 PM
they weren't in their prime like these three are other wise kobe in his prime and shaq malone and payton all in their prime forget it chalk it up ...easy ring getters

jonesyLakeShow
06-28-2010, 07:48 PM
I don't know where your comment comes from but Dirk is going to opt out anyway and the Lakers can't afford him.
we can afford him in a sign a trade thats what im talking about ...dirk could come here if we could afford bosh we can afford him

fresh prince
06-28-2010, 07:48 PM
iTS ALMOST 99% all 3 of those dudes arent playing together on the same team..

If they did it would be about 99% certain that they would win multiple championships.

That's 3 of the top 10 players in the league on the same team. The only other teams that could ever dream of saying something similiar were the showtime Lakers:

Magic
Worthy
Kareem

and the Celtics of the same era:

Bird
Mchale
Parish

* Fringe top 10?

Bron, Wade and Bosh are easily top 10 in the game talents. That **** would be scary..

Wont happen tho

lalalakerz09
06-28-2010, 08:16 PM
1. trying to sell papers
2. not happening, Wade and Lebron can't co-exsist on the same team. Bosh and Wade is more realistic.

I think they can co-exist but I believe that LBJ goes to Chicago and Bosh to Miami. Lakers have to do something to strengthen their bench because this year we were fortunate that Fish hit some great shots, Artest played great D and hit some big shots, Gasol. If they didnt we would be eating Green this year. I say get TMac, Bell and a defensive minded PG that can breakdown the defense. Use the MLE and get a PG. TMac for vet min or forget him. What we would have to pay to get Bell? who would we have to trade for Bell??

smdodgerfan
06-28-2010, 08:17 PM
I really don't think they are 3 of the top 10 players in the NBA. 2 of 10, for sure. But I can certainly think of 8 other players that are better than Bosh.

Kobe, Pau, Dirk, Nash, CP3, Pierce, Rondo, D. Williams, Durant, Carmelo, Amare, Howard, etc etc. Heck I don't know that I would even take bosh over Bynum at this point. I don't see how we can say he is top 10.

New Power House
06-28-2010, 08:28 PM
having a back court of wade & lebron is freaking scary

Kobe, Ron & Pau vs Wade, LBJ & Bosh

bring it on!

Bynum,Fisher and Odom are the key factors on the Lakers formula to beat them.
Lakers as soon as they find out where these players land will be ready to react. Remember Buss plays pocker! Lebron will be more dangerous in Chicago than Miami. Also, They can attract cheap free agents that hate the lakers and this is very serious matter. Is going to be WAR!!

Avenged
06-28-2010, 08:28 PM
we can afford him in a sign a trade thats what im talking about ...dirk could come here if we could afford bosh we can afford him

Your suggesting Odom, Luke, and Shannon (who's opting out anyway) for Dirk? We're not going to rape another team in a long time. Besides, Cuban has a severe man crush on Dirk to just let him go for what your suggesting.

truplayer199
06-28-2010, 08:37 PM
This will never happen - its just pure hype and speculation. Since when anything Stephen A say is credible. He is the same person that went on to say he is certain that Kobe will not remain a Laker (during the "trade me era.")

Also their is no way that Stern and the NBA allow this to happen. The NBA would be some imbalance - certainly not good from a business perspective. How many teams in the East would be above .500, three maybe?

It's absurd to even think of 3 superstar players who are not even in their prime playing on the same team. Definitely not in this era.

New Power House
06-28-2010, 09:31 PM
This will never happen - its just pure hype and speculation. Since when anything Stephen A say is credible. He is the same person that went on to say he is certain that Kobe will not remain a Laker (during the "trade me era.")

Also their is no way that Stern and the NBA allow this to happen. The NBA would be some imbalance - certainly not good from a business perspective. How many teams in the East would be above .500, three maybe?

It's absurd to even think of 3 superstar players who are not even in their prime playing on the same team. Definitely not in this era.

Stern has not word on this. But he will be happy to find out that his new Jordan will be closer to win a ring. Boston and other teams in the past have at least two. Bosh is a step below Wade and Lebron and it can be easily said that Bynum,Artest and Odom are not too far below him. If Miami does not get it done then the Lakers will dominate even easier for the next four years until Kobe declines and gets ready to retire. Them together is actually the only way possible to try to stop the new Lakers dynasty. So,I think that The God Father of the NBA will approve it and will help for this to happen if he can.

Storch
06-28-2010, 10:05 PM
I say bring it!

fresh prince
06-28-2010, 11:48 PM
I really don't think they are 3 of the top 10 players in the NBA. 2 of 10, for sure. But I can certainly think of 8 other players that are better than Bosh.

Kobe, Pau, Dirk, Nash, CP3, Pierce, Rondo, D. Williams, Durant, Carmelo, Amare, Howard, etc etc. Heck I don't know that I would even take bosh over Bynum at this point. I don't see how we can say he is top 10.

Really!!

I don't think there's any argument for Peirce being a top 10 player these days.

1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. Wade
4. Durant
5. D Howard
6. Melo
7. CP3
8. D Williams
9. Dirk
10. I think here is where u could argue Bosh.. Duncan.. Nash..Pau ... Rondo etc.

But yea Bosh is in the discussion for top 10. Realistically he's some where from 10 -15.

PraiseJesus
06-28-2010, 11:57 PM
So this would be the lineup:

Tito Jackson
D Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Sam Bowie

They are going to walk into the finals.

PraiseJesus
06-29-2010, 12:00 AM
Really!!

I don't think there's any argument for Peirce being a top 10 player these days.

1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. Wade
4. Durant
5. D Howard
6. Melo
7. CP3
8. D Williams
9. Dirk
10. I think here is where u could argue Bosh.. Duncan.. Nash..Pau ... Rondo etc.

But yea Bosh is in the discussion for top 10. Realistically he's some where from 10 -15.

Mine:

1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. Wade
4. Durant
5. D Howard
6. Stephen Curry
7. CP3
8. D Williams
9. Dirk
10. Melo

JJigga3000
06-29-2010, 12:18 AM
What system do they run, both LeBron and Wad need the ball in their hands. LeBron is not a post up player, and he would have to change his game to fit in with those three. While those three form a good core, I don't think they're as good as the Celtics core. Also who takes the lesser role WADE? LeBron is coming to his city. There is no way that team beats a healthy Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum. a lot also fail to realize we have X factors in Odom, Artest, and Fisher. Not to mention us getting a few decent aquisitions this summer. if Bell comes now you have 3 great defensive players and Kobe will have to even less, which reserves his energy. Even if they do get em, the Lakers are at the to, the burden would be on Miami to beat L.A. could it happen yes, but most likely no.

Iron24th
06-29-2010, 01:37 AM
no way, LeBrooms ego will joind Wades Team...

And 3 max deals leaves with a ****** PG, C & Bench...

This.

How the hell people can believe speculations like this???

People underestimate importance of money,3 max deals? Lebron's ego with Wade and Bosh?

Are you F kidding me???

Iron24th
06-29-2010, 01:43 AM
Mine:

1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. Wade
4. Durant
5. D Howard
6. Stephen Curry
7. CP3
8. D Williams
9. Dirk
10. Melo

:facepalm:

shep33
06-29-2010, 03:01 AM
Lakers in 6

CalJo1617
06-29-2010, 03:14 AM
chicago is the best fit for lebron. they already have a franchise pg and a good hard-nose center. i agree with some of you that lebron and wade have the same style but if you put ray allen, lebron and bosh on the same team...now thats damage. ray allen will have so many open looks. but dont tell anyone :laugh2:

Oaktown R8ers
06-29-2010, 03:15 AM
if we get tmac
i hope we a healthy tmac who can get that 30ppg like he did before.

JAyster_21
06-29-2010, 03:30 AM
Even if this does happen I'm not worried this is a back2back championship winning team and our team is still gonna be deeper. Unlike 08(hate to mention) but wen boston won when they got ray allen then garnett paired with pierce they had a pretty good point guard in rondo and a decent center in perkins.even if they get lebron wade and bosh other positions are in question and chemistry wont be as tight as ours especailly in those pressure situations....LLLAAAKKKKEEERRRR!!!! srry still on tht championship hype...

shep33
06-29-2010, 03:49 AM
We got this.

Mamba, Pau, Ron, Drew, LO, Fish > Bosh, Wade, LBJ

LakersSaintsLSU
06-29-2010, 04:31 AM
let lebron team try to ride d wades coat tail...jordan and kobe made their team better this is kobes team.....he seems like he's a scary ***** that cant build his own team so he wants to join a super team to stop us that only happen once with boston we will be ready next time....and oh yea we just beat boston

bolts4ever
06-29-2010, 06:18 AM
The Lakers would be foolish not to be aware of what these other teams are doing.

This is not the time to get cocky about our 2010 ring we must look to the future and improve both our PG position and our bench and we will be the most complete and deep team in the league.

1. re-sign Fisher
2. let Farmar, Powell, Brown walk

3. Sign Shaun Livingston + Raja Bell+ Mike Miller/Travis Outlaw

4. Recall 2009 2nd rd pk Chinemelu Elonu from Spain 6'10 PF good athletic toug player.

we need more explosive offense off the bench this year and with Livingston pushing the tempo and Sasha and 1 of Mike Miller/Travis Outlaw Spreading the Floor Lamar can rebound and make plays we can recreate the bench mob from 2008.

Roster

Fisher/Livingston/Sasha
Kobe/Raja Bell/Sasha
Artest/ Miller or Outlaw/ Luke/ Ebanks
Pau/Odom/ Elonu
Bynum/Mbenga/ Pau

Burleson81
06-29-2010, 06:48 AM
Lakers need to re-sign Fish someway, somehow. Kobe spoke well of Raja Bell, but Ron-Ron spoke with T-Mac. As everyone points out, Brown seems like he's going for more money elsewhere, and Farmar wants more starting time elsewhere. Funny how young guys who have won don't factor championships as important as veterans who have not won yet.

NBA playoffs is all about matchups and defense. I say wait until this "super" team is made and see the matchups. Either way, I'm glad Lakers drafted Ebanks. Allegedly he's good at defending. :D Oh, I'd also sign DJ and Morrison, more for locker room morale than actual playing time.

Margie
06-29-2010, 07:42 AM
Who cares we are the Champs. We will beat them.

swinjas
06-29-2010, 08:33 AM
don't worry guys , if , and i said if this wil happen they have 3 good players and all the rest ? what are they going to do with the rest ? fire them ?
if they sign and wade , and lebron , and bosh , they don't have enough for vet's.
and they surely nevver going to have a good bench..

and what about the guard and center .... vet's who are going to retire ?

LA is just the best team and bench ...

where the champions till we ain't no more !!!!

BALLER71
06-29-2010, 09:47 AM
I think a lot of it depends on whether or not we can acquire some sort of a bench this offseason (Bell, McGrady, Miller, Ridnour, etc.) and the other part of it depends on our overall team health (primarily Kobe and Bynum). If we can acquire two of the aforementioned players (I would LOVE McGrady and Bell) and Kobe and Bynum come back 100% next year, then I think we could beat a trio of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. But then again there are a lot of what ifs in there.

Raja has stated the Heat are his first choice. But I can see him joining the Lakers :shrug:

Hammer32
06-29-2010, 09:50 AM
I actually think if Lebron and Bosh go to Chicago that is a much better team. The starting 5 would be as good as the lakers (if not better) it would come down to the benches. I never thought that Boston could win in 2008, but they put it together with a bunch of very old and very young guys

Avenged
06-29-2010, 11:35 AM
if we get tmac
i hope we a healthy tmac who can get that 30ppg like he did before.

Very unlikely. I'd be happy with 10-15 points from him but that may be asking too much,

lakers4sho
06-29-2010, 12:18 PM
Very unlikely. I'd be happy with 10-15 points from him but that may be asking too much,

LOL he can't even average 10 PPG with the Knicks.

truplayer199
06-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Stern has not word on this. But he will be happy to find out that his new Jordan will be closer to win a ring. Boston and other teams in the past have at least two. Bosh is a step below Wade and Lebron and it can be easily said that Bynum,Artest and Odom are not too far below him. If Miami does not get it done then the Lakers will dominate even easier for the next four years until Kobe declines and gets ready to retire. Them together is actually the only way possible to try to stop the new Lakers dynasty. So,I think that The God Father of the NBA will approve it and will help for this to happen if he can.

Neither Artest or Odom is anywhere close to Bosh. Would you consider this years championship dominating? I feel like a lot went in the laker favor why they won the championship this year. We didn't really face any of the teams that matches well with us. We didn't play Dallas, Denver, Portland, Cleveland. etc. And do you have any idea how difficult it is to win back-to-back championships. What makes you think the laker will dominate "even easier" for the next few years? I'm pretty sure this off-season that teams will be making adjustments to match the lakers length.

Storch
06-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Beating this new version of the big 3 would only prove how great the lakers are. Keep them comin!

lakers4sho
06-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Now that I think about it, let them 3 play together. The Lakers will be ready.

Iceman_9
06-30-2010, 12:13 AM
good. so they will self destruct. :D

ldawg
06-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Lakers need to re-sign Fish someway, somehow. Kobe spoke well of Raja Bell, but Ron-Ron spoke with T-Mac. As everyone points out, Brown seems like he's going for more money elsewhere, and Farmar wants more starting time elsewhere. Funny how young guys who have won don't factor championships as important as veterans who have not won yet.

NBA playoffs is all about matchups and defense. I say wait until this "super" team is made and see the matchups. Either way, I'm glad Lakers drafted Ebanks. Allegedly he's good at defending. :D Oh, I'd also sign DJ and Morrison, more for locker room morale than actual playing time.

Funny thing is how Pippen got 6 rings but Broke. Rings is important but you want to get paid doing so, Basketball life is short. Those vets that want the rings got paid and was the best players on there team with shoe deals, Clothes, etc.

ldawg
06-30-2010, 12:32 AM
Lakers need to make a push for Bosh Bynum is not the Answer he can barley carry himself. When Kobe game goes so will the Lakers and thats in 2 years at the third year rebuild will start. Bosh would open the window with Kobe playing a smaller role.

Margie
06-30-2010, 12:11 PM
All you Bosh Lovers go to the Miami board.

Margie
06-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Bosh won't be a Laker. Good

LakersWinAgain
06-30-2010, 01:58 PM
No question those 3 on Miami would be tough, but Miami will be limited by their supporting cast. If they are able to sign a cheap, strong supporting cast (which is possible given that vets want rings), then they become a dangerous team. But they still have to find a true center and a bench.

I'm sure you saw the games versus Toronto...Bynum was very efficient versus Bosh in those games - - IMO Bynum>Bosh. Wade and Lebron will be tough matchups, but defensive schemes can be devised to force the ball into other people's hands.

On the offensive end, Kobe can get a shot off or facilitate...Bynum owns Bosh...who stops Pau?

handle
06-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Looks like a team that is ripe for a first round upset.

truplayer199
06-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Funny thing is how Pippen got 6 rings but Broke. Rings is important but you want to get paid doing so, Basketball life is short. Those vets that want the rings got paid and was the best players on there team with shoe deals, Clothes, etc.

Their is little to no correlation between Pippen's rings and being broke - he simply made a bunch of bad investments.

New Power House
06-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Close this. This is not related to the Lakers.